• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Kalos (Roleplay Thread)

CODE BY SEROBLISS
AZUMI
TOWERS

July 6th, That one farm, Kalos.

Azumi watched as Oracle jumped on her trainer. For a second she was concerned, but she realized that they were trainer and Pokemon, figuring Oracle wouldn't hurt him. Just like her guess, the Absol backed away, she did seem upset though. Still, helping Monty with his Oracle issues was something on her mind, but Esther changed the subject as she arrived.

"Mademoiselle Esther, I must say I'm impressed by your ability to protect this farm." Azumi pulled out a four feet baguette from her backpack, she handed it over to Monty. "Hold this, so we can make some proper dinner."

Azumi began to take things from her bag, including a blanket to set the food on, lettuce, tomatoes, honey mustard, ranch, ham, green peppers, cheese, mayonnaise and olives. She set them down and began to prepare the blanket while talking to the group. "I can take the next shift if that's okay. After some food and rest, me and my team should be ready to go."

While extending the blanket across the floor, Azumi started to explain their dynamic adventure. "Well we did several errands. You were here when we got the medical supplies, we managed to get them safely to the hospital after a small interruption from some Sandile. We then met this... odd spider person, who gave us some spider Pokemon to drop in the Yanma nest. We saved some Flabebe, which ended up joining my team, it seems they like Nana? I will figure that out later. Then we sneaked into the Yanma's main nest, dropped the spider, then came over here. We're planning to report all this to the rangers, but in the morning. Traveling at night in this situation, seems unsafe."

Once Azumi had finished retelling the events of that day, she had set up a small picnic for the team. "Well, let's dig in."

Money: 85,250
Bag:
x10 Great Ball
X5 Pokeballs
x4 Super Potion
X2 Revives
X2 Paralyze Heal
X2 Antidote
X1 Burn Heal
X1 Ice Heal

x5

CODE BY SEROBLISS
MONTAGNE KHASTIL
July 6 — Berry Farm, Rivière Walk (Route 7), Kalos

That about covered everything, from the spider-freak to his surprisingly efficient pokémon, so Monty just kept his mouth shut as Azumi broke down their day. He was only half-paying attention, anyway, too focused on keeping his hands from shaking to give much input.

Oracle had outbursts before, but that was unlike anything she'd done in the month he'd known her. Slicing his beer can was nothing compared to the feeling of her weight on top of him, claws out and <Pressure> cranked to the maximum. And the look in her eyes...he stole a glance at the Absol, laying down with her back to the rest of the camp, and looked away just as quickly.

What had he done to her? Aside from the Yanmega battle, she hadn't even been out of her ball all day—oh. Tch. The Absol had probably spent more time in her Luxury Ball today than she'd spent since they partnered up in the first place! When was the last time she'd even been out? Earlier in the berry cart, when she picked that fight and he recalled her and Chauffemagne?

No wonder she was pissed.

The gangster picked up one of the sandwiches that Azumi made with a quiet, "Merci," and when he took his first bite he realized that his team was likely hungry, too. Would they be as angry as Oracle was, too? Either way, he needed them fed and at full strength. In two flashes of white out they came, and both were much happier to see him than their teammate was.

Abnégarde immediately jumped to her trainer's shoulders, and did her best to crane her neck out to snatch the sandwich right from his hands. What did she think she was...no, better she had it than him. He could just make another one, anyway. Monty gave her half, which the little silver Eevee wolfed down immediately, and gave the other half to Chauffemagne. The Houndour didn't inhale it quite as fast as his juvenile teammate, but it went down the hatch quick.

Damn, they'd probably need more. Monty did have food for them in his backpack, but they were on a whole-ass berry farm. No one would notice if a few went missing, right? He'd try his luck later. In the meantime, now that everyone was in camp the gangster turned his attention to Esther.

"Et toi? Your defenses are something else. How effective were they?"

1704693035538.png
Queen Oracle the Honored One
1704693049009.png
Chauffemagne
1704693059893.png
Abnégarde

Wednesday, July 6th — 8:46 p.m.

Esther Rosana Sophys
Route 7, Rivière Walk, Berry Fields
Kalos
Interactions: Beatrice Lazlo ( Grand Overlord Koop Grand Overlord Koop ) | Celia Besnard ( ThePlayfulFox ThePlayfulFox ) | Azumi Towers ( Hecotoro Hecotoro ) | Montagne Khastil ( Patriot Patriot )
Mentions: N/A

Pokémon
On-hand

“Ehhh, it’s so-so” Esther emoted then gestured to the pile of berries they’d been using as bait. “The idea is not to test the defense, I’m not too confident in my engineering. I’ve had Çiera hiding under there and using Sweet Scent to attract any would-be attackers, then we run patrols to take ‘em out. It’s been tiring but so far, so good. Between my ears, Houndour’s nose, and Pari’s telepathy, nothing’s slipped past us yet. We might even be more effective at nights!”

A short bark of laughter followed. Coincidence enough, Esther’s team could function in day night cycles—Pyrrha, Çiera, and Susu operating diurnally while Kasriel, Pari, and Houndour handled the nocturnal hours. It some ways it roughest on Esther herself, since her breaks were few and far between, without some creative thinking the Oblivian might’ve crashed from exhaustion but curiously enough, she seemed to almost vibrate in place. This was no illusion. To combat inevitable weariness, Esther had…improvised. According to her pokéex, Bounsweet sweat was a potent sweetener, usually too sweet for human consumption. By mixing Çiera’s sweat with water, Esther had created a sugar-filled drink to keep her energy high. Simply put, the Oblivian was operating on a sugar high.

“Think we’ll be able to move on in a couple days then? I don’t think I can do these lengthy patrols for more than a day or two…”

“Did your defeat sting that badly; that you now sulk as a beaten Poochyena?” Houndour’s paws were silent against the grass as she padded to within three body-lengths of her erstwhile foe. The Absol’s mood was foul, for whatever reason. Her displeasure made abundantly clear as she turned her back from her…trainer. Curious. A cursory glance at the trainer in question, and the Pokémon around him, made it abundantly clear the Absol was the strongest by a howl and a half. If that was the source of her pride, it was sadly misplaced.
$6,320 | Pokéball x 0 | Practice Ball | PokéToy | PokéFlute | Super Potion x 2

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Bottle (1/2 Gallon)
Water Purifier & Filter
Gothic Lolita Set (Clothing)
Lace Set (Clothing)
Chic Asymmetry Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear
Climbing Gear
Swimwear

July 6th, Wednesday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Berry Fields, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

As the hours passed, daylight soon faded into dusk. During the transition from morning to Dusk, Beatrice and her team were hard at work. Shovel and paws hitting dirt, Beatrice and Clyde have been digging a multitude of holes in the ground all over their assigned area. Beside the groundwork, Seda and Wattz had been collecting a pile of wood, cut down thanks to the Rotom's fan form's Air Slash. While the others worked, Vallace stood by as the lookout, he made sure no wild pokemon or other distractions would impede the rest of the team. Also present on the scene was a Croagunk, the small poison type was casually sitting against a tree, watching the trainer and her pokemon work away at the land while munching on a sandwich.

The state Beatrice was in was untidy to say the least, her hands were covered in dirt and small blisters, her hair was a mess and looked glossy with grease, sweat permeated her body and soaked into her already dirt covered clothing. However, the young woman didn't seem to mind at all as she swept some sweat from her forehead before climbing out of her newly dug crater. "Alright..." She turned towards the Croagunk sitting next to her workplace. "You're up, remember our deal." Right on cue, the poison type sluggishly pushed himself up and walked to the hole. The Croagunk opened its mouth and then proceeded to cover the bottom of the crater with Poison Sting. "Alright, now let's see..." The girl spoke before scanning her eyes across the area. The land was covered by an almost uniform field of craters, each being filled with a layer of poisonous needles upon their completion. The space between each hole was kept to a minimum, ensuring there was little to no place for potential invaders to get a footing. If they were to fall, they would find themselves on a bed of sharp poison at the bottom of a ditch. "That should be enough holes for now. We can move on from that." The girl announced out loud.

