• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Private: The Magic in Me

The oxycotin began to take its effect. She rode the magical pain killer dragon many a time, she could feel her body feeling that light numbness. Where your insides feel hard and limp but you were light as a feather and can fly far far away. Closing her eyes for a moment, she wondered if up in the sky and the clouds there was no one that wanted to murder her or no one that wanted to covet her for her special little....talents.

As Max carried her upstairs, her cheeks went slightly red. Either from the medication...or other things. He mentioned the kid hiding the gun. "Oh...oh that would be bad. That would mean it would affect him. He's a child. He's going to kill everyone in the school until he shoots himself. We should find the kid first....then the precint."

"It's more to it than that. There are things called crossroad demons. THey collect souls based off bargains. You make deals. Souls are very powerful. Like...like a shot of heroin of energy...wooosh. I think someone finds whatever they want at the store...and when they make a purchase its like he claims their soul...maybe? I don't know....does the pawn shop owner collect the souls of the victims of the gun too? oooh...that would be bad...that is a lot of souls....Max we'd be screwed..." She said we. She stopped she hunted a lone and shut up the rest of the stairway up into the room.

He was getting the giggle fits. Her good foot tapped his nose. "You're not a freak...more of a goof. A cute goof...but a goof all the same."

Max smiled and felt his face flush as Sam teased him. He pushed her foot away and quickly tickled it, watching her laugh for a second. "First thing we'll do once I finish patching ourselves up tomorrow is find that kid. How hard could it be? We only have to find the only one with an unholy death relic. No pressure at all."

He thought about his current situation at that moment. Here he was, working together with a girl his age, a witch no less, and teaming up with her to hunt down a powerful weapon that could effectively kill uncountable casualties. Max's father was old school. That was who he took after when it came to taking his responsibilities seriously. His mother, however, was who preached that everyone had their own side to a story. She was a writer until she died when Max was still a child, and filled the boy's young mind with fantastic tales of heroes and heroines.

Max knew his mother would be proud. His mind wandered, however. Would his father be? If he had the opportunity, wouldhe take the time to tell his dad all that he had done today? He saved a witches life, or at least he thought he did. And now look at them. High as hell, flirtimg, and trying to come up with a plan to save the world.

Eh. Whaddaya gonna do.

Flirting with a witch. His father would probably bitch slap him and make him watch as he shot a bullet between the witch's eyes. Magic was evil and it needed to be eradicated. End of story. In all his days, and his father's days, there was no such thing as a good witch. He needed to get his head out of his ass and start acting like a man.

But here they were, in an inn run by an old lady, in a town with a major demon. Just a boy. Just a girl. He tickled her foot and she nearly squeeled. She tried to pull away only to wince in pain from moving her damaged foot and her stomach where the stitches were. "No...no pressure. Is it a school day tomorrow? yeah...yeah its a school day tomorrow. Maybe a teeny teeny bit of pressure there." She smirked, tossing a pillow at him. She pulled herself to a sitting position against the bedframe. "I still can't give you the egg...and I think the gun might be too dangerous for Union...I'm sorry Max. But the pawn shop, I can show you all sorts of items there when this is done. That way you're ok when you go back....and maybe they'll forget about the egg.....did you really come find me to help....or do I need to be scared?"

Oxy...literally takes away the filter.

Max started to laugh again as he thought of an idea that sounded just as ridiculous as he ran it past Sam as it did when he thought of it. "Today we were FBI. Tomorrow you should work your magic and print us out some new gake IDs that'll let us be child services people. We'll be able to call lil' Marbles down to the office, release him out of school, and ask away." Sam arched an eyebrow at him. Max tapped the side of his head. "I've got a million of 'em. Plans, that is."

She reminded him why he was even here in the first place. She just flat out told him she couldn't let him walk away with either Black Dawn or the egg. He didn't even entertain the idea of bringing her back either. Max shrugged, wincing as he remembered his own wounds. "Maybe I won't go back." He paused, realizing how crazy that sounded too. Was it the drugs that just made him say that? Max found himself still talking.

"Think about it, would anyone really miss me? Sheamus is the only one that doesn't seem to wanna kick my ass every time he sees me. I could... Open up my own practice or something. Who knows?"

