• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Pokemon: Orsay Region IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

GhostRider

Owlbear in the Playground
The day had finally come! The day you would all start your adventures in the Orsay Region. A few days ago Professor Linden got ahold of your number and sent out a mass message to many young up and coming trainers. It was cryptic but also very clear:

Good day hopeful trainers! Now I know you all have a Pokedex and even a Pokemon of your own!
However I'm feeling quite generous. So if each of you could come by my lab Monday around 11am. I have a special gift for each of you.
I wanted to wish you all good luck on your journey in the Orsay region personally! Can't wait to meet you all!
-The Pokemon Professor, Josiah Linden

152-1520107_professor-mangrove-fan-made-pokemon-professors.png
70bf2abd56fd8d6890bc59f90325e78db823e8eb_hq.jpg

The town of Arrowroot. Not only known for the town where the Pokemon Professor lives, it is a town known for raising young trainers for the Orsayan Pokemon League. Unfortunately the only young trainer living in Arrowroot town is a trouble maker and rarely ever stays in the town. His name is Kinjo Haru, but almost everyone he knew called him Zapp now and he was finally ready to run away from home. His parents never paid any mind to him and he was done checking in with the Professor so often. So he quickly threw all he could into his bag, grabbed his pokemon and skateboard then high-tailed it outta there.

You all enter the town of Arrowroot from various directions. Some of you have recently just gotten off the new and improved S.S. Anne. State of the art tech has remade her into a powerful cruise liner. The best in the fleet. As such it is the only trusted ship to take people to and from the mysterious Orsay Region, free of charge of course. Then some of you have waltzed into town from your respective homes. Upon entering town you notice that the rumors are true, it really is quite a small town. Some lovely little homes with colored slate roofs decorate this otherwise bland looking area. A central, worn and tamped dirt road leads to and from the town as well as to many of the inhabitant's homes. But nothing stands out more than the center piece of Arrowroot Town; a statue depicting the two creation dragons, Palkia and Dialga. Right behind the statue resides the Pokemon Professor. His lab doesn't look very scientific at all really, more reminiscent of a log cabin with a colored roof. A very young Pichu and Rattata scamper about the patch of farmland next to the Professors lab. A wind picks up around you all and the fresh scent of prairie flowers fill your nose and you see many Hoppip, Jumpluff, Gossifleur, and Eldegoss float on by the town; scattering their seeds all over with the help of the wind. It was spring time and that could only mean that breeding season was starting to kick off for many of the Pokemon species.

You all had managed to find your way to the lab with ease and finally see the other trainers that had been called upon by Linden. But before either of you could even get a word to speak to one another, the doors into the lab burst open, slamming against the building's walls. A young man in bright blue running shoes, black track pants, and a sleeveless black leather jacket shoves his way past you all. "Outta the way dumbasses! I'm inna hurry!" He barks at you; his spiky yellow hair bouncing as he sprints down the path you all just walked up and turns towards Route 1.

Chuck was tired coming off the boat it had been a long trip from Hoenn. Sandshrew, however, had begun to wonder around the second he could. Climbing up trees, seeing other Pokemon and the like.

So this was Orsay, very nice by Chuck's standards and the prospect of a new region to explore was more than enough to put a spring in his step again. As he walked down Route 1 saying hi to the trainers who he could only assume were heading to the Professor as well. "Outta the way dumbasses!" came from ahead as the young man barreled down the road not even seeing the Sandshrew he almost stood on. Chuck rushes over to comfort Sandshrew "what's wrong with you?".

Last edited:
The trip from Kalos had been quite an eventful one for Aloysius and his companion. Aside from the fact it was his first time seeing the ocean - let alone being on a boat - Aloysius had been sick as a Poochyena for most of the journey. He would have figured his journey as a Pokemon Trainer would have a much more poignant beginning than spending eight waking hours a day with his head hung over the side of the SS Anne, retching, but, well, it seemed as though the ocean really didn't agree with him. Somewhere in the first week of sailing he had been approached by another kind young trainer who had offered him some tonic to help relieve his stomach, and though it had indeed helped quite a lot, he had still been wary of leaving his cabin to move around too much. And what a shame that was! All these people on their own journeys, so many to talk to, become friends with, maybe even battle on the way here...! Time wasted.

