• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Poke`mon Redwood: A Collaborative Adventure

Vorpal Chandelier

• 547243_10150951062302108_1995619469_n.jpg
      Dear Candidate,

Welcome to the world of Poke`mon! My name is Professor Finbar Redwood, and if you're receiving this letter it means you have been selected to attend Redwood's poke`mon Trainer instruction course. Along with this letter of congratulation, you should have received a Trainer Card Application, as well as a legal waiver for your parents to sign. Remember, as big of a part of our world as poke`mon may be, they're still powerful magical creatures and you and your parents must agree to the risks associated with poke`mon rearing. More details will follow in class orientation, so good luck and have a wonderful day!
      Reach for the stars,
      Professor Finbar Redwood

Last edited:
Trainer Name:Moonlight Shadow

Trainer Age:13

Trainer Sex: Female

About:
She is a shy girl like to keep to herself, hates confrontation, talks to her self a lot too.She has an "imaginary friend" Her parents are worried about her so they went to the professor and asked him for a Pokemon for her so she wont be lonely. She has short platinum blonde hair, red eyes, has a scar on the right side of her face that she doesn't know how she got it and her parents never told her. She has an older brother that has been gone for a while he parents tell her hes on a journey but moonlight remember her parents yelling at him to "get out and never come back" and "your not aloud around our daughter anymore" She misses her brother because he was always nice to her and he played the games she wanted to play.

Attributes:
Strength:1
Reflex:4
Fortitude:2
Intelligence:3
Wits:2
Social: -1

Last edited by a moderator:

• Trainer Name: Rosalina Chandra

Trainer Age: 13

Trainer Sex: Female

About: Rosie is pretty (read: cripplingly) shy and reserved, but tries her hardest to be kind to others, though it's easier for her to show kindness when it is returned to her. Overall, she is a joyous and merry girl, who likes to smile quite a bit. She puts others ahead of herself, and puts 110% into everything she does, though she does sometimes fail regardless. Rosie loves quickly, deeply, and fondly, never failing to give her loved ones everything and anything she can. Even new friends she'll still adore. She's actually quite generous, and enjoys making others feel special, though secretly she wishes some would make her feel special as well...

She's also very sensitive and naive (as such, try as she might, she might not always be the most considerate girl in the world, but will always try to amend her mistakes afterwards if confronted), not the most intelligent girl in the world, and a tad oblivious (read: very oblivious) when it comes to how others feel about her, but she'll treat them with kindness no matter the case. She loves to encourage others about anything they're passionate in (with obvious destructive or self-destructive motives being an exception), and supports that passion with all her heart.

She can be a bit immature, whiny, and selfish sometimes, however, and her temper, when it blows is nothing to be trifled with. She has it under wraps, though, as it is not as huge a part of her as her joy is, and it takes a lot to get under her skin. She can, however, get frustrated fairly easily still, though she has a lot of restraint and will refrain from using foul language just as personal standard. She also does have a little bit of a self-loathing issue, stemming from multiple instances in her life, and her sadness is unfortunately as strong as her love and joy, meaning it can spiral into depression very quickly. When she is alone with her thoughts, especially as of late, she hates herself, honestly, illogically due to things beyond her control.

Attributes:
    • Strength -1
    • Reflex - 2
    • Fortitude- 1
    • Intelligence- 4
    • Wits - 3
    • Social - 0

Rosies (8-bit) Theme:

Last edited:
Trainer Name: Damian Winters

Trainer Age: 24

Trainer Sex: Male

About: Having suffered a great misfortune on his first Pokemon journey, Damian Winters decided to give up on being a trainer and instead focus on his education. For 11 years he worked with an unrelenting passion to earn his degrees in Pokemon Science and Healthcare, which he indeed did achieve, but at the cost of a social life and many a nights rest. Now, having burned through the last of his inheritance finishing school, he turns to Pokemon training once more, to gather the funding and research he needs to complete the projects he worked all his life to complete.

Attributes:
Strength: 0
Reflex: 1
Fortitude: 1
Intelligence: 4
Wits: 2
Social: 3

Trainer's Theme:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trainer Name: Marcus Winters

Trainer Age: 30

Trainer Sex: Male

About: After embarking on his Pokemon journey at age 13 he fought his way through 7 of the 8 Kanto gym leaders before his teams untimely demise set him on the path of a wanderer, traveling from region to region only returning home for his parents funeral. After the funeral he passed his half of the inheritance to Damian, and left home to travel once more.

Attributes:
Strength: 2
Reflex: 4
Fortitude: 3
Intelligence: 1
Wits: 1
Social: 0

Trainer's Theme:

Last edited:
I pulled my covers over my head as I woke up to the sound of birds chirping from the window.
"shut up..." I mumble. I had hoped to sleep in since I hadn't slept well during the night. I had just started dozing off again as my door opened, my mom poking her dead into the room. "Get up lazy bones, food is ready." I groaned loudly and threw my pillow at the door after mom shut it. I then sat up and looked around for my shoes, putting them on and going down the stairs to my usual seat in the kitchen. I saw my friend sitting on the counter, who's name was Chad.
"You should not be sitting there, moms going to get mad at you."
He rolled his eyes in response "they're not going to care." "Yes they will, they got mad at Luther." He shrugged as my parents walked in.
Dad kissed my head and stated "Hey Sweetie." "Hi dad." I replied.
They sat down and we started eating. I saw something out of the corner of my eye, and looked over to see Chad making a funny face. I choked on my food laughing.
"You okay Moonlight?"
I wiped my mouth and nodded. "Yea Chad just made a face." I saw my parents look at each other. "What?" I asked
"Nothing Moon... Oh, you got a letter!"
She said, pulling out an envelope.
I looked at mom with a smile on my face "Is it from Luther?."
My dad, with an angry look answered "No."
Mom put a hand on his shoulder and gave him a look. "No, it's from the poke` school. It means you can get a Pokemon."
I looked down at my hands and she handed it to me.
I looked at it then stood up mumbling. "...going for a walk..."
I walked outside with chad following me." "Why so down?"
"I hate when Dad gets mad at Luther... he did nothing wrong."
He patted me on the back in a comforting manner. "It's okay Moony, lets go to the lake."
I smiled at him as we went to the lake. When we arrived I lied down with a sigh, looking at the letter. Its white with my name written on it all fancy like. I make a noise "You going to go?. i look over at him then the sky. I lay there watching the clouds thinking."I don't know"
Me and chad hung out for a bit at the lake before going home.
Six days later chad and I are in my room. He sat on a ledge by the window and I was laying on the floor, reading one of my brothers books that I had hidden from Mom and Dad. The book is about a great adventure with his Pokemon saving people and finding treasure.
<The Pokemon trainer looked around nervously, quietly walking in the dark with only a torch hes friends are out of commission. It was dark and he heard water dripping from somewhere.he was getting tired walking for hours, he then saw light and he went for it ignoring his surrounding and he hears scrapping from above him he looks up..>

"MOONY!"
Chad yelled to me as he landed on my stomach.
I screamed out and threw my book a crossed the room. "What?!"
He smiles and me with a shit eating grin "Hi." i glare at him and go to hit him when mom knocked on my door.
"Honey you okay." Mom asked as she peeked in.
"Yeah I... uh... stubbed my toe." I replied.
"OK get to bed soon." I heard her walk away, so I punched chad in the head.
"W.T.F.!? I was getting to the good part!" he laughed and rolls off me.

