• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom PMD - The Disappearing Law (Riolux & Runesage)

"Let's go for it!" Lyle cheered. Energy gathered and shot from his hands a the Timburr, not knocking him out, but confusing him with the disorienting brightness. "He's out of the question for now. Lemme give you a boost really quick." He used Helping Hand, enhancing Luca's next attack.
Riolux Riolux

"Alrighty!" he said, firing a Dark Pulse towards the Geodude. It seemed to hit it really hard, but the Geodude seemed to be somehow hanging in there. "What the heck is this guy made of?!" Luca said, surprised by it's resilience. Luca was sure the boost would've knocked it out. Suddenly, the Rufflet sent a gust of wind at him, flinging Luca against a wall. The collision hadn't hurt much, but it separated the two of them. "Oof!"

Runesage Runesage

"Luca, you all right?" Lyle asked. "Yeah, your're fine." He said answering his own question. "It could be because some Geodude are, well, sturdier than others." He chuckled a little bit, then sobered. "Seriously though, another good hit should take care of the Geodude. I'll get the Rufflet for you, don't worry." Lyle rammed the Rufflet with a Spark, knocking it out.

Riolux Riolux

Last edited:
"Haha...alright then," he said, standing up. He wasn't too thrilled about getting thrown about, but Lyle had put an end to that threat. As he hit the Geodude with another Dark Pulse, however, the Timburr snapped out of it's confusion and looked none to happy. It seemed ready to attack Lyle, however, for being the cause of it's anger.
Runesage Runesage

"You can't hit me from there!" Lyle taunted joyfully. "HA!" He sped at blinding speed with a Quick Attack, knocking into the Timburr, who was promptly knocked out. "Whew! That was fun!" Lyle said happily. "Let's get going! Adventure awaits!" He paused for a second. "You all right Luca?" Lyle asked

Riolux Riolux

"Yeah. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Thought getting blown into a wall would've...hurt more. Ah well. Dungeon logic I guess. Let's go and beat the snot out of that SIgilyph, huh?" he said to his partner, ready to go and finish up this dungeon. They still had a ways to go, but there didn't seem to be many threats in this dungeon despite some type-disadvantages.

Runesage Runesage

"Let's do it!"
Lyle and Luca arrive at 9F. Overall finishing inventory: 5 Apples, 4 Oran Berries, 4 Max Elixirs, 1 Pecha Berry, 2 Blast Seeds, 1 Tiny Reviver Seed, 1 Escape Orb. Total Gold: 865 Poke. Encountered a total of 33 enemies, defeated them all. Both Lyle and Luca Leveled up 2 times.

"This is it. This is 9F." Lyle said as they were going up the stairs. As they got close to the top, Lyle spotted the Sigilyph and gestured to Luca to keep down. He crept forward, not actually leaving the stairs, and watched the Sigilyph, for a minute, then went back down to Luca. "He seems to be nervous, but not nervous enough to flee if we approach him. Also, while we may have the type advantage, he looks really strong. Stronger than anything in this dungeon. Are you ready for this?"

Riolux Riolux

"What're you worried about, Lyle? We've got this. He doesn't stand a chance." Luca said confidently. "So let's knock him out of the sky and wrap this mission up!" he finished. Leading Lyle over, he began to charge up a Dark Pulse until the Sigilyph whipped around, spotting them. "What? Who're you?! Answer me!" he said, entering an aggressive stance as his wings glowed a bit.

Runesage Runesage

"Exploration Team! You're under arrest!" Lyle shouted.

"Huh, not likely!" The Sigilyph replied, psychic energy swirling around him. "Why don't you come and get me!" A powerful Psyshock appeared around Lyle.

"WAH!" Lyle jumped back, only getting hit by the edge of it. "What is it with psychic types and Psyshock? Grr... Take This!" He rammed into the Sigilyph with a his Spark attack.

