• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Private] El Stories

AU Elsword
This setting is without the events of Elsword the game and is an alternative world where The demon invasion has processed quietly throughout the land known Elrios. The people of the continent rely on a crystal called the El crystal which has weakend over time thanks to the corruption of the demons. The world is in chaos but only a few of those who traveled to the lands of Feita know of this invasion while those in Ruben are left in the dark about what is really going on in this world.

Ruben Village
th
Feita Village
spoilerfield.jpg

Rules (please read before first post):
1. Multiple people may role-play one character but only one person can role-play each class (eg. there can be three Elesis but only one GrM, one BH, and one CrA)

2. If you wish to role-play a certain class of an OC, ask the creator of the OC for permission before doing so.

3. No, no god-modding. Make sure your character can actually get hurt.

4. If you wish to interact with another character, make sure you tag the person's name at the end of your post. This is to avoid confusion when more people join in on the interactions.

5. If you have any questions, moderators are ChibiSkye (me), NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 , MementoDei MementoDei , and Fume Fume . Feel free to ask away~

Last edited:
Ash

Ash had arrived to the town of Ruben, he noticed how lively this small village was and can see why many tourists and adventures make this there go to rest area. "The atmosphere reminds me of home." Ash commented with a warm grin, walking towards the adventurers guild Ash entered the building and walked straight to the reception stand. He cleared his throat and ask the lady at the counter, "Hello, my names Ash, i've come to check-in."

Writing everything down the receptionist handed Ash a key and a bag of ED, "This is your requested deposit from Bethma Headquarters, and your room key. The number will be 13, I hope you have a nice day and continue sponsoring our group!" she said with a smile. Ash nodded his head, as he made his way to the guild board first.​

Last edited:
The first thing Rena did when she stepped into the village was to take a deep breath. She closed her eyes and let her skin feel the cool breeze as it blew past her. But the tranquil smile on her face soon turned into a frown as she sensed a hint of dark energy in the air. It wasn't much but it was enough to sicken the young children in her village.

Yes, her village. The dark energy in this energy was causing harm to her village. Watching the lively children suddenly become ill broke her heart. She couldn't stand sitting around watching them suffer so had she asked the elder for permission to find the source behind the outbreak. The elder was more than happy to send her to the mortal world to find a cure.

Although she wasn't certain yet if this dark energy was the cause of the children's sickness, her instincts told her that the two were definitely connected. But before she could investigate further, she needed to first know where she was. Looking around, she spotted a tall man with a gentlemanly aura staring at a wooden board. She put on a bright smile and walked toward him.

"Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me where this is?"

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Ash

Ash turned around, looking down at the elf girl with long green hair, mumbling Ash stared at her.

"The energy you release is pure, it's purity is brighter than most of the air in here."
Bowing a bit Ash tipped his hat, "The names Ash, an Adventurer from Bethma. What is it your trying to find?" Ash asked, being able to see the rush in the elf lady's face.
ChibiSkye ChibiSkye

Last edited:
Rena blinked in surprise at the man's first statement. She was a shocked that this stranger was able to sense the abnormality in this village. She recalled that the elder had mentioned that some mortals had a special affinity for nature. What luck she had that she found one so fast! A hint of curiosity twinkled behind her eyes as she chuckled softly.

"Why, thank you for the compliment, sir Ash. I came in search of the source of this dark energy. Do you have an idea of where it is coming from?"

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Last edited:
Ash
Ash rubbed his chin while looking at the board, "When I was in Bethma the reason for the dark energy was a madman who was resurrecting dead soldiers and using them as his own personal army. The last time I visited this village the air was smooth, nobody notices but I can tell there energy is being drained slowly." Pointing at a sheet on the wall labeled Tree of El: Adventurers wanted, "This is where I think the problem is, the local chief of the village wants adventurers to find missing children. This tree is the source of purity of the village, if the purity is slowly fading, this area must be the source." Ash said while pulling off the sheet of paper. Ash walked to the receptionist, "How may I help you Mr. Ash?" she asked, "I would like to participate in this request."​

Last edited:
Rain
Rain was exhausted. When she saw the peaceful town seemingly floating in a space all of its own, she wonders if it's paradise.

Cautiously entering the small town, there were people instantly turned to her direction. Her light and graceful steps wavered as the stares and murmurs invaded her ears. She heard comments about her dress, but she trekked on, hoping that the inn would give her a room.

She walked into the adventurer's guild and found two people, a boy and a girl, talking about dark energy. She quietly walked past them and asked the receptionist for a room.

"Sorry, but you don't have enough to stay for the night."

Dejected, Rain only apologized and bowed to her. She then turns to the boy and girl again, and nervously, she approached them.

"Hello, do you have 400 ED I can borrow? I am very weary and my funds unfortunately have been depleted."

