• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Private] El Stories

Athena
It was probably wrong for her to leave the nest without having someone to look after her. She realized how much this was a bad idea but it was already too late as she heard warning shouts below her. Already she was spotted and if she ever tried to turn back, they surely would find out where the others are. Her wings glide through the sky, her eyes glancing down to see that they were human soldiers who spotted her. Athena made no indication that she was going to attack them as she flew further ahead to take revenge on the demons. Her mind began to wander off, realizing how long it was when she last flew this long in the skies.

She thought back to her close friend, Fujin. Knowing him, he loves to fly wherever he is able to. Athena remembers the day he shifted the clouds to make a shape of an animal, the happy look on his face says a lot. He was foolish but his creativity was vast and everyone cherished him for that. Everyone but Cornelius. Thinking about the dark dragon anger Athena, causing her to beat her wings harder and her eyes glaring down to search for any closeby demons.

It didn't take her long that she spotted an army going up against a small group of two. She didn't falter when another individual came by to aid them. The army was definitely a size to reckon with but Athena wasn't afraid of death if it ever comes down to it.

Athena dove down to get closer to the ground, the trees whipping by at the force of her speed and the power of her wings beating. She let out a powerful shriek, the sound blasting through towards the demons who tried to recover back from their weapons being destroyed. The enemy soldiers reacted strongly to the sound attack, forcing them to pause what they were doing and trying to block out the noise. A few of them managed to push out a back up cannon and fired at Athena in response to her attack. She was rather close to them so it was a bit too late for her to dodge away. One of her wings snapped at the force of the cannon flying by, causing her roar out in pain and dive into the army of demons, knocking the enemies far back and crushing those who were unable to move out the way in time. Yet it stunned the whole army by surprise, having a dragon to attack them out of the blue on the side of the humans.

Athena was still for a moment, her three wings still operational except for the fourth one. The pain was there for her to suffer yet it wasn't enough for her to give up. In fact, it fuels her anger. Her eyes darted around at the demons who took careful steps back, being cautious. She angrily got back up on her feet, willing to pursue them as she bares her fangs to intimidate.

"Dreadful frogs, I'll be sure to feast on your corpse when I'm done with all of you,"
Athena hissed and roared at them, a few jumping back as others stay in their position. None of them seem ready to back down just yet. She glared at them, her chest starting to heat up. "If you want death, then I'll be happy to give it to you," she snarled, digging her claws into the ground. It felt odd on how they were positioned before her, almost as if they were waiting for something but her head wasn't clear to figure that out on her own.

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 MementoDei MementoDei

Last edited:
"Should I help them? What's the benefit for me though?"

High above the clouds, a lone girl flicks her ponytail and pats down her long, frilly skirt. Her eyes swirl with the enigmatic colors of Henir's Time and Space: an alluring mixture of purple and blue. Using a bit of water and mana to make invisible stairs, she slowly hops down to get a closer view of the falling airship. The wind brushes against her bare stomach, but she pays no attention to the chilly sensation.

"I wish Glave gave me more practical clothing. Even though I fought in this in my world, that doesn't mean it's very battle-friendly."

She heaves a sigh. That man surely is a weird person. Well, she can't really complain, since he has given her another chance at life. Not that living in a dying Elrios is any consolation.

"Now, let's see if this works..."

She skillfully crafts five curved daggers and tosses them one by one, creating a circle that surrounds the airship. Releasing the foothold that held her up, she smiles cheerfully as the daggers illuminate a crystal blue magic circle. A few moments later, the airship is encased in a pillar of water that stretches to the sky, effectively stopping it.

"Wow, that's amazing! This transcendence business is something else!"

Twirling and flipping a few times, the girl lands on the dock of the airship in front of a certain elf.

"Oh hey, Rena! You doing well?"

Fume Fume

Ash
Ash was surprised by the sudden stop of the cannon fire. Cai Er didn't hesitate and charged forward, Ash threw his shield at her as she caught it using it to defend against the archers. "You've pushed us back long enough..now its time to revolt." Cai Er threw her daggers forward teleporting to them as they dug into the eye sockets of a glitter demon. "Nice one Cai Er! Now...It's time to stop playing around. I don't have time for this...Codex Activation. Ares Lancer." Ash's arm glowed dimly as his current armor switched over to his lancer set. Steam released from his mouth. "Seems lancer was effected too..." Ash looked at his weapon as the traces of Nasod and Henir technology where present. Ash just shrugged. "Fine we'll just work with it. Seeking Lance!" Ash took hold of his lance in a throwing style as he chucked it forward, multiple spears forming up puncturing through the chest of demons saught out by the lance.

Ash looked over at Cai Er who was handling herself pretty well.
"These spearmen move pretty slow for a so called demon vanguard." Cai Er slammed the demon down into the ground, throwing her daggers in the air she quickly took hold of her katana."Unsheathing Blade Strike..." Cai Er said, she got into a stance holding her katana by her hip. Ash could feel the auras she released. "Come on Cai Er, show me what you can do with what I taught you." Ash thought as he drove his lance through a glitter necromancer.

Then it happened, as Ash had saw before when she first used it, a build up of aura surrounded her katana.
"Release!" Cai Er unsheathed her katana as a wave of demonic and Ash's war aura rushed the demons infront of her sight. Ash rushed in behind her smashing his lance into the ground. "Rain from the heavens Skyfall!" Ash threw his lance into the center of a group of demons as a magic circle formed below them. A rain of the same lance fell down on the demons.

Ash grabbed hold of his two long swords on his back.
"Elemental change, Fire." Burning up Ash's swords turned red in color. When he slashed at a demon the blade would easily burn right through the demons armor and shield. "This'll make things easier." Ash said, while fighting he thought back to his time with his old party. "I wonder if they're doing alright, maybe we'd be here together right now fighting side by side if I stayed." Ash shook his head as he picked up his lance once he reached it. "Father, they just keep coming, the civilians are almost fully evacuated." Cai Er said, Ash thought for a moment and rememvered that the civilians where still retreating. Ash the remembered the time they called him a monster, he just shook his head.

"Cai Er, help the knights out with the retreating...I'll handle the reinforcements with the same old recklessness of mine." Ash said, Cai Er paused for a moment, "B-but father, I think the knights can handle it-"
"Cai Er!...The knights can handle themselves yes but protecting civilians has never been there strong point. Don't worry, this ain't my first rodeo." Ash said as he thought back to Velder.

Cai Er looked at him for a moment, then she presented him with a bag.
"At least take these, they're mana pots." Cai Er said. Ash took the bag smiling under his helmet, Cai Er then bursted out running towards the retreating humans killing the demons that stood in her way.

Ash looked towards the marching demon force.
"Usually this is the part when I'd have an archer covering my back..but times changed...and so have I." Tightly clenching his lance Ash looked up as arrows flew through the sky towards him. He gave no care for them as he charged forward. "I think it's time I let go a little before I burn up." Ash thought, "Lancer Frenzy!!" Ash raised his lance high as he took hold of his long swords the three weapons becoming one giant lance bursting with aura and the power if the elements. So begun his dance, dozens of demons got caught in the radius as time slowed down for Ash. The bright red,blue,yellow,green,purple magical energy that sliced through the demons bodies looked beautiful to Ash. One by one he saw the torsos of demons fly over his head, the sphere that formed around Ash looked like a brightly lit room.

Reaching the end as spung in a circle one last time, coming to a halt as he planted his massive lance into the ground. The demons caught in the final strike held there stomachs as there top half of there body fell off the bottom half. Ash looked at his armor seeing the color of blood plastered on it. He took out a mana potion and took a massive gulp. While he drank he heard the growling of the other demon forces that surrounded him.

"What? Mad about your friends? Well that makes us even!" Ash through the bottle on the ground as his red aura leaked out of his body. "Seems it's your lucky day...Transcendence...." Ash's armor turned into smoke as a dark red snd black armor plastered itself in it's place. Ash let out a growl as he unsheathed his katanas from his back.

"Shadow Fury." Vanishing in the blink of an eye Ash dashed between enemies slicing there throats, puncturing there hearts, or just planly slicing them to bits. A horrible laugh resounded as Ash continued.

"Ohh the shower of Blood, never has it been so livelier!" Ash stood still like a rag doll facing in the direction of the demons. Shrewd Cutter! Haha!" Ash spun at high speeds side ways turning into a red tornado of lighting and blades as he made his way right through them like a natural disaster. When the fighting ended Ash stood still both katans still in hand looking skyward as steam exited his mouth when he exhaled.
MementoDei MementoDei Heavengiver Heavengiver Late Late Fume Fume

Phantom nodded and he grabbed the vine that Ivy held out to him. "Let's do this," He said with a grin.

Xiopetec chuckled. "Look at you making a new friend, my child," She cooed.

Phantom huffed and he made sure that his grip was tight. "I'm not hurting you, am I Ivy? I can lighten my grip up a bit."

Late Late Breakthrough Breakthrough

Xavier

"If a human's grip can hurt me then I am in no fit to call myself a dragon" Ivy snorted at Phantom's worry. It didn't take long for the tunnel to be formed, the vines slowly increasing their speed as they help Ivy to get through the ground. It was especially safe for Phantom to travel along with the beast.

Once the two were gone, Cornelius turns to Xavier and Komodo. His eyes were narrowed as he stared at Xavier. The boy only took a step back, a bit confused what Cornelius wanted to say to him.

"I wasn't wrong about you having a strange source of power...I can see him clearly now..."
Cornelius grumbled low. "Perkisas, the Red King of Ancient Ellian."

"Y-you can see him?" Xavier asked, a bit surprised.

Cornelius reeled his head back, nodding while doing so. "I sensed the celestial spirit power, it felt familiar due to the other celestial beasts I encountered but this one you have is large. The fact your strength improved as well fire magic shows that you have Perkisas along with you. Even your eyes have some sort of striking similarity with the dragon. Though I am surprised, I always know Perkisas as a myth, a story to share with others. Other celestials I have talked to didn't bring up about the red king yet here we are."

