• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon: Aetheric Platinum - Reboot!

That sounds perfect!

I'll argue it's difficult to in turn argue in favor of "logic" as Pokemon's main titles don't have a very consistent lore, at least in terms of the cultural atmosphere (why ten-year-olds would be permitted most of the time initially). I'll be sure to explain whichever age range I choose for my character all the same.

And that's definitely something to consider.

Thank you for the answers!

- All characters are expected to exist in the Sinnoh region. I made a generalization in the intro so as to prevent people from being scattered in different regions. It's also easier for me if everyone's kind of grouped together, so as long as you're in that area of Sinnoh that's near Jubilife, it's fine.

- All characters are expected to be beginning trainers, but not ten year olds. It's slightly more logical for beginning trainers to be in their late-teens. I'll make only a few exceptions, if the reasoning behind the change is logical.

- The Pokemon beginning trainers get will be the common starters, distributed by the professor. But again, if you can provide a logical explanation (ie a family pet) then you can start with two Pokemon or a non-starter Pokemon. The professor will not be handing out custom Pokemon, however you can select any starter from any region. The only catch to the starters is that no one can have two of the same. So no two Piplups or two Bulbasaurs.
I call dibs on turtwig! :)

So...

Whos up for dealing with a skull grunt taken out of Aloha because mom said so?

Just got off the boat, knows practically nothing about Sinnoh. Pretty much a goofy punk whos probably feeling real homesick, and probably will be out picking fights with a Mareanie by his side.

Or maybe her side, if I can get a good fc for either.

Sounds neato. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a character that is working in the Sinnoh Region as a Pokemon teacher?

General backstory should be quite straightforward, an experienced trainer from the ground up would then further his knowledge about Pokemon as his passion and wants to share it with growing children who aspire to be Pokemon trainers one day. After a few years of mentoring, he feels that it's time to set out on another adventure to reignite his passion and hone his battling skills once again with his old team.

We have a lot of players here trying to throw experienced or veteran trainers into the mix. It kind of defeats the purpose of having the thread centered around a group of brand new trainers setting out for the first time. The thread itself only needs a few experience trainers to act as guides. Even then they'll likely not be all that involved in the main plot line. Why would veteran trainers and champions need to be taking on Sinnoh's League Challenge?

There's no need to be trying to shoehorn in these supposed champions that are starting fresh for whatever reason.

KageYuuki said:
We have a lot of players here trying to throw experienced or veteran trainers into the mix.
Odd to refer to it as "shoehorning"; as I see it, an interest in older veteran characters is reflective only of player preference. Whomever anyone would like to write is intended for that player's comfort. I recommend, if you would like to prioritize less-experienced characters, to flesh out the premise of the game to encourage them in the beginning. Possibly, introduce mechanics to reward gradual character growth, or give fresh Trainers an incentive justified within the narrative. Although I perceived this to be a light, loose, Pokémon-themed RP, if you intend for it to be something more to the extent that you would like to limit the characters you receive, the final product should be a through reflection of that.

true... The grunt is bascly still just a REALLY dumb new kid.

Odd to refer to it as "shoehorning"; as I see it, an interest in older veteran characters is reflective only of player preference. Whomever anyone would like to write is intended for that player's comfort. I recommend, if you would like to prioritize less-experienced characters, to flesh out the premise of the game to encourage them in the beginning. Possibly, introduce mechanics to reward gradual character growth, or give fresh Trainers an incentive justified within the narrative. Although I perceived this to be a light, loose, Pokémon-themed RP, if you intend for it to be something more to the extent that you would like to limit the characters you receive, the final product should be a through reflection of that.
I'm not sure it's really going to be all that 'lighthearted'. I'll admit shoehorn may not have been the right word, but I've been more than a little distracted today. That said, in the interest check's description it says that the story will begin with the characters receiving their first pokemon or if they're using a family given pokemon, then their pokedex. More than likely they'll have recently received their trainer's license too.