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 ChibiSkye ChibiSkye

Ruben village.

The village was fairly small, to the teen's eyes, yet full of friendly villagers who greet anyone walking by. Though his eyes were mostly set on a large tree just up ahead, admiring on how it towers high above. He was mostly here to check out the tree, or what they called it, the El Tree. For what reason? Well, just to admire it. He seen large trees before but the El Tree might take the cake for being the largest tree in the continent.

"Komodo, you see that?" Xavier asked quietly. His hoodie shifted behind him and out crawled a small red scale dragon. The dragon, Komodo, comfortably wrap himself around Xavier's shoulders, his tail gently going around his neck at a comfortable grip for the boy. His small wings stretched open to release the stiff muscles, letting out a small yawn. He lifted his head up to look up at the tree and Xavier can feel his excitement. "Pretty, ain't it? You can tell something is missing here though..."

Before Xavier left on his own to seek out an adventure, his family warned him about enemies that may cross his path. It made him wary of whoever he ran into during his journey and always kept conversations cut short. So he really doesn't have much friends to travel with. Xavier doesn't mind it either way. He isn't so good at being sociable with others.

"There is definitely something odd about here though...not sure why they told me it's best to start journeying in the northern region of Lurensia. I guess we'll figure it out eventually," Xavier said in which his companion nodded his head in agreement. "How about you stretch yourself out in the forest? I'm going to take a look around here. I'll call you back when it's time to leave."

Komodo chirped in agreement and immediately he hopped off the teen and disappeared into the bushes that lead to the forest beyond the village. Xavier sighed lightly after his friend left him and went ahead to check out the village for anything that may be useful to him. He made sure his gloves was well equipped and his staff was still on him. It was a new area to explore for him.

Ash
Looking away from the receptionist, Ash turned to face the girl asking for money, "I willing to give some but all debts must be paid. Receptionist her bills are on me, but please make sure they aren't too heavy on my pocket." Ash smiled a little tipping his hat, after receiving his letter of approval for the request, "Elf Lady, if you want to know the truth you may tag along." Ash asked, standing in front of the Elf with long green hair.​

Last edited:
Rain
Feeling gratitude for the guy who is now paying for her room, Rain offered him a curtsy.
"Oh thank you. I do not know how to repay you, but I would like to offer assistance to your mission. I am able to heal any wounds you may get. I spent quite a bit of time in Feita taking care of the people there."

Looking over to the girl (elf, she corrects herself), Rain gave her a polite smile. They seemed like good people.

The ... truth?

Rena tilted her head questioningly at the gentleman. It seems that he knows something after all. She hesitated a bit, cautious of how much this man knew but in the end, she decided to follow him. As of now, he was the only clue she had to the dark energy. Plus, he doesn't seem to be a bad person, seeing how he had just generously lent money to a young girl.

She smiled kindly at the girl.

"My apologies, I was going to lend you some but the kind gentleman spoke up first. You seem to be rather young to be travelling alone. But as for whether or not you can come with us..."

She glanced toward Ash. Truthfully, she wanted to avoid bringing along such young girl. She had a soft spot for children and the last thing she wanted to do was to drag an innocent child onto a dangerous journey. But since the girl herself had offered to join, she could only leave the decision up to the gentleman.

"I'm afraid that's up to him."

Heavengiver Heavengiver NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Ash
He was surprised to hear that a healer came out this far, "By any chance are you with the Adventurer guild in Feita? Or are you just a roamer?" Ash asked the girl who he had just offered to pay her room, Then he looked back at the elf lady and the girl he just helped, "I didn't get your names either." Ash said​
ChibiSkye ChibiSkye Heavengiver Heavengiver

Last edited:
Rain
The elf was looking at her with worry.

"Understandable, but this is nothing to what is happening to the people out there."

Turning back to the man, she has to take a few seconds to think about his question.

"When I landed in Feita, I was a roamer at first. A kind family took me in, and I repaid them by healing their only son. They thought my skills were invaluable, and so I was recruited by the adventurer's guild to help them with the wounded. But one day, the guild heard rumors about a town who is unaware of the demons and the outside world, and so they wanted me to go and investigate. As to why they picked me...the situation is really bad over there. No one can leave without being hoarded by demons. I had my fair share of close calls on my way here."

Sensing that what she said is going to worry the elf more, Rain throws her another reassuring smile.

"Do not worry. I must repay my debts, and healing is the only thing I can do. So please, let me come with you."

Remembering his other question, she clumsily says, "Oh and my name is Rain."