Stepping over the fence to the farm side of the field, Beatrice put her shovel down against her work table and picked up a towel. On top of said table was a set of woodworking tools, a respirator mask, some rope and a power drill with a few different head attachments. As the young woman wiped the dirt and grime off her hands and face, a sweet aroma reached her nose. Beartice then noticed what looked like light from a fire coming from the center of the farm. "Huh, are they making food?" She then glanced at the sky. "Well, I suppose it is pretty late now." Then, a growl came from her stomach. "Ah, I guess it's true I haven't really eaten anything since this morning. I guess it's time to take a break." She declared before turning to her pokemon. "Hey everyone! Let's go take a break. I think they're making food over there." She yelled out, motioning to where the fire was. Hearing this, Beatrice's pokemon all collectively let out a cheer.

A few minutes passed as Beatrice and her team closed in on the campfire. The first thing she noticed was that Monty and Azumi had returned. "Oh hey, when did you two get back?" She asked as she sat down next to the fire. Alongside the girl and her pokemon, the Croagunk Beatrice employed the help from had also decided to follow the crown, squatting down next to the girl. In response, the paldean shot the poison type a casual glance. "Hmm? Oh hey, you’re here too?"

Last edited:
CODE BY SEROBLISS
MONTAGNE KHASTIL

"A couple of days or less, it seems," Monty answered Esther between bites of a second sandwich. Abné still clung to his shoulders in a desperate attempt to snag what in her mind was likely her rightful share, but he held it away from her as he continued, "Once the rangers hear about how the Countess and I handled business at the nest they'll probably roll out a red carpet to the route forward."

His fantasy of red carpets and compensation in the form of a big burlap sack with a dollar sign on it was interrupted by the arrival of the black haired girl from earlier. What was her name, again? "We haven't been here long, and we're headed out in the morning. Have to inform the rangers of our heroic deeds."

Wait. Telling the rangers would mean going back to Calanthe. Which would mean another day of riding Roy. Which would mean another day of his legs being fucked! The hospital had given him Azumi's reward to give to her. If the rangers would do the same thing...he could kill a ton of birds with one stone!

After another bite of his sandwich, Monty announced his plan to save his legs some pain and save Esther some...boredom? She'd benefit somehow, surely. "I'll take over patrol duty tomorrow. Gives me a chance to train some and you the chance to get out and explore more of our magnifique region, eh?"

Between the chattering of humans and the pokémon they collected, it seemed she truly couldn't find a moment of peace in this cursed place. First it was that comtemptable fairy, running her mouth when it knew useless Monty would intervene so long as that woman was around. Now she had an upstart whelp approaching with the sole intent to irritate her.

"I wouldn't sink so low." Her retort was quick, but lacked its usual biting indignancy. "The mark of peasants is to wallow in defeat."

The Absol's red eyes glanced up at the crescent moon, the gleaming white scythe just beginning to form, and rolled her head so that she might get a better look at her feaux-solitude's encroacher. "And I have better things to worry about than luck abandoning me and favoring a weakling for a single battle."

1704867367295.png
1704867383568.png
Chauffemagne
1704867406725.png
Abnégarde

Last edited:

Wednesday, July 6th — 8:47 p.m.

Esther Rosana Sophys
Kalos
Interactions: Beatrice Lazlo ( Grand Overlord Koop Grand Overlord Koop ) | Celia Besnard ( ThePlayfulFox ThePlayfulFox ) | Azumi Towers ( Hecotoro Hecotoro ) | Montagne Khastil ( Patriot Patriot )

Pokémon
On-hand

Esther hummed to the flight of the bumblebee, smacking her lips to respond with a gentle shake. “I’ll pass, I can explore when things are done and dealt with. Besides, remember those Combee we encountered in the morning? I think if we can get one to evolve into Vespiquen then they can take over the defense of the farm long after we’re gone. Not to mention the benefits they provide in pollinizing…” The Oblivian trailed off. She could gush at length about the relationship between Combee and plant life—after all, her parents ran a bug farm and Combee accounted for half the farm’s residents. But she’d spare the lecture. Instead, she turned to Beatrice & Celia. “Hey, don’t let me stop you. If either of you guys want to go exploring, then you can.”

“Say—you guys wanna try something?” Esther reached around to pull a large water bottle from her bag. “It’s juice. My special blend. Fresh water, berries and sweat! It’s really good!” Esther hiccupped as her brain caught up to her mouth. “Oh! Not my sweat, no, no, I wouldn’t do that…unless you want me to? I don’t judge but…I don’t really know you guys like that. It’s made from Çiera’s sweat and I had to water it down first.” In her excitement, Esther had already begun pouring the drink into disposable cups and sharing it among her friends. She blinked and stared expectantly, awaiting the reaction.

“Luck, hmm?” Houndour’s tone was level—silently mocking. Paws paced the grass as she turned once, twice and then sat down contentedly. “I find myself curious. Why do you fight? You do not seem particularly close to your ‘trainer’, so then… why do you fight? Enlighten me.”

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear
Climbing Gear
Swimwear

CODE BY SEROBLISS
MONTAGNE KHASTIL

What the hell was this Esther talking about? Monty didn't even drink a girl's sweat when he knew her like tha—no, actually...but he didn't know her like that! Even if it was her pokémon's, he didn't know that thing like that, either! Somehow he still ended up with a cup in his hand, though, and he his eyes flittered throughout the camp to see who would be the first to try Esther's...concoction.

It didn't look that bad. Abné seemed interested, at least, but the silver Eevee was interested in anything even remotely resembling food. Esther said it came from that grass-type looking pokémon, right? It looked close enough to a berry...and the rest of it was just berry juice and water. D'accord.

Damn!
"Damn!" The drink was shockingly lacking in the sweat-tasting department, thank Xerneas. "This isn't half-bad, mademoiselle. Maybe mixed with vodka..." The gangster trailed off as a fantasy of a Bounsweet-sweat and vodka fueled bender danced through his mind, until he remembered the state he'd woken up in that morning. Maybe he'd hold off for a while.

Monty's attention tracked back to the black haired girl covered in more dirt and grime than he expected. She didn't give off an elbow-grease impression with the portable table full of gadgets from their initial defense of the farm, but maybe he'd sized her up wrong. "Et toi? What've you been doing?" The black-and-blue pokémon at her side seemed new, too, and he gestured at it with his cup. "And where was that guy earlier, eh?"

Her ears flickered at the pup's tone, as though they'd been assaulted by the same racous cacophany launched by those insects earlier.

"My trainer." The word raked across her tongue like sandpaper. She hadn't thought the whelp was as brainwashed as Azumi's detestable fairy. Something about her seemed more...untamed. "I put my faith in that man for a time, but ever since he came across your master and that yellow-hair woman he's been like a whipped dog."

She slowly blinked, amused with her own unintentional wit, and regarded the whelp again. "You ask me why I fight, yet I doubt you'd understand the motivations of a queen." Perhaps she'd indulge the whelp. The conversation was more intelligent than Chauffemagne's 'yes madame no madame' routine, at least.

She laid her head back down, resting it on her front paws and letting the faint moonlight catch on her scythe. "I've been away from my kingdom for...many moons. Helping that man was my best chance at returning, of learning the my subjects' fate. What is a queen without subjects to idolize and adore her, after all." Her eyes shut, memories rushing in before she had the chance to close the floodgates, but she was quick to stem the flow.

"I suppose that is why I fight. The burden of a ruler is that their strength is only as great as their subjects believe it to be. When that faith is broken, a queen must become what they idolized again."

"But you," she added, "You aren't like the rest of your trainer's pets. They seem much more..." Oh, what was the right word for it? "...acclimated to a life of servitude. And yet you fight for her all the same. Why?"