Riolux Riolux

"Hey there, Lyle! Don't take all the fun!" he said, firing a Dark Pulse at the Sigilyph as both attacks connected, sending him floating backwards and almost forcing it to the ground before he steadied himself. "Of for Arceus' sake..." he muttered as he seemed to be paralyzed. However, he had a solution. Glowing, he used Psycho Shift, transferring his status move to Luca, who yelped in surprise as it became hard to move.
Runesage Runesage

"Luca!" Lyle shouted. He turned to the Sigilyph. "You shouldn't have done that." He tossed a Blast Seed to Luca, because the paralysis wouldn't actually stop him from eating it. "You're going to jail!" Lyle rammed the Sigilyph with another Spark attack, this time fully paralyzing the Sigilyph, preventing him from using any attacking or status moves. "You'll be sorry!" Lyle said, as the paralysis slowed Sigilyph enough to allow Lyle to take a second attack, ramming into him again with a Critical Hit Spark.
Riolux Riolux

Luca groaned, but between the Blast Seed he'd been fed, which had hit the Sigilyph, and Lyle's two super-effective moves, the outlaw was knocked out with a groan. Luca shuddered as the paralysis finally wore off. "Oof. That stunk. Sorry, Lyle." Luca apologized, feeling bad for the relatively small part in the battle.

Runesage Runesage

"No, no. It's fine." Lyle said, but he was a little bit taken aback about how angry he'd gotten. "Anyway, let's get him out of here." Lyle held up his Explorer Badge, and a golden light transported himself, Luca, and the Sigilyph out of the dungeon. That same golden light formed a prismatic prison around the Sigilyph, keeping him trapped. "How do we get back from here?" Lyle asked.

"Not a problem. I can take you." Trill's voice said from behind them.

"Oh for Arceus's sake..." Lyle said after he'd settled down from that shock. "Do you have to come up behind us every time?"

"Keeps you two from sneaking up on me, doesn't it?" Trill said. "I've found out some news, but it should probably wait until we're back and after dinner."

Riolux Riolux

Luca sighed, but nodded. "I'd argue, but with you, it's utterly pointless." Luca said, slightly irritated. "C'mon, Lyle. Our food'll get cold. Or worse. Stolen." he told his partner as he started heading over to the mess hall
Runesage Runesage

"Yeah yeah. I hear you." Lyle said, but Trill stepped in their way.

"You haven't collected the bounty yet. Might want to do that." Trill said.

"Oh right!" Lyle said. They turned over the Sigilyph to Officer Gumshoos, then went to dinner.

Afterwards...

"Come on in, you two." The Captain's voice came from his office. The pair went into the room. "The news that Trill unearthed today is rather important to you in particular." He said to Lyle.

"Me? What could be..." Lyle said. He remembered the earlier conversation and paled. "No... Please..."

"Mina's disappeared. Nobody's seen her at all today, not even the Shades know where she is." Trill said. "We have to wait for more information, but I'm doing everything I can to find her. Give me two days, and if I can't unearth anything, the captain and I will go personally to search for her.

Riolux Riolux

"So wait. You want us to sit around and rely on two people that rarely tell us anything until it'd be dumb to lie about it to find Lyle's friend when Lyle might know where she might go to hide or who might go after her to hurt her besides your mirror-jumping psychos? Am I hearing that right?" Luca said a bit bitterly.
Runesage Runesage

Trill and the Captain looked at each other. "Well... do you know about the 'mirror jumping psychos?'" Trill said.

Lyle shook his head despondently. "No, but Mina's practically family. I have to search for her as well."

Trill sighed. "I'm going to be going into Mirror City. Through the Passage. You know that means that more Pokemon like the Bronzong will be there waiting. Stronger Pokemon too."

Lyle nodded. "That doesn't matter. Mina is... too important to me. I have to help."

At this, Trill and the Captain looked at each other again, seeming to have a wordless conversation. "I need one day to prepare for the trip at least. There's some supplies and cash that I have hidden out. VERY rare supplies." Trill said. "And then we'll need another day to teach you two how to navigate the Passage, in case we get separated. I suggest you two going on a tough mission tomorrow to get ready. Maybe two or three in the same dungeon at that. It'll get you two well stocked up for the mission."

"You mean we can come?" Lyle asked.

"Yep. Also, speaking of supplies..." The Captain held out his hand. "Might I see your Treasure Bag?" Lyle handed it over, and the Captain held the bag for a second. It glowed, and then he handed it back. "It's bigger now. Go get some sleep you two. Unless, of course," the Captain chuckled, "our resident interrogator would like to ask a few more questions." He said gesturing at Luca.

Riolux Riolux

"Hey you do it to yourselves. Fine with me to keep your life stories and real names and stuff to yourselves, but when it comes to me and my friend, I'll dig for answers." Luca said honestly. Luca went into deep thought for a bit, trying to think back on something. "Hey the Serperior at the front said Zorua usually keep to themselves. Why's that?"