The doubting hunter looked over his companion as those words left her mouth. "I blame you for getting me outta that place. You promised me that I'd be a hero, remember? Too bad you're a liar." He feigned disappointment. "Probably put me under a spell or something."

"Gotta admit though. Whatever... This is... It's much better than dissecting an ugly hell pig."

"I like that idea...but let's skip a step." Sam saw her bag on the ground by the side of the bed. Max was closer to it than she was, leaning over, she let out an oomph of pain but she snatched it u pulling out her bag. Her fingers began to spark small green lights of electricity as she was surfing the web. More like...magically ding it. She had a few active powers. Hypnosis, her technology glitch and control and the ability to create baelfire as a weapon or a protection. The rest were spells she would have to make up on her own.

Her magic touch could find anything online. "Paul had a sister, Mary...she lives next door. If he had a surviving son she'd be there. Fake IDs, I can do that now!" She went to reach for the printer catching his words and stopped. Won't go back. He didn't seem that sad about it. "There are lots of things for you to see. I do stuff like this all the time. It's a lot better than dissecting pigs." She wrinkled her nose and snorted a laugh. "Start your own practice? You'd be practically joining mine, let's be serious."

But he then said he blamed her, promised him being a hero. She frowned but then put a hand on his shoulder. "If we get this gun and get rid of it...you'll be saving a lot of lives Max. That makes you a hero. Look," She rustled through her bag and pulled out a ragged leather bound journal. She flipped through the pages. "When my father found out I was...special....it wasn't the best time. He researched magic and everythign about it. He had all these notes on weapons, demons.....plans that were going on. He kept it all and thought if he knew it was out there he could make a barrier and the best safe house...Crazy....yeah. YOu know all the forces out there you can protect your kid from them....but I mean that stuff is still out there....and people die....so I started tracking it down and trying to fix it." She flipped through the pages and pointed out Xs'. "This right here, the governor hired a demon to cause a natural disaster to help boost his ratings as he showed his leadership. I killed the demon before it could happen. Oh....I haven't found these yet. Dualist guns. Creates perfect aim, but whoever has the partner gun is like their ultimate antgonist. These guns kind of magically push you to eventually finding your rival and killing them. But....I mean it's not the hero hunters talk about....but its better to save people and have the world think you're scary than be showered with gifts? Right?"

Clearly high, she didn't even realize she was showing her father's journal and letting him hold it himself to flip through the pages. Next she was going to admit she was adopted and jsut spill everything. "If it means anything....you saved me out there....that's what heroes do..."

She handed Max her father's journal and he flipped through it. He realized there were more entries than there were X's, and even recognized some of the names. "Hey, I've heard of this one. That coin let's you hear and see things in the room that you placed it in even when you leave. I knew a guy that owned it at one point." He kept flipping through the book, and glanced at Sam. Her father? He shuddered about the kind of guy he imagined him as.

An image flashed in his mind for a split second. A tall gentleman, who appeared to be more skin and bones than anything else. His dress shirt and coat sagged from his body, unable to grab onto him. His hands were behind his back, and his expression was cool and calculating. Before Max could place a name to it, the man was gone. Max shook another headache away, trying very hard not to question it. Out loud, at least.

He couldn't help but smile, even as his head pounded when she called him a hero. "Nah. Well, it does mean a lot to me. For whatever reason, being a hunter kind of came naturally to me, I guess. Back in the bar, when I grabbed your arm, you glanced at me for a split second. I don't look like much, but there is some fight in me. Sheamus told me that's my greatest gift."

"Besides, that's what friends do, right?"

She loved her father, but as Max flipped through the journal she was still having internal dialogues in her head about what he would think of this. All hunters were dangerous and they didn't ask questions, they just wanted you dead. She grew up on that belief since she was introduced to the supernatural world. "They actually have many of those coins. There's this cult of hunters, they bless items or enchant them. Every person in that faction have one...i mean you could have people loot corpses to get them," She giggled at the morbid thought. "I've definitely seen that before. But a lot of that stuff.....super dangerous. I try to eliminate it and if I can't....I drop it off at my dad's."