ChibiSkye ChibiSkye NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Ash
At the mention of demons Ash, unleashed a heavy aura of rage while keeping a calm composure, as quickly as it came it left and Ash looked at the girl.
"So the demons are returning huh."
Ash thought to himself, he quickly brushed off the idea, "It's good that the guild is helping out then. Also your assistance will very much be appreciated. Receptionist add this adventurer to my party please." Ash spoke as he looked back and forth between the two. "Lady Rain has been added to your party mister, as well as the Elf Rena from whom we received a recommendation for." Ash nodded his head, "Well then, when everyone is ready please meet me in the town outskirts of Noah's Lake." Ash said as he headed for his room.​

Last edited:
Rena heaved a mental sigh at the girl's story. She was worried that the girl had ran away from a horrible family and was forced to journey a long distance alone. Knowing that the girl had no such experience relieved her. She felt a strong urge to protect the young girl from harm.

"If you really want to come with us, then we'll be glad to welcome you. I'm Rena. An elf searching for the source of this village's dark energy. And this is young man is Ash."

She turned toward the gentleman only to find that he had already left. With an embarrassed smile, she turned back to the girl.

"Shall we rest a bit before we continue on our journey then?"

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 Heavengiver Heavengiver

Ash
Ash in his room takes his hat off, brushing his hair up to reveal his eyes, lifeless. "It's been far too long since I had companions that seem to know what they are doing." Ash quickly ate some food he ordered, changed to a nice cleaner black suit. "Time to wait then." Putting his hat back on Ash began to walk downstairs.​

Last edited:
Rain
"Yes. Let's do that, Rena."

Saying goodnight to the elf, Rain walked into the small and plain room and placed her possessions on the table. She knew she didn't have much. She eyes the small gold sword keychain that she always had since she could remember.

"I don't remember why I have this or why it's so important to me."

She stares at it a few more moments before crashing onto the bed.

"When was the last time I slept in a bed this comfy?"

Her body and mind surrenders to the allure of sleep, and her dreams consist of an unknown boy holding her close in his embrace.

"Good night, Rain. Sweet dreams."

Rena waved after the girl and watched her until she disappeared into her room. She then turned and headed toward the forest. Being an elf, she was accustomed to living in the forest. She liked being surrounded by nature.

She walked around the forest for a while before she spotted a suitable tree. She warmed up with a few leg stretches and jumped, bouncing from branch to branch until she reached the top. A bird chirped at her questioningly.

"Oops, sorry to bother you so late. I hope you don't mind if I stay for a night."

The bird chirped a response.

"Thank you."

She leaned back and stared up at the night sky. Luckily, there were only a few clouds in the sky tonight. She gazed at the stars for a long time, thinking about the events that had happened today. With a sigh, she closed her eyes.

Tomorrow feels like the beginning of a long story.

Xavier got a good look around of Ruben village, noticing how friendly the villagers seem to be here. He checked by the small shops they have just to see what they have and often listened to other people's conversations. Even though nothing much was happening in this small village, he can't help but enjoy the nature that surrounds it, tall trees with rich brown bark and vibrant green leaves. He had to appreciate what mother nature can to do the world.

After awhile, getting himself some food to eat, Komodo came running back to Xavier. The small beast dodged around the villagers and scurried up on the teen. Xavier was a bit surprised at Komodo's rush. He swallows his chewed food and look at Komodo who nestled his head comfortably on the crook of his neck as the rest of the body was tucked in the hoodie.

"Welcome back. Found something?" Xavier asked his friend before taking another bite out of his sandwich.

Komodo only gave a low growl and gestured his head towards the exit of the village, in which Xavier know that there was a lake up ahead. Without saying a word, Xavier got up from where he sat and briskly thanked the shop keeper for the food, giving the man the money for it. Xavier made his way towards the exit, trying to finish up his sandwich as he walked.

Lake Noah.

Xavier stared at the beautiful scenery, taking it all in slowly. The way the water shimmer under the warm sunlight, the warm breeze blowing by, and listening how lively the birds were...it reminded him a bit of home. Komodo hopped off of Xavier after awhile, gliding down to the ground and sticking his head into the tall grass nearby. Komodo flew back then, Xavier moving his head back to avoid getting smacked by the wings as they fold. In Komodo's mouth was an el shard.

"Heh! Nice find," Xavier praised him, holding the el shard in his hand before putting it away in a pouch. He gently scratched under Komodo's chin in which he received a affectionate growl.

Outskirts Ruben Village

Under the cover of the trees, a small entourage made it's way towards the huge tree, name 'The tree of El'. The trip from Feita towards this place was grueling, trying to hide themselves from the humans and avoiding any interaction with them.

It had not been a pleasant one, but they already knew it. Their objective was clear and their goal even clearer, race to the stone, take it and bring it back. A clean and easy job.

Though, it seems they weren't the only ones to want the prize, as thieves of any kind scurry lowly to catch easy prey.

"Are we close or not, rookie?" The wolf beast asked towards the odd person on the back.

"Close. A day or two and we'll be there. But these lowlifes are going to be a pain if they flutter about their mouths on us." He pointed towards the thieves.

