• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Poke`mon Redwood: A Collaborative Adventure

1517542212902.png

Rosie, deep in sleep, was not exactly having a good night herself. Through all the shouting didn't exactly wake her up... It did spurn nightmares within her.

In her nightmares, Rosie only saw silhouettes... and though she could not make out the words, she definitely could tell from the volume that there was shouting and screaming.

The silhouettes were moving frantically and almost violently, almost too fast for Rosie to follow with only her eyes.

"N-no... Stop... Please... Don't fight..." the small, sleepy brunette begged in her sleep.

singl dmn.png

Damian reeled back from the blow falling on his back, as he was still sitting down. Damian smiled warmly, despite just having been punched it the face, and looked at Slugger.

"Well you've certainly got the punch down, we'll work on the thunder part as we go along"

Damian pulled out his Pokégear and fired up the Pokédex function.

"You're a male, gonna be quite a hit with the ladies, you have a Bold nature, you're level 1, as expected, and you know Quick Attack, and Leer"

Damian was reluctant to put Slugger back in his Pokéball, but really didn't want to haul his 52 pound ass all the way across town.

"Alright buddy in you go, I'll let you out later"

With that Damian put Slugger back in his Pokéball and turned to Moonlight.

"That was my egg hatching," Damian explained, "he's an Elekid, an Electric Type"

Damian placed Slugger in the first slot of his ball belt, which was located on the strap of his bag, and he stood from his sitting place on the ground.

"Well we should probably head back and eat, C'mon Moonlight"

Damian was smiling as he gestured in front of himself, waiting for her to lead the way.

Last edited:
I sighed and stood up walking back to Rosie's house with Mr.Damian following me. Chad walking next to me looking at me worriedly. When we get back we go to the kitchen and ate. The food was good a little cold but good.I quietly eat my food. I look up at Mr.Damian. He looks tired and happy. I'm happy for him. when i finish my food i stood up and put my dishes in the sink washing them then putting them in her draining rack.

"I'm going to finish cleaning up the bathroom Mr. Damian..You should go to sleep on the couch and rest your nose. Ill go to sleep after i am done"

I walk to the bathroom and continued where i left off.

After I am done here ill leave.. I made Mr. Damian sad earlier...I yelled bad things about Rosie who had a bad day like me.. I am a bad person they will be happier when I leave. when I see them again ill be different.

I fished the bathroom and shut the door. I crawled out the window and pulled the map up on my poke gear. According to the map there was a shortcut that could cut the time it took to get to Tarton in half. I slowly made my way to the professors lab to go out threw the daycare center . I am going to the next city to find my brother.I look back at Rosie's house one last time wishing them both well on there trip.

"wont you be lonely or scared on your trip alone moony? I I mean its going to be scary"

"I'll be fine you worry wort. I have you. I'll be safe. Now lets go and find Luther"

I smile and hiked up my shoulder bag and went forward into the night.

I am coming big brother
1518397663249.png

Last edited:
singl dmn.png

Damian wolfed his food down in record time.

"Gulpin ain't got shit on me!" he declared triumphantly.

He then left the table where he was sitting and moved to the couch. He decided to lay across it, as this is probably where he'd sleep tonight, and quickly found himself dozing off once again.

He heard Moonlight say something to him, but he couldn't really make it out, so he did the only logical thing and mumbled incoherent nonsense in response, quickly drifting into a deep sleep.

Darkness. In a second nothing could be seen, then just as quick there were eyes. Menacing. Hungry. The air was cold, damp. Hissing could be heard from all around, yet nowhere at all. The air became colder and smelled like sulfur. The eyes smiled, how long had they done so? It was as if someone had carved a set of jagged teeth into the darkness when no one was looking, yet how could they? The eyes were everywhere. Closer now, louder now, the hissing continued, drilling itself deeper, deeper, and deeper still. The air was frost now, biting and tearing as the smell became the air. Breathing was strained now, numbness overtaking. A jagged smile emits a shrill laugh. Breathing stopped, panic overtaking, movement impossible, escape impossible, survival impossible. The jagged smile stops laughing. Eyes still menacing, still hungry, never satisfied.

Damian bolted upright, gasping in terror. Cold sweat, rapid heart rate, yep. They're back...

"God fucking fuck.." Damian groaned, calming himself and looking around. It was morning. He sat there on the couch for a moment and contemplated. On the one hand he was hungry, on the other hand it wasn't his house...