"Yea I know... So you going? It will be fuuuunnnnn."
I roll my eyes. "No."
"But why?"

"Because I don't want to."
I say, getting up to get my book from where I had thrown it.
He got in front of me as if blocking me. "Nope tell me why."
"...people... I don't like them." I respond. He pats my head.
"I know, but just think ...you'd get a sweet Pokemon that's all yours. You could get a legendary."
I look at him with a new thought. hmm it would be cool to have one...and i don't need to talk to others... "OK fine." I decided. We both smiled as he gave me a hug.
The next day I stood standing in front of the building. Chad put his hand on my shoulders and I took in a breath, nodding as I open up the doors as I think to myself. Getting my Pokemon... I am kinda excited.

Damian awoke with a start as his alarm's shrill shriek filled the room.

"Damn" he muttered, "Fell asleep again..."

He wasn't accustomed to sleep getting the better of him, as his nightmares gave him a good incentive to fight that most accursed natural function. He looked at his research notes before him, smirking slightly as he gathered the sheets of paper that were completely, or mostly, devoid of drool, leaving the others to dry out while he gathered the rest of his things.

He looked around the place, spotting his hoodie and bag where he had left them, as well as his charging harness and battery pack. They were an idea he had a week ago when Professor Redwood had slipped him that letter during their work in the daycare. Where was that letter? Damian looked back to the table he was using last night, only to see the letter wasn't in either the dry, nor the wet notes. Moving to scratch his head in confusion, Damian noticed an obstruction preventing him from doing so. As he peeled the drool-soaked paper from his cheek he immediately knew what it was, as it was just his luck that it end up there. It was the letter, drool soaked and informative as it had ever been.

"How did I not notice that?" he asked himself as he looked at the letter once again.

"Dear Candidate" Damian began,

"Welcome to the world of Pokemon! My name is Professor Finbar Redwood, and if you're receiving this letter it means you have been selected to attend Redwood's Pokemon Trainer instruction course. Along with this letter of congratulation, you should have received a Trainer Card Application, as well as a legal waiver for your parents to sign"

Damian paused for a moment, a slight sorrowful frown coming over his face.

"Remember, as big of a part of our world as Pokemon may be, they're still powerful magical creatures and you and your parents must agree to the risks associated with Pokemon rearing"

Damian's frown was replaced by a smirk, "Oh, NOW you tell me" he chuckled.

"More details will follow in class orientation, so good luck and have a wonderful day! Reach for the stars, Professor Finbar Redwood"

Damian chuckled as he set the note down, and finally went to scratch that itch on his head.

"Well Fin," he sighed, "Better not keep you waiting"

He shuddered at the thought of angering the Professor, and invoking the wrath of a million adorable Joltik. As he untangled his fingers from his messy hair, he noticed that his goggles were missing.

"Shit" he said, "Did I leave them at the lab?"

Damian searched the house before sighing in defeat, "Oh well, I'll swing by in my way to the place"

He put on his socks and shoes, then his harness and battery pack then to top it all off he threw his signature hoodie on over it, white as the peak of Mt. Silver, or like lab coats, whichever he wants it to be at the time. He then walked out the front door, snatching his bag on the way by. He took two steps out the door when he realized his notes were still on the table, pulled a 180 heel turn, gathered them in his research binder, put the binder in his bag and walked right back out the door. Damian walked through town, laughing to himself about his dumb mistake, and arrived at the stadium. People, mostly kids, were pouring in from all directions, he took a deep breath and sighed, marveling at the building for what seemed like the millionth time.

There were a multitude of feelings surging through his mind. Excitement, nervousness, hunger,

"I really should have eaten before I left" he muttered.

But the main thing he felt was a sizable pit of doubt. After all, this didn't exactly work out well the last time...

It was a bright and beautiful day at Huesville. The sun was shining with nary a cloud in the sky, the Pidgey's and other bird Pokemon were singing... and a postman had just delivered a letter to a certain little girl with high aspirations to be a Pokemon trainer.

A middle-aged woman was exiting her home to grab the mail, going through the envelopes non-chalantly, mostly expecting it to be bills.

It wasn't all bills, however... One letter was for her daughter...

"ROOOOOOOOOOOOSSSIEE!"
called the woman to her young, brown-haired daughter.

It was the mother of one Rosalina Chandra.

"Hm? Yeah, what's up, Mom?" came a tiny 13-year-old girl, running out of her room as her mother called.

"Here. I think this one is for you," Rosa smirked as she handed her daughter the letter.

"OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, IS IT--" Rosie began, practically ripping open the letter, "OH MY GOSH IT IS! IT IS! YES! YES! YES! YES!"

Rosie was over the moon!

She couldn't believe she had gotten that letter and was going to be a REAL Pokemon trainer!

It was a beautiful card, inviting her to a seminar to receive her first Pokemon a week from today.

The small little trainer wondered what she would get: A Charmander? An Oshawatt? A Turtwig?
Hmmm, no, maybe she should stick to fire-starters.

In her excitement, however, she didn't notice her mother was also noting who it was from... nor did she notice the frown on her face as she read who was the sender.

"Hm. So you were accepted, huh?" Rosa questioned, not really trying to hide her disdain.

"Yeah! Can I go, mom?! Can I?! Can I please?!" Rosie begged, nearly kneeling.

"Mmmm... Why don't you go next year?" Rosa asked, trying to get Rosie NOT to go in a way obvious to anyone BUT her daughter.

"What?! WHY?! No, of course I'm going THIS year! I don't want to wait a whole 'nother year! Who would?!" Rosie protested, half laughing and thinking it was a joke, not seeing why her mother wanted her to wait logically.

