• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Poe X Era/ Kylo x Amythest

Alphaburrito

Sione outpost, only about a day or so walk to the much larger Niima outpost. Very few wander across the outpost, so few that everyone is shocked there is an outpost before niima. Jakku is a barren wasteland though, those who refused to be treated like disgusting animals went to Sione. Or at least those that knew about it. Era wasn’t entirely sure how she ended up at Sione. She remembered growing up in a nice city, but after that it’s darkness. Everything about her parents, her past. It’s all just dark.

You don’t need a past when you’re just scavenging and repairing though. Mostly small items, or ships that are most likely beyond any sort of good repair. Niima got the ships that could still function. The scavengers from that outpost were greater in numbers and actually had a will to scavenge. For Era it was a way to make a little bit of money and to entertain herself. You don’t get many visitors around here, especially not ones that are friendly.

She heard about The First Order, how they were especially not friendly. But resistance or First Order, war was war. As long as she was able to live peacefully she was okay. And that’s how she’s been. Not much happening around the small outpost. Until one day something fell out of the sky.

It wasn’t near the outpost but close enough for Era to see the impact and head out to check out what had happened. The ship looked destroyed, there was no way that was going to fly again. The pilot was nowhere to be seen, she figured that this meant the pilot would also never fly again. It wasn’t until Era had accidentally kicked a human hand while she was looking. A quick tug on the hand told her that at least an arm was attached and she had move the remains of the ship to get to it. She knelt down next to the hand, feeling for a pulse. When she located a small one, immediately she went to work digging the poor pilot out of the firey grave he landed in.

The last thing Poe Dameron remembered before everything went black was escaping the cruiser with a defective Stormtrooper, whom he named Finn, because FN-2187 was a flipping mouthful and he was not going to call the kid that. Finn had actually liked the name and then they got hit on the starboard side of the TIE-fighter, and then as they plummeted to Jakku, Poe didn't know what happened after that, but everything went black.

Consciousness was starting to come back to him, a small grimace and groan escaped his lips, his body feeling like he had been hit by a AT-AT fighter, at least he felt his ribs were bruised if nothing was broken. Fuck, he thought as he got up, a little too quickly as he felt a sharp pain emitting from his lower back and his ribs just shoot through him. Of course, he would have to get through it at some point because his droid unit was in danger, scanning with his chocolate brown eyes at his surroundings before he looked upon a young woman who seemed out of place in that place.

"H.. help," he said, having fallen back onto the bed roll he woken up on, wondering if this woman would know how to speak English. But he had to take a chance, "Have... have you seen... seen an orange.... orange and white BB unit?" He asked, now staring up at the ceiling of the shelter he was in. It seemed quaint, and that only one person lived here.

The man was buried pretty deep in there, she was no doctor but she could tell he was in pretty bad shape. It took a while but finally she got him uncovered, managing to drag him out and to her house. Era was not the strongest person, in fact she was barely able to lift the man. She didn’t want to literally drag him, so awkwardly putting him over her shoulder had to do. At least for now. If his injuries were too bad she would go out and grab a medic, there used to be one in the hut not too far from hers.

Once inside she plopped him down on her bed, giving a small glance before running off to find medical supplies she had in her house. She wasn’t the best medic, and her skills would be extremely basic. However one does not become a scavenger without learning some skills, oddly specific fixes here and there. As well as medical supplies that she might need if she ever hurt herself. Era hurried back with the supplies, finding the man stirring a bit. At least he was conscious, that was always a good sign.

“I’m going to help you, just stay still. I haven’t really looked at your injuries yet.” Era spoke softly, trying to keep her voice low in the event that the man had a concussion. Gently and slowly, she started with his arms, grabbing some Bacta and spreading it along the burns. His question confused her, he must have had an Astromech but in that crash it must not have survived. “I’m sorry, I didn’t find a BB unit. You crashed pretty badly, I don’t think it made it. You’re lucky to be alive right now.”

If there was no one else with him, then Finn's defect was all for naught. He winced a bit at the bacta, but soon enough his arms were feeling a little tingle with it restoring some moisture to the damaged skin. "That means my co-pilot didn't make it.. Darn it, and I liked the kid. No, the droid would have been without me, I got taken in by the First Order and it has the map to where Luke Skywalker might be." It was futile to keep that a secret, in case he actually died, and then seeing his jacket didn't make it either, he felt a little homesick without it.