1704950855823.png
1704950834864.png
Chauffemagne
1704950865682.png
Abnégarde

Wednesday, July 6th — 8:48 p.m.

Esther Rosana Sophys
Kalos
Interactions: Patriot Patriot

Pokémon
On-hand

Monty’s flickering expressions told a beautiful story, a comedy, and Esther was thoroughly amused. The mention of vodka was less amusing, Esther’s last experience with alcohol had been its horrible stench, mixed with bile, as she collected a dead-drunk Monty from a ‘cozy’ cell. The Oblivian was less than excited to repeat the process, in fact, if she had her way then Monty was sure to welcome a new life of sobriety. Or…at least it would be so when she was around. Otherwise? He could get as nasty drunk as he wanted. If Esther didn’t have to clean him up, then what did she care? He could live his best life, even if it was face-down in a pool of vomit. Whatever made him happy, she guessed? For Monty’s sake though, Esther made her stance clear, “If you get blackout drunk again, I’m throwing you in the river.”

The conversation turned to Beatrice and her new(?) compatriot and Esther couldn’t resist the urge to point her pokétch and—

Pokédex Entry #0453 — Croagunk said:
A Poison & Fighting Type Pokémon. Its cheeks hold poison sacs, it makes an eerie blubbering sound for intimidation, and then tries to catch foes off guard to jab them with its toxic fingers. This Pokémon rarely fights fairly, but that is strictly to ensure survival.

“Then we are the same.” For all the Absol regarded herself a Swanna amidst the Farfetch’d, a lifetime of luxury did not produce the strength she possessed. There was more to her story, but Houndour had neither the reason nor interest to seek it out. Instead, she focused on the parts that did interest her, the parts that were all-too similar to her own experiences. “I too was stolen away from my homeland, my pack devastated by trainers they call poachers. It is so arbitrary, what difference is there between a Trainer and a Poacher? I would see them all savaged between my fangs!”

Smoke whispered from her snout and the smell of brimstone thickened with her temper. There Houndour paused and her gaze turned toward Esther. Her fury quelled and a moment later, she continued. “I fight not because she compels me, she is no more my master than your trainer is yours. I fight because it is her…request.”

The sentiment was strange even as Houndour herself spoke it. ”She has not stolen Pokémon from their home on my request, so I will fight on hers.”

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear
Climbing Gear
Swimwear

Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

"Huh, you guys are coming and going quite a lot." The young woman commented, remembering the few other times Azumi and Monty had returned to the farm only to leave soon after. The next time she would speak up would be when she and Celia were called up about their desire to go exploring. She waved her hand in front of her. "Oh, no, that's fine. I have a project I'm working on now so I won't have time." She replied.

Almost immediately after that, the other girl took out a large water bottle and explained it contained juice, her "special blend" as she called it. She then laid out the ingredients, standard stuff until she mentioned sweat. "Did I hear that right?" Beatrice thought to herself before Esther quickly cleared up that it wasn't her sweat, but her Boundsweet's. "Ah, that makes more sense. I have heard that Bounsweet sweat is somewhat of a delicacy in some places." However, Esther's further comments about her own sweat were a lot less sensical. Despite that, the Paldean accepted the paper cup.

The beverage had a simple taste, sweet but very much watered down. A Boundsweet's sweat is too sweet for human consumption but isn't this a little too bland? From the corner of her eye, she noticed the Croagunk that had followed her reach his arms out in an expecting manner. Did he want a taste too? Beatrice gave the cup to the poison fighting type who quickly downed the rest. "It doesn't taste bad, isn't the sweetness a little too diluted?"

Before Esther would reply, the man sitting next to her spoke up first, drawing the girl's eyes towards him. "Oh, well I'm working on something right now. It's pretty big and sure to deter any pokemon from invading the farm from my side." She explained simply.

The Croagunk looked up from his cup as Esther approached him, giving the girl a side eye as he inflated his mouth sacs.

CODE BY SEROBLISS
MONTAGNE KHASTIL

Another dip in the river, eh? Esther's threat was credible, but as far as Monty was concerned a night well-spent was worth her follow-up the next morning. "I'll see you at the riverbank then, mademoiselle," the gangster remarked with an unabashed playfullness.

It vanished when he shifted his attention back to the black-haired girl and her Croagunk, and there was a hint of annoyance in his tone when he asked, "What, is it a secret? I don't want to walk into some trap and get blown to hell because all I'm working off of is 'something on your side of the farm.'"

Chauffemagne rose from his spot next to Monty, pacing back and forth behind him after picking up on his trainer's irritation. "And Esther's gadget did more explaining about this guy—" He gestured at the Croagunk again. "—than you did. Is it a wild pokémon, just hanging out? Did you catch it? Did you have it the whole time we were fighting for our lives against the Yanmega?"

From Monty's shoulder, Abné puffed up her chest at the black-haired girl and YIPPED! her input, like she was adding, "Yeah!"

For how similar this pup and Chauffemagne appeared, smoking snout and all, they were quite different. The latter was a subordinate through and through, eager to serve and eager to be lead—a fitting compliment to herself. This Houndour's conviction gave her a different impression, more like Chauffemagne's alpha whom she slit open.

How interesting.

"You're not the first I've heard yearn for that feeling," she stated, her claws flexing as she remembered her captivity. So many weaklings, so many prey, mewling curses and pitiful lamentations. "Yet you align yourself with a trainer that you say yourself is no different from a poacher. You stake your life on her, even."

Her gaze leveled with the Houndour's, her bright red eyes betraying her interest. "I have encountered Houndour from other lands, yet you and Chaffemagne both smell of this place. Of...," What had Monty called it? "...Kalos. You could abandon that girl and return home, never to fight for her again. Your paws would be clean of any peasants she subjugates. Yet you still fight."

"Given this is the first thing resembling an intelligent conversation I've had in some time, I'll forgive you making me repeat myself just this once. What is it you seek in fighting for that girl? Or do you simply live in a fantasy of some day finding the poachers who conquered you?"

1705285147018.png
1705285157915.png
Chauffemagne
1705285169618.png
Abnégarde

Last edited:

Wednesday, July 6th — 8:50 p.m.

Esther Rosana Sophys
Kalos

Pokémon
On-hand

Esther blinked, momentarily stunned. He’d rather the river than sobriety? Did he think her threat was a joke? The Oblivian’s eyes narrowed into happy crescents. Rather than pay attention to Monty’s conversation with Beatrice, Esther was already vaguely aware of what the girl was up to since she’s passed by on her patrols, she leaned back and began to plot. Challenge accepted!

“Your senses steer you well.” It was not often, or even really, that Houndour encountered Absol’s ilk. The size of her nose betrayed its sensitivity; that she could connect her to these lands was beyond Houndour’s expectations. The hell-pup sniffed and made a small show of sampling the Absol’s scent in turn. The mix of odors, the essence of the Absol’s experiences, it was all at once strange and comforting. It held a familiar smokiness, but no one that Houndour could place. The Absol was born of fire, of that Houndour was certain, but it was not a fire native to these lands.

Again, Houndour was content to let questions go unanswered. A more curious mind would seek more, but these were not the questions Houndour came to answer.

“I find many humans loathsome…but she is not among them. She is…different...odd.” Paws shifted as Houndour made herself comfortable, snout turned skyward to track the moon’s journey. “A full moon and half-moon. Other than the scaled child, I have known her longer than the rest of her pack. It was through fortune that I escaped my captors and through fortune that I ran into her. I intended—tried—to end her there and then. My failure then was another stroke of fortune.”

There would come a time when she, not fortune, determined the trajectory of her life. But for now, fortune had not mistreated her.

“I do not speak lightly when I say she honored my request. I have observed as she seduced and persuaded every packmate in her service. They have always followed her freely; that is more than I can say of many others. My request was unreasonable. It is the right of the victor to do with the loser as they please; and yet, she has honored it all the same.”