He also didn't want to wake the girls, so he ironically swallowed his hunger and waited for them to awaken naturally, resisting the urge to let lil' baby Slugger out, as he would definitely make some trouble.

Last edited:
As I got to the lab I went inside, moving quietly toward where I remembered the daycare was. It was Quiet it here and creepy.

"I hope poltergeist don't come out he scares the bejesus out of us."

"Oh i hope he does come out hes so cool."

Chad crosses his arms and looks away from me pouting.

"If hes SO cool maybe you should hang out with him and have him be your best friend."

I give him a weird look and laugh stopping.

"That makes no sense chad. Your my best friend I just think hes cool looking... Chad are you jealous?"

Chad waved his arms around frantically then put his hand on my shoulders looking at me.

"WHAT NO I AM NOT JEALOUS OF THAT.... THAT PURPLE BLOB GHOST WANNABE... I am just cooler than he is."

I laugh at pat his head lovingly.

"Okay okay your the best okay chad now lets go"

We continued walking and got to the daycare center.

I figured it was probably closed, because it was so late, so instead of knocking on the door and asking to go through the building, I thought I'd hop the fence.

I landed quietly, and as i did, tall grass in the daycare center began to ruffle.

"Groaaan..."
"Wh-w-what was that?" Chad asked, scared.

I looked toward the glowing and saw a big silhouette walk toward us having six eyes. There were four purple eyes, and two greenish yellowish eyes.
1517696192581.png
"Wow, what kind of poke`mon is that? Is it poltergeist again I wonder? Looks a little fat to be poltergeist though... and I guess he's too tall..."

"No moonlight I'm not a poke`mon, what are you doing sneaking into the daycare field? It can be dangerous out here you know."
1517696362761.png

"Well, It can be dangerous out there on the trail too professor, but that's where I'm heading!"

Redwood looked confused for a moment.

"You're trying to take a shortcut?" he asked plainly.

"Mmhmm!" I said nodding and smiling.

"Where are the others?" he asked, looking around concerned.

"Sleeping." I answered quickly.

The professor looked at me kind of suspiciously.

"What?" I asked.

"You sure you can do this on your own?" he asked seriously, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I sure can try, I have two poke`mon now, I battled it in the bathroom and broke everything. Nobody even helped or anything, but look!" I pulled out joltik's poke`ball and opened it up, showing him to the professor.

"He's still a little weak from the battle, you should really take them to the poke`mon centers when they get like that. Tell you what, I'll heal them up for you and let you through the daycare, but no more sneaking around the lab or the daycare anymore. We got a deal?" he offers his hand to me for a handshake.

"NEVAR! Hehe just kidding." I shake his hand, and he takes my pokeballs into the building. He then shows me how to put them in the PC, and has me put them in the PC one at a time.

"I learned this little trick half way through my very first adventure, remember it good because sometimes there aren't poke`mon centers around. The PC system won't let you deposit all of your poke`mon, but it does heal any pokemonyou deposit, so if you deposit your joltik like so... and then take him back out and put in dopey like so... then you're fully healed. As I said, most of the time you won't find a PC system outside of a poke`mon center, but there are some exceptions."

He gave me my poke`mon back and and took me into the daycare building, getting into a closet and pulling out a light blue sweater, and handing it to me.

"In case you don't want to wear blood to your first town." he said.

I take off my hoodie and roll it up, putting it in my backpack, then I put the new sweater on.

"Thank you professor." I go out the door waving goodbye to him and take off running down the trail, avoiding any tall grass or trainers I see.

1518397685897.png

Moonlight Trying to avoid battles

Last edited:
Tobias found it hard to look around in the grass when it was this dark, but he needed to get another poke`mon. His egg still hadn't hatched and the last one he caught did very poorly in his last battle. Then again he was pretty sure they cheated. He stood up for a moment and rubbed his chin again, still sore from earlier. When he saw moonlight skipping down the road on her own. Were were the others? He figured they must have decided to go it alone after all. Their eyes met as she was about to pass him, and moonlight could just barely make out a shiner on his right eye.
Tobi With Hat 3 times as big.png

Last edited:
1517780032072.png

Rosie woke up to her phone ringing like crazy, jolting and shaking, almost forgetting about last night...

She looked at the number, and while it seemed familiar she couldn't quite make out who it belonged to, it being just a bunch of numbers and all. Something told her to answer it however, and she obediently did so.

