• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: A New Adventure!

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Captain Spooks

Your friendly neighborhood Darkwraith
pokemon_oc__professor_maple_by_scorch62msc-dadv56k.jpg
Welcome to the world of Pokemon! My name is Professor Maple, the lead professor in pokemon and human relations in the Ashon region. And I know most of you have either just started on your journey as a trainer, or you've been at it for a while. Either way I have a request for you.

I want to study how you and your Pokémon interact, as stated before my main branch of research is the relationships between people and their Pokémon. It won't be dangerous at all so don't you worry, just a little bit of observation here and there just to check on your cute little partners.

Now you must be wondering why I'm asking you do so this... if not I'm telling you anyways. In recent years a group of people have been claiming that certain Pokémon are too 'dangerous' to be near us humans and some have even gone as far to disrupt these creatures delicate ecosystem... bastards. While I myself sympathize with these accused Pokémon, what would you do if some stranger came stomping inside of your living room.

Most of these accusers are from out neighboring region Kimser, and I'm pretty sure that their ideals will spread through all of the regions on our continent. I know it might be a lot to ask for, but on your travels please help any Pokémon that is on trouble, especially if their being attacked by those punks.

Welp that's all I have to say for now. Have fun on your travels, I sure know I was excited when I first set out.

76f735a7453d8fa9d14fc39f46895189--couple.jpg
Aero City
Morning

Snuck away on the south-western coast of Ashon lies Aero City. A quiet city build on a hill leading into the ocean. Most of the building are either made out of stone or bricks. Wingull's glided on the early morning breeze as the peaceful town slowly awoke, children ran through the cobblestone streets as the adults starting their daily routines. At the top of the city there was the Flying Pokemon gym and outside a few eager trainers waited for a challenge. Though our story takes place farther down the city to a white bricked building, above the glass doors read "Pokemon Lab". This particular lab was ran by Professor Maple, an expert on relationships between trainers and their Pokemon. Currently the young professor looked outside of the second story window, worry spread across her face. "When do you think they'll arrive?" She asked, turning to one of her assistants and the man shrugged, "Give them time, it's still early." Again Professor Maple looked out the window at the people passing by, "no matter how many times I do this I can't help but to feel nervous," She continued as her assistant remains quiet, he's already hear her go on about this a thousand times this week.

Moving from her office Professor Maple made her way downstairs into the main entrance of the Laboratory, it was spacious with large windows around the main entrance, letting in as much natural light as possible. There wasn't a lot of lab equipment in the facility as the Scientists here only observe the relationship between Trainers and their Pokemon. This year would be the largest study to date, they had asked trainers from all skill levels, from beginners to League contestants to help them in their research. The task was simple, travel around the three regions Ashon, Kimser, and Celen. Maple, along with her co-workers would how each trainer and their corresponding Pokemon grew or changed during their adventure. Now they waited for said trainers to arrive so that the study could get underway.

6e06a8a35579165bd1a22554bd1146b0-d4l7ctx.gif
Xavier Winstfield
Aero City

Sprinting through the cobblestone streets of Aero City was a young teen, jumping down stairs and taking shortcuts through alleyways. It was easy to tell that this young man knew his way around the city. "Almost... there..." The boy gasped while weaving through the streets. From his backpack a Togepi popped it's small head out, surveying her surroundings as they quickly passed by. Letting out a sequel of joy Xavier glanced back at his Pokemon with a smile on his face, "Hold on buddy, this is going to get a little rough," he told his Pokemon and in response the Egg Pokemon ducked back into the backpack. Sprinting around a corner Xavier saw the white laboratory so he kicked it into full gear until he made it to the glass doors, swinging them open with a triumphant look on his face. To his knowledge Xavier had arrived first... well that was to be expected as he lived pretty close. "Ah Xavier you're here early," Professor Maple said, smiling at the teenager. She was good friends with Xavier's Parents as the three of them traveled together when they were young. "Of course," Xavier replied, "I wanted to make sure I was the first one here!" He continued with a large grin on his face. Professor Maple chuckled, he was fired up as usual, "Well now I guess we wait for the rest of the trainers."
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof I Iamkingdomhearts1000 Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Malkav Malkav explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Webs Elk Webs Elk

“... did we go down this street yet.”

Cross was lost. Terribly, tragically lost.
Here she was, standing in at a cross roads with a map of the region in her hands and her partner Meganium at her side, but she still had no idea where to go. This wasn’t her PokeGear- she couldn’t pull a more detailed city map out of this paper map she saw on a tourist board at the harbor.

“Ughh... what did Elm say the building looked like again? ... it’s gotta have a big ol’ sign, right? ... how is it I always manage to get lost in these giant cities?!” Cross mumbled loudly, “It happened in Goldenrod, it happened in Saffron and Lumiose! What is wrong with me?!” She cried, leaning back against Luna, who was chuckling as she remembered all the times her trainer had gotten lost in the big cities. The Grass Type then tugged on her trainers hood to get her attention, before using some of her vines to point at the building with the giant “POKEMON LAB” sign on the building, along with giant windows and a trainer with blue hair walking into it.
“... oh, so you let me rant and feel like an idiot for a couple minutes before you point out where the lab is. Thanks, Luna. I love you too.”
The Meganium made a big heart with her vines before turning and walking in the direction of the lab. Cross only glared for a moment before shaking her head, snickering at her own stupidity before jogging after the big green Pokemon.

Soon enough, the young woman walked up to the door and opened it, holding it open to let the Meganium walk in first before following in behind her. The brunette looked around the lab, then took in Professor Maple and straightened out her shirt, trying to make herself look at least somewhat more professional. She then strode over to the Professor and stuck her hand out for a handshake, “Hi, I’m guessing you’re Professor Maple? I’m uhh, I’m Cross. Cross Elm. I just arrived from Johto.”

Captain Spooks Captain Spooks

Leanna Ivy Lin O'Dwell
Pran Town ---> Aero City
Leanna walked out of her home, giving a short wave back to her mother as three pokemon followed her, close on her heels. "Bye mom, I'll see you around!" She called back to her mother as she made her way down the road toward Aero City. It wouldn't be a long walk since the city was nearby, but Leanna still walked as if she was in a hurry to get there. Though, it was more because she was excited then actually in a hurry.

Leanna and her pokemon soon made it to Aero City and she began looking around at the people crowding walking along the crowded streets. She took a deep breath, taking in the fresh sea air before looking back at her Garchomp. "Well, Gibby, ready for another adventure?" She smiled widely and Gibby let out a soft, happy rawr in response. She then brought her attention down to her Salandit and Phantump. "I hope you two are ready as well." She spoke as she began to head toward the pokemon lab. Her Phantump staying as close as he can to her as she walked, almost as if he was spooked by everything around her. Her Salandit quickly jumped up onto Leanna's shoulder, sitting there much like a bird would.

The three of them quickly made their way inside with Phantump hugging on her leg, Salandit clinging onto her shoulder and a large Garchomp following close behind her. "Oh hello, Professor." Leanna gave a kind smile toward the professor before looking at the other's in the room "Hello everyone."
Tags
explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Captain Spooks Captain Spooks

Christopher Andrew O'Dwell
Boat ---> Aero City
Christopher looked out from the side of the boat, his body party leaning on the railing as he watched the land get closer and closer. "Are you ready to be back on land Whisper?" He asked, tilting his head to the side as he spoke. Not too far away from him stood a large Golisopod who perked up as Christopher spoke. The Golisopod made a deep, rough noise in response. Christopher smiled and looked up into the sky, seeing his Noivern fly above the boat some before landing alongside Christopher with a soft thud. "And you, Racket? Are you excited to finally be getting back on land?" Christopher chuckled some as his Noivern nodded before jumping back up, using the railing to gain some air, and taking off once again, following along with the boat as it got closer to land.