"Don't worry about them, they're being taken care of." He replied back, while hearing the faint cries of the recently deceased.

"Good. That'll make it easier to deal with. You two agree?" He asked his weapons. They cling and clack at him, responding his question. "They say to keep your eyes still pealed, never know when they can catch our trail."

"That is good advice. Make sure that our tracks are gone!" He ordered the soldiers under his command.

"Yes, Sir!"

Last edited:
"Rookie, let's go! We can't stay for long!" One of the soldiers yelled as they continued with their track.

"Mhmm..." He responded quickly, before ending the thieves life and covering his tracks, heading his chains advice.

"What about the bodies?"
He asked in case of someone stumbling upon them.

"Don't worry about them. They'll just see a charred corpse and then they'll blame the big one." The soldier replied while putting a small black stone on top of the body of the masked person. Soon, it was enveloped with flames, but not smoke came out of it.

"Good plan. Let's move up." He told the people on the back, while following the wolf creature.

Though, there was a nagging sensation on him that told him something was watching them. That was quickly out his mind once he realized that it was a regular Phoru.

"Lets check out the El Tree. We're bound to find something interesting up there," Xavier said to Komodo. The red dragon nodded his head in agreement and yet gave Xavier a wary look. He knew what it meant, causing him to dig into his pouch and taking out an el shard. "Right, we might run into trouble."

Xavier gently tapped the el shard into the orb of his gloves. Immediately they reacted, the orb lighting up and he let the el shard get absorbed. The orb was brought to life as it absorbed the el shard, shining different colors. He took the time to check his other hand as it was having the same effect. Already he can feel the new energy forming.

Wasting no time, Xavier went on his way to check out the El Tree, hoping to not be disappointed. Though there was a nagging feeling that there might be others who are reaching for the El Tree as well. Not like he was planning to be the first one there anyways.

Her arrival at the Forest's in the middle of the night's cover didn't bother her. Since that day, she had not felt hunger nor fatigue. As cursed as her existence was, it was one of the many advantages she could still feel from the Dark El's influence. Stepping into the dense forest she had travelled through at least five times before brought to her dulled senses an enhanced acuity she had not felt since she had crossed Altera's border.

It was not a good sign; she knew that for mere mortals, this was the worse poison they could inhale. The change was not as dramatic as Velder or Feita, but it only confirmed that the plague that the demons had activated was swallowing the whole continent faster than she had once thought. The rustle of a tree's leaves alerted her. Assuming they were bandits, she sent one of her multiple runic-created observation golems to fly towards the direction of the sound. Old habits died hard; she had nothing to fear from those bandits, but she thought to herself that given the known purity of the El here, those bandits could carry weapons enhanced by an exceptionally pure El; bothersome weapons that weakened her more than her Reality Marble.

To her surprise, her golem returned unharmed, allowing her to take back all the energy of the runes which had brought it to life and see exactly what it had seen.

"A forest Elf, how rare." she thought.

Lara sat down and laid her back on an old tree's bark to contemplate the weirdness of her surroundings. If a forest elf was so far away from her village, it meant that some important events were happening in Ruben. Either way, she never entered a town before knowing beforehand who was in it and what they were looking for. She created three more small golems and modified the runes slightly so they would not alert mages and be invisible to mortal eyes.

Now, the only thing left was to wait.

"Well, well. Let's see who is gathered here." she muttered to herself as the three of her puppets came back to her hands after some hours.

A group of bandits lurking in the forest, a young healer, an animal trainer of sorts, and two fighters gathered around the village. Both fighters had rather peculiar weapons: A rare armor for the first and cursed chains for the other. The chains were not so different from her own daggers. She touched the necklace Sasha had given to her. The four carvings on the El stone at the centre of the silver chains were the only things that kept her conscience away from fusing with the destructive instincts of the El. As she drew invisibility runes on her cloak, she couldn't help but to be reminded on what her lost of control had caused before. It had never happened again, but that lingering fear still accompanied her. The sooner the El was purified, the better it will be for her.

She hadn't asked for that kind of existence, and it will be better if she returned to what she was supposed to be by now.

When she was done, she activated the runes and travelled through the forest to follow the traces of some bandits her golems had detected directly to the east. Whoever they were, they probably knew the whereabouts of the El. It would be faster if she enhanced her speed, but that wouldn't be as discreet, and would probably alert the Chain man's attention. There could be more movement around the area, considering how the man had slaughtered the thieves.

Ash
Ash clicked his tongue as he examined the dead corpses of the thieves, "More of a reason to investigate the El Tree." Ash looked up at the sky seeing the darkness of the night, pouring power into his fist Ash slammed it harder down in the ground causing a light quake as he began to dig a hole for the dead. "Rest In Peace even if you where thieves you had your reasons as a human being."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back