• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙮 - the consequences of our actions

xayah.

i return stronger than i left

• C
    omedy

directed by xayah. xayah.

superheroes, villains, civilians, metropolitan city, much destruction, many pranks, fights, laughter, menaces to society, character developments, obligatory with great power comes great responsibility, action-packed, fun

honey, where's my super suit !?

project contingency

home.
    plot. roles. rules.

coded by xayah.ღ

EMERGENCY. CODE RUSH. STOP MOVEMENT.

the alert flashes on the screen of every electronic in the area. entire streets stall for just the briefest of moments. cars stop. pedestrians stare into the horizon at what seems like nothing. even nature seems to still. eyes start watering while waiting, and just as you blink for the first time in a long, long time, a child shouts—screams even.

“there!!!”

what can only be described as a blur of seafoam green and magenta dashes through the crowd of cars and people alike. it hops, zigzags, and weaves in and out of the mass of stopped people in, quite literally, the blink of an eye, and you almost missed it!

can you believe it? you saw a superhero. your friends will be so jealous! but the wonder doesn’t last forever. a car alarm starts blaring, reminding everyone of where they are and what seeing a superhero means. cars are at best dented and at worst completely totaled. the concrete has a certain speedster’s footprints imbedded in it, leading to many undesired potholes, and to top it all off, a trail of confetti lies in their wake. that and their iconic copy-pasted, mass produced, business card sized apologies for any damages incurred during their run. how cute—it’s seafoam green and magenta, too. and as the crowd returns to their daily activities, or tries to at least, everyone’s screens flash with a new alert.

EMERGENCY. CODE WINDSPEAKER. SEEK SHELTER.

oh, great. here we go again.

-------
hello and thanks for checking project contingency out!

this roleplay was heavily inspired by the boyz, invincible, young justice, and justice league unlimited. i grew up on the last two and really enjoyed the subversion of the first two when it came to the superhero premise. we all would love to have powers and save the world, but does anyone think of what it's like living in a world of supers when you're powerless?

well, this roleplay is here to answer that! sorta. set in the nice metropolitan city of emerdol in an alternate universe on earth where a small portion of the population has very recently started being born with superpowers, this roleplay is meant to be light-hearted, but it will go into some dark territory such as civilian casualties, debilitating injuries, trauma, etc because that's ultimately the reality of being in the midst of superpowered people, so the subgenre will be dark comedy. none of our characters will be safe from injury or accountability. if you're not comfortable with roleplaying heavier issues, this might not be the roleplay for you. sorry!

to those of you who are in, however, buckle up for a roleplay where no one understands the power they wield and how to use it responsibly. there'll be a lot of silly antics from the villains, heroes, and civilians alike, and i hope you all enjoy! character development as well, of course. lots of character development. if you have any questions, PLEASE let me know! i'm more than happy and willing to answer anything whether it be regarding the lore, plot, anything really. now scroll on to the roles to see what you'd like!

The Five. 4/5 open - The Five are Emerdol's most famous heroes. You might've seen them around. They do show up on every ad, every board, and every channel on TV in the area after all. Are they the most powerful of all the superheroes around? Not necessarily, but they have the star power and the masses love them, and that's just what their agency—Lacrimura—needs and wants. Every superhero wants to be one of them. Not many make the cut. And those who do are fiercely protective of it. So much so that it might not be so much about the heroing anymore and more about being THE super.

The Wannabes. - The Wannabes. They go by many names: your friendly neighborhood heroes, the sidekicks, the dreamers—there's a lot, but despite all that, one thing is the same no matter what you call them. They're the new generation. The kids who grew up seeing the Five on the front page of every news outlet and story. They formed their own hero groups when they came of age and even became a bit infamous in their respective suburbs. They might be happy where they are, but everyone knows you're a total zero unless you're one of the Five. They know that, too.

The Villains. - The Villains are more than just the average petty criminal. They're real threats. Ones that don't care if they're superpowered or not. They find ways to make their will a reality no matter what. It's not quite sure why they do what they do, but in a way, they're just as famous as the Five, if not more. After all, every good hero needs a great villain. Even if the villain isn't half as gifted at destroying things as their heroic counterpart is.

The Underlings. - The Underlings are a villain's best friend. Well, no, villains aren't exactly the type to have friends, but underlings are the closest thing to it. They keep the evil criminal operations running, smoothly I might add, and receive none of the recognition for it. To some, there's nothing wrong with that. They get paid, even compensated for the occasional superhero beatdown, but for others... if you're going to get beat up, wouldn't it be better if it were for your plans, not someone else's?

The Gears. - The Gears keep Lacrimura in business. They manage the Five, schedule their activities, are the first to send reporters into the middle of battle, and work hard to make superheroes the one and only focus of the public. They're always on the lookout for a rising star, one who could be a great addition to the Five, and do anything to keep their heroes in the limelight. They're nothing special—powerless like the majority of the world—but they know more about Earth's greatest heroes than anyone else, even more than the heroes themselves, and some of those secrets are things that should never come to light.

The Civilians. - The Civilians are just that: civilians. They love the heroes, and they hate them just as much. For every hero that stops a robot raging through downtown Emerdol, that's at least twenty civilian homes that have a human-sized hole in the walls because some hero chose to go through their home as a shortcut instead of around. It's hard not to hate your saviors, especially when you're merely a hero's flight path away from living in squalor, but the wonder of being amongst living gods keeps civilians in line. After all, it's not like you can make a group to fight back or do anything about them... right?[/SPOILERS]

1. all rpn rules apply, of course! also please be 18+! some of the things in this roleplay are things i wouldn't be comfortable roleplaying with anyone younger! it'll be a dark comedy, after all.
2. this is not first-come first-serve. i'll be going off quality of applications, not quantity, but i do expect adv. literate writing! that means about two to three paragraphs every post. everyone is welcome to create two characters once the character sheet is up with a third spot becoming available if you are accepted!
3. discord is required! it's a great means for ooc chat, plotting, etc, and i think it's pretty simple to use.
4. realistic faceclaims only please. descriptions are fine, but no art, even if it's realistic, will be accepted.
5. i'm hoping this doesn't need to be said, but no arguing or ooc drama or any kind will be allowed. this includes bigotry and racism. characters will be killed off if this occurs.
6. post frequency is once every week and a half or 11 days! this is not a hard deadline, but highly, highly encouraged. i understand real life comes first, so if you need a break for a little bit, just let me know! i swear i'm nice and i'll understand. it just lets others and i keep the roleplay moving without waiting up on you.

Last edited:
ahaha let me innnn please

i'm going to make the deadline June 12th, 12AM Pacific Time ! If you think you need an extension, please let me know! can't wait to see the finished products everyone. until then, continue to feel free to join!

i'm going to make the deadline June 12th, 12AM Pacific Time ! If you think you need an extension, please let me know! can't wait to see the finished products everyone. until then, continue to feel free to join!
I’d love to be in this are there any more spots available for the five?

def interested! my eyesight is a lil poor though - does the purple highlight indicate that the roles are all open for applications?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back