• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon?

JoshuaJ

Would anyone be interested in a Pokemon RP? It'd be a typical plot - face the 8 gyms, elite 4, champion, and any foes that come up in your way. Though the deal is that what I want to aim for is that there's no identifiable plot, rather many little subplots carried out by different groups of RPers. You can start out in whatever region you want to and you can play as either a Pokemon trainer or just a Pokemon. There're more little rules too that'll be fleshed out when I make the RP, but either way the ideal plan is that this is a basic RP that I hope will last long.

Running an RP like this is a bit tricky.

With how big the world of Pokemon is, it's very tricky to run an RP where you can be in any region. RPs with very vivid end goals tend to lose direction and get a bit crazy and out of hand.

I recommend picking one region and guiding RPers towards the e4 and champion and such. Throwing in small plots for them to work with along the way. Otherwise, RPs like this tend to die and be unsuccessful. (from my past experiences)

(In regards to what @Check said)^^ Perhaps we could choose one region (through vote, or rp leader's choice). And make it so pokemon from any generation of games could be found, so that people aren't limited in that case.

That way, we know which badges that trainers are looking for, and we know which cities are around (and for contest trainers if it's implemented, it would work as well)

It would give the world a large, boundless feeling without everyone being in super different places, and leaving people's characters without interaction opportunities. :)

I'm interested, however why choose an existing region when you can also make a new one? I mean it would certainly be fun to explore a place completely made up, that way we can choose pokemon from all regions and no trouble what so ever, but we could also make our own made up pokemon, that are not too OP of course

[QUOTE="Flame Demon]I'm interested, however why choose an existing region when you can also make a new one? I mean it would certainly be fun to explore a place completely made up, that way we can choose pokemon from all regions and no trouble what so ever, but we could also make our own made up pokemon, that are not too OP of course

[/QUOTE]
I'm interested

[QUOTE="Flame Demon]I'm interested, however why choose an existing region when you can also make a new one? I mean it would certainly be fun to explore a place completely made up, that way we can choose pokemon from all regions and no trouble what so ever, but we could also make our own made up pokemon, that are not too OP of course

[/QUOTE]
Actually, I'm working on a Pokemon fanfiction that takes place in a new region (but with no Fakemon). Maybe I could put this RP on hold until the region is complete and instead have this RP take place there. Like Check had said, which opened my eyes a bit, it would be much easier and organized to have the RP take place in one region at a time. Though I'm really impatient and at this pace the story wont be complete for a long while, so right now I'm opening up to JohnNeko's idea, where we could have a vote between a few regions determining where the RP takes place and make it so every Pokemon could be encountered in that region as long as the locations make sense. That way everyone could get what they want and teams would be unique.

Thanks to everyone that replied, I'm sorry this is a really late reply. I saw that this forum was a inactive, I'm new, but I hate inactivity so I quit. I came back just to check up in case I got more replies, and I did. I'm even more motivated to make the RP now.

I'm very interested, and would like to use my charater as a Pokemon for anyone to claim if they're a trainer. I have a whole profile for him, but first, is this dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back