• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Power Rangers, anyone? *crickets*

PenBlade1326

The Faint Light In The Dark Tunnel Of Life
Hi all,
I have been active on this site since 2014. Since 2015 I've been active in a Power Rangers rp that's still going strong and nearing its narrative end soon. It's nerdy, it's fun, and its something anybody can get into! :) Now I'm more into voice/Discord RP and DnD, especially after watching a lot of stuff from Hyper RPG. Hint.
I propose a Power Rangers DnD session game, named Power Rangers V.S.X.! A team about not one, but two teams of Rangers. Cops and robbers, taking inspiration and adaptations from Kaito Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger. Super Sentai is what Power Rangers comes from, for any who don't know! This series is yet to be adapted into PR and I'd like to take a crack at it via DnD. I have my story laid out and my ideas fleshing, but it's up to six of you lovely people to fill an essential role. The Power Rangers. Hey, someone has to wear the suits ; Two opposing teams, the same goal, similar gear, yet rivaling one another. I will go more into detail soon, but know that along two teams rivaling one another there will be times where they work together, nearly kill each other, perhaps fall in love, and in the end they will join forces with the help of one(?) newcomer. For those who know sentai, they'll get the (?) I threw in. Maybe? hehe

The game is on discord, and I have the off-site ad in place, but the thread doesn't seem to be checked by users a lot so I popped this here, too. If I shouldn't, mods feel free to let me know and I'll remove it or let you guys remove it. I respect all site rules and wouldn't wanna cause a fuss! <3 I love this site so much, it's gotten me through bad times.

I have confidence in my GMing ability after years of the written style. Dice are still newer to me so be patient. I'm a fast learn, however. Already getting up to speed. And I'm an aspiring author so there's some hope for the story to be interesting enough for even the nostalgia-only PR fans to get into! I'm just tossing the idea out, so far. PM me for questions on what Sentai is, how the game will work, anything you want to know about anything! :) I try to respond as quick as possible :)

'Thieves to steal back the collection and have their wishes granted
Police putting their lives on the line for world peace'
Whose side are you on?

And to maybe draw you in with pretty colors... Here are the Rangers!
VSX.jpg

I was once considering making a roleplay for this series but didn't want to be in the person in charge. As long as no voice stuff is needed I would be interested. Have random image from the episode the cops got gender swapped by a monster.

1569975536453.png

I was once considering making a roleplay for this series but didn't want to be in the person in charge. As long as no voice stuff is needed I would be interested. Have random image from the episode the cops got gender swapped by a monster.

View attachment 632337
Ideally on discord we’d work through voice but it isn’t a 100% must to speak. To be determined lol
Ohh I loved that episode. Not many did. If anything seeing Keichiro in a wig made me laugh too much. This episode may get adapted for one session, in fact xD

I haven't seen the sentai but I do know about the gold and silver ranger. Like with Ilikepie voice would be difficult for me since I don't have the tech for it. Finally getting together might be a hassle due to timezones, I'm in UST+2 AKA CEST I hope that isn't a problem.

I haven't seen the sentai but I do know about the gold and silver ranger. Like with Ilikepie voice would be difficult for me since I don't have the tech for it. Finally getting together might be a hassle due to timezones, I'm in UST+2 AKA CEST I hope that isn't a problem.
If techs the issue I use my smartphone in place of a headset with a mic but voice isn’t a 100% must I suppose.
More the merrier :)

if you roll a 100 on a d100 Zyuoh the world will appear to defeat the enemy grunts and then run off into the background complaing about the lack of a Kyuranger vs Zyuohger movie copying his appearance in the lupinranger vs Patranger vs Kyuranger movie.

if you roll a 100 on a d100 Zyuoh the world will appear to defeat the enemy grunts and then run off into the background complaing about the lack of a Kyuranger vs Zyuohger movie copying his appearance in the lupinranger vs Patranger vs Kyuranger movie.
Never will I allow Misao into my campaign, the little fuck xDD
But I dig the insight to Sentai

Kyuranger would be fun to adapt as well, but with a large a team as that it’d be a while before considering xD

I've been in love with Power Rangers for the longest time. Unfortunately I haven't seen any of Super Sentai, but I've watched from Mighty Morphin to Lightspeed Rescue, Wild Force through Dino Thunder (my favorite), Jungle Fury, and then Samurai. I'm working to watch every season I just haven't had the time. Currently re watching Lightspeed so I can jump into Time Force (even though it's not required to watch them in order after the end of Lost Galaxy). I've never had the opportunity to play DnD or anything like it so I don't understand how all of that works when it comes to dice, turns, etc. But if you're willing to teach me and/or be patient as I learn, I'd love to join!

I've been in love with Power Rangers for the longest time. Unfortunately I haven't seen any of Super Sentai, but I've watched from Mighty Morphin to Lightspeed Rescue, Wild Force through Dino Thunder (my favorite), Jungle Fury, and then Samurai. I'm working to watch every season I just haven't had the time. Currently re watching Lightspeed so I can jump into Time Force (even though it's not required to watch them in order after the end of Lost Galaxy). I've never had the opportunity to play DnD or anything like it so I don't understand how all of that works when it comes to dice, turns, etc. But if you're willing to teach me and/or be patient as I learn, I'd love to join!
If you’re looking for good seasons I’d go with RPM and Time Force.
Yoooooo you should look at Sentai! It’s so good, most of it beats out PR and there are way more teams xD I can even recommend a few good seasons pre-MMPR

The system of gameplay should be fairly simple, it’d be fun to teach you! It’s easy to pick up :)
You’d be super welcome among the group!

Silly enough my first sentai was Gokaiger which is full of references to the 34 seasons before it with at least one returning ranger from each season making a returning appearance. It's power rangers counterpart super megafail was terrible and was a weird adoption of both goseiger and gokaiger that failed hard at being an anniversary season despite using the Gokaiger footage for 18 of it's 40 episodes.

If you’re looking for good seasons I’d go with RPM and Time Force.
Yoooooo you should look at Sentai! It’s so good, most of it beats out PR and there are way more teams xD I can even recommend a few good seasons pre-MMPR

The system of gameplay should be fairly simple, it’d be fun to teach you! It’s easy to pick up :)
You’d be super welcome among the group!
Yes! If you have any reccomendations for Sentai I’d be down to watch it. Not sure how I’d watch them but I’d find a way. But if you’d have me I’d love to be apart of the group!!

Silly enough my first sentai was Gokaiger which is full of references to the 34 seasons before it with at least one returning ranger from each season making a returning appearance. It's power rangers counterpart super megafail was terrible and was a weird adoption of both goseiger and gokaiger that failed hard at being an anniversary season despite using the Gokaiger footage for 18 of it's 40 episodes.
That’s the only reason I want to watch Megaforce, because of all the returning characters. But I know for a fact that the newer power rangers ran by Nickelodeon is definitely a mega-fail like you said.

BrokenRemedy BrokenRemedy If you don't already know it, you might be interested in History of Power Rangers. Also huge coincidence but I'm in the middle of seeing jungle fury for the first time
Also thanks! I’ll probably look over that today :) Also jungle fury is sooo good, it was definitely one of my favorites before I started watching MMPR.

Yes! If you have any reccomendations for Sentai I’d be down to watch it. Not sure how I’d watch them but I’d find a way. But if you’d have me I’d love to be apart of the group!!

That’s the only reason I want to watch Megaforce, because of all the returning characters. But I know for a fact that the newer power rangers ran by Nickelodeon is definitely a mega-fail like you said.

Also thanks! I’ll probably look over that today :) Also jungle fury is sooo good, it was definitely one of my favorites before I started watching MMPR.
I’ll start us a group chat if you guys want! I’ll wait until after work to do it tho. Sentai I recommend Gokaiger as a starter, Kyuranger if you wanna be dazzled and Lupinranger VS Patranger if you want to see what this RP is based on ;)

I revisit Gokaiger every couple of months just to get in a good groove. It’ll always be in the top 5

How many of you are open to a voice style Discord play system? Just wondering, it isn’t set in stone :)

I think they are saying that if it was an RP on RPN, then it would get more traffic. Plus, the section of the site for discord chats is in the offsite section

I think they are saying that if it was an RP on RPN, then it would get more traffic. Plus, the section of the site for discord chats is in the offsite section
There's that, plus I'd rather cut off my arms, gauge out my own eyes, or whatever than deal with the abomination known as discord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back