"Or. Or. And hear me out on this," Rosa began, "You could WAIT... until... next year."

"Wait... You're being serious?! But... But mom... why...?" Rosie whined.

"I just think there are other... better qualified... Professors. Besides, which professor do you know has SO MANY trainers going to get their pokemon from them...?" Rosa tried to convince the young trainer-to-be.

"Most Professors only give out three at a time..." Rosie pointed out disappointed.

"...You're not going, and that's final," Rosa put her foot down, sternly.

"But moooooooooom...." Rosie protested, not believing this was actually a conversation they were having, adding, "Please.. I know you don't want me to leave the nest, but I'll be okay... I promise..."

That wasn't actually Rosa's concern. She loved her daughter very much, and knew her... What was the issue is who she would be seeing.

Rosie was confused that her mother didn't seem excited at her acceptance, after all.

Had she done something wrong?

Or.... maybe her mother was afraid because of what happened with her father? Unless there was another reason?

"Mom... Why don't you want me to be a Pokemon trainer?" She asked, looking worried and a little hurt.

Her mother looked shocked.

"No sweetie, of course that isn't it...! It's just... I think there are people better qualified to give you your licence and I'd rather wait until I can take time off to take you to one of them is all," Rosa tried to back-pedal in her explanation.

Rosie hung her head in grim "acceptance", clearly holding back tears.

"We'll talk about this later," Rose finally managed to utter, not looking her daughter directly for fear of seeing her "baby-doll eyes".

"That really means we may never talk about it..." Rosie sighed, defeated.

Rosie still didn't understand, but nodded in acceptance and walked into her room and flopped on her bed...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Through the week, Rosie and her mother continued their daily lives, but each passing day Rosie became a bit more stubborn and a bit less subtle in her desires...

"Oh wow! Look, Mom! This is such a cute outfit! Perfect for a trainer...! Too bad I'd have to wait a whole 'nother year to wear it..."

"Oh, what a cute backpack! I guess I won't be needing one for a whole 'nother year, though..."

"I guess I can't look for my father for a whole 'nother year now since I'm not going to--"

"Enough!"
Rosa finally shouted at her daughter, having just about had it with Rosie's foolishness.

Luckily, Ro was well-behaved for the most part, and didn't make a scene in public, but the guilt trips were more than enough.

Rosa put her hands on her hips and impatiently tapped her foot while staring down her daughter.

"IF I let you go... Will you stop this?" She finally asked her daughter after about 5 minutes of that.

"Mmmmhhhmmm!" Rosie chirped back at her mother, smiling.

"Alright, you can go... long as I can come with you," Rosa declared, clearly stating the catch.

"Awwww, mom... I'm 13-years-old, I'm not a child anymore... I'm a teenager!" Rosalina whined, thinking it was going to make her super unpopular at the seminar if she showed up with her mother.

Most trainers started off their journeys ALONE at 13 years old. EVEN the seminar.

"Either I go, or both of us don't go," Rosa raised a brow and added dryly.

"I-I mean, I don't mind if you come with me!" Rosie gasped.

"That's better," Her mother chirped in satisfaction.

Rosie beamed at her Mother and dashed to her room to get ready for the trip. The excitement was almost more than Rosie could bear! This was it! This was finally it! She was going to be a real trainer!

Last edited:
The crowd of eager applicants murmured in anticipation as they awaited the start of the orientation. Music began to play as the chatter started to die down, introducing that the orientation was about to begin. A rather plump man in his late twenties, or perhaps early thirties, walked onto the platform and approached a microphone stand. His brown hair, parted center, bounced briefly as he removed his glasses and cleaned them, clarifying the audience’s appearance. He reached his hand into the pocket of his long white lab coat and adjusted his tie, clearing his throat and raising his hand to indicate to the crowd that he wished to speak. His signal seemed to have gotten across clearly as the crowd died down to whispers, and then silence.

“Welcome to the world of poke`mon!” The man exclaimed excitedly as the music changed to a more upbeat style. The crowd roared in response until he indicated once again that it is his turn to speak.

“I can see in all of your faces that you’re excited to begin your poke`mon journey, and trust me, I’m excited to be the one who gets to unite those of you who pass with your first partner, and help you take your first steps on a journey of wonder and friendship. However, let us not forget that poke`mon can have great power, and therefore are a great responsibility, and that you must learn a lot about the poke`mon world in order to earn your trainer card.

First, let’s begin with general poke`mon law. Now, I know what some of you are thinking, but look around you. That’s right, there are plenty of hopefuls well above the age of thirteen who are returning to the seminar because they have had their trainer’s license revoked or, for some of them, have not met the requirements to become a poke`mon trainer.

Of course, in pointing that out I mean no offense. We all learn at different speeds and we all have our own weaknesses and strengths, much like poke`mon themselves. You may be wonderful at teaching your poke`mon to behave, but you may forget some basic laws regarding various details from forgetting not to use your raichu to weaken wild poke`mon in the safari zones of Kanto to surfing your lapras without a permit at Harrison beach.

So, let’s get started with a basic lecture on poke`mon general law. This will cover the basics on what you can and cannot legally do regarding poke`mon. Most, if not all of you should be familiar with our first rule regarding battles. Just like anywhere else in the world, assaulting or attacking anyone can be a serious crime. Your opponent must agree to a poke`mon battle in order for you to legally have a match. During these battles, you would think it would go without saying that you may not physically participate in the match yourself by attempting to fight the trainer or his or her poke`mon. You’d be surprised how many overzealous black belts have had their trainer’s license revoked for doing just that.

In addition, it is considered “assault with a deadly weapon” in all cases to attack a human with your poke`mon. Let’s face it, we don’t have the same defenses they do and even a low level rattata could kill someone if the attack was severe enough.

Now of course there are justified exceptions in defense or in the case of law enforcement, so let’s not get too crazy with all of this. In fact, let’s move on to transportation and Hidden Machine law. Riding a poke`mon, weather just by sitting on your mudsdale’s back or using the before mentioned lapras to cross water, requires a permit that you must legally obtain showing that you’re responsible enough to ride them without endangering yourself or others. Any transportation requiring a Hidden Machine, or “HM” simply requires the appropriate gym badge and a 500 dollar permit application fee to show that you can control your poke`mon well enough to be safe. On the other hand riding a poke`mon over land is slightly less difficult. You simply need to pay the permit fee and ride your desired poke`mon through an obstacle course and you’re home free! For any of you interested in these permits you can apply and test for them at the local police station of any major city.

