• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Kuri Avalon (Therapist)
"The only thing I really need help with is how to break to them that they're gonna be pretty much stuck here until they're eighteen. All the kids started sobbing when they learned it. Can't imagine how moody teenagers with tragic childhoods are gonna act."
Avalon nodded calmly - she dreads to think of that. They were already bad enough in this place, or so she thinks, so trying to explain to them and hoping they understood this fact through and through may be a good idea... Their backstories and mentalities may say otherwise, but Avalon seemed fairly determined to give this a try. It's not exactly going to be easy, but it'd be best to give them the key details.
"But that's where you come in."
She stood, heading to the door, assuming Avalon would follow. "You can break in after I give the whole 'you can't leave for a while and even when you do you'll probably be a Synth agent' bit and help soften the blow."
Avalon would indeed get up and follow Blair, managing a smile. "Sure. So, after you've told that, you request a simple reinforcing of the 'no exit until eighteen' rule?" Avalon questioned, wanting to make sure. "If so, that shouldn't be too hard..." Avalon yawned a little bit, wiping her eyes and muffling said yawn as she walked by Blair's side - probably due to maybe looking at the papers one too many times over the past few hours.
Details
Link to CS: Here!
Hex Code: #f573c3
Status (physically): Fine
Status (mentally/emotionally): Fine
Power(s): Pain Transfer
Course of action: Orientation?
Interactions: BittyBobcat BittyBobcat (Blair)
Mentions: None
Nearby: Nobody

48901617006_1e0a3d94f7_m.jpg
Nathaniel Evans

Brother - Psychokinetic - Goth Kid

"Tell me your stories and I'll tell you mine."

--
With: [TJ + others]
Mood: [Slightly uncomfortable]
Nat looked timidly back up at TJ, noticing as he waited for him to answer that the smile was still there. He still couldn't believe this guy was being so friendly towards him, despite what a fool he had just made of himself.

I can't believe I can stand here and have such a normal conversation. Shin was right- maybe this is going to end up being good for me...

He smiled back at TJ just as he gave his answer.

"Unfortunately, I've always been a bit of a Synth brat. My parents worked for Synth, and apparently to Synth, that means I belong to them."

Nat blinked. Synth brat? He could hear the bite of resentment in TJ's words, and instantly felt bad for asking the question. It was, after all, quite a personal matter, and obviously a sensitive subject. Well of course it's a sensitive subject, he silently berated himself. What did you expect? It seemed TJ (and probably everyone else) was here no more voluntarily than he and Shin were.

TJ then gestured to his outfit and looked him up and down, causing Nat to wrap his arms around his frame self-consciously.

"So, when did you decide on all this? You're clearly devoted to your style -oh, and big fan of the chains, by the way."

That's sarcasm, isn't it? Nat thought miserably. He knew his style was unconventional, but it was a way for him to express his feelings and it made him feel better so, when people criticized it, it felt like they were criticizing him- it wasn't a nice feeling.

"I've been dressing like this for a couple years now. And you don't need to make fun, you know? Everyone expresses who they are through clothing, and you also shouldn't judge people on their appearance."

A sullen and slightly hurt note had crept into his voice. It wasn't the first time this sort of thing had happened to him but, since the conversation had started out surprisingly well and he thought they were getting along, the words and attitude cut more than they otherwise would've.

I suppose that's what I get for getting my hopes up, he thought. Then Maybe it's because I asked him why he's here?, followed by I hope this thing starts soon.

He kept his arms crossed over his chest and let his gaze wander over the room, watching for TJ's reaction out of the corner of his eye.

OOC: Bahaha, I am loving these crossed signals >]

Last edited:
Meanwhile, in Beijing....
Interactions: Shin ( Ayama Ayama )
Want me to love you in moderation / Do I look moderate to you?

It was raining harder than ever when Devin left the teahouse, and combined with the lateness of the hour the streets of Old Town were emptier than he’d ever seen them. He lingered a moment under the awning by the red lacquered door to light a cigarette and plot his next move.

