Experiences Post your cringiest RP memories! READ DISCLAIMER

Lunar

now i know how joan of arc felt
DISCLAIMER THIS IS NOT MEANT TO "SHAME" OTHER RPS OR RP INTERESTS, THIS IS JUST TO SHARE SOME FUNNY EXPERIENCES IN RPING

Sigh I remember i used to do one liner creepypasta romance rps gaaahhh i cringe at my 11 year old self.

download.png

I...

...my first character was this too cool for school edgegirl that hated people and was your typical tsundere that was mean to everybody. 12 year old Dilbert wasn't a good time.

I... My first character was in a group chat with a bunch of irl friends on Wattpad and I uh... Well, I did the whole "*hugs you*" thing... I have matured though and it was also about 5 years ago that I did it.

Good god, 8 year old AJ was extremely weird.

I remember in RPN i used to make god edgy characters that couldn't be killed. . . knowing now how much i pissed people off D:

Last edited:
I once did an SAO/ fallout crossover rp

Also the RPing I did on Siivagunner after the back room called it out. I was a Kerbal with a powerful laser rifle. I felt like such a sperg when they pointed it out

My only personal cringe was back when I was young. 10 or 11 - when "roleplaying" wasn't a thing, and we were just playing pretend. I didn't have grasp on "reasonable power levels" and godmodded the shit out of every character I played.

But other than that - I didn't really have a lot of personal cringe. Though I came here from a furry site, so I did end up getting caught up in other peoples' cringe from time-to-time. You're all just trying to have a good time playing a sensible demonic-possession adventure, it's a lovely rare opportunity where characters aren't eyefucking each other right off the bat, things look like they're going to be good, then BAM! Someone drags their pregnancy fetish into it.

I remember I used to have this character with no pupils, or something? (???) Naturally, he could still see and move around with no problems.

Then there was this one "hipster" character with a bizarre affection for opera. Just... why? XD

Ah yes I remember one time, this wasn't me, I extremely cringed when a guy came into a realistic rp i was in. . . with a literal copy of a Naruto character. He fought everyone and tried to summon some giant fox or some shit. The owner of the RP bailed and no one responded. So gg he ended a RP with one post.

Lyeo5weO.png

This wasn't me, but I once was in a RWBY rp and there was someone who made a literal COPY of Blake and all they did was change the last name, so I'm sitting over here with an OC just like "Hey, mate, that character already exists. Nice try, but you can't fool me." So I called them out on it and got reported because that person "Came up with the character themselves and didn't know Blake existed"

I used to run roleplay forums on fanfiction.net and... boy... the amount of kiddies you'd get with the most overpowered, underdeveloped characters gave me enough second-hand embarrassment (mainly because I know we've all been there... heh). Trying to find a polite way to explain to them why their character with guns for arms, lazer eyes, hair that cycled through the colours of the rainbow and eyes that could see through any surface didn't fit in with the Sherlock Holmes roleplay you were trying to moderate was... difficult.

This is purely my opinion but i find RPing on social media (facebook, youtube comments etc.) a little cringey to watch (though tumblr kinda is pretty stable with rping) I just dont like the idea of jumping into an RP in comments of a picture post or something, idk if its just me. (i know we've all done it at one points)

EX: The popular youtube sonic RP *teleports behind you* and *is just a hologram*

This is purely my opinion but i find RPing on social media (facebook, youtube comments etc.) a little cringey to watch (though tumblr kinda is pretty stable with rping) I just dont like the idea of jumping into an RP in comments of a picture post or something, idk if its just me. (i know we've all done it at one points)

EX: The popular youtube sonic RP *teleports behind you* and *is just a hologram*

I agree, there is NOTHING I find cringier than Facebook RPing. To be honest the whole *hugs* thing makes me cringe anyway, but yeah, Facebook RPing, not good. I had a brief stint in Tumblr RPing and I quite liked the image/gif aspects you can play with on there, like with a faceclaim? It's a fun challenge to try to find an appropriate gif or image :)

The most cringe thing I've ever done in RP myself was honestly an accident and caused by another person, back then I was way too nice and didn’t want to hurt people's feelings so if your character wanted to be in a relationship with mine, I'd pretty much go along with it, not that I was dying to do it but I didn't want them to feel bad so somehow I got roped into playing a game of kiss tag and it ended up being two pages of straight up kissing and nothing else...never again...never...again.

The most cringe thing I've ever done in RP myself was honestly an accident and caused by another person, back then I was way too nice and didn’t want to hurt people's feelings so if your character wanted to be in a relationship with mine, I'd pretty much go along with it, not that I was dying to do it but I didn't want them to feel bad so somehow I got roped into playing a game of kiss tag and it ended up being two pages of straight up kissing and nothing else...never again...never...again.

...I just git some secondhand cringe from just reading that

Yo check out 4chan, i've seen it quite a bit and look at my profile banner right now XD

That one friend everyone has that RPs while texting, just normal conversations.
(not really cringey depending on exactly what they do)
like //faceplams// stuff people do often, i meant the *hugs* shit

That one friend everyone has that RPs while texting, just normal conversations.
(not really cringey depending on exactly what they do)
like //faceplams// and stuff i do often
I can't stand those, because I always get confused like...what? :-_-lines:

I am very thankful, though it brings back memories and I feel like I've seen "*nuzzles*" more than any human being ever should in my role playing life
Cringes at self me two years ago....
(little more than two actually, around middle school so about. . . 5? idk im not gonna do the simple math)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back