Now for some other rules. We all know killing poke`mon is just as illegal as killing a person due to the fact that they in many cases are considered more sentient than a simple animal. A pidgey or spearow for instance can process thoughts and emotions much more complex than a normal bird. In addition, alakazam, a psychic poke`mon, is as smart as a super computer and can understand the human language perfectly. There have even been cases of human beings becoming poke`mon themselves under rare circumstances. Nobody knows truly what forces are behind such phenomena, but we know it’s a part of the natural way of our poke`mon world.

It is because of this, that food supply companies and rancher require special permits and visits from the FDA to ensure that their products are fit to eat. Now, I know what many of you are thinking. ‘Professor Redwood, isn’t that information we should be learning in pursuit of a desire to work in the food industry and not something we need to worry about as new trainers?’ and you would make a good point.

However, it is important to know that if you are out exploring or travelling with your poke`mon, this means you may not hunt for food. It is illegal to hunt poke`mon and since normal animals are either too rare to depend on, or easily mistaken for certain types of poke`mon, that means you may only forage for plant life or rely on food purchased from towns.

Of course as I stated there are exceptions. Many types of poke`mon have the ability to provide food through certain poke`mon moves, and these of course are something you may take full advantage of. You still of course, would require FDA approval and the necessary licenses or permits to sell food your poke`mon produces, so if you have a desire to work in the moomoo milk industry for example, you’ll want to make your way to the appropriate facilities after obtaining your trainer license.

Last, we all know that poke`mon trainer’s main source of income being on the road is winning money from poke`mon battles. Upon obtaining your trainer’s liscence you will each be given 100 dollars to fund the beginning of your adventure. For some of you this money may have been provided by your parents, but for others of you your application will decide how much the Academy will allowed to pay you to bring you to this amount.

This being said, the winner of a poke`mon battle is entitled to 50 dollars from the loser as prize money. If the losing party has no money or if they do not have enough money, they will pay what they have left to the winner. Remember, poke`mon centers are free people, and your poke`mon gain experience battling wild poke`mon as well as from rare candy if you can obtain them, so don`t worry too much about losing money. In addition to this, as stated prior, it is your choice to participate. So be a good sport and show your respect to a trainer who can out battle you by following this rule. Of course if the winner would like they can always decline the prize money if they don’t need it or if they know it’ll put the loser into financial trouble.

Now, for a lecture on how things work. All of you should be familiar with the concept of a poke`ball, and some of you may even be familiar with transportation technology and PC software to manage poke`mon. Some of you may even have wondered how these things work. Unlike with transportation of certain items, the poke`mon are not in fact broken up and 3D printed on the return side. In fact various types of “teleportation” and “interdimensional” technology are involved in Transference systems and poke`balls themselves. You may, as a poke`mon trainer, only have a maximum of six poke`mon with you at all times. When you purchase or receive poke`balls, they are programmed to your trainer ID and instantly pair with your PC system so that they can be automatically transferred to a care facility. Before you leave today, those of you who receive your trainer ID will make a free account on “Bill’s PC systems” using your trainer ID number to ensure this process will work for you. If you ever find an empty poke`ball of any type, remember to take it in to a poke`mon center or poke`mart as soon as possible to sync it with your trainer account. Otherwise any poke`mon you capture in that ball will belong to the trainer ID associated with the poke`ball. Unassociated poke`balls will automatically fail to capture a poke`mon, and as you may or may not know, when a poke`ball fails to capture a poke`mon it breaks beyond repair.

Speaking of catching poke`mon, we all know that wild poke`mon are almost always free to capture. However there are some rules on when you cannot capture a poke`mon. It is illegal to attempt to capture a poke`mon owned by another trainer. Most modern poke`balls automatically break as they are programmed to read the trainer id of the poke`mon inside when a capture is attempted. However, older poke`ball models do not have this programming, and Snag Machines such as those used by criminal organization Team Snagem can remove this programming from any type of poke`ball, including masterballs.

If you ever run into a situation where your poke`mon has been captured, be sure to find the nearest police officer and report the situation in detail immediately. Other situations that would prevent you from capturing poke`mon typically involve poke`mon reserves, poke`mon zoos, or private property. Please respect these laws and practices as your license can be revoked otherwise.

If I’m not mistaken, that covers all information required in orientation!”

The professor raised his hands excitedly as the crowd cheered again, but he indicated shortly after that he once again needed to speak.

“That being said, a written exam will follow this test and those of you that pass will be given your own poke`mon and necessary gear! This gear will be explained to you on a one on one basis so that you can grasp the purpose of it as individuals. In addition, as an added incentive to do your very best I’ve been approved to initiate the top scoring testers myself, as well as allow them to participate in their very first poke`mon battle on this very stage! Good luck future trainers!”

The crowd roared a final time as the professor waved and danced his way off the stage, somehow blinking yellow flashes in various places as he did (not unlike a christmas tree). His assistants moving from their assigned standing positions into the storage area, bringing out one desk for each person seated in the audience, and arranging the seating area appropriately for the test.

The test lasted a grueling forty minutes of time. Time that every participant spent in suspense as they nervously filled out the answers to their questions, hoping that they would be one of the lucky attendees chosen not only to pass and receive their trainer cards, but for the honor of getting top scores on the test to further their reputation.

After the forty minutes passed, Professor Redwood himself came out himself to collect the tests, personally thanking each and every attendee as he did so.

“Rosa? I thought you had your license already. Don’t you need that to run a poke`mon school?” he said with a smile as he passed by what seemed to him as an unnecessarily chaperoned student.

He could tell she was about to respond, so he walked away quite quickly before she could. “What a rude little man.” Rosa muttered to herself.

He also gave a sly nod to Damian as he collected his.

As the audience waited in flight frustration for him to reach the stage and examine the tests, they noticed tiny yellow hairballs hopping and crawling around on the floor and some of the desks, and noticed that there were some on the professor as well. In fact, the ones around the auditorium seemed to be coming from the professor somehow.

“Well, I’ve looked all of these over and most of you did very well. There are a few of you that will indeed will not be able to receive your license today, and I’m sorry to say so, but you will be given the opportunity to try again.” At that he handed the stack of paper back to his staff so that they could pass back the tests, except a few that he kept himself.

“The following testers may step onto the stage as I call your names, as you will be given your license and poke`mon by me personally. First, Moonlight Shadow. Second, Tobias Redwood. Third, Damian Winters. Fourth, Elmer Hawthorn. Fifth, Emily Scranton. Finally, Rosalina Chandra.”