Soon the boat docked and Christopher and his pokemon stepped out onto dry land. Christopher took in a deep breath as he straightens out his shirt some. "Well guys, let's get to work!" Christopher said excitedly as they made their way to the pokemon lab. He walked through the door and was met with the other trainers, who he was surprised to see that one of them was his sister. "Leanna, what a surprise to see you here..." He watched as his sister turned and gave him a large hug. He chuckled and brought his attention to the Professor. "Professor Maple, long time no see." He gave a kind smile.

The sun was shining, the sky was pure bright blue beautiful and walking along the streets heading towards Professor Maple's research center was a tall man at the exact age of 30, wearing a business suit and carrying a briefcase, he looked up towards both the sky and the sun, covering his eyes with his arm when facing the latter, as this man had then smiled to himself before finally reaching the center, it was here that he entered, took off his hat and had revealed himself to everyone:

"...Hello, long time no see Maple, how are you doing?"

said the man, apparently knowing the Professor.

(Ziegfried's 1st Appearance Intro Theme Song-<iframe width="854" height="480" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>.).​

Prepare for trouble.

Taylor made her way to the local lab of Ashon region. From all of her research, Maple seemed like an amiable and idealistic Pokemon professor; there would be no need to liberate her Pokemon.

Still, today was the big day for many bright-eyed trainers just beginning their journey. Taylor envied these trainers beginning their journey.

One of the laboratory assistants gave Taylor a perplexed look. She was clearly a bit old to be beginning her journey.

She offered the assistant a smile. "Oh, no, I'm just here to support the newcomers," Green stated. Truth be told, she was there to ensure that none of the fresh Pokemon went to a spoiled brat. They'd be better off with Team Rocket than a bratty fifth-grader. It also served as a possible recruitment opportunity.

The assistant went about her business at the dismissal and Taylor scanned the room. A couple of kids came to professor, one obviously wanting their first Pokemon. Taylor examined his character to make sure that he was fit to take on a Pokemon as his companion.

An older man in a suit had approached the professor. He seemed vaguely familiar to her, but she couldn't quite place it. She watched him with intent.

The sound of the ship's bellowing horn was more than enough to wake both trainer and Pokemon alike, Zeke stretching as he sat upright in his rented room in the ship. After a week at sea Zeke was ready to set foot on dry land, and the ship's horn could only mean just that. Land was finally in sight. Jumping off the bed and quickly getting dressed, Zeke would almost walk out of the room until he noticed his Pokemon partner was still laying on the bed. “Shinx? Shiiiiinx.” He called to no avail, walking over to the bed and moving to sit in a way that his elbows rested on the bed, his head resting in his hands. “You comfy there are ya Shinx? Maybe wanna...take a nap?” he would ask the small electric Pokemon on the bed, the Shinx responding by yawning with a grin, laying his head back down and getting comfortable. “Well.....TOO BAD!!” Zeke yelled before picking the Shinx up and dropping him back on the bed, the Shinx landing on all fours and bouncing in joy despite Zeke's best attempts. “There's a big, wide world out there Shinx, and we're gonna see it. So get your star shaped tail in gear and get th lead out!” The Shinx continued to bounce on the bed until Zeke headed for the door, hopping down and following after his trainer.

Zeke was dressed in more casual attire than he had become used to wearing while at Pokemon Tech, for now sporting a black t-shirt with a Gengar's face printed on it, jeans, and tennis shoes. It was a far cry from the uniform he wore back in school, which is precisely why he was wearing it in the first place. 5 years and the only thing he had been allowed to wear was that stupid uniform. Now that he was free, he was going to take full advantage of everything he had been denied in the past. Zeke would rub his temples as he and his electric pal headed for where everyone else just as eager to depart, mumbling to himself. He stopped mumbling when he got to his place in line, only to be pushed by accident by the person behind him in to the person in front of him. The burly sailor would turn and look down, fighting back the urge to laugh. “Easy there little man. You almost hurt Th Boulder.” Why was he referring to himself in the third person? With his Shinx yelping at the sailor, Zeke would merely look up at the man and reply “Easy there boulder brains. You almost hurt yourself coming up with that nickname.” With a grin Zeke and his Shinx would slip past The Boulder when it was his turn to depart the ship.

Zeke would hurry off to one side once he was on dry land so everyone was out of his way and stretch again, rolling his shoulders. “Finally. Elbow room. This is more like it.” 7 days cooped up on a ship was no fun experience. At least not when everyone and their mother butted in to his relaxation time asking if he needed any help finding his parents. “Now then” He started, pulling up a holomap of the city from his X-Transciever. After studying it a moment, Zeke would nod. According to the map, there was a gym in this very city. And while he wanted nothing more than to take it on so he could nab his first badge right off the bat, he had a feeling it was going to take a lot more than him and his Shinx to accomplish that goal. He would have to save it for later. Right now he needed to get to the Pokemon lab, which was indicated on the map as being just past the gym. “Cmon Shinx” he would call to the electric pup before moving, heading for the Lab.

As they drew near, Zeke would stop and turn to his Shinx. “Alright you. Back in your ball you go. I don't need you getting lost in some professor's lab day 1 or worse.” The Shinx would protest, but was ultimately recalled to the poke-ball he had been captured with. Zeke knew how the Shinx would react. Something electrical would distract him, he would wonder off, and the next thing any of them knew something would end up fried. And the blame would fall to Zeke for not yet teaching his Shinx how to stick close to his new trainer. Once that was taken care of Zeke would continue on his trek to the Lab, entering a moment later and seeing that already a group had already started to form. He was fine with not being the first one here, he just hoped he wasn't the last. Clearing his throat as he joined the group, Zeke would look around, wondering which of them exactly was Professor Maple. “Hope I'm not too late for this shindig.

As he looked around the room, Zeke would spot someone that seemed familiar, but he couldn't place...wait he knew!! Stepping around the others so he didn't bump anyone by mistake, Zeke would approach the familiar female and tap her on the elbow. “And here, I thought you Johto students didn't play very well with others.” he grinned, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked to Taylor. “Haven't seen you since that last tournament. How you been?

Last edited:
Yuuki Hartford

Staring out the passenger window, Yuuki watched, transfixed as the landscape changed from sprawling cities to the countryside and back again, Lila currently asleep in her arms. This was the first time in ages that she had gotten to leave the family estate, or better yet Acomb, without her parents or Shiro at her side. Her stomach was a bundle of nerves, twisting and clenching as she thought about what that exactly meant. According to her brother, she was about to undertake a journey where most of the things she had long since taken for granted would be slim to none. That meant things such as none of the high class social gatherings she was used to, servants to take care of food preparation, or, other than the one she had driving her at the moment, any chauffeurs to take her from place to place. This will be a challenge which she would have to overcome on her own. A part of Yuuki wondered if she was even up to the task, considering how just seeing a unfamiliar pokemon made her heart race...And yet another part of her was ready, ready to start her own adventure just like one out of a novel.

"Miss Yuuki?" She heard her driver, Desmond, call. "We have arrived at the Pokemon Lab."

Yuuki blinked, pulling herself away from her thoughts. She looked around, seeing several quaint looking stone and brick buildings. Based on the information she had read online, this seemed to be the place, Aero City...

Gently nudging the Torchic in her lap awake, she stepped out of the car after placing a groggy Lilia on the ground, thanking Desmond for his services before he drove the limousine back home. Once he was gone, she stretched, feeling the muscles in her back popping from the long ride from Acomb to Aero.

"So...this is it, Lila." Yuuki muttered, looking down at the pokemon as she smelled the ocean breeze. "Are you ready?"

The Torchic chirped, holding her head held high and chest puffed out. Yuuki giggled softly, then looked at the building in front of them. She took a deep deep breath, nodding resolutely to herself as they walked in, a short brown haired boy in front of them. Already several trainers were in the large room, some of them with their pokemon out of their capsules. Her heart raced, but did her best to ignore it.

