• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Poke Academy (A School for the Gifted)

"Maybe." She sighs. "Makes sense since its barely the beginning." Viola reaches for her bag and pulls out a pokeball holder or carrier. She places her balls on each holster then lays down and sighs. "Say Kaida, why not get to know each other a little better since we are roommates. Asking about your life is a personal thing so we can wait to ask that afterwards." She suggested recalling what Coballion said that all he did was talk to Artemis about his life. She didn't want that to happen again. "So what type of Pokemon do you prefer?"

MissSoulfulPoetKat MissSoulfulPoetKat

Tyra continued to stand and smile down at the seat girl, "Nice to meet you to Avery, Bloom, and Orchard." Looking at each on individually as she spoke their names. Turning her attention back to Avery she chuckled in a bit of embarrassment, "Sorry about Chee-Chee though. Seeing your Pokémon all tangled up like that really had her worried. She was only trying to help, not to be rude." Glancing at the Pikachu still observing the Bianca made her chuckle even more, "I'm also sorry to you Bianca if my little pal caused you any trouble."
Though when she heard the whipping sound it caught her a bit off guard, causing her to jump a bit. Watching Bloom discipline the muddy girl. "Oh," Tyra gently slammed her fist on her open hand before looking at Bloom, "You're the motherly type aren't you?" Upon seeing her pull out chairs at the table she was a bit surprised. However when she noticed the urging look on her face Tyra felt like it'd be rude to not accept. "Sure, I'll join you. What about you Bianca?" She asked as she made her way to open of the open seats before sitting down.
Bum Bear Bum Bear Tamara Vakarian Tamara Vakarian

Bianca gave a small smile as the pikachu tried to get her attention by patting a shoulder. "Che-che, was it? Nice to meet you." She smiled and scratched the pikachu under her chin. "There was no problem. She kept me occupied." She heard the other girl speak, so turned in her general direction to avoid being rude. It was clear that she was only offering for them to join her to be polite, guessing from tone and- did she hear smacking sounds? Did one of the girls hit the other? Then, Tyra made a comment about being the motherly type. Maybe a pokemon did that, then. She was about to politely decline, but Liara had other ideas, flitting from Bianca's shoulder to the back of an empty chair, chirping at her trainer. She gave a small smile. "Why not? Couldn't hurt." Bianca sat down at the table, then laid her hands on a menu, eyebrows raising. "Wow." I can actually read this. She didn't expect the menus to have braille on them.

Jack, meanwhile, sat next to her, taking her cane and leaning it against the table, waiting to see if she needed anything further.

Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 Bum Bear Bum Bear

"Hm...That sounds alright." Kaida didn't have to think about that question for a second. "I prefer Dragon and Dark types." Reaching down, she gave Pandora a pat on the head. The dark type had fallen asleep a little while age. She smiled and shook her head before turning her attention back to Viola. "What about you? Do you have a preferred type of Pokemon?"

Last edited:
She smiles wide and sits up. "I do dark type is my favorite as well. Ghost types, and lastly Ice types. Aside from that I plan to be a dark type gym leader. It's been my dream goal. Grimsley is my inspiration."

"I'm...not really sure what I want to do." She sighed and frowned a little. "I think it'd be nice to try out contests or maybe acting, but I enjoy battling too. I think I could become a great Dragon type gym leader." She leaned back against the wall. "It's all confusing."

Pumpkid Pumpkid

As they began shuffling themselves into the empty seats, Bloom couldn't help but blush as one of them, Tyra she believed, called her the motherly typed. Scuttling her way back towards Avery, her trainer couldn't help but notice the star struck gaze of her companion. Thin leaves cupping her face as if to hide the fact that she had gone beet red. Avery peered at her through the menu, slightly irritated by her out of place fangirling. When did being called motherly ever become a compliment? She couldn't tell you, but as Bloom's face muted into a peach she didn't think to dwell on it. Tyra had been the first to sit followed by her party and soon after Liara followed by it's own trainer. Great, now she had company, something she wasn't to keen on. She was just hoping to have a quiet quick meal and then go to her dorm room for a nice shower and maybe take a nap or something. Speaking of which, she hadn't even made it to her dorm room yet which strangely bothered her as she felt as if she was forgetting something incredibly important. A low rumble broke her train of thought, bringing her back to the reality that there were now strangers sitting adjacent to her. Taking a deep breath, Avery knew she would just have to deal with them, Bloom looking triumphant having forced her into this situation while still seeming a bit giddy at the earlier "motherly" comment.

