• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: A Breaking World (CLOSED)

DragonPaws4

Hey hey hey
Arceus has fallen, the Legends are fighting among themselves, and the world is paying the price. Natural disasters have become commonplace, the weather has become so volatile that the words "winter, spring, summer, and autumn" have become meaningless, and day and night themselves are no longer regular. Pokemon are dying, and for what? The Legends' hunger for power?

This is when a few brave souls take on the perilous mission to appease the Legends and save their world.

So, this is my first time ever hosting an rp on here. I'm thinking of it taking place in a universe much like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, with talking Pokemon, Rescue Teams, and the like. If you're interested, don't be afraid to say so, and I'm open to any suggestions on the rp itself and how to run it!

So, what I mean when I say "the Legends" are all of the legendary Pokemon that have appeared on box art, but also including the legendary bird trio and a few others. I'll put a list of all of them here for convenience:

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza ,Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Solgaleo, Lunala

All of these Pokemon will be NPCs as I don't want any one person in this rp to have an over-powered Pokemon, which leads me to my next point...

Rules:
- You can play as any Pokemon species you want other than the listed ones, but please refrain from using mythicals (Mew, Celebi, Manaphy, etc.) or any other legendaries that were not listed. If you really want to though, I'm sure we can work something out.
- Don't be rude. It's not fun for anyone.
- Please don't ghost, if you want to leave the rp, just say so, it's not a problem.

Just as an aside, I'm not at all familiar with bbcodes other than the fact that I know they exist, I don't know what they do, what they're used for, or anything else really.

If you want to join, please stop by and say hello! If this takes off, I'll create a thread for the character sheet, the rp itself once it actually happens, and maybe a lore page, but I'm not too sure at the moment what would actually go on it.

Character Sheet
OOC Thread
Main RP

Last edited:
Hmm... So, what is this perilious mission? And who give this mission and to whom?

Last edited:
I'm interested, mystery dungeon has always been really amazing in my opinion. But as the person before me said, what is their goal? Is arceus dead, sleeping, MIA? In the latter instances, are they trying to find him again/wake him in order for him to step in?

What brings the group together, or are they all part of a guild before hand?

And as an aside, will the original mew be a threat, or is it one of the more 'I'm just trying to get by' creatures? I'm just entirely curious, because in every instance of that pokemon it's always appeared rather sweet and childish, so I wanted to know if that's what you were sticking with.

I'll be heading out today and won't be back until late tomorrow or so, but I'll try to read if I can, or get short responses here if able.

I'm interested, mystery dungeon has always been really amazing in my opinion. But as the person before me said, what is their goal? Is arceus dead, sleeping, MIA? In the latter instances, are they trying to find him again/wake him in order for him to step in?

What brings the group together, or are they all part of a guild before hand?

And as an aside, will the original mew be a threat, or is it one of the more 'I'm just trying to get by' creatures? I'm just entirely curious, because in every instance of that pokemon it's always appeared rather sweet and childish, so I wanted to know if that's what you were sticking with.

I'll be heading out today and won't be back until late tomorrow or so, but I'll try to read if I can, or get short responses here if able.

Hmm... So, what is this perilious mission? And who give this mission and to whom?

I'm thinking of having Arceus be MIA due to a rebellion from one the Legends, most likely Giratina just because of the history they have together. The mission would either be to try and find Arceus to have him step in, or to confront the Legends themselves if the former is not possible.

I would say the group should already have been part of the guild, but if someone wants to play a Pokemon that lives near said guild and wants to join the mission they could.

As for Mew, it will probably be one of the "I'm just trying to get by" creatures, because as you said, it is rather sweet and childish and probably won't want to fight.

Haven't played Pokemon since X and Y but I'll try my best.

It looks like a good amount of people are at least interested in this rp, so I’ll post a character sheet thread later today as I’m on mobile right now and am going to be out for a while today.

How many more people do you guys think we should wait for?