Smiling like the lady she still sort of was, she said politely, "Hello everyone. My name is Yuuki Hartford, and this is my partner Lila. It's pleasure to make your acquaintances."

Last edited:
The sound of the ship's bellowing horn was more than enough to wake both trainer and Pokemon alike, Zeke stretching as he sat upright in his rented room in the ship. After a week at sea Zeke was ready to set foot on dry land, and the ship's horn could only mean just that. Land was finally in sight. Jumping off the bed and quickly getting dressed, Zeke would almost walk out of the room until he noticed his Pokemon partner was still laying on the bed. “Shinx? Shiiiiinx.” He called to no avail, walking over to the bed and moving to sit in a way that his elbows rested on the bed, his head resting in his hands. “You comfy there are ya Shinx? Maybe wanna...take a nap?” he would ask the small electric Pokemon on the bed, the Shinx responding by yawning with a grin, laying his head back down and getting comfortable. “Well.....TOO BAD!!” Zeke yelled before picking the Shinx up and dropping him back on the bed, the Shinx landing on all fours and bouncing in joy despite Zeke's best attempts. “There's a big, wide world out there Shinx, and we're gonna see it. So get your star shaped tail in gear and get th lead out!” The Shinx continued to bounce on the bed until Zeke headed for the door, hopping down and following after his trainer.

Zeke was dressed in more casual attire than he had become used to wearing while at Pokemon Tech, for now sporting a black t-shirt with a Gengar's face printed on it, jeans, and tennis shoes. It was a far cry from the uniform he wore back in school, which is precisely why he was wearing it in the first place. 5 years and the only thing he had been allowed to wear was that stupid uniform. Now that he was free, he was going to take full advantage of everything he had been denied in the past. Zeke would rub his temples as he and his electric pal headed for where everyone else just as eager to depart, mumbling to himself. He stopped mumbling when he got to his place in line, only to be pushed by accident by the person behind him in to the person in front of him. The burly sailor would turn and look down, fighting back the urge to laugh. “Easy there little man. You almost hurt Th Boulder.” Why was he referring to himself in the third person? With his Shinx yelping at the sailor, Zeke would merely look up at the man and reply “Easy there boulder brains. You almost hurt yourself coming up with that nickname.” With a grin Zeke and his Shinx would slip past The Boulder when it was his turn to depart the ship.

Zeke would hurry off to one side once he was on dry land so everyone was out of his way and stretch again, rolling his shoulders. “Finally. Elbow room. This is more like it.” 7 days cooped up on a ship was no fun experience. At least not when everyone and their mother butted in to his relaxation time asking if he needed any help finding his parents. “Now then” He started, pulling up a holomap of the city from his X-Transciever. After studying it a moment, Zeke would nod. According to the map, there was a gym in this very city. And while he wanted nothing more than to take it on so he could nab his first badge right off the bat, he had a feeling it was going to take a lot more than him and his Shinx to accomplish that goal. He would have to save it for later. Right now he needed to get to the Pokemon lab, which was indicated on the map as being just past the gym. “Cmon Shinx” he would call to the electric pup before moving, heading for the Lab.

As they drew near, Zeke would stop and turn to his Shinx. “Alright you. Back in your ball you go. I don't need you getting lost in some professor's lab day 1 or worse.” The Shinx would protest, but was ultimately recalled to the poke-ball he had been captured with. Zeke knew how the Shinx would react. Something electrical would distract him, he would wonder off, and the next thing any of them knew something would end up fried. And the blame would fall to Zeke for not yet teaching his Shinx how to stick close to his new trainer. Once that was taken care of Zeke would continue on his trek to the Lab, entering a moment later and seeing that already a group had already started to form. He was fine with not being the first one here, he just hoped he wasn't the last. Clearing his throat as he joined the group, Zeke would look around, wondering which of them exactly was Professor Maple. “Hope I'm not too late for this shindig.

As he looked around the room, Zeke would spot someone that seemed familiar, but he couldn't place...wait he knew!! Stepping around the others so he didn't bump anyone by mistake, Zeke would approach the familiar female and tap her on the elbow. “And here, I thought you Johto students didn't play very well with others.” he grinned, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked to Taylor. “Haven't seen you since that last tournament. How you been?

Taylor Green was surprised to see the kid from Kanto show up here. He hadn't aged a day, either. Whispers between the Kanto to the Johto students was that he had some weird Benjamin Buttons-esque disease that stunted his growth. Still, from what she recalled, he was an agreeable enough boy with a can-do attitude who rivaled her own skills in battle. He'd be a good agent for Rocket, especially with how innocuous he was.

Taylor offered a smile back at the kid.

"We can play a little rough, you know, if you're a Kanto student," Green teased.

"I've been good. Graduated with honors, so I'm an official trainer and all. I did a bit of traveling to craft my team. Pretty happy with my pals. Then I decided rather than going through the Johto or Kanto ringer that'd I'd give Ashon a go first."

She put a hand on her hip and gave the kid a determined smile.

"So how have you been? Are you here to give the challenge a go, too? You were actually pretty good from what I remember."

While she conversed with her former, and possibly current, competition, a newcomer arrived. After allowing Zeke a chance to respond, she addressed the smartly-dressed girl.

"Hello Yuuki," Taylor began. She introduced her Torchic, a common starter Pokemon, particularly in the Hoenn region. Taylor placed her hands on her knees as she leaned down to greet the little bird Pokemon. "And hello to you, too, Lila."

Zeke couldn't help but to grin when Taylor spoke, waving a playful dismissive hand in her direction. “Yeah yeah, rough. Is that what they're calling it nowadays?” Good to see he had left an impression on his school rival. He would listen as she explained what she had been up to once she graduated, giving a nod here and there. When asked if he was here for his own challenge Zeke would nod, reaching for his belt and producing a single poke-ball. “Sure am. Only one problem. One thing they don't tell you is when you graduate, you don't get to take their trained Pokemon with you. Graduated last month, took some time to rest, got this lil guy for graduating, and came here. Right now, I'm not much more of a threat to you right now than--” he was cut off as the ball in his hand opened, the Shinx it contained shaking to get that contained feeling out of his fur. Turning, the Shinx would look up to Zeke and his human friend, offering a happy yelp in greeting. “Well...he's full of energy anyway.” The Shinx was a far cry from some of the Pokemon he had battled with in the past, but he was the Pokemon, out of all Pokemon, chosen to be Zeke's first.

Of course” he started with a grin, looking towards the others that had gathered before continuing “If the good Professor wants to hook me up with another Pokemon to join me on my journey, I won't complain.” At this point in his journey, it was better to have two Pokemon than just one. Two Pokemon meant two chances of winning. When Yuuki approached and greeted everyone, Zeke would offer a quick, single wave and a “Yo” to the new girl. Zeke would first glance to the Torchic in the girl's arms, then down to his Shinx, who had already yipped a greeting to the new girl and was now hunched down in a prowl like stance, tail raised and wagging lightly. He was a feline. Torchic was a bird. He was going to get this bird and present it to his trainer. That is, until Zeke nudged the Shinx with his foot, pushing the Pokemon barely an inch from its position on the floor. “Behave yourself, or its back to the ball. And this time I'll strap it shut if I have to.” He would tell the Shinx who immediately relaxed before approaching the new girl and rubbing against her leg, wanting some of that attention the bird was getting. “Sorry about him. He's still....young. Rough around the edges....Very. Rough.

Malkav Malkav Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight

Arielle Atken

“At least the weather around here is nice.” At Arielle’s side, Thirteen made a noise of general agreement. Most of the people in the streets paid the Absol little mind, although Arielle did see the occasional glance of concern. Both Trainer and Pokemon ignored them, far more concerned with their destination. Although she knew exactly where she was going, having double checked the location three times the previous day, Arielle still found herself checking and double checking the route, at least until Thirteen bumped her in the leg, seeming amused. “Yes, very funny. We probably do need to hurry a bit.”

