• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon: Aetheric Platinum - Reboot!

Without burying you in a wall of text, a brief synopsis on an old character I loved the backstory to.

Trainer originally from Kanto, runs away to Johto prior to officially becoming a trainer, taking her family's Ninetails with her. Several years later, she takes the title of Johto League Champion and is pulled into helping root out and is quickly roped into hunting down and eliminating (a more dangerous) Team Rocket. Successful in many of her missions essentially ended up painting a target on herself.

Once everything was said and done, she'd been left severely injured, disfigured, and had to bury half of her team. Not being able to defend her title by League standards, she steps down and passes the title to one of her Elite Four.

She's more than likely hanging around Sinnoh snooping through the ruins of Aether's 'haven.' Haven't really thought of a reason to be in Sinnoh yet. *shrugs*

Hmm. Seems like an interesting character. One we could probably find a side plot for. Okay, I'll accept that!

Hmm. Seems like an interesting character. One we could probably find a side plot for. Okay, I'll accept that!
Nice!

I've still got some lore laying around on the Ninetails I'd done for another RP if you'd like too.

How old should these new trainers be?

Mid- to late-teens, preferrably. We're deviating from the canon ten year olds here. Because really, what society in the right mind would give kids the ability to control animals with powerful abilities? But alas, we can't all be grown ups.

It's been a long while since I played a Pokemon game, will that be a problem?

Probably not. Just be warned there will be spoilers for the latest games, as well as new Pokemon you might not be familiar with.

Mid- to late-teens, preferably. We're deviating from the canon ten year olds here. Because really, what society in the right mind would give kids the ability to control animals with powerful abilities? But alas, we can't all be grown ups.

Oh good. I was worried since my character is 15 and de-aging him would ruin his backstory narrative. ^^;

Pitch me your idea, I'll see if I like it.
So the rp will center around the time of Platinum but it leans more toward the anime right? That way I can work around the idea for my character and tell you cause I don't know if the Pokemon champion league is gonna be like the games or tournaments like in the anime?

So the rp will center around the time of Platinum but it leans more toward the anime right? That way I can work around the idea for my character and tell you cause I don't know if the Pokemon champion league is gonna be like the games or tournaments like in the anime?

The rp takes place after Platinum but before Sun and Moon, and will be more like the games than the anime. Combat works like in the anime, but the champion league would be more like the games.

hmmm.... You know, I have pretty similar character to someone that previously posted. But with a different path being taken, perhaps.
my girl was unofficially adopted by the Pokemon professor Elm of Johto (after her officially adopted family kiiiinda died in a massive fire), followed the usual pattern of a kid with a Pokemon, beating all the gyms, fighting Team Rocket, beating the pokemon league. But she doesn't take the Champion title. She's cool with simply having proof and getting to say that she did it. So rather then just wander and keep getting stronger, she instead starts doing research right along with Professor Elm who she does affectionately "Dad". I'd like to say she's been in Sinnoh for a while, helping professor Elm research some of the local pokemon (and doing some of her own research), and recieved a new starter from Rowan, just so she could experience the full Sinnoh experience with her normal team being left at home.

Is that cool? Or do you think that won't work?
Noivian Noivian

hmmm.... You know, I have pretty similar character to someone that previously posted. But with a different path being taken, perhaps.
my girl was unofficially adopted by the Pokemon professor Elm of Johto (after her officially adopted family kiiiinda died in a massive fire), followed the usual pattern of a kid with a Pokemon, beating all the gyms, fighting Team Rocket, beating the pokemon league. But she doesn't take the Champion title. She's cool with simply having proof and getting to say that she did it. So rather then just wander and keep getting stronger, she instead starts doing research right along with Professor Elm who she does affectionately "Dad". I'd like to say she's been in Sinnoh for a while, helping professor Elm research some of the local pokemon (and doing some of her own research), and recieved a new starter from Rowan, just so she could experience the full Sinnoh experience with her normal team being left at home.

Is that cool? Or do you think that won't work?
Noivian Noivian

Sounds okay! Just gotta make sure that everyone's on the same page with the whole Team Rocket stuff and all.

