• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom PMD - The Disappearing Law (Riolux & Runesage)

"Hmm... I don't think it matters. Let's head... That way." Lyle pointed down the northern hallway, and they began to head off. As they were walking through the hallway, Lyle muttered. "Don't look Luca, but there's a Gastly in the wall. I don't even know how to begin fighting it, unless we get out of this hallway."

Riolux Riolux

Luca groaned. "Let me guess. It can float through walls cause they're a ghost, right?" he asked, more annoyed than anything, though it was a rhetorical question. "Alright. Let's keep moving. It has to move to follow us so we can force it to follow us out of the hallway. We might take few knocks on turns, but I think we can make it." he suggested.
Runesage Runesage

"Yep. Let's go." They continued walking, with Lyle taking a few hits of Astonish, and they entered another room. Luckily, the Defense Scarf that Lyle was wearing helped him not take too much damage. A Dragonair was in the room, sleeping, as they moved into the room. The Gastly followed them out of the wall and Lyle immediately struck him with a Spark. "Let's not wake the sleeping dragon if we can't help it." He said as the Gastly used Spite. "Aaaaand... I can't use Spark anymore. Great."

Riolux Riolux

"Wh-what's a Dragonair doing here?" he whispered as he smacked the Gastly with Dark Pulse, fainting it. "How difficult is this dungeon?" he asked, a concerned look on his face as he looked over to it. For the first time, he was legitimately fearful of their chances. 'What if the next one we run into isn't asleep.' he thought to himself.
Runesage Runesage

"Luckily it's asleep, and if you look there," Lyle pointed. "It's holding an Invisify Orb. That's one of the rarest items that there is. I guess this is the Dungeons way of rewarding you for defeating a tough enemy." Lyle really wanted to creep closer and lift the Invisify orb, but he knew better. "Come on. Let's get to the next room. The Shelmet's waiting."

Riolux Riolux

"If they're even down this path..." he said with a sigh as he kept on moving. Luckily enough, they were and they smiled to the duo, almost to the verge of tears. "A-are you two here to save me?" they asked to which Luca responded with a nod, presenting his badge. The Shelmet thanked them once again and beamed out. "Feels good to save Pokemon, huh?" Luca asked his friend.
Runesage Runesage

"Feels good man." Lyle said as they continued through the dungeon. As they headed up the stairs, Lyle thought about how he really did enjoy helping Pokemon. Being with Luca was... different from being with Mina, but it was still just as enjoyable an adventure. It was also more rewarding in some ways. "Last floor. We have to retrieve a stolen Joy Ribbon. It doesn't say who stole it though, so keep a lookout for any suspicious characters. Other than me, of course."

Riolux Riolux

"How're you suspicious, Lyle?" Luca asked, raising an eyebrow. Even after Lyle confessed to being a sort of ex-criminal, he struck Luca as trustworthy due to his personal admittance and the fact that, instead of say, duping the amnesiac Zorua, he instead showed him around town and even helped him find a place to stay and a job. While Captain and Trill helped them, they kept too many secrets, making Lyle Luca's only real friend at the moment. As they walked, however, he spotted a Pokemon that certainly didn't fit in here. A Zigzagoon holding a strange ribbon which Luca assumed was the Joy Ribbon.

Runesage Runesage

Lyle chuckled. "I guess I'm not too suspicious now, but if you'd seen me a couple of years ago, you would say something a little bit different." Lyle spotted the Zigzagoon, and gestured slightly. "Yep, that's the Joy Ribbon all right. Hold this." Lyle handed Luca a Blast Seed. "If he looks like he's struggling, hit him with that. Lets get going." Lyle gathered energy between his hands and used Signal Beam on the Zigzagoon.

Riolux Riolux

The Zigzagoon looked over and yelped as it hit, becoming confused as it stumbled around. "Aren't we supposed to give him the option to, y'know, surrender?" he asked as he started moving towards it, the Zigzagoon unable to hit them from there and stumbling to it's left.

Runesage Runesage

"The mission isn't to arrest him; it's just to get the item. We don't have a warrant for his arrest. We can give his description to the Guild, and they can get a warrant, but right now our job is to get the item." Lyle took another step. "And we can just... do..." Lyle brushed past the Zigzagoon, lifting the Joy ribbon from his confused paws. "That. That is how you lift an item without using thief or covet, by the way. I honestly didn't know if I could pull that off in a Mystery dungeon, but let's get out of here before the confusion wears off." Lyle raised his badge and they were warped out of the dungeon. "So now we turn these in?" Lyle said, holding the completed missions.

