• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Professional Wrestling RP

Which story would you perfer?

• Generic Anime setting

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Clean slate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alt timeline

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fendisteel

Hello RPN...i would like to present my first idea for a RP to you all...

WWE has been a huge thing to me, it was fun and exciting and as i got older i realized how fucking brilliant it is...Wrestling is simply a simple plot put into a over the top setting..its stunning how well they manage to make it work..

But what im here for is not some scripted RP where every move by players is pre made....no, the RP will be about non scripted wrestling

Another twist is that it keeps the wacky gimmicks..But they are are also real....What i mean is, say you are a witch doctor in the ring..you dress like one, talk like one....But outside of the ring? You are a actual Witch doctor!

And this is not like some MMA shit...Jumping from the top rope, body slams though a table, steel chair shots, ladder matches...Wrestling!

Matches would be done by dice....im working on a system, there will be weight classes that effect your rolls and your alignment might give you access to certain abilities during a match..like if you are a Heel you can cheat during a match...or if you are a Face you would have the crowd on your side cheering you back on your feet

But its not just about wrestling...in between matches, Superstars can interact with each other in the locker room, create feuds, alliances, plot your revenge, bitch to the GM (general manager and game master) for a title match against [X} and maybe even become the victim of ambush...anything can happen...Of course, the Gm would have control over certain things to keep things from getting too out of hand...if you want to interrupt a match or ambush someone..you would have to ask the Gm (game master) for permission...so we don't have shit like that happening every match...

Both females and males characters would be allowed, however i want to avoid lop sided roosters where their would be little variety for the males or the females...unless it would be appropriate to merge the two >_>

Now lets go with the story options..yes there are options...i want to see what you all decide...

Generic Anime setting

Long story short...a academy opened up for the strongest and most skilled youth to come and learn how to wrestle like gods...they live on the campus and train everyday and on [X] day they would have a broadcast show to showcase what they learned....There would be title matches and promos...But since this is a school..might not be any PPV type shows or extreme rules matches

Clean slate

Wrestling has never been broadcasted, its a new idea to challenge MMA and boxing...a new show called HATE appears with a cast of battle ready superstars to fight and bleed for the enjoyment of millions, they would have their own show on [X] day with their own title belts and PPV shows....

Alternative timeline

In this timeline, the WWF's rating plummeted when it was confirmed to been scripted in 1991 (Wrestlemania 6 was the last Wrestlemania) the entire time, the WWF went bankrupt and faded from television...However years later a Entrepreneur decided he wanted to revive the wrestling industry, but this time with realistic, non scripted wrestling ...Of course many will say its fake still, but the moves and injuries that some superstars revive on this show have convinced plenty its real.

This sounds ammusing.., I think I will be the guy who showed up thinking that W.W.F. stood for World Wildlife Fund, and I've been trained in extreme anti-poaching and animal control tactics.

This'd be my first Dice RP, so I may need a bit of easing into it. Interested, though. Never been majorly into wrestling, but it's something I watch every now and then for fun on Youtube. Can't be stuffed to catch it on the TV.

I'm not decided on what I'll play. I'll need to think on that.

Wow, I kind of love this idea. I feel like I haven't come across any unique group rps in a while. Totally in.

Playing a heel would be fun. Or maybe just a plain badass like the Undertaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back