Xavier felt Perkisas' interest about the stories, curious about what the other dimension know him as. "Heh...I am at least glad a dragon here knows who I am," Perkisas chucked quietly.

"Besides that...I can't help but be impressed, Xavier. To have Perkisas with you...it's a power to be reckoned with and you seem to absorb it slowly by slowly," Cornelius murmured. "Your progress is very interesting indeed..."

"...Thank you," Xavier mumbled, still feeling a bit irritated at Cornelius due to his training with the dragon but it was nice to be praised by him.

"Well, let's not waste any more time here...hop on."

Xavier blinked as Cornelius kneeled over to have him to climb on. He never rode on Cornelius before and it almost felt like he gained the dark dragon's approval for being part of them. Of course, just like Cornelius said, there's no time to waste. Xavier went ahead to climb on the dragon, Komodo ready to fly along with them.Cornelius eventually stands back up after the boy was on him. They head on out, hoping to retrieve back their escaped friend.

Within seconds, they were off the ground. Xavier held onto Cornelius as they ascended up into the air, checking once in awhile to be sure Komodo was close by. At the same time, Xavier enjoyed the air hitting against his body. Even Cornelius felt relaxed to stretch out his wings as far as he can. It was a very good feeling for both of them, as Komodo was simply happy to fly along with them

"The others that are out here shouldn't be hard to spot. As for Ivy, she will signal out her location every once a while. You'll know where she is when you see it," Cornelius said to Xavier.

"Right!" Xavier replied.

Phant0m Phant0m

Aisha (Elemental Master)
"Is...that the dragon..?"

"N-no....we saw a smaller and white one. This one is bigger with red and black scales..."

Aisha and a small group of soldiers hid in one of her magical barriers as they viewed the dragon, Aragorn. They weren't sure what the dragon was up to, observing the beast search around as if it was looking for someone. Though the men with Aisha were very timid to get a closer look, or even to take a step forward. Their safety was Aisha's priority so she has no choice but to stay close to them. If they get caught, she can easily teleport them further away and they can hide out in the forest.

'I don't understand any of this, why dragons are appearing at the worst moments...' Aisha thought to herself, frowning as Aragorn was sniffing up in the air.

One of the men accidentally snapped on a twig with his foot in which the dragon turns his head towards their direction. Everyone held their breath for a moment, watching how the dragon narrowed his eyes and walked towards their position. Aisha stayed still, knowing if she moved then the barrier will be broken. Yet it was hard for her, Aragorn's snout was close to touching her face and he took a big whiff. The dragon growled low as if he realized the barrier, reeling his head back. Before he could do anything, Octavia called out for him.

"Aragorn, I found her!"

Aragorn's expression changed to an alarmed look as he moves away from the hiding group and followed after Octavia's voice. The men and Aisha took in a deep breath as they were safe from danger and felt the earth rumbled slightly below them.

"You hear that? You think the dragons are searching for their kind?" One of the men mumbled out.

"It might be it. Both of you, make sure everyone is out of this area, it is too dangerous to be here now that dragons are roaming around here," Aisha said to the soldiers.

"What about you?"

"I'll see what these dragons are up to. Don't worry about me, go on and protect those who truly need it," she said to them.

They were hesitant to leave her but they left quickly, knowing that it was their duty to protect their people. Aisha sighed lightly and followed after Aragorn, making sure she was at a safe distance from the dragons.

Ash

Ash stood still in deep thought. "Her song still rings in my head." Ash thought. Slowly his Transcendence appearance faded away. "Haa....still takes longer than when she was there." Ash said as he turned around heading for the camp.

When Ash arrived he saw Cai Er helping a few of the folk carry there belongings. Nobody would suspect her for being a demon thanks to the power of magic. When Cai Er caught sight of Ash she quickly finished up what she was doing and ran towards him.
"Father! Is everything alright?" She asked, Ash nodded his head. "The demons where eliminated, I've sent word to the knights to begin pushing there camps forward and regain what they can of feita." Ash said. Thanks to the days battle humanity was able to regain a bit of the that they once used for harvest and living. Ash looked around a bit the returned his attention back to Cai Er. "Are you ready to head off further to the front lines?" Ash said, Cai Er nodded her head. They both knew they where nowhere nesr done with Feita, much more needed to be done to keep the place safe from harm.

Soon Ash and Cai Er found themselves back in thr battlefield, but not just any battlefield but the sole reason why feita wad on the brink of destruction.
"The numbers are against there favor by far...yet the humans insist on holding this line." Cai Er said, Ash nodded. "This is my sole reason for wanting to save this world...humanity continues to fight even when all odds are against them.. come Cai Er, we can't be the only ones watching." Ash said, Cai Er followed behind Ash as he slowly faded to his minotaurous armor, his hulking appearance towering over Cai Er. "Minotaurous online." Ash's footsteps shook the ground as Cai Er hopped on his shoulder.

When Ash and Cai Er reached the field, Cai Er hopped off Ash's shoulder holding tight onto her katana. Ash planted his feet on the ground as his Chest opened up.
"Olympus Cannon, Charging......Max output. Fire." In a loud bang a massive beam fired forward onto the battlefield disintegrating those in its path.

Cai Er was surprised by it's destructive power. As they got closer to the field volleys of arrows where being fired in there direction, Ash kept his arm up to cover Cai Er from harm.
"Seems you've really attracted there attention father." Cai Er said. Ash just shook his head, "I'll need some cover, if you would." Ash said while looking back at Cai Er, she knew exactly what he meant, "Aquarius come before me." Reaching a hand out a blade of bright blue formed in her hand as patterens of a bluish armor trailed up her body. Soon she was covered in a blue set of armor with streams of water floating around her. "Hydro Step..." Stepping forward Cai Er swinging her sword horizontally sending a wave of water, when the wave hit it went through the demons as if the water was sharper than any blade before it.

Ash began to run up to the demons slaaming his gigantic fist on there heads,
"Come forth my blade." Ash said as his massive blade formed on his hand. "Vulcans Fire." Ash said, soon his sword started to burn up, Ash's steel wings formed on his back. Having a reverse grip of his blade Ash charged forward at high speeds as his blade easily went through the demons bodies, the smell of burnt flesh consumed the air. Ash stood behind the enemy lines as he entered cooldown.
Heavengiver Heavengiver Fume Fume MementoDei MementoDei Late Late

The warrior watched in awe as a yellow dragon soared down from the sky and push the demons back with merely wind. Its mouth moved, but no sound came to his ears. He was now certain that his hearing was limited to the realm of the undead. He evaded the fire that the armoured man fired and from the demon girl he had by his side. The demons were still resisting fiercely, despite their advantage in numbers. The warrior watched a cannonball hurt the dragon and some assassins sneak behind the two others. His mana was weakening, he would have to use the last bead the other Lost Soul had given to him before the fight went south.

"Dum Spiro Spero."

Hearing that voice after a long silence made him wonder if he'd ever be able to get it out of his mind. He emptied the bead and continued in battle, hoping that it was the last time he would hear her voice. A wave of energy flowed into his sword, setting it ablaze with blue fire as he performed a burning slash that turned to ashes the enemy assassins. The power he witnessed coming from his blade didn't feel part of his own. No. He had seen that sort of attack before, back in that black desert. It occurred to him what the legends said about Lost Souls: if one is near eternal sleep, it transmits its power to the next one, leaving it with a desire for revenge.

He looked at the flask where the purple flames danced and a succession of memories came back to him. His own memories danced in his mind.As a glitter soldier dashed towards him, Lento tightened his grip around his weapon, his thirst for mana would make him lose his mind again if he continued to fight. Lento reached to the bottom of his right pocket and took the Dark El that had made him able to get out of the desert on his own. He had a lot of questions for Lara.

Seeing the white rubble set ablaze and a whole dune gone as a black smoke went up to the night sky reminded him of what the Elf's spirit had shown to him. All this world now struck him as the spitting image of what Resiam became after the demon invasion. Lento walked towards the dark alchemy workshop where usually Lara passed her days when she wasn't training him.

Hours passed, but Lento couldn't find her anywhere.
"How..?"

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 Late Late
**********************************************************************************************************************************************
She woke up to the darkness she had seen before Glewin had forced her will to protect the El into her mind. It was the first time she felt at peace with her own existence, it was finally coming to an end, exactly how it should've been in the first place. The sound of calm steps disturbed the silence she saw as peace and Darhan appeared, as he was before they had been separated by war. His calm smile soothed her initial fear and he extended his hand, without uttering a word.

Lara knew well that it wasn't his soul that was taking her to the after-life, but at this point, she was tired of fighting for useless causes. Anyone that could take her into a peaceful slumber wasn't her enemy. She extended her hand, but a set of black chains stopped her arm from reaching her saviour. Darhan frowned as another presence manifested itself behind her.

"Oh, Ishmael. How kind of you to come personally into the boundary between your kingdom and mine. Sadly, you can't make the Soul Priestess cross towards your side this time around."

Lara closed her eyes, realizing that the cycle was repeating once more. She knew what had found her at the Altar of Dedication years ago. She had gone into Henir's dimension, looking for power to restore the balance, at the price of letting the God of Chaos leave a mark on her soul. This was before she had regained her memories, back when she still thought she was alive and that having her soul trapped in the void after her death wasn't something she would fear. As expected, she was wrong and she had to live for years in a dimension out of time, entering other dimensions, where she always ended taking sides with one god or the other. In each one, she had killed, she had lost her humanity, then her life. Once, she was defeated by Elsword, who mourned her death once he realized who she had been. In other worlds, she had died at the hands of Glave and caused the destruction of the world. After each death, she returned to the Void until Henir forced her to go into another dimension. She fought against other demons and humans, under Henir's curse, in the gates of time known as Henir's Time and Space.