He didn’t know for sure where Synth was based out of, or even if it had government affiliations, but it acted like an American organization. Who else would be so fucking brazen? And if he was a secret evil organization wouldn’t some spot of nowhere in the middle of the American west be a great place to hide a bunch of superpowered stolen babies? Maybe Nevada? Wyoming? Shit, maybe even Alaska. It was only a hunch, but a plausible one.

He just needed a base to prove it.

Devin exhaled smoke and stepped out into the rain, winding through the empty narrow streets until Old Town turned into Downtown, as sleek and sci-fi a city as you could want. He waited until he was back in his hotel to reach out to Shin, under the layers of encryption and subterfuge the younger man had taught him.

[they put you to work yet, dummy?]

48901040563_b3a2302a6e_m.jpg
Shin Evans

Brother - Ladies' Man - Outlaw

"Lock up your jewels and your gems and your treasures, because none of them will be safe from the Spectre."

--
With: [No one yet]
Mood: [Restless]
Shin was starting to get bored. It had been ten minutes since the indicated time, and still nothing was happening. No tour group of kids coming to visit the Instructional Unit and be explained its functioning and layout (as well as meet any instructors who weren't currently teaching). No messages or announcements telling him to head to a specific room. Just sitting in the lobby, with nothing but his watch for company.

Speaking of which, the object in question vibrated discreetly on his wrist. A small diamond icon appeared on the screen, and Shin grinned. The diamond was the icon he had chosen for Devin, because it reflected his sparkling personality and avowed love for jewelry theft. He'd managed to install the phantom program into the watch shortly after being given it, and used it to keep in touch on a regular basis.

It had been a few days since Devin's last message and, whenever he didn't hear from him, Shin worried that he'd gotten caught or killed, or that he was working on some stupid plan that involved breaking him and Nat out of Synth custody, the result of which would inevitably be his getting captured and locked up in here with them.

Shin pressed a button on the side of the watch to make the message appear.

They put you to work yet, dummy? Shin's grin widened and he pressed another button to make the watch's V-Board appear. With practiced, one-handed dexterity, he quickly typed in and sent off his reply.

Not yet. Right now, they've got me waiting for the last group of kids to go through orientation (at least this time it's not snot-nosed brats). I hope the girls are cute, otherwise the rest of the Synth perks really don't make this thing worth it. What about you, dummy? I hope you're staying out of trouble and up to no good?

Shin watched his screen for a moment more, before making his friend's message vanish and sitting back in the chair again, staring languidly at the time.

This thing had better start soon, or I'm going to have to hack the building's alarm system and set it off just to alleviate the boredom, he thought, hoping he would at least get to see Nat when the time came.

OOC: Poor shin is so bored haha ;P

Last edited:

Devin had chosen a hotel for an out of country luxury clientele, and was glad about it when he snuggled under several layers of soft blankets, still holding his phone, while he waited for Shin’s answer.

Not yet. Right now, they've got me waiting for the last group of kids to go through orientation (at least this time it's not snot-nosed brats). I hope the girls are cute, otherwise the rest of the Synth perks really don't make this thing worth it. What about you, dummy? I hope you're staying out of trouble and up to no good?

Devin exhaled a little as Shin’s reply came through. He could never suppress the suspicion that Synth would decide to do worse to Shin, and that the last time he talked to him would be the last. And then he read the message and rolled his eyes.

glad to see you’ve still got more libido than sense. focus

He paused and rubbed his nose before adding, i’m always up to no good. in beijing atm, doing reparations on behalf of france which was true, but France would not see it that way. flying back to LA tomorrow tho. can’t wait to get a fuckin borger. you guys still okayish?

Will you help me get you out, or do I still have to do it the hard way?

Last edited:

Shin Evans

"Lock up your jewels and your gems and your treasures, because none of them will be safe from the Spectre."
--

Mood: [Boooooored]

Shin was staring up at the ceiling, mentally picturing the layers of walls and armed guards and natural obstacles he would have to face if he ever tried to get him and Nathaniel out of there. He had to hand it to Synth- when it came to locking up a bunch of superpowered individuals in a remote facility away from the world, they knew their stuff.

