• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom PMD - The Disappearing Law (Riolux & Runesage)

"We can definitely handle it. It'll be a piece of cake!" he said confidently, hoping to spread that confidence to his partner as well. "What better way to prove ourselves, right?" he asked his friend.

Runesage Runesage

"Right." Lyle said, as they headed out of the room. "Outlaws, or Jobs... Probably a mix of both. Let's do three jobs, then an Outlaw." He peered through the bulletin boards. "Here we go. Two rescues, retrieve an item, get back a stolen item. All of these are for the Whispering Cliffs dungeon. We'll see lots of flying types, and I've heard there's some rock, water, and ghost types there. Sounds like just the place for us, right Luca?"

Riolux Riolux

"For sure. I'll pick out the Outlaw. Hmmm..." he said as he started looking through them. They really needed a challenge, but the identified Outlaws weren't at that dungeon. "Hey, there's an unknown one. Unidentified Pokemon thought to have fled to Whispering Cliffs following a burglary. Last spotted on Floor 8. What do you think, Lyle?" he asked his partner.

Runesage Runesage

"That sounds good to me. Let's get going!" He was trying to put on a brave face, but he continued to think of Mina as the team checked their supplies, organized their Bag, and traveled to the dungeon. "So our missions are rescue a Machop on 3F, find a Trawl Orb on 5F, rescue a Shelmet on 7F, and retrieve a stolen item on 8F. Sounds like a plan. Let's get going."

Riolux Riolux

"Got it." he replied simply. After a few floors, they'd found 2 Oran Berries and a Pecha Berry as well as battled 5 opponents before reaching the 3rd floor. "So we're here. I'm guessing we just look around for them right? But do we have to bring them along the rest of the way? Sounds kinda dangerous." he admitted.

Runesage Runesage

"I don't think so. I think it works like the Outlaws, where they get warped out of the dungeon. Maybe we can stay after we finish the mission." Lyle said as he peered around the room. "Lets get going before that Machop gets into any trouble." They moved through the hallways, battling a Spearow and a Nincada on the way, and stopped in a large room. "There he is!" Lyle said, pointing at the Machop. "Let's go!"

Riolux Riolux

"Right," he said, leading them to the Machop who flinched for a second before realizing they were wearing badges. "Are you here to rescue me?" they asked to which Luca nodded. "You bet. Now, Lyle, uh...how do these badges work again?" Luca asked, rubbing the back of his head in an almost embarrassed manner.

Runesage Runesage

"Sorry, this is our first time with an actual rescue. We've only done retrieve and Outlaw missions before." Lyle said, just as embarrassed as Luca.

"No problem. You hold out the badge, and I touch the gem in the center of it, and the Badge takes care of the rest." The Machop said.

"What if we have another job after this?" Lyle asked.

"Mission stacking already? Wow you two are go-getters." The Machop smiled. "You two just want to stay. It's as easy as that."

"Thanks." Lyle said, and they completed the rescue mission. "Well, he was helpful. On to the next mission?"

Riolux Riolux

"Yeah. Hope we're not the only ones that had that problem starting out. Anywho our next mission is to find a Trawl Orb on the fifth floor. Any idea what it looks like?" Luca asked as he started guiding them towards the stairs. Things seemed a bit quieter on this floor after things died down, but for some reason, Luca was on edge. 'I've got this terrible feeling right now, geez.' he thought to himself.
Runesage Runesage

Lyle nodded. "It's an orb, kind of like the Escape Orb we've got in our pack, but it's a bit darker green, and it seems to pull you while you hold it. I've used them to steal from Kecleon shops in dungeons before." A moment passed. "But that's all in the past!" Lyle affirmed nervously. Truth be told, he was enjoying being an explorer more than a thief, but he still wanted a chance to use his old skills. He noticed Luca looking around, and he too paused at the unusual silence. "It's too quiet here." Lyle said as they went up the stairs. "How about we get these missions done quick."

Riolux Riolux

They reached the next floor in a small room with two exits with one being east and the other, south. Luca leading them down the south exit, he stumbled to a stop. In this room was several orbs, healing items, and Wonder Tiles. "Lyle, this smells like a trap..." he said, his fur bristling a bit.

Runesage Runesage

"Oh. Oh no. That's definitely a trap." Lyle said. "That's a whole lot of bait. And, unfortunately, I think we have to go in." Lyle pointed into the room. "I think that that's the Trawl Orb right there." Lyle sighed. "I've heard about these rooms before. I think they're called Monster Houses. 'Mons will drop from the ceiling and we'll be in for a rough ride. However." Lyle brightened. "That's a Petrify Orb." Lyle pointed at a different orb on the ground. "If we get it, we can freeze all of the enemies in the room, and either take them out one at a time, or just grab the Trawl Orb and dash. You're call, but we've got to get that Petrify orb first."