She had gotten stronger, without realizing it, and the seals that contained her power had grown stronger as a result. She lived without any memories of her previous lives in the other dimensions until recently. Two dimensions ago, she began to recover her global memories, the ones who allowed her to change her actions to get rid of Henir's control forever. It was in this dimension, when she came close to death for the first time, that her full memories had come together. All thanks to the demon side she forced herself to hate more than Henir.

She stopped forming alliances, stopped to seek to liberate humanity from the demon's control, stopped to care about the fate of the world. After all, it was all pointless until she broke free from the chains at the time of her death. Henir had also taken more actions ever since she had gotten strong on her own. That gave her the flickering hope of finding a true exit in this world.

The time of her end had come again. She had thrown the dice, the only thing that was left was to see how others would react.

"You're not playing by the rules, God of Darkness. We gave you the power to make a better world, and you had to carry our will the wrong way. Unlike you, we have the power to rush things to a better start."

Henir chuckled. "I don't have a doubt it, but your will is exactly what allows me to grow stronger every time. Fate is a wonderful weapon, don't you think so?" He tightened the grip of his chains around Lara's arm, forcing it to bend downwards, making Lara scream in pain as her bones cracked.

Ishmael revealed her true appearance, her white hair and emerald eyes, observed the Dark Priestess' suffering with indifference. The goddess knew what Ellia sent her here for, but fighting somewhere where she had no clear advantages was pure suicide.

Lara smiled weakly despite her pain. Things were changing, Ishmael had never seemed so hesitant before.

Lara thought to herself that while she still breathed, she still had the right to hope for her true desire.

Dust pushed as much as he could with the aid of Samael and Carna's help. The amount of strength that they poured had made results bloom as the ship crashed and slid through the land.
Wish solid ground finally, the chains hit multiple spots on the surface as his feet skid through the debris.

Screaming from both pain and struggle, his body swelled in power, releasing multiple sparks of purple tint. Making the ships speed slow down further, but it wasn't enough to stop it completely.
Samael screamed in his head, warning him that a hill behind him was coming dangerously close and if he didn't dodge it now he'd be crushed.

"Not until this thing stops!" He pushed himself further, drawing blood from his hands and feet. The sparks soon evolved into lightning bolts and the purple tint changed into a deep, ominous purple, his feet planted into the earth and acted very much as his chains.

He could feel the amount of pain that was about to come, and yet he stood strong. Facing death even in a predicament like this. Let pain come, let anguish come, let all negative energy come. He'd face it all with both will and fortitude.

Just as he was prepared to release the rest of energy that he was on both sides, the ship suddenly stopped.

"...huh?" He had no words on what just happened, there was no way that the ship would just stop out of nowhere. His vision was blurry, but he could faintly see with the aid of Samael a magic circle. "Outside help... When..? ..Where?" All these questions before his body finally started aching, once the adrenaline stopped pumping.

He ignored it as he forcefully removed his planted legs from the ground and touched the surface. His bandages were bloodied and the constant aura that leaked out of him added pressure to his presence. From afar, you could mistake him from a monster that was asleep.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Once the ship stopped shaking, Rena looked outside to check if Dust was okay, but the first she sees was Rain.

"R-Rain!? How did you get here!? And from where?" Rena asked flabbergasted before a shadow from the front of the ship jumped high and crashed on the metallic floor. Her face was shocked to see, her brother so badly hurt on both arms and legs, his wounds very slowly bleed as he panted for air, not to mention that the current aura that he was releasing wasn't helping with his wounds.

Dust looked at the entity that helped them, a small glance at her was enough to tell him who she was. Her blue hair was a certain tell, the reason why he came to this land to begin with.

He walked forward, stammering from time to time, leaving his bloody footsteps on the floor as he ignored the person and continued on. Stopping at Rena, he looked at her to check on the both of them.

"Both of you, okay?" His voice was strained, held pain in it, looking was enough, but asking was necessary for him.

"Y-yes. We're okay, but you! You're badly hurt Dust!" She warned him while setting the taker down. She grabbed his hand and checked it to access the damage, but both scorched limbs were difficult to evaluate, so she could only fear the worse.

"Rena, do me a favor." He reeled his hand slowly while speaking to her. "Take our guest somewhere safe for now. I'm... going to find my bag."

"No! In your condition, you aren't suppose to even move an inch! Let me go get it. Please." She pleaded, as he looked at her with mild annoyance.

"I'm fine... Just need to get some blood beads. That's all." He took a step but as he took he wobbled, his chains went right beside him and acted as a support for him. Slowly, the aura that he released was coming down. "I'm fine... I have Samael to help me.. Just talk with her. From the look on your face, you want to."

She looked to the side a bit conflicted, not wanting to leave her brother alone in his current state but at the same time she wanted to know what happened with Rain and how she got here out of nowhere.

"This might be your chance to catch up.. Don't let it slip." He told her before going to the wrecked ship beside them, using his chains as support.

"You're too stubborn you know that?" She told him with a worried expression before looking at her former ally. "Hello, Rain. It's been a while and as you can see, I could be better." She joked, but even that couldn't masked the trembling on her legs.

Raven in the meanwhile, still hadn't stirred from his previous battle.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"By the Nasods, that was too close..." Add exhaled as he massaged the back of his neck before noticing the hill that was taunting him. "Really close... Hey Carna, how are you holding up?"
He asked while looking backwards, seeing his brother slumped on the floor heaving.

"I'm gonna guess you pushed yourself too much, haven't you?" He reached in his pocket and grabbed a mana bead. "Here, open your mouth. This'll help a little bit." As he helped, he sat beside him with exhaustion on his side.

"I knew staying with that guy things would get interesting, but this was cutting it close... What do you think, brother?"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dust stammered through the ruins of their old ship, bits were destroyed and parts were still shaking with the risk of collapsing.

*Clink*

"I probably did forced myself too much... I can barely feel my arms and legs, they're so numb..." To move he had to use the sides as support as he investigated room to room.

*Clank*

"Her? We probably still need to give her that... I can't go back on Glave, not when he gave us that thing that you ate." He was able to find it in between two destroyed bunkers. With shaky hands, he grabbed a casing and opened it before popping the blood bead and sucking it slowly.

His wounds slowly were being repaired with steam coming out from them. Still feeling the pain persisted, making him take one more to accelerate the process.

He would stay there for a few minutes to recover enough to walk normally again.

ChibiSkye ChibiSkye Heavengiver Heavengiver K KizayaTaishuro

The wounds on that elf's body is certainly grievous. She frowns when he demands Rena to take her down to the decks, but complies with it, knowing that she's technically an invader of their ship.

"I guess I have to add desperate to the list of adjectives that I have for you, clumsy demon general."

She tosses him an ambiguous half-smile before following the archer.

"You wound me, Rena," she says as they walk down into the depths of the ship. "Did you forget that I'm a healer?"

The slight cringe on the elf's face hints that she forgot. Rain merely shrugs and keep a thin line on her face. "But I don't have that power anymore. My other self took that with her when she returned to her dimension." She talks as if she had told Rena about her and her life, but the elf merely stares at her blankly, unable to digest her words.

"You can't heal anymore?"

"It was something I couldn't do in the first place. My other self was the one who could."

"Other self...?"

Rain didn't care to elaborate further. They found themselves at an open door of a vacant room, and the elf awkwardly gestures for her to go in. The girl pats the small bed, inviting Rena to sit next to her.

"So what would you like to know? That look on your face...I know it all too well, Rena."

"Well, first off, how did you get here? What happened to you?"

"Hmm...how I got here? I fell from the sky."

"You what?! Why?!"

"Beats me. I just felt like it. As to why I saved your ship however..." Her eyes shimmer with the colors of chaos, making her expression unreadable. "I'm instructed by a certain friend of mine to tag along with your ragtag of a group until that dark elf gives me something. Don't really know why though, but I can't really disobey."

"So you're saying that you're going to be traveling with us? How did you find us though?"

"Let's just say my friend is very resourceful. And yes, I'm going to be accompanying this little party for a short while, whether the leader of this group likes it or not."

There was a brief pause afterwards. Rain flops backwards onto the bed and covers her distorted eyes, mumbling the next few words.

"I must apologize to you, Rena, about what happened at the Nasod Inspector. I was blinded with anger and vengeance because I saw that you were going down the exact same path the Rena in my world did. I realized now that you're not her. You're not the Rena who tore apart my friends, and you're not the Rena that I hate. I hope you could forgive me."

The archer certainly didn't expect that from her. Even more questions swirled in her head, and she hesitantly asks, "What do you mean by that?"

"We have time right? Might as well tell you everything while I wait to be greeted by that clumsy dark elf."

"He has a name, you know? It's Dust."

"Dust? Fitting in a way. Speaking of, why are you traveling around with these people?"

They spent the rest of the time explaining to each other what happened after their separation at Elder. For once in a long while, Rain feels somewhat comforted by their conversation. It's been too long, after all, since she and Rena were able to talk with each other without trying to kill one another.

Fume Fume

Ash
A few hours into the confrontation cannon fire bounced off Ash's shoulder,
"So they began to bring out those." Ash said using his shoulder as a guard, Cai Er looked up to him, "They've arrived with more, the number of cannons are 15." Cai Er said. "We'll need to push forward then. Shield Charge!" Ash fromed a great shield at his front as he burdted with speed charging through the demons. "Rocket Barrage!" Spinning around in a circular motion Ash fired off missiles from his shoulder cannons that materialized.

Materializing his sword Ash swung in a furious rage as he snatched heads of demons crushing them with pure aura, Cai Er didn't let herself fall behind as a bystander. Charging in as well she slide across the ground running her sword through the amoen of the demons, Cai Er could feel the adrenaline building up inside of her.
"Is this what Father feels when he fights against the odds?" She thought to herself while looking at Ash who took a squat stance. "Olympus Cannon!" Ash shouted as a cannon formed in the center of his chest firing of a massive beam of energy, Ash slowly moved to the right as he flattened the battlefield.

