• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon: Aetheric Platinum - Reboot!

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Two years ago, news spread rapidly across the world of the rising threat Team Galactic posed, riding the media's hype train. Many assumed them to be something akin to Team Rocket, or Team Aqua and Team Magma, their predecessors. Until one day, they all but vanished into thin air, the remaining members scattered like rats in the dawn. The rest of the year consisted of a massive manhunt for their leader Cyrus, but nothing turned up. Eventually, the world started to forget. Team Galactic was a dud, they proclaimed. They were all hot air and no substance. The news never reported the massive tear in reality they left atop Mt. Coronet.

The next year, a facility was built on the outskirts of Hearthome City. The Aether Foundation's Sinnoh Branch. Regarded by the media as an altruistic Pokemon haven, many eagerly ignored the cries that often sounded at night, coming from the facility. It was a shame, the media professed, when the facility collapsed due to an internal fire from the basement of the facility. No one dared question it. It was merely an unfortunate, unforeseeable future. No one bothered searching the rubble, and no one discovered the experimental lab that lay below the foundation building.

This year, you and your family moved to Jubilife City, in one of the many high-rising apartment complexes. The day after the move is when your journey starts. Journey to Sandgem Town, to choose your starter from the professor. But you're not the only one getting their first Pokemon today. Grouped up or separate, each one of you will carve your name into history.

So, yeah! If you couldn't tell, this will be a Pokemon role play, focusing on the events that take place after Platinum but before Sun and Moon. I haven't beaten Platinum, but I have beaten Diamond and Pearl, though, so I do have a grasp on Sinnoh's general plot. Please do PM me for major plot ideas, but feel free to add in your own ideas!

This will be a more realistic Pokemon, in the sense that the Pokemon wouldn't just stand there and look at each other while the trainers decide on moves. Battles would be more akin to the anime, in that the Pokemon are almost constantly moving, and the moves they use can easily be redirected or re-purposed, and combo-ed with other moves. There's also gonna be a lot of canon deviation as far as lore behind the Legendaries go, and certain aspects about hybrids. PM me if you want the full run down, but we'll be crossing this bridge when we get to it in rp.

So if anyone's interested still, even after that text wall, drop a post and a like. If I get five people interested, I'll set up a thread!

My co-gm is Nightwisher Nightwisher .

I'm a bit of a slow post but if you're willing to bear with me I'd like to join. If not I understand.

Definitely interested! Will Galactic members be available to play as well? If so, I would absolutely love to write for Mars.

Definitely interested! Will Galactic members be available to play as well? If so, I would absolutely love to write for Mars.

Canon Galactic members might make reappearances, but no guarantees. If anything, they're more likely to turn up as NPC's than playable characters. The idea was that all player characters were beginning trainers, with a few exceptions.

Canon Galactic members might make reappearances, but no guarantees. If anything, they're more likely to turn up as NPC's than playable characters. The idea was that all player characters were beginning trainers, with a few exceptions.
Ahh, okay. Still interested, though! How old will the new trainers be? Will they be absolute beginners or can they have past experience, such as with pets or school or trainer parents?

Ahh, okay. Still interested, though! How old will the new trainers be? Will they be absolute beginners or can they have past experience, such as with pets or school or trainer parents?

Pets, school, and trainer parents are okay. I imagine, since I wanted to be a little more realistic with the characters, perhaps late teens? As long as you can reasonably validate your character, I won't have a problem with it.

*kicks in the door*

I have arrived, and wish to do the thing.

Oh okay. So would we be limited for now only the sinnoh region pokemon as well as starters?

Oh okay. So would we be limited for now only the sinnoh region pokemon as well as starters?

You won't be limited to only Sinnoh Pokemon once we get out on the road, but you can choose any starter you want as an actual starter. If your family has a pet Pokemon or if your parents give you a Pokemon, they may also be used instead of a starter.

You won't be limited to only Sinnoh Pokemon once we get out on the road, but you can choose any starter you want as an actual starter. If your family has a pet Pokemon or if your parents give you a Pokemon, they may also be used instead of a starter.
sounds good.

then you don't mind if I snag a bounsweet then?

I have a love for the adorable little berry.

Any chance on having an old veteran trainer wandering about?

Regardless, the plot sounds like it could be interesting.

That wasn't my intention but you can try to convince me if you want to.

I'm a big fan of Pokemon but if I could be a character that has been a trainer for 2 years, someone that has experience on the aspect of Pokemon and who can teach any new trainer if they need information. He would be a trainer whose main Pokemon will be on one of the professors lab, while he starts with random one, Pokemon that he caught before but didn't have time to train them.

Noivian Noivian

I'm a big fan of Pokemon but if I could be a character that has been a trainer for 2 years, someone that has experience on the aspect of Pokemon and who can teach any new trainer if they need information. He would be a trainer whose main Pokemon will be on one of the professors lab, while he starts with random one, Pokemon that he caught before but didn't have time to train them.

Noivian Noivian

Do you two think you'd like to serve as guides to the new trainers? Sort of like the professor's assistant in diamond/Pearl?

That wasn't my intention but you can try to convince me if you want to.
Without burying you in a wall of text, a brief synopsis on an old character I loved the backstory to.

Trainer originally from Kanto, runs away to Johto prior to officially becoming a trainer, taking her family's Ninetails with her. Several years later, she takes the title of Johto League Champion and is pulled into helping root out and is quickly roped into hunting down and eliminating (a more dangerous) Team Rocket. Successful in many of her missions essentially ended up painting a target on herself.

Once everything was said and done, she'd been left severely injured, disfigured, and had to bury half of her team. Not being able to defend her title by League standards, she steps down and passes the title to one of her Elite Four.

She's more than likely hanging around Sinnoh snooping through the ruins of Aether's 'haven.' Haven't really thought of a reason to be in Sinnoh yet. *shrugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back