• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Unova (Roleplay Thread)

Pokémon Index
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Related Threads.
~Buck Gamble...~
~Rank: 99,987...~
~Buck Pokémon: Braviary/Marshal(M) lvl 55, Mudbray/Tony(M) lvl 13, /Bagon/Waylon(M) lvl 15...~
~Location: Unova, Cave of Being(Route 20)...~
~Interactions: N/A...~

As Buck had finished his pokémon training, he was just about to head out when a pokéranger had spoken to him and the duo initiated a pokémon battle. The Ranger had sent out two of his pokémon, a drilbur and a woobat. Buck's two pokémon, Tony and Waylon were ready to go. The donkey nervously trembled forward, and his flightless dragon charged forward ready to kill on sight.

The man gestured towards his drilbur first then his woobat.

"Lets start off and use scratch, drilbur! Aim for the mudbray! Woobat, use guat on the bagon!" He called out. Tony nearly fell back, but Buck was ready.

"Alright, Tony use iron defence, then hit it with a rock smash! Waylon, go for a dragon breath" Buck called out. As drilbur charged in, Tony shivered like a cold winter morning, but managed to find the strength to tense his muscles and use iron defence. He tanked the hit before delivering a hit in return. The woobat and bagon simultaneously attacked. The gust cut through the draconic flame, hitting bagic, but it didn't stop the dragon breath from engulfing the bat pokémon where it flew.

Drilbur - mud slap, rapid spin, scratch, hone claws, fury swipes, metal claw
Woobat - attract, gust, confusion, endeavor, air cutter

~Buck Gamble...~
~Rank: 99,987...~
~Buck Pokémon: Braviary/Marshal(M) lvl 55, Mudbray/Tony(M) lvl 13, /Bagon/Waylon(M) lvl 15...~
~Fourth of July f*** yeah, murica...~
~Location: Unova, Cave of Being(Route 20)...~
Buck.webp

As Buck had finished his pokémon training, he was just about to head out when a pokéranger had spoken to him and the duo initiated a pokémon battle.

As the battle raged on, the ranger looked at drilbur then woobat again.

"Drilbur, use mud slap! Woobat, use confusion!" He pointed at their targets.

"Tony, block drilbur's attack with your own mudslap! Then use bulldoze. Waylon, close the gap with headbutt!" Buck called out. As drilbur used mud slap, so too did Tony thus neither got hit. The mudbray stomped its feet and used bulldoze directed at drilbur. While this happened, Waylon charged, taking psychic head on. It hurt, and it felt a headache coming on, but it pushed through it without being confused and knocked woobat to the ground with a critical hit!

"Use hone claws then rapid spin, drilbur! Let's get an air cutter, woobat!"

"Use iron defence then double kick, Tony! Use leer then ember, Waylon!" Buck called out again. Drilbur slid it's long claws against each other before spinning towards its target. As may have been hit by Tony's attack, but it went high in the air, and with its momentum, it spun towards Tony, claws extended. The mudbray ran away nervously, but toughened up and as drilbur neared the donkey facing away from it, their attacks collided. The donkey kicks and drilbur rapid spin attack.

Woobat shuddered as the bagon stared it down before throwing an attack. With close proximity, it would hit point blank, but so to did Waylon's ember attack. All four of the pokémon were looking somewhat tired. For a moment, there was silence. Both trainers knew this battle wouldn't go much longer.

"You two got this. I believe y'all! Go gettem! Use rock smash Tony, use dragon breath Waylon!" Buck called out. The ranger cocked his head back.

"Use metal claw, Drilbur. Use endeavor, woobat" all four pokémon went in, and in the end, only a scared whimpering donkey stood there shakily. It was a good thing the ranger was kind enough to heal all the pokémon. Buck thanked him and Buck continued his journey, leaving the cave. Next stop, Virbank City!

~Buck Gamble...~
~Rank: 99,9869...~
~Buck Pokémon: Braviary/Marshal(M) lvl 55, Mudbray/Tony(M) lvl 18, /Bagon/Waylon(M) lvl 19...~
~Location: Unova, Route 20, Virbank City...~
Buck.webp

After a leap over the river separating Buck from continuing his path down route 20, it was right up his alley to battle a couple more trainers before reaching his next town location. His pokémon could use the training before the next gym. A dog trainer sporting a lillipup, a rockruff and a growlithe. A bird trainer with a powerful tranquill and finally a construction worker with three timburr. As they trained, Tony even learned a new move, stomp!