She lied down, resting her head on his chest looking up at him. "So your greatest gift is looking like a goof...the ultimate disguise." Wrinkling her nose she snorted just slightly. Sam was a snorter when she laughed. Something she hid on her day -to-day activities of being a witch.

"You might need better friends, Cooke would kill you if you said that out loud.

--

Sam was alive. Not just alive, but happy. It meant that they had done their job correctly. They had saved the world. But Sam was happy. She had the father. The father Kai had always wanted. They had done it right, KAI WAS THE HERO.

But at what cost? Little Sam gets the family while Kai got hunted down instead? That wasn't what originally happened. No. No, instead of just saving Sam, everything horrible that ever happened Kai got it instead. If she had known this would be the outcome, she would have shot the little brat in the head when they went back.

Now she was here....perfectly happy. And probably here to take away her snack. That....well that she couldn't have.

Max looked down at Sam, a little surprised at how... comfortable she was getting. He laughed, at her description of his 'gift', and the comment about finding better friends. "For all intents and purposes, you're the only person I could probably even think of calling that. I sure as hell wouldn't want someone like Frank watching my back outside of a mission." He thought about the elder hunter, and furrowed his brow. Where Max was, right now, at this very moment, he kind of relished in it. For the past couple months, he was finding issue after issue with the Union as a whole, finding their methods twisting in the wrong directions, and for the wrong reasons. The fact that he was laying around with a witch made this little adventure of his even more of a taboo.

"Now c'mon." Max started, before he was interrupted by a yawn. "What do you say we get some sleep, huh? We'll pick this up in the morning. School probably won't start for Marbles til' 8:30. Plenty of time to clean and patch ourselves up, look like 'normal' people again."

Before he closed his eyes, he thought about the man he saw in his mind one last time. Something was very wrong. He remembered the mangled girl he saw back at the pawn shop, with the glowing green eyes. "Quick question... And no pressure, of course. But what does your Dad even do with those relics? Does he just set them up behind displays and look at them all day? He's gotta have a day job like... yours, right?"

"You wouldn't want Frank watching you during a mission," she mused closing her eyes. She was already dozing off before Max even suggested it. Eyes going half open as he asked his question. "Dad was a surgeron....but now he doesn't have a job. His entire focus was the supernatural and their artifacts. My house is this biiiiiiiiiiiig dangerous safe house to keep hunters and magical cults out. Actually...he doesn't like what I do at all."

As she fell asleep, she wrapped her arm around him in a hug clonking out completely.

--

The girl with the grey eyes and blue hat looked at her. They were in Duff's bar, the doors behind the bar swung open leading to a staircase that went below.

"We saved you..."

"Stay away from me."

"You destroyed EVERYTHING and we still saved you."

Sam was backing up but the girl with grey eyes appeared behind her. She spun Sam around, holding the collar of her shirt. "You never told me you'd screw me in the end."

"Wait what are-" The girl threw her into the air, Sam fell through the open doors, barrelling down the stairs. There was a massive crack in the ground, fire erupting. It opened as she fell through. Her hands were clawing to hold unto the floor before she-

Sam shot up from the bed struggling to breathe. Just a dream. All of it was just a dream. Or...Sam felt like crying...that girl was communicating with her. If it was the latter...she was screwed.

Her foot was swollen and she knew she needed it bandaged. The pain throbbing like it had its own heart beat. But she grabbed two pillows by her side, "Da mihi in crutches" Sam whispered. The pillows formed into hospital quality crutches.

Leaning them against the bed frame she looked back at Max who was still sleeping. Last night was a bit of a haze but she figured she did embarrassing things. She began nudging his shoulder. "Max...Mas get up.

Max woke up as Sam started nudging him. "Whuzzat?" He pushed himself up, rubbing his neck.

Christ, did we do more than sleep last night? Feels like I was hit by a truck.

He looked at Sam, who somehow had two perfectly fitting crutches. "Did you ransack a hospital?" He got up from the bed, mussing his hair. "And you didn't invite me."

"No, but I ransacked your pillows. Your shoulder's still pretty bad. Do you need me to help stitch you up?"