At least his feet were on solid ground once again, now. Though, he'd admit, his first few steps off the ship had been just as unsteady as his first ones aboard, and a passing sailor had chuckled at him and told him to ease into his land legs once again. The response that the man had gotten was a swift growl from the Ninetales at Aloysius' side and an apologetic smile from her trainer.

"Ah, sorry, don't worry about her, she's... overprotective," he had excused for the white fox. Reached down to scratch behind her ears. "Easy, Élancer..."

At least he wasn't completely directionless in this new region. Though his parents had both been especially worried about Aloysius heading off on his own for the very reason that they both knew their son could wander aimlessly and lost for ages, he at least had a destination in mind, now. Arrowroot Town proved not to be too far away, and the scenic walk was one Loy enjoyed much more than the boat ride. He could smell flowers in the air and see gentle, peaceful Grass-types both floating by and milling in the fields. It put him at ease. When, finally, the small structures of the town that the Pokemon Professor called home came into view, Loy picked up his pace, Ninetales trotting dutifully at his side as they neared the door-

-only to be brushed past by a particularly exuberant youth. Loy quickly sidestepped out of the way, as did Ninetales, but Aloysius did not miss how her hackles had gone up and she had snapped at the boy's heels as he ran off. "Élan..." he chided softly, reaching down to scratch behind her ears once again before shaking his head. There were several other people gathered outside the lab, and Aloysius couldn't help but wonder if they were also here to see the Professor. They were certainly all trainers, it seemed... stepping forward, Loy spoke up, addressing the group at large.

"Is there a line to see Professor Linden?" he asked, a smile spreading on his narrow features. "Happy to wait my turn, if there is..."

Taylor was completely exhausted as he hobbled his way into Arrowroot Town. He'd been excited to receive a message and invitation from an actual Pokemon professor, but why-o-why did he have to live clear across the region? He'd had to hoof it clear across route 2 and 1 double time just reach the place in a timely fashion, not even having had the time to take in the sites of New Tork City along the way. At least given the number of other trainers gathered about what he assumed was the professor's place, he'd made it on time. That was at least something he supposed.

Taylor didn't pay too much mind to angry kid who stormed out of the professor's dwelling, except that he guessed that perhaps the other trainer's apparent displeasure might mean the gift the professor had mentioned in their communication possibly wasn't very good. Honestly, given the number of trainers present, at the very least, it couldn't be that unique. There was really only one way to find out though.

After taking moment to stretch in place a bit and shift his travel-weary shoulders, Taylor bent down pick up the amorphous blob, at his feet, "Okay, Buttercup, we're going to meet Professor Linden soon. There are a lot of trainers with other pokemon here, so remember what we talked about. No copying. We don't want people we've only just met to think we're making fun of them or something."

Chanser turned up to Arrowroot from the road, having hitched a ride from a friend of one of her carers back in New Tork. By the time she reached the rolling hills of the town, she was absolutely miserable; her thighs ached from riding the Rapidash, her nose was all stuffed up from the flowery stuff in the air, and the woman acted like she was gonna steal from her the whole ride down. What was she gonna steal, her freakin' pacemaker?

Sakura was let out the second the woman walked off to get her fill of...whatever was in tiny towns like this one. There was more green than Chanser knew what to do with, but the second she saw her Petilil's little eyes light up, she decided she wasn't gonna let the weirdness get to her. No matter how weirdly quiet it got, or how stuffy her nose got, or how many rural yokels looked at her funny. Like they'd never seen a girl with bright yellow coveralls wrapped around her waist and a fanny pack stuffed with Pokeballs before.

She visited the Pokemart first, picked up a flimsy white medical mask to protect her nose from the pollen and the rest of the world from her sneezes, then headed to the lab. She took the long way round, so Sakura had plenty of time to bounce through the meadow before they arrived, and finally ended found her way there just as some young man dashed out talking at a perfectly normal volume. He'd even introduced himself, though she'd thought Inna was more of a girl's name.

Then some guy in a suit starts to address everyone and she shrugs as she scoops Sakura up, lest she get trampled by the crowd.

"I 'unno. Don't see one," she says in a thick New Tork accent.