Once the six trainers selected came to the stage, everyone else was instructed to funnel into designated areas of the lab to receive their first poke`mon.

“Right this way everyone.” He said as he led the highest scored applicants off the stage and into a hall.

The hall led to several rooms, one of which, the one they entered first, seemed to be a small office.

“Hey Maggie. These are this year’s top testers. Everyone, line up in front of Maggie’s desk single file please and select the background for your trainer card.”

Moonlight%20Trainer%20Card%20Blank.png
Damian%20Trainer%20Card%202.png
Rosies%20Trainer%20Card%20real.png

With that each trainer was awarded their very own trainer card, but before the Professor could say his next words, Rosie’s mother spoke. “There sweetie, you have your license, now how would you like me to help you get your first poke`mon instead? It’ll be fun.” She shot a sly look at Redwood that was difficult not to notice, which made things tense for the new trainers.

“Actually Rosa there are a few things still that must be done before the trainer card can be fully active. I have to scan their cards into the data base and assign them a trainer Id, give them a Poke`gear, Instruct them on the functionality of said poke`gear, and.... well besides giving them the poke`mon I guess that's really it. Is there a reason perhaps that you’re so eager to leave?”

Rosa looked a quite irritated about being confronted in front of her own daughter. “Well sweetie,” she said, ignoring Redwood’s Question. “Once he scans you in you’ll be a full-fledged adult, and it’ll be entirely up to you. What do you say? Should I clear my afternoon?”

Last edited:

Rosie could hardly breathe and was dying of excitement when they arrived. Everything was just as she pictured it!

Well... almost everything... She didn't picture her mother being with her...and... as suspected... She was the only one chaperoned... Rosie immediately felt embarrassed...

She loved her mother. She did. With all her heart.

Sometimes, however.... Sometimes... She was very over-protective.

When the professor began lecturing Rosie was as attentive as possible, though the distraction of being in "humiliation nation" at being the only aspiring trainer with a parent present did not make that an easy task.

Rosie flipped out when she learned she would have to take a test... She felt like she should have read the invitation more carefully for a heads up...

The test seemed like it would take forever, but luckily Rosa had taught her daughter well, and most of it seemed like common sense for an aspiring trainer to know (She knew for sure, however, there were was a question or two she completely had no idea about) though mostly it was a fairly simple test based on the lecture.

In embarassment from how not confident she was in her knowledge and impending (horrible) results, she sort of covered her face as she handed in her test, though there was no hiding the red-glow from it.

She sort of froze as she heard the Professors odd comment to her Mother...

What was that about?

The Professor sure wasn't as kind as Rosie had hoped.

With some pretty big baby-doll eyes, Rosie kinda stared from her mother, then the professor, then back again.

She didn't want to disrespect her mother... but she also didn't want to make a BAD first impression on the Professor, either.

"Uhm... W-w-well," Rosie began hesitantly, not expecting such a big decision to be thrust upon her so suddenly, "I-I'll...uhm... I-I'll..."

Aw, screw it.

"I'll be ok, Mom! Thanks! I'll let the professor scan my card and meet up with you after I get my first pokemon!"

She turned to the professor and beamed at him... Which was for the best, as Rosa was giving him a glare as nasty as Rosie's smile was sweet.

Last edited:
I was excited as I entered the auditorium, but when i saw all the people I froze at the door.There was so many people, it was really loud. There were kids and adults talking and there was music blaring. I gulped and started to back away but Chad, being behind me, stopped me from moving.
I heard Chad trying to calm me down as my breathing got worse. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the wall out of the way and grabbed my face to make me look at him, his yellow eyes with worry.
"Hey Moony your going to be OK, just breath, i am here OK?"
I nodded and breathed in and out, I calmed down when the professor came out on stage and started talking about the program and wonders.
He then mentioned a test, so i frowned and mumbled "I hate test..."
Chad patted my head. "You'll be fine, your the smartest person i know."
We sat at the tables once they were provided and I worked on my test with Chad standing next to me, telling me answers as I smacked him for doing so.
When I finished I slowly walked up to one of the aids and gave her my paper, looking at the ground as i did. I then quickly went back to my seat and realized most of the other testers were still testing.
I heard my name get called after a bit and when I heard other peoples names not get called they all groaned and left.
I stood up and went up front and stood with the others but a bit behind. I was breathing slowly in and out looking at the ceiling, calming myself down. When it was my turn I walked up and looked at the card backgrounds.There were so many colors and designs Hmmmm... which one is perfect...? I thought to myself. While looking at them I saw the perfect one, which had a star on it.
I picked up my printed card and smiled. Chad looked over my shoulder and nodded
"Found the one?"
I looked up at him and smiled more. "Yea.. my brother used to call me Shinxie... and the star looks like a Shinx tail."
I moved to a corner by the wall and waited to see my Pokemon.
Brother, just wait till i see you... I wonder what you will say.

Last edited:
Damian Trainer Card 2.png

Well here it was. Damian looked over his new trainer card with some mixed feelings. On one hand he passed, not that it was a surprise him being fresh off of earning his Minor in Pokemon Care with Redwood himself, but on the OTHER hand he felt kinda bad being called up on stage as one of the top 6. He was 24 years old, he would have rather had one of the other kids get the spotlight. Now he just felt like a dick.

He snapped back to reality hearing Rosa speak up,

“There sweetie, you have your license, now how would you like me to help you get your first Pokemon instead? It’ll be fun.”

She gave Redwood the usual bitch face, to which he responded by explaining to her the rest of the process, which to Damian, seemed like a tongue-in-cheek way of saying "Stay in your lane" but he might be a bit biased. Damian pulled every string he had within the scientific community to help Redwood be able to distribute Pokemon to the new trainers, and all the while Rosa was working against them just because she couldn't handle being second banana, or as Damian liked to call them: "Tropius Beard-Hairs". Now here she stands talking about clearing her schedule, as the ONLY TRAINER SCHOOL TEACHER IN TOWN, just to flip Redwood the ol' Pidgey. A smirk crept onto Damian's face once more as her daughter shot her down right off her high horse.

"Good call kid" Damian thought, "She'd probably get you a Bidoof anyway"

Professor Redwood held back a smile at the girl’s answer. “Right then, it’ll be this way now.” He escorted them to another room where there was a large-ish machine. “This is where we register your trainer ID to your trainer card. One at a time, just place your cards in this slot. Damien, do you mind fetching the- oh sorry I forget you’re one of them this time.” As he walked over to get the poke`gears he was unaware he got yet another disapproving look from Rosa.