“Furthermore, she has given her word, to return me to my homeland and now…here we are. My pack awaits just over the mountains. There I shall return to me and mine. Vengeance will be mine…but until then, I offer her my strength. I help her as she has helped me.”

The distant dark of the mountains was reflected in Houndour’s fire-lit eyes. Home was but a few days run. It wouldn’t be long...

Her piece said, Houndour then turned, with some amusement in the quirk of her jaws, to Absol. No, not Absol— “Oracle. For all that you revile trainers, you have allowed one to name you all the same.” Houndour continued no further, the statement spoke in volumes. She, Houndour, had not allowed a name to be bestowed upon her. There was no illusion of closeness between her and her acting ‘trainer’. When she reached her home, they would part. What need was there for sentimentality? Yet the same was not true of Oracle. For one who acted so high and mighty, she appeared to have fallen into comfortable companionship all the same.

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear
Climbing Gear
Swimwear

CODE BY SEROBLISS
MONTAGNE KHASTIL

It was a simple answer, and yet almost identical to her own for joining with useless Monty. Perhaps the pup had more in common with her than she thought. A sharp tongue was another thing they shared, but the verbal jab rolled off of her like water on leaves.

"It makes no difference what useless Monty chooses to call me," she answered simply, her gaze drifting over to the man and his other pokémon. "It wouldn't do to call me Absol, when my rightful place is above the rest of my kind." Her 'name' was chosen on a whim, a sound that woman from useless Monty's home made that didn't grate on her ears. It had no special meaning to her, whether positive or negative.

It was the Houndour's prior words that held her mind more. "For a time, I thought he was unlike other humans as well. Humans flock together, but he carried himself like he was above that. Unafraid of other humans." She watched him interact with the women around the fire for a few moments longer, then faced the pup once more.

"The more time he spends with those women, the more he changes. He's grown afraid." It was a truly remarkable transformation, sudden and complete with hints of his former self, and the queen couldn't figure out what had brought it on. "It's the same fear he has of our kind. Pokémon. As though he's a meek little Rattata sneaking around a Slaking."

She rested her head back on her paws, closing her eyes in contemplation. "It makes him a somewhat useful servant, but he's been forgetting his place at the same time. Another influence of those women. He's meant to be recieving my assistance in exchange for fighting, yet it seems his perception is the other way around."

1705301237248.png
1705301248704.png
Chauffemagne
1705301262463.png
Abnégarde

Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

A moment of silence followed after Monty's rant. Beatrice stared blankly at the man, unblinking. That is, until she did blink. "Oh! Right, I should probably explain what I'm up to. Sorry, I'm used to working alone so explaining things isn't my strong suit." She exclaimed with a chuckle, her hand rubbing the back of her head. "I dug some holes over on my corner of the farm and lined the bottom with poisonous needles. I was then going to put some sharp stick in the gaps between them to further limit walkable ground for any invaders but I haven't gotten to that yet." The girl explained. She then paused for a second. "Oh, and I tied some snares along the tree line, you might want to be careful with those." She added. Right as she said that, a loud snapping sound was heard coming from beyond the farm walls. "Oh, speaking of." Beatrice turned towards her Spidops. "Seda, can you go check on that?"

Following that exchange, the young woman turned back towards her companions. "That should cover the traps I’m setting up." With that said, Beatrice turned to the second topic Monty had brought up, looking towards the Croagunk that sat next to her. "And about this guy? I gave him some food to use his poison." She explained. "Then he followed me here." She added, turning back to face Monty. "I think that’s everything, do you have any other questions?"

CODE BY SEROBLISS
AZUMI
TOWERS

July 7th, That one farm, Kalos.

While the team had a cute and soft conversation about their day and plans, Azumi was busy scrolling through her phone, checking for any news that might be of notice and if possible, any news involving a certain organization or him. She had her fill of food and replied to some messages from her sister and father, just letting them know she was okay and convincing Maker she wasn't going to send her pictures of the boy she had been traveling with. Finally, it was her turn to watch the are, which was easy with Nana and Lucario. After her shift ended, she finally got that well deserved rest.

The next day, Azumi woke up bright and early. Though her mind was bright, the day was still dusky. Anakin, her Lucario, was silently mediating. It seemed he had stayed up all night doing so. Nana, on the other hand, had managed to sneak into Azumi's sleeping bag with her. The fairy type's drool being wiped away from Azumi's face, something the blonde was more than used to by then. Without wanting to wake up those still sleeping and having a long day ahead of them, she began to pack her things up quietly.

After she secured Nana into her Poke Ball, Azumi moved down to the road. Since Monty had stated he prefer to spend the day not traveling, she hadn't bothered to wake him up. Instead she adjusted her Mudsdale, bared farewell to the farmer and set on her way to report their results and turn in the Yanma Monty had captured. With Anakin following quietly from the shadows and her ground type horse trotting comfortably, Azumi closed her eyes, trying to get a bit more rest for whatever laid ahead.

Bag:
x10 Great Ball
X5 Pokeballs
x4 Super Potion
X2 Revives
X2 Paralyze Heal
X2 Antidote
X1 Burn Heal
X1 Ice Heal

x5

Thursday, July 7th — 5:30 a.m.

Esther Rosana Sophys
Kalos

Pokémon
On-hand

Esther had hit the hay early last night. After a full day of working her body and mind, she was beyond exhausted. With all the sugar coursing through her veins, it had almost been difficult to sleep but her Pokémon once more proved themselves endlessly resourceful. Maçiera knew «Grass Whistle» and Pariparisithea knew both «Yawn» & «Hypnosis». She was almost spoiled for options, but not really. Given the rotation she had going, Pari was the only one awake to lull her to sleep—a task the dream eater Pokémon was all too happy to perform.

If her overactive, sugar-addled mind had dreamt that night, then Pari had feasted well, because Esther couldn’t remember a thing. The Oblivian woke up, fresh and refreshed, ready to take the last watch. Towards the end of her watch, Azumi woke up and quietly left. Esther checked her pokétch and decided the others could sleep in a bit.

That only lasted until the sun could better light their little clearing. The clock struck 7:30 and Esther gleefully paraded around the campgrounds, waking any and all sleepers. She took particular glee in overturning Monty’s sleeping bag and giving Oracle several irreverent pokes with a long stick.

“RISE and shine! It’s Mo~orning! Ten minutes to make yourselves presentable, if you’re still asleep when I come back then I’m using you for Hydro Pump target practice!”

With that, Esther scampered off. She had drunk a lot of juice yesterday and after a long night that juice had made its way through her system. She sure hoped the farmer didn’t mind her using his bathroom because otherwise…

Esther returned to camp ten minutes later, Basseau’s pokéball in hand. She rather looked forward to causing a bit of mischief…

After a bit of mayhem at camp, Esther went about her plans. Evolving one of the farm’s Combee into Vespiquen would not be an easy task, even if the difficulty didn’t lie in the evolution itself. It was…difficult to explain, but the problem lay not in evolving Combee, but in identifying which Combee could even evolve in the first place. The Queen Bee Pokémon were a female-only evolution and given their power and prideful demeanor, it took a certain breed of Combee to evolve.

Bug-type Pokémon were famously swift to mature and evolve and Esther could attest to that—the Wurmple her father raised usually evolved into Cascoon & Silcoon and then Beautifly & Dustox within a handful of months and each year, they joined the Grand Migration. Esther blinked as she realized she would likely miss the year’s Flutter Festival… she’d at least ask her mom to send some Beautifly Cakes.