The second Chuck let go of Sandshrew it instantly took off behind him. His little explorer hat was almost falling off.

Looking behind him he saw what drew his attention. A nine tales only this one was strangely coloured he had never seen the likes of it. Sandshrew was trying to greet the nine tales. Then Chuck saw the trainer behind, "wait I recognize you, although you are a little less green now."

Chuck carried himself with confidence because he had the most important thing in the world of 14 year olds. He was almost as tall as the older teen. Although, not having his parents around for puberty Chuck was foreign to the concept of early bloomer. It was unlikely he would grow taller but he didnt know that. "The names Chuck Thompson, renowned explorer and the only person to see the legendary Pokemon of the sky Rayquaza. Maybe you've heard of me. What's your name?" Chuck let out his hand for a handshake.

The Rayquaza part was a blatant lie and to Chuck the whole greeting seemed bad ass. However to an older kid this would seem childish.

Aloysius turns to smile in greeting at the bright-haired girl that joined their group and opens his mouth to respond to her when he was suddenly made very aware of the presence of a Sandshrew at his feet as Élancer quickly moved to to step between the charging Pokemon and her trainer. The Ninetales growls again, only seeming to relax a little when she realizes that the attention of the Ground-type is not on her trainer, but instead on herself. Well, that's fine, she seems to say, straightening up. She can handle herself, after all. Though she stays protectively between the Sandshrew and Aloysius, who is trying to amend her behavior.

"Don't worry! She's really friendly, I promise!" he says, kneeling down to wrap his arms around Élancer in a hug. It distracts the Ninetales enough to place a cold lick on Loy's cheek, but her blue eyes remain trained on the Sandshrew. Loy, however, is looking up at Chuck with a smile, seemingly unpreturbed by Élancer's aggressive demeanor. "I do remember you!" he says, standing to shake Chuck's hand. With his own halfway extended, though, his Ninetales jumped up and bit onto his sleeve, dragging his arm back and away. Flushing, Aloysius chuckles a little, seeming chagrined. "She, ah, doesn't like strangers much..." he excuses.

mossopal Pkmn 1.jpg

A chill wafts silently by the gathering trainers before a small figure trudges up from behind a nearby tree, as if she had been skulking her way to the Professor's. An eerie sight: her skin bears the pallor of the grave and her clothes look like she might well have been buried in them, dusty and threadbare in equal measure. She had been all but a shadow aboard the SS Anne--in fact at least one trainer had called security with wild claims about the ship being haunted-- and only left it when nobody would notice.

They would probably notice now, best bring out the manners.

"Excuse me... but is this the professor's place?" her voice is a soft croak and as she gets closer, some may realize with horror or contempt that there are a few fresh footprints marring the front of her hoodie, with a sole design that suspiciously matches the ones worn by the rude kid in a hurry. An old metal pipe is wedged in some slots on the side of her jartop backpack, but as she looks about with her one visible eye in distraction (there certainly are alot of pokemon about...) the rim of said satchel pulls open from the inside by a few jagged spindly fingers... and a ragdoll pikachu head pokes free, its real eyes still shaded below.

"I hope so; we've come from so far and I don't think I got turned around or went under water by mistake this time..."

Chanser watches the fancy man gape like a fish before he gets distracted; not so unusual, really. People must be busy even out here. Then a little girl speaks up and she immediately spots all the familiar signs: Raggedy outfit, timid around adults, a weapon in her bag...yeah, she's seen a few of those before. She smiles, but it's hidden behind her mask, so it doesn't accomplish much.

"Yeah, y'got the right place," she tells the little girl, giving her a bow of the head. "Name's Chanser, this here's Sakura. Nice t'meet ya." The Petilil in her arms lets out a gentle cry at the sight of Mossopal and greets her with a wave.

mossopal Pkmn 1.jpg

Peaking over the girl's shoulder, the mimikyu waves at the petilil in an affably spooky way with one of his 'limbs'. His master bobs her head. "Hello, I am Mossopal...like the stone," she fidgets with her hands a little, seemingly intent on emphasizing she is named after a (semi)precious gem, "And my companion is my little Angel~" Hardly. He seems like a scamp the way he keeps crawling over her shoulders, though Mossopal is none the worse for what looks at least a LITTLE creepy.