Searching through the menu, she decided upon a the cheapest combo available, a slice of pizza with a single side and a drink of her choosing. Sure of her order she attempted to stand before that oh to familiar coldness forced her back into her seat. Bloom had seen her attempting to leave their guest, trying to blow them off as if they had been a burden to her. The plant hadn't been completely wrong as she had intended on getting her food, pass the time with fiddling her hair, and then eat and be on her way. Per usual, Bloom would not let her do it. Instead, she kept her rooted to her seat as she took her own seat next to her. She kept face in front of Tyra and Bianca, but underneath the table Bloom began pinching her apathetic trainer to get the desired results. With only having leaves for hands, her pinches were akin to sharp paper cuts and was severely uncomfortable on her arms.

"So, are you guys hungry. I think I'm gonna go get combo E." she mumbled, not wanting to have any prolonged conversation with the two, but another pinch suggested otherwise.

"Errr. Now that we me-rr!" she twitched as Bloom gave her another one of her signature pinch. Why this little... Fine.

"Having introduced ourselves, how about we get to know one another a bit hmm?" she mewed, her voice sounding scarily cheerful compared to usual apthetic tone.

"Lilligant!" she chirped, happy having got what she wanted.

This was Avery's "Getter" voice as she dubbed it. A voice she used only during special occasions, an example being the interview to get into this school. She knew that school's like these required it's applicants to have "personality" and "people skills" the two things she had been severely lacking. Watching her trainer in action she mewed silently keeping her hands close just in case she began slipping up. The flowering pokemon knew how much her trainer loathed unnecessary human interaction, but even she needed some friends aside from pokemon. She'd been in this school for three years and failed to make any long lasting friendships due to her apathy and overall bored exterior but Bloom refused to let her spend her senior year alone.

"What year are you guys in? I'm a senior." she stated, upturned eyes faking interest.

When would this be over?

Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 & Tamara Vakarian Tamara Vakarian

Viola chuckles at the girl. "It's alright. We don't usually find our calling until afterwards or while doing something we enjoy and have a passion for. Maybe the school will help you find it. Coordination involves battling, dressing up for the judges and wowing the audience with tricks. I always enjoy a pageant. Sounds girly I know. As for being a dragon gym leader that sounds great, maybe when our goal is accomplished we can have a gym leader tea time party or something." She laughs at the thought though she was a bit serious on that. "What year are you? I'm a junior here in this academy. I'm still new at it though."

"Well I'm glad to hear that she kept you companion. She's a bit curious at times, but I find it to be a good quality in her," smiling at Bianca before glancing over at Chee-Chee who still sat on her shoulder. When she noticed Bloom blush she couldn't help but to giggle, it was cute. Though hearing Avery ask if they were hungry Tyra shook her head, "No, not really. I mostly came here for my Pokémon." Pulling a small plastic bin from her bag before setting it on the table and taking the lid of. A mix of delightful aroma's spread through the nearby air having been freed from confinement.
The girl then handed each of her Pokémon two Poke Puffs a piece, both being the designated Pokémon's favorite. Chee-Chee got two pink ones that smelt sweet. Coal's were orange and emanated a citrus scent. While Toby munched on his green ones that titled towards the bitter side. Tyra snickered at her companion's delight, they always loved her homemade Poke Puffs.
Hearing Avery speak caught her attention. Turning away from her Pokémon to the girl in overalls who suggested they get to know each other. "Oh, I'm a junior," she replied with her signature friendly smile.
Bum Bear Bum Bear Tamara Vakarian Tamara Vakarian

Leon decided to boot up his laptop and plugged in his headphones, still unsure of what he should be playing. "What should I play guys?" His Pokemon looked at him with a confused face and looked back at the screen, probably unsure of what anything on the screen meant. They all went back to doing their thing except for Rayah, who decided to stand on the keyboard and lightly peck the screen. Somehow, the Fletchling actually pecked an FPS game that Leon actually liked quite a bit. "Hmm, good choice even if it wasn't entirely intentional." With that, he pulled up the game and started playing as the Fletchling flew off the laptop and onto one of the desks.

Bianca nodded with a small smile. She wasn't the best with people, but she loved Pokemon dearly. Che-che seemed sweet- maybe a little too loud, however. The other girl, Avery, was it? She started talking, in a sickly sweet voice. Almost immediately, Bianca was uncomfortable. She had heard that voice countless times, with people that were uncomfortable with her disability but not wanting to say anything. She's not even a good actor. Then again, her mother was a professional actress, so maybe she just picked up on the difference that way. "Hmm... That does sound good. I think I'll get that, as well.... And I'm a junior, too."