"Oh, of all the things..." Lyle began.

Trill chuckled. "It's a fair question Lyle." He turned to Luca. "It's the illusions. Most Zorua and Zoroakr never even come to town looking like themselves, if they're honest. When Zorua are around and anything goes wrong, they're usually the ones who get blamed. They have it worse than Absols. Everyone thinks that they're constantly generating illusions to mess with others, and there have been Zorua and Zoroark who have done that, so it's not without reason. There's one simple test to see whether something's an illusion or not, though."

"Fire." Lyle said. "Fire's light shifts too much for a Zoroark to be able to accurately portray their shadow."

The Captain nodded. "Generally Zorua avoid larger towns and cities because of that distrust. I have heard of Zoroarks who have set up in small towns peacefully. They have to work to be accepted, though."

"They're also really popular with kids." Lyle said. "Kids love the way that they can seem to bend reality, but that makes their parent's nervous for those previous reasons."

Riolux Riolux

"Wait illusions? I can do that sort of stuff?" he raised an eyebrow, the gears turning in his head, obviously intrigued to learn this. "Don't suppose it'd be so easy as to tell me how, huh? Sort of unique to the species I am." he said, though he was really hinting at how badly he wanted Trill to prove him wrong.
Runesage Runesage

"You're right, it's not easy." Trill said. "I wouldn't be able to help you even if I was a Zoroark."

Lyle nodded. "My old Chief said that each Zoroark's source of illusions was different, kind of like how each Absol senses disasters differently. He knew of a Zoroark who couldn't create illusions without being entirely drunk, and another one who had to have at least 7 people around him to make an illusion. My old Chief never told me his limit. I'm not even sure if he had one."

"Old Chief?" The Captain asked. "Ah, you ran with the Disa. Yes, he never seemed to have a limit. Some of the more gossipy explorers said he could create illusions that could withstand flames, and others that would actually hurt you."

Riolux Riolux

"Great. So odds are, I'm gonna be the only one that can't. Makes sense, all things considered." Luca said rather glumly. He hated being so unused to everything. He could barely remember a thing about being human, but it threw him off being the way he was and he felt it was blatantly obvious all things considered. Between fighting and even doing something that apparently came natural to his species, it was really starting to grate on him. "Guess we better prepare ourselves for the trip, huh? Hate to slow ya down, Trill, but I for one am not lettin' ya run off on your own this time. Considering who's involved, I doubt my friend here will either." he said, looking to Lyle. "And if you try to leave us behind..." Luca finished, knowing Trill was a tricky one.

Runesage Runesage

"Why would I do that?" Trill stormed off to his room, looking legitimately hurt. The Captain looked after him.

"Huh. Now he's going to sulk for the rest of tonight, and possibly tomorrow. He may have been a thief at one point, and a reckless one at that, but he's never lied, and he hates being called a liar." The Captain sighed. "He may talk around the truth sometimes and hold his secrets close, but his personal honor is worth more to him than anything. If he tells you that you something, believe it."

Lyle nodded somberly. "Come on Luca, let's get some sleep."

Riolux Riolux

"Wait. Sir, with all due respect to both you and the Chief, it had nothing to do with him personally. It could be the nicest person in the world telling us this and I'd have said the same thing. It's not that I think he'd lie. It's that...well...to be honest. Lyle and I? We're kids. It'd be...completely understandable if he did pull something. The fact that he's willing to take us is nice, but...I wouldn't be able to stay truly mad if he didn't," Luca explained. "Tell Chief that next you see him, please? I didn't mean it personally." he finished before looking to Lyle. "Now we can go."
Runesage Runesage

The Captain sighed. "Such a cynical view of the world at such a young age. I wonder what it's like in the human world to cause such a sad existence." He looked up at Luca. "I'll make sure to let him know next time I see him. In the meantime, make sure you get some rest. It's going to get really busy over the next few days."

Lyle nodded. "Thank you, Captain." He said, and they went to bed.

The Next Morning...

"Rise and shine Luca." Lyle said from the front of the room. "The Chief left this here." A small letter was in his hands, simply reading "I'll be back in the morning. Do your best today. If you get four missions done, there will be a gift from me."

"What do you think Luca? Should we go for it?"

Riolux Riolux

Users who are viewing this thread

Back