I'm unsure on the amount of people to wait for. On the CS, will there be any exact limitations for the characters? Will we be using level as a replacement for age? And even if we're not, I doubt any one member is going to be level 100 (without very good reason). So I'm just curious if there will be a sort of cap in place you'll be giving for anything of that manner.

I think we should wait for a total of around 10 people total, including the people we have now.

Also, I don't really think there should be levels, as that seems like a system invented for the sake of simplicity in the games, and only the games.

Good point, good point. I guess the only other question would be will TM's still be the only way to get some moves? I mean, if that's the case, doesn't make a difference, as towns actually did sell TM's...which I guess the pokemon read like a...'how too' book? Never understood that.

Well, remember, humans most likely aren't in this world, and so I don't think it will have TMs. But maybe there could be move tutors or something? Maybe?

Well, remember, humans most likely aren't in this world, and so I don't think it will have TMs. But maybe there could be move tutors or something? Maybe?
Well, humans weren't present in previous games either, and they still had the TM item. I always figured it was like a visual how too, for the learner to use it.

Is this still recruiting?
Yep! You can join!

I'm interested! Love the mystery dungeon games
Welcome!

I'm unsure on the amount of people to wait for. On the CS, will there be any exact limitations for the characters? Will we be using level as a replacement for age? And even if we're not, I doubt any one member is going to be level 100 (without very good reason). So I'm just curious if there will be a sort of cap in place you'll be giving for anything of that manner.
Other than avoiding mythicals and legendaries, limitations are rather straight-forward. No moves that the Pokémon can’t learn, and no evolved Pokémon bellow the level they evolve at (for instance, no level 15 Charizards). Speaking of levels, I’d say let’s have them, unless you guys don’t want them. We can maybe have it so that leveling up isn’t super hard in this universe so decently high-leveled Pokémon aren’t that rare, like level 60-ish Pokémon are somewhat common for seasoned Rescue Teams. As for TMs, I’d say we can have them be the only way to learn certain moves, but they could be easily accessible to Rescue Teams.

I think we should wait for a total of around 10 people total, including the people we have now.

Also, I don't really think there should be levels, as that seems like a system invented for the sake of simplicity in the games, and only the games.
10 seems like a decent number.

I'm fine with high levels being somewhat common, and everything else sounds good. Because when you think about it, a legendary can still take on enemies a few levels above it with ease, since some of them have legendary exclusive moves. For example, that dialga may LOOK weaker than you, but it's roar of time will not only damage you, but from a mechanics standpoint in mystery dungeon, it's also going to have some ill side effects I imagine.

I'm fine with high levels being somewhat common, and everything else sounds good. Because when you think about it, a legendary can still take on enemies a few levels above it with ease, since some of them have legendary exclusive moves. For example, that dialga may LOOK weaker than you, but it's roar of time will not only damage you, but from a mechanics standpoint in mystery dungeon, it's also going to have some ill side effects I imagine.
I don’t know, did Roar of Time have a side effect? I never lived long enough to notice that it lowered stats or anything hehe

In game, it's never had a side effect. But I imagine purely for story telling aspect and aesthetic of a rp, some of the more powerful moves will do strange things/logical things. Roar of time will make time seem a bit wonky on this afflicted, Spacial rend would be like getting tossed through reality itself, etc etc. This is just me tossing out ideas at this point, it's up to dragon's discretion on some of these exlusive and powerful moves have moments like that.

In game, it's never had a side effect. But I imagine purely for story telling aspect and aesthetic of a rp, some of the more powerful moves will do strange things/logical things. Roar of time will make time seem a bit wonky on this afflicted, Spacial rend would be like getting tossed through reality itself, etc etc. This is just me tossing out ideas at this point, it's up to dragon's discretion on some of these exlusive and powerful moves have moments like that.
I hadn’t thought a lot about what those moves would do from a story-telling perspective, and I really like the idea of doing those sorts of things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back