"The name is Poe Dameron. Who might you be? I don't think I am anywhere close to Niima Outpost." He noted sourly, it might take him a long while to get out of the Western Reaches, and no way to contact General Organa to let her know he has no clue where BB-8 is and he has the map. That would make Leia definitely crap on him all the more.

"How much longer? I need to get going from here." He said, though the girl is pretty, he had a mission that he was starting to fail miserably at. "I need to get back to the Resistance."

The man was resistance, she should have known. Part of her wanted to stop what she was doing and send him on his way, but the humane part of her told her that she was currently his only hope to recover. So Era kept looking for places that seemed superficially burned or hurt, not yet willing to do anything else for him. “I haven’t seen a BB unit anywhere around here, and we haven’t had one show up at this outpost.”

Era took a second to look over the injured man, Poe Dameron. The name wasn’t familiar to her so he must just be some pilot with the resistance, not important like Luke Skywalker. “My name is Era, you landed at the Sione outpost. It’s about a days walk to Niima outpost.” She moved his shirt a bit, looking for any burns or signs of broken bones. She let out a breath of relief when there only seemed to be a few scrapes and burns, at least nothing was broken. She could help him here.

“I’m sorry sir but you’re not going anywhere. Not for a few days at least. You’re still pretty badly burned and I think some internal organs may be bruised judging by how you weren’t able to get up earlier. You may also have a concussion.” The man had just woken up from being knocked unconscious from a deadly crash. She was astounded that he could even think of getting back to the resistance. “The resistance is going to have to wait.”

"Era, I have had worse done to me, this is only a walk in the park." he stated, but he wasn't going to go against her wishes. Knowing it was a day's walk to Niima, he decided to listen and stay, when he knew General Organa would have his hide if BB-8 got to Kylo Ren. Knowing the man was who Leia feared the worse would be, Poe knew that Luke might be in danger. But... No one knew what the map contained, and Luke was no stupid man. Stubborn, yes, but not stupid.

"How long am I on bed rest? I don't wish to overstay my welcome more than I have." he noted, BB-8 was the main worry he had and that stupid map. If only Poe had been smart about it, he and BB-8 would be out of there and the First Order wouldn't be looking for it. "And thank you for putting me up." he stated to her, looking in her general direction. This time, he took the time to look at her fully, long hair which he couldn't tell what color it was in the lighting, and she looked more like the people from Chandrila, who he knew Leia had been living on before the First Order took hold on the Galaxy, and she was called back to do what she did when she was a young woman.

"Where are you really from? I know you are not from here." he said, closing his eyes and letting his mind stop racing from the thoughts of where his droid was. At least he wouldn't hear C-3P0 bug him about being a troubled pilot who needed a few lessons in mannerisms.

“Excuse me sir but this looks like more than just a simple walk in the park. This is more like a brawl in a cantina, and it doesn’t look like you won.” She chuckled slightly to herself. It wasn’t often that they had visitors to their outpost, actually she couldn’t remember the last time someone had just visited or dropped by. Most of the time they were passed over, if anyone did come it was because they thought Sione was Niima or they were too dehydrated to notice otherwise.

Era pressed against his chest, checking his ribs gently. They were definitely bruised. She had no medical experience but something told her at least 2 days, possibly just from recovering from her own injuries. “We don’t have many visitors here, so really any amount of stay is welcome. I don’t mind, honestly.” Era cleaned up her medical supplies, putting them to the side to reapply if needed later. “You’ll be here for a couple days at least. We’ll see how your ribs feel by then.” She covered his chest back up, trying to keep decency between them. Era went off to get some water, coming back when he asked his question.

“I don’t know.” She said honestly, shrugging. “I’ve been on Jakku for as long as I can remember. A lot of my childhood is just gone though.” Era took a seat next to the bed, glancing over the man. He was older, not too old but she was definitely younger. He looked war torn, all he had probably known was the resistance. The thought was sad. “What about you? Where are you from? Before the resistance.”

"I came from Yavin-6, if you heard the stories, Hoth is in the same planetary sector. Big battle there." he chuckled, but most of his thievery had been overlooked by Organa, and he was not going to tell a stranger his whole life story. "Not much I remember, but I remember General Organa had much hope in me. Maybe because I remind her of her husband," he chuckled. There had to be some resemblance between himself and Han Solo. Solo had taken off on some sort of escapade, and the Resistance had a few agents keeping an eye out for the two, Chewbacca and Solo. Heck, no one knew where the Falcon was either!