“Alright, this portion is a phone, you can view your contacts as well as your number here… this button is video chat, press it again for voice only. This here takes a picture from this camera and this button causes the camera to face you, using the same camera that captures video for calls… and this is your map. There is also a radio here, and you can change the radio channel there. This button turns on visuals for the news feed. Other than that you can find and buy other functions to update the poke`gear but these are the basic models. Also if you need help remembering any of that they come with a help menu.”

He then led them down the hall to the end and pointed to two different doors. “First we go through this door, and then we go through that door. Then you’ll all have choices to make.” He lead them first through the left door and to a row of carefully placed tables, together containing 21 poke` balls. “Just like everyone else here today, you get to choose your first poke`mon from the typical starters handed out by professors like myself. In these balls are a bulbasaur, charmander, squirtle, chikorita, cyndiquil, totodile, treecko, torchic, mudkip, turtwig, chimchar, piplup, snyvy, tepig, oshawott, chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Rowlet, Litten, and finally popplio.” He pointed to each ball one at a time as he states their name, barely noticing the sigh of relief Rosa lets out, unaware others can hear it.

“Everyone in my lab who passed can choose from one of these poke`mon, just like anyone in the world who earns their license from a professor can choose one of three of these rare and frequently chosen poke`mon, but you cannot choose one of those until you follow me into this next room.”
As he says this Rosa looks confused as he leads them into another room, void of furniture, but filled with many poke`mon eggs sitting atop pillows and poke`dolls strewn about the room, some torn and in disrepair and others in fine condition. Also in this room, is a large arcanine who looks up immediately upon their entry, standing to greet them with its tail wagging as it does so.

“Hi Murphy.” Said Tobias, moving over to pet the Legendary pokemon. Upon seeing this room Rosa looked quite livid, staring Redwood down relentlessly as he continued to speak.

“Because you six trainers scored so high I’m rewarding your responsibility with a choice between one of these eggs, each containing a surprise partner of your very own to raise and care for from birth, or, a choice of the twenty one starter poke`mon in the other room.” He smiled as he said this, awaiting the excited look on each trainer’s face. With the exception of Damian of course, who already knew the process.

“I was afraid of this. Rosie we’re leaving.” Rosa said, clearly very angry. “I just knew you were using your perverse background in questionable breeding techniques to give new trainers an unfair advantage! Well just because you chose my daughter doesn’t mean I’ll accept this I can assure you!”

Redwood, looking clearly insulted, but patient responded calmly. “I assure you nothing of the sort is happening here, these poke`mon were bred indescriminantly and not competitively, I just want to do something nice for the children and this is a part of the poke`mon world I hold very dear. There aren’t many opportunities to raise poke`mon from an egg and I think that should be an option for trainers who desire it to explore. Not everyone wants to be Leage Champ or Contest Diva, some people just want to run a daycare and take care of other people’s poke`mon and anyone who does that needs to know how to properly take care of an egg. Do you know how many trainers leave eggs at a daycare center instead of keeping them? It’s ridiculous!”

Rosa rolled her eyes at this. “Spare me your cleverly concocted excuse Redwood, you clearly are trying to give them some sort of edge! This is your son, this is your student, and I don’t know how you know these other children but you’re obviously trying to bribe me and I’ll have none of this you hear me? Come along Rosie.” Before she could turn Redwood quickly reached out and grabbed her arm tightly. “With all due respect Mrs. Chandra, now that your daughter is thirteen years old and a registered trainer she’s an adult In her own right and it’s her choice to make. And as far as my poke`mon go you can take any poke`mon to any competitive inspector and have their IVs examined for free without bias. There is no reason to humiliate her like this in front of her peers.” He gave Rosa a strong stern look as he said this, not breaking eye contact for a single word.

“Unhand me you barbarian!” she said tersely in response. “Come Rosie, I won’t stay here a moment longer, and Redwood, you can be sure that I’ll be contacting the board of professors about this!” with that she swiftly turned and stormed out, not giving even her daughter a chance to respond.

“So how about it kids? What will it be?”

As Rosa stormed off in a huff Damian could no longer contain himself. He turned his head towards the exit and looked straight at her.

"Ma'am, I think you dropped something" he shouted, his smirk becoming a look of feigned concern.

"I think it was important" he continued, "kids, look around help her find it. It should feel warm and comforting, you'll know it you see it it's just your run of the mill basic human decency"

He looked around for a moment lifting a few Poke-dolls, and with an exaggerated sigh he turned back,

"Well Rosa I don't think it's in here" Damian mused, "I guess it's gone, I'd let you borrow mine but I actually use it so..."

Damian trailed off, the smirk returning to his face as looked at Redwood and the others, then back to where Rosa had been.

I stood there awkwardly, there was drama and I didn't like it.When the man looked at me I looked down at my bare feet, remembering that I forgot to put my shoes on. Why didn't i notice I am not wearing shoes..i must look like an idiot..
As i was thinking that, a little yellow and blue bug sat on my feet. I froze looking at it and tried moving back but it stayed.
Chad was laughing at me and I glared at him. "Get it off of me don't laugh its not funny!"
"Yes it is it like you Moony." he laughed more.
I felt it crawl up my leg and I didn't want to hurt the little thing because I knew it was a Poke`mon, but I had never seen one before I looked at chad and he had a smile on his face as he wiped tears from his eyes. I made a face at him "Chad.. quit being mean and get it off please" I had little tears of embarrassment because i could tell I was being watched and Chad was no help even though I needed him.

Rosie tried to pay attention to the Professors explanations, but the obvious distractions from her mother made that extremely difficult.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand then it went from 0 to 100 real quick once it came time to actually get the Pokémon...

"U-u-u-u-uhm...please...s-s-sir... d-d-don't... T-talk to m-my mom like that, pl-please..." Rosie barely managed to utter as the apparent assistant of the lab (at least, if Redwoods comments to him were any indicator) was also chipping in... though he wasn't exactly in the wrong about Rosa... at least, at the moment.

Wait, why was such a grown-up person in a ceremony for new teenagers anyway!? Shouldn't this mature adult male already have had Pokémon?!

Rosie didn't really have time to sink this all in, as it was all kinda escalating too quickly, and just kinda covered her brightly glowing face as this was all going on...

Her mother was making a scene over practically nothing, though Rosie didn't really care whether she got her Pokemon as an egg or not. She just wanted one.

Things just got worse for the poor girl the worse her mother got. Everyone was staring at her.

At them.

Rosie just didn't understand... Her mother wasn't normally like this...

Come to think of it: When her big brother went off on his journey, she didn't insist on accompanying him like she did Rosie...?