Sam pulled out her laptop, working away. "But we have to get moving. Social services workers? That's the plan? But please promise me for the love of God work on your acting skills. That demon called us out the minute you opened your mouth. This kid might have a magical gun that doesn't miss its mark."

Max removed his shirt and sat at the small desk that was provided in the room, placing the first aid kit on it. He glanced at his shoulder and bore his teeth. "Nah, I got this. I think?" Wasting no time, he started to clean up his wound, and stitched the wound closed." He could see Sam watching him. Trying to make the scene a little less awkward he answered her quip about his acting.

"Believe it or not, you're not the first person to tell me that." He paused, biting the end of the suture and looked over his handiwork. "It'll go better this time. We actually have something called a plan."

Max took off his shirt, Sam tilting her head as she watched. His shoulder was pretty bad, and for stitching himself up, he was pretty good. But she noticed the leanness on his stomach. Muscles not protuding out like an obnoxious meat head who drank protein shakes to bulk up...but that definitely explained the strength she witnessed the other day.

"See, a good friend would have given me that information before hand," She teased. Not even five minutes, she held out his ID for him. "and hey, we had a perfectly fine plan yesterday. You just choked. Hard core choker," Tongue sticking out.

--

John watched as his Aunt Macey left for work. He felt bad for his aunt. She was very shy and was struggling with what her big brother had done. He did love his aunt, but she wasn't meant to have kids. She jumped seeing her own shadow and cried when you looked at her funny.

Call him crazy....but he could feel that she was scared of him. Crazy. Definitely crazy. You couldn't just feel something about someone. He rolled back to his bed as her car drove off. The Gibson Manor next door had a new guest. He had noticed that too. But he wasn't sure what it meant.

Opening the drawer by his bedside. There was a revolver with a little drawing of a skull on the handle. It was still there. The cops had looked for it after the shooting, But he got a bad feeling that the police officer would do something bad with it...so he kept it.

He took his new ID and pocketed it. He teased her, feigning to grab her tongue when she stuck it put at him. "Never knew you were a tough crowd to please. I'd hate to say it, but maybe this time it'll be easier. Hopefully the kid doesn't know what he's got."

Max tested his shoulder, making sure the wound wouldn't reopen when he moved around. At this point in his hunter life, The young man assumed he would be taking a couple nasty bumps during the job. Everything felt as good as it looked.

For now, at least. "Ready when you are. Do you need any more fixin'?"

Her right leg was bandaged, the sprain still bad but she got her crutches. "I'll be ok. I won't be doing much running after you if we get into any danger, but" Black smoke she poofed infront of the doorway, black smoke filling the room. "I have a feeling I'd still beat you to where we need to go. "

Thick glasses on her head, she clipped her ID badge on. They were ready to go.

--

The doorbell rang. John packed up his bag for school and hesitated. Maybe he could stay home again. Odd things were happening lately. A teacher was lecturing her class about the importance of doing their homework, he made a quip that she should do the homework, see how long it took. He normally wasn't so mean...but considering everything that he witnessed, add the increasing headaches, he got cranky. Oddly enough she did.

Someone cut in the lunch line and when he said to stop it and go back, that classmate did it. It was odd. He was usually invisible...but it was like the world was listening.

People probably really took the whole...orphan thing seriously and felt guilty for him. Pity was something he grew to hate. Maybe he culd just avoid it.

As the doorbell rang he opened it hesitantly to see the young woman at Ms. Gibson's place with a young man. She was wearing glasses...when she didn't need glasses before and crutches. "Hi," she smiled. "Are you John Marbles?"

He took a step back gripping harder into his bag. "I need to go to school."

"Oh, it's ok. I'm Ms. Johanson, I'm part of Social Services. I wanted to speak with your aunt, Macey Marbles but we wanted to check on how you were doing what you-"

"You're not a social worker." He said looking at the two of them. "You left in suits yesterday...now you look like teachers. Who are you? Tell the truth."

Sam was prepared to be convincing. If she had to, she would use her little hypnosis to put him to sleep so they could check the gun. She smiled ready to go along with her story but as soon as she opened her mouth, "Samantha Miller. We think you have Black Dawn and are going to take it before anyone else gets hurt."