Anyway, unlike her father’s Wurmple who evolved rapidly, her mother’s Combee never evolved. In the 17 years she’d known them, the Combee who remained on the farm had never once evolved or even shown signs of evolution. The distinction of ‘remained’ was all-important. Shayan had a Vespiquen, one evolved from a Combee who’d left Oblivia with him. Why this Combee had evolved when none of the others had not was a mystery to Esther, but she had a few guesses…

All that said, Esther considered herself more familiar with Combee than most. But even then, she had no reason not to use the resources available to her. She flipped open her Pokétch and—

Pokédex Entry #0416: Vespiquen said:
The evolution of Combee. This Pokémon skillfully commands its grubs in battles with its enemies; the grubs are willing to risk their lives to defend Vespiquen. The stronger Vespiquen’s pheromones, the larger the swarm of Combee it can keep as attendants. Usually, there is only ever one Vespiquen in a colony. However, in extremely rare occurrences, large super-colonies of Vespiquen & Combee have been observed.

Neat information, but not exactly useful. Esther went further.

Vespiquen Info cont. said:
Vespiquen are close relatives of Beedrill and Ribombee. Instead of possessing venom and stingers to defend themselves, Vespiquen relies on a unique and highly eusocial colony structure that utilizes Combee to attack and protect. Male Combee cannot evolve and so their entire lives are dedicated to protecting their queens. It is believed that female Combee are suppressed by the queen’s pheromones and therefore do not evolve under normal circumstances, but errant evolutions do occur, however rare.

“Pheromones, hmm…”

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear
Climbing Gear
Swimwear

CODE BY SEROBLISS
MONTAGNE KHASTIL

Despite a couple-dozen nights spent under the moon, he didn't think he'd ever get used to how dark the forests got. He sat in the blackest black he'd ever known, without so much as a single star to light his view, but the dark didn't haunt him so much as what could be lurking in it. The thought that he'd never see it coming wormed its way into his mind, burrowing itself in the center of his primal instincts, and his eyes darted back and forth in search of something, anything.

BADUM-BADUM-BADUM!

He needed a fire.

BADUM-BADUM-BADUM!

And suddenly, there it was. In what might have been the blink of an eye—it was too dark to tell—a crackling fire appeared a few feet in front of him. Its flames lapped and cast dancing shadows on the surrounding trees, and it showed him that something, or rather someone, did lurk in the dark.

She was hardly visible, her form darkened by the inky night but recognizable all the same. The way her blonde hair caught the warmth of the firelight and the unmistakable composure in her posture, devoid of the fear that had his head on a swivel—who else could it be but her?

BADUM-BAdum-badum.

He tried to speak, to call out to her, but his voice didn't work.

She rose from her seat, still wreathed in the shadows, but her face was visible enough that he could see it contorted into a furious scowl. Why wouldn't it be? He disgusted her.

She turned and marched away, and he scrambled to follow, to apologize, to beg her not to leave. When he found his feet, though, they weren't in boots on grass. They were bare, with cold concrete sapping the warmth from his soles, and instead of trees and dancing shadows across from him there was his cell wall.

And on that wall, two eyes glared at him from a mass of writhing shadows.

BADUM-BADUM-BADUM!

His feet froze to the cold concrete floor.
MOVE!
The eyes bore through his soul, paralyzing him with fear.
YELL!
He couldn't get away.

FIGHT!

His body rebelled against his mind's command, but he did move. His world twisted and contorte

"Ughhwhat thewhat the FUCK?!" He traded one nightmare for a-fucking-nother! His bag flipped and he whirled around to try and beat back whatever sick, twisted creature of the night had him in its grip, only to see Esther scampering away like she'd just done the funniest thing in her life.

Was she trying to kill him?! Monty's heart felt like it would burst out of his chest at any moment—was this how he went out? Trapped in a Xern-damned sleeping bag? A few seconds passed by and...no such luck.

No rest for the wicked. It was time to get up.

1705903807517.png
1705903820714.png
Chauffemagne
1705903837166.png
Abnégarde

July 7th, Thursday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Berry Fields, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

Beatrice's head rested atop her crossed arms, facing down on her work station. Also on the table were a set of woodworking tools with signs of use, a messy pile of wood scrap, and what appeared to be 2 wooden crossbows. The girl was soundly asleep when suddenly, due to Esther's morning call, she was abruptly taken out of her slumber. Her head shot up with a jolt, nearly causing her glasses to fall off. Scrambling to pull her phone out, Beatrice quickly adjusted her glasses as she checked the time. 7:30AM, wasn't this a bit early to get up? Nonetheless, the young woman wasn't very interested in becoming target practice for Esther's pokemon. With a low groan, the Paldean slowly pushed herself up.

10 minutes passed and Beatrice seemed to have woken up sufficiently that a Hydro Pump wake up call wasn't necessary. Just in time too as she watched Esther walk across the camp with a pokeball in hand, the desire to cause some mischief being clearly visible in her expression.

Some time later, Beatrice had managed to fully awaken her consciousness. She first went to check on her field of pitfalls. Nothing to note, it appeared her tactic worked, for now at least. Following that, the girl decided to take a stroll around the farm to stretch her legs. It was then that she noticed Esther intensely eyeing her Poketch. Curious, the Paldean approached the other girl. "Hey uh, good morning. What are you looking at? If you don't mind me asking." The girl sheepishly asked.

Last edited:

Thursday, July 7th — 7:50 a.m.

Esther Rosana Sophys
Berry Fields, Off-route 7 (Reviere Walk)
Kalos
Interactions: Grand Overlord Koop Grand Overlord Koop

Pokémon On-hand

Esther had a plan. It might’ve been a dumb plan, but it was a plan nonetheless. However, before she could put her hairbrained scheme to the test—

“Oh, Beatrice? Well—” The holographic display from her pokétch should’ve been visible, but maybe Beatrice wasn’t at a viewable angle? Esther turned to give the other girl a better view. “There were Combee on the farm when we arrived, right? I’m gonna evolve one of them. We won’t be around forever and a Vespiquen could defend this farm by itself, not to mention the benefits of having friendly pollinators living on the farm.

“Vespiquen use pheromones to suppress the evolution of other combee—at least, that’s the theory—and I figure they use «Sweet Scent» to do it. Two of my Pokémon know «Sweet Scent», so I think I can overpower whatever lingering pheromones are with my Pokémon. The «Sweet Scent» should also attract hungry Pokémon for a battle and the Combee can evolve in the heat on conflict!”

“I just need to find the right Combee for the task.”

$6,320 | Pokéball x0 | PokéToy | PokéFlute | Super Potion x2

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Kilt
Ballet Flats
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

"Vespiquen huh. If a dominant pokemon like that was around, it should theoretically deter invaders from trying to enter this place." Beatrice mumbled out loud. "That is to say that it could or would reach an agreement with the farmer here in the first place. I don't know much about Vespiquen as a species, but the willingness for wild pokemon to work with humans tends to vary." She added, considering potential issues that might arise with the plan. "Unless of course we are to capture it first which would help in making it more docile to humans."

As Beatrice rambled, the young woman suddenly stopped herself from going any further. "Oh shoot, sorry. I didn't mean to cast doubt on your plan based on nothing but hypotheticals before you could even test your theory." She apologized. "Alright, so find a suitable Combee, get rid of lingering pheromones, and help it evolve. Got it." Beatrice hastily declared, eager to make it clear she wasn't doubting Esther's plan.

"Wait, lingering pheromones?" As she settled down, a certain part of the plan seemed to have lingered in the girl’s mind. "Does that mean there used to be another Vespiquen here? If so, do we have any ideas what might have happened to it?"

Last edited:

Esther Rosana Sophys
Berry Fields, Off-route 7 (Reviere Walk)
Kalos
Interactions: Grand Overlord Koop Grand Overlord Koop

Pokémon On-hand

“That’s the idea!” Beatrice followed along easily; the logic of Esther’s plan was evidently…self-evident. However, if Bea’s initial words had the Oblivian absent-mindedly nodding along, the next words caused her to freeze—expression falling, scalp tingling. It didn’t take an empath to detect the hostility Bea had earned herself. Houndour was not happy.

