• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic "Project ZONE" (Interest Check)

Mireille

Pika Pal Trainer
It's the year 2033, precisely 5844 days, 14 hours, and 54 minutes. Have passed since that fateful day known as "Project ZONE" in the year 2017, when the world fell into nuclear, and natural chaos. As you can imagine, nuclear wars raged the earth, I can't even count the times a nuclear weapon was made and set off, changing the earth...causing volcano's to erupt, and all sorts of turmoil within the world. Society as everyone knew it was gone. Only ruins of once great cities remained. It wasn't until 435 days, 10 hours, and 20 minutes ago, the ground was pure enough to grow things once more, only those that survived the carnage bloomed. However, the world was already changed.

Ammunition, and weapons seems easy to find since the mass production from the war. It's the food, and non-tainted water that is the problem. Nobody wants to take the time to start over, there are those whom enjoy killing, and robbing people of what they own. Most turned to cannabalism, others turned to hunting, theft..Oh, where has my mind slipped? I...was only suppose to say one thing, I have over the years worked in my old age...made many safe houses, hidden, booby trapped. Clean water....materials to make your own food, weapons, and plenty of ammunition. But, I warn you...humans are not the only things you must be wary of...as it's the mutated abominations that can really get you..I wish you all luck in this vast network...of madness.

What do you guys think of this? Do you have any opinions? Feedback is welcome. Though, I'd love to hear if anyone would want to do this.

Well put together, I think it's fantastic! A slightly new twist in a rather overused subject, post-apocalyptic RPs have been sadly underdone lately, in my opinion. This could be something awesome, I'd love to promote this for you :D

Stickdom said:
Well put together, I think it's fantastic! A slightly new twist in a rather overused subject, post-apocalyptic RPs have been sadly underdone lately, in my opinion. This could be something awesome, I'd love to promote this for you :D
I appreciate the kind words. Most of the work went into doing the math to figure out the days minutes and hours between those two year points xD . I'd appreciate anything you can do to help, and if you want to join yourself go for it. This is all for fun anyways ^^. Though, it's my first RP so you might have to forgive if it's lacking haha

Haha, the numbers actually impressed me a bit, I actually took a few minutes and calculated it myself, and it kinda surprise me that you went to so much effort xD Unfortunately, I'm all full up on RPs I'm participating in, but I'm a firm believer in jump starting roleplays that have potential. So, since this is your first, if you need any advice, my experience is in creating and advancing a story along, feel free to ask me, or any of the more experienced mods, for that matter, I'm sure they'd also be welcome to help you out :)

Orion said:
Sure thing, I'll send you a message for sure. Though, I also want to hear everyone's opinion. Should I allow people to make a mutant character of their own? Whilst I have most of them figured out. It might bring a unique element, as they could be a form of unique advancement.
@Stickdom @Evergreen98
I think that letting someone make a character with a mutation would be good. However, letting someone make a full out mutant would require some guide lines to prevent some OP characters.

Hmm, if you make mutants playable, you'll have to either find a motive for them to join "the good guys", or find a way for them to have a group of their own, it makes for a short-lived and frustrating RP if the villain characters know everything the good guys do. I've seen many ruined because some baddie "accidentally found" the secret door that the good guys had spent the past 5 pages making invisible, but the villain "saw right through it" <_<

Hmm, if you make mutants playable, you'll have to either find a motive for them to join "the good guys", or find a way for them to have a group of their own, it makes for a short-lived and frustrating RP if the villain characters know everything the good guys do. I've seen many ruined because some baddie "accidentally found" the secret door that the good guys had spent the past 5 pages making invisible, but the villain "saw right through it" <_<

Stickdom said:
I had full intention of making the mutants consider everything, except a mutant an enemy. Whilst I did have some variation. Like Good hearing bad eyesight Slow speed (snail pace) great strength. Though, I'd love to hear your opinions on how to make it as balanced as possible. Luckily I can figure out sometimes if an ability is going to be OP in the long run.

Well, I think the first step is to determine just what goes into a mutant. Are they all the same? What features do they commonly have? How do they survive? Are they intelligent like people, like animals, or like rocks? Just come up with a list of what makes a mutant into a mutant, how they got that way, and how they act. From there, it's alot easier to develop them into a character :)

Stickdom said:
Well, I think the first step is to determine just what goes into a mutant. Are they all the same? What features do they commonly have? How do they survive? Are they intelligent like people, like animals, or like rocks? Just come up with a list of what makes a mutant into a mutant, how they got that way, and how they act. From there, it's alot easier to develop them into a character :)
Yep I understand, I get it, and I'll have to put a bit of thought since they weren't originally going to be player characters. But, I got an idea now, that will help balance them hopefully haha

[QUOTE="David Parks]May I join? :3

[/QUOTE]
Yep you can join if you want. All are available, and once I get things (Balance) sorted out. Things will go better (Making the character sheets, and rules for Humans, and Mutants etc) I'm debating on how many people I should allow join. Suppose that just depends on how many come in and make certain characters xD

This definitely seems very cool, very fallout-esque, and definitely a very interesting depending on the types of characters that join into it.

Paint The Sky Blue]Wow this is really cool! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk [/QUOTE] Feel free to join us [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/threads/project-zone.75334/ said:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/project-zone.75334/[/URL]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back