• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Private: The Magic in Me

"John, wait, it's not-" Before Max could defend that his compromised position wasn't what it looked like... it turned into what it looked like. Sam couldn't even wait for the door to close before she pulled him in to kiss him. Her aura, from what Max could see, was dull, yet extremely warm now, as if he pressed his chest on a heater.

When he found himself kissing her back, just as passionately, Nadya's giggle sounded through his head. It's about time. You could cut the tension between you two with a knife at the rate you were going.

For the first time, Max answered her back with his own thoughts. Oh shut up.

His thoughts drifted for a couple seconds as they laid on the ground, making out. Wait. How long were they going to stay like this?

There was a small hitch in the back of her throat when he had his hand at the back of her neck fingers through her raven hair. Animal instinct and desire took over and Sam had no control over the situation. Part of her was fully aware what was going on as the two were making out together on the carpet of the hotel room. That part of her was screaming for control. Get off him! Go find the kid! Find him before he did something stupid.

But instead she was doing something that she had thought about time to time, but knew would never really act upon it. Now she was.

Her fingers tugged at his shirt ready to tear it off and that's when she felt the energy die down, twitching and her body slightly trembling, black smoke filled the room where she was as she teleported off of him and by the door. She paced a few moments. "That...I...I'm going to find John." Her cheeks bright tomato red on her ivory skin, she opened the door and powerwalked out with embarrassment and shame.

Max found himself at a loss for words for a couple seconds as Sam pushed herself off him. As she rushed out of the room, he felt the combination of lust and passion leave his body. He sighed as Sam's scent lingered on his clothes, a gentle reminder of what just happened. He didn't have time to chase after Sam or even say anything to get her to stay before she left the room entirely.

Slowly pushing himself off the ground, he made his way over to the bed to lay down there instead. Suddenly realizing he was nearly completely blind again, he pushed his senses a little harder to see where Sam and John were. The boy was in the lobby, and Sam was heading in that direction. There was no trace of the blue hat girls' aura at the moment, allowing him to breathe a little easier.

So how was it? Nadya asked, her voice absolutely giddy.

Max answered her out loud now. "As great as you'd think." He couldn't help but smile as the words left his mouth. He rolled over to where he recalled placing his bag on the ground near the bed, grabbing for the box the gun was in. He placed the box in his lap and slowly moved his fingers along the smooth finish of the wood as he continued to speak. "Leave it to John to finally push the two of us over the edge."

Were you gonna kiss her anyway?

He thought for a couple seconds before answering. "Yeah, probably. Not like that though. That was a little.. intense for our first time. Hope she didn't feel my tongue..."

Nadya absolutely howled at that. You're one funny guy, you know that, Max?

"And you're a talking gun. Seriously, Nadya, what's your deal? What do you get for staying with me? I can't even use a gun anymore."

The young voice paused, the giggling and laughter suddenly stopping. There's nothing in it for me, darling. Not anymore, anyway. It's a two hundred years too late for that.

"What do you-"

Keep me in your holster tonight. If you don't, the three of you will die from the same man who blinded you. Frank, right? That gun of his is special, very much like ours. In fact, we're one in the same. History does have a knack of repeating itself, I suppose.

Max didn't interrupt her as she spoke this time. Max, Nadya started. What do you know about Romani's?

John's gift was very powerful. When Sam was fourteen, she realized she could control people's thoughts. It took a lot of concentration to get someone to do a tiny task. Sometimes she would get a nosebleed. But she practiced and practiced and it took barely any effort now.

John, however...his power....Holy shit.

Sam pushed the button a few more rimes. She had went after Max with all she had based off a child's sentence. Sure. She thought about it. Sure she had made out with many men.

But this was max. He wasn't some mark or a resource. It was completely forbidden in her own set of rules since he was none of those things to her....and that's where things got messy complicated and people got hurt.

He was a hunter.

Yeah, he basically gave it up for her. And she was placing hwr trust in his blind goof hands....but....did she want to go down this road?

The burning red in her cheeks betrayed her adamant no in her head.

--

John left the hotel, his straggly body surprisingly moved very fast and very swift through the crowd.

He needed fresh air. To think. All of this was too much. He was a witch. A group of psycho witches we're hunting him, his entire famity was gone a d the two people he was beginning to get close to were seconds from doing the hanky panky making huge feel like a third wheel and left out.

He collided into a person who had a homeless cardboard sign in his hand, saying he had two kids and was a war vet. "Spare a dollar kid?"

John bent down grabbing his fallen bag. He opened the zipper to check on Arnold. No crack.

The man had grabbed his arm before he could stand up. "Where did you get the egg kid?"

"Don't touch me."

The man let go immediately and then looked at john with a wide knowing expression. "You're a-"

"MY FRIEND!" Sam jumped in, beading sweat, she looked like she had made a full sprint over. She stepped inbetween the two. "Ronnie, not this one. Not today."

"Aaaaaabby. Long time. You have groupies now?"

"You could say that. I got some cool inventory in my trunk if you want to trade it for some...medical purposes. Throw in an extra gun if you can keep meeting me a secret."

"Romani?"

Are you seriously a hunter who has never heard of us? Does the title Gypsy mean anything to you?

It clicked. "Now you're speaking my language. You were a Gypsy, Nadya?"

Mmmmhm. A lot of people back home had it out for me and my people. Constant threats, violence, and whatever else you can think of, we endured it. The way Sam is treated... It reminds me of my struggles.

Max was silent. Before he could open his mouth, he noticed a sudden spike in the emersld aura given off by Sam. It erupted, making the hunter guess she was in a panic, or excited.

"Hold that thought." He said, grabbing his glasses and stick. He covered Nadya's gun under his shirt and jacket, and walked out. It took him a couple minutes to make his way back down to the lobby, where he stood outside of the elevator. He kept his distance rhis time, not wanting to blow her cover again.

"What's going on down here?" He whispered to Nadya.

It's Sam and John. A homeless man is talking to them.

The ashwood abbey hunter looked Sam up and down. He might have been looking to see what weapons she had on her or he was thinking of what she could do to keep him quiet. Maybe it was a little bit of both. "Has Abby gotten herself in a sticky situation? I'll be quiet for the egg. I may not be the sharpest tool, but I know those things only come around every hundred or so years."

Sam didn't have time for this. She smiled sweetly at the homeless man Ronnie. Her emerald eyes began to glow and Ronnie stared losing focus as his brown changed to glowing green. "Ronnie. You won't remember seeing me. You did not see Abby Truman...or some strange kid. You're going to continue walking down the street asking strangers for change and carry on with the rest of your day."

Both their eyes flickered out of the glow and Ronnie the hunter walked right past them asking the next stranger for change. Sam turned to John. "Kid, you need to be careful. You grew up in the boonies of Maine. You don't know what's out there. I do....you're going to have to trust me. Ok?"

--

Funny thing about hunters. They usually don't travel alone. Just across the street a man was playing guitar with his case open to accept change. But he watched the exchange and noticed that his friend, Ronnie's, eyes changed color and ignored Abby Truman who was known in their little circuit. He didn't know the words that went down but it involved the kid, and whatever was in the bag.

And whatever it was...was big enough to make the witch commit the biggest nono ever...using magic on their fellow brotherhood.

--

John sighed. "Ok..yeah...are you two dating now?"

Sam's face went four shades of red. "No. John. No using your powers on us. I was training him. You gotta stop it." She sighed after her stern talk and poked his nose. "ok, let's get back before something else happens. "

As the two of them walked back to the hotel she saw Max right at the doorway. "Found him. It's all good."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back