Esther wet her lips, thankful that the Dark Pokémon hadn’t expressed her irritation more directly. “Bea,” she began softly. “Which part of the capture process makes a Pokémon more…docile? Do the Pokéballs do something to the Pokémon?

“It doesn’t, right?”

“We don’t need to capture these Pokémon for no reason—we just need to find one who is willing to work with us.”

“Combee & Vespiquen aren’t too aggressive anyhow, they’ll protect their home. As for other Vespiquen? No, I don’t think so. We encountered a swarm of Combee migrating eastward near Santalune city, so I think these guys are stragglers.”

$6,320 | Pokéball x0 | PokéToy | PokéFlute | Super Potion x2

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Kilt
Ballet Flats
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

Beatrice's eyes shot towards Esther as she spoke. The change in the other girl's demeanor was evident. The bubbly and dare she think airheaded attitude she had just a second ago suddenly grew cold as a quiet anger took its place. The Paldena was taken aback by the sudden shift, though she didn't show it on her face. "Oh shoot, did I say something wrong? I mean, wild pokemon do tend to become more willing to listen to trainers after being caught right? Generally speaking, that is the case." She thought to herself. "Though, I do believe there are cases where the pokemon would remain aggressive even after capture so it might not be something to do with the pokeballs themselves. But I don't know, my knowledge on the functionality of pokeballs is surface level at best. With that aside, something about my statement angered Esther. I should diffuse this tension before it gets worse."

With her internal monologue finished, Beatrice turned her head to face Esther. "Oh sorry, I was thinking out loud. You're right, there's no need to capture any pokemon if they are willing to cooperate with us from the start." She stated. The young woman hoped her statement would at least lift some of the heaviness from the air that now surrounded them. "So uh, where do we start?" She asked.

Last edited:

Berry Fields < Rivière Walk (Route 7)

“That’s okay. It’s just… Houndour’s got some…bad experiences with bad trainers—poachers. She doesn’t think trainers who beat Pokémon into submission are any better than poachers…” and I can see her point. Of course, Esther left her own opinions unsaid. Antagonizing Beatrice, and likely all her other companions, wouldn’t do anything to help her. Furthermore, from what little the empath could glean from her companion’s Pokémon, none of them were unhappy with their situations

“Anyway, I’m pretty good with Pokémon! We don’t have trainers in Oblivia, so we know a thing or two about getting Pokémon to work with us.”

As true as that was, Oblivia’s ‘traditional’ methods took time. Time that Esther didn’t have. But she didn’t need time, she needed an excuse. After all, she wasn’t going to use some time-honored method of Pokémon husbandry, she was going to use empathy to find the spunkiest, queeniest, Combee of the bunch

“Follow me!”

After what Esther figured was a decent façade, she picked out a Combee she felt was a leader among the swarm. She didn’t know for certain if it was strong enough to evolve, but it appeared to be one of the stronger members of the swarm.

Convincing Combee to go along with Esther’s scheme, thankfully, wasn’t as hard as it could’ve been. Combee was already rowdier in her disposition and with the influence of the former colony Queen waning, ambition gleamed in her eyes. Pari’s «Telepathy» allowed Esther to convey her plan as accurately as impressions and notions permitted. Its simplicity was also a factor. The plan held only 4 steps:

• Head outside the farm, maybe 5 minutes’ walk.
  • Bathe Combee in the combined pheromones of Çiera & Basseau.
  • ???
  • Profit

Jokes aside—Sweet Scent also doubled as a means of attracting Pokémon. Esther wagered that a double dose of Sweet Scent—possibly even a triple dose with Combee’s aid—would draw every Pokémon in the area. It was a bit dangerous, but Azumi wasn’t far, and danger was exactly what they needed to stimulate Combee’s evolution. Of course, it would also be a great chance to train, Esther wasn’t the most familiar with Bounsweet or Surskit and she hadn’t been able to use them in many battles either. This would be a start towards rectifying that.

“Let’s move out!”

“We should be far enough?”

The farm had shrunken on the horizon, still very much visible, it wasn’t a dot on the horizon, but it was obviously a fair distance away. Esther deemed thus far enough that their stunt wouldn’t cause undue damage to the farm and its crops, while not so far their friends couldn’t rush over to back them up. Speaking of those friends—

“You’ve got your drone, right Bea? I think you should have it record the battle and broadcast it back to Azumi, Monty, and Celia. If things go south, they’ll know to bail us out.”

While Beatrice secured their lifeline, Esther palmed her Pokémon of choice—“Come on out my prrretties!”

Two flashes revealed Bounsweet & Surskit and, after a moment’s thought, Pyrrha was released as well. All three Pokémon were well rested, and they were also all Esther had at her disposal. After a lengthy nightshift, Houndour, Pari, and Kasriel were only nominal options. Half-asleep Pokémon would do more harm than good in a high-stakes environment.

Esther performed one last once-over, prepping Combee and her own Pokémon for battle. Her AttackDex let her know that Combee knew Gust, Sweet Scent, Struggle Bug, Bug Bite, and Bug Buzz. A respectable repertoire: even more than Esther had hoped for. They could make this work!

“Ready or not, here we go!

“Sweet Scent!”

Rise
Riot Music Team

Code by Ami

The Yanma they’d beaten back yesterday had returned and Esther tasted their vindictiveness, once through her empathy and a second when a not-so-stray «Sonic Boom» gouged the bark off her treebound hiding spot. Naturally, in a melee as messy as this one, Esther wanted to be nowhere in sight. Something of a free-for-all had developed as multiple species of Pokémon had been attracted by saccharine winds, and cooperation was the furthest thing from the mind of a hungry Pokémon.

The largest ‘side’ belonged, of course, to the Yanma. The thunder of dragonflies had redoubled as the Yanma of Yesterday brought friends to the party. Their unified front, however, made them the largest target amidst the melee. Esther’s own Pokémon were skirmishers amidst the carnage; Pyrrha & Çiera threw themselves into the battle with masochistic fervor and lacking self-recovery, Pyrrha had burned through most of the Super Potion that Azumi had provided. Susu, contrarily, stuck to the fringes of the battle, picking off weakened Pokémon with her lightning-fast attacks.

Between the two extremes was Combee, pushing further into the conflict than Susu but retreating to safety long before she could wind up as injured as Pyrrha or Çiera. Combee accounted for the rest of the Super Potion in Esther’s possession.

As the battle raged, Esther hummed. Her hums turned to encouraging chants and soon after, soft song. The conflict was shrinking as Pokémon succumbed to the frenzy, the battle was reaching its climax and Esther was all out of potion. It was now or never—

“Welcome to the wild, o heroes and villains

“Welcome to the war we’ve only begun, so…

“Pick up your weapon and face it

“There’s blood on the crown go and take it

“You get one shot to make it out alive, so…

“Higher and higher you chase it

“It’s deep in your bones, go and take it

“This is your moment, now is your time, so

“Prove yourself and

“RISE! RISE!

“Make ‘em remember you

“RISE!

“Push through hell and

“RISE! RISE!

“They will remember you

“RISE!

“Welcome to the climb up, reach for the summit

“Visions pray that one false step leads the end, so…

“Higher and higher you chase it

“It’s deep in your blood, go and take it

“This is your moment, take to the skies, so

“RISE!”

A brilliant light erupted from the melee and Esther grinned.

Outside of the newly promoted Vespiquen, Esther’s messy melee had also attracted the attention of the Rangers, who had been concerned about the unusual movement of Pokémon. They were a bit nonplussed by the situation at hand but amidst the confusion they had seized an opportunity. The area's oversaturation with Sweet Scent had practically stained all the Pokémon who had participated in the conflict. By tracking the Yanma who’d showed up for the fight, they had been able to locate the main nest of the Swarm and had taken swift action against them.

It was only a few hours afterward that Esther’s pokétch rang with a ping to all trainers in the area.