Riolux Riolux

Luca was frowning despite them having completed the missions. "Lyle was that the right thing to do? Crook or not, you know what that dungeon will eventually do to them, right? Are Outlaws protected somehow or...?" Luca asked his partner, hoping he was simply ignorant. He didn't like the thought of leaving someone to go feral.

Runesage Runesage

"Trust me. The first thing he'll do, if he's any good as a thief, when he sees he doesn't have the item is get out of the dungeon. He was near the end anyway. He'll then go into deep hiding for a few months while the search for him dies down, and then maybe he'll come out of hiding again." He paused. "Generally Outlaws have enough mental strength to resist the effects of the dungeon until they get out. If he doesn't get out right away though..." Lyle thought for a minute. "I guess next time we should knock him out so the dungeon warps him out. Sorry Luca."

Riolux Riolux

"It's fine. Hopefully, if something goes wrong, someone that cares will put up a Rescue for them at least," he said optimistically. "Anyway, let's turn in these missions then get some dinner. Sound good?" he asked as he started towards the Guild's check-in area. They'd done a lot today and he very much hoped that it would prepare them for tomorrow's training and the long trip afterward.

Runesage Runesage

"Yep" They turned in each of the missions and their rewards were around 600 Poke, Two Reviver seeds, a Gold Ribbon, 10 Silver Spikes, and a Max Elixir. They ate dinner and went to bed, Trill still not returned from acquiring his supplies. They woke up the next morning and the Captain called them into his office.

"Trill just got back. I don't even want to know where he got these, but here you go." He handed Lyle and Luca each one crystal. Lyle's was yellow and Luca's was black. "These are Z-crystals. They'll allow you to use a single powerful move at the cost of 3 times the move's normal power usage. However, if you could only use the move one more time anyway, you can still use the Z-move. Just focus the electric or dark energy through the crystal. Any questions before I take you to the Passage?"

Riolux Riolux

Luca raised his paw. "Captain, what exactly is the Passage and how did someone discover it?" he asked, wanting to know more about this odd dimension. He figured that any extra information wouldn't hurt considering how dangerous it supposedly was. 'Best we know as much as we can so we don't slow Trill down.' he thought.

Runesage Runesage

"It's the space between dimensions, and I made it. Well, I had lots of help from some other Pokemon, but yeah we carved that space out. The story's really long, and time is of the essence, so you'll just have to make do with that for now." The Captain said.

"You MADE it?" Lyle asked.

"You remember the space the Bronzong is trapped in. I made that too. I can also control who enters and exits that space, but as the space between dimensions shrinks, more and more Pokemon are able to get in without permission. I'd have to individually seal them in or out of the space."

"How do-" Lyle began.

"Again, the story would take to long to tell, even in the condensed version." The Captain said. "We need to get going. Trill is waiting in the Passage for us." The Captain said, beginning to walk out of the office. He headed into the room next door, a room that only had a large mirror in it, embedded into the wall. "Go ahead, just walk through. It's not sealed anymore."

As Lyle took a step through, the Captain turned to Luca. "Please, don't ask Trill about this. He won't know the answer, and it'll upset him because he knows he should. There's a reason he's asking you to find his birth name. He doesn't know it himself. That's all I'll tell you right now. Please go."

Riolux Riolux

"I...okay. Yes, sir," he said, following Lyle through the mirror. All he had going through his mind was more questions, but he figured time was of the essence so he figured they could wait until they'd made sure Lyle's friend was safe. Once again, he was greeted by a fleeting sensation of diving into a cold, clear pond as he crossed into the Passage. Looking around, he blinked as he once again stepped onto the reflective ground. Quickly, he walked over to Lyle's side.

Runesage Runesage

Last edited:
Trill beckoned them forward. "Good. You have the Z-Crystals. I assume the Captain told you how to use them." Lyle nodded in response. "Let's get started then. Welcome to the Passage." He gestured at the place around them, the gleaming, reflective, almost crystalline walls. "This is the main entrance we use. We marked it with this." He gestured at the ceiling and floors where a flower seemed to bloom out of the ceiling. "Wasn't my decision. The Captain actually chose it when he built this section." Trill gestured ahead. "Up there, is the exit to Mirror City. The Bronzong entered from the Mirror Tower entrance, but almost every single house has an exit."

"The mirrors..." Lyle muttered.

"Yep. Exactly. Come this way." He lead them through the Passage and stopped at the biggest exit. "This is the enterance to mirror tower. There's a pretty accurate representation of the tower on the walls."

"Wait, I thought Mirror City was 2 days journey away." Lyle asked.

"This is a space outside of space. Of course it would take less time." Trill said. "Now if we go this way..." Trill led them off past the Guild entrance and stopped there. "See this mirror has trees as it's border. I think it's the exit to Lilia Forest."