"Hello...?" She answered, still a bit groggy from sleep.

"Hello, yes, this is a repair man. We received your message last night and were getting back to you...?"

Ah. Now she remembered.

"A-ah! Y-yes! This is me-- Er, I mean, this is she! I was wondering how soon you guys could come fix my bathroom and how much it might cost?" She meekly asked, clearly embarrassed.

"Did the whole bathroom get totalled? What happened?" They asked inquisitively.

"A-ah... yes... we had to turn off the water... There... was a pokemon battle... in... there..." Rosie again explained, embarrassed.

Her heart sank as a long, exasperated sigh came from the other end of the phone.

"That's the third time this week... What's with trainers and battling in buildings and rooms that aren't prepared for it? Your homes are not gyms!" The clearly irritated repairman continued to sigh, blatantly not thinking too highly of Rosie.

Rosie hung her head, despite knowing they couldn't see her. She was trying to be understanding, for she would also be frustrated if people lacked the common sense not to battle inside their houses...

"I-I'm sorry..." She muttered, really because that was all she could say.

"Well, I'm sorry too: At the very least it will be about $625 to replace whatever needs to be replaced and fix the walls, along with repainting over the spackle. The soonest we can get there is Thursday, we're booked solid until then," They explained, the sound of flipping through pages coming from the other side made Rosie think they were going through their schedule right then and there.

"Thursday?? B-but it's saturday...!" Rosie gasped. and bit her lip.

She couldn't stay here a week doing nothing, she had to get to Tarton, and fast! Her Mother and more clues as to what happened yesterday were waiting for her!

"Yeah, and...?" They asked, clearly not liking her tone.

"...I'll be here thursday waiting with the money..." Rosie gave up, sighing the words into her phone.

"Good. Maybe next time don't pretend your home is a gym," She heard the repairman state before he hung up the phone.

Rosie sighed heavily, shook her head and yawned. She rubbed her eyes, wide awake from the conversation, and decided to change out of her pajamas.

She managed to find a cute, pink, frilly dress, with matching pink mary-janes and a headband with a giant bow. Combing her hair so it didn't look like she had bedhead, she turned to exit her room before she saw a glimpse of herself in the mirror.

An ugly girl trying to be cute.

"Day two...." She sighed, shaking her head and turning away from her reflection, finally exiting her room.

She found Damian on the couch, and smiled as she greeted him.

"Good morning! Are you hungry? I can make us some breakfast!" She cheered, then looked around and asked, "H-hey... Have you seen Moonlight?"

Last edited:
As I walked out of the door I waved bye to the professor as he shut the door. I looked down both paths. It was dark I frowned and shivered.

"ohhh its so dark..i hate the dark..."

"Its OK moony were adults know and I am here so lets do this"

He grabbed my hand and went down the path. I smiled as we walked talking for what felt like hours. I started falling asleep as were walking and ran into a tree falling on my butt. Chad laughed at me and I glared at him standing up rubbing my nose.

"You meany that hurt don't laugh at me."

"I'm sorry sorry it was just funny. We need to camp somewhere so you can sleep or your going to run into a wild Pokemon and we don't want that to happen again"

"yeah your ri--- wait a minute. What do you mean again"

"Oh well you wandered into the tall grass in the other town we lived in and you got attacked by a Sneasel, but a trainer came by and scared it off. You had to go to the hospital. "

I looked at him confused.

"I don't remember that...at all..hmmm...oh well we will talk about it later right now I need sleep. Lets go "

I skip down the path with chad following me and I saw the grass move a little ahead I slowed down. I saw Tobi pop up and we stared at each other for a bit. I could make out a shiner on his right eye. I walked over to him concerned.

"Are you okay Tobi..uh.. what happened to your eye..?"

1518397713325.png

Last edited:
Tobias continued to stare at her a little bit. "Uh... I tripped. On the sidewalk in Cityville and smacked my face on a park bench..." He lied. He didn't want her to know he got his butt kicked, not just in a poke`mon battle, but in person.

Tobias Empty Trainer Card w tobi.png

Last edited:
I blinked and tilted my head looking at him.

"well...you should put something cold on your eye..to make it feel better..well we were looking for a place to uh camp..do you wanna uh join us?"