"Do you visit Niima Outpost much? What kind of ships do they have there?" though it would be at least three days before he gets to Niima, he needed to make sure the head man at the post doesn't hassle him. "There wouldn't be a small carrier in the field, would there be?"

Sighing and closing his eyes, he was sure she was right about him having a concussion. He then asked, "Could you try to keep me up? If I have a concussion, I may not wake up from it." And he found her company to be needed in this unforeseen time. Poe just hoped BB-8 was alright and not getting into trouble without him.

Era couldn’t remember if she had heard stories of Yavin-6. Hoth sounded familiar but she couldn’t think of why. Knowledge of battles were not her forte. Amazingly people don’t talk about stories of war, it’s almost like people didn’t like war. Amazing. “I’m not much company. I haven’t had a visitor before. I used to have a droid but he got too rusted from the weather and sand here. He also didn’t talk.” Well he spoke, but he spoke in binary and she didn’t not need this pilot believing her to be crazy while she was his only hope of survival at this point.

“I’ve gone to Niima outpost a few times when I need parts that I can’t find out in the field. I haven’t traveled out that far for a while though. The trek out there is torture in this weather.” One minute in Jakkus dry climate could make anyone pray to their maker. Era didn’t like tempting fate like that. “They probably have ships of all kinds there, along with droids. Maybe when you’re healed a bit I can assist you out there. You can grab a new ship and see if your droid ended up there.” That was the hopeful news. The bad part is that the ships are overly priced and the droid may have already been sold. But other than that, the future for this mans droid was bleak.

“General Organa?” The name sparked something in her, she heard it but she couldn’t remember from where. “She’s important right? I mean she must be with the title General. I’m assuming she’s the leader of the resistance?” Maybe leader wasn’t the best way to describe the position, but it was the only way she could think to describe someone who apparently Poe held in high regard.

Poe sighed, "I am sure BB-8 is alright, it was always able to get out of sticky situations before. Let's hope this time he didn't go into the First Order freely." He knew BB-8's future was not very bright, but he hoped the droid had found someone to help him out.

"Then I will tell you who she is, she is the twin to Luke Skywalker, and the one who with her brother and Han Solo were able to defeat the Empire, and Darth Vader. Then she went to live on Chandrila before she had her son, who was then trained to become a Jedi, but something happened and young Ben got into the hands of the Sith and is now Kylo Ren."

He had met Kylo, and though he had not been struck by Leia's son, he knew Ren had doubts, probably being told he was nothing like his grandfather and all that to make him react in such ways. "Leia was like a mother I never had, though she is not that much older than me, I was thirteen when Hoth took place."

“I hope your droid is okay. Maybe he was already taken back to the resistance?” She shrugged, trying to give him a small smile. The least she could do for this poor guy was give him some hope. The guy was probably far too used to heartbreak and sorrow. While Era felt bad about that for him, he did choose this life. It was sad but she couldn’t be too upset over the path he choose for himself.

Once Poe started talking about history and places, Era couldn’t keep track of everything. Sure things stuck out but overall she was lost on history. Jedi sounded familiar, and everyone knew the story of Luke Skywalker as well as his father Darth Vader. Too many things to ask questions about that she wasn’t sure she wanted.

“I don’t know that much about the resistance or the battles you have faced. I’m sure she’s a lovely woman though.” A lovely woman who doesn’t seem to care that she is sending innocent people to fight for a lost cause. Era didn’t dare say that out loud though.

"Leia is a lovely woman, I think you might like her." he said, smirking at the girl before sighing, his head pounding a bit, looking back at her, he asked, "Do you have anything to give for a pounding head?" Poe might have a proposition for the girl, if she could get him out of Jakku without being picked up by the First Order. He knew where the resistance was, even if it meant he would get an earful when he did get back into Leia's sights. But in his defense, he liked the old man whom Kylo had killed because of what the old man believed in.

"Is there anyone else around here? I mean close by to hear us talk?" He questioned, realizing he had said too much to her and if there were spies for the First order, she would be in danger just as much as he was.

"I don't think you would like to hear this, but when I am able to move, you have to come with me. Leaving this life behind because of me and my big mouth, I have endangered you." His head hurt now, he was thinking and overthinking too much. "I think I might need to sleep for a bit..."