Cai Er could see the depletion of the power output as the lazer stopped harming the demons. She looked over at Ash and saw him down on one knee as his armor vanished.
"Not even 4 seconds...I-I really am...depleted on mana...." Ash said his complexion a little pale, Cai Er was surprised by this fact but didn't let that cloud her thoughts. Rushing forward Cai Er took hold of Ash and began retreating. "We've done enough Father, you need to rest and regain your lost strength. This time you must fully recover." She said, Ash nodded his head, "I'll need a few full recovery pots...I won't be able to recover with just meditation, I'll need Ains help as well, or I'll lose control over the power of henir." Ash said, Cai Er thought for a second, If Ash gave her the power of his War aurs, could she in return directly transfer her demonic aura into him to stablize the power of Henir for a short time while he recovers. She didn't know but she was willing to give it a shot while he rested.
Heavengiver Heavengiver MementoDei MementoDei Fume Fume Late Late

Last edited:
Athena was a large creature to fear and most of the demons began to understand what true fear is. Athena’s gaze had anyone on lockdown if they stare back at her, forcing them to be still and petrified. She made quick work to slash them aside, her tail acting like another limb as it swept around her to push back those who dare to advance.

One thing about the dragons that are mostly forgotten during the heat of a battle is about how useless a simple weapon can be. Their hides are tough, leathery scales that protect the beast from small attacks. The demon’s cannons were the most efficient weapon to take Athena down. She knows this very well after the first hit and despite one wing being broken, her other three were still working just fine.

Athena nimbly jumped out of the cannon's range and had to be careful where the archers were aiming at. Her eyes aren’t like her scales and they were very valuable to her. Often she would beat her wings down to blow away the incoming arrows, a few hitting back at the archers.

Finally, her eyes were trained on the cannons, feeling annoyed for dodging around the area. She ran to the nearest one as it was in a middle of recharging. Athena snapped her jaws tight around the cannon, ripping it away from the demons. They let out an alarmed yell, a few through their spears at her but they felt like small pebbles thrown at her. Athena tossed the cannon away after tightening her jaws to dent up the weapon. The weapon slides across the ground and hit the other demons that were in the way.

“You may have broken one of my wings but it won’t stop me from rampaging!”
Athena snarled at the fleeing demons, managing to chomp her jaws on a few that tried to get away.

They were definitely too afraid to push onwards, none of their weapons were good and the cannons were becoming more predictable for Athena to dodge. It almost made her laugh, especially when their commanders try to insist them to stay in their ranks but she can hear the fear in their voices.

Athena watched another cannon rolling in to take aim at her. Before she could dodge away, she perked up when an icy wind blew over to freeze over the cannon, the weapon was completely frozen and useless. Aragorn came jumping in from the trees, crushing the frozen cannon to pieces with his strength and letting out a roar at the demons who ran away, causing a few to erupt into flames.

“Octavia! Aragorn!
” Athena shouted in surprise, not expecting aid from her nest mates.

“You think we’ll let you get all the fun? How selfish can you be!”
Aragorn snarled at Athena yet the yellow dragon couldn’t help but feel happy.

“We all left our hideout, Cornelius wishes to push back the demons,” Octavia said calmly.

“Cornelius wanting to participate in a war? That’s hard to believe,” Athena snorted yet quickly moved her head out of the way as a cannon was flown at her. All three dragons looked over at the soldiers who suddenly regretted firing away and began to fall back with the rest.

“Let’s push them further back but we cannot go too far. The humans are part of this war and I don’t want to do all their work,”
Aragorn sneered as he blew out his powerful flames at the fleeing demon.

“Ivy, Cornelius, Xavier and his friend should be able to catch up to us. I am curious how Xavier and his friend will fight,”
Octavia said.

“Hm, now that you mentioned that, I’m curious too! Let’s not let those demons recover though, keep the momentum going!” Aragorn said in an excited tone.

Athena nodded her head in agreement and chased after the fleeing army. Aragorn quickly followed after yet Octavia paused for a moment when she noticed a single individual stepping out of the forest. She stared at the girl, noticing the awed look on her face.

“Octavia?” Aragorn called out when he noticed she was lagging behind.

“Hm...go on without me. I'm sure you two can manage without me. Don’t forget to signal Cornelius and Ivy your location,”
Octavia said to the red dragon. Aragorn grunted in response and left her be.

Octavia watched them leave and she turns her gaze back to the girl. She was still there, haven’t fled yet in fear or even attack her. The blue dragon kept staring at the girl before she leaned down to have a better look at her.

“Hello...did we startled you?” Octavia questioned, her voice was gentle.

Aisha realized the blue dragon was talking to her and she nearly forgot how to speak.

“No-I mean yes! You did...well you startled everyone, really,” she responded to the dragon.

Octavia hummed in amusement, taking note of her staff and the attire she had on. “We wish to not be enemies with the humans if that is what you’re worried about. We wish to have the demons gone and hopefully regain the trust we lost for many years with the humans, as well return back to our original homelands where the demons took over. Not to mention, dragons might as well be your best allies in this war,” Octavia said to the mage.

Aisha was stunned to hear that the dragons are willing to help them, there may be hope after all. Yet she needs to be cautious with them, often these aids come with a price to pay. Of course, Octavia looked to be very sincere with her words. Aisha wasn’t sure what to say.

A piercing roar interrupted their chat, causing Aisha to look over where the other two dragons headed off. Within seconds, a black dragon came flying through towards the roar. Aisha was so surprised to see another dragon flying from the skies and her eyes went wide to see what it seems to be a red-haired boy riding on top of the black dragon.

“I suppose I should aid them the best I can...”
Octavia murmured, moving away from Aisha.

“W-wait! Let me come!” Aisha shouted out, causing Octavia to glance at her in surprise. “S-sorry but...let me come and help,” she said to the blue dragon, trying to steady her voice. It couldn’t be helped that the red-haired boy reminded her of someone else and she knows it was not likely him. Yet she dared to hope.

Octavia stared at her longer, curious about the mage. She eventually nodded her head in agreement. Both of them ran off to the heart of the battlefield.

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Ash
Still on the front lines Cai Er pulled out a few recovery potions, she handed them to Ash as he chugged them down. When he looked up Cai Er looked like she had something to say. "What is it?" Ash asked, Cai Er fiddled around a bit. "I wanted to ask you Father....what would happen if I transferred some of my own demonic powers into you?..." She asked. Ash thought for a bit, it wasn't an impossible feat and giving demonic powers to others is far easier than giving holy to a demon. Ash scratched his head while fixing his eye patch. "I see no harm in it, go for it then." Ash said as he sat up removing his shirt, his skin wasn't as pale as before, seeing this Cai Er knew he was recovering well.

Placing her hands on his back Cai Er started to focus on her aura, she could feel her demonic aura pass on from herself to Ash, unlike when she accepted Ash's powers her ability was easily being grasped by Ash.
"Don't worry, I'm just a lot better at controlling auras, you'll soon reach this master-" Ash was cut off by the sudden shock of power that flowed into him, "W-what is this?...This ain't a regular demonic aura...it's much stronger..." Ash thought, the aura raged through his body as if it was seeking something, Ash tried to focus on what it was looking for. As he chased the aura he reached it's location, it targeted his Transcendence armor, it was consuming it. Ash then felt a jolt of pain through his body. "AGH?!" Ash held onto his chest as he looked to his arm with the Henir Codex. It's complexion changes as ripples of red flowed through the blue tan. Ash could hear the resounding of a word through his head.
"You've stepped into a whole new realm of power seccussor of Ares....What should we call him?" The voice said. Another voice resounded in Ash's head. "The boy's current abilites seemed to be greatly enhanced by that mechanical arm with this 'Henir' Codex. Even more so with the girls noble blood." An older voice said. "Then why not call him Machina, Theos Machina Ash..It fits him perfectly." The younger voice said. Ash was confused on what they where talking about.
"This boy is nowhere near being a Theos...but yes...Theos Machina matches him perfectly...you hear that boy? Awaken! Let that power inside of you comeforth!"

Before Ash knew it he awoke with a gasp for air as a powerful surge of magic flowed through him. The demons in the area took heed of it and quickly began to approach Ash and Cai Er. "F-father, we must leave! The demons have spo-" Before Cai Er could finish her sentence a single spear of fire flew towards the direction of the demons. "Ahh...I've never felt so more in control..." Ash clenched his fist. The arm with the henir Codex had a gauntlet that shined a pale blue while his left arm was a fiery red gauntlet. Four white wings and two black where on Ash's back, as well as two horns on his head. Ash's hair changed to white in color. The sword he held in his hand pulsed with power. "F-father?.." Cai Er said confused. Ash nodded his head.

Stepping forward Ash couldn't believe it himself what had transpired to his body.
"This is the feeling of Transcendence but...it's stronger...way stronger..." Ash had a smirk on his face as he looked forward at the demons. "Distorted Shot." Ash raised his hand as he fired off spears of Henirs dark energy as it penetrated through demon after demon. Calling forth his katana which took the form of a red blade ash admired it's new look as another blade that looked similar design to his Ares Ax formed on his left hand. Soon Ash was surrounded by demons, a grin formed on his face.

Cai Er couldn't believe what she saw as Ash stood in the middle of the demons who charged him without hesitation, when they came close Ash would cut them down as his wings also proved to be a deadly blade, whenever they tried to attack him from behind his wings would penetrate through the demons torso and send it flying into another demon. Cai Er didnt just want to stand by and charged in as she performed multiple unsheathing strikes. From a distance she could hear the roars of a large creature.
"Is that...A dragon?..." she said.
Late Late Heavengiver Heavengiver

Oblivio/Carna

"That was definitely a close one..." he gratefully took the mana bead, which helped replenish the balancing energy. But his body had taken on a huge toll with using Henir's energy all in one go. It wouldn't end nicely, he knew, and he would be suffering the side effects very soon. With his brother's help, he was able to stand up but he could feel his body giving in. He had to leave somewhere, had to go. Carna knew he wouldn't be able to do things alone like this like he used to. Worrying his brother was the last thing he wanted to do, but at this rate, he would have no choice but to rely on him. It was a new thing he hadn't done in a long while.