I looked at him looking for any sign of judgment or any negativity.
1518397731337.png

Last edited:
singl dmn.png

"Mornin' Rosie!" Damian beamed, "Breakfast would be amazing, and I believe Moonlight is sleeping"

Damian held back his urge to blurt out that his egg hatched, and instead decided to play it cool, and see if she'd notice.

Damian got up, walked to the bathroom and opened the door, then seeing that it was clean, or rather as clean as it could be without repairs, closed it and turned back to Rosie.

"Yep, she said she was gonna finish this up and then head to sleep, I managed to convince her to eat first though"

Damian smiled at Rosie as he awaited her response.

Last edited:
Tobi wasn't sure what to say to her, it seemed to him like it would be rude to refuse, but he still needed another poke`mon. Although, it didn't seem to be going too well so far. "Sure I guess. There's a safe enough patch over there I think. I'm looking for poke`mon right now, but I'll definitely be too tired to move on afterward so if you want to wait for me I guess I can camp with you and Chad." He looked at her for a few more moments, noticing how different Moonlight looked in the moonlight, he chuckled to himself and blushed a little, then went back to looking for pokemon.

Last edited:
"OK Tobi"

I go over to a clearing under some trees that would look small enough for us 3 to sleep and put my bag down plopping down in the grass. I hug my knees and watched Tobi look threw the grass for a wild Pokemon. Chad sat next to me sighing out of relief.

"yay we can sit down now my feet hurt."

"mine do to."

I took my shoes off and sat them next to my bag leaning against the tree. I watched Tobi my eyes slowly closing as I drift off to sleep.

1518397760130.png

Last edited:
When Tobias finally finished catching another pokemon he trudged over to the tree and sat down next to moonlight. She was so small, she seemed like she would be cold. Tobi took his vest off and layed it over her body as the best makeshift blanket he could, then he layed on the grass and nodded off.

Last edited:
I wake up with the sun on my face. I stretch and a vest fell off of me. I picked it up all confused looking at it.

"Tobi lllliiikkkesss yoouuu"

I look over at chad.

"well duh i like him too"

"ha-hah no not like that i mean like like you"

I give him a confused look standing up.

"I don't get it Chad"

He gave a frustrated growl and grabbed both my shoulders breathing deeply.

"okay moony.. Tobi. Has. A. Crush on you."

I look at him then it clicked I started laughing.

"omg Tobi don't not have a crush on me. I am weird and sents people cant see you I am talking to myself. no one will like me like that. Anyway lets get Tobi up and go to town."

I lean over him and poke his belly then forehead.

"Tobi time to get up. I am hungry and I have no money. Could you get us food...uh...Ill pay you back..when I get money.?"

1518397778355.png

Last edited:
Tobi woke up to pokes from moonlight and groans a little, taking his jacket and putting it back on. "How did you lose all your money? How many battles did you do yesterday?" he asked confused.
He pulled a couple of granola bars and a ring pop out of his backpack and handed one of the bars to moonlight. he opened the ring and put it on, then started munching on his granola bar as they walked.

Last edited:
I take the Bar and started eating it.

"well...i kinda had a Pokemon battle in rosie bathroom with dopey and i broke stuff so i gave her all my money...and uh your dad gave me this hoodie and these shoes cuz uh my other shirt was bloody and i could not get my shoes from my house cuz..uh dad shot off dopey's tail..then...uh threaten to shot me...and uh..yea im going to ...uh...stop talking..."

I looked down my face red with embarrassment as i tear up a little trying to hide it going quiet.

way to go moonlight.. make a fool of yourself..to your new friend.

Chad patted my back trying to make me fell better.
1518397819864.png

Last edited:
Tobi choked on his bar when she mentioned her father's actions. No wonder she's messed up!
"Oh... well people aren't supposed to take all of your money after a battle... they're only supposed to take 50 dollars... dad gave us all like 1000 dollars, so I'm sorry to hear that happened you can have 300 from me, that's enough for like six pokeballs. I watched like all of my dad's old battle videos so If you want I can teach you how battles and type advantages and stuff work so you can start winning prize money when you're low on cash. Don't worry about food either, I can take care of it."

Tobi hoped skipping over the bit about her dad was a good move. He knew he didn't like talking about his dad when he did stuff that made him upset. He started explaining those things after he handed the money to Moonlight and before they knew it they were at the Tarton Poke`mon center, just as the sun began to set.

Last edited:
1518072618914.png

Rosie smiled back at the new adult friend she made yesterday, and nodded while holding back a giggle at his enthusiasm for morning nourishment. Not that she blamed him, she just thought it was cute.