Also, just for quick clarification, is there a level limit on the Pokémon we're signing up with, orrrr?

Not over level 12 for new pokemon/trainers. So since your character is starting over, they'll probably start with a level 5 like in the games, unless they've had the Pokemon for a few days already.

Not over level 12 for new pokemon/trainers. So since your character is starting over, they'll probably start with a level 5 like in the games, unless they've had the Pokemon for a few days already.
She'll have been in Sinnoh for a couple months now, at the least. I have an entire team planned but I wasn't going to give her everyone first thing.

She'll have been in Sinnoh for a couple months now, at the least. I have an entire team planned but I wasn't going to give her everyone first thing.

Yeah, I'm still gonna cap you at 12. It's unfair to those just starting to have so many more experienced people running about.

Kinda rusty on Pokémon lore in terms of what's new. While memory for the Platinum years will take a bit of wikia reading. But seeing as your not limiting Pokémon to just sinnoh then I'd be interested. (No guarantees on post speed though. Currently have a few Rps I'm in.)

But nostalgia for the series and haven't done one in some time. I'd like to join a Pokémon Rp and this one fits the bill by what I've read so far in this thread.

Interested; seeing as you have the application template up, I have some questions before I start completing it:

-- Are all characters expected to have explicitly moved to Jubilife? Could a character hold temporary residence there? Is the expectation that characters move from Jubilife to Sandgem in-character or can a character begin initially in Sandgem?

-- Are all characters expected to be teenagers, and if so, what would be the in-character justification? Are there regulations or other bureaucratic proceedings preventing adults from being novice Pokemon Trainers?

-- Are the Lv. 5-Lv. 12 starting partners the starters, as in the Pokemon Professors will provide these at the Sandgem lab? Considering the in-character justification if "yes": Would these be common starters, as in, as commonly interpreted, the Turtwig/Chimchar/Piplup triad is offered to multiple Trainers? I.e. would Pokemon like Inkay already reside in the Professor's lab? Would they instead be customized beforehand, i.e. Would Kyle have asked for a Sandshrew prior to meeting the Professor?

Are all characters expected to be teenagers, and if so, what would be the in-character justification?
I think that bit's more because 10yr olds traveling the world alone, with these incredibly powerful and dangerous creatures, isn't exactly the best idea out there.

Interested; seeing as you have the application template up, I have some questions before I start completing it:

-- Are all characters expected to have explicitly moved to Jubilife? Could a character hold temporary residence there? Is the expectation that characters move from Jubilife to Sandgem in-character or can a character begin initially in Sandgem?

-- Are all characters expected to be teenagers, and if so, what would be the in-character justification? Are there regulations or other bureaucratic proceedings preventing adults from being novice Pokemon Trainers?

-- Are the Lv. 5-Lv. 12 starting partners the starters, as in the Pokemon Professors will provide these at the Sandgem lab? Considering the in-character justification if "yes": Would these be common starters, as in, as commonly interpreted, the Turtwig/Chimchar/Piplup triad is offered to multiple Trainers? I.e. would Pokemon like Inkay already reside in the Professor's lab? Would they instead be customized beforehand, i.e. Would Kyle have asked for a Sandshrew prior to meeting the Professor?

Of course, but my question was mainly to attract permission for playing an adult, someone over age 21.

- All characters are expected to exist in the Sinnoh region. I made a generalization in the intro so as to prevent people from being scattered in different regions. It's also easier for me if everyone's kind of grouped together, so as long as you're in that area of Sinnoh that's near Jubilife, it's fine.

- All characters are expected to be beginning trainers, but not ten year olds. It's slightly more logical for beginning trainers to be in their late-teens. I'll make only a few exceptions, if the reasoning behind the change is logical.

- The Pokemon beginning trainers get will be the common starters, distributed by the professor. But again, if you can provide a logical explanation (ie a family pet) then you can start with two Pokemon or a non-starter Pokemon. The professor will not be handing out custom Pokemon, however you can select any starter from any region. The only catch to the starters is that no one can have two of the same. So no two Piplups or two Bulbasaurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back