“Maybe I would. I don’t think I’ll ever meet her though.” Era didn’t want to meet her. She didn’t want to meet either side. Already she was having to patch up a resistance fighter who crashed while on an important mission. “I’m sorry, all the supplies I have are basic. I think rest is what you need and what would be best. I’ll be working outside to not disturb you.” She started cleaning up a small work area on a desk nearby, picking things up along with various tools.

“No one really lives out here. It’s only me and a few other scavengers but the closest one is on the other side of the outpost. We like spreading out our camps to keep everyone’s business running smoothly.” His words made her stop. She couldn’t just leave Jakku. She didn’t have a life anywhere else. She couldn’t get wrapped up in this stupid fight. She didn’t care who won or who occupied who when both sides are guilty of senseless killing.

“Get some sleep Poe. You don’t seem to have a concussion. You’ll be safe here.” With all the talk of escaping Jakku though, maybe he did if he thought she was going to leave with him. Era gathered up her tools and various projects and went back outside, sitting under the shade her hut provided and starting to work.

Poe soon fell asleep, mind plagued with fear of what has happened to his droid. He only hoped BB-8 was alright. That was the last thing he thought of before he drifted off to sleep, not waking until long past dawn.

Meanwhile on the other side of Niima Outpost....

The sun was just rising above the dunes of the sandy planet of Jakku, located in the Western Reaches of the Galaxy, in the inner rim as a young scavenger came out of her home in the AT-AT remains as her companion was still getting ready to leave for a day of scavenging to return to Niima outpost to see how much their find would cost in rations. A girl whose hair was left loose and not really tied back was Amethyst Kenobi, a nineteen year old girl whose resilience and strong spirit helped both her and her friend Rey from starving to death. Now with Rey coming out, Am looked at her friend and said, "We best go scavenge now before we get caught in the heat and not have much time to get back here before heading to Niima."

"Sounds like a plan. Are you bringing your mother's heirloom with us? I still do not understand why you have it still. You said it didn't work." Am had told her that, but a few weeks before, she had a pull and with leaving Rey to finish up some of the scavenging on a nearby destroyer cruiser, Amethyst learned what it was, but not knowing if Rey would believe her, she had just kept that secret to Rey. "It's like my mother is still here with us, watching us as she did before her illness." She said and they both went to the cruiser as she broke off from Rey again, but to a section she had been working on.

It was about noon when the two regrouped and headed back to the AT-AT fighter, they only had one ration left when Am said, "You have it. I am not feeling the best."

"You need to eat, won't do you any good if you get sick as well, Amethyst." Rey noted as she poured a bit of liquid into the tray and threw a bit of powder into it, soon forming into a bun. Amethyst had a sinking feeling, about what, she was not sure. She just assumed it was a gut feeling. Sitting outside the AT-AT, she and Rey enjoyed their time outside in the shade when they heard some frantic beeping from a droid as she and Rey ran over, Amethyst speaking in the native language of the scavenger Teedo, she told Teedo to let the droid go and Rey cut the net over the droid and the luggabeast took off with the angry scavenger as she looked at Rey and said, "I've never seen a droid like this. Who are you, little guy?"

With the orange and white droid beeping its name, Rey said, "BB-8? Alright, hello BB-8, I am Rey, just Rey."

"And I am Amethyst Kenobi," Am stated, she saw the droid looked happy to see her, but why she wasn't sure. When Rey pointed out where he could go to find his master, Amethyst was realizing they would not get to Niima's post that day, so she was starting to walk away when she heard the droid beep and Rey asked, "Can he come with us?" Seeing the look the droid was giving (if one knew what a dog was giving the puppy eyes), Am let out a loud sigh to say, "Alright, he can come with us. But in Niima, he can part with us." Am almost had enough credits to buy that old freight that was under the sheets, but even then, she couldn't sleep that night. When she sat outside, BB-8 beeped at her, asking her if she was a Jedi as well.

"I am not sure about what you mean, little buddy, but I am not, only a scavenger. Have been my whole life with Rey." She said and sat quiet for the rest of the evening. She didn't sleep, but even then, she could not find much sleep with the fact she had been seeing a boy as if he was there with her, but when he or she looked away, he would disappear. And nightmares of when she was five haunted her a bit.
----

In Niima Outpost, Amethyst told Rey, "I will go first, you can go after me." Seeing Plutt, she said, "You look fine today, Plutt."