"O-oh, you did? Well, that's good!"
Rosie sighed in relief, looking around and glad nothing else was broken during her slumber.

Not that she thought Moonlight was some destructive vandal... more like a very accident prone human...

Speaking of, she didn't see Moon around the living room... and she certainly wasn't in her room...

Where was she?

"I'll start breakfast soon as sh-- Wait... She wasn't in my room when I woke up... I assumed she slept in here... You haven't seen her since last night?" Rosie asked, beginning to panic.

She ran into her Mothers room, unsure of if she hoped to find her there or not, but she didn't really have time to answer that as Moonlight was in fact not there!

"Mr. Damian! Mr. Damian! Sh-sh-sh-sh-she's gone!!" Rosie shouted, just about panicking.

Why did she leave?! Did she leave during the night, meaning she slept outside?! Was she alright?!

I look around the city with excitement following Tobi to the Pokemon center.

"so...where are we going to sleep at tonight Tobi?"

I smiled at him and asked him curiously happy that we were at the town.
1518397834493.png

Last edited:
Tobi looked at her confused, he knew she didn't know a lot, but he didn't figure she didn't know anything. "Uh, the pokemon center lets trainers sleep there free, there's no beds or anything but there's couches and those side window things like they have at hospitals... or we can camp if we don't stay in Tarton. I won't be headed for bed for a while though, I gotta try to catch another pokemon or two and train for the gym challenge." He waited to see what Moonlight would say before doing anything further.

Last edited:
"oh okay i can help if you want i caught little nightmare all by my self see."

I pulled out the balls and let them both out. Dopey standing there with his wide eyes missing a tail. Little nightmare sitting on Dopey's head.

"I caught him with him see"
1518397847633.png

Last edited:
"Well I don't really need help catching another pokemon, but we could battle if you want. That would help us both get stronger." Tobi suggested, now that he had two pokemon.

Last edited:
singl dmn.png

Damian sighed as Rosie announced that Moonlight was missing.

"God damn it..." Damian sighed calmly, "what is it with kids sneaking out when I'm not looking?"

Damian pulled an imaginary pen and notepad out of his bag and began to mock-write in it.

"Note to self" he began, "You will be a terrible father"

He pretended to put the pad and pen back as he smiled at the antsy looking Rosie.

"I'm sure she's fine, If you've checked everywhere here I suggest we go ask Redwood if he's seen her, she probably went to stay somewhere else because she felt bad about the bathroom"

Damian then pivoted on his heel to face the front door.

"ONWARD!" Damian exclamed dramatically as he pointed to the door, "TO THE LAND OF SCIENCE!"

Last edited:
1518154674452.png

Rosie smiled sympathetically at Damian, holding back a chuckle as he practically insulted himself for Moonlights disappearance when he obviously shouldn't have.

"I-I wonder if that was really the true reason why she left at such a dangerous time..." The small brunette thought to herself, then as if a light bulb going off in her head, she flashbacked to what she said last night... about Moonlight not destroying anything.

She winced at the thought, not at all meaning that statement to hurt her.

She would have to apologize for being so condescending when they found her, but for now she also had to say something to Mr. Damian as well.

"Y-yes! L-let me grab my pokeball and purse and we can go!" Rosie nodded, dashing to her room to grab her things she needed for her official second day as a trainer.

She followed Damian out the door after grabbing her purse and spare keys, locking the door behind her and placing the key in one of the inside pouches of her pink, frilly purse. In true Rosie paranoid fashion, she also triple checked the door was locked.

"Uhm, Mr. Damian... Pl-please don't be so hard on yourself... This was more my fault than yours..." Rosie began as they started to make their way to Redwoods Lab, her sort of uncharacteristically bold mouth yet again resurfacing from yesterday, and again shooting him a sympathetic look, continued, "Your profession and expertise are pokemon, not people. Especially young people... It was a huge task the Professor placed upon you to watch over us, and to say that you weren't prepared is a massive understatement! But... I'm really happy you took on this challenge anyway, despite your disadvantages. I-I actually think the fact that you accepted this regardless of that w-would a-a-actually m-make you a great f-f-f-father i-i-i-i-in the future..."

Rosie looked away and blushed, growing more bashful with every word of praise she said. Though she meant every word, she was also saying rather strong words to a stranger that she wasn't used to saying at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back