The eager cowboy arrived at Virbank City to the sight of large warehouses, cranes, the smell of the ocean and the sounds of the pokémon that travelled the ocean blue. It was a change of pace from his farm, and the towns he had previously been to. This wasn't his first time to Virbank City, but he hadn't been there since he was a small fry. Just as he was about to cross the bridge, a bull horn roared and the bridge slowly began to lift!

"What in the ass end of the distortion world is going on?! Can't even cross the bridge without shit happenin', confoundit!" Buck yelled in surprise.

"Hmph! Well excuse you! talking like that in public, the decency!" An older woman overheard Buck.

"You can mind your own common courtesy decency, coming around here pitching a hissy it with a tail on it, now mind your own or fuck off ya banshee bitch" Buck replied. The woman was so angry her face nearly turned red, she huffed.

"...Why you!" She angrily turned before leaving. Buck squinted his eyes as she left, and adjusted his hat in triumph. As soon as the bridge was funny down, he made his way across. He wasn't going to make his only impression a bad one. Though as far as Buck was concerned, it was all her fault anyways. Relief met Buck's face, as he saw the red roof of the pokécenter. Nurse Joy was inside and he got his pokémon healed. As he left, he made his way down the road again, and noticed a girl playing a guitar with a patrat by her side. He had heard that the gym leader in town was a rocker girl named Roxie. Buck didn't know what she looked like, but this was as good as any opportunity to ask. The worst she can do is say no, right...?

"You must be Roxie, I reckon I'm here to get your gym ba-" Buck walked over to the girl, and showed his first gym badge. Before he could finish his sentence, the girl looked at him with a mixture of confusion and and annoyance.

"Wait, wait, wait... Did ya just call me Roxie, now? Do ya just think every chick with a guitar is Roxie, now" The girl was interrupted by Buck now.

"Yeah well, I ain't never heard of no rocker chick not named Roxie, so who'er you?" Buck commented.

"Ain't never, what? What the fuck does that mean?! It's not of your business who I am!" The rocker shot back.

"Well sorry. Just my luck, run into the angriest lady in town, lady's meaner than a wet liepard. If ya didn't know who Roxie was, that's all ya had to say" Buck crossed his arms, and tilted his hat back.

"Of course I know who she is, ya wanker! She's the gym leader in town here, if you'd open your eyes, you'd see the gym's over there!" She rolled her eyes and angrily pointed.

"Now was that so hard? Thanks a bunch, badge number two, here I come!" Come patted her on the back, only for the girl to make an audible groan as Buck headed down the street ready to face the next gym leader. As he walked inside, and respectively took his hat off. Marshal sat atop Buck's shoulders watching everything in the room carefully, but had no intentions in doing anything unless provoked. The place was an absolute dump, even his ranch was cleaner than this place, and they has horse shit laying about. Though luckily in this case, he wouldn't have to worry about stepping in anything in the gym at least. Buck kept an eye on the ground just in case. He finally found Roxie, and shot her a ambitious grin, pointing to the first badge he got. He sent out bagon, who let out a small roar, and stood by Buck's side.

"Today, I'll be battling with this one, and my mudbray, Tony. Marsal here doesn't listen worth a damn!" Buck said.

"You ready for a gym battle, cause I'm ready to go!" Buck said before sending out bagon.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
STACY
BEAUTZ

Stacy Beautz, July 5th, Castelia City...