"Kenobi, no Rey with you this time?" Am shook her head, "No, she's with me, just getting her pieces from our efforts yesterday." Putting up her pieces, he said, "Three rations."

"Three? You would think closer to six each! And in that cruiser, there are only three of these pieces not destroyed. I won't go down from ten rations together."

"Five rations, unless you decided to sell that item on your waist." Am's hand went to the blade, but she refrained from activating it. "I would not give the last item of my mother's even if I was dying." She said, accepting the rations and when Rey went up, the girl got less, until he found the droid next to her and then offered thirty rations, which was more than the outpost trader would ever offer for one thing, so when Rey rejected it, she took her original payment of rations and the girls took off, Am stating, "I will get the speeder ready to go back." and as she left, she saw a man who looked like he had walked a few days in the desert and then the frantic beeping of BB-8 before she ran back, seeing Rey and BB-8 taking him down. When the man called himself a Resistance fighter, Am's ears picked up, and then the name Luke Skywalker was mentioned. "Wait, if they are after BB-8-" Am stopped when she saw a few troopers in front of them when she said, "Get out of here, the both of you. I will deal with them."

"Amethyst-" She heard Rey say as she reached for the item on her waist, and activating the Kyber crystal within and a violet blade came to life, Amethyst turned to her friend, "Go now, get out of here, and hope you find your family." As Am ran towards the troopers, she had taken down close to five before she got shot by a blaster grazing her shoulder and then she was surrounded.

----

Bound and blindfolded, Amethyst was stripped of her mother's lightsaber and the commanding trooper put it away on his person as she felt them going into orbit and then onto a cruiser, being dragged mostly. "Commander, the droid got away with FN-2187, and another scavenger, but we caught this one." Am felt her heart stop when she felt the presence, one that felt almost familiar to her, but yet not at all.

"And don't forget I took out five of you." She scoffed and then got hit in the back as she fell towards the floor, but she was a stubborn person. With two troopers picking her up to her feet, the commanding Trooper asked, "Which interrogation room will she be placed in?"

Kylo Ren was the most feared man in the galaxy. He was ruthless, he was powerful. And now he had a defector in his ranks who helped the resistance pilot escape. At the end of the day Kylo was not having it. He followed the pilots memories to Jakku, landing near Niima outpost to start looking for the droid. He needed that droid. He needed to end Luke Skywalker once and for all.

Once they landed he sent out troops in all directions, instructing all of them to contact him once they have any leads. He would be searching the outpost with his personal guards. With the amount of time the pilot was on the Finalizer, the droid was as good as scrap metal and he needed to find it. “Search the area, ask locals about an orange and white BB unit. And if you see resistance sympathizers, take them down.” Kylo unsheathed his lightsaber, walking into the outpost.

It didn’t take long for the until the BB unit was found, sending all his troops in that direction. That’s when he felt a strange pull. Something in the force. He hadn’t felt that since he left Luke’s temple. The jedi were no more, and he assumed all the force users were either recruited or dead. He turned back to his ship, planning to meet the prisoner they had captured. He wished the unit was captured but this will do for now. He could use this prisoner to get information and then execute them.

“You let the traitor and the BB unit get away.” It was a statement of bewilderment than in questioning. “But I see you captured a scavenger. Congratulations.” He sighed, motioning with his arm to take the prisoner in. “Put her in interrogation room 1. I’ll be in to interrogate her personally.” With that he went deeper into his ship, going to the command bridge.

Amethyst had swallowed hard, though she wasn't aware of her memories, she had not realized she had felt the same pull that had made him notice, but she kept her mouth shut after getting hit, knowing she could treat Plutt with her snarky sarcasm, she knew better now than to use it here. Soon being bound and then the binding covering her eyes removed, she was strapped to a torture device, not sure what to expect.

The commanding Trooper had gone to the command bridge, to hold out what was in his satchel, "We grabbed this off of the scavenger. Forgot to make mention of it to you, Commander." Phasma had come onto the bridge, and seeing the saber, she said, "Commander, is this scavenger another Jedi?"

---

Am had tried to remember how to clear her mind, knowing if it was too close to the surface, they would most likely be able to extract it from her mind easier. Taking a startling breath, she felt her muscles relax, and her mind started to clear, slowly, but was clearing.