Unlike most places employers wanted to meet, Professors Maple’s lab stood out, both for its coloring, and for being clearly labeled. Just for a moment, she stopped, considering the situation at hand with a note of wry bemusement. She’d traveled most of the world in a rather short time, so starting a ‘new’ journey did bother Arielle as much as others, but some degree of nostalgia and curiosity wormed its way into her chest as she stepped into the lab. Several others had already arrived, clustered in a loose group with their Pokémon already out.

“What do you think?” Arielle murmured, reaching down to the scratch the top of her Absol’s head as she moved farther into the lab.

Adrian Knox
Beep
Beep
Beep

The alarm clock sounded out throughout the bedroom. Suddenly, a groan sounded out from a nearby bed and a pale hand reached out from the purple covers and turned it off. Then, the sound of snoring filled the room once again, whoever was in the bed obviously fell asleep. Suddenly, a Serperior slithered into the room and looked around, obviously looking around for something. Her eyes eventually rested on the sleeping from still in the bed. The Serperior let out a sound of annoyance and slithered towards the bed. Once she got close enough, she used her teeth to remove the blanket and outer sheet, revealing a man in his mid 20s with brown hair, green eyes, and a goatee. The Serperior then proceeded to nuzzle the sleeping man, occasionally letting out a "Ser". The man let out a annoyed grunt and got up, a drowsy look on his face. His looked immediately changed into a cheerful grin when he saw the Serperior. He then said to her while rubbing her head," Good morning Dianna. How is my favorite Pokemon this morning?' Dianna closed her eyes in contentment and nuzzled the man's hand. The man then turned his head to the alarm clock then said in a horrified voice," Holy smokes! I am gonna be late for the beginning of the experiment." As the man rused to the bathroom to make preparations for the day, he though to himself," Good job Adrian, I am going to be late, and it is entirely my fault."

20 minutes later, Adrian rushed out of the bathroom wearing a gray suit and black shoes. As he ran, he hastily grabbed his glasses and put them on, not caring that they were crooked. As he ran, he grabbed his bag, which contained the balls that contained his other Pokemon and yelled," Come on Dianna, we are gonna be late!" As the man and his devoted Pokemon rushed out of the house, he noticed that the paper boy had delivered his newspaper he looked down and suddenly stopped and grinned on the headline, which read- Masked Vigilante Foils Pokemon Thieves .
Adrian picked up the newspaper and put in his bag while thinking," I'll read it later. Besides, i was there in person, i already know what happened anyways. As he ran to his destination, he though about his adventure last night as the masked vigilante described in the newspaper. You see, for the past month, he had been going out at night as a masked hero dubbed The Grand Avenger and fighting crime throughout Aeros City, a hobby he enjoyed almost as much as Pokemon dueling. Of course, he never came alone. He always brought one of his 4 Pokemon along with him during these late night romps in the city. Out of the 4, the two he brought the most were his Meowth and his Riolu, who were no doubt his most eager "sidekicks" as his alter-ego called them. Dianna also went occasionally, using her menacing glare to her advantage. The only Pokemon in his collection he never brought out for crime fighting was Susana, his Pyroar, due to the damage she could possibly cause.

Recently however, he had heard of a experiment that involved studying relationships between Pokemon and their trainers, which got Adrian's attention. This project interested him for two reasons. 1, he wanted to prove those anti-Pokemon bastards he kept on hearing from wrong. Seocondly, he wanted the opportunity to have the Grand Avenger travel across the regions fighting the crime and villainy that affected them and this seemed to be his great opportunity to do so. So, as he skidded to a stop in front of the Pokemon Lab, he patted down his suit and rearranged his glasses before entering. After greeting the assistant, he walked into the lobby, his Serperior in tow, He ten bowed a dramatic bow towards Dr. Mapel and said to her," Hello Dr., my name is Adrian Knox, and i wish to volunteer for your experiment."

936841bdb99b7a2a0ebed8efc2e7c3a0-d4qeg0k.png
Xavier Winstfield + Professor Maple
Aero City

Watching everyone arrive Professor Maple was pleased watching all of the trainers arrive, some of them were familiar faces and others she didn't recognize. This was already a larger turnout compared to the previous years. She shook a few hands of the trainers, and out of the few she recognized was Christopher O'dwell, Xavier Winstfield and Ziegfried. Now seeing that mostly everyone had arrived Professor Maple cleared her throat, getting everyone's attention, "Hello everyone and welcome to Aero City's Pokemon Laboratory. I am Professor Maple, lead Professor here and I want to thank you all for coming" she announced, surveying the room at all of the faces. "I see some of you are experienced trainers, and some of you are newcomers, but now I ask all of you to help me in a research of these creatures called Pokemon. I want to ask all of you to aid us in our research to unlock the boundaries between Trainers and their Pokemon," She continued, hoping her little speech was persuading them all. "Now for all of you who are interested can follow me to this table," she said while motioning with her hand to follow her. Just a couple of steps away to a table lined with smartphone looking devices of different colors, picking one up Professor Maple looked back at the group, "These will be your new Pokedex's they're our newest model here in Ashon and they also function as a map, phone, and even a radio," She said continuing to show of the devices functions, "With this you'll be able to keep in contact with trainers and us here at the lab. Now that I've explained almost everything you are free to take your Pokedex and leave. I'll be here to answer any questions."

Meanwhile Xavier wasn't really paying much attention to Professor Maple, right now he was too busy gawking at all of the Pokemon, Garchomp, Meganium, Golisopod, Noivern, and Absol along with a few others. So these were the experienced trainers huh? Looking at each one of them most of the trainers looked older than Xavier other than the girl with the Garchomp. It was a little intimidating to Xavier, he could feel the difference in experience just by looking at them. The young teen wondered if he could ever be like them... Shaking the thoughts out of his head Xavier looked at the table and after Maple's instructions he quickly raced over to get his Pokedex. Stepping away from the table he turned the device on and got it set up, going through the apps, "Whoah! This things awsome!" he said excitingly, looking over his shoulder at Togepi which was also looking at the Pokedex with excitement. Slipping the Pokedex into his pocket Xavier looked at the other trainers, "Maybe some of them want to travel together..." he mumbled while feeling a pang of anxiety. More experienced trainers wouldn't want some newbie in their group...

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof I Iamkingdomhearts1000 Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Malkav Malkav explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Webs Elk Webs Elk Killerclown Killerclown Soulmuse Soulmuse Theo713 Theo713 Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight

maohi_pokedex_by_gregandrade-d9hqctk.png

"If i may interject, Professor Maple, to all you trainers here, this will be a good way to get out into the world and see what's really in front of your eyes, take a look at all your surroundings and there you will find markers of this Pokemon world's history, the history in which has long since founded this world long before even our predecessors' time, it is truly...beautiful."

said Ziegfried to everyone, sharing his opinion on the world's foundations and asking everyone on their respective journeys to be aware of those foundations for some reason...

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Malkav Malkav explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Webs Elk Webs Elk Killerclown Killerclown Soulmuse Soulmuse Theo713 Theo713 Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight Captain Spooks Captain Spooks

Christopher quickly made his way over to the table after their instructions were given. He quickly grabbed a Pokedex and moved off to the side, looking through it curiously. It was definitely more updated than his old one and as he looked through the new settings he smirked. Pulling out his old Pokedex that he had for the past few years and flipped it over, pulling out the memory chip and inserting it into the new one. Watching closely as the Pokedex updated itself with all the information that was held in his old one.