July 4th, what a day for Unova right? Teacher had told Stacy it was something something bout history or whatever, she barely paid attention in class. All that mattered for her tonight was the ragin banger she found herself in. Some washed up slump in Castelia where the bright flashing blue, white, and pink lights were almost as intoxicating as the ingrown sludge from the walls. Stacy swore this place must connect with the sewers somehow. That's how you knew the rave was rockin. Stacy looked around the sardined room of people wondering where her friends were at in this amalgamus mass and truly couldn't care less. Place was steamier than a Darumaka's hot pocket and as much as Stacy loved rockin at Roxie's raves, she knew there was no other place she'd rather be tonight.
Her yellow eyes lurked over the DJ station where some dude from Opelucid was droppin bars with these goofy looking Pokemon. One apparently called a Reuniclus and the other a Beeheeyum? Didn't matter much to Stacy as she was wildin on how these sounds were maxin. Being an electric type musician herself, she desired a look behind the curtain of the composer. She began shuffling her way over to the table hoping to made catch a note or two on these funky mons as the music ended for the night...or morning, it was like 2 am, doubt that counts.
"THATS IT EVERYBODY, CASTELIA CITY YALL HAVE BEEN WONDERFUL, HOPE TO HOOK UP WITH YALL NEXT TIME BUT FOR NOW, GOOD NIGHT!" The artist smiled before calling it.
The night would end and people would head out as Stacy shuffled backstage using her pass to get inside. They'd given her the pass for help with setting up the electric wiring for the sound system and with tonight's results, she was sure she'd be called in for more gigs. She approached the manager with a smile.

"Aye, Stacy, coming to pick up your paycheck? You did wonders tonights with the wiring, we definitely appreciate it."
Stacy smiled and took her check before replying. "Thats great, and the rave was rockin, hopin one day I get to perform on stage sometime too, show ya how much of a shock I can bring to the party."
The manager grimaced for a second. "Ehh, maybe one day, but why don't you just stay doing what your doing, your so great at the technical stuff, anyways, glad you had a good time dou." Like a venoshock to Stacy's heart the manager shuffled off. Was he really that much of a twat or was her music just not good enough?
Stacy held back her tears before running off the find the artist and ask him about his Pokemon...

Last edited:
CODE BY SEROBLISS
STACY
BEAUTZ

Stacy Beautz, July 5th, Castelia City...

Knocking on the door, Stacy felt like such a fraud. How could they do this to her? She had always dreamed of being on stage. She stuffed the feeling behind her shocking yellow eyes, hoping to hide the hurt and embarrassment as the artist opened the door.
"Hey, it's tech girl! Aye who you doin? Care to join me for a drink or two?"
Stacy faked a smile and nodded, something she was getting used to doing lately. Finding her nickname irritating, she walked in to the dressing room she noticing the different posters and memorabilia. Her Pinchurchin hopping from her shoulder to the floor to wander around and explore greeting the two psychic pokemon.
"I must say you pulled quite the rager out their man, kinda jealous," Stacy would find her seat, sinking into the shabby red cushion on the metal chair while the artist laid back on the couch corner after pouring them both a drink. "Was wondering if I could get some pointers as a musician myself."
The artist smile, his white grin glimmering under his black shades. "Couldn't do it without my partners Reu and Be, you say you do music though? Shoot, though you just did tech girl, what style you rockin?"
"Electric, hip hop, and rock, really into dubstep" Stacy smiled, finding comfort in thinking about her music, "Though I was thinking about adding some of that new reverb and indie dj sounds to my mix like your style..."
The artist smiled, sipping his drink as Stacy continued
"So I was wondering where I could find some psychic types to help me find that sound."
"Oh, you mean like Reu and Be? Ah, I found them north of here a long time ago, Reu near Nimbasa and Be at Celestial Tower. Plus there's this banger of a place called chargestone cave you might want to checkout with you being into dubstep and all."
Stacy's Pinchurchin hopped back in her lap and snuggled against her as she placed her full glass on the nearby table.
"Thanks, I appreciate your help."
"Aye, I gotchu tech girl. Say, I could take you up there with me. Cruise together, share some vibes."
"N-No thanks, I'm fine." Stacy quipped back, gathering her things. Pinchurchin blew a rasberry as they left out the door, he was the only one getting cuddles this time. She held the spike ball up to her face and smiled. "You see, we're gonna prove everyone wrong"
Pinchurchin blew another rasberry in affirmation.
"We better get going." Stacy made her way back to her hotel room, crashing on the bed finally knowing a way forward, but that would start tomorrow.