"Unfortunately..." he started panting harshly. "I might be out of commission for a while..." His body had reached its utmost limit. He covered his mouth in time for darkened blood to come spewing out like a faucet. It felt like he was vomiting, but blood had a different texture than puke. There was no stopping the flow once it started and he keeled over at the pain wracking throughout his body. Appearing from his chest, something dark and ominous looking was creeping up his skin. It looked like an infection, a pattern that was easily recognizable as Henir's taint. It pulsated on his skin, crawling up his neck and onto his face. "Shit, it hurts..."

It was spreading throughout his body, making his skin appear darker and metallic looking. He eventually collapsed, still coughing up his own blood in a puddle cuddling below.

Fume Fume

Lento looked once more at the purple flame he had captured. It was the Elf's soul, now he had no doubt about it. The dense mana in the desert boosted his natural regeneration, but he still had to rest before begin to search again. The flame was growing brighter, as if it was reacting to the mana around him or maybe to the scenery itself. The glass was beginning to crack while the dark El began to glow, it was reacting to something, he knew it.

"Is it that soul? No. The El can't react this way, not even the dark El..."
**********************************************************************************************************************************************
Ishmael maintained her composure, Ellia had contacted her to light her path once more. Dark El or Light El, it was all controlled by the same goddess. Lara glanced up as Ishmael began to summon a small shard. The Soul Priestess sensed an aura, very similar to a soul come up from the portal. She moved to break her chains as she began to identify whose soul was now tied to Ishmael's side.

"No.You can't do that, Ishmael...You have never done that..."

"God of Darkness, you might have a Soul Priestess, but who said that you could exterminate Angels forever? No matter how much you make her repeat her life, all she has is the imperfect soul of a Dark Priestess."

A blinding green light invaded the dark space, weakening the chains that held Lara in place. She called forth her power to break them completely to stop what was occurring. She couldn't let him, of all people, become part of Ishmael's angels. She already knew what it meant, being deprived of all emotions and to commit any atrocities in the name of a goddess who only wished to preserve her own power. It was just like being under the control of the demons, something she regretted being once freed from Ishmael's control.

"Darhan, Darhan! Do you hear me?"
Lara hollered as tears began to form around her eyes, she was getting closer to the figure that was at the centre of that blinding light.

She finally reached him, he looked as he was sleeping peacefully. Lara smiled and hugged him, she had made it in time to stop the full transformation.
"Good move, Soul Priestess. In a matter of minutes, I'll be able to turn him towards our cause."
"You humans are so naive, it's endearing..."
Lara couldn't hear the gods' voices clearly, but her remaining power wasn't strong enough to absorb the light that was transforming her beloved. Defeated, she took some steps back as four wings spread out from his back and his eyes opened. They had no longer their amber colour but an unnatural emerald one, it was the blatant sign of Ishmael's control. She didn't want to believe what was happening before her eyes. Then, an ancient voice echoed to her left.

"You are now the first of all Angels, Durahan Ishmael."

Lara turned herself towards Ishmael, fuelled by rage, only to see another hooded goddess by her side. The Soul Priestess felt complete control over her power and began to charge a spear of energy to kill both in one strike, but Durahan had a faster reaction and made rain a succession of light spears that immobilized Lara on the ground.

Henir knew that Archangels had the power to completely destroy Dark Priests and so he quickly formed a portal towards Lara's dimension and disappeared with her. Ishmael tried to block their path, but the hooded goddess stopped her gesture.

"Ishmael, don't take this victory for granted. He is an elf, he can resist our control better than humans."
"I am well aware of that, Master Ellia. But I'm sure he'll be a fine replacement for Ainchase. He'll defeat Henir and that Soul Priestess of his this time around."
"They'll destroy each other permanently if you put them against one another, you better step up your plans to win this war."
"I've always wondered, Master Ellia, why do you seem so indifferent when Henir has the upper hand?"
"Because that kid can't realize his revolution without dying and you know how humans are."
Ishmael nodded in agreement and returned with Ellia to the realm of the gods accompanied from afar by Darhan, who was still resisting the spell put unto him. His conscience, however, was still buried and bound by magic that was beyond his own power.
A portal appeared on the wall behind him, forcing his reflexes to unsheathe his claymore in that direction. A masked man was carrying on his back Lara, who was bleeding profusely. She looked like a corpse taken out from a battlefield. Lento watched the man put the elf hybrid on the sand and recite an ancient mantra that closed her wounds. The man had an aura that made Lento reluctant to attack him. After her wounds closed, Lara remained in her initial position and glanced briefly at Lento, who was still holding his weapon firmly.

"I suppose he's a friend of yours."
"Didn't you say that you wanted to stay away from Lost Souls like me?"

Her tone was colder than ever, unlike the detached but warm voice he had grown used to hear from her. She finally decided to sit down and face the masked man who had visibly saved her life.
"This is your final warning Soul Priestess. You're playing with something you don't understand and this is the result. Ishmael and Ellia will take advantage of your futile efforts to change your future. Your best bet is to rally your power to mine. We'll make Ishmael pay for what she did to Darhan's soul."

Lento was surprised to hear this clearly sound again. What had made it possible? He continued to listen, just to verify he wasn't dreaming again.

Lara chuckled.
"It all comes down to simple revenge, doesn't it? But what has revenge given us, Henir? Nothing more than failure. You keep trying to free this world from Ellia's manipulation, but it never ends well. I keep returning to live my life countless times to carry my vendetta against the demons, Ellia or you, but to what end? Gods, Demons, Humans, Elves, Monsters, they all try to liberate themselves from their chains. They all turn around that wonderful idea of inferiority and superiority. They all want to be superior and make the whole world know it. After all, they need to be remembered for something to prove their own meaningless existence to something as fleeting and subjective as history."

It had been a long time since he last spoke, so Lento decided to take his surprise with more discretion. "This man is Henir?"

Lara glanced at him and nodded before turning once more to Henir. Lara got up and continued to speak as a smirk began to cover her face with a veil of calculated madness. "However, I don't seek to be remembered anymore. In fact, it would be better for history to forget about my existence, I have caused way too much suffering for my own selfish reasons already. Without revenge, I have no real purpose, no peace. On the other hand, I don't care for that any longer, because, like you've taught me, everything that is meaningless will be destroyed inevitably. This time, I'll take that mission with my own hands."
"You wouldn't dare to lay a finger on that Angel, Lara. Don't try to convince me that you do."
"He's no longer the person I would protect over my own life."

Henir clenched his fist and took his leave, leaving Lara and Lento covered by a heavy silence. He looked at the Dark El shard and at the flask where the fire was before being absorbed by the crystal.

"You found him, didn't you? Darhan, the dark elf trapped in that colossal armour."
Lento nodded. Just by listening to what the god of Darkness and the Lost Soul had been discussing, he realized that he had probably unwillingly taken away what little good was left in Lara. Not only she had taken his life, but she was plotting to the end of the world without remorse. Before, she would never talk about such things nor even suggest them. Lento felt the responsibility to put an end to her twisted objectives.
"Tell me, did you retrieve your memories?"
He took his sword in hand and stabbed her on her back, piercing her heart completely. She chuckled, cried or coughed, he couldn't tell anymore. With Henir gone, his hearing had once again been limited to the voices of souls.

"Revenge is sweet, isn't it?"
"Not everyone seeks revenge Lara. Some just seek to save what they care for despite being confronted to a hostile world."
He began to absorb the mana that was healing her, giving place to her vital mana. Just when he began to absorb it, it began to burn his throat and he was forced to spit it out, while Lara absorbed it back. She turned towards him with a pained smile.
"Of course they do, Lento. But you're not powerful enough to bring me to my grave just yet. I've been doing just that for who knows how long, but it doesn't work Lento. It never works out. I can only destroy and be destroyed."
Lento remained silent. Tons of questions wondered through his mind, and those same questions came to Lara's mind.
"You've seen Henir himself and you probably heard every thing we said, so it's useless to keep you in the dark any longer. Listen well, before the night comes to an end. I won't ask for your pity and I don't want it. Just listen and decide which side you'll take after listening to me. Got it?"

"I see, so that's why..."

"Mhmm. Again though, I know better now. You're not the same Rena that I know. Besides, she never had a brother in my world."

"Yeah, I'm glad that I get to be with him again."

Rain's senses perk up, her body reacting to an excess amount of Henir energy. She instantly gets up and runs out the room as a thin bile builds in her throat.

"Rain?! Where are you going?!" She hears Rena chasing after her, but she doesn't stop frantically searching for the source of the energy.

"Where is it? I have to find it!"

She finds her way back to the deck and to the room where she found Rena, where she finds a guy collapsed on the floor, blood spewing from his lips. His skin is eroding fast, changing to a blackish-blue color. The ominous symbol of Henir is stamped on his chest.

"Oblivio!" Rena cries out, dashing over to him. Rain drops down next to the elf, careful not to get any blood on her dress.

"He can't take the amount of corruption spreading through his body. Do you know anyone who can fix this?"

Rena only shakes her head in distress. Rain can clearly tell she's panicking, but she remains calm as she commands her to find her brother.

"Find Dust and tell him. I'll do what I can to stabilize him."

Needing no further prodding, the archer sprints off. Rain finally glances over at the other person and gasps lightly.

"Add..."

"No, this isn't the time for that!"