"Nice" He smirked as the Pokedex finished updating and began looking through all the settings and apps once again, making sure that everything was in place. His Golisopod was looking over his shoulder, watching the screen of the Pokedex. "Look whisper, I can input and manage specific information about you now instead of just your species in general." Christopher held up his Pokedex for whisper to see more and the Golisopod let out a loud grumble of joy. "I can do it for you too Racket." Christopher looked back to show his Noivern, but instead, found that the large bat pokemon was missing from his side.

"Racket?" Christopher muttered the pokemon's name in confusion as he turned and looked around the lab for his companion, only to find him over sniffing the Serperior who was with her trainer. The Serperior looked to not notice the Noivern just yet. "Racket!" Christoper called as he quickly made his way over to his pokemon's side and pulled him away some, which is a difficult task for a pokemon his size. "Don't be rude!" Noivern let out a loud annoyed cry as he was held back and Christopher quickly looked up at the trainer. "Sorry about that, I've been trying to work on Racket's manners, but he just doesn't like to listen sometimes." As soon as Christopher was done speaking Noivern got free and flew up into the air, attaching himself to the ceiling of the lab. "Hey! Get down here Mister!" Christopher called, but huffed knowing that Racket wasn't coming down anytime soon now. "Just because I can't reach you doesn't mean you get out of being in trouble!" Christopher sighed and looked back at the owner of the Serperior "Again, I'm really sorry about that." Christopher extended his hand. "I'm Christopher and that was Racket." He pointed up to his Noivern before bringing his attention to the Golisopod behind him. "And this is Whisper"
Tags
Killerclown Killerclown

Leanna Ivy Lin O'Dwell
Leanna quickly followed everyone as she grabbed a Pokedex and walked off to the side to not be in anyone's way. She stared at it some, looking through the gadget's settings and apps before smiling and putting it away. "You all ready?" She asked looking at each of her pokemon, who each one responded with their own unique sounding call.

As she was about to head out she looked over and saw one of the boys from earlier, with the cutest little Togepi. She watched both the pokemon and her trainer for a moment before chuckled watching how excited and energetic the couple were. "How cute." She spoke softly as she slowly walked up to them. She gave a kind smile and waved. "You have the cutest little Togepi," Leanna spoke happily as her gaze went back and forth from the Togepi and the boy. "I'm Leanna." She extended her hand to the boy, hoping she wasn't making him anxious by suddenly introducing herself.

Gaku
tsundere_len_kagamine_x_reader_____noticed__by_heichou_minjikarkar-d85br1u.png

Interacting
@None - Open for Interaction
Mentioned
Captain Spooks Captain Spooks - Professor Maple
Gaku was rushing. Whilst traveling to Ashon, his group had run across an Swadloon. One that Bavard (the Chatot) and Odoru (the Ludicolo) decided to try and befriend. Of course, the Swadloon felt threatened by two pokemon rushing towards it and put them both to sleep using grass whistle, before running away. Of course, this not only put them off track timewise, it also worried the heck out of Gaku. Although he knew they were just sleeping, he didn't know how long they would be asleep.

Hoping they'd wake up soon, Gaku, Kauhele (the Mimikyu), Uta (the Altaria), and Mele (the Primarina) made their way to the Pokemon Lab. Once they arrived, Gaku saw that it was already full of Pokemon and Other People. As soon as they arrived, Professor Maple began talking, We must have been the last group ...

Gakku sat down in a nearby chair, with Kauhele sitting on his shoulder, Uta standing next to him, and Mele lazily floating on one of her balloons, listening to the professor. As he sat, he couldn't help but feel curious, though he didn't let it show, an apathetic stare being the only thing to signal that he was actually listening.

Unlocking the boundaries ... What would that even entail...

As Gaku thought about what he was supposed to do, the professor began showing the group new versions of the Pokedex. Intrigued, Gaku followed behind, Kauhele moving with him. Truth betold, Gaku always tried to get the newest devices whenever he could, but this looked even more hi-tech than the one he had. Gaku watched as a blue haired male ran to the table and grabbed one first, He's quite energetic...

After the boy stepped away, Gaku grabbed an orange Pokedex off of the table and stepped away to let others get to the table. Setting it up, he smiled as the Pokedex registered not only himself, but also the Pokemon he had. Scrolling through the apps, Gaku began to visibly smile, as he saw all the things you could do. However, he cleared his throat and let his face relax, going back to an expressionless look.

Looking towards Kauhele, Gaku grinned as an idea formed. He went to the camera app and held the pokedex up, taking a selfie of himself and Kauhele. Afterwards he sent the picture to his sister, who always encouraged him to document his journey whenever he could. After taking the picture, Mele perked up and immediately bounded over to Gaku, wanting a picture as well. Gaku continued to smile as he got another picture with Mele and then taking one with Uta, who was a bit less than thrilled, but still happy nonetheless. Hoping to get one with his other two pokemon, Gaku released them both from their Pokeballs. Unfortunately they were still sleeping, Odoru snoring loudly, with Bavard mimicking him. Shaking his head, he pulled them back into their balls, "Hopefully, they'll wake up soon"

• NOTHING
    NOTHING
    NOTHING
    Bavard
    NOTHING
    NOTHING
    Species: Chatot
    Personality: Bavard is very optimistic and energetic and can be considered extremely hyper and extremely friendly.
    Background: Gaku's mother's first pokemon, given to her by her mother when she first left her homeregion of Kalos as a little girl to Kimser. It was also the second pokemon Gaku received from his father.
    Seiko Files on Gaku
    NOTHING

Last edited:
Christopher quickly made his way over to the table after their instructions were given. He quickly grabbed a Pokedex and moved off to the side, looking through it curiously. It was definitely more updated than his old one and as he looked through the new settings he smirked. Pulling out his old Pokedex that he had for the past few years and flipped it over, pulling out the memory chip and inserting it into the new one. Watching closely as the Pokedex updated itself with all the information that was held in his old one.

"Nice" He smirked as the Pokedex finished updating and began looking through all the settings and apps once again, making sure that everything was in place. His Golisopod was looking over his shoulder, watching the screen of the Pokedex. "Look whisper, I can input and manage specific information about you now instead of just your species in general." Christopher held up his Pokedex for whisper to see more and the Golisopod let out a loud grumble of joy. "I can do it for you too Racket." Christopher looked back to show his Noivern, but instead, found that the large bat pokemon was missing from his side.

"Racket?" Christopher muttered the pokemon's name in confusion as he turned and looked around the lab for his companion, only to find him over sniffing the Serperior who was with her trainer. The Serperior looked to not notice the Noivern just yet. "Racket!" Christoper called as he quickly made his way over to his pokemon's side and pulled him away some, which is a difficult task for a pokemon his size. "Don't be rude!" Noivern let out a loud annoyed cry as he was held back and Christopher quickly looked up at the trainer. "Sorry about that, I've been trying to work on Racket's manners, but he just doesn't like to listen sometimes." As soon as Christopher was done speaking Noivern got free and flew up into the air, attaching himself to the ceiling of the lab. "Hey! Get down here Mister!" Christopher called, but huffed knowing that Racket wasn't coming down anytime soon now. "Just because I can't reach you doesn't mean you get out of being in trouble!" Christopher sighed and looked back at the owner of the Serperior "Again, I'm really sorry about that." Christopher extended his hand. "I'm Christopher and that was Racket." He pointed up to his Noivern before bringing his attention to the Golisopod behind him. "And this is Whisper"
Tags
Killerclown Killerclown

Leanna Ivy Lin O'Dwell
Leanna quickly followed everyone as she grabbed a Pokedex and walked off to the side to not be in anyone's way. She stared at it some, looking through the gadget's settings and apps before smiling and putting it away. "You all ready?" She asked looking at each of her pokemon, who each one responded with their own unique sounding call.