Monday, July 4th

Roxie
Virbank City Gym, Virbank City
Unova

Interactions: Buck Gamble ( ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101 )
Mentions: N/A

Whatever Buck had said, there wasn’t a snowball’s chance in hell that Roxie could’ve head it. After all, the very gym SHOOK with the reverberations of her music; drums thundered and lightning guitars riffed, the crowd released a downpour of torrential cheers—the world clamored to the music. Luckily, scenes like this were no uncommon occurrence in Virbank city. Ever since Roxie’s establishment as the Gym leader, trainers had often struggled to grab her attention over the noise of rock! The problem had only worsened as the years went by and Roxie’s Gym and her music became more popular. These days, the only Elesa could rival Roxie in the size and fervor of the crowds she drew. The lucky part was—since it was so common, the gym had procedures in place.

Lights sparked! A pathway to the stage illuminated between the throng of bodies—bursts of stage smoke flanked each side and almost in unison every eye turned towards Buck. The details of his challenge must’ve flashed somewhere Roxie could see because sure enough she had a pokéball in-hand and a grin on her lips.

“Well come on then challenger, I’m gonna knock some sense outta ya!”

The smoke flared once more but once it cleared the stage had transformed into a battlefield and Roxie and her Koffing awaited. The crowd surged! Stomp, Stomp, Clap! Stomp, Stomp, Clap!

Stomp, Stomp, Clap!

~Buck Gamble...~
~Buck Pokémon: Braviary/Marshal(M) lvl 55, Mudbray/Tony(M) lvl 18, /Bagon/Waylon(M) lvl 19...~
Buck.webp

Buck looked around the room with his hands on his hips, he realized just how loud it was. He had barely even heard himself talk, but that didn't matter much because eventually the gym leader and seen him and his challenge was on.

Perched atop Buck's shoulders, Marshal flapped his large wings creating small gusts of wind. As Aldon approached the gym leader, he held his wagon's pokéball.

"The big one ain't battlin', he dudn't folla instructions too well!" Buck said sending Waylon out. Buck had his braviary's pokéball in his bag bag leaving his other two pokémon the only ones on his belt. He decided to send out Tony as well, but he had Tony by his side to watch the battle.

"Get em Waylon!" Without further adieu, his bagon began stepping forward. Stomping the very ground around it, like a rillaboom pounding his chest. The small dragon stood confidently.

Monday, July 4th

Roxie
Unova

Chords buzzed as Roxie strummed and pointed at the proud dragon-type. “Great attitude! Let’s see how long it lasts! Koffing, «Poison Gas»!” The toxic Pokémon puffed up, eyes bright with malice. It floated close to Bagon and released its payload, highly poisonous gases that began to roll over the battlefield. A slow tune to start things off, a poisoned Pokémon was on a timer and Roxie was eager to see how the challenger would handle that.

~Buck Gamble...~
Buck.webp

As the battle began, Roxy sent out her first pokémon, a koffing. A rock-like floating pokémon. A putrid gas spewed from its maw. Buck wasn't sure if it could dodge fast enough, but he had an idea, and pointed at the poison.

"Use dragon's breath to cut through that gas like a hot knife through butter and light that koffing up like a Christmas tree!" Waylon didn't waste a second firing his draconic breath attack into the biochemical attack. It burst through the other side where it would continue to barrel towards koffing. While it did break a hole, it did not stop the poison gas completely as Waylon let out a cough, which caused Tony to nervously stutter and panic. Hiding behind Buck for safety. Ty Hough for now, the gas mostly just made the bagon angrier as it stomped the ground harder in defiance.

"I reckon you got this!" Buck shot out.

Monday, July 4th

Roxie
Unova

Roxie hummed together with her guitar, giving no orders as dragonbreath struck true and landed squarely against Koffing’s body. The poison smog Pokémon spiraled with the strike, its body seizing as paralysis took hold. “Haha! I can feel it—your desire to win! Keep going! Koffing—let’s take them for a spin—«Smog»!”

Toxic clouds once more poured from every crater on Koffing’s body, but this time with some added spin, the smoke spread in all directions. Soon it was roiling across the ground in unstoppable waves. Try to punch straight through this one and you’d be doomed to fail. Worse yet, Smog was corrosive enough to deal damage on its own even if it didn’t poison it’s foe!