Kylo watched from above, watching the prisoner get bound to the torture device. If she was a Jedi she could easily escape this place. The pilot could and he was simply a pilot, he managed to turn a trooper into a traitor. One of his loyals, turned against him. The thought was disgusting to Kylo. “Make sure she can’t escape. I want the strongest guards on watch. And I want you to immediately notify me if she so much as moves before I get to her cell.”

Kylo looked at the trooper, taking the satchel and immediately sliced through the poor guys chest. “That’s what happens when you forget to include important details in someone’s capture.” He pulled out the lightsaber, feeling an anger rise in him. This lightsaber. It was connected to him. This scavenger was connected to him somehow.

“The Jedi are no more. She is connected with the force, that’s it. If she has any use, shes now with us. If she just has information about the droid, she will meet her fate soon enough.” With that he started heading to the interrogation room to wait for the scavenger to come to.

On Jakku...

Poe had woken a bit after dawn, normally he would have slept until the sun was high in the sky as he looked around, not seeing Era anywhere, he slowly sat up, grimacing, but managed to get to his feet, and finding what was his, he took the items and placed them on his person. If he had gotten out of there and the First Order found he had been there, they would not spare the girl's life.

But... if he got away before they were to check here and someone catches him leaving Jakku, maybe he could spare Era from a certain ending, one that was ended horribly in his books. As he had started outside, he saw the girl sitting next to the door outside and he looked at her, "Oh, Era, I am surprised you are up still." he had a hand go to scratch his head, embarrassed that he had tried to leave at all.

On the Finalizer...

Amethyst had tried with blunt strength to get out of the bindings, but with no use. Anything to get out would be nice, at least Rey was gone and safely away from this kind of situation. A loud sigh escaped her as she tried to look around, even behind her as she saw two Stormtroopers, both pretty bulky and brutish taking over the watch on her, a grumble leaving her as she tried to cover up the fact she hadn't eaten in almost two days now.

Once she heard the door open behind her, Am rolled her eyes before making a sarcastic remark, "Let me guess... you're going to try and get the information you so desire from me and if I am no use, I will be terminated. I knew my looks wouldn't keep me from meeting death so early."

Last edited:
On Jakku-

Eras sleep schedule was fairly normal. She went to bed when the sun went down and woke up when it came back up. It saved her from having to use electricity or anything. Most electronics out in this part of the outer rim had to be replaced frequently. By adjusting her sleep schedule to how her worlds was, she saved herself the trouble. So as the sun was barely reaching the horizon she was up and cooking a small animal she caught the day before. Maybe she would go into the outpost for some food for the guy. He needed all the strength he could get to heal, and the sooner he healed the sooner he left and the less likely she would become a pawn in this war.

The winds of Jakku were typically some of the loudest sounds on the planet, especially in the peaceful morning. So she was quite surprised when a tall shadow appeared next to her outside her hut. Thank the maker he was able to walk, maybe they could part ways sooner than she thought. “It’s Era.” She reminded him, gathering her supplies up. “It seems your injuries are healing nicely if you’re able to walk without much pain. Im afraid I don’t really have food here, we’d have to go to the actual outpost if you’re hungry. If you’re not ready for that venture, you can stay here and rest.”

On the Finalizer-
The doors to the interrogation room opened, revealing the back of the device that had the girl strapped and bounded. She had an overwhelming feeling of stubbornness already, he hadn’t even spoke yet. The girl was protecting something. As he walked in he tried to prod at her mind, she had a wall against him though. And there was that connection to the force.

“Unless you prove yourself useful beyond that, maybe your life will be spared. You could join us bring peace to the galaxy. You would have a life worth living, something more than just digging through sand all day.” Kylo walked over to her, eyeing her through the mask. She didn’t look familiar but he recognized that force prescence. “Tell me what you know about the Jedi.”

On jakku-

He thought of getting off Jakku a lot sooner, somewhat tempted to take her up on her offer, but decided if he had left and got to Leia without BB-8, he wouldn't hear the end of it. "I think maybe I can spend another day. Without my droid, I won't get far anyways." he joked before finding a spot to sit down. A small grimace as the actions jolted his bruised ribs, and his back was a bit bruised from the crash as well.

"Do you know much about ships? Considering you are a scavenger, maybe you know how to fix them?" He questioned, maybe if he was to coax Era to come with him, she would be an asset for the Resistance. "Also, the Resistance is just as guilty as the First Order, but the First Order has a plan to destroy opposing planets, if you aren't aware of the Death Star, that could destroy one planet, this other plan.... it can destroy a whole system without needing to recharge."