As she was about to head out she looked over and saw one of the boys from earlier, with the cutest little Togepi. She watched both the pokemon and her trainer for a moment before chuckled watching how excited and energetic the couple were. "How cute." She spoke softly as she slowly walked up to them. She gave a kind smile and waved. "You have the cutest little Togepi," Leanna spoke happily as her gaze went back and forth from the Togepi and the boy. "I'm Leanna." She extended her hand to the boy, hoping she wasn't making him anxious by suddenly introducing herself.
Adrian, after hearing Professor Maple's speech, went up and grabbed his Pokedex. He had never really had one before so this was a big deal for him. As he looked at his new device, he absentmindedly pointed it at Dianna, who was looking at the strange new device with curiosity. Suddenly, a bunch of words appeared on the screen, describing Dianna and her moves and abilities. Adrian grinned and said to himself," Well, this will be extremely useful." As he looked through the Pokedex, he was completely oblivious to the Noivern sniffing Dianna until he heard his owner yell at him. He jerked his head around in surprise and saw the trainer right in front of him. Dianna immediately slithered in front of Adrian protectively and eyed Christopher suspiciously. Adrian then proceeded to stroke Dianna's head while saying," It's alright Di, he's fine." He then said to Christopher," Sorry about Dianna, she is extremely protective. Sometimes i think she is supposed to be the older sister i never had." He then chuckled at his own joke while shaking Christopher's hand. He then said to him," The name's Adrian Knox."

So many people came rushing in after her.

Oh, how she really hated big groups. Made her feel antsy and that was when the snark came out. And she really did not need that in this situation.

While the others walked around and talked amongst each other, Cross leaned against a wall with a notebook, writing down every detail of the area around her. Dimensions of the room, what was in the room, the Pokemon the people had. Just semi-detailed records of the environment, up until Professor Maple spoke to everyone, at which point she snapped the book closed and looked over to the table.

Walking over, Cross quickly grabbed up a Green Pokédex- Green was her favorite color after all- and started to mess with it a little. Modern technology was amazing. Certainly a step up from the PokeGear that she had in one of the ten pockets in her pants.
...Ughhh, these new fancy-smancy Pokédexes made her feel old...

“... I guess I don’t even need my PokeGear anymore, huh?” Cross said to Luna, whom had stuck her head over her trainer’s shoulder and was looking at the screen as well. The Meganium even went as far as to poke at the screen with one of her vines. Apparently, after poking a button on the side, the Pokédex scanned Luna’s face, registering Meganium to the Pokédex. Evidence being that it suddenly showed a whole ton of advanced information about her in general.
“... wellll, thats convenient. Well, I guess we’re off then.” With her nose still buried in the dex, Cross turned and began to walk towards the door outside, when she suddenly found herself face-first in a wall of hard white exoskeleton. When she looked up, she came face to face with the clipping mandibles and beady black eyes of a...
“AaAAABUBUBBUG!” She squealed, taking a rapid step back and flailing her arms around in a less than dignified manner before finding both her feet on the floor again and freezing still, eyes wide and unblinking as she stared at the Golisopod.
Luna meanwhile looked at her trainer making a fool of herself and giggled, glancing up at the Golisopod and tilting her head to the side with an embarrassed smile, as if telling the poor, probably confused Bug-Type, “don’t mind her”.

“....ohhhh, I didn’t see you there! You... You little... scamp!” She said, nervously laughing in the face of terror as she glanced around the room, then at the guy whom she assumed was the Golisopod’s trainer, still with a nervous grin plastered to her face. She then muttered, “Sorry about that!” Before grabbing Luna by the petals and rushing out of the lab.

Once outside, she found a bench not too far from the lab and sat down, joined by her Grass-Type partner, who sat next to the bench. While flipping through the features on her new Pokédex (and waiting for her heartbeat to slow down) she came across a “data transfer” function, which let her move all her phone numbers and things to the new dex. So, while she say back, she pulled out the PokeGear, a couple wires between the two devices and the data transfer began. Even had some of her pictures moving over.

Killerclown Killerclown Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

936841bdb99b7a2a0ebed8efc2e7c3a0-d4qeg0k.png
Xavier Winstfield
Aero City

Quickly pulling himself out of his own web of thoughts Xavier looked over at the girl, she had just told him he had the cutest little togepi, "Oh uh thanks," he said awkwardly, caught off guard by her question. She then extended her hand and introduced herself as Leanna and Xavier then shook her hand, loosening up a little. "Xavier," he said before looking at her Garchomp, "and that's a pretty sick Garchomp!" He said enthusiastically with his eyes on the hulking Dragon type Pokemon. Looking over at her other Pokemon Xavier noticed that they were much smaller, er or not evolved to be exact (other than the Flaffy). "You must be a pretty skilled trainer to have a Pokemon like that... oh yeah that reminds me," He continued before pulling two Pokeballs from his belt, "I guess I should get these two out." Out of the capsules came a munchlax (Which was asleep), and a cheerful little budew. The budew hopped around excitingly while looking at it's environment, "Bu bu dew!" It called out to Xavier and he chuckled in response, seemingly understanding what the little plant was saying. Budew was always a little dense, always cheerful and happy no matter what was going on. "Sorry about that, just thought these guys wanted some fresh air," He said to Leanna, directing his attention back to her.

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

The girl with the Torchic seemed to be distracted as the rest of the scuffle went on, so Taylor turned her attention.

Taylor listened to the professor give her speech. It was a good introduction for the fresh faces to the world of Pokemon. Maybe in another life Green woukd be just like Maple, but she had to save the world first.

The interesting part was the Pokedex. The newest model was always exciting, so Taylor, too, was naturally curious.

"I'm a trainer, too," Taylor said. Being one of the few without her Pokemon out, she could see how she'd be overlooked, especially being a bit older than the rest.

After Taylor graciously accepted the latest model, she tossed out a Pokeball.

"Come on out, Pythia!" she declared as the orb released the slender shape of her Dragonair. The Dragonair let out an excited cry before lovingly embracing her trainer. The Dragonair wrapped it's body halfway around it's trainer while another man made a speech about the beauty of the history of the world and Pokemon. Something about him seemed off and possibly malevelont. Green took a note to remember what he looked like.

Taylor moved over to the blue-hqired boy and the girl.

"Sorry for interrupting, but with all of the Pokemon coming out, I felt wanted to yalk to some kindred spirits. Those are some cute Pokemon you have there," she said, looking at the Bedew and Munchlax. "Do they have names?"

She also turned to the girl, "and that is a handsome Garchomp as well!"

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Captain Spooks Captain Spooks

Last edited:
Carter Jocelyn Roc CJ Slater, murderer and brand new Pokemon owner, currently looking at a small amphibious creature. The Professor had offered her-er-him, the Pokemon when she'd found out he had none. It was a necessity if he was going to help her in her quest to blah blah blah Pokemon are our friends blah. What was important was that she was now on her way to becoming a full fledged trainer and in a region far away from her original home. She'd taken a Pokedex and deftly avoided trying to talk to any of the others. Unlike most of the trainers who'd come already experienced, all of this was very new to CJ and she wanted learn it at her own pace on her own time. She'd left the Pokemon Lab while they were all busy getting to know one another and their Pokemon.

She eyed the Froakie, her new 'dex had cheerfully informed her of the creature's identity. Her own curiosity was matched by the Pokemon's as it followed her every movement with a flick of its wide, bulbous eyes or a cautious tilt of its head. She slowly reached out to touch it and received a solid smack on her hand from its impossibly long tongue. She looked at the mark that was already starting to turn red. While she rubbed her hurt hand with the other she looked around. It had been a good idea to move out into an open field in order to meet the new Pokemon. Without nearby people causing distractions, or laughing, she'd be able to get a hang of controlling the monster. Or so she hoped.

