• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom PMD - The Disappearing Law (Riolux & Runesage)

Luca nodded and they headed over to the Outlaw Noticeboard. Honestly, Luca was extremely hesitant to send himself and Lyle after any of the more dangerous Outlaws, seeing as he and Lyle weren't all that experienced, so he tried to find one with a low Job Rank. After some browsing, he pulled off a page indicating a Sigilyph, which had stolen a lot of goods from a merchant that was on their way to town. According to the job, it had fled to the Storm Peak. "How about this one, Lyle? The place sounds a bit scary, but we could easily take this guy." he said, handing hit the Job.

Runesage Runesage

"Storm Peak... hmm... Sigilyph..." Lyle thought for a minute. "We could probably pull it off. Let's go."

"Not so fast." Trill said. "Never EVER forget to prepare for a dungeon. ALWAYS check your items at least before you go because you may run out or get knocked out and lose them."

"Right, right" Lyle checked the Treasure Bag. "We have 3 spaces left in our bag. We should probably drop off the Geo Pebbles and Pecha Berries, there aren't many Ghost or Poison Types on Storm Peak."

"I'd keep one. Poison is very dangerous, and you never know who knows Poison Sting." Trill said.

"True," Lyle admitted. "I'd honestly keep the rest. It's really bothersome having a small Treasure Bag."

"Give it time. You have to fulfill a certain protocol, etc. before we can give you one." Trill said.

"Other than that, we seem to be ready. Wanna head out now?" Lyle asked.

Riolux Riolux

"Hmm...what types will we see there, Chief? It sounds like it'd be home to Electric-Types for sure and almost certainly some Rock-Types. What else, though?" he asked, not wanting to run in blind. He'd much rather have as much info as possible before dashing into danger.

Runesage Runesage

Trill nodded. "Electric, Rock, and there's also the occasional Fighting or Flying type. You'll probably run into a Rufflet or two, maybe a few Timburr, but the rest are Pokemon like Electrike, Alolan Geodude, Roggenrola, etc."

Lyle thought for a minute. "That might be a problem. Neither of us has any moves that are even remotely effective against Rock Types."

Trill shrugged. "Well, you can just smack them if you want. Lightning Rod will be a problem for you especially Lyle. If you're going to use Spark, make sure that you do it if there are no Electrike in the room."

Lyle nodded. "Understood. I'm ready."

Riolux Riolux

"Guess we ought to get going, then," Luca said, though to be honest, he was slightly concerned about the TImburr. It didn't matter, though. He knew Lyle could cover him there while he dealt with his threats. Together, the group departed. The trip to Storm Mountain proved to take far longer than the trip to the forest and after awhile, the sun was setting in the distance as the Mountain finally towered over them.

"Should we head in now? Or wait?" Luca asked, Chief, seeing as he was the one in charge here. Hesitant and as exhausted as he was, he didn't want to let the outlaw get away.

Runesage Runesage

"You two can head in now, if you want." Trill said. "I have some other business in this area that I've been meaning to take care of."

"You're not coming?" Lyle asked.

Trill shook his head. "You won't need me for this one. I'm looking into some contacts who may know something about what happened last night. I'll meet you back here when you've done the mission. When you've defeated the Outlaw, raise your badge like so," and Trill demonstrated, a position similar to when he'd gotten them out of the dungeon, "and it will imprison the outlaw within a prism of golden light and transport you all back out here. I'll be here waiting." And with that, Trill stepped into the shadows and seemed to vanish.

Lyle snorted. "He's nowhere near as good as my old Cheif was." He shook his head. "Lets go, Luca."

Riolux Riolux

"My problem with him is that he keeps way too many secrets. I find it hard to trust him. It's not fair that he seems to know about us, but we don't know jack squat about him." Luca said as they stepped in, the stairs leading back down to the entrance vanishing as they walked up them. "I mean he and the Captain are supposed to be our leaders, but they refuse to tell us anything about themselves," he said as he began to start guiding them towards a hallway. Out of said hallway, however, stepped an Alolan Geodude. "Great. Trouble. Whoopie-freaking-doo..." he