Mossopal herself is trying very hard to maintain contact with the masked Chanser, though she keeps looking over at the field. With the Pichu. ...No, she's absolutely looking at the pichu. Angel seems to pick up on this, though all he does is retreat out of the direct light and back into the bag from which he came... "I take it you too were invited... I suppose I would be the only pichu--One. The only one who'd come all this way to pich--this little town."

"Like the stone?" Chanser furrows her brow and quickly takes out her Pokegear, punches in a few words and blinks "Sweet. Dunno what my name means, hope it's good, though." She and Sakura both wave back at the perfectly ordinary Pikachu poking out of Mossopal's pack. "Yeah, I came from over New Tork City, but, uh, ya distracted?" She follows the girl's line of sight to the Pichu playing in the fields and smirks. "Wanna go catch one of 'em later? I can give ya a few tips, if ya want; kinda my specialty."

Chuck withdrew his hand back again to adjust his hat with a smile. "Well I guess shell get to know me eventually. Sandshrew come back." The Sandshrew run back uptown his back where he hung off Chuck's shoulders. "Now who are these two Chanser and Mossopal, correct?" He shivered a bit when he saw Mossopal directly at first. But when he saw she was just a kid Chuck felt really bad about it. Taking it off the subject he gestured to the Pichu "If it were up to me I would go capture it now, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to keep the professor waiting."

Aloysius gives Chuck an apologetic smile all the same before reaching down to scratch his Ninetales behind the ears. He knew that she was just trying to protect him, really, and how could he blame her for that? They were in an entirely strange new world full of strange people, and Loy's father had specifically told Élancer that it was her job to keep his son safe. Seems the Pokemon had really taken that to heart. She sticks close to his side even as he approaches the two girls, offering them a smile. "Hello!" he all but chirps. "Are we all here to see the Professor?" he asks. "I'm Aloysius le Fay, this is Élancer, it's a pleasure to meet you!" he says. His eyes, which have closed with his smile, open again to look at the two girls. Chanser stands out directly, with her bright toned hair and yellow clothing. But Mossopal draws his attention quickly enough, and he gasps at the sight of her.

"Are you ill?" he asks, seeing her pale pallor and tired-seeming features. He steps a bit closer to her, but Élancer grabs him by the coattails and yanks him back and away, growling at the strange, ghostly girl with the fur along her back standing on end.

You all hear footsteps from the entrance and get your first real look at Professor Linden. Standing just shorter than Chuck, he looks up at most of you behind his almost rimless glasses. Yet he stands with a confidence only a man of his age and reputation could. Clutching his notebook tight to his side he speaks in a more nasally-gruff voice than you would expect. "My my my. The kids get bigger every year. And little Mossopal, fantastic to meet you all!" He bends down to pat Moss on the head with a bright smile before speaking back up. "I'm so sorry about Zapp. He's been having a lot of troubles lately...I shouldn't worry you all about such matters. Please, come in, there is much to show you!"

Linden ushers you all in and doesn't even worry about closing the doors. Once you walk in though, you all realize that it definitely does not look like a simple log cabin on the inside. The walls are covered in all sorts of electronic equipment and machines. Multiple colored lights all blink on and off seemingly at random, yet those who are skilled in technology know them to be working accordingly. A couple woman dressed in white lab coats are currently tinkering with a computer's innards while a man also dressed in a lab coat is busy clacking away at a keyboard on the opposite side of the room; his monitor shows lots of lines of data and codes. The large room seems much smaller to the eye though as there are a few long tables and desks scattered about creating an odd pathway towards the back of the room. But once you do reach the back, the Professor turns to look at you all again. "I'm glad you could all make it. I wanted to see you all in person because you each have a reputation about you. And I respect that even if some would not. Not only respect it, I encourage it. You all more than likely have an idea about what you want to do in life and I want to help further that goal."

He turns around and opens a drawer and pulls out a small briefcase and gives you all another bright smile of his. "I said I had a gift for each of you and I wasn't joking. I want to see you all become the best versions of yourselves that you can be. Even Zapp. So may I present to you your Second Pokemon of your careers! I know you will care for them as much as you do your starters." He then hands you each a Pokeball individually.