He was distracted from his maudlin thoughts by another vibration on his wrist. He checked the watch face and, sure enough, there was the diamond icon indicating Devin's reply. With a smile, he pressed the button that made the message appear on screen.

Glad to see you’ve still got more libido than sense- focus. Shin rolled his eyes- Devin was a cool guy most of the time, but he'd gotten pretty uptight since he and Nat had been captured. If he couldn't get a little fun out of this nonsense, what was the point?

I’m always up to no good. In Beijing atm, doing reparations on behalf of France. Shin laughed. Reparations, my ass, he thought.

Flying back to LA tomorrow tho- can’t wait to get a fuckin' borger. You guys still okayish? Shin rolled his eyes. Worrywart.

We're fine, dummy, he replied, typing fast. Nat's nervous but excited about meeting the other kids, and I'm mostly just bored out of my mind right now. Stop worrying so much- girls don't like frown lines, you know? You'll ruin your pretty face.

OOC: I do kind of hope the Synth compound is in Alaska :3

Last edited:
TJ Ostrow
"I've been dressing like this for a couple years now. And you don't need to make fun, you know? Everyone expresses who they are through clothing, and you also shouldn't judge people on their appearance."
What? What! TJ barely stopped himself from physically rearing back. He'd been nice. He was absolutely sure he'd been nice. No matter how stressed out TJ was, he was confident his skills wouldn't disappear that easily... Or would they? No. Whatever was going wrong in this conversation, it was going wrong because of Nat. TJ just had to take solace in that fact while he tried to determine if deciphering this kid's scheme was even worth the effort. 'A teacher. His brother is a teacher.' He reminded himself. But still, even if he tried, something was seriously off about this kid.
TJ was being swept along so effortlessly it was aggravating. Sure, maybe his targets were normally older than him, but the rules of deception couldn't change this drastically over a difference of a few years. So why hadn't Nat just accepted the compliment for what it was? Why had he decided to make a stink about it? TJ knew there was no reason for the two to be polite if they each didn't see some sort of gain in it. Had he just not offered enough to appeal to the kid? Was that why Nat had suddenly thrown whatever conversation they were having into the trash?
Well, fine. TJ wasn't going to grovel, and if this kid had a problem with him he wasn't going to stick around. 'But... a teacher.' TJ wanted to uppercut the thought from his mind as soon as it entered, but his self-preservation wouldn't allow it. Ok, he wouldn't walk away from the situation, but there was no way in hell he was going to apologize for some imagined slight.
"Look, Nat, I wasn't trying to insult you. I thought I was giving you a compliment." And then, because TJ's self control had already been pushed to the brink this week, "Lesson learned, I guess."
TJ wanted to wince at that. He had been trying to keep his words neutral and he would have succeeded if not for the snark at the end. He cursed Synth again for putting him in this situation. For not only forcing him to stay here, but for forcing him to resort to 'friends' to find a way out. He eyes darted to the door and the guards on either side. He could just make a run for it... No, that plan hadn't worked in places much less secure than this camp. Instead, he turned his eyes back to Nat, waiting to see how the boy would counter his words.

Nathaniel Evans

--
Mood: [Mortified]
Nat noticed that it took TJ a while to answer, like he was processing Nat's word's and figuring out what to reply in turn. It seemed to Nat like the boy was undergoing some sort of internal struggle, and he wrapped his arms a little more tightly around himself, as if to ward off whatever unpleasantness was sure to be coming his way.

"Look, Nat, I wasn't trying to insult you. I thought I was giving you a compliment."

Nat blinked. A compliment? Had he completely misunderstood? The beginnings of panic started to bubble up in his stomach- TJ's tone seemed resentful.

"Lesson learned, I guess."

There was no mistaking the bite in those words, and Nat felt his insides drop like a stone. He'd finally managed to have a good conversation with a cool person, and he'd messed it up. He noticed TJ's eyes dart sideways and then return to his face- Nat could see that he was clearly aggravated. Unable to hold back his emotions, he tried to at least stop himself from trembling and breaking into tears, with moderate success.