Riolux Riolux

"That Petrify Orbs about 3 steps into the room. We're gonna have to focus solely on it...unless...can you cover me for a few steps while I go for it? Then we dash for it. After all, we've got more people waiting for us, right?" he suggested since they were sort of pressed for time as they still had another rescue and an Outlaw to deal with. Better to wrap it up now so they could get home and rest as well.
Runesage Runesage

"Well, you know time works weird. I don't think that we can actually spend the night in a dungeon, but yeah, we should hurry. I'll cover you." Lyle said, as he prepared to use Signal Beam. As they stepped into the room, 8 Pokemon dropped from the sky, not leaving a path to the Petrify Orb. "Well crap. Luca, you can use Dark Pulse to hit everything around you!" Lyle informed as he shot his Signal Beam at the Lotad that was between Luca and the Petrify Orb.

Riolux Riolux

"Got it!" Luca replied, blasting those surrounding him with Dark Pulse. It connected with a Pidgey, but the other two targets, another Pidgey and a Roggenrola, managed to avoid it, much to Luca's chagrin as they retaliated, hitting him with Tackle and Quick Attack respectively. He yelped as they made contact, cringing in pain. "Taking a beating here. A little help?"

Runesage Runesage

"Here, catch!" Lyle tossed an Oran Berry to Luca. The Pidgey was in range of Lyle's attacks, and so Lyle used Spark to knock it out. "There's only one in range. Take him out, and we'll switch places for the next wave of enemies." Lyle said. There was the Roggenrola still in the room, as well as a Gastley, a Seel, another Roggenrola, and a Surskit still in the room.

Riolux Riolux

"Hold up. If we don't get that orb, we're gonna get knocked out." Luca said after eating the berry. He finished off the Roggenrola as the Gastly and Roggenrola moved in towards Lyle, the Gastly using Astonish while the Roggenrola used Rock Throw. The Surskit and Seel moved in on Luca, the Surskit using Leech Life, which Luca dodged, but the Seel hit him with Water Gun.

Runesage Runesage

"Right, right." Lyle said, taking a step diagonally. This would force the Gastley and Roggenrola to take a step after him instead of attacking, and also moved him closer to the Petrify orb. The Gastly actually moved into range of Luca's Dark Pulse, meaning that Luca could potentially hit three people with attack.

Riolux Riolux

Luca smirked as he himself noticed. Firing off another Dark Pulse, he hit the Gastly dead on, fainting it, and hit the Surskit and Seel as well, both of whom were nearly finished as well. However, this attack was met with retaliation, with both the Seel and Surskit landing a Water Gun and a Bubble respectively. The attacks certainly stung, but Luca was hanging in there. "Geez. They just don't know when to quit."

Runesage Runesage

"Just one more step." Lyle said, moving towards the Petrify orb. The Roggenrola used Rock Polish, speeding him up, and allowing him to move and attack Lyle with a Rock Throw. "I can last another hit, and I'll grab the Petrify Orb. Actually, we might not need it, if you can take out those two with a Dark Pulse. I'll just eat a berry and we can take out this Roggenrola after."

Riolux Riolux

"You got it. This battle's a cinch, huh?" he asked as he smacked the two with Dark Pulse again, knocking them out and leaving the Roggenrola as the last assailant. "Now's your chance, Lyle. That Roggenrola's the last enemy so take 'em out!" he said supportively.
Runesage Runesage

Lyle nodded. He could take another hit, but the Roggenrola hadn't taken any damage yet. Glowing energy gathered between his hands as he struck the Roggenrola with a Signal Beam. The Roggenrola staggered back, dazed and confused. He stepped to the side instead of attacking, and Lyle finished the Roggenrola off with a Spark. "Whew... That was rough. Let's gather up all these items, and get to the next floor before we have to deal with more of these things."

Riolux Riolux

"Gotcha. Hey, we did pretty well. We ended up not needing the Petrify Orb after all." Luca said with a proud smile as they walked through the floor. Soon, they discovered the stairs to the next floor, much to Luca's relief. "What floor are we on now? I sorta forgot..." he admitted sheepishly.
Runesage Runesage

"Sixth floor. No missions on this floor, and luckily the stairs are right there. I'm not interested in exploring the rest of the floor, we've been gone so long." Lyle said as they made their way to the stairs. "The next floor has us rescuing a Shelmet though, so we'd better hurry up and do that. We still have to retrieve that stolen item."

Riolux Riolux

"Right. Let's get a move on." Luca replied and dashed up the staircase. Upon entering the next floor, they were at a four-way intersection, which caused Luca to groan. "Great. This is gonna take forever. Any suggestions as to which way we go?" Luca asked, turning to Lyle.
Runesage Runesage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back