Sam instantly covered her mouth looking horrified. How the fuck did he do that?!

Max had been around Sam for a couple years on and off, and he had never seen the expression that was currently written across her face. Horror, shock, embarassment, and an odd mix of spite. He realized the words that John just spoke.. Just happened.

Tell the truth. Like I have a choice at this point.

The hunter brought himself a couple inches shorter to be eye level with the boy. "I'm Max Gardner. Like Sam just said, we're looking for Black Dawn. It's a very powerful weapon that looks like a handgun." He felt Sam place an arm kn his shoulder. "We have no choice. Let's be straight with him. He's lost almost everything already."

"Do you have the gun? It's gonna save a lot of people if you give it to us. We... Know how to handle this stuff pretty well."

She wasn't prepared for that. Not one bit. The boy just stared at them and she tried sensing any magic on him, but she couldn't. He felt like what an ordinary little boy with no abilities felt like. But he....and that.

John Marbles was a straggly little boy. He might be considered the runt of the sixth grade litter at his school. Light brown hair always a mess, he looked at the older man who mentioned the gun. "That gun made my dad go crazy. I'm not giving you the gun."

Max was betting on being straight with the boy and Sam already exposed herself. "John, you don't understand...the longer you hold the gun or are in posssession of it, it puts you in danger too. We are the good guys."

"You two need to go away. Now."

ONe moment she was on her way to talk to him but Sam turned her crutches and started to walk away. What the hell. What the hell was going on?! Why couldn't she stop! She struggled against her own body groaning and twitching but it wasn't until she hobbled to the car where she turned around and was able to move on her own.

The boy in that time, had gone back in his house, and Max and Sam could see him hopping out a back window sprinting off. It seemed like Max was forced to coming to the car as well. "It's like watching myself when I was his age...Jesus..." Realizing she maybe muttered that out loud she gave a sheepish smile to max. "I was his age when my powers came in...but we don't have a lot of time. Wherever he goes, the gun's there and we have to grab it before he loses control and shoots up whatever's there and then himself."

Max didn't even bother yelling after the boy. It would probably do more harm than good anyway. "I'm guessing it's even easier to lose control of your powers when you're that young, too. I give him credit, he's even more cautious than we expected." Max leaned on the car, thinking.

"And now we gotta chase after him before he gets to school. Once he's there, it's gonna be near impossible to get him out." Max lightly kicked one of the tires of the car out of frustration. He looked at Sam. "This may sound crazy, but we can cut the super spy act with this kid. If he's anything like you when you were that age... I'm gonna guess all you wanted from everyone was the truth. It'll go a long way with him. What do you think?"

When she was twelve....

She ran around with a stray cat she found...that turned out to be a demon cat that sucked baby souls....investigated hospitals and abandoned churches where she shouldn't be. Got under the radar of a crazed cult that summoned a monster to kill children in her favor. And the cat was feeding her baby souls....That too....

"I need to see if he has any pets that are cats..." After Max made that comment. Realizing he'd have no idea what she was talking about. "I pulled the spy stuff then too. I wanted to be a super awesome detective at that age...kind of asked for the stuff I got into. But yeah...I demanded the truth. It's not this age you need to worry about. It's when you're going through puberty. I could hypnotize anyone to do what I wanted...and teleport...and manipulate technology. Imagine that when I was on my period the first couple of times. Ok, we'll try the honesty thing....if it doesn't work I can just erase memories."

She really couldn't erase memories. But Max didn't know that. She grabbed his arm and linked with his. "If we have to beat a twelve year old racing to school we can't take the car. You ready?"

He held a finger out when she mentioned erasing memories. "That's a last resort. I don't want us scrambling his brain any more than it already is." He also couldn't help from blushing and looking pasf Sam after she mentioned her period at that age.

He steadied his breath when she grabbed his arm, asking if he was ready for what was coming next. He nodded. Sam muttered a couple sylables, and within seconds, the pair was surrounded in a puff of smoke. Max felt his stomach lurch as they instantly appeared in front of the school. Collecting himself, he coughed for a couple seconds. "How do you get used to that?"