"I- I'm so sorry for misunderstanding," he faltered, determined to hold TJ's gaze and not look away while he said this, hoping that he would see and believe the sincerity of his apology if he did. "People u-usually make fun of me when they say things like that, and I thought..." he trailed off, not sure where to go from here. "I'm sorry," he mumbled again, finally breaking eye-contact and looking down at his shoes.

OOC: Awww, poor Nat ;P

Last edited:
TJ Ostrow
Just as TJ was getting ready to declare the conversation lost, Nat did the one thing that threw TJ off the most: He apologized.
"I- I'm so sorry for misunderstanding,"
He looked so genuine, but if he was apologizing, why had he confronted TJ in the first place? What had he gained from berating TJ? Had TJ somehow lost their battle of wills? If Nat was apologizing, it meant he was secure enough in his position to show weakness. TJ studied Nat's eyes, the other boy not breaking eye contact to even blink. TJ didn't know what he was searching for anymore, but he couldn't find anything, and that puzzled him even more. Emotions in the eyes were hard to fake and TJ couldn't see anything other than regret in the boy's eyes.
"People u-usually make fun of me when they say things like that, and I thought... I'm sorry,"
As soon as he stopped talking, Nat looked away. TJ didn't know if he was grateful for the break in eye contact or not. It deprived him of the boy's eyes as a resource, but at the same time it allow TJ to finally study Nat's body language. He was pulled in on himself, his own arms wrapped around his body as if they could protect him from the world, and a faint trembling befalling his extremities. Looking at him now, TJ would never have doubted the boy's sincerity if not for his earlier actions. Well, if Nat wanted TJ to trust his apology, TJ would act like he did.
He exhaled, trying to physically purge the stress from his body. He calmed himself and forced his posture to relax again. Whatever this was apparently wasn't going as bad as TJ had believed -that or Nat was mocking him- and so he would keep up the charade. "It's ok, Nat," No it wasn't, but saying that would have undoubtedly ended their interaction. "I didn't mean to snap at you." At least that part was true.
TJ allowed a short lull in the conversation, a moment for each of them to organize their thought, before he was determined to restart the conversation. He almost wanted to return to his earlier question and see how Nat would react if asked again, but he decided to steer clear, for now. "Do you..." What? Have family outside your brother? That was a landmine just waiting to be triggered. Have a power? No, that was in the same boat. Know any martial arts? TJ wanted to groan. Why did it have to be so hard to think of a simple question? Finally, "What do you like to do? For fun, I mean." TJ almost smacked himself. That was such a stupid, inane question to ask. They were in Synth custody and TJ had asked for the kid's hobbies. Well, it was too late to retract the question now.

Nathaniel Evans

--
Mood: [Embarrassed]
Nat watched as TJ let out a breath. It seemed like he was trying to calm down and get rid of his frustration, and Nat berated himself again for causing it. His posture relaxed somewhat, and he appeared to have decided not to break off the conversation just yet. Nat almost couldn't believe it- he stared at TJ, wide-eyed.

"It's ok, Nat. I didn't mean to snap at you."

Nat blinked furiously as TJ looked away again and a short moment passed. He couldn't believe TJ had apologized- he now felt that much more foolish for his behavior, but also that much more incredibly lucky that the conversation, somehow, seemed like it might still continue.

"Do you..." TJ began, then paused, seeming to search for what he was going to say.

"What do you like to do? For fun, I mean," he finished.

"Oh, w-well I really like to read stories, like books and comic books, and my brother got me into movies and videogames." Predictably, a smile lit up his face at this last part. But then he thought about what he'd just said.

Movies, books and games? Everyone likes those. He's going to think I'm so uninteresting... Nat silently berated himself. Trying to gloss this over, he quickly followed up with

"And what about you, TJ? What do y-you like to do?" He stumbled over the question a little, but was bravely determined to continue carrying on the conversation for as long as he could.