A thought occoured to her. "Oh, right, I should feed my pokemon, too." She pulled out two pokeballs and tossed them, letting out an Ariados and a Seadra. "This is Speeder and Yuno." She gestured in their general direction. "Jack?" The sylveon retrieved her bag, pulling out containers of pokemon food with its ribbons. Within minutes, food was passed around for them all. When it was finished, Jack returned, wrapping a ribbon around her wrist once more. "Shall we go order, then?" She asked, standing and taking her cane.

Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 Bum Bear Bum Bear

Tyra couldn't help but to smile from ear to ear at the sight of Bianca's other Pokémon. "Oh my goodness! An Ariados and a Seadra!" Her excitement was very well making itself known to the other two girls, along with all the Pokémon. As she looked at them a bit more her smile didn't seem like it was fading anytime soon. "They're adorable! Both of your Pokémon are," she commented looking from Bianca to Avery.
However when the dark haired girl said she was going to go order Tyra just stayed seated in her chair. She was too excited to want to eat. Sitting there in wide-eyed wonder like a child as she studied the two new Pokémon from where she sat. Not wanting keep them from eating their meal.
Tamara Vakarian Tamara Vakarian Bum Bear Bum Bear

Scout was happy to see that Tyra had decided to help. It was quite a bit of work for just him and his Pokémon. "Okay, cool. Sir and Captain, I want you two to go and pick up trash. Mister and I will deal with chairs." Immediately, they all set out to work. The noibat and sableye quickly picked up waste and distributed it the appropriate barrels. Scout and his aurorus picked up the chairs and set them in their proper places, although Scout was at a much slower pace. Soon enough they had finished and now Scout sat at one of the tables surrounded by his three Pokémon. "Good job everyone. I'm going to take a quick nap before buying your treats. That work was real tiring." His Pokémon all understand how easily he got tired and sat around waiting. It didn't take long for Scout to fall asleep, and failed to notice the two new people to join the cafeteria. He was unbalanced in his chair, and ended up slipping and falling onto the ground, creating an audible crash. However, it didn't wake him up and his Pokémon knew to just leave him there.

Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50 Tamara Vakarian Tamara Vakarian Bum Bear Bum Bear

Tyra yawned as she walked through the halls of the academy. "This is way too earlier for school to start," she groaned as she stretched her arms over her heads. Smiling a bit sleepily at hearing, and feeling, her back crack, "Oh that feels so much better." The girl was clad in a pair slightly ripped skinny jeans, a grey t-shirt, along with her iconic blue denim vest and short brown boots. Reaching behind her head she adjusted her ponytail a bit, when she brought her hands forward she made sure that her keystone was secured.
After making sure everything was in place and looking decent she grinned, "Nice." Reaching her hand into her pocket she pulled out her three Poke Balls which were in their shrunken form. She didn't want to leave them cooped up for hours, but after yesterday's incident she found it best to keep them away. Not wanting anyone getting distracted. "Don't you worry. Once we get to the practice fields or lunch I'll left you guys out. Promise," she whispered to the Poke Balls before slipping them back into her pocket.

Before Kaida could answer, Viola nods off to sleep unable to listen to continue. In her dreams she apologized to Kaida but made sure to remember to do so when she woke up.

The very next day, Viola woke up stretching and yawning. Of course with her mannerisms she consciously covered her mouth as she did. The blue haired teen looks around to find everything was silent and possibly Kaida sleeping. Viola took the chance to grab some clothes and take a quick morning shower to start the day. Afterwards, she came back into the room placing her dirty clothes in a separate bag. She reaches over to grab her unfinished book and her pokeballs and place them in her bag. One of them being Croagunk poked out deciding it wanted to be out. Viola smiles earning the frog pokemon a small giggle. The two head outside as per usual and sat down in the garden bench. Croagunk tilts his head confused as to why she didn't start the regiment of combat. Viola decided to wait till after school. This was new to her pokemon but they certainly had to change their schedule now. The blue haired girl held her hair in a ponytail with her long galaxy ribbon flowing behind her hair. She plucks a rose and sniffs the morning dew scent from the flowers. She felt chilly wearing a skirt but her stockings kept her a little warm. Viola opens her book and continues to read where she left off while Croagunk simply relaxes beside her feet and croaks.