Digging into her bag, she pulls out a winged-shaped pendant. The jewel in the middle boggles Add's mind, for it breaks apart and fades in and out, like the jewel itself is a distortion of time and space. Another magic circle, one more purple than blue, etched itself under her and the fallen boy. Add steps back and urgently demands to know what she's doing, but he is silenced by the otherworldly light surrounding the girl. She opens her mouth to sing a chilling song, one of finality and cycles. The corruption flowing in his skin slows as her arms start to be coated with the same bleak colors. Blood starts flowing from her mouth, but she continues to sing, hoping that she doesn't have to keep this up for long.

Fume Fume K KizayaTaishuro

Last edited:
Dust takes deep breaths as more steam leaves from his partially repaired wounds. The beads were working, but he needed a little more time and taking another one would probably inflict addiction from them, which causes terrible side effects for the consumer. Only one or two at a time are allowed, no matter what race you are.

From the corner of his right eye, something caught his interest. It was a blue Nasod with a red one nearby, both destroyed with their various parts scattered around the destroyed room.

"Probably from the crash." He thought to himself as he crawled to the blue one and stabbed it's chest with a chained fist. Inside he saw a core with water properties. "Is that... a water amulet? What luck, though I'd prefer to get things by my own, not this way." Despite what he said, he grabbed it and put it on his right pocket.

"Dust! Where are you! We need you!" Rena ran through room to room, screaming for her brother.

"What now? Are we being attacked right now?" He yelled back at her, making it easier for the elf to locate him.

"It's Oblivio! He's badly hurt! His energy is killing him!" She quickly rushed to the room that he currently rested.

"What!? When-- Don't tell me he pushed himself that far to slow down the ship!"
He grunted as he stood up, he was exhausted and in no condition to walk, but his will to help his comrade was enough to help. "He's still in the control room, right? Help me to reach him, at my current state I can't possibly run." He grabbed his bag and she wrapped her arm around him, making him speed walk through the destroyed ship.

Once there, he saw the blue headed girl keeping the corruption stable enough to not spread even further, but her expression was enough to tell him that it wasn't going to hold on for much longer.

"Dust! Please! Help him!" Add asked as he didn't know what to do, this was the first time he saw it happen, but for Dust on the other hand he saw it only once.

"Of all the times, only now it starts acting up!?" He yelled as he tapped Rena away and opened his casing of blood beads.

"You know about this!?"
Add asked bewildered that the hybrid knew.

"In one occasion, when I was with Glave, he showed me the effects of Henir's power had on people with Nasod parts on them." He force fed Carna two beads and then stored the casing, before taking out a small crystal that shone no light, yet pulsated with a mysterious energy. "It took the both of us a while to figure it out, but essentially both Nasod and Henir were mutating together with the body, creating a hybrid with infinite possibilities to evolve. A body and mind fortified with Nasod and Henir, where they only responded to who their master where.

That is, if the person had a will strong enough, they were controlled by no one and so they would feed on both Henir and Nasod parts to improve themselves beyond their physical and mental abilities. Day and night we fought them and trying to cure a handful was extremely taxing to the both of us, until one day we found something that repelled them, something that instigated fear and made them retract back into the hosts body, giving them control until extreme circumstances called the destructive power of it.

It was enough to find a cure and separate both powers, but the mutation was still a problem to arise again. So the best course of action, was to make an aggressive mutation into a supportive mutation. So we reverse manipulated the gene and made it so that the people could call the power of both Nasod and Henir in one single point.

We called this newfound power, Unification. And that's exactly what I'm doing with Oblivio. He's not gonna like it, but at least he'll be able to control the corruption that he's suffering more freely. But Add, you need to tell him that once I'm done, he can't be considered the same as before. He already has a reason to stand, but how far is he willingly to go? Because the stronger the reason, the more he can bring out Unification."
As he explained, he hovered the crystal on top of the mutation and scaring it away for a few minutes, before grabbing a needle from his bag and stabbing it on Carna's chest.

The sudden pain made the unconscious person flung open their eyes and release a gasp of air, as the mysterious liquid entered his system. Slowly, his veins started to glow the same color as before, except that the darker color began to slowly brighten into a more lighter shade until it was a clear cyan color.

"Good, the preparation is complete." He announced as he lowered Rain's arms, signaling her that it was okay now. He pointed his chains at Oblivio and black snakes formed from them before stabbing their fangs into his flesh.

"You bastard! What the hell do you think are you doing!" Add went up to him and shook him.

"Saving his life. Samael right now is absorbing a small portion of the negative energy that Henir's corruption possesses. Once he thinks that it's stable enough, then Oblivio will be out of the danger zone. He'll need a full days rest, not using his Henir powers whatsoever, otherwise I need to do the same process, but in a more difficult and critical point that might kill him." He explained while falling to one of his knees.

"Oy!" Edward spoke out as Dust's wounds were tempted to reopen again.

"Still haven't recuperated enough... But don't worry, Samael can act on his own for now and take care of him. I'm just going to sit down for a bit and rest."
He reassured the tracer as his companion was slowly but steadily helping the downed Henir follower.

"Thank the El... I'm surprised that you knew all of that, Dust." Rena commented as only now her tiredness was catching up to her.

"Ah, right. Blue girl, a guy asked me to give you this water amulet. Don't know why and I don't wanna know why, just take. I hate not finishing someones favor. I should see if that red one has a fire amulet in it..." He mumbled that last part before tossing the item to the girl.

K KizayaTaishuro Heavengiver Heavengiver ChibiSkye ChibiSkye

"She came just in time. Rena was always a fast runner."

A light push on her arms signals her to stop, and she gratefully does so, gulping back the blood that's freely flowing from her mouth. The black color pasted on her arms fades almost instantly, her weird pendant shimmering brighter in the process. She only vaguely heard Dust's explanation of the boy, but the idea of Nasod and Henir in one body manages to surprise her, even when she was concentrating on quelling the corruption.

"What happened to this person to end up like this...?"

She struggles to stand once she dispels the magic circle and lets Dust do what he needs to do. Rena lets her lean on her shoulders for a bit, a gesture she kindly accepts.

"Is this what you mean by...?"

"Yes. Since I'm purely made of Henir's energy, this level of corruption is no big deal for me to absorb. His wounds, on the other hand, are a different story, and I don't possess the same amount of self-healing as my other self."

Dust says something about finding an amulet and fulfilling someone's favor and tosses her a round object with shimmers of water visible inside once she stopped the flow of blood from spewing from her lips. She takes a moment to glance at it slowly.

"I see, so that's why he sent me here. This is a better substitute than this broken pendant. Add, here."

She gives her distorted pendant to the tracer. He fumbles with it once it touches his hands, and she lets out a light chuckle.
"Give that to him when he wakes up. I hope it's more useful to him than for me."

"Rain, does this mean you're leaving now?"

"Mmm, yeah I guess. I have no reason to stay really."

She stares at the unconscious boy and lets out a heavy sigh. The boy intrigues her greatly, and she really wants to stay and have a nice decent chat with him before she goes to her next assignment.

"Oh, I see."

"I suppose I can stay until he regains consciousness. I have a feeling that I might be a bit helpful with his condition."

Last edited:
"There they are!" Cornelius shouted as he heard the roar.

Xavier looked over the dragon's horns as they were somewhat in the way and he can spot a geyser of fire erupting into the sky.

"From the looks of it, they have Athena along with them. They're most likely pushing back the demon forces as best they can. What a mess to clean up after..." Cornelius grumbled yet Xavier didn't detect any sort of spite towards the humans.

"Well, with four dragons, plus me and Komodo, how hard can it be?" Xavier questioned, tossing a shard at Komodo who caught it with his jaws and began to absorb its energy.

"You'll be surprised how much numbers and size don't matter in a war," the dragon commented, taking a quick glance around the area as he began to dive down.

Cornelius perked up slightly as he spotted two other individuals who as well are fighting the demons. His eyes narrowed slightly, huffing loudly as the beat of his wings nearly snapped off a couple of trees. He landed a couple of yards away from the other dragons who took enjoyment into killing off the demons.

"They look like they're having fun," Xavier joked in amusement.

Cornelius didn't say anything as he looked further ahead to see a line of cannons rolling up. He quickly evaluates the situation, glancing between the dragons until Octavia showed up.

"Octavia, think you can freeze those cannons? It will save us a lot of troubles,"
Cornelius said to the water dragon.

Octavia nodded her head and she ran off to join with the other two. Xavier watched her go and noticed someone else had followed the dragon. He looked at the purple-haired girl, surprised to see her. Both of them exchange confused glances.

"Who are you?" The girl first asked, holding her staff tightly.

"I could ask the same thing..." Xavier responded, his brows slightly furrowed. Cornelius even looked over, staring at the mage. Once he noticed her staff, he took a step back for a moment. Komodo had his appearances transformed as a white dragon and flew down between the two, hissing at the mage. From the looks of it, Xavier can tell that she was cautious and wouldn't try to pick a fight with a dragon. "Well, if you have nothing better to do, why not help us?" Xavier asked, starting to climb off Cornelius.

"So you're against the demons?" The mage asked, looking back at the group of dragons who were working furiously to get rid of the cannons, dodging around the weapon's aim.

"Definitely, and I guess you're the same too," Xavier responded, walking up to her. He studied her carefully, Komodo leering over Xavier's shoulders.

"And the dragons..."

"...oh right! Well...I guess it's something we can talk about later," he mumbled, shaking his head slightly. "Probably when there aren't cannons aiming at us." Xavier glanced over the battlefield and his eyes widen slightly in alarm as a cannon was fired at them. He instinctively pushed the mage out of the way and jumped back to avoid getting hit.

'Hm...deja vu...'

Xavier watched as the cannon flew away from them and look back at the fallen mage. "Oo, sorry about that," he apologized, lending out a hand for her to grab. She looks annoyed at being pushed back yet she grabs hold of his hand, surprised to notice his gauntlets and was lifted back up to her feet. "Name's Xavier, by the way," Xavier introduced himself.

