• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: A New Adventure! OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
It's not just you. Thats why I made a character with one pokemon. There's so much room to move and breathe and grow.

I'm with you. I've been toying with making a second character who's much more of a 'newbie', or at least with a smaller team, for that reason.

Don't get me wrong, I see the appeal in making a mentor or villain type character fully advanced. It gives us something to aspire to. I just don't think that kind of power should be something the main characters start with.

I think it depends on what you want out of your character. If you want them to grow as a Trainer, as a person, or as both? If that makes any sense.

It does. And youre right. Its more than possible to do one without the other. I suppose I was looking at this game from a linear viewpoint instead of as a sandbox.

Well, I dunno, i can see pretty interesting interactions between the two in both scenarios. Cross isn’t really one who believes “mystics” are really “mystical”, so it might be interesting. But she met a budding researcher, younger and less experienced than herself, it might turn into a mentor-protege kinda thing

Going by the Pokemon Tabletop Adventures playbook, Mystic is something Trainers can be, so I'd be using those rules to make her. I hope it wouldn't mess up the game Captain Spooks Captain Spooks , but they're a bit like Psychics just they channel power borrowed from Pokemon and can also read emotions/intent. I'm leaning that way tbh

Going by the Pokemon Tabletop Adventures playbook, Mystic is something Trainers can be, so I'd be using those rules to make her. I hope it wouldn't mess up the game Captain Spooks Captain Spooks , but they're a bit like Psychics just they channel power borrowed from Pokemon and can also read emotions/intent. I'm leaning that way tbh
Which is why I’d imagine it’ll be interesting. Fair warning though, they may or may not become a topic of her research

I may jump back in. Just focusing on other RPs since this makes two in a row where I go to interact with someone and they just ghost.

Same. When I join an rp, I'm dedicated. Malkav Malkav come to the center and join us :) We don't bite. Well, I don't. Not hard anyway......unless you're in to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back