OOC: There's that brother complex again xD

Last edited:
Blair Singer - Combat Instructor - Location: AU Lobby - Tags: Pretty much everyone ( BoltBeam BoltBeam )
---

Blair trudged along through the summer heat, ignoring the dust clouds that formed with every footstep. The concrete building loomed before her, cold and featureless, save for the glass walls and windows here and there (which were already amassing a collection of dusty fingerprints).
She gave a quick nod to one of the guards at the door and headed inside, waiting only a few moments for Avalon to catch up. Blair scanned the group quickly as she made her way to the center of the room. Scaredy cat, awkward goth, the trouble one, the animal girl, vampire kid, and the more troublesome one. She more or less remembered their names, but it was easier to keep track of them by the other information in their files.
She cleared her throat, not caring if the kids were listening yet or not. "Welcome to Camp Lycan," She said rather loudly, her gaze skipping across the room as she waited for their attention.

• Kuri Avalon (Therapist)
    She gave a quick nod to one of the guards at the door and headed inside, waiting only a few moments for Avalon to catch up. Blair scanned the group quickly as she made her way to the center of the room. Scaredy cat, awkward goth, the trouble one, the animal girl, vampire kid, and the more troublesome one. She more or less remembered their names, but it was easier to keep track of them by the other information in their files.
    She cleared her throat, not caring if the kids were listening yet or not. "Welcome to Camp Lycan," She said rather loudly, her gaze skipping across the room as she waited for their attention.
    Avalon would naturally catch up as best she could, though doing so wasn't half bad - and thankfully, it seemed like everyone they needed to see was already here. Whether their attention is gathered immediately or not, Avalon would sigh as she looked among them all; reading about them was something, but now able to lay her eyes upon every single one of them, knowing what needs to be done, is a little unnerving. She stood there and waited, though did not feel afraid to show herself for the moment, just staring down at everyone first and foremost; for better or worse.
    Details
    Status (mentally/emotionally): Fine
    Course of action: The orientation
    Interactions: BittyBobcat BittyBobcat (Blair)
    Mentions: Everyone
    Nearby: Everyone

Sometimes Shin made Devin feel old. This was one of them.

We're fine, dummy. Nat's nervous but excited about meeting the other kids, and I'm mostly just bored out of my mind right now. Stop worrying so much- girls don't like frown lines, you know? You'll ruin your pretty face.

One of us has to worry. I’ve elected myself. He wanted to say something about Nat, who was too sweet and too trusting and who was sure to get his soft heart shattered into a million pieces before long, but he knew Shin wouldn’t want to hear it. He wanted to say that if Shin had worried a little more, he and Nat probably wouldn’t have been in so much shit. But that was a cheap shot, and mean to boot, so he tried to shove it away entirely. Besides, glass houses and stones and all.

Instead he said, And my pretty face can handle a few frown lines. It’ll make me look distinguished and shit. Smart boys love that.

Shin Evans

--
Mood: [Concerned]
The watch vibrated again. Now it was starting to make Shin nervous. If Devin was messaging this much, something was definitely up. He pressed the button to trade the diamond icon for text, frowning as he read.

One of us has to worry. I’ve elected myself.

Shin scowled. No, you don't, dummy, he thought, getting more and more concerned about his friend's intentions. The last time they'd spoken, Devin had reassured him that he had no intention of doing anything foolish, but now... Now Shin was the one getting worried.

And my pretty face can handle a few frown lines. It’ll make me look distinguished and shit. Smart boys love that.

Shin laughed out loud at that one- it was so typical. On the one hand, having his best friend be gay made him basically the ideal wingman, because it meant that they would never go for the same mark. On the other hand, it had always made Shin a little sad that he didn't have a partner-in-crime to pick up girls with. He'd tried talking to Nat about it a couple times but, especially lately, he was kind of getting the impression he was barking up the wrong tree. He started typing his response.

Well you're doing it wrong, so stop it or I'll call for you to be impeached as Worrier Supreme. Besides, I keep telling you- we're fine. On to more serious matters though- what do I do if the girls aren't cute? D:

OOC: Shin is incorrigible xD

Last edited:

Devin rolled his eyes at Shin's response. He decided to ignore the impeachment comment, though he muttered, "This is an anxiety dictatorship, baby," to himself. Instead, he decided to sign off and reply to the last comment only. He didn't really want to, but it was probably the smarter bet.

i know, i know. tell nat i miss him. and if the girls aren't cute, you might have to go the naval route. q:

Devin smirked at his phone and then set it aside for the night. He had to be up long to catch a plane, but a little sleep was better than none.