Leon was not in the mood to go to school, seeing as he spent a good amount of hours playing games on his laptop and totally forgot about the fact that school would start the next day. He woke up incredibly groggy, noticing that Artemis was still asleep, unsure of how he managed to wake up so early after sleeping so late. It wasn't a thought that he gave much attention to, seeing as if he fell asleep again he would probably need to be electrocuted in order to wake up again. The boy sat up and softly pushed his Luxio out of the way as he got out of bed and stood in the middle of the room. "Okay guys, time to wake up!" Leon whispered at his Pokemon, quietly moving to each of them and lightly poking them to wake them up.

Once everyone was up, he got ready, grabbed his backpack and headed out of the room, quietly shutting the door behind him. "I know you guys don't like this, but I can't afford to have you just running around on my first day of school." He pulled out two Pokeballs and pulled his Abra and Fletchling inside, allowing Leo to walk around with him since he was usually more well-behaved. He wore a grey hoodie with a blue white short-sleeve t-shirt underneath that had a flashy Typhlosion logo on it, along with light blue jeans and white sneakers. He spotted a girl in the hallway talking to her Pokeballs and decided, since she was the only other person he saw, he'd approach her. "Hi there, you up early too?" He actually wasn't quite sure that it was all that early, but judging by the fact that no one else was there, it was the best assumption he could come up with. His Luxio yawned a little and stretched on the ground next to Leon, clearly as tired as the boy was.

Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Kaida was indeed still asleep. But that would soon change as Pandora woke up and started pawing at her. "Mm...Five more minutes please." Kaida rolled over but the pawing continued. Sighing, she slowly opened her eyes and sat up. Rubbing her eyes, she pouted at Pandora. "Alright, alright. I'm up, Pandora." Swinging her feet over the side of her bed, she stretched and let out a yawn. "Let me get a shower and get ready. Then we can go, okay?" Pandora made a noise, signalling that the dark type agreed. Smiling, she stood up an began to start her daily morning ritual.

After a quick shower, she got dressed, putting on a simple white tank top, a pair of purple jeans and a pair of blue sneakers. In her hair, she simply put in a purple flower hair pin. Turning to Pandora, she twirled a bit. "Do I look alright?" Pandora glanced at her book giving her a look, as if to tell her "Yes. You don't need to ask me that.". Chuckling, she made sure she had everything before picking up her bag and set out the door.

Once outside, she let Hydra and Phantom out of their pokeballs. Both pokemon let out cries of joy, happy to be out. "I'm sorry I didn't let you two back out yesterday. I fell asleep. But I promise I'll make it up to you. When I buy more poke puffs, I'll buy some extra for all three of you. Does that sound good?" All three pokemon let out a cheerful cry, causing her to giggle. "I'll take that as a yes. It's a plan then."

Artemis woke up with a yawn... And realized that he had no idea what time it was. He had dosed off while typing on his computer. Oh well. He'd fix it later. He checked the clock next to his bed. He had plenty of time. He got dressed and ready for school. He took a bit of time to wonder why he wore the same outfit everyday. Once he was dressed he shouldered his backpack and let Athena out of her pokeball to walk around. She was as joyous as ever. "At least knew of us got a good sleep." Artemis said to his Pokemon.

When he entered the school Artemis noticed the peculiar marks on the wall. They looked like the Pokemon unown and we're moving. That's when Artemis realized they were unown... But they were stuck to the wall. They formed themselves into sentences welcoming each student as they passed. Interesting Artemis thought I should make a note of this. With that he pulled out a notebook and began taking some notes.

Hearing a voice Tyra looked over to see who it was coming from. Seeing Leon approach her she smiled, "Yeah. I wanted to make sure that I was on time, so here I am with time to spare." A snicker escaped from her after she finished speaking. Her head tilted a bit to the side out of curiosity, in doing this her keystone caught a bit of light from a nearby window. "So why are you up wondering around the hall at this time?" A brow raised as she questioned the early bird. Though when glanced at Leo her expression changed to that of delight, "A Luxio! Oh my gosh he's adorable!" Kneeling down she stretched her hand out for him to sniff so he could get to know a bit about her.
RoninN7 RoninN7

Terra woke up, her Poochyena lying on her chest again "Get off you great lump" she muttered, pushing the Puppy Pokemon off. The pokemon hit the floor with a yelp as she pulled herself out of bed and got dressed.
Looking at the cock, she began a mad dash towards classes, her Houdoom and Poochyena following close behind

Leo's head cocked back when Tyra's hand approached it, but he did sniff it a little, getting a bit closer nuzzling her hand a little, inviting her to pet him. "I woke up early and figured it'd be a good idea to avoid being late on my first day of school." The boy lied, in actuality he would've much rather been there late if only he could get just one more hour of sleep in, but he decided it'd be best to start with a positive attitude. "Oh him? His name is Leo and he can be a bit of an idiot sometimes but he's a nice guy." Leon noticed how the Luxio was starting to warm up to her and sighed, still unsure of what exactly made the little Pokemon like certain people since he usually acted all tough around other people. There was a palpable feeling, however, that Tyra liked Pokemon a lot, as Leon judged from her reaction upon looking down at Leo. "My name is Leon by the way, what's yours?" It was only then that he realized that he had failed to introduce himself and felt a little embarrassed, it was probably due to the fact that, despite how tired he was, he was actually excited to start school for once.