"Aisha, Aisha Lan-"

Before she could finish her sentence, she was pushed again by Xavier as another cannon zoomed through.

"I swear, I am so sorry," Xavier said, yet his voice was less sincere and a bit more amused. His lips nearly tugged into a small smile.

Aisha frowned at the boy, unsure if she could take him seriously or not. Yet the noise of an explosion caught their attention. Aragorn apparently let out a big attack, probably due to frustration on how persistent the demons were with reloading the cannons. The cannons close to the attack were damaged, one was melted and unable to be used. Of course, the black powders that were used to fire the cannons were lit and became an explosion. Xavier watched how the demons were flying from the force and how the dragons seem to be alarmed and took a couple of steps back.

"Come on, they probably need all the help they can get," Xavier quickly said to Aisha, helping her to get back on her feet. He whistled orders at Komodo in which the small dragon was swift to obey and flew off.

Aisha was amazed at what she witnessed today. It almost looks like Xavier was a tamer of dragons. She made sure she had an extra mana bottle with her in before nodding in agreement with him. "Right, I'm ready."

Both of them ran off into the battlefield.

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

(The next morning)

Yesterday, was full of action. An air battle, then an infiltration which lead to both ships to crash and ending with two people gravely wounded. One with their corruption unstable and the other with not having the moment they wanted to recover with their own medicinal means.

Once they recuperated enough, some explored the ruins and found some trinkets and others stayed with the others, looking out for the wounded.

Soon after the locals of Altera, the ponggos, showed up at the scene scared that someone came crashing down. Rena and Rain explained to them the situation and offered us to stay with them until we were healed up. They carried both Raven and Oblivio in stretches, guiding them towards the towns alchemist, they offered Dust too, but he refused and walked on his own, his injuries had healed for the most part.

Once there, Add separated with them and followed the stretchers to keep an eye on them. Rena and Rain were talking with each other, trying to talk things out. They did call Dust to join them, but he simply went on his own until he reached what looked like a small pub.

The houses were short, definitely not for people, but still enough room for them to enter and not hit the roof. He spent his night there, drinking on what the ponggos considered alcohol, which they weren't that far away, but still not enough to take a kick at.

On the reception desk, the chained had various glasses with small drops of ale in disarray. All through the night, he carried a frown because his time was ticking so fast, it was only a matter of hours or minutes until he was being called.

"Give me another one." He asked while putting his ED on the desk.

"Don't you think you've had enough, buddy? Any more and your liver is gone." The ponggo warned, hesitant on pouring on his glass.

"This doesn't even affect me. Not alcohol on my book. Give me one more, till the top." He waggled the glass, ushering the bartender. He poured the drink, though he didn't like it.

He took a sip and looked at the clock. He lost count on how many times he's done it. It was 9:36 AM.

*Clink*

"I know. I need to tell her and to ask Oblivio for a big favor. Might as well start writing for him and ask Add to deliver it for me. That way, it won't take that long."

*Clank*

"She can't come. That's the one thing I'm against. I already lost her once, this is the best way to make sure that she'll be alive."

*Clink*

"She can feel betrayed if she wants to, this is the best for the both of us. She gets to live without having to face assassinations on her trail and I get to... To know that she's okay. Oblivio and the others will keep their eyes on each other, helping each other and surviving with each other."

*Clank*

"You know that I can't afford to be sad. We're talking about our allies that are fighting to save their kind, we swore to their families that we would do our best, so that their sacrifice won't be in vain." He finished his drink as he talked with Samael.

Grabbing a pen and a sheet of paper from his bag, he wrote down a message to Oblivio, saying that his mission from now on was to lead this group and to protect both Add and Rena. He couldn't return to the demon Realm again. For the safety of the three. He would fabricate a lie to say that he died on an unforeseen accident against a strong opponent, that would be enough for them to buy it. He would be relieved of his service, but for Dust it wasn't, as he was bound to help them. A promise that he could not break. He would most likely replace Berthe's place in Feita and such ordering him not to go there, for their safety.

Standing up, he holstered his bag over his shoulder and left the pub. Outside was dim with stray rays of sunshine passing through the holes on the ceiling. He went left and headed towards the alchemists home.

"Ah! Good morning, pong! Are you here to see your friends, pong?"
Amos, the towns alchemist asked with some cold sweat rolling down his side. Dust simply nodded and walked in, making Amos panic a bit.

Once inside, he saw the ebony haired individual from the airship looking at him with a surprised face. To his right, he saw Add having a close eye on Oblivio's condition. He passed the man and went to talk with Add.

"How's he?" He asked with mildly concern.

"He's fine. What you did back there really saved his life. His life signals are stable and his wounds are closed, not to mention that the corruption is being calm."
Edward explained to him taking a sip from a cup near the stand. He has been awake all night, monitoring his brother. "Is there something you want?" He inquired.

"Give him this. I would say it to him face to face, but in his condition he can't listen." He explained while handing it to the tracer.

"What's this suppose to be?"

"His last mission under me." He told him, making the tracer look at him surprised.

"Last mission? What do you mean?" He asked a little apprehensive.

"Read it, if you want to. I explain everything there." This made Edward quickly shift between the letter and the chained. "Be good, Add. And keep a close eye on them, will ya?" He asked him while extending his hand for him.

The tracer looked at his hand and shook it. It didn't take much to tell him that he was going away for a long time and not sure if he was coming back. They both released their hands before fist bumping on another.

As he left, he looked at the taker, which made the man looked with some regret..

"Don't get manipulated again. I won't save your ass again." He warned him while giving him a sharp look.

"...Thank you." He still looked at the floor.

"Chin up. I heard from the ponggos, you've fought well. Don't let a simple slip up affect your will."

"Right." He responded back, looking at him in the eyes. With that, the chained left and headed towards the exit of the town, which was close to where Rena and Rain were staying.

He kept looking forward, for he needed to leave. If he found Rena, then he'd explain to her and deny her, if not then he would leave without a single word.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

As the two girls were talking down the road, Rena noticed that her brother was leaving the town, making her curious.

"Hey, if you don't mind how about we ask my brother about our next move? It'd be a shame if we were here for nothing." She explained while dragging Rain with her. She followed him and saw him stop for a second.

"Dust! What are you doing here? Out here isn't safe you know?" There were Nasods outside of town, but they were still a few ways away.

"So you followed me. That's fine, this makes it easier to say without tracking you." He turned around and looked at her with a straight face. "I'm heading back to the demon realm." The announcement surprised her.

"W-what? Then take me with-"

"You can't come." He interrupted her with a cold stare.

"...What? What do you mean? Didn't you ask to stay beside you always?" She asked feeling a bit flabbergasted.

"I know what I asked, but I can't take you with me for reasons, Rena. I already gave Oblivio his last mission. From now on, you'll listen to him, he'll be the leader of his expedition." He informed her while carrying a poker face with him.

"B-but why are you leaving now!? We just got together again! Is it because I'm not strong enough?" She asked, desperately trying to understand his reasons.

"Rena!" He shouted at her, making her snap her attention at her. "I'm a demon commander.I took time off to come to Add's aid and help him reach Altera. I'm on borrowed time, I can't stay here anymore."

"You could always forget about them, right?" She asked, carrying a sad face with small tears forming on her eyes.

"If I did, then we would be hunted until the rest of our days. Just like me, mom and dad were." She looked at his with a shocked face, her eyes threatened to release the tears. "I'm doing this so that this new group that you are on, won't need to be harmed by my side. But if you challenge the demons, I won't be able to protect you anymore.

I will be your enemy, next time."
His words cut her like a sharpened knife as she took a step back with a few stray drops, rolling down her cheeks.

"Don't follow me." A portal appeared behind him. His time has worn out. "Not for me, but for yourself. Sister." His words drafted onto a whisper before he was gone.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

As Dust passed on the other side of the portal, the glitter soldiers saluted to his return.

"Welcome back, general Dust!"

"Commander? Wasn't I a step down from Commander?" He asked them, before eerily chuckling caught his attention.

"Not anymore, Commander Dust. You have been nominated and effectively caught the position. But, you still seem a tad bit weak to handle it, so the table decided that you would be subjected to some... Tests, to further improve yourself." A glitter alchemist responded to him with Ran beside him.

"And you can't possibly refuse it, Dust." He waved his hand, bearing the symbol that made his chest burn.

"What do you plan on doing to me, Ran!" He yelled towards the possessed demon, to which made him smirk and then snap his fingers.

"Why, prepare you for war. By injecting you, with the science departments latest breakthrough, the liquid dark El and equipping you with the armor made out of Durahan's metal armor with a new crystal melted onto it." Without warning he was held down by four Shadow Masters.

He immediately struggled as six alchemists successfully injected into his bloodstream the liquified dark El.

"Let's see how much you can take after a week full of these. HeheheHahahaha!" He laughed ominously as Dust's vision blurred and then was carried towards the science department's testing chamber.

K KizayaTaishuro ChibiSkye ChibiSkye Heavengiver Heavengiver

Last edited:
Phantom clung on to Ivy's vine and quickly held his staff in his free hand before allowing himself to be dragged by the dragon. He stared at the fuschia gem on top of his staff as the Ivy moved, humming to himself. Anxiety was rolling in his stomach, making the priest nauseous and it would spike into panic when Phantom thought his staff was about to snap in half occasionally during the trip. If he was about to jump into the middle of a battle, the priest couldn't have his only means of fighting broken when. Speaking about the anticipation for battle, Phantom swallowed loudly.

Calm yourself, child, Xiopetec purred as a portion of her magic coiled itself around Phantom's chest, seeping some warmth into her loyal follower to help soothe his anxiety. You knew were going to engage in battles when you were travelling with that dragon boy.