With: No One
Mood: Pensive
🐝 Vespa 🐝
Vespa was all by herself. At least when it came to people.
That was okay, she was use to it. Not visible to others, she was full of various types of insects. Moving around under her exoskeleton. She was considered a freak to most and an asset to those of Synth. Such was why she was there.
She remembered several years ago. Her powers formed as merely being able to control insects. She easily kept it secret and most uses would be passed off as her having an affinity with small animals. But over the years, it became harder and harder to hide her powers. Her skin grew smooth and tough. Her eyes became pure red. Another pair of arms grew from under the other two. All until she looked like some sort of cross between a bee and a human.
Yet, it did not slow her down. With it, she grew closer to her arthropod friends, which now lived within her. A walking beehive to put in very simple terms.
As for whether or not she was cute... Well that was a matter of personal preference. Perhaps if you were a guy who likes his girls to have their skeleton on the outside.

Last edited:
Cornelious would contemplate for a few more moments as to where the hell he actually was. But it wasn't long till the door he had been so curiously staring at for the past minute or two opened. A little startled by the sudden movement he barely registered the words this lady had said out loud.

"Welcome to Camp Lycan,” followed by Ashu with

"I'm sorry what?” Cornelious felt the same way and wanted answers.

“This is a camp? Feels more of like a prison to me,” the vampire spoke, perhaps out of turn, as if the words came out of his mouth before he could think on whether or not it was smart to do so.

Cornelious sunk a little bit in his chair evident by the slow squeak sound. Ever so slightly tugging on the cape tighter around himself. He stayed silent now wondering where this camp was located.

TJ Ostrow
Nat was beaming again, and that expression alone was enough to baffle TJ. What in the kid's words had caused him to smile so much? Was the thought alone of his hobbies enough to make Nat look like an excited puppy?
"And what about you, TJ? What do y-you like to do?"
TJ considered his own hobbies. He hadn't engaged in many activities over the last few years, his induction into Synth's custody basically closing the door on any sort of normal life. He thought back to Nat's look of delight, now more muted, and wondered what, if anything, would produce a smile like that on his own face. For the last 18 months, that list was small -almost nonexistent- but it hadn't always been. That wasn't the question though, and so TJ thought about what he still enjoyed. "I like to train, and..." TJ thought carefully about what he said next. He still wasn't sure how much information to give the boy in front of him, but every deception had truth in its roots. "I guess I like to wander. Just, you know, explore."
It wasn't something he'd been allowed to do in Synth custody, everyone in charge of him more worried about knowing exactly where he was and when, rather than just allowing him to be. It was stifling -would have been even being a prisoner.
"Welcome to Camp Lycan," Two women entered and TJ shook himself mentally. He'd pushed thoughts like that away months ago, and he wasn't about to let them sink their claws into him again.
"Oh, great," TJ muttered, not bothering to hide the sarcasm in his tone. At the same time, two others chimed in with their own exclamations. TJ almost laughed at the prison comment, his eyes going to its speaker; the 'threat' as TJ had now labeled him. Well, maybe he'd have more in common with Threat than he'd originally thought. He then scanned the rest of the room, looking for any odd reactions, before returning his eyes to Nat. The boy had definitely deflated over the last half of their conversation, and even though it was picking back up again, TJ wanted to give to give it a boost. He gave the boy a reassuring smile, trying to prove that he wasn't still annoyed about the comments -even if he really was.

Nathaniel Evans

--
Mood: [Nervous again]
Nat watched as TJ seemed to consider his answer.

"I like to train, and..." He stopped for a moment, seeming to debate what to say next.

"I guess I like to wander. Just, you know, explore."

Nat nodded at that. It made perfect sense- from what he could tell of TJ's physique, he was clearly in excellent physical condition, and his tan skin told Nat he enjoyed spending time outdoors. It made him feel pretty inadequate, thinking of his own thin frame, general lack of agility and strength, and pale skin. He dug his fingers into his arms slightly, wondering if TJ thought him lame for staying indoors and reading books instead of going outside and... training. Nat assumed he was referring to martial arts, but it could have been any kind of sport.