He then reaches back into his desk and pulls out what looks like a thick pen, "And if any of your Pokedexs cannot read the National dex, I can simply fix it with this device. There is no "regional dex" here, we all use the full National dex around thee parts. Any questions so far?"

Before Mossopal can respond to Aloysius' concerns, the Professor has come out of the building and ushered them all inside, effectively distracting Loy from his questioning of the young girl. A glance around the lab tells Aloysius that despite outside appearances, this Professor certainly knows his stuff - of course, that's really just an assumption. Aloysius doesn't really know much about technology, but it all looks fancy and official and so he can only presume that that's exactly what it is.

And then he's distracted all over again by the Professor, for he's being handed a Pokeball and told that this is the gift for which they all showed up. Unable to resist seeing what was inside, Loy immediately taps the button and the ball grows in his hand, the red beam shooting forward and taking shape in the form of a small...
"Ralts!" Aloysius declares immediately, his eyes going wide. While he was certainly no expert on all the Pokemon in the world, he'd had a book of Fairy-types back at home which he had flipped through often, and this Pokemon is one he recognizes from the illustrations in the novel. Only... the coloration was different than anything he had seen before. Was this a unique attribute of an Orsayan Ralts? Like his Ninetales was different from the Fire-types of most other regions? He can only speculate about that... later, though. Right now, he is kneeling to pick up the small Pokemon, a huge smile on his face.

"Hello there, tiny thing..." he murmurs, attention focused entirely on the new member of his team. At his side, Élancer has her fur ruffled once again, almost seeming to pout, but Loy doesn't notice that immediately.

Last edited:
Moss catching the Pichu would have to wait another day Chuck would guess as the Professor came to collect us. Mechanical do-dads lines the was inside this outwardly log cabin. This was a very strange sight.

"Thank you Professor" Chuck had not expected to get another Pokemon consider Sandshrew was already his first. But having a second around couldn't hurt of course. Certainly Sandshrew would love a new friend too. Chuck wasted no time letting the Pokemon out of the ball. And Sandshrew wasting no time going to greet the Treecko, holding his hand out for a hand shake. Chuck would also greet him "welcome to the family Treecko there's a place on my shoulder for you." The Treecko ignored both and turned his head away in am egotistical manner. Clearly this would be more difficult to befriend than Sandshrew.

"Its alright Sandshrew come back up, he'll come around eventually." Chuck shot a smile to Treecko as Sandshrew returned to his place on Chuck back arms hanging from his shoulders.

Chanser sits herself on the end of one of Professor Linden's desk once he starts explaining all about his respect for them, blah blah. She'd be a little suspicious of someone being so friendly to her on first instinct, but the guy works for the government so she figures it's probably because of his job.

"Thanks," she says as she's passed a Pokeball, though a little less enthusiastic than some of the others. She rolls it around her fingers, contemplating. Is it really earned if she didn't catch it herself? She didn't catch Sakura, either, but she did earn the currently-peering Petilil... For the moment, she just links the Pokeball to her Pokegear and tucks it away. Getting pretty crowded in the lab already. "Hey, where'd you get that hat?" she asks the old guy. "Can I get it somewhere cheap?"

mossopal Pkmn 1.jpg
"I didn't think exorcists got such good notoriety--"

Mossopal looks down shyly as she's patted, though someone tugs her along inside before she can get more distracted by a roaming pichu. She doesn't have the best vantage point to take in the interior due to her height, and the poor kid keeps trying to find a window that might be facing out where the pichu is-- Up until the professor mentions a second pokemon.

She gaps at him.

Her first pokemon--wherever it is now-- wasn't given to her, though Fantina had helped her catch it. And she doesn't like to dwell on that, even the good memories. Angel alone has never been scared of her appearance, her aura of fright, or her penchant for violence against doors. It almost seems unfathomable that someone, even someone nice, would just up and give her a pokemon. Angel himself clambers out of her backpack to stare at the orb placed in her hands. He's a very jealous creature, but even he ultimately wants Mossopal to be happy, and more friends would lend to that. So to him it's a necessary evil. As the others meet their new charges she just stares at the ball, shuddering once or twice. Until the mimikyu gets impatient and reaches down to press the release button.

