• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Kobe Nathan Wade

One Thousand Club
1608616835606.png

Year 4044, Planet Super Mechana in the Metrodromida Galaxy.

1608617186212.png

The human race has moved on to the cosmos, a bustling civilization spanning across galaxies. Technology is advanced so as to be unrecognizable next to Magic. This is because it is the Magic which powers it. Humans realized shortly after the time of the first power rangers emerging from the shadows in the early 1990s that there was something which rules the universe other than mathematics and physics. Governments across the globe harnessed the scraps left behind by the devastating battles taking place between titans over the many reincarnations of Power Rangers teams. Eventually, the Power Rangers SPD was formed which organized the power of Morphing alongside peacekeeping organizations. One thing they could not control, however, was who the morphing powers chose. It is always aligned with the forces of justice and truth, and cannot be harnessed in whole. Humanity have developed warp gates, planet sized cities like Super Mechana, and even managed to weaponize the same magic harnessed from that which powers the morphing phenomenon on some scale. It has gotten them millions of years ahead in progress exploring the universe than electricity or science alone ever did. One thing mere mortals cannot, however, influence is the source of that power at it's core. Because of this, those chosen by the power are treated as peacekeepers with special roles and diplomatic immunities in governments within the NEON treaty. It is unheard of for any hero chosen by the Power Ranger's mantle to turn down this role, if not after a little convincing by the community.

Despite it's status in this altruistic future society, the role of Power Ranger is not a light burden to bear. You are all in one a full time PR representative, police officer, detective, and the last line of defense against the actual forces of darkness. You have only your team to lean on, as well as your deadly unstable magical powers which no one knows how to master as every generation the power changes fundamentally; not to mention it's uniqueness from person to person. It is the mark of a hero, and the weight of the world as well.

Currently one ranger has been chosen by the abilities of the Red Ranger. Jason Windsor, a former member of the SDF who handle Magic-related crimes. He has singlehandedly been dealing with all of the interdimensional beings who seem to be converging upon Super Mechana as of the past year and a half. A self proclaimed "witch," Named Rita has been having her followers commit petty crimes seemingly at random, and distributing magical boons to gang members and thieves all around the planet-size city. One man, even with superpowers, is simply not enough. He was overwhelmed, and beginning to lose hope that any other rangers would appear to aid him, when one night four neon beams of light erupted around the districts, beacons to Jason's failing spirit. He set about personally inviting them when possible, encouraging them to accept the responsibility and help him in defense of humanity's greatest settlement in the stars.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! I'm a returning player to the site, and my previous roleplay didn't pan out quite like I planned. I thought I'd put a little more effort into this one and see if I can summon up a few good writers.

Rules: Other than site rules, I do have a few expectations for this story as I'd like it to be a constructive experience for everyone involved.

1. Even though the source content is admittedly juvenile, I do plan on having some 18+ themes such as; crime, drugs, violence, and psychological manipulation. As such I would feel most comfortable if all of my participants were as well.

2. Somewhat relating to rule one, I have a pretty well thought out and detailed story planned. As such I'd like people capable of decent detail and imagination to join. At least a well put together paragraph of writing during casual posts with potential for a couple during higher-drama scenes. Let's work together to make something interesting to read, yeah?

3. I love combat. I practice jiu jitsu in my free time, and love to watch good martial arts on tv as well as write it myself. My biggest pet peeve in supposed "Action" roleplay has always been when combat scenes extend as far as "He swung with a barrage of punches, she blocks and counterattacks." I'm not asking you to go join a boxing gym or practice wrestling on the weekends like I do, but watch a fight breakdown or two, look up what different martial arts specialize in what. Your readers, namely me, will thank you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Capping out at five as is tradition for the franchise, with potential for a green or white ranger added later if the rp lasts long enough.

Red: Me, Dragon of the Red Dwarf Star
Blue: shadowstrikr25 shadowstrikr25 Hydra of the Blue Wormhole
Yellow: Princess Roomba Princess Roomba
Pink: Ace Cream Ace Cream Carbuncle of the Pink Nebula
Black: VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator Minotour of the Black Eclipse

No color is gender specific and every character has the opportunity to find their own face claim for what their armor and powers look like (and do), as well as out of the suit of course.

Martial arts and fighting isn't necessarily going to be the whole focus of the rp. I like a pacifist character as much as the next guy, and I feel like five is the perfect friend group size in an rp, plus who doesn't love a good romance arc?

Last edited:
I'm not crazy into power ranger lore but haven't their individual powers at some point been elemental? Im pretty sure it was the super samurai one that had them have elemental powers, but what powers do you intend to have in general also what theme are we going for, Dinosaurs like in Dino Thunder or Jungle Beasts or vehicles etc etc

I'm not crazy into power ranger lore but haven't their individual powers at some point been elemental? Im pretty sure it was the super samurai one that had them have elemental powers, but what powers do you intend to have in general also what theme are we going for, Dinosaurs like in Dino Thunder or Jungle Beasts or vehicles etc etc

Im thinking magical creatures since the whole thing is going to be magitech based; centaurs, dragons, etc but with a space twist. My red ranger might be "dragon of the red dwarf star." A black ranger could be a "black hole cyclops." Your abilities can be elemental but it's not necessary. Leaving a lot of freedom for the powers so everyone can get creative.

Oooooo
Well you took the coolest one Dragon but...tbh I've always been a sucker for raw physical powerhouses so Minotaur for me
Im thinking magical creatures since the whole thing is going to be magitech based; centaurs, dragons, etc but with a space twist. My red ranger might be "dragon of the red dwarf star." A black ranger could be a "black hole cyclops." Your abilities can be elemental but it's not necessary. Leaving a lot of freedom for the powers so everyone can get creative.

VolcanicAccelerator VolcanicAccelerator it depends on what you mean by firepower. He has combat and magical experience, but being a ranger will be new to all of us. The rangers will all have enhanced strength, speed, and senses as per being a power ranger, and I like that one should be the fastest, another the strongest, etc. So Black can definitely lift more and punch harder, but maybe Red can fight at max power for longer and has better technique? Seems like an even trade.

Got an idea for a weapon yet? I think plasma as a loose theme is a good guideline. I'm also not opposed to them having second, or even third forms if you're willing to rp gaining the experience to do so. I'll put together an ooc so we can talk more about it there and not clutter up the ic

Attachments

• 1608683140767.png
    1608683140767.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Power Ranger, but space opera? Nice, I'm interested to be the pink ranger!
Hell yeahhhhh friendo go join the OOC to discuss your character ideas. I don't have all the lore quite put together so we can't write our whole character sheet but we can certainly start. First step would be to decide your mythical creature to represent your character's magic and also be your title. I'll reserve your spot on the list though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back