EVERYONE SHALL BE MY TEACHER!

These are very good points that I haven't thought about.

The initial idea I had, the first time I set this up was an advanced, character-driven free roam kind of rp, where there was a set plot to focus on but we went at the role player's paces. However, I like to believe I've matured as a GM since then, and now realize that if I want a set plot, I'll have to be the one to initiate it, and hold everyone's hands as I lead them along. But that's not very fun for me, so I'm currently trying to find a balance.

So while this initially was intended to focus on newbie trainers, I'm starting to think perhaps I should deviate from that. Thank you very much KageYuuki KageYuuki for making that argument for me... but I'm also very easily swayed, and might need to make this a little more structured than initially planned.

That being said, would it be a good idea to make a predefined group with roles and all that, like often done in the realistic/modern section?

Winxy Winxy Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Bari Bari Narcissus Malfoy Narcissus Malfoy Orikanyo Orikanyo Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Mandalay Mandalay kursku kursku explosiveKitten explosiveKitten The Silent Z The Silent Z B Blink Tenebrous Tenebrous

To help clear confusion, better show what kind of thread this is, and set a standard for players, Noivian Noivian and I are currently overhauling the Interest Check's description. The CS template with be updated to better reflect added requirements. Sheets written in the middle of the night only cause problems for everyone so we're gonna clean things up for you guys. :)

We're not going to judge any sheets until after this update is finished and you guys have time to make any adjustments.

Winxy Winxy Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Bari Bari Narcissus Malfoy Narcissus Malfoy Orikanyo Orikanyo Lazy Taco Lazy Taco Mandalay Mandalay kursku kursku explosiveKitten explosiveKitten The Silent Z The Silent Z B Blink Tenebrous Tenebrous

To help clear confusion, better show what kind of thread this is, and set a standard for players, Noivian Noivian and I are currently overhauling the Interest Check's description. The CS template with be updated to better reflect added requirements. Sheets written in the middle of the night only cause problems for everyone so we're gonna clean things up for you guys. :)

We're not going to judge any sheets until after this update is finished and you guys have time to make any adjustments.
Sounds good to me, I just to post it or else I would had forgotten

These are very good points that I haven't thought about.
I'm impressed by the ambition you have for this roleplay, definitely. I received my initial "lighthearted" impression based squarely on the presentation of the premise alone. If you intend on pursuing a rehaul of the original idea, I would consider the longevity you would want the roleplay to have, its tone and common themes, and the variety of characters you'd prefer. Implement mechanics that are reflective of what you would want to see. Encouraging less-experienced Trainers, as an example, could be done by crafting a shared, encompassing motive or pursuit relevant to the canon of the roleplay; they're all aids to the Sinnoh Professor and partaking in a research assignment, or they're linked to some sponsors imposing expectations on them as they adventure.

I'd also encourage buckling down on the lore of the franchise, fleshing it out to the extent where inconsistent perceptions of it between members will be less likely. I've found it to be a problem in past experiences where characters felt isolated as their players applied separate understandings to the setting.

Hopefull I don't sound too imposing on my advice, lol. I'd be happy if participate in any brainstorming or workshopping if you'd like.

Oh, this sounds quite interesting to try out. I've really only stuck to RPing Pokemon among a few other things, so I think it would be quite nice to be able to play out as a trainer in general, whether they are experienced or newbies. It's got a small premise, but one that can definitely shift it's role and be fleshed-out more, depending on how it turns out really. So, count me in.

Ahh is this still a thing? I think I might be interested if you don't mind.

I've read snippets of it and see that it's mostly a roleplay for inexperienced trainers?

Ahh is this still a thing? I think I might be interested if you don't mind.

I've read snippets of it and see that it's mostly a roleplay for inexperienced trainers?

It's still a thing. We're working on an overhaul for this rp, so stick around and see if you still like it when we're done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back