*click*

A cotton candy blur escapes the pokeball with a nicker, and Mossopal stares down a galarian ponyta that looks up at her unflinching. A calm creature, shesnorts and clops closer to her, nosing her hand gently. Mossopal looks ready to fall apart--not out of sadness but of sheer joy, though her subsequent rictis smile is a little creepy with too much teeth showing. The ponyta blinks, and yet still doesn't seem to mind, nosing her again.

"Oh... she... she's gorgeous." she mutters after a few moments of happy shuddering. By now she's been able to pet her new friend. She briefly recalls most ponyta can be ridden, though this one is too small for her... However...

Mossopal plucks her mimikyu off her shoulder and deposits him onto the pontya's back. She doesn't flinch. Angel doesn't know where she's going with this, but just sits on the equine's back. "Look, Angel, she's big enough for you to ride on for now!"

Everyone else was handling their new Pokemon like pros. What a bad impression he was giving with this new Treecko. It couldn't be helped though. For now he was glad the Treecko wasn't running off because Chuck wasnt about to put a Pokemon with an attitude like that back in the ball it would just make things worse.

Chuck then noticed that despite 4 trainers being present only 3 Pokemon are out. "Uh Chanser, right?" This teen was a little more intimidating than the other two. "Arent you gonna let your Pokemon out? See what it is, say hi and all that?"

"Eh?" Chanser blinks as she's addressed by the tan boy, interrupting her hat-based train of thought. "Yeah, just gonna do it outside. Gettin' kinda crowded in here, y'know?"

mossopal Pkmn 1.jpg

"Well, now that you mention the outside..."
Mossopal looks up from petting her new ponyta, who has by rights been an exceptionally good sport about being teamed up with a dead girl, and Angel who is humoring how happy she's become, "When you say goals... um.. I just wanted to start over a new ponyta--life, I meant life, here. Does that mean we can make money as trainers? Or buy a house and get jobs as trainers? ...Or go outside and try to become friends with that pichu I saw? I...wasn't quite sure if this region needed an exorcist or has ghost problems; that's usually why pichu--ponyta--PEOPLE, I meant people, hire me or set me on some sort of task..."

Angel looks at his master and face palms. Or rather, to keep up appearances, his shadowy limb reaches up and presses against his false, lumpy head.

Aloysius glances over to the others, then around the room as he realizes that, yes, in fact, it is starting to get crowded in here, isn't it? Putting on a smile, he turns to his Ninetales. "Elan, why don't we step outside, and you can get acquainted with your new sister-" he begins, only to just now notice that she has her hackles up. Loy holds Ralts a little closer to his chest, quickly attempting to smooth things over. "Now, now, Elancer, be nice! You know we left home so I could be a trainer, we're finally building our team!" he says, and after a tense moment, the Ninetales seems to accept this rationalization. She moves a bit closer to sniff at the Ralts, who has its little face buried in Aloysius' neck. From what Aloysius remembers from his reaching, Ralts could sense the emotions of people and Pokemon around it, and he wonders what sort of feelings its getting from Elancer, right now.

Nonetheless, he attempts a smile, and looks up to the Professor. "My 'dex is National," he says. "My grandmother left it for me, and she's been all over the place. Thank you for the offer, though, and this beautiful new friend!" he says. "Was there anything else?"

It was a curious thing Mos already had a Pikachu but seemed transfixed on catching the Pichu. Must be a real fan of them huh. "If that's all we need professor I will be heading out. I have my first gym to be after all." He then directed his attention to the Treecko. "You want to head outside?" The Treecko maintained the same attitude and it even made Sandshrew a little sad.

Aloysius looks up as Chuck mentions he's heading to the gym. Offering the younger boy a smile, he straightens up. "I was thinking of heading there myself," he says. "Do you want to go together? I'm, ah, afraid I have the unfortunate tendency to get lost when I'm on my own..." he chuckles.

Wanting to tag along!? This came as a great surprise an older kid wanting to group up with Chuck. He managed mask his surprise and excitement well, Sandshrew on the other hand had no such talent and began jumping around. "Well that sounds like a plan, I tend to have a good sense of direction." Chuck also noticed the Treecko was getting slowly closer, it seemed as though the lizard was going to stick around at the very least. That gave an even wider grin to his smile as he gave a thumbs up to Loy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back