• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Possible Roleplay Genres?

Obsidianserpent

Hey peeps! So there are a number of RP ideas that have been running through my head. I'm an experienced role-player, and when I do RPs, I put a lot of work into them and expect players to take them seriously. My RPs have a hint of a tabletop feel by implementing a very basic and easy to understand game mechanic (there are no dice, just a coin flip for example). You can create your own class and abilities etc., but there exists such a thing as skills, leveling up, acquiring new skills and items etc. With that said, here are some ideas that have been running through my head. I figured it would be more convenient to post all my ideas at once as opposed to posting each RP as a separate thread.

1. Aztec/Mayan themed Fantasy RP: This would be an RP set in a south american cultural setting and would incorporate something similar to azetc/mayan mythology. Characters would descend from outlying tribes or large ancient cities. You'd create your class by combining two specializations. These would include things like; Heavy Melee, Fast Melee, Ranged Combat, Priestcraft, Shamanism etc.
  2. North African/Arabic themed Fantasy RP: This would be similar to the Aztcec/Mayan themed fantasy, except it would take a place in a north African setting. The RP would be modeled after the culture and mythology of Morocco, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and tribal West Africa. If you've ever played Guild Wars Nightfall you'll get a basic idea of the setting.
  3. Japanese themed Fantasy RP: Again, this would be similar to the previous two, but would take place in 12-13th century or feudal Japan and would draw upon Shinto Mythology.
  4. Chinese themed Fantasy RP: This would be similar to the previous RPs except it would take place in an ancient Chinese setting and would draw upon Chinese Mythology.
  5. Game of Thrones/ASOIF Battle of Castle Black: For those of you familiar with the Song of Fire and Ice series (Game of Thrones), this RP would focus on the battle between the Wildlings and Castle Black. The players would take the side of the Wildlings, battling the crows the breach the Wall.

Anyways, I've come up with some basic story lines and settings for each of these RPs, and would love the chance to RP with you guys. Let me know if any of the above spark your interest.

Thanks peeps!

All of them sound great to me! I'm mostly interested about the Aztec/Mayan and Chinese themed, but I would rp in nearly all of them. I really hope more post here because it would be a relief to have these ideas form instead of what I usually see.

Really hoping these come to light!

Sweet! I'll keep you updated. I'll wait a bit to hear see what other people have to say, but I'm leaning toward an Aztec/Mayan fantasy RP or a North African one. With that said, I'd be able to create some cool storylines and worlds for any of them. So stay tuned! :)

I'd be interested in the Aztcec/Mayan or North African/Arabic. Though they all sound like they would be fun.

Okay peeps, North African Fantasy it is! I'm in the process of designing the RP and it should be really cool. This is a unique setting for fantasy and I've been wanting to explore it for a while. Stay tuned, I'll post the link soon :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back