Nat was then momentarily distracted from the conversation as two women walked in and joined them. One was of average height, with brown hair, and wearing clothes Nathaniel could see as appropriate for physical training (probably like the kind TJ did). The other was a little shorter, with orange-colored hair and wearing a white coat over her clothes, like a doctor. Clearly, they were here to begin the orientation.

The first woman walked up, cleared her throat, and called loudly "Welcome to Camp Lycan," surveying the room with the air of one accustomed to having people listen when they talked. The other simply looked at them all, not saying anything.

This pronouncement was immediately followed by comments from the tall, dark-haired girl and the guy in the scary mask. Nathaniel chuckled in response, but tried to be discreet about it.

"Oh, great," TJ muttered under his breath. Nat laughed again; he couldn't help it- these guys were all so cool. He watched as TJ's gaze swept the rest of the room before returning to him. He gave a warm, reassuring smile and Nat felt that swoop in his stomach again. He wanted to smile back, but was too mesmerized. Besides, orientation was starting, so he should probably be silent.

OOC: Nat's such a good kid compared to the others xD

Last edited:

Shin Evans

--
Mood: [So bored]
Another buzz, another press of the button.

i know, i know. tell nat i miss him. and if the girls aren't cute, you might have to go the naval route. q:

This was part of an ongoing, good-natured argument between the two of them, whereby Shin tried to convince Devin to go after girls, and Devin in turn tried to convince Shin to go after guys. Shin's platform mainly revolved around his appreciation of girls, so he usually went with things like "They're cute!" or "They're sexy!" or "They're sweet!" Devin's point usually came up whenever Shin would start to complain ("It's so hard to find a girl...", "Women are so much trouble..."). He would then respond with the ease and practicality that came with going for guys instead. Neither of them ever got particularly far along in convincing the other, but they kept trying nonetheless.

Shin rolled his eyes and pulled up the V-Board to type out his response.

You know I'm not that desperate but, if any of them are your type, I'll be sure to send them your way ;P

... if there's a way out of here, he thought, but did not send. He'd made a deal with Synth- he needed to see this thing through.

... Although, it didn't seem like they were all that worried about him at the moment. Maybe, as long they were ignoring him, he should take advantage and find ways to keep himself entertained. After all, they knew what he was like. If they didn't keep an eye on him, Shin reasoned that they had only themselves to blame for the inevitable outcome.

OOC: If he doesn't get some interaction soon he's gonna start causing trouble xD

Last edited:
Blair Singer ~ Combat Instructor ~ Location: IU (sorry about the mix up everyone, the orientation is currently located in the IU lobby, as both the AU and IU have lobbies) ~ Tags: Pretty much everyone
---

"I'm sorry, what?" "This is a camp? Feels more like a prison to me."
Blair released a gusty breath from her nose. "I said, welcome to Camp Lycan." She said, glaring at the speaker of the first comment. "And," Blair turned her gaze to the young vampire, "Regardless of how you feel it is, that is it's name. Frankly, it's the better of the two options." Shooting another sweeping glance across the room, she pointedly added, "The former has been considered for each and every one of you."
"In fact, if you so desperately wish to choose prison, then you can speak up right now and many of our staff members will be happy to accommodate you."
She waved her hand dismissively, "But of course, if you would prefer to stay somewhere offering an education, open training grounds, and at least marginally better food, then it'll probably be easier sticking here."
Blair paused, leaving an open silence for anyone to speak up (not that she really expected them to).
---
*OOC note: I'm not entirely sure where the post about Ashu questioning whatever is going on is? I see it referenced multiple times, so I'll just assume I'm either missing it because I can't read properly or it's missing on my screen*

• Kuri Avalon (Therapist)
    "I'm sorry what."
    "This is a camp? Feels more of like a prison to me."
    "I said, welcome to Camp Lycan."

"Regardless of how you feel it is, that is it's name. Frankly, it's the better of the two options."
    Shooting another sweeping glance across the room, she pointedly added, "The former has been considered for each and every one of you."