~Buck Gamble...~
Buck.webp

Afte

With the poison gas pokémon fully surrounded by smog, this was a fairly toxic, so getting near it was a risky move. One thing that struck Buck's head was, if it was corrosive, he began to gauge Waylon's distance from the smog.

"Hot damn, Waylon! The answer to our problem is starting me in the face. I reckon we raise the temperature up! Use ember on that smog right thur!" With Koffing surrounding by the smog, it would likely feel something if it worked, and luckily for Waylon, he had fire resistance either way.

Monday, July 4th

Roxie
Unova

“That’s a neat little trick ya got there!” As might’ve been expected, the dense fumes were ready kinder for flames and Roxie stepped back as the battlefield lit up! It was a bold choice to ignite the battlefield and burn his own Pokémon together with Koffing, but the rock-star could respect such grit! Of course, she wasn’t just going to let things go like that! “Go Koffing!”

Through the fire and flames Koffng rushed forward as Roxie riffed on her guitar and—“Selfdestruct!”

The alright brightly lit stage flashed even brighter as Koffing detonated, adding even more fury to the fire as it attempted to take Bagon down with it!

~Buck Gamble...~
Buck.webp

As the fire began to die down, Buck was pretty excited it worked out well enough, but that feeling would go away quickly with explode. Waylon lacked access to moves to help it avoid such dangerous moves. His only chance to get Bagon to make it was ssd's speed.

"Use scary face then dragon's breath!" In the best case scenario, Waylon would be able to KO koffing and faint it before it can explode, but more likely it would fail and he'd soon need to send out his second pokémon, Tony.

Monday, July 4th

Roxie
Unova

Roxie hummed as Koffing floated forward and exploded. Buck’s plan wasn’t bad, but he had forgotten one crucial detail. Koffing was already paralyzed. Where most stat de-buffs were concerned, the first few stages had the most notable impact on a pokémon’s performance. The paralysis had already cut Koffing’s speed in half, so an additional scary face only cut Koffing’s speed again by effectively a quarter. Since Koffing was already a fairly slow Pokémon, reducing its speed further was not the most effective use of Bagon’s time. By the time dragon-fire began to lick at Bagon’s lips, Koffing was already exploding.

Once more, the battlefield shook with fire and fury. Roxie retrieved Koffing’s pokéball and prepared to return it. She couldn’t see if Bagon had managed to gain some distance or evade, but it hardly mattered—the show must go on! Roxie prepared her second pokéball.

“It’s your turn, Foongus!”

~Buck Gamble...~
Buck.webp

"Ah, shit!" Buck was surprisingly surprised to the loud boom of the explosion and the abrupt chaos caused by it. Waylon had some distance from koffing due to it being paralyzed and unable to close the gap between the two, but despite this, the small bipedal dragon stood tall. Or at least it would seem so. Upon closer examination, it was indeed hurt and his facial expressions though more angry than weak and exhausted, it was still easy to tell the bagon was not doing well. Buck silently returned bagon to his pokéball to rest. Waylon may have had more strength left but Buck wasn't exactly sure how much, and he had never pushed his dragon that far, and knew it was now up to Tony. He looked at Marshal whom didn't react one bit. The large bird was not concerned with the battle nor the pokémon involved. The bird glanced around the room aimlessly, but nothing in the room would peak its interest. Buck knew his only choice now was his mudbray Tony. He glanced down.

"Your the last one, bud. Ain't no Marshal or anything else gonn' hop on that field and win this 'cept yourself. You got this! Go on, git! I believe in ya!" Buck patted Tony whom did not share Buck's strong beliefs. The shakey donkey moved forward. It saw how Waylon's fight ended and wanted no part of that. As it stood there nervously looking back and forth between Buck and the foongus.

"Bulldoze!" Tony heard those words, and despite the lack of confidence Tony had, he reared up on his hind legs, slamming down. Tony had practiced that move enough that it he had muscle memory.

Monday, July 4th

Roxie
Unova

A ground type. That was a good pick considering her gym’s typing. However, this was a second-tier battle, and it was no longer enough to just bring a super-effective Pokémon.

“Foongus, «Ingrain»!”