"Where does that go?" Lyle asked, pointing at a seemingly plain mirror that was opposite the Lilia Forest exit.

"I don't know. Let's take a look, shall we..." Trill stepped forward and tried to step through, but was flung back. "Ow!" He stood up from where he'd been thrown into the wall. "That's not normal. I guess it's not important right now, but I'll definitely ask the Captain about it. It's familiar, but I can't tell why. Anyway, you two ready for the raid?"

"Raid?" Lyle asked apprehensively.

"I've located Mina, and she's in Mirror Tower. The place is really weird, there are parts of it that act like Mystery Dungeons, but others which are normal. We're going to bust through the stronghold and get her out."

Riolux Riolux

"Wait who has her anyway? Anything specific we should expect?" Luca asked, not wanting to be caught off guard. "I think it'd be good to know exactly what to expect and where exactly she is in said tower. Also, how did you even find her?" Luca asked, trying to get as much information as he could before they charged in there.

Runesage Runesage

"I don't know who exactly has her. The Bronzon we fought earlier I recognized as Blitz, a notorious thug. He was with the Dark Stars, who, as you know Lyle, are based in Mirror Tower. When Mina disappeared immediately after you were attacked I paid a... visit... to the Shades. They didn't know anything had happened to her until they checked on her and she wasn't there. I did see a small mirror in the room, and entered the Passage. I saw traces of a scuffle leading back to the Mirror tower entrance. They were almost unnoticeable, unless you knew what to look for. Expect very strong Pokemon. Stronger than the normal ones. Somehow, they've gained extra power. There aren't many attacks that could damage the Passage walls, but there the damage was."

Lyle looked nervous. "Can we take them?"

"If we're smart about it." Trill assured him. "Besides it's for Mina."

Riolux Riolux

"Alright. Let's get going then. Strong or no, we can't let 'em get away with this. Especially if they're able to use the Passage so freely, right?" Luca said with a look of determination. He may not have had a clue as to what was really going on here nor did he know Mina, but as she was a friend of Lyle's, whom Luca saw as a friend, he'd never forgive himself for backing out now.

Runesage Runesage

"Let's go then." Trill said, and he jumped through the entrance to Mirror Tower. They stepped out into a room that had a single Pokemon, a Nuzleaf, guarding the exit. Trill nodded at Lyle, and Lyle, understanding, used Signal Beam to KO the guard. Trill rushed over to the Nuzleaf as he fell, and caught him before he hit the ground. "Make as little noise as possible." Trill whispered. "We're at the middle of the tower. Based on that," Trill pointed at an electrical singe on the stone heading upstairs, "We should probably find Mina up there."

"Let's go then." Lyle said.

Riolux Riolux

Luca nodded and started to creep up the stairs, trying to be as quiet as possible so he didn't end up being the one to give them away. As he placed a foot on the third step, however, he looked to Trill. "What floors have the Mystery Dungeons? Or did we warp past 'em?" he asked as he used his sharp ears to listen for voices up ahead.
Runesage Runesage

"I think we've passed the worst of them. I think that there's only one room that has the weird time. The top of the tower is after this floor, and the Mystery Dungeon room is..." Trill peered out the top of the stairs. "That way." Trill gestured off to the left, still hidden by the stairwell. "There's one guard here, but I'll take him out. Wait here."

Lyle watched as Trill slipped up the stairs without making a noise. "You remember when the Captain said that Trill had been a theif once? I wish I was half as good as him. It's like he's not even there."

Trill reappeared at the top of the stairs. "The coast is clear, let's go. The Stairs are in the Mystery Dungeon room." Lyle and Luca followed Trill into the room. As the reached a certain point in the hallway, they could feel the flow of time distort around them. "They can't sound an alarm in the next room unless they get out. Hit them hard and fast, and we should make it."

They entered the room and an Avalugg and a Drifblim stood in front of them. "GO!" Trill shouted as he used Focus Blast on the Avalugg. It connected with a resounding blast, and the Avalugg staggered backward.

Hard and fast? In that case... Lyle touched the Z crystal hanging onto his Defense Scarf and focused electrical energy through it. His eyes widened at the amount of energy was amplified into a massive bolt of lightning. Wow... That's a lot of power. He had time to think, before he focused and fired the blast at the Drifblim. The energy struck the Drifblim head on, and even spread slightly to the Avalugg. The Drifblim was stunned, but recovered quickly and fired a Shadow Ball in response to Lyle's strike. The Avalugg responded by sending a Blizzard at Trill, who shrugged it off as if it were nothing.

Riolux Riolux

Users who are viewing this thread

Back