• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Shattered World OOC Thread

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes
Here is where we will discuss anything and everything related to the RP, or just shoot the breeze.

If you are interested in this RP and haven't already, please visit the Interest Check Page to see what the RP is all about. The Interest Check can be found here: Pokémon (For Adults) Interest Check!

If you have any questions or concerns, either voice them in the Interest Check or voice them here and I will answer all of them as soon as possible.

For your convenience, here are the main threads for this RP as of now (and I will add more as more regions are requested).

Kanto IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Kanto IC Posting)
Johto IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Johto IC Posting)
Hoenn IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Hoenn IC Posting)
Sinnoh IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Sinnoh IC Posting)
Unova IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Unova IC Posting)
Kalos IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Kalos IC Posting)
Alola IC Posting: Pokémon: Shattered World (Alola IC Posting)

Characters Page: Pokémon: Shattered World Characters

Also, for everyone to consider... Items that you buy in this RP do NOT cost what they do in the games. They cost considerably less.

Here's a list of major items you're likely to buy on your adventure and the costs they come with:

* Poké Ball - $25
- (The concept of "stronger Poké Balls makes no sense, so Poké Balls are all we get)
* Potion - $10
* Super Potion - $35
- (I've done away with hyper and max potions as well as full restores as they're not needed)
* Antidote - $15
* Paralyze Heal - $15
* Awakening - $20
* Burn Heal - $15
* Ice Heal - $15
- (Since there's no cure-all, you'll need a few of each)
* Pokémon Food - $10 for small bag, $25 for medium, $60 for large (species does not matter)

There are no revive items, held items, etc. This RP is all about keeping things simple and practical, so the stat-related items and other items which alter in-game mechanics are not part of the RP. No rare candies. No X-attack or anything of the sort. No held items like Quick Claw or EXP Share. Nada.

The items I listed are about all you'll need aside from basic camping equipment.

If you have further questions, just ask.

Last edited:
can we get links to the other threads in this thread? just so I don't have to navigate 9 pages whenever I wanna switch XD

Noivian Noivian CallmeMyth CallmeMyth GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Onikmey Onikmey Agent23 Agent23 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Just wanted to tag you in the OOC in the event you haven't visited yet.

I have updated the "Characters" Page to include my own character who's starter Pokémon is listed as TBD. Why? Because she won't start with one right away. She will receive a starter shortly after we begin.

In the meantime feel free to ask any questions you have on your mind and I will answer all of them, so don't be shy. I love questions!

If you have no questions, please do get to work designing your characters and, as requested in the Characters Page, please use all of the bold text information including age, sex, dob, height, personality, bio, etc in your own profiles.

As for how long the Personality and Bio sections should be, I want you to push yourselves a bit and go above and beyond if possible. Write more than you usually do. Really give this character an identity you click with and try to forge a real connection to this character. If you look at the profile when you're done and think "it's good enough", no, it isn't. It has more work to be done. If you look at the character and think "is there anything I didn't include", ask me to look at the profile and I will undoubtedly have questions to ask which you can answer and use to fill in more.

Basically I want you so invested in this character that you will never be one of the people who drop out or leave the RP. If it dies, it will be on my shoulders. Not yours. That's the goal.

I've never closed an RP before unless it was because everyone else dropped out or informed me that they were simply no longer interested, so the likelihood of me closing this one is basically nil.

Thanks everyone, and I look forward to seeing what characters you come up with!

Again if you have any questions, ask me now and I will answer them all no matter how many you throw my way. I love questions!

A rp that doesnt require me to put in a sexuality and instead makes me form relationships by in character interactions? what is this? XD

I checked out the characters page and checked out some of the characters on there. But I noticed the "DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNLESS GIVEN PERMISSION". I'll work on my character in a word doc first before posting in the forum (which I should do anyways) since I don't know if we're supposed to do something first before getting permission. So I guess my question is, how do I get permission to post a character profile? lol

I checked out the characters page and checked out some of the characters on there. But I noticed the "DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNLESS GIVEN PERMISSION". I'll work on my character in a word doc first before posting in the forum (which I should do anyways) since I don't know if we're supposed to do something first before getting permission. So I guess my question is, how do I get permission to post a character profile? lol

You get a notice from me saying you're good to go, which you now are.

I put that up there to prevent randoms who never contacted me in any way from posting, as I've had it happen before and I don't appreciate it when people just show up out of nowhere without so much as a greeting before saying "here's my character(s), so when do we start?"

Know what I mean?

Yeah! That makes a lot of sense. I'm currently working on my CS, I'm writing up the biography section now so I should have it posted in the character thread sometime today.

Update: I posted my character sheet, but I don't know if I like her backstory all that much, so I might go and change some parts.

Last edited:
Yeah! That makes a lot of sense. I'm currently working on my CS, I'm writing up the biography section now so I should have it posted in the character thread sometime today.

Update: I posted my character sheet, but I don't know if I like her backstory all that much, so I might go and change some parts.

I think a some changes are definitely in order.

If I'm reading it right, she was gifted the Eevee at around ten years old which is illegal. In this RP, the legal age to own Pokemon is 18, and only if you have acquired your Pokemon Trainer's License.

I actually like the background details of being a young idol and artist, so keep that for sure. But I think it can be fleshed out with describing more about how her life as an idol conflicted with her scholastic pursuits, her social life, and with what real dreams she had. Despite enjoying what she does, it doesn't seem to me that deep down it's what she wants. Something about the character makes me feel there's more brewing deep in her heart about where she's headed in life.

But anyway, the only major change is the age to acquire Pokemon at 18+. If she was lucky enough to find it and take it home at a young age, by the time she's 24 the Sylveon will be in its twilight years and no longer able to battle the way it used to. Not exactly ideal for a companion on a journey like this, but it's a detail that could definitely play a part in some major drama and character development for her later on.

If she has an older Sylveon who has trouble keeping up with battles, it'll make her more protective of it and afraid to use it. But when she's forced to against Team Rocket, and Team Rocket's Pokemon push it over the edge or worse the Rocket's shoot it, then she's lost a life-long friend whom she grew up with and now has some major growing to do.

It's up to you how to proceed with this, but that's what I'd do if I were the one in control of this character. The option of having the starter being old at the start and dying valiantly in battle would set the stage for some major character growth which I'd enjoy immensely. But I'm not you, so you do what you feel is best.

Okay I'll change her backstory based on the rules you gave me. I just said ten because in the games, that's when a lot of the player characters get their Pokemon. Also have a question in regards to Pokemon age in this roleplay. How long do Pokemon live on average? What is considered to be very old? Because that will help me determine what I want to do.

Also! What year does this take place in? Present day 2017?

Last edited:
Okay I'll change her backstory based on the rules you gave me. I just said ten because in the games, that's when a lot of the player characters get their Pokemon. Also have a question in regards to Pokemon age in this roleplay. How long do Pokemon live on average? What is considered to be very old? Because that will help me determine what I want to do.

This RP is not canon to the games/anime/manga. It's an entirely separate entity with only the core elements of Pokemon serving as its base.

As for Pokemon age, it depends.

Just like real life animals, generally speaking those who are smaller have shorter life expectancies while those who are larger may live much longer.

A Pokemon like Eevee would likely have a 12-14 year life expectancy at best, with all of its evolutions having maybe a 15-17 year life expectancy at best. And that's when it's well cared for. In the wild their life expectancies are even lower. 7-9 for an Eevee and around maybe 10-12 for its evolutions.

This is a general rule of thumb, though there are exceptions to it. Outstandingly good care and raising could lead to an Eevee reaching between 18-20 years of age before kicking it. But it's rare that a Pokemon like Eevee would live that long.

This is the example I used in the Interest Check:

"* Smaller Pokemon typically live between 8-10 years in the wild, and sometimes hit 14-16 in a Trainer's care.
* Mid-size Pokemon (3' to 6') typically live between 12-20 years in the wild, sometimes hitting 25 to 28 in a Trainer's care.
* Large Pokemon (7'+) typically can live between 20-30 years in the wild, but in the hands of a good Trainer can sometimes hit 50+."

Of course these are all, again, general rule of thumb age ranges. There are always exceptions which go both higher and lower based on various circumstances. But in general the smaller it is, the shorter its life expectancy.

This RP is not canon to the games/anime/manga. It's an entirely separate entity with only the core elements of Pokemon serving as its base.

As for Pokemon age, it depends.

Just like real life animals, generally speaking those who are smaller have shorter life expectancies while those who are larger may live much longer.

A Pokemon like Eevee would likely have a 12-14 year life expectancy at best, with all of its evolutions having maybe a 15-17 year life expectancy at best. And that's when it's well cared for. In the wild their life expectancies are even lower. 7-9 for an Eevee and around maybe 10-12 for its evolutions.

This is a general rule of thumb, though there are exceptions to it. Outstandingly good care and raising could lead to an Eevee reaching between 18-20 years of age before kicking it. But it's rare that a Pokemon like Eevee would live that long.

This is the example I used in the Interest Check:

"* Smaller Pokemon typically live between 8-10 years in the wild, and sometimes hit 14-16 in a Trainer's care.
* Mid-size Pokemon (3' to 6') typically live between 12-20 years in the wild, sometimes hitting 25 to 28 in a Trainer's care.
* Large Pokemon (7'+) typically can live between 20-30 years in the wild, but in the hands of a good Trainer can sometimes hit 50+."

Of course these are all, again, general rule of thumb age ranges. There are always exceptions which go both higher and lower based on various circumstances. But in general the smaller it is, the shorter its life expectancy.

what are the plans for evolution with such long lifespans?

You get a notice from me saying you're good to go, which you now are.

I put that up there to prevent randoms who never contacted me in any way from posting, as I've had it happen before and I don't appreciate it when people just show up out of nowhere without so much as a greeting before saying "here's my character(s), so when do we start?"

Know what I mean?

Oh crap, was I not supposed to post a character? I felt like when I was acknowledged, I would be good to go. I sincerely apologize for jumping the gun a bit too fast...

Oh crap, was I not supposed to post a character? I felt like when I was acknowledged, I would be good to go. I sincerely apologize for jumping the gun a bit too fast...

You're okay.

You were acknowledged in the Interest Check so I'm not upset about you posting a character.

As long as people who have not contacted me in any way don't post to the thread, I'm good.

as far as rp goes. im assuming its not gonna be years and years before rocketstuff happens

No, it won't take years. Just a few IC months, really, before we get to some of the good stuff. There will be little things here and there to help keep us on our toes though.

Also for lifespans and evolution.

Basically a Pokemon typically reaches its final stage by age 5-7 and lives the rest of its life like that. Growing up, essentially. Most animals in real life just get bigger. Pokemon evolve. But it's the same concept. Their final stage is their "adult" form which they spend a good portion of their life in before kicking it.

You're okay.

You were acknowledged in the Interest Check so I'm not upset about you posting a character.

As long as people who have not contacted me in any way don't post to the thread, I'm good.

Ahhh okay, thanks boss. Anything I should change in my CS?

Not that I can see. You're good to go.

If you have any last minute questions before I set you loose on the IC posting sections, now's the time.

Well, I understand that you said we can all post at different areas and there's this overarching plot but it wouldn't show itself until much late. This is part of the reason why I created my character to be able to travel regions officially, even if it was just patrolling around.

Anyway, since we don't have that many people yet, I assume we can simply go around and interact with each other even if they are not from the same profession?

so essentially, if i pick up a young pokemon that i can train its not going to be old enough to actually help much by the time rocket comes around

Well, I understand that you said we can all post at different areas and there's this overarching plot but it wouldn't show itself until much late. This is part of the reason why I created my character to be able to travel regions officially, even if it was just patrolling around.

Anyway, since we don't have that many people yet, I assume we can simply go around and interact with each other even if they are not from the same profession?

Yes. If I give you the clear, you may begin posting IC at your leisure.

Everyone else is free to interject themselves however they wish, if they so desire, at any time.

so essentially, if i pick up a young pokemon that i can train its not going to be old enough to actually help much by the time rocket comes around

It depends on how young the Pokémon is.

I never gave specifics on how young or old the Pokémon had to be, so that's on me.

The Pokémon you receive at the start of your adventure can be of any age, really. But the younger it is the more you'll be able to enjoy what it really means to be a Trainer.

Tomoya, as an example, got a Zubat that was a few months old when he first started. It was young. It was goofy and uncoordinated. And it took a while to get Zubat to really learn what it meant to be a Pokémon in the care of a Trainer who intended to battle and capture other wild Pokémon. Tomoya will have the chance to relay these stories and provide more information on his life with Zubat once Josephine gets her starter.

Josephine is going to receive a Pokémon who's already around a year old and has some experience with battling and following orders, but since Josephine is a new Trainer for it they will have a bit of a rocky relationship to begin with.

That's where all the fun really is. The older your starter, the less you'll get to learn and grow IC with the Pokémon you've chosen because they'll already know what to do which means there's less for you to teach it, less for you to share with it, and less for you to learn from since the Pokémon will already know what to do. Some people like it like that, I understand. But I personally like the idea of being a brand new Trainer with next to no knowledge of my starter so I get to go through all the emotions and experiences, good and bad, from scratch.

Josephine's my main, so she'll be doing most of that with Tomoya there as a support for a while.

Team Rocket won't be doing anything IC that will drive the central story forward for several IC months (I'm thinking around 6-8). That's plenty of time even for younger Pokémon to learn, grow, and know how to handle themselves so long as their Trainers are up to the task of properly raising and Training them. The more effort and devotion you give your Pokémon, the better prepared it will be to handle what happens when Team Rocket comes calling.

Sorry I've been kind of taking awhile. I worked on my character's backstory but it's not quite done yet. I was very busy today. Hopefully it'll be done by tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back