The Yanma Swarm had been subdued and the route eastward was no longer blocked. Unfortunately, a series of cave-ins would obstruct anyone looking to head to Cyllage City, but the path to Ambrette Town lay open and the rangers were already performing preliminary inspections in preparation to clear the cave-ins and use Pokémon to reinforce the cave’s stability.

It would be a bit before Esther was comfortable leaving the farm—she needed to help Vespiquen settle in and broker some form of arrangement between the hive and the farmer and then they needed to clean up all the traps they’d littered the area with, but that was only a matter of time.

It was high noon by the time Esther & co. returned to the farm and it was late evening by the time all Esther’s tasks were handled. The Oblivian rather gleefully collected $350 for the defense of the farm and another $250 for her part in settling Vespiquen. Needless to say, the farmer was very pleased.

Later that evening, Esther swung lazily from her hammock. An exhausted Pyrrha slept soundly in her lap and her other Pokémon lounged around her in various states of wakefulness.

“So…? Are we headed west today, or shall we spend the night and set out tomorrow?”

$6,920 (+ $600) | Pokéball x0 | PokéToy | PokéFlute

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Kilt
Ballet Flats
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

CODE BY SEROBLISS
MONTAGNE KHASTIL
July 7 — Berry Farm, Rivière Walk (Route 7), Kalos

Cinderblock shoes were like a joke in the Old Guard, something that the geezer-iest of old school gangsters threatened people with, but Monty'd definitely pissed one of those geezers off enough to make good on those threats. Otherwise Azumi had placed some sick, twisted spell on him during their hours of horseback and bike riding, because his legs felt like he was lugging a hundred pounds with each ankle.

Was it fair for him to be on patrol when Esther spent the better part of 24 hours combing over the farm, and Azumi did the same thing overnight? Yeah, he guessed. It still sucked while he was this sore. At least Chauffe was doing most of the work, circling with his nose high in search of any intruders.

The weight on his shoulder shifted suddenly, nearly throwing Monty off balance, and the gangster threw his head back and barked, "You're not helping!"

The little silver rat playing ride-along didn't take too kindly to her well-deserved scolding— "Ow!" Biting the fucking ear that fed her?! Monty shot a hand up and grabbed Abnégarde by her scruff to wrench her off, and like a toddler throwing a tantrum she YIPPED! YAPPED! and FLAILED! against his grip. "Knock it off!" Of course, Abné only doubled her efforts.

She really was a baby—always eating, sleeping, and throwing tantrums at the most minor inconvenience. When she wasn't biting his ears or crying, Monty could admit she was cute. It was even kind of nice having a Pokémon who wasn't all Go-Go-Go! like Chauffemagne or who he didn't have to worry about slaughtering the wrong opponent like Oracle, but those weren't good enough reasons to just...keep her around. Not when he had rich prick's offering to take her off his hand, and definitely not when a significant chunk of his weekly deposits were goign toward feeding her insatiable appetite.

The one upside to Abné's tantrums were that she tuckered herself out pretty quick. When she stopped squirming, Monty sat back on the ground and placed her in front of him.

"Listen to me, mademoiselle, and listen well." The Eevee looked up curiously, and her trainer scowled down at her. "I refuse to be the only one you fight back against. I want to keep giving you shoulder rides while you stuff your face, but I need you to help me help you."

Just like every other time he'd tried to have this conversation, the blank look in Abné's eyes told Monty she either wasn't listening, was stupid, or (most likely) she didn't understand language.

Fine, he gave up! Monty fell back into the grass in exasperation, taking a moment to just sit in silence and wallow while Abné clambered up onto his chest. It wasn't exactly a great time to wallow, though. The sun was shining, a light breeze was on the air, and the birds were chirping like in some happy-go-lucky TV show.

Wait. Birds chirping...birds...Pokémon...what did Azumi say about Eevees? They were the adaptation Pokémon, right, and if he wanted Abné to actually grow she'd need to adapt.

He had a great idea!

The gangster sat up and looked around, eyes scanning for the source of the pleasant chirping. There, a pair of Fletchling a row of trees over...that could work. Only one piece was missing.

"Chauffe! Bring it in!" The Houndour came bounding over, eager to execute his next task. At least someone was easy to deal with. Monty told him to stay put and only interfere if he called for him again, to which Chauffe nodded and sat down.

The gangster picked Abné back up onto his shoulder and he got to his feet, crossing the row of berry trees to where the Fletchling were fluttering around. If there was a pair of them, there'd probably be a nest...right there! It wasn't out of reach, either, built in the lowest branch of a nearby Oran tree.

The chirping stopped the closer Monty got to the tree, but the Fletchling weren't provoked just yet. He did a quick double take, checking to see if any of his companions were around, and once he confirmed the coast was clear he reached up toward the nest. The Fletchling swooped down to the tree branches and perched, but still they didn't attack.

He could feel Abné shuddering on his shoulder, likely from how close the Fletchling were getting. Too bad for her, he was counting on them getting a whole lot closer.

Monty reached up. The Fletchling started chirping again, this time in agitation.

CHIRP-CHIRP-CHIRP!
FLIP!
SPLAT!

The gangster knocked the nest from the tree, and the singular egg inside split apart when it hit the ground. Finally, it was enough for the Fletchling to engage.

One DOVE! down and Monty DUCKED! to dodge it's <<Peck>>, and jumped out of the way of the second's attack. Abné screeched and buried her face in her trainer's neck, trying to hide, but he wasn't going to let her this time.

"Help me, Abné!" He cried out, trying to sound as scared as possible. It was the one thing he hadn't tried with her yet; trying to get her to defend him instead of just outright battling another Pokémon. The Eevee wasn't going to make it easy on him, though, and clung fiercely to his shoulder.

Both Fletchlings cloaked themselves in white energy. Shit, he knew that move. Before Monty could react, he was THUMPED! in the chest by two simultaneous <<Quick Attacks>>. The assault knocked the wind from him, and the gangster GASPED! for breath while he fell backward.

He'd made a mistake. These things were gonna fuck him up. Monty's eyes darted to Chauffemagne, the release command on the tip of his tongue—

No. He had to commit. Abné was still clinging to him. She was still terrified. He still had to force her to adapt.

One of the Fletchling threw its head back. Oh, shit, there was no wa—

FWOOSH!
An <<Ember>> soared through the air, and if Monty hadn't rolled out of the way at the last second it would've set him ablaze. He pushed himself to his feet as another FWOOSHED! toward him, then another, and both he only narrowly escaped. He could feel Abné clutching him as tightly as ever, and he stole a look at Chauffemagne again before facing his attackers.

Wait, where'd the other one go—

Monty was SWEPT! off of his feet, his world spinning for a second while one of the Fletchling impacted his lower leg from behind. He got the wind knocked out of him again and stars swam across his vision, and Abné's hold loosened from the impact.

Screw it. He was cutting this experiment short. The gangster rolled over, still struggling to regain his breathing, and tucked Abné to his chest to protect her from the Fletchlings' onslaught. Their Quick Attacks came even faster, hitting his back over and over and keeping him from giving Chauffe the release command. For once, he wished the Houndour didn't follow his orders to the letter.

Monty tried to spin around, but one of the Fletchling caught him with a Quick Attack to the side and sent him sprawling on his back with Abné on his chest. Through his lacking breath he managed to choke out, "Ab...né..." Run was supposed to come after, but he couldn't get it out.

She wasn't running this time, though. The little Eevee was trembling still, just as badly as before, but instead of burying her face in Monty's arms she was looking up at the Fletchling. Monty looked down at her eyes, and they glowed with a pink energy while her mouth contorted into a scared sort of half-smile.

Whatever she'd done, it was enough for one of the Fletchling to falter and buy enough time for Monty to catch his breath. "Chauffe, now!"