"In fact, if you so desperately wish to choose prison, then you can speak up right now and many of our staff members will be happy to accommodate you."
    She waved her hand dismissively, "But of course, if you would prefer to stay somewhere offering an education, open training grounds, and at least marginally better food, then it'll probably be easier sticking here."
    Avalon sighed and shook her head - not in disappointment with the reactions, if anything she feels they are justified, but how casually they just tossed them out before anything else. Avalon cleared her throat a little, as if she was about to speak up - and guess what, you'd be right; she was. She managed to uphold a smile before speaking up to everyone. "Please, just... just listen to what we're trying to get across to you. We can handle your individual enquiries later." She began, speaking up in a soft tone as her expression yet ceased to change while the sound of her words practically swam through the air to everyone else's ears. It was a soft tone if it wasn't an assuring one, but she wasn't quite done just yet however - regardless of the effect her speaking up and trying to assure everyone did, the best thing to do would probably be to explain what's going on. "All we are here to do at the moment is formally welcome you to this place, and make it so you're aware of 'why' you're here in conjunction to what may or may not be going on within these walls. I apologise if you're all not fond of this place already, but all 'I' ask, on behalf of the other staff members, is your attention and cooperation." She said in the same tone, sighing deeply after speaking her mind and a sweeter smile was present after relieving herself of it.
    Details
    Status (mentally/emotionally): Happy
    Course of action: The orientation
    Interactions: Everyone
    Mentions: None
    Nearby: Everyone

Last edited:
BittyBobcat BittyBobcat
Lycan? What an interesting choice. She didn’t see many wolves around here though so she was curious how it got its name. Just a few minutes here and her mind was already wandering. If everyone was like her, would it be called Camp Apis?

Getting her mind back on track, she pondered on what to say. Why would someone like her deserve prison? Just because of who and what she was. She had no intention on using her powers for unsavory decisions. Maybe send a bee after someone who was being rude. Vespa had already been called a freak of nature after her transformation, so she wasn’t going to let the whole prison comment get her down any time soon.

She was a tiny girl, so she had a quiet voice, raising one of her four hands, she spoke up, “What food will be there if we have a special diet?” She said, speaking the first question that popped into her head. She was eating for a whole hive under her skin, she had to accommodate for them all sometimes.

Nathaniel Evans

--
With: [TJ+others]
Mood: [Curious]
The brown-haired woman's response to the various comments was swift and sharp. She let out a frustrated breath and full-on glared at the offenders, proceeding to sweep her gaze across all of them. At the mention of 'each and every one of you', Nathaniel winced, not wanting to be reminded of it or for the fact to be advertised. Then he blinked.

'Every one of us'? So we're all...? he thought in surprise as she proceeded to threaten them with incarceration. Nat shrugged internally. Been there, done that, he thought, in a rare resemblance to Shin.

The woman paused to let them respond but, surprisingly, it was now the orange-haired woman who spoke up. She had a pleasant and conciliatory tone, and was evidently trying to appease them. Nat wondered if the two were playing 'good cop, bad cop'. When she stopped and smiled at them, Nat felt an instinctive desire to smile back. A desire clearly not shared by the dark-haired girl, who put her arms back behind her head and yawned ostentatiously. He was distracted from wondering what her deal was by the sound of a tiny, new voice.

He turned to see the strangest person yet (including the scary guy in the mask) raising her hand and asking a question. She had red, insect-like eyes, two pairs of hands, and what appeared to be an exoskeleton. She was also quite small, and Nat wondered how she could have gotten there without anyone noticing.

Perhaps she can turn herself into a bug, he thought, intrigued.

OOC: How's that for a reaction post? ;P

Last edited:
"...I apologise if you're all not fond of this place already, but all 'I' ask, on behalf of the other staff members, is your attention and cooperation."
This made Cornelious tense. But what other option did he have? So he chose to sit silently and wait while glancing at a few of the other “participants” in the room to see if they would revolt or follow. As for him, well he felt like he had asked said enough even if it was just many questions in a consecutive order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back