The Froakie looked at her, still only moving ever so slightly to keep her in sight as she moved around. It's tongue lashed out to lick its eyeball and then flashed back into its mouth. It croaked out a noise and eyed her again. "That was probably my fault." She said slowly. Cautiously she reached into her bag for some of the food that the professor had been kind enough to give her to start them out on their journey. She thought back to her face, thinking that maybe she'd seen suspicion behind those kind eyes and wide smile. It didn't matter in the end whether she'd believed her story or not. She'd relinquished the Pokeball filled with this curious looking Froakie and that was all CJ had needed.

She held out a piece of the food and gasped with surprise as the pink appendage lashed out again to take it from her almost before she could see it move. "You're faster than you look." The creature seemed to dip its head ever so slightly before quickly returning its gaze onto her, or it seemed now, to her bag. "Oh. You must be really hungry. That'd explain the lashing. I hope." She brought out a handful of more food and in mere seconds it was gone. The Froakie croaked again. "More?" Another nod. She paused, it was definitely nodding.

"You can understand me?"

It nodded.

She waited a few seconds while she took the time to consider this. Eventually she decided that she would test to see if it really did understand her, or if the nodding was actually random. She took out a handful of food and put out both of her closed fists towards the Froakie. "If you pick the hand with no food in it, you can have all the food in the other hand." Since one of her hands was nearly dropping the food she'd had in it, she'd figured any creature could guess which one had the food. But if it understood her...

The Froakie looked at her, then at her hands. Slowly, as if with careful consideration, the creature reached out a webbed hand and touched her empty one before springing back. She grinned and opened the full one so it could eat. Again it had finished the food in seconds. This time it looked satisfied. She opened one hand and left it out for him-she had decided it was a him and couldn't explain why-and held out his pokeball in the other. "You want to ride on me or do you want to ride in the ball?"

It sprung up and landed on her shoulder before she could even react. "You know what? You're so fast, I'm gonna call you Blitz." Blitz croaked in what seemed to her to be an agreeable way. "This should be a good partnership."

Last edited:
Arielle Atken

Everything quieted down as the Professor gave her speech, Arielle focusing intently. She knew most of the information already, but getting a new Pokedex caught her off guard. The extra features were nice, although she felt a sudden thrill of concern. Giving people that easy a means to find her, even now worried Arielle far more than it had a right too. Thirteen bumped her leg again, and she absently scratched the top of his head, taking a few seconds to consider some of the other trainers the Professor gathered. A collection of obviously experienced and equally obviously inexperienced Trainers, most of with their Pokémon already out and mingling. A few took their Pokedex left, in various states of rush. A few others already occupied the Professor’s attention.

Retrieving her own Pokedex, Arielle slipped out the door in the chaos. In the streets, Arielle wandered somewhat aimlessly, doing some care to assess the features of the new Pokedex. “What do you think Thirteen?” The Absol growled deep in his throat. “Can’t be worse than going back home, at least.” He didn’t reply to that, not that it surprised her. Thirteen, as close as she could tell, disagreed completely with her continuous avoidance of going back to Hoenn. “I probably should have had a plan for this, shouldn’t I?” Thirteen thumped her in the leg again. “I’m aware.” He bumped her in the leg, jerking his head in a direction. “I’m listening.”

For the next few minutes, the Absol led her on a bit of a convoluted path, head occasionally swaying back and forth, as though trying to locate something. “Last time we did this; I seem to recall it ended badly.” Thirteen stopped mid-stride to give his trainer a glare, before pounding on ahead, towards what Arielle recalled to be a nearby field. “Typical.” A smile tugged at her lips, before fading as she caught sight of a person in said clearing. Thirteen stopped at the edge of the field, head turned back to regard his Trainer with a smug satisfaction. Stopping to scratch his head, she watched the person, and their Pokémon, a Froakie, interact for a few seconds. Not unlike herself, the trainer didn’t exactly stand out, glad in blacks or greys. Something about them seemed familiar. They were probably one of the ones who left the Professor’s lab in a hurry, Arielle decided, slipping her hands into her pockets. “What’s so interesting about them?” Thirteen smirked, before leading the way into the clearing, as the Trainer and Froakie seemed to come to some kind of accord, the Froakie jumping up onto their shoulder.

Arielle sighed softly, unamused by her Pokémon’s antics. Steeling herself, she took a few quick steps to keep pace with her Pokémon before calling out.

“You seem to be getting the hangof the whole Trainer thing.” Not the best introduction, she decided, but Thirteen wasn’t about to let her leave without talking to this person, for whatever reason.

Midnightclub Midnightclub

Leanna Ivy Lin O'Dwell
Leanna smiled widely and looked back at Garchomp, reaching back and rubbing under his chin, which in returned by pressing his head into her hand. After a short moment, she looked back at Xavier. "Thanks, he belonged to my father." With those words, her smile seemed to diminish some, but she quickly cheered back up. "His names Gibby." She slowly brought her attention to the phantump by her legs. "The little one hiding is Terror, though he's anything but." She giggled as the phantump quickly hid even further behind her legs, obviously nervous. She then brought her attention to the salandit on her shoulder who was watching Xavier with upset eyes. "And this little troublemaker is Scandal." The salandit let out a little hiss and scurried from Leanna's one shoulder to the other before forcing her way down into Leanna's bag. "She can be quite the handful."

When Xavier brought out his pokemon Leanna instantly grabbed her own pokeballs and did the same. "And here is the rest my team, Snowcone my spheal, Buttercup my aron, and Flutter my Flaafy." She watched as each one came out of their pokeballs, each making a little noise to hearing their name. "Like Gibby, Flutter and Snowcone were given to me by my family. Though, one by my mother and the other from my brother."

Leanna smiled at the budew's happy demeanor but seemed a bit concerned by his munchlax's lack of activity. It definitely wasn't uncommon for a munchlax to sleep often, but she felt concerned non-the-less. "I see your munchlax seems to be having trouble staying awake? Is it because of a recent pokemon battle?" She questioned calmly as she reached down in her bag, being careful to not bother her salandit, who was still hiding. "Here, I know it's not much, but this should help." With those words, Leanna pulled an awakening from her bag and held it out for Xavier to take.

(edit: Sorry Malkav Malkav )
Leanna then turned her attention to a girl who came up speaking of her Garchomp. By now Gibby was full of ego and was holding his head high and proud as he let out a soft growl of enjoyment. "Thanks, I do my best to take care of him." Leanna smiled and again reached back, scratching Gibby's chin as he lowered his head and pressed it against her hand.
Tags
Captain Spooks Captain Spooks Malkav Malkav

"It's very nice to meet you Adrian," Christopher smiled as he shook the man's hand. He opened his mouth as if he was gonna say something else when he heard a squeal from behind him. "Wha..?" He quickly turned both curious and concerned to see the girl waving her arms around with Whisper looking at her, also looking confused.

Whisper backed up some, almost as if he was startled by the girl's sudden noise and actions. The Golisopod took a small step back, giving the girl room as he watched her closely, only taking his gaze off her to look over at her own Pokemon. He let out a soft rough noise as if asking the girl if she was okay before listening to her ramble and speak before quickly making her get away.

"Well... that was, strange..." Christopher patted Whisper on his back before speaking up again "Well... it could have been wor-" Before Christopher finished Golisopod faded, going back into its Pokeball that was held on Christopher's belt.

For a moment Christopher was silent, letting his hand fall back down to his side. "You're such a scaredy cat Whisper..." Christopher's voice trailed off as he sighed and turned back to Adrian. "Well, that was... interesting?" He gently scratched the back of his head as he smiled trying to relieve some of the awkwardness around them.

Last edited:
CJ Slater, murderer on the lam and beast master extraordinaire-as if- currently surprised and suspicious of a newcomer, yelling at her-him over the field. He turned to eye the stranger before responding. From this angle it was clearer to see the androgynous figure as a male, which was pretty much the point. He pet the Froakie on his shoulder between the eyes absentmindedly, unknowingly soothing the creature who reacted to the scent of the larger Pokemon. "Um. Can I-Can I help you?" His voice seemed to squeak just a little before settling into a deeper octave.