Wait...

He didn't get his Pokémon from Redwood...

Looks like there was the answer to her "Why is my mother acting reeaaal extra today?" question: Professor Finbar Redwood.

That cinches it, Rosie was getting answers after this.

A few of the children, after giving Rosie some good condescending looks, made their decisions to the plump Professor while Rosie just stood there, face flushed and head hanging.

Her head was spinning. Her mother had finally left and thankfully didn't drag Rosie with her... but the damage was already done at this point.

She couldn't think straight.

Everyone seemed like they knew what they wanted... Who they wanted to be...

Rosie just wanted a friend... She wasn't really thinking of the future...

It was so clear who she wanted last night... Now all her thoughts were jumbled and she could barely make out a whisper...

At least, until she heard herself stutter:

"I...uhm... M-may...I.. uhm... May I-I have a P-popplio... Professor?"

A Popplio?! Wait, but what about fire-starters?!

What was she saying?!

"A-a-a female Popplio, please...a-and a word in private, i-if you don't mind..."

Yup. It's settled.

Rosie's mind has officially left the building!

The children there were all too happy to stare at her departing sanity as Rosie tensed up, wishing she didn't exist.

Tobias frowned as he watched the little girl squirm. Well, they were the same age but he felt there was a certain maturity gap. Elmer had a look of confusion but then smirked when he saw the joltik. Emily snickered a little and looked at the other kids her age. "Really? I can't even. I just cant even." She said, continuing to giggle. "So you're Chad then?" Tobi said to Emily in Irritation. "That explains your lack of being a lady about our friend here. I was already suspicious because you look like dude, but this Chad thing confirms it." Redwood shot him a disapproving look for a moment as Elmer began to laugh. Emily crossed her arms and shot Tobias a glare of daggers. "Whatever nerd. You probably would have flunked if the professor wasn't your dad!"
"That's enough you four." he said, glancing at each of the three of them, and Damian for his remark about Rosa as he bent down and picked the joltik up.
"Don't worry Moonlight, It's just a joltik. They're an electric bug type poke`mon that feeds on static electricity. Watch this." He then pulled a balloon out of his pocket and blew it up, then tied it shut to keep the air in. Following that, he rubbed it on his lab coat and started moving it around his torso, then up to his head to make his hair stand on end. As he did so, the many joltik skittering about his person began to congregate near the balloon. One of these joltik was slightly darker, and purple where the blue should be.
"Feel better? Now how about it guys, do you want a ball or an egg?"

To this Rosie began to finally speak up.

"I...uhm... M-may...I.. uhm... May I-I have a P-popplio... Professor?"
"A-a-a female Popplio, please...a-and a word in private, i-if you don't mind..."
The professor smiled in response. "Well, I don't mind at all, but I also didn't check their genders. Would you still want it if it turns out to be male?" he asked as he placed his hand on Rosie's back and led her back into the room with the balls.
"Damian I'm going to take five minutes to see what she wants to talk to me about, after the five minutes bring anyone who wants a ball poke`mon into the ball room and I'll come back for anyone who wants an egg. Everyone else just find somewhere comfy to sit and be patient."

Tobi slid down to the floor and patted an empty cushion, on which arcanine plopped down, playfully chewing on Tobi's left hand as he pet his warm orange and black fur with his right. "I missed you buddy. Maybe I'll ask dad for a growlithe..."
Elmer looked bewildered. "That's not fair, you can't just pick something not in the balls! If we choose an egg we don't get to pick what it is. Do we?" He looked at Damian for answers, knowing at this point he must work for Redwood. The other trainers looked to him for an answer as well.

Last edited:
I started to feel sick as I realized I was being made fun of. I looked at them all and frowned as they began laughing at me.
The professor and the pink girl were the only nice ones there. That girl is obviously not Chad because hes standing next to me. I looked at my hands, then Chad, and then at the eggs, thinking to myself as i did. I look like an idiot... I should just leave... acting all scared over a tiny bug... I didn't know why i was scared of it, I just froze with it on me. I look one last time at the kids. One boy is next to the dog and hes fine... I tear up more and rub my eyes. "Come on Chad... lets go... I dont deserve a poke`mon anymore..."
I started walking to the door with Chad's hand on my shoulder "What, why?"
"Because I'm an idiot..."

"Oh...uhm... well, I just think it would be better to have a female Popplio so it's not so awkward when I evolve i-it into a Primarina....They're very beautiful, so, heh..." Rosie muttered, eyes still to the floor despite his friendliness.

She still wasn't quite believing the words coming out of her mouth.

What about a Cyndaquil?! For an awesome Typhlosion!?

Or a Charmander for a Charizard!?

Why was she choosing water over flight!?

Wait, just ten seconds ago she didn't have a plan for the future... Now she was thinking of them in their "final forms"?!

One dose of reality, please!

Despite this, Rosie followed the professor, glad to be away from prying eyes... But she felt bad for leaving the other girl with blond hair with them to be poked fun of as well. She was more scared of poison-types and Ariados than Joltiks, but Rosie could understand. Of all the teens here, Rosie could definitely understand.

Seems as if everyone has their own demons...

At least the other boy seemed nice enough to force kids to lay off of her... Certainly something he couldn't do for Rosie.

Maybe Rosie should talk to her afterwards...?

Rosie looked back as the Professor left his assistant in charge, if only to get one last glimpse at the blondie, before shaking it off and giving Redwood her full attention.

She... She didn't feel bad about her decision for have a Popplio...

Just... She wish she knew why this sudden urge had come over her.

The professor laughed at Rosie's concern. "You know, regardless of if you're popplio is male or female, there's still plenty of male popplio out there who might evolve. That's like never evolving a raltz because kirila resembles a ballerina. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but you should really open your mind. So, we're here. Still want popplio? I'm not going to check its gender before you choose." Redwood smiled as he awaited her response, holding the popplio ball in case she still chose it.

"True, S-sir, but at least a male Kirlia could evolve into a Gallade with the right stone, a-a-a dusk stone? ...I think my big brother has a Gallade... But I-I do see your point," Rosie lowered head even further.

She kinda came to grips with the fact that her Popplio might be male, which Rosie supposed wasn't the end of the world. She did understood it would be kinda weird... to... to check their gender...

Rosie shook her head from the thought, then finally looked up at the professor, solemnly... nodding.

"Y-yeah. Please... I'd like my Popplio now, Professor..." Rosie declared with a bit more confidence than she had previously shown before... at least, in front of him.