The gym leader’s energetic order was followed by Foongus burying roots deep into the ground. Technically they were mycelium, not roots, but who was fussing over the details?

The battlefield trembled from the bulldoze, but Foongus was anchored firmly in place. Foongus would be slowed by the residual tremors from Bulldoze but since it was anchored it wouldn’t be moving anyway. Foongus drew nutrients from the earth, slowly healing off the damage from the earlier bulldoze.

~Buck Gamble...~
Buck.webp

As the second phase of the battle foongus held its ground and even began to heal some of its damage recieved.

"Use that trick shot!" Buck was referring to mud slap. It didn't do a lot of damage, but it helped lower accuracy.

"Then throw on iron defence!" Buck called out. As Tony responded, the donkey turned to the side, kicking dirt into the air in the form of a projectile at the mushrooms eyes. The donkey then tended its muscles up, a metallic shine gleamed over its entire body as it toughened up physically.

Monday, July 4th

Roxie
Unova

Roxie barked out laughter. New trainers these days… Her fingers walked across her instrument and her guitar hummed. Foongus was rooted, Ingrain had made sure of that. It couldn’t dodge, couldn’t evade, couldn’t run—even if it wanted to…not that Roxie would’ve ordered a retreat anyway. Mud Slap was a good choice. It wouldn’t do much for damage, but it was obvious that the challenger wasn’t going for damage, but rather damage mitigation. In general, that was a wise choice, however…

“Keep your wits challenger! Let me teach you a thing or two about Pokémon moves! Feel ‘em out Foongus, «Mega Drain»!”

The mushroom Pokémon’s mud-caked body shook but…nothing happened? The battlefield was silent, yet Roxie wore a confident smirk.

“Keep your wits…”

That would be Buck’s only warning. A moment later—CrAcK!

The battlefield shifted as thin roots erupted from the ground around Mudbray and began to glow. Rather than a direct attack. It was clear that Roxie had used the Root-network created Foongus’ earlier «Ingrain» to not only locate but also act as a set-up this «Mega Drain»!

~Buck Gamble...~
Buck.webp

Afte

"HAHAAHAAAW!" Buck wasn't sure what she was laughing about, but he could match that energy. Between the healing roots and the soon to be very effective draining attack, this was a very nasty predicament, and one Buck wasn't sure how to get himself out of, but he bit his tongue, and spit out a command, just as quickly as Roxie had.

"Use rock smash on the ground to knock dirt in the air, then flank it on the side with bulldoze!" Buck wasn't sure if it would block mega drain, but it was better to take a chance than take a blast point blank.

Monday, July 4th

Roxie
Unova

A quick smash disrupted the flow of Mega Drain and Roxie’s eyes narrowed as Rock Smash’s secondary effect activated and created a chink in Foongus’ defense. The resulting Bull Doze landed much harder than it otherwise would’ve and Foogus trembled but eventually succumbed to the accumulation of damage. Foongus may have been able to withstand a few blows with its defensive typing, but ground-type moves were not among them—while it handled the repeated seismic waves better than Roxie's other pokémon, ultimately it could only withstand so much .

A guitar riff lit the air and Roxie laughed, “Congratulations Challenger! That was a clean one-two in the last minute; you can collect your badge and winnings at the front desk.

~Buck Gamble...~
Buck.webp

As the battle concluded, Tony stood there, eyes closed and trembling like a leaf in the wind. The poor donkey was ready to go home, but knew he needed to keep standing. As Tony peered through squinted eyes, it saw the foongus, and stared at it. Still nervously shaking before turning to look at Buck. Roxie's approval further validated that they had indeed won. Buck shot Tony a eager grin.

"Hot damn, Tony! That battle was more exciting than hot dog night at a woman's prison." Buck went over to shake Roxie's hand. The battle was over, but he would keep his hat under his arm until he left the building. Marshal ignored it all, and let out three large flaps with his wings. Buck made his way to the front where his badge and prize money was and wasted no time in accepting them. Upon leaving the building, he placed his hat on his head, and returned Tony to his pokéball. Him and Waylon would need healing indefinitely. Two badges under his belt, the next place of Destination was... The Pokéstar Studios!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back