• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Rise of Shadows

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The Weavile was knocked back and out by super effective move. However that wasn't there only problem now. Three Scizor and two Ninjask kwere now making their fast approach. Edron quickly turned around and plowed a Shadow Claw into one of the Scizor using its own speed against it. Draka Thunderbolted another that tried to reach for the orb she carryied. That left the two Ninjask and the Scizor.
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Taking a page from Edron's book, Max turned and rushed up to the Scizor, swiftly using Close Combat, hoping to use its speed to hurt it more.

The Scizor came to a screeching halt from the impact and collapsed on the spot. Just as it fell though the two Ninjask dashed from behind it, thier claws ready to 'Slash' at the Lucario. However Latios and Emlas would not have it. Just when the Ninjask were inches away from Max by using their superior speed, two Shadow Ball collided into them, thus saving Max. Once the speed demons were dealt with they returned to running through the halls again. They only had a few more turns to go.

Arcanus readied a Confusion, to quickly use on any Shadows that may come around these corners in a surprise. "Are nearing the exit?", he shouted as they ran, not knowing the place as well as Latios. "It will soon become much more difficult to hold the faster ones off, I am afraid!"

Max sprinted ahead. "When we leave, I'll blow the exit so they can't follow us!"

Genesis debated on whether or not he should help the others, or keep holding on to Cressellia until they get out. They were outside, but there could be a chance that some Shadows could be around them already. "I cannot take the chance of Cressellia being taken again... But I need to help the others.." he was did not know what to do, but he had to think quickly.

Upon the sight of daylight again, Latios quickly resorted to blasting at the hall full of Shadows with a Luster Purge. The beam continue to plow through most of the Shadows before resulting explosion caused the already old and unstable building to collapse in on itself. It would take a long time before the remaining shadows could dig themselves out. "Alright... We're free..." Said Latios as he breathed heavily. "Now... Let's get the hell out of here before they find some other way to get out."

Max nodded. "We need to find Nathan." As he said this, he looked around. A few Pokemon were knocked out around the entrance, and dirt was strewn about. "It would seem she did not escape with ease." He looked at them in more detail before pointing off. "The tracks lead in that direction."

With the entire surroundings comprised for dead lumber everywhere, sporting someone would be easy. However with that being said it looked like she had been chased off into the surrounding forest. "I guess otd for the best that we follow her into the forest. We need to get these two out of the open." He said gesturing to the two Legendaies.
Assailant Assailant

Genesis followed the group, still holding cressellia after debating on helping the others right as they escaped. "Yeah... Let's find her before anything else happens to her." he muttered in an exhausted tone. Carrying an unconscious legendary of Cressellia's build is very draining.

The group followed the tracks for some time. Occasionally an unconscious body or two would be lying around. Occasionally a small amount of blood would be on the ground, presumably from one of Nathan's getting hit, but never anything concerning. That is, until around the five minute mark.

Max leaned over to the corpse of a Pokémon whose head had been bashed in. He sighed and shook his head. "Nathan must have gone too far with this one." He stood back up and kept following the tracks. However, as he walked, he noticed the tracks getting heavier. Then the blood began coming in much more heavily.

Finally, the group can to a terrifying scene. Pokemon corpses littered the are, some with their heads bashed in, others with their throats ripped out or their arteries sliced. In the middle slouched a shadowy figure. Max narrowed his eyes and looked out. "Nathan? Is that you?" The figure stood up and slowly walked towards them. As it came closer, they could clearly tell it was Nathan, though she was carrying something. Her left leg was limping, and as she got closer, it became apparent that she was covered in blood, both her own and others. Her left leg had a chomp in it, her head was bleeding quite a bit and she was clearly dizzy from the blood loss, and other wounds peppered her body. However, she kept walking forward. Finally, she got to the group. She remained silent for a few moments before holding up what she was carrying.

"Heal her," she murmured quietly. In her arms was Amber. Things were certainly not looking good. Wounds peppered her body. Her eyes were frozen open with a hole through her chest. It was evident to everyone that healing was impossible.

After all, no amount of healing can bring back the dead.

Arcanus stared in shock and horror at the massacre that laid before him. At Nathan. At Amber. He had no words... No words for such a tragedy. He covered his mouth and hid his face, turning away from Nathan. It was hard enough going through the gore that had been within the building, this was simply too much. For a long few moments, he couldn't speak at all, in fear that he might vomit. His entire body began to tremble as everything in his mind came crashing down at once. Arcanus would have panicked and ran away if his legs hadn't gave out underneath him before he could even make a first move towards the woods. He came to his knees and thought to himself, desperately trying to come up with a definite answer to this situation. How was he to fix this? How could he make everything better this time? But he knew the truth about all of this.

Nothing could be fixed, now. He couldn't make everything okay anymore. Nothing about any of this was okay. He wasn't okay. So he sat there, facing away from Nathan, staring blankly into the sand with tears streaming down his face. Trapped within the depths of his own mind, mentally breaking down. He didn't speak. He hardly breathed. And he hoped nobody would even notice him anymore, now fearing the very responsibility of somehow replying.

As genesis followed the group, he remained silent as they advanced into the woods. The bodies and blood became more frequent as they went deeper. Then he saw Nathan, with amber's corpse in her arms. His legs buckled, and he stood as still as a statue. "What... Happened?" he asked in a low, fearful tone. A flashback came into his view, and then snapped back to reality.

He did not know what to say, or even think of the situation. "If Arceus is watching.... Please guide Amber to Paradise." He thought as tears ran down his face. Sadness and anger overflow within him, but yet, he manages to keep it all in somehow. "Amber..... We need to get nathan help. Now." Genesis muttered as he looked at Latios. Latios Latios Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

Nathan grit her teeth as she looked at Genesis. "I don't care about me." It sounded as if she was trying to be angry, but he voice was so weak that it hardly came out as such. "We just need to get help for Amber..."

Latios stood their in shock. Out of all the Pokemon on Nathan's team, it was Amber he like the most. April was more or less a jerk and the others were too young for him to truly get along with. Latios knew knew some healing moves of his own but his lack of skill with them was not great. And even he knew that not all wounds could be healed. Their was truly nothing he could do but stand there.

Emlas however was in tears. She had some talks with Amber before. She had gotten to like her as much as her other friends. To lose one to such a brutal death was heartbreaking. It was too much and she feel to the ground sobbing.

Edron showed little emotion for the death, he didn't know this person as well as the others. He had only just arived. But he was still disgusted by the brutal death or one that was on e their side in this matter.

When Draka saw this she almost immediately dropped the orb she carried. Amber was the closest of all the Pokemon here that she got to know. While Latios and Emlas were well known to her they were more family than friends. But nevertheless, if one of them had died it would have been even more tragic for her. A death to the family and a broken promise to her long deceased friends. She was about to rush for the berries in her pouch untill she saw the wound. He blood was no longer flowing. That ment there'd was no way for the healing juices of the berries to flow through her body. Not to mention how log long she's been dead. Even if their was a chance, by the time the berries took effect she would have passed on making it once again to late.

Latios then recognized that Nathan seemed to be in denial right now. She didn't accept that Amber was truly dead and their was still hope. He didn't know how to break it to her, and trying to give her that hope may be worse in the end when she finds out. He didn't really have a choice but give it a shot. "Nathan... We can't help her. Her wound is to large. Their is nothing any of us can do to help her."

Nathan immediately punched Latios, but the punch was incredibly weak from a combination of blood loss and still holding Amber's corpse. As she came out of the punch, she stumbled a bit. Her world was becoming blurry, and she was seeing doubles. That didn't stop her from glaring at Latios. "D-don't fuck with me," she said, her voice quiet and strained. "I-I wasn't.. w-wasn't asking..."

Latios almost immediately retaliated against her but managed to spot himself. He had to remember that dispite being human that she was their friend. Isn't he kept his head turned and look at her from the side as he held his jaw. "Not even together if we tried to heal her would anything work. I'm not even sure if your... Pokécircle's could heal her." He said not quite remembering the name of the medical facilities that resided in almost every town. "Look at her Nathan." He said gestureing to the hole in her body. "Cuts, burns, scraps, bruises, heck even poisoning. That's one thing. But we can't regrow an entire chunk of flesh out of nothing. Especially to a body that can no longer accept the healing process to take place. We can only speed up the healing process, that's how it works. But if the body can't heal on its own than our help is worthless." He paused for a moment letting the information sink in. "There's nothing we can do, Nathan... Nothing."

Genesis felt bad for nathan as he watched Latios break the news. "He's right, nathan. We cannot undo the damage of this extent. I'm sorry, but she is not coming back from this..." He said telepathically to Nathan. He did not know what else to say, but he had to say something, even if it did not help the situation. "I wish Jirachi were here, maybe she could help us out... Or maybe not..." He thought to himself. (I did not know what to call Jirachi, so I am going female because it looks feminine to me.)

"We have... to help her," she murmured, not seeming to register anything they were saying. She moved to punch Latios again for refusing to help, but her strength gave out and she collapsed to the floor. When Amber hit the floor, her neck was twisted at an impossible angle. It seemed her neck had been snapped as well, and Nathan had simply been trying to keep her in a dignified pose. Nathan's bleeding began to slow down as her blood began to run out. She slowly pulled Amber close and covered Amber's body with her own, trying to shield her from the harshness of the world as she held her close.

Latios then noticed how hurt Nathan was herself. But she wasn't showing it as she was focused on getting help for Amber. With her in this kind of denial it would be next to impossible to help Nathan treat her wounds before she bleed out. Most likely she would bite and kick her way to giving the help to Amber instead of herself. The worst part is she wasn't going to listen to them. If that was the case than he would need someone else to tell her. A thought came to his mind. If they couldn't convince her, maybe the humans in the town who specialize in restoring the health of others could. That ment he would need to take her to town. He turned around to the rest of the group and gave them a telepathic message on what he was going to do. "I'm going to take her to town. She can get help there weather she wants to or not. Not to mention that it's the only way I can think of the break her out of her denial. All of you make your way to town. Take the Legendaries with you, but don't enter town. Find somewhere to hide on the perimeter. When I'm done I'll come find you. And don't bother keeping up with me, I need to go fast right now. You all save your strength while getting there."

Once he was done explaining he went to Nathan again and spoke to her. "Come." Was all he said before picking her up and Amber as well and placing them in his back. "Hold tight." He said before jetting off with them both into the sky

As Latios' voice echoed through Arcanus' head, he regained his grip on reality. He had to be strong now, he had to move. Perhaps later he would have time to grieve and think as much as he had been at that moment. But for now, he had to gather enough strength to stand back up. He closed his eyes and took a few moments to breathe before shakily rising on his own two legs, turning around and grimacing as his eyes turned to Nathan and Amber before Latios took them away. He may have still had tears streaming down his cheeks at a steady pace, but he'd do whatever needed to be done.

Max watched them go with sorrowful eyes. Anger welled up inside him, but he had to be stronger for a little longer. He frankly couldn't tell, too, whether to be angry for Amber, sad for Nathan, or worried for Nathan's condition. That said, he lead the group towards the town. He would get them all there together.

Nathan's world was a blur, and she couldn't even manage to express her pain when Latios lifted her and jetted off. With her blood slowly beginning to run out, her consciousness began drifting away rapidly. All she could do was hold on tight to Amber.

Last edited:
Genesis watched as Latios took off. He picked up Cressellia, and spoke. "We better get moving, before anything else happens." he allowed some anger flow in his voice, but not too much. Everything that had just happened was really starting to anger him, and amber's death hit him hard.
"Things get better and better." He thought as he moved im the Direction Latios went to. He was lost in his thoughts, just staring down the path as he slowly cooled off. (which town are we heading too next?) Latios Latios Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

Arcanus followed along solemnly and quietly. Amber was gone. It hardly seemed real. She'd worked do hard for everyone there, she'd saved April's life, and she'd been kind through it all. She had been so caring.. And now he was unsure as to if Nathan would make it, too, now. It seemed like no matter how hard he had tried to keep things together, things fell apart twice as fast. So he walked, with a distant look. Remembering everything that they had been through. His eyes weary with sorrow and guilt, and heavy with the memories of every disaster they had seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back