On the Finalizer-

The Jedi? Am scoffed at that as she said, "Only a story, Luke Skywalker is the only one left and you are trying to locate him. I grew up with my mother as scavengers. But you don't have to worry about looking for her.. She isn't around anymore," she felt a small sting of a tear, remembering that day, but also the confusion of her mother disappearing once Lenora had passed away.

"The item that was taken from me, is the only thing I have to her." she noted sadly, Am wasn't able to visit her mother's grave, she had no clue where her mother's body was. "So if you do think I am no use to you, make sure to have it on me when I am disposed of." A taunt, but she wanted her mother close by when her end came.

“With those bruised ribs, I don’t think you’re getting that far anyway. The pain will have you crippled within a few steps.” It wouldn’t be the first time someone asked if she would join the resistance. It also wouldn’t be the first time someone asked her to join any kind of war effort. Fighting was not what she wanted to spend her life doing. She didn’t believe in either sides cause, she just wanted to be left alone. Maybe figure out her past at some point but it’s been so long now Era did not care where she came from. Things have changed, she has changed. Whoever she was before this didn’t matter anymore.

“I understand both sides are guilty but you must understand that maybe you’re led to believe one is worse than the other. If your plan is to recruit me, I’m sorry I don’t believe in either cause. I just want to be able to live as I am and make my own life. So far, things have been okay for me. I know about ships, I fix them for the outpost. I build. I’m good at what I do, but I have no intention of putting my life on any lines. I’m sorry.” Era stood up, taking her things inside. “I commend you for having something to fight for but I have already lost my life once, I would like to be able to remember something. To have memories to look back on. Fighting a war is not the right path for me Mr. Dameron.”

The Finalizer-
Her mother couldn’t have been *just* a scavenger. There was something special about her family, he knew there was. Maybe she didn’t know, or perhaps this girl didn’t want to know. Kylo circled around her like a vulture, trying to pick at her mind slowly. She was guarded still. He could easily break her.

His hand went to his waist, unlatching his lightsaber. “Do you know what this is and the significance of a weapon like this?” He asked calmly, toying around with the hilt for a second before igniting it. He swung the blade close to her neck, letting a few strands of hair burn from being so close.

On Jakku-

"What if... I was to help you remember who you were. Is there something you do remember from your past? Or if your mother and father were alive before you lost your memories?" He looked at her, wondering who she might have been, "What of your full name, Era? Do you remember that much? I am familiar with the surnames, like Organa is from Alderaan. Kenobi is more familiar in Stewjon, don't ask me where that is, I have not gone to it." he stated with a chuckle.

"I think you would enjoy, whether you believe in the cause or not, the droids and ships are in overabundance and not many mechs on hand to help repair them, I had to take up a bit to fix my own ship at one point." he noted, and then said, "Whether you like it or not, you are stuck in an issue that may cost your life if the First Order learns of me here. I would not like to have your death on my hands if I found you were killed for being a Samaritain to help me out."

On the Finalizer-

Am didn't really flinch, as the hum of the blade came close to her skin, the energy from the crystal heating her neck as she said, "It's a lightsaber. And with the red coloring, you're part of the Sith. I know the stories." She said, remembering the one thing her mother had taught her which was not to fear what she didn't know or understood. This was a decent case of not to fear.

The one thing Lenora- a memory had flashed through her mind as she remembered how fragile her mother was, as she wasted away and felt the memory being showed to him as well as she knew this one didn't have Rey in it. Rey had at that point gone outside to cry as Lenora took her daughter's hand to give her the lightsaber the woman had. "Be brave, my little kenobi." Lenora had said as she started a coughing fit. A tear fell as Am felt the memory fade and looked at him, "Please... don't force me.."

On Jakku-
“I don’t know anything Dameron, all I know is I’ve been living here. I’ve been on my own and have been fine for years now. If I knew anything about my family I would have done something by now, I would have left. But I don’t. None of those names even sound vaguely familiar.” She laughed pitifully, putting away her tools. “My name is Era. I was born off planet, somewhere near the core system people seem to guess off of my accent. I am a mechanic who prefers to be away from causes that might kill me.” Era went back outside, holding her hands out for Poe.

