• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon Crossover RP? [Interest Check/Planning]

Nico

Care Bears... prepare to stare!
Hello RpNation! After the lack of RPs through the last month, due to real life issues. I've decided to start up a new RP. A Pokemon one to be exact, thing is I've only played a few games and watched up to Johto. I hope that isn't a problem ^^;;

Anyways, I was hoping to get a few peeps to plan a new region. Perhaps maybe make this a crossover of VMMORPG (Sword Art Online, Log Horizion, .Hack, etc) and Pokemon :D

I was thinking they are trapped in a new Pokemon VMMORPG and have to beat the game to get out, due to a glitch that can't be fixed. Maybe a cyber attack?

Peeps I need

-Mapmaker (For the region map)

-GMs (For fights and NPCs)

-Everyone of you guy's brains. >.> I wont eat them I promise

Anyways If you guys are interested in helping me, comment below

Interested, might go for a GM position, if you're okay with the possibility of inactivity~ Also, my brain belongs to everybody, as I am the Kawaii Moe Neko-Chan, creator and protector of all things Kawaii, Moe, Neko, and Chan~

I can try to make the map... but I'll still be in the rp, right? With my brain not eaten, that is. >.>

I am definitly interested on this rp and I could help with/make the map if wolf is finding it difficult

May the gods watch over you,

TheRuleBook

@Wolf Wolf - Yes you can still be in the RP

@Moribund - All Pokemon that have been created even in Kalos is what will be in the RP and yes we are trainers

@MelodyRain - Why did you bother commenting if you only had something snarky to say?

Okay, what's really making me excited about this RP is the VMMORPG aspect and the possibility of becoming a Type Trainer.

Question: Are you looking for brainstorming ideas/world building stuff?

Question 1: Would we all start out at various points in the game or as newbies?

Question 2: Is the goal pretty much the same as every other pokemon game? Stop the evil team, defeat the gym leaders and the elite four?

Question 3: How "real" are the AIs/NPCs?

Idea A: Everyone picks a pokemon type and gets an xp boost in training that type.

Idea B: A wider range of starter pokemon (tho within the range of 300-315 base stats for example).

Idea C: Some risk to pokemon or trainer. For example, pokemon effectually "die" when they faint (and can't be revived), the trainer becomes susceptible to pokemon moves, some sort of time limit, etc.

Moribund said:
Question 1: Would we all start out at various points in the game or as newbies?
Question 2: Is the goal pretty much the same as every other pokemon game? Stop the evil team, defeat the gym leaders and the elite four?

Question 3: How "real" are the AIs/NPCs?

Idea A: Everyone picks a pokemon type and gets an xp boost in training that type.

Idea B: A wider range of starter pokemon (tho within the range of 300-315 base stats for example).

Idea C: Some risk to pokemon or trainer. For example, pokemon effectually "die" when they faint (and can't be revived), the trainer becomes susceptible to pokemon moves, some sort of time limit, etc.
I was thinking we all started off as newbies

Yes the only way to beat the game is to defeat the Elite Four

Pretty real, very human-like

I like all those ideas, the dying Pokemon is almost like the Nuzzlocke challenge

Ooh, I like the idea of NPCs being basically indistinguishable from humans. Leads to a bunch of fun questions about what makes up a humans and stuff.

Question 4: Do the other pokemon games exist in this world and this is just the newest one?

Question 5: How far in the future is this/what is the extent of technology besides virtual reality?

Question 6: How necessary is it to eat food/sleep in game?

Question 7: Any ideas for the goals of the evil teams?

Idea D: No catching legendaries. I don't think it would work very well in an MMORPG, since (1) there's only supposed to be really one of each, and (2) they are basically the gods of the world.

Idea E: I'm thinking there would be side quests or some sort of incentive to keep players continuing to come back instead of just completing the game and being done. Maybe the ability to explore and stuff.

Idea F: Ability for trainers to team up with others. Either for a pair battle or to join a guild for perks and stuff.

Idea G: Pokemon showing emotions (including fear and pain in various situations).

Idea H: Somewhat obvious, but character appearance customization beyond "Are you a boy or a girl?"

HollyLeafForever said:
@Nico
1: Hey! Its been soooo long since we talked

2: I am extremely interested in this, let me know anything that will help!
Hey ^^ um you can help brain storm :3

Moribund said:
Ooh, I like the idea of NPCs being basically indistinguishable from humans. Leads to a bunch of fun questions about what makes up a humans and stuff.
Question 4: Do the other pokemon games exist in this world and this is just the newest one?

Question 5: How far in the future is this/what is the extent of technology besides virtual reality?

Question 6: How necessary is it to eat food/sleep in game?

Question 7: Any ideas for the goals of the evil teams?

Idea D: No catching legendaries. I don't think it would work very well in an MMORPG, since (1) there's only supposed to be really one of each, and (2) they are basically the gods of the world.

Idea E: I'm thinking there would be side quests or some sort of incentive to keep players continuing to come back instead of just completing the game and being done. Maybe the ability to explore and stuff.

Idea F: Ability for trainers to team up with others. Either for a pair battle or to join a guild for perks and stuff.

Idea G: Pokemon showing emotions (including fear and pain in various situations).

Idea H: Somewhat obvious, but character appearance customization beyond "Are you a boy or a girl?"
Answer 4: Pokemon has been around for a long time so this is the newest one

A5: About 2020. It's probably very advanced then it its in our present day

A6: Very necessary, you would go through the game like you were actually living

A7: None so far but we can come up with one

Legendaries would probably be uncatchable no matter how strong your Pokemon is, the game wouldn't allow it.

Side Quests and maybe special events were you can get special Pokemon (Sorta like Wifi Events in our reality)

I like all the rest of those ideas, we can definately add them in :3

Ah and for armor I would say there could be equips for Pokemon just like their Trainers :3

Question 8: How much is virtual reality used for stuff in everyday life?

Idea I: Ability to buy and furnish a home for yourself. (Expensive? Ability to pool money for team home?)

Possible aspects for evil teams:

• Make money/Get rich
  • Free all Pokemon
  • Remove player characters
  • Overthrow government
  • Create utopia
  • Kill the legendaries

Hm. I can start working on the RP soon.

I know this is someone else's region but, what do you guys think of this Region? The Rainbow Region

http://ry-spirit.deviantart.com/art/The-Rainbow-Region-289929145

Moribund said:
Question 8: How much is virtual reality used for stuff in everyday life?
Idea I: Ability to buy and furnish a home for yourself. (Expensive? Ability to pool money for team home?)

Possible aspects for evil teams:

• Make money/Get rich
  • Free all Pokemon
  • Remove player characters
  • Overthrow government
  • Create utopia
  • Kill the legendaries
Houses would be an option, maybe a Guild HQ as well. It would probably cost 10,000 PokeDollars

Maybe some or more of those. Get Rich and take advantage of the Legendaries to get money

Also, if you need me to, I can see about handling pokemon battles (if we're using standard game mechanics).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back