• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokémon Legends Kalos

Captain Spooks

Your friendly neighborhood Darkwraith

Kingdom of Kalos, 1500​

85ee42333ee2a48174a6f05430830243.jpg

Thousands of years after the Great Kalos War, the tales of the great weapon soon became myths and legends and the people of Kalos eventually healed from the scars of that great tragedy. Though just as scars heal with time, lessons learned are also washed away like footprints in the sand. When the late King Baptiste the Elder suddenly passed away, leaving the throne to his young son Prince Matthieu who was too young to rule. Though the ascension was met with disruption in the nobility as Lord Gustav, King Baptiste's cousin, claimed that late Kings daughter in Law, Princess Marie should be Queen as she was the eldest. This schism split Kalos in two with the Order of the Azure Deer taking up the western coast of Kalos, and the House of the Crimson Hawk making up the eastern half. The Church of Kalos making up the remaining neutral party in the central and southern portion of the kingdom (basically coastal, mountain and central Kalos). This conflict would go down as the War of the Crown.

Welcome to a medieval based pokemon rp set in Kalos! Our merry group will start as students at an academy located in Santalune City. During the roleplay our group will be swept up in the War of the Crown and uncover the truth behind its origin, and the group pulling the strings from the shadows. I plan for this to be split into three acts, each divided by a timeskip though the first will mostly be introductions and getting everything set up. I'll get working on some lore and more details, but here are a few basics so you can get to brainstorming:
  1. Magic exists in this time, ancestors of Pokémon's psychics and there are those who can weave magic into spells.​
  2. Much like our own Medieval era there is a big difference between common folk and nobility and it will play a large role in the story.​
  3. Starting characters will be teenage years as they are students, this will also mean their quiet weak/inexperienced so keep that in mind.​
  4. Also keep in mind of timeskips, while our characters will be teens in the beginning there's a good chance they'll grow older during the roleplay.​
  5. For sake of simplicity characters are allowed one partner Pokémon.​
  6. Characters will have base stats just like Pokemon, everyone will start with 300 points to spread (This is mostly flavor as to show what they're good at)​

6de972dcebe3ef86eb41a9cc07e72572.jpg
Jeanne Of Dampierre
Female (she/her) / 16 / House Dampierre
Fighting-Steel
Lawful Good

Personality
A splitting image of her late father, though only in will. Jeanne is a paragon of virtue in the making. She tries to embody everything a chivalrous knight should be, and unyielding wall for the weak, and an upholder of justice just as her father was. Unlike most nobility she treats common folk with respect, though mostly out of obligation she doesn't have any feeling of superiority over them, just as a protector. Though a part of this behavior is enabled by the looming shadow of her noble house, with two older siblings it's clear that Jeanne is the runt of them, and she knows it. Even at her age her brothers exploits and talents far exceed her own, and because of this Jeanne often pushes herself too far in order to meet the standards set by her noble birth.

Despite all of this Jeanne herself hasn't seemed to buckle under the pressure, or at least she can mask the pressure and stress that often clouds her mind. Jeanne is often Naïve, most in part due to her young age but she does have a habit of seeing the world in black and white, often seeing bad deeds without any insight. Albeit young Jeanne is both a capable fighter and leader who's willpower is unshakable.

History
The last child of Lord Jules Dampierre and the only girl out of three kids. She was raised like any child of House Dampierre, swept into the Order of Aura to become one of their knights. Though even from a young age it was clear that she was not cut from the same cloth. Her aura abilities had awakened late and Jeanne had trouble controlling it. What was seeming natural to her siblings was a challenge to her, swinging a blade, feeling other beings auras, and even reading their thoughts. Despite showing clear effort she was lagging behind not only the expectations of her house, but of her peers as well. But that didn't stop Jeanne, day and night were spent training, only stopping for necessities. Some say she nearly felled a tree from striking it so much with her sword, the only thing stopping her was her dull blade. Through hard work and effort she was able to catch up to her peers and even excel beyond them, at least by a hair. Though noble birth and show of skill Jeanne was accepted into the Santalune Academy of War and Magik, though mostly through her noble heritage, where she studies to this day.

Class
Squire of Aura
A young knight in training. Squires are a sort of jack of all trades when it comes to martial combat, lacking the expertise in a certain field when compared to their more experienced counterparts. While lacking the offensive capabilities of warriors and the defense of a knights a squires versatility can still make them a valuable asset to the team.

In Jeanne's case she is A squire of the Order of Aura meaning she differs from other squires, thanks to her heritage. Albeit weak she can harness and manipulate aura, using it to bolster both the stats of her allies and herself. As well as imbue her own attack and body with aura. Though currently this ability is weak, she will temper it like a molten blade over time. Due to the tradition of Aura Knights she is locked to using only swords and medium armor.

Powers and Talents
Aura Manipulation ~ A staple of House Dampierre, a long lineage of powerful aura users. Being able to tap into the minds of others, and sensing another beings aura even when they cannot be seen. Aura seems to manifest itself differently, for Jeanne she currently has access to the following powers:
  • Aura Boost ~ Boost an creatures stat by one stage​
  • Aura Strike /fighting/ ~ Imbue an attack with aura, dealing more damage​
  • Aura Sense (weak) ~ Sense other living being nearby, limited to a 5 foot range​
Swordsmanship ~ While not a master swordsman like her brother, Jeanne is considered above average when compared to her peers.

Leadership ~ A Dampierre talent, Jeanne is able to bolster and inspire her comrades. Taking charge and bearing the weight of leaderships comes natural to her.