"Yeah, and we both know that I'm not the greatest at the attacking front. I'm more of a sideline, the 'medic-at-the-ready' ally," He muttered in a low voice. Phantom didn't want Ivy to think him insane. Though Phantom usually didn't care, he wanted to have the dragon's respect. So that meant keeping his "habit" under control in her presence at least. "As much as I hope that I'm just going to be just the medic, they're going to want me to fight, and I'm going to embarrass the both of us."

You are a quick learner, and you're a priest fighting demons. I say you have the advantage.

"Uh-huh." Phantom scoffed.

I can always intervene.

Phantom didn't like the ominous tone of the goddess's voice. "Wait...you can do that? I thought you can only manipulate from your...wherever you are?"

Xiopetec fell silent, making the priest's anxiety move from upsetting his stomach to constricting his chest.

"Are we almost there Ivy?" The priest asked, his voice a pitch higher than usual.

Late Late

Ash
The battlefields intensively shook as dragons appeared before Cai Er and Ash off in the distance. "Father, I don't think the dragons and the demons are allied." Cai Er said as she blasted away a glitter alchemist. Ash pulled the arrow out of his forearm while looking ahead, "The more allies the better!" Ash said he looked down at his sword which was still blazing hot, "I think I should meet with these dragons." Ash said as another arrow came flying at him, switching the grip on his blade Ash struck upwards breaking the arrow in two. With Cai Er right behind him Ash flew up high in the sky as he rained down sword after sword on the demons, from time to time an arrow would strike ash but he paid it no mind. When Cai Er and Ash reached the dragons they saw a boy with a scaled armor and a mage with purple hair.

Ash quickly removed the arrows that hit him from his body.
"My healing is slowing down...but I'll make it." Ash said, he walked up to the two as Cai Er kept a hand on her sword. When Ash got closer he noticed that the boy looked familiar. "Oi...have we met somewhere boy?" Ash said.
Late Late

Ivy
"It won't be long, small one," Ivy mumbled softly, her vines moving quicker than before as they moved through the tunnels. She can easily sense the small tremors from above and heard a faint roar.

Ivy can feel how nature responds to the destruction from up above. It was hurting her definitely but she didn't dare to slow down. The dragon quietly listens to Phantom's chatter. Even if he talked in a quiet voice, she can hear him fine. Listening was always her best qualities as her ears act like eyes for her. Yet she didn't want to question the odd man. It wasn't strange to talk by themselves. Ivy used to do it when the trees were alive and active, always enjoying the sort of things nature had seen passing through their grounds. They don't literally talk to her, it felt like spiritual communication in which Ivy always respond back with her own words. They always seem to understand her and she can understand them just fine.

That's how she was first to discover about the demon's invasion to Feita. From the very first step, she was warned immediately.

"Hm...we're here,"
Ivy announced, as she felt the ground shaking more vigorously than before. The dragons were most likely above where they are.

Not wanting to appear in the middle of the battlefield, she turns to a different direction. After a couple of feet, the vines began to pierce from above as they work on making the tunnel to the surface. A couple of other vines expand out the tunnel between Ivy just to allow Phantom to crawl on top of her without feeling squished.

"You first," Ivy said to him, nodding her head towards the tunnel to the surface.

Xavier & Aisha
"Who are these two?"

Aragorn shifted his attention immediately to Ash and Cai Er as they approached Xavier and Aisha. Obviously, the dragon was alarmed with his eyes narrowed yet a voice pulled him back.

"They're not of the demon army, I spotted the two fighting against them. Focus your attention back here, we need these archers dealt with," Cornelius growled at Aragorn. Aragorn snorted in response, focusing back to the battle.

Xavier stared at both Ash and Cai Er, somewhat glad that there are others fighting against the demons. Though the question from Ash made him think.

"Oh erm...I don't know?" Xavier answered with an unsure tone. It does feel like they met before...but he can't remember who he was.

Aisha stayed quiet as she stares at Ash and Cai Er. After a careful study, she pointed at Ash. "I believe the soldiers have talked about you? I had reports about an individual who was savagely plowing through the demons without mercy and from the looks of it," Aisha said as she took the time to glance at the dead demon bodies and noting how Ash doesn't seem to show any sign of great pain from the arrows, "you seem to fit from what they say."

Xavier shifted his eyes between the three, unsure what to say as there was a battle ahead of them. Yet the dragons were handling it really well. Yet Komodo got close to Xavier and hissed at Ash and Cai Er in warning, his scales bristled slightly. "Easy there," Xavier mumbled, pushing Komodo's snout away from the pair's direction but the dragon was persisting to have his eyes locked on them. "I'm sure we can talk a lot more after the demons here are taken care of," Xavier grumbled.

After he said that, the earth behind him crumbled slightly and Xavier jumped slightly in surprise as he nearly fell in. Aisha was surprised too as Komodo hissed in annoyance. Xavier cleared his throat for a moment before carefully looking over the hole. He relaxed a bit to see it was Phantom climbing up.

"Oh, I was wondering when you'll show up," Xavier chuckled.

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 Phant0m Phant0m

Phantom waved at Xavier with a grin and finished climbing out the hole. He looked down. "Thanks Ivy," The priest said in a sincere and great ful tone. He looked around at the ongoing battle. He gave a low whistle and gripped his staff tighter. Phantom's amber eyes fell on Aisha and Ash, prompting the priest to move a tad closer to Xavier.

"Who are these guys, Xavier?" He asked, his brows furrowed and he kept his staff in between him and the strangers. The male's presence was making Phantom's skin crawl, and looking at Komodo the priest could relate to the dragon's agitation.

Late Late

Ash
Ash looked at the dragon that hissed at him and immediately noticed something, "That hair....this smell...that dragon....Xavier.." Ash said as he dug his swords into the ground, "You may not recognize me because of this demonic appearance of mine." Ash said as he flapped his black and white wings. "It's me, Ash..been a while." Ash said as he reached his hand out, Cai Er who was behind him canceled out her armor returning to her regular state, "Father you know this man?" She asked, Ash nodded his head.

"He was a companion of mine. On the day I was sealed away." Ash said, then it happened.

From a distance Cai Er noticed it,
"Father the portal is releasing demons once again, this time they've come with Durhan knight's and Giant Wolf demons as units."
Ash was surprised by the numbers, he began to think why did the demons want Feita so much. He looked over as a priest arrived, Ash looked around. "Xavier, mage, priest...we must work together. I don't know what Feita holds but this land cannot fall..if it does it'll lead to the end of Elrios." Ash said.
Late Late Phant0m Phant0m

The next few days were rather...uneventful.

Once they arrived at Altera, she and Rena had to explain to the ponggos about their crashing airship, but otherwise, the people of the town left them alone. To be honest, it was good that no one recognized her, despite her overly extravagant gown and the blue shade of her hair. Oblivio, she thinks, and Raven were both carted off to get medical attention, and she, at first, decides that she should clear any other questions the elf had for her.

"I still find it a bit hard to believe. How are you able to come back here, when you're supposed to be...?"

"My friend gave me a choice to either come back to life in this dimension or to move on from this world. I obviously chose the former, and he pumped a bunch of Henir energy into me once I separated from my other self."

"Why did you come back? No one here knows you. Your friends are in a different dimension. Aren't the people that you do know just different copies of them? Like me?"

"Rena, I came back to redo my life. My journey was one tragedy after another, and it ended before I could do everything that I wanted to do. I've never succeeded in defending my home, my friends. It hangs over me like a plague, and moving on with that kind of baggage just doesn't sound right."

The elf was silent afterwards. It seems like she didn't have much else to say, but when she turns her head away and sees her brother, Rain knew that their conversation was done.

Watching her interact with her brother was a weird feeling. It felt odd hearing Rena beg Dust to take her with him to the demon realm. She stands there awkwardly as they talk, not knowing what to say. When they were finished, Dust doesn't even give her a glance when he disappears into a portal.

"No...Dust...please..."

Rain places her arms around the crying elf and holds her firmly, allowing herself to be her anchor. She thinks of what to say to her in order to make her feel better, but nothing comes to mind.

"We...we have to find him."

"No, Rena. We shouldn't. Remember what he said. If you don't want to cause him or yourself more pain, we can't pursue him."

"B-But what if he dies?! What then?!"

"Rena, calm down, please." Rain frowns as a particularly sour memory surfaces in her mind. She had always been, after all, very susceptible to her emotions. "Your brother will be fine. Believe in him. For him, you have to live. That's all you can do."

Their walk back to the alchemist's shop was silent. Rena still leaned on Rain's shoulder.

The next day, she decides to stay with Add, watching over the unconscious Oblivio in case something unusual happens while he was out. The tracer seems wary of her presence, and when the silence of the room grew unbearable, he pointedly asked her how did she know his name.

"I simply do. That's all you need to know."

Of course, that answer wasn't satisfying to him. Ignoring the white-haired scientist, Rain turns to the sleeping Raven and involuntarily smiles at his peaceful face.

Seeing Raven unconscious brings back bittersweet memories. He was invaluable to her group, even going so far as to be the unofficial "sub-leader" of the El Search Party.
"He was always so kind to everyone, but you can tell he's haunted by his past. So much so...that it drove a splinter deep into his relationship with Rena." The more she thinks about it, the more plausible it is that Raven could have been the indirect reason Rena succumbed to the Dark El. "No, even if it was, in the end, we didn't have the strength to save her. I was the one who took her life, desperate for revenge."

Hopefully, her other self is able to help foster everyone's connections with each other. She always had that trustworthy air that unified bonds and dispelled tension between people.
"If I didn't sacrifice my ability to heal, would I have been the same way?"

Add, on the other hand, was an enigma. Even back when she traveled with him, he was completely obsessed with Eve and her code. Seeing her destructive power was enough to get him going for days, but otherwise, he didn't really interact with anyone. Well, everyone except Elsword, Eve, and Ain, oddly. Rain doesn't know anything about him, but she was determined to get along with him this time, assuming that he can tolerate her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back