"RRRUUFFFF!"
Chauffemagne's <<Roar>> crashed through the trees and swept over the Fletchlings, apparently overpowering them and making them flee, and the Houndour sprinted over and placed himself between his trainer and their shrinking forms. "Good boy," Monty said. He hugged Abné to his chest. "And good girl! You used a move, right?! You used a move!"

The Eevee was still shaking, and buried herself back in Monty's arms, but she'd definitely done...something! He could figure the specifics out later, all he was worried about now was that it worked. He'd gotten her to adapt!

That evening, Monty sat on his pack with Chauffe and Abné lounging at his feet and Oracle up above in the trees. He chugged a water while Esther asked about travel plans, and once his thirst was quenched he voiced his opinion.

"Might as well head out now. The Yanma are handled, the farm is safe. Not much left for us here."

1708663877552.png
1708664007086.png
Chauffemagne
1708664023003.png
Abnégarde

Last edited:
CODE BY SEROBLISS
AZUMI
TOWERS

July 7th, That one farm, Kalos.

Azumi had the simple task of letting the rangers know their results and the location of the map. Then, she was to just head back in case they needed more help with the farm. But, like every hero in ever epic quest, her mission was side tracked by a handful of side quests. Of course, still reported the location of the nest and collected their earnings, making sure to deliver them to Monty. However, as she prepared to head back she noticed an old man struggling to load his cart with various types of vegetables.

Of course a future representitive of justice couldn't let that slide. Azumi offered to help her load his carriage, with the help of Nana and her Flabebe army. Unfortunately, this old man was the kind to take the entire arm when offered a hand. Azumi and team ended up helping him not only set up shop, but make signs for the different sales he had going on and improve the one with the shop's title. Still, happy to help, the narling Nana and her team managed to make the shop look all nice and pretty. Sadly, Azumi wasn't done in town yet.

Her crafty work had caught the attention of other shop owners, which ended in Azumi holding some sort of art shop. She wasn't exactly the best artist or salesman, but when it came to being orgnized and making things look neat, she was second to none. The future enforcer of the law helped out the local market owners with new styles for their stands, some even offering to pay her, althought she refused. After about an hour or two, she was finally ready to set out.

Just as she had left town, a group of kids dashed in front of her, chasing down what looked to be a very concerned Slurpuff. Normally, Azumi would see it as kids being kids, but Nana's emotional telepathy allowed her to feel the Pokemon was actually trying to escape from said kids. So, after a short chase and a quick scolding, the kids finally left the poor fairy type alone. Instead, they focused on Nana and her army of Flabebe. Seeing that the soon to be trainers still lacked proper manners when it came to handling Pokemon, Azumi set out to teach them a few lessons about being a proper trainer.

Once the future of Kalos was educated enough, the kids took a few pictures with Azumi and her team, wishing to one day have as many Pokemon as she did. With a feeling of pride and joy, Azumi was once again on the road, having missed most of the day just getting distracted by many of the different citizens and their issues. Then, she got a call from her future boss.

One half of the twin Towers sister had managed to get the one job she didn't want. She was to join the Lumiouse police force. Unlike many of the cities and towns in the famous Kalos region, Lumiouse had a bad reputation. Not only were cops mostly frowned upon, the rumor of corruption was stronger than ever. Not to mention, the ones in charge were known to be a bit...sexist. Azumi knew very well that most of the female officers that got into Lumiouse was because of their looks and not skills. The amount of female detectives was almost none and for some reason they never lasted long. Most of them either quit or if they got lucky, transfered to a different city. Even though nobody had spoked out about it, anyone with a decent eye sight could see the mess it was from a mile away.

Azumi found a nice tree to stop by for shade and started the video call with the man. Even if they weren't in person, Azumi felt as uncomfortable as possible. The call had begun with her boss giving a big amount of compliments regarding her good looks and how the force was lucky to have someone like her walking around their offices. Then the meeting, if one could call it that, shifted to why having female officers was so important even if they were at a disadvantage compared to males who were naturally better at the job. Of course, being a new recruit, Azumi knew better than to argue against her new employer. It felt wrong not speaking out against such an unfair display of power, but if she were to try and fulfill her dream, she had to stand him for at least a year, until she could request to be transfered to a different location.

The video call went on and on about the different rules and expectations that were expected from officers. Azumi bit her tongue as he mentioned that females must wear a skirt, because it looked more professional. She tried to suggest the liberty to choose, but he just reminded her that it was a long time tradition and they had to follow it. Azumi wasn't against skirts, but being forced to it in the kind of enviormant the chief of police had created, only made her regret her career choice a bit.

In the end, the meeting was more of a get to know you basis, with Azumi answering as many questions about herself as possible. She didn't see why he needed to know her favorite food and color or if she had a romantic interest or not, but it was all in the name of making a good first impression. The call ended with an invite to have dinner at his house, which Azumi thanked him for but didn't confirm any date for such occassion.

Once again, the Kalosian was on the road, a bit bothered and upset about the video call, but slowly making up her mind that it was for the best. At least, until she could find a way to change things. Lucky for her, a good distraction came. It seemed some hikers were having issues with a Yanma swarm and Azumi quickly jumped in to help. Afterwards, they offered her some lunch, which she agreed to and got to know a bit more about the Kalos wildlife thanks to them. Once that was over and the sun was beginning to go down, Azumi decided it was definitely time to head back.

Once she arrived at the farm, her need to help was still at full charge. She followed instructions from Esther or the farmer in whatever chore needed to be done and would even take some time to try and train the Flabebe she recently added to her team. Sadly, they only took orders from Nana still. Finally, the group had calmed down and a small conversation had begun about their next move.

"I'm defintely okay with moving along. Today was quite more calm than yesterday, I still have plenty of energy left." Azumi gave a slice of her apple to the Flabebe hovering around her while the other two got a scolding from Nana, who knows for what. "Can I suggest we walk this time? I don't think putting Monty through another ride on Roy is good for his legs. Also, I think Roy is pretty mad at me for using so much lately." She took a slice of apple for herself and smiled at the fairy type enjoying the snack along with her.

Bag:

x10 Great Ball

X5 Pokeballs

x4 Super Potion

X2 Revives

X2 Paralyze Heal

X2 Antidote

X1 Burn Heal

X1 Ice Heal

x5

Thursday, July 7th — 5:30 p.m.

Berry Fields < Rivière Walk (Route 7)

Although Esther had asked if they wanted to set out right away, she hadn’t expected them to actually choose it! Didn’t they see her hammock? Couldn’t they read between the lines? Did she look like someone who wanted to leave the comfort of her bed to trek through a hundred miles of underbrush? Maybe they didn’t truly understand the scope of the hike ahead of them.

“My, my, aren’t you two just raring to go?” With a lazy swipe, Esther projected a map of Kalos from her pokétch. The holographic map hung in the air, indistinct and blurry. It took a moment for the device to lock onto their geolocation. This was a feat Esther hadn’t been able to use before, but that had been since rectified, courtesy of the Farmer’s WiFi password.

Once the pokétch had calculated their coordinates, the hologram map zoomed in to display Berry Farms and its near surroundings. Esther set the farm as their start location and punched their next destination into the device—Cyllage City. The map blurred once more, a moment or two passed as a route was calculated, and then—PING!

『 Route calculated! From location: Berry Fields; to destination: Cyllage City! Please identify your mode of transportation! 』

Esther selected the option for walking.

『Re-Calculating! 』

The map zoomed out and Esther watched as a bright blue line was drawn from point A to point B. It looked a bit…far…

『 Calculation Complete! 』

『 Distance: 258 km ~ 160 miles! 』

『 Estimated travel time: 35 – 65 hours! 』

Esther smacked her lips. Loudly. She looked at Monty. Then at Azumi. Then the dim, evening sky. Then back to her compatriots. She looked at them. Really looked at them.

“We’ve got a loong way to go! Hope your shoes are comfy!”

“Five minutes to pack up, then let’s get moving!”
$6,920 | Pokéball x0 | PokéToy | PokéFlute

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)