Willpower ~ Jeanne's will is unshakable, where other fall to despair Jeanne stands strong.
Stats
Health: 50
Attack: 70
Defense: 60
Special Attack: 55
Special Defense: 25
Speed: 40
Other
  • Jeanne is the Ancestor of Korrina
ani_bw_447.gif

Riolu
Male
Brave
Steadfast
Fighting

Companions to members of House Dampierre, each member is given one at birth. Jeanne and her Riolu have been inseparable since birth, and while they cannot telepathically speak yet through aura they are still deeply connected to each others emotions. Jeanne treats him akin to a sibling.

tracking this rp, interested is an understatement.

Sweet I'll get started once I get home! I'll try to get character sheets and lore done by today

Put me down as interested!

Acethekidd Acethekidd blitzfritz blitzfritz Hecotoro Hecotoro Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6 Anthem Anthem Ploegy Ploegy

A little intro to some of the lore and key players, please feel free to hit me up with ideas or if you want to write some lore. I'd be glad to discuss things!
I'll also have to cs up soon!

Lore

Magic
Also known as the weave magic is an unseen force that can be manipulated used to create a number of different effects. Some known as sorcerers can naturally control the weave, though they're more commonly restricted to their natural affinity. While those to control magic through study and instruments are known as wizards, who can tap into a number of different elemental magic. Most cases of magic often mimic the abilities of Pokemon. It can harm, heal, defend, and even enhance both beings and inanimate objects. Not much is known about the intricacies of magic, leading to an influx of scholars and wizards in Kalos.

House Rochefort
Current leader: None
Realm: Kingdom of Kalos, Dutchy of Lumiose
The royal house of Kalos who've ruled over the region for thousands of years. One of the oldest Noble Houses in Kalos their fame is known far and wide, and with every other Noble house swearing fealty to them. After the death Of King Baptiste the throne was left open and a power vacuumed soon swallowed Kalos. There are two heirs to House Rochefort, Prince Matthieu, and The Queens daughter Princess Marie. The queen herself is occupied keeping peace in Lumiose but her power can only reach there. A branch of House Rochefort is controlled by Lord Gustav Rochefort, leader of the House of the Crimson Hawk, he lays reign over the Dutchy of Anistar and swears alligence to Princess Marie.

House Dampierre
Current Leader: Xavier Dampierre
Realm: Order of the Azure Deer, Dutchy of Shalour
A lineage of brave knights an leaders, powerful aura users members of House Dampierre make up the highest echelon of Knights in Kalos. Many among them rank as legends such as the Late Lord Jules Dampierre and many more before him. House Dampierre are known as the Swords of Kalos as they hold a very sizable military force within the Kingdom, enough so when the Late King Passed and the region split many lesser nobles were quick to swear fealty to House Dampierre. This faction would become the Order of the Azure Deer with House Dampierre backing Prince Matthieu's right to the throne.

(More may be added in the future if people want to make their own)

King Baptiste the Elder
Previous King in Kalos, throughout his youth he struggled to have an heir and despite all odd even in old age and before his death him and the queen finally had a son, Prince Matthieu.

Queen Ariane Rochefort
The second wife of the Late King, she currently holds the title of Regent though her power only spreads as far as lumiose. She is the mother of both Prince Matthieu and Princess Marie, the later of which bearing no relation to the King.

Lord Jules of Dampirre
Previous head of House Dampierre, more commonly reffered as Thunder Flash Jules he was a famed and well honor knight and warrior. Even suffering from a debilitating sickness his swordsmanship was second to none. In his youth he was instrumental in the defense of Kalos from the incursion of the Northmen. He is regarded as a Legend and a Hero and his name and legacy is well known across the Kingdom.

Lord Xavier of Dampierre
The current head of House Dampirre and the eldest son of Lord Jules. Before the schism Lord Xavier served as a commander in the military, and his stern but fair demeanor gained him popularity. While not as well-versed with the blade compared to his younger brother Xavier is still a talented and dangerous tactician.

(More will be added in the future)

I'm interested but I'm also not up to date on Pokemon (I've been playing through the games and just finished gen4).

I'm interested but I'm also not up to date on Pokemon (I've been playing through the games and just finished gen4).
That's okay! I'm pretty well versed in the series, so let me know if you have any questions!

That's okay! I'm pretty well versed in the series, so let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks! I'll try to not annoy you with too many questions.

Obviously legendaries and pseudo legendaries aren't allowed for our poke-partners, is there any other type I should avoid?

Thanks! I'll try to not annoy you with too many questions.

Obviously legendaries and pseudo legendaries aren't allowed for our poke-partners, is there any other type I should avoid?
Pseudos are fine just as long as youn understand they probably won't reach their final evolution until the later acts, but over all legendaries are the biggest no. I don't want to lock out a bunch of cooler 1 or 2 stage pokemon

Captain Spooks Captain Spooks
So let's say I'd like my character to have a Pokémon that evolves via item. Could I have them start with the base mon and obtain the item / evolve the mon as we move through acts?

Captain Spooks Captain Spooks
So let's say I'd like my character to have a Pokémon that evolves via item. Could I have them start with the base mon and obtain the item / evolve the mon as we move through acts?
Sure! Whatever works best with you! Once we get past the first act when or how you want your pokemon to evolve! I want you guys to be an active part in the story as well, kinda like a dnd game but without the math!

Also interested! I haven't played X/Y but I'll be able to learn as I go ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back