"Don't worry, you'll get there. Also, its a dawn stone." Redwood said in response to the Gallade comment. "Poke`mon don't tend to care what gender they'd 'look like' when compared to a human, so why should we? Any-who, popplio it is." He handed the little girl her poke`ball. "Don't let it out until it's time for the battle. I'm not sure who's going to battle yet though considering some of them might choose eggs. Damian, you can send the others in now." He turned to the door. "You don't have to stay for this part if you'd like to join the others back in the other room, or you can stay and watch the others choose their poke`mon. It's up to you."

Last edited:

"O-oh...a-a-a-ah...S-s-sorry..." Rosie squeaked, feeling unintelligent and uneducated at being corrected.

Rosie froze as she got her Pokéball... She forgot completely about battling!

She was far too distracted by her Mother!

She was so unprepared!

"Uhm...uh...buh..." Rosie mumbled, stunned.

She tried to think what the best course of action would be...

"I'll... I'll stay here. I'd like to know what everyone else chooses. I-I'd... I'd like to know who I might face," Rosie openly admitted.

The smirk left Damian's face when Rosie spoke up. He didn't mean to hurt the kids feelings, hell he didn't even mean to hurt Rosa's feelings, he was just trying to lighten the mood. The Professor shot him a look, which made him visibly flinch, and then left the room with Rosie, instructing him to send in the rest of the ones who want starters when he calls for them. It was then he noticed that the blonde girl seemed embarrassed, he also noticed that she was gonna leave. He crouched down and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Hey kiddo, it's alright" Damian said smiling warmly at her, "No need to be embarrassed"

Damian looked around at the others before looking back at her.

"You know just between you and me" Damian whispered "They still scare me too, and I've been working with them for a few years"

Damian stood back up and continued, "Stick around kid, I'm pretty sure you did better than me anyway"

"As for the rest of you" Damian shouts to the room, "If you've decided you want and egg stand over there" Damian said pointing to the left side of the door, "And if you want a starter, stand over there" he said pointing to the right side of the door.

He then walked over to the left side of the door and awaited further instruction.

"Damian, you can send the others in now" shouted the professor from the other room.

"Alright kids," said Damian, "go on in".

Damian stayed behind, he then looked around at those who also stayed.

"Keep in mind kids that if you choose and egg it will hatch at level one" warned Damian, "and taking care of an egg is a big responsibility, but each and every one of you has proven you are mature enough to do so"

A smile crept over Damian's face as he continued, "And let's face it, baby Pokemon are the cutest"

I flinched a little when the man named Damian put his hand on my shoulder and hunkered down to my level, saying he is scared of Pokemon too. He stood up and formed two lines, standing in the line for the eggs. I looked down at my feet again then at chad.
"Well will you be getting an egg Moony?"
I looked back at the eggs, then at the man nodding and walked over next to him rubbing my eyes with my sleeve. I had a little distance but i was over there chad was rubbing my shoulders calming me down. I was sniffing a little and staring at the eggs thoughtfully.
I wonder what Pokemon I'm going to get... I kinda want a joltik now... or a grass type, they seem pretty cool... Hmm... what kinda Pokemon are there...
Still rubbing my eyes, I look over at the other kids worried that if i pick the wrong egg they will laugh at me. I hide behind chad and sit on the floor hugging my legs to my chest and looking at the door. Staring out in thought.

The professor smirked a little when hearing Rosie's response about an "opponent".
"You don't have to battle unless you want to Rosie." He attempted to reassure her as Emily and Elmer walked into the room.
"So, have you two decided?" he asked.
"Charmander." stated elmer. "Snyvy." Said Emily, both looking quite excited.
"Well, here you are. You three can sit here and chat or you can join us in the egg room. If you stay here I'll come back for you and see if any of you want to battle."
He walked across the hall and back into the egg room, seeing that they had all formed a neat line he chuckled slightly.
"So just the three of you wanted eggs eh?"
Tobi looked up at him from the arcanine to respond. "Hey Da- er- Professor... can I have a growlithe egg?"
Redwood didn't seem too surprised, but did seem unsure how to respond. "Well Tobi... anyone getting an egg isn't supposed to know what's in it, and most of my growlithe are bred from Murphy, so It would indeed give you an unfair advantage... So unfortunately I can't guarantee you a growlithe. One of these eggs might be a growlithe however, and you can always catch and breed your own growlithe once you have a starter like I did, or just use one caught in the wild. You can also trade for a growlithe and then breed it with either another growlithe or a ditto as well."
Tobi seemed dissapointed, and unsatisfied with these options, he had hoped even though he wasn't supposed to play favorites, that his dad might give him some leeway.
"Fine, I'll take the egg then..."
"Excellent," said Redwood responded. "We'll start with moonlight." he placed his hand on her back and led her to a group of six eggs. "You can have any one of these six eggs, once you pick, it's yours for keeps." she picked an egg and was directed to stand on the other side of the doorway. He then called Tobi over to pick his egg from another group of eggs, and then gestured to Damian last, and shook his hand before allowing him to pick an egg.
"It's been a pleasure having you work under me buddy. I hope things go well for you out there. Don't forget to call or email once in a while."
He then showed Damian the group of eggs he was to choose from. Once finished he walked out into the hall, and gestured for them to follow, poking his head into the ball room to let the other children know as well.
As they walked he gave them further instruction. "Alright, for those of you interested in Gyms, I'd advise you pull up your town maps and head first to Tarton.

You can get there by going past the Poke`mart on the south side of Hueville and following Hue Trail to Cityville, then going to the north side of the city until you see another Poke`mon Center sitting on the gate to Route 2, follow that trail and stay on the path and you'll get to Tarton no problem. The gym won't be all that hard to spot, but I recommend going in prepared. He might be the lowest level gym leader in Orbos, but he's no novice. I can't say more than that on the subject. For those of you with eggs, they've been well incubated and will most likely hatch before you get to your second or third city, assuming you stick to traveling like many trainers. Of course, you can go wherever you want and do as you please within the law, but I recommend, especially for those with eggs, that you walk in groups. Pairs would be my minimum recommendation, and mostly for safety. Some of you may not know this, but you don't actually have to weaken a poke`mon to capture it. It's just much more difficult, so for those of you with eggs, if you want to catch a wild poke`mon now that you have your license you can feel free to try to do so. I would recommend against this unless you have a friend weaken the poke`mon for you however because it can be dangerous. All of that being said, here is 1000 dollars for each of you."

After being handed out their starting cash, they found themselves at the double doors that led to the stage.

"Who among you three would like to battle before you begin your journey?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back