She appreciated how stubborn he is, but she knew it was a lost cause to argue. She just wished he realized that. “You can’t deal with my death on your hands when I’m a civilian, yet if the First Order found out I was a mechanic for the Resistance. I would be dead along with many other creatures who were civilians before you dragged them into your war.” Era was getting heated about this, but she couldn’t stop. She could be stubborn too. “A side note from a mechanic, stop causing irreparable damage to your ships and astromechs. We appreciate not being treated as repair bots. I think I should speak for the medics that unfortunately have to deal with you every time.”

On the Finalizer-
She knew of the Jedi, why was she so insistent on hiding. He pressed a little further into her mind, seeing a flash of a woman. A very sickly looking woman, he recognized her only so very vaguely. This girl had to be a Jedi, Luke must have trained one more. “So you know more than you’ve let on.” He put his light saber back, letting one hand reach out and gently touch her forehead. “I recommend not hiding anything from me, not if you wish to see that other scavenger girl.”

He pulled his hand back slowly as he was locked out of that part of her mind. Instead he saw that woman again, pressing harder got him nowhere but he kept at it. Kylo could feel his own fatigue catching up. Using the force as this was a tiring practice, especially after the days events. “You know your past. Don’t hurt yourself more by hiding it. You know I’m right.” He spoke softly, honestly trying to coax a confession out of the girl

On Jakku-

"If they find out you helped a Resistance fighter, you will be looked upon as a resistance sympathizer. Either way, pulling me out of the rubble and getting me on the mend, already put your life in danger." he said, taking hold of her hand and getting help up, he then squeezed her hand, "Whether you knew it or not, I think the Force has brought you to meet me for a reason." he noted to her.

Heading inside, he took a seat on the chair, knowing she was against fighting, but if she knew what the First Order was capable of, she might change her mind. "Years ago, I heard a story of someone who thought to be a farmer's son, nothing to think of though he wanted to join the fighters on Tatooine, he learned afterwards that he was just more than a farmer's boy, a boy whose father had taken out millions of lives in a matter of seconds.

"What I am getting to is that the Force knows how some things are going to happen, whether we like it or not. I saw the First Order, first hand, kill women and children because they had helped me get the map, and even with you knowing about it will be a death sentence already. Come with me, at least when I get where I need to go, I can bring you back to a planet of your choice. You must hate the sand."

On the Finalizer-

Am had started to break down in tears, each time she saw her mother, it was when she was about to pass and turn into nothing. When he threatened to tell her that he would use Rey against her, Am felt a sob rock her as she found a memory of her mother when she was five years old telling her things about forgetting things and she had repeated at the end, "you remember nothing of Luke Skywalker nor his nephew, Ben Solo." She had spoken the words as she finally found some small strength to push him out of her mind. She felt him starting to get tired.

"Please, I don't remember more than that," She closed her eyes, her stubbornness becoming more of a desperation to keep him out of her mind and not to pull anymore painful memories up of her mother. But, she felt the push again, this time she had entered his mind and saw what he had done, which broke what all she had forgotten as a child. "Ben...." She recognized him if barely, the person who had been so nice to her as she was a child, had caused all of that.

"I don't remember much, but I do know who you are... Ben Solo."

Jakku-

“The First Order has no business in this part of Jakku, I am not in danger. Besides I’ve heard the stories, if I comply then they will spare me. After I drop you off at niima outpost I will know nothing of your whereabouts. My life nor yours will be in any more danger than it normally is.” She sat down across from him, her eyes narrowed as he continued to talk about this.

She didn’t care much for the force, era didn’t even really believe it in. There were no force users on Jakku, everyone was plain. They knew of the force but it was a legend, they all knew it was. “The force is a legend made to inspire rebellion. Give people hope that even the plainest person could have some special quality. You crashed here because you were unsuccessful in your mission, not because some invisible force brought us together.”

She let out a small sigh. “I appreciate the concern, but I’m a big girl. I’ve handled myself all these years. Like I said, I have nothing left. Jakku is all I know and all I want to know. Any planets you know, the First Order knows and I don’t want to put myself into this war.”

Finalizer-

Kylo pushed harder at the girls mind, trying to dig deeper. Finally he broke through. Her memories though, shook him to the core. She knew who he was, he was right. The girl was connected to him in a more complicated way than he thought. They were children together, back when the world was fake. When he was blind to how everything in the galaxy truly worked.

At her words Kylo retreated, pulling back from her mind sharply. His hand twitched for his lightsaber, ready to cut her down right there. She had information he needed. So he let out a groan and stormed out of the room, leaving her for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back