Continuing to approach, Arielle considered the young man in front of her. Definitely a rookie trainer, although to his credit, the kid didn’t freak out at the sight of an Absol. “Apologies for surprising you. This guy,” She gestured to Thirteen, the Absol preening a bit under the attention, “dragged me over. You’re getting the hang of the whole Trainer bit a lot faster than most do. Thought I’d stop and say hello.” More like shut up her Absol, but she wouldn’t say that aloud.

CJ looked around. They were in the middle of a field, alone. He hadn't thought anyone would follow him but he could think of a few reasons why she might have. He eyed the large shaggy creature that walked next to her. That blade looked sharp, and he knew blades. Blitz made a low rumbling sound as they approached, the Growl was a warning with no substance. The creature could sense his owner's fear and they both knew a fight would only get them hurt, or worse. "Look, I'm not exactly ready for a Pokemon battle...And I don't really have any money anyways."

This time, Arielle laughed. She’d never even considered her approach might be considered that way. “I’m not interested in a battle. Would be unfair to both you, and your Froakie. Not, I think, that they wouldn’t try if you asked.” Crossing her arms, she smirked a bit. “That, and Thirteen here isn’t much for battles.” It wasn’t hard to tell something unnerved both the young man, and his Pokémon, although she didn’t have enough information to say why. The tidbit about lacking money struck her as interesting, and she filed it away.

"Oh." Well, that put him at a loss. He'd been under the assumption she was a bandit there to take his poke. He didn't think anyone from his father's business could have found him, he really hoped. So, if she wasn't here to rob him then what was she here for anyways? Now he was more confused than anything else. Instead of asking why, however, he asked something that had just occurred to him instead. "Wait, you named your Pokemon Thirteen?" He frowned. "Why a number?"

“A bit of black of humor. Absol are believed to be unlucky, because of their power to sense disasters, and thirteen is sometimes considered an unlucky number.” With a shrug, she managed a lopsided grin. “Made sense when I was a kid. Now, I couldn’t get him to answer to anything else even if I wanted to.” It didn’t seem appropriate to tell him the whole truth. Eyes flickering to the Froakie again, a question of her own arose “What brings you out to a field on your first day as a trainer? Most would be halfway out of the city ready to challenge the world.” Not that she didn't approve of the moderate approach.

He nodded. So this was an Absol. He'd heard of the creatures, bringers of destruction or something. In his opinion, any creature that is routinely used in battle is a bringer of destruction. He ran a hand over the back of his head, feeling his hair that was somewhat long for a boy but not too long. "I've never been much of a believer in superstition. But I can see the appeal." He shrugged in answer to her question, seeing no real reason not to tell the truth, at least on this point. "Like I said, I'm not ready. I don't really know much about Pokemon. They're a big part of the world but my part never really touched that until recently. I want to train with Blitz here. And I want to study battle tactics before I even think about looking for battles."

Adopting a more serious expression, Arielle nodded. For once, a kid who wasn’t an idiot. She wasn’t sure what to make of the remark about his part of the world not touching Pokémon, but she’d known enough people who dealt with Pokémon without owning them to curb her desire to ask. “Not a bad idea. Save you some humiliation later down the road.” She glanced down at Thirteen. The Absol clearly brought her here for a reason, and while she didn’t know what the disaster Pokémon might be thinking, at the very least, putting in some effort to be nice might be worthwhile. Even if she’d probably regret it later. “If you like, I can help out. I’ve got at least one Pokémon I want to train up myself because asking them to battle. Help you figure your tactics out in no risk spars, instead of out in actual battles?”

"Ah-Uh." He looked at Blitz who had been watching their talk with interest. Blitz croaked at CJ before jumping off his shoulder. How was he supposed to tell her he didn't even know any Pokemon moves? He sighed, but the amphibian looked like it wanted to train. "Yeah...Yeah sure." He pulled out his dex, hoping to find info on what a Froakie could do. "Do we sync up 'dexes and fight league style, one turn at a time? Or just anything goes?"

"One at a time's easiest for a beginner, I think." Arielle pulled one of her pokeballs off her belt. "No need to make it anything official if it's all for practice." Probably best to just put the kid at ease, since he seemed somewhat askance. "I'll go at your pace, let you figure things out."

"Right." His pace was on an obstacle course where he could gauge his Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses without someone else watching. But he held his tongue. Best not to antagonize someone who was actually willing to help him out. He eyed the Pokedex entry for Froakie, looking at the moves that the device said his Pokemon should have. He wondered how the creature would even know what he wanted if he just randomly called out a single word move. "I choose Blitz here. Who will you pick?"

Arielle tossed out her Pokeball, releasing her Pokémon. "Archen." The ancient bird flapped it's wings circling once before settling onto the dirt in front of her. "Whenever you're ready." While she would have preferred to open a battle attacking, beating up the newbie wasn't nice, and her ego could take a probable loss, given the type disadvantage, and Archen's lack of training.

Soulmuse Soulmuse

When Shinx realized he wasn't going to get any attention from the girl with the bird he would move to follow after the girl his trainer had been talking with, hoping to get some attention from her. Meanwhile, Zeke would approach the table with the new pokedexes and pick up one of the black and red ones. While turning the device over in his hand, Zeke would make the comment “Welcome to my lab. Get your free shit and get out. That about it Professor?” to Professor Maple, turning the new dex over again. At least he knew whether or not they were boys or girls. Or rather, he hoped the professor did. As he flipped through the dex's various apps, his Shinx would follow Taylor until she released her Dragonair, running away from the sudden emergence of the much larger Pokemon. In his rush, the Shinx would run in to another, even larger dragon Pokemon in the form of a Garchomp, whose sight alone would scare the Shinx off. The more he looked around, the more he finally began to realize how much smaller he was compared to the majority of the rest of the other Pokemon in the vicinity.

As he did, Zeke would approach the group of trainers while still going through his new pokedex, his Shinx running behind his trainer to hide, only peeking his head out to look at the other Pokemon. When he heard more Pokemon being released, Shinx would look to see if they were as big as the others here, only to find that they were even smaller than him. That was the ticket! With a new found second wind Shinx would run to those that were smaller than him in hopes of playing, Zeke eyeing the Shinx for a second. Mmhmm. Couldn't handle the big boys yet eh? The Shinx would head ultimately for the Flaffy, recognizing it as a fellow electric type. In true electric Pokemon fashion the Shinx would greet the Flaffy with a blue colored zap of electricity. “Jeez...how many apps does this thing have? It just keeps going.” The computers at his school weren't allowed any unnecessary applications, so seeing this many different things on one screen was something Zeke wasn't expecting.

Which, speaking of going, that's what it was time to do. He would look up from the Pokedex, his attention falling on Taylor. “See ya 'round Johto. Maybe next time we can have a battle, for old times sake.” Of course the outcome was already pretty obvious, but that didn't mean it still wouldn't be fun. As for everyone else. “And maybe I'll see th rest of you th next town over. Or maybe on th road somewhere. Gimmie a shout out if you do. We'll....talk...or somethin. I dunno. C'mon Shinx. There's progress to be made.” Zeke knew he had a long way to go before he was at the level of the majority of the people in the room. It was kind of like being a freshman back in Pokemon Tech all over again. He surpassed everyone back then, and he'll do it again now. “See ya 'round, Maple.” He would offer a wave to the professor with the hand still holding his dex, then turn to head out. Zeke would stop at the Lab's entrance however, turning his head to look over his shoulder. “Shinx!” he called again, this time his electric companion turning to look at his trainer. With a head motion from Zeke the Shinx would yip before trailing after Zeke.

Malkav Malkav , Open

Users who are viewing this thread

Back