Charcoal_Lilly50 Charcoal_Lilly50

Grinning she started to pet Leo, "Well aren't you a cutie Leo!" Chuckling as she scratched him under his chin and jaw. "We'll we all act like idiots at some point in one form or another," Tyra commented as she looked up at the boy from his Pokémon. As she stood up she continued to smile, "Guess that means we're up and in the hall for the same reason." The girl couldn't help but to steal one a glance at Leo again before her attention was back on the boy. "I'm Tyra, nice to meet you," extending her hand to him, a sign of a handshake.
RoninN7 RoninN7

Viola sat patiently on the bench of the garden reading her book when she notices her Croagunk wandering off. She closes the book arching a brow from curiosity as to where it was going. "Croagunk where on earth are you going?" The frog stops and points to the battle field across. "Oh you're wondering why we aren't sparing like we do every morning? Simple. I have school today so we'll have to do this some other time." The frog Pokemon croaks staring at her with his usual tired eyes. "Alright fine. I guess a small warm up won't hurt." Viola lead her Croagunk to the battle field after plucking tow more roses now carrying three.

Upon arrival, Viola pulls out her pokeballs and tosses them toward the battlefield releasing her Bisharp and Zoroark. The two stretching and letting out an excited cry. "Alright you three. This is a small warm up. Once the bell rings its time for me to learn and you can't come out until otherwise." All three nod. "Okay let's start with some stretches." Viola pulls out a small boombox and plays some music into it. "Ok raise arms, hold out, go low, raise arms bend to your right now your left." This went on for ten minutes until she stops. "Ok now it's time for running. Get ready, set go!" She whistles and all three Pokemon start running making their first lap, second and so on. Viola stood watching and admiring her work with her Pokemon training.

"Nat! Natu!"

Bianca woke to Liara jumping on her chest, chirping loudly. She groaned quietly as she grabbed the bird pokemon. She stopped crying out, and Bianca heaved a sigh. "Thank you, Liara." Her ability, early bird, essentially meant that Liara could be her alarm clock. Her loud, hungry... Alarm clock. With no snooze. She sat up and Liara flitted to the headboard, apparently satisfied now that her trainer was awake. Without turning on the light-being blind and all, she didn't need it- found her way to the bathroom, took a quick shower- trying not to scream when she discovered the cold water instead of warm- and got dressed, coming back to gather what she might need for class- it was a short list- a couple of audio recorders- she couldn't take notes normally- and a few other things. When she was done getting ready, she bit her lip, thinking. Should I wake her? After a moment, she shrugged. Worse case scenario, she yells at me. She shrugged and felt her way to her roommate's bed. "Hey." She shook her shoulder. "Avery? Wake up. Classes start today."

Bum Bear Bum Bear

Aellas walked down the hallway, holding a cup of coffee in one hand and her phone in the other. As she flipped through various messages and reminders- all from other teachers, or people she met on her travels- she frowned slightly and slipped the phone inside her pocket. Well, can't please everybody. She thought, not quite caring. To say the least, there was a small uproar when she settled on being a school teacher. She wasn't- until recently, anyway- a responsible or dependable person. But that changed. Now, she was considering lesson plans. What a difference a change of pace could make.

As she walked, the unown began rearranging themselves on the wall in greeting, telling her the latest news. Aellas had to laugh at some of it- they were apparently trying to decide which students would be cute together, for one. "The students will figure that out. Don't you cuties worry about it." She joked, taking a drink of her coffee. The news about Cobalion gave her a good laugh. "I bet he didn't like that. He's not the best with sensitive situations." She shrugged. "Anyway, I should probably go. We'll... Um... Chat later."

When she walked away, nearing her classroom, she noticed a student rapidly writing notes on a notebook while staring at the wall. She stopped, smiling. "Hey, kiddo. You know that you can ask them questions directly, right?"

BackSet BackSet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back