The gun was dangerous. He was right. He knew his Daddy would never do what he did otherwise. But just because the two strangers asking for it. He didn't know who they really were just their names and what they said they wanted it for.

It's not normal, they changed clothes, they had fake identities. The entire thing was dangerous. Like a messed up version of a comic book story.

But he managed to slip past them and catch the bus on time. Out of breath from his sprint, he made it by the skin of his teeth. The sixth grader sat down and tried to catch his breath.

"Marbles, math homework. Did you do it?" Cal Palmer, a big clunky seventh grader stood infront of him. Marbles was a smart kid and was taking some seventh grade classes.

"I'm not doing it anymore."

"You're not doing it anymore." He looked horrified and then laughed. "You're not doing it anymore! It's cute you have a choice. I'll just take yours." He snatched the bag, the young Marbles tried grabbing it.

"Wait you can't! That's my bag!"

Before Marbles could demand it back, he got slugged in the face, the kid going to the back of the bus.

--

Teleporting was as reflexive to her as taking a jog or breath. As Max looked a little green and close to vomiting she just raised a brow. "Because I grew up doing it? Actually the first couple of times was weird. I could never gage my distance correctly....awkward scenerios. Busses there. You're going to have to use your legs here on this one. I might...pull fire alarms to make sure school might get cancelled...for the day."

--

Marbles started to wake up when he heard the other kids leaving the bus. Shooting up he looked around panicked.

Cal was gone.

The dangerous magical gun he stupidly brought in his bag was gone.

The kid sprinted as fast as he could to find his bully before bad things could happen.

Max nodded as he regained his balance. "Right... Use my legs... As soon as I can feel both of them." He felt the awful nag of sounding like a parent come into play when she mentioned about pulling the fire alarm. "Be careful walking around that school. The last thing we need is you spending a night in prison. Not everyone is as nice a roommate as I am." When he was positive he had proper function of his legs, Max ran off to where the busses parked in front of the school. Trying to look as inconspicuous as possible in front of hundreds of kids, he realized how much of a bad idea this was. Part of his mind wished he was fighting hell hounds again. At least a hunter was supposed to be in that kind of situation.

I mean sure, he was on the hunt for a terrifying death gun, which just so happened to be in the hands of a twelve year old boy, but at least people don't get arrested for doing that. Here Max was, trying his best to not be suspicious at a school. Maybe he shouldn't have made that comment to Sam about her being put in cuffs.

He looked around, catching himself listening in on what the kids were talking about. TV, music, drama with friends, homework, it seemed like everything was fair game to talk about. He smiled at the bittersweet fact that he had never been able to experience what they were. It was also a two way street: Max did what he did so they wouldn't have to do what he's been doing since their age. Besides John Marbles, he assumed that none of these kids had held a gun in their life. The hunter owned his first gun when he was thirteen. He fired one when he was nine.

Max was snapped back to reality when the bell rang. Both he and the kids knew that school was going to be starting soon. This also meant that Marbles was effectively going to be MIA to the rest of the outside world. Just as Max thought this, he heard a young voice squeak as he walked by a boy.

"What are you doing here?" Marbles asked, sporting an impressive black eye.

Max smiled again, thanking every luck totem he had ever learned about. "What do you say to skipping school for a day? We have a lot to talk about."

What do you say to skipping school for a day? We have a lot to talk about.

John took up to see the man that had stalked his house this morning. The man had followed him to school. His companion probably not that far behind. John stepped back from him shaking his head. "I don't want to talk to you. Stranger danger."

Before the stranger could come up with anything else, Marbles booked it past him. He needed to find his school bag, he didn't need to be chased down.

--

"You end up getting the math homework from the dweeb?"

He's talking with Matt, the two of them are going to humiliate you. Make you a laughing stock.

"Earth to Cal. Did you get the homework or not?" One sixth grader poked his shoulder to get him to snap out of it. Cal had been at his locker looking through the little dork's bag. The weasle had a gun...this entire time.

The fucker was going to shoot me. Shoot me to be cool.

"Cal, hello. Earth to Cal." The kid grabbed the bag. Cal growled slamming him hard against the lockers. His arm was pressed against the kid's neck. "Don't fucking touch my shit."

"Cal...can't...can't breath."

"Who do you think you are touching my stuff!?"

"Cal..." His face going purple.

The bully was so concentrated on this little fucker. He was daring him to just stop, it would mean he was weak. He didn't notice a hand go on his shoulder. It felt like a spark of electricity had gone through him. He jolted, his arm dropping as the boy being choked began coughing.

"It's alright, kid. Go to the principal. Let him know what happened. You on the other hand....You do not choke students."

The bully saw a very very pretty woman. She was someone that probably came out of one his hidden dirty magazines, but in more conservative clothes, and with crutches. But the oggling stopped as he looked at her and felt anger.

She's here to make a fool out of me....they are all here to make a fool out of me.

"You ok? Your pupils look dilated, kid."

Aw John, no. Max thought as he watched young Marbles take off. His pulse began to quicken, even before he started running after the boy. He could've sworn he saw him clutching a backpack when they found him at home. Assuming that John was a hormonal mess, he was probably dumb enough to think stuffing a gun into his bag was a good idea too. It didn't take Max too long to assume the worst.

"John, no! Stay right here!" Max called out, his voice carrying in the empty school yard.

He couldn't say he was entirely surprised at the actions of the boy. Here he was, effectively being stalked by two grown adults, who he had already seen limping into a hotel room torn to shreds the night before. Max sighed, pushing trough the front door of the school. He stopped in front of the main office and knocked before walking in. His eyes met those of a cranky looking secretary, who was looking over early release slips that were handed in that morning.

"Can I help you?" She asked, sounding as if she didn't truly care whether or not she could actually help Max or not.

"My name is Matt Frasier. I'm from the Office of Child and Family Services. I've been assigned to the care of John Marbles." He fished out his fake ID and handed it to the woman. He silently hoped Sam was able to create a halfway convincing copy for him today. The woman barely looked at it. She reached over for a roster of the grade John was in, and found his name. She grabbed a phone, and called the extension to his home room.

"Have John Marbles report to the main office. He has a visitor." Judging from the irritated voice on the other end of the phone, the teacher didn't care for the terse explanation. "The secretary wasn't having any of that though. "Unless you want to answer to the state of Maine and explain yourself why you denied a Child Services agent his job, I suggest you rethink that statement." A slight pause. "Thaaaaank you." She hung up.

"Stand outside the office, he'll be here in just a second."

Wait, she had seen that same bag. Dingy brown used bag with marker and paint stains across of it, broken zippers and the top embroidered MARBLES.

he wouldnt....

But he would. This is exactly what little her did in the same predicament. She shoved that stupid cat in her bag believing it would fix everything.

Sams eyes instantly began glowing green, the boys began to glow as well. "Please give me the bag kid. You want to give me the bag."

The kid extended it out only to have the glow fade in his eyes as he looked at her like a foaming animal. "Witch. Witch. You tried hurting me."

Her powers didn't work on people possessed by the gun. Fucking hell. The sixth grader pulled out the revolver and went to fire, but sam smacked his wrist hard with one of her crutchea, black dawn dropping from his hand skidding down the hall.

--

He needed his bag back and he needed to get away from those scary strangers. John made it to his homeroom class to see the teacher get off the pjone. "Marbles. Talk of the town. Principals office."

The fucker. No. He couldn't force him to go see that stranger. "I'm not going."

"Unless you want me fired for not listening to child services then you're going. You'really not the state of Maine last I checked."

John shook his head. "I'm not going. You go then. You tell him, the principal or whatever I am not seeing that killer."

Hi's home room teacher blinked, and then without a word walked out of the classroom. Weird. Ok....that was weird. Cal wasn't in class....and Cal had his bag he left down the other hallway.

--

A middle aged man with a beer gut walked over stopping when he recognized the child services badge. "John refuses to see you."

His head felt fuzzy and the man shook it off looking confused why he was here. "What am I doing. Look I need to do my job, just go to our homeroom and pick him up yourself." He rubbed his temple and began heading back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back