• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Orsay Region OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'm eager to see Chanser's battle! Since I'm new to the system I'm hesitent to start a battle or try and capture a pokemon without knowing what I'll need to roll. Can someone give me a little insight? :)

I'm no expert, but the basics are:

Initiative! Goes in order of Speed, contested d20s if a tie.
Turns! Trainer and Pokemon go separately.
Actions! You get one Standard, one Shift, one Swift, and as many free action as you like, IIRC.
Most attacks have an AC, which you roll as a flat d20 unless you have a bonus. 20s are a crit; you roll double damage.
Damage is equal to what you roll, minus the applicable Defense, and modified by Type Effectiveness. If an attack deals 50% of your HP or more, you get an Injury. Once you hit 50% markers of HP, you also get an Injury, so such an attack from full health would give you two Injuries.

Catching Pokemon: Roll a d20 vs AC 6.
Then roll a d100. The GM can sort out all the modifiers, but you have a higher chance for all the things you'd get a higher chance for in the games (Status, HP damage, etc.). Lower is better.

The Electrike has a Speed of 10, same as Sakura. So if you possibly do wanna use her first thing we'll have to roll d20s to see who hits first 😅

Actually, Chanser's going to use her Trapinch. Thanks to Juggler, sending a Pokemon into battle grants it +10 to Initiative for that round, so Trapinch goes first. :3

Before i post, do you plan on switching? Because holy crap hes knocked out lol I wouldn't imagine so even with a slower speed now. Not much a Jolteon can do at this point 😅

Welp then i ended up with a critical hit lol shame on me

Last edited:
Excellent. I'm gonna have Trapinch make an attack, use Quick Switch and then Sakura gets to go first next round thanks to Juggler.

Yupyup. She's a tanky little lady when the situation's right. Time for another save and gosh do I hope it goes well.

Now as long as I've done this all right:
Sakura gains 13 xp
Thrilly gains 35 xp

I was also thinking of doing milestone leveling for your trainers. Sound okay to everyone? I can always do a little more math if you want xp as well.

I'm okay with doing milestone leveling. Honestly, I thought that's what we were using since we didn't get XP for the Poochyena encounter.

Sorry for my silence guys; I'll try to respond again tonight but what with everything going on, work has been... difficult and taxing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back