Experiences Post your cringiest RP memories! READ DISCLAIMER

I used to have a boyfriend who'd just text me out of blue - I would have found it cute if he wasn't like, 25.

My ex still does it, like every sentence too, its less cringey when you're in a relationship with the said person, being their ex makes it extremely cringey.

I am very thankful, though it brings back memories and I feel like I've seen "*nuzzles*" more than any human being ever should in my role playing life
I think we've all seen nuzzles one too many times in our rp lifetime.

Hmm, I remember 12 year old me doing roleplays on WolfQuest where everyone was a wolf. I just randomly joined groups and started every roleplay with *sniffs air*... Geez, cringing so hard XD. WolfQuest is supposed to be an educational game god.

oh god. back when i was like, 12 or so i think? i used to always rp in first person. using self inserts. with the same name as me. except they would all be too pure for this world woobies who were never given enough freedom or some other bs. dark days man, dark days

I uh, used to be a part of this website called 'Miiverse', had about over 600 followers. For those who didn't know about Miiverse from when I first joined, it used to be this place filled with kids, preteens, and teenagers alike who all remained in three different categories, one of which, was the roleplay community. I was the, "I will murder your entire family if you stop staring at my character" type of person. These were the days.. I did my best to bury this up. What's a better way to bury up an old tragedy than showing it to a bunch of internet strangers? Eh? Ehhhhh? Here's some highlights, if you want more gold, go through my profile. These are my most shameful times, I wish this wasn't a thing. Sent a lot of posts to the abyssal depths of hell a long time ago but some posts still remain, unfortunately:

My favorite: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnpgq7rVQ
Edge fest: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqF43-cM7w

Pt. 1: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlpyj8lVQ
Pt. 2: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlPZ-OmKw

Some people also deleted their messages, pretty self explanatory as to why

Last edited:
Oh man... My friends and I used to RP through text for a while. we cut that out a few years ago. We would play ourselves. If that's not bad enough, we'd "asterisk action asterisk" our way through the story. And we were both super overpowered. Let's make a list of some of the things I had:
-The Monado from Xenobalde chronicles, and by extension, future vision
- pins from the world ends with you, so elemental controll
- A PET from Megaman Battle Network, so I could basically hack into anything.
- A persona, from persona.
- I could also invent stuff. Not on the fly, but like I was super skilled in technology or something.
And my friend to be honest had more:
- kinda immortal.
- a geass from code geass. I haven't seen the show personally, but from what I understand it let's you make someone do your bidding only once or something.
- also elemental control from pins.
- COULD TURN INTO A CAT ANAMORPHS STYLE FOR NO REASON.
- Was also Strider ryu? That got dropped quickly. I'm Fuzzy on that one anyway.
- Could turn super sayin, but instead of different numbers, or god forms, they were colors. (E.G. Super Sayin red, Blue, etc.)
- Could summon a persona from persona, too.
There is probably more I can't think of right now.

Basically we'd find ourselves in a location from some game and we'd write as we went. We did this for a while until we kept repeating plots, and ended up abruptly ending it.
When we got older, we did some more, but like, we dropped all the op stuff. We were still doing the asterisk stuff though. Bleugh.

I didn't even mention my one friend who was a half demon half angel demi god who could summon undead anywhere. But that's a story for another day...
All in all, it was fun to mess around with a bunch of equally broken characters. But I wouldn't do it again. Please God no.

This kinda stuff that I may or may not have done.
"How did you get all the way from the other side of the city just a few SECONDS after I called you?!"
"I ran."
"Oh."

Not me, but someone had a 10 year old that kept getting into pointless trouble that did nothing for the plot but made them feel good about themselves? Idk. And then the kid somehow turned back into a baby... then the user proceeded to reveal that the character was a "minor God," related to Zeus, and the brother of Jesus. Yeah, it probably made sense in their mind but it made me feel like an absolute idiot for not knowing where this was going.

#2.5
Not me, but I've been approached by someone who got mad and called me out when I told them I didn't like edgelords.

Two 10 year olds jumped on a teenage boy and proceeded to drag things across him. In a testing facility. I cringe at myself by looking at this.

Posting on this thread to reflect on the cringe I have encountered.

I still use astricks or dashes to define actions from words along with qoutation marks, also the whole*hugs* thing... I dont mean to be cringy it's just to show I care.

My cringiest moment was when I joined my first minecraft roleplay server, it was medieval and a lot of fun till this guy came along and forced a relationship and a friend of mine got really upset about ic and oocly cause the guy wasnt that nice to her, they fought a lot and she got so pissy about him kissing my character when my character was trying to break up with him it caused a huge ooc fight and I left the server, I was going to talk to her icly about it but a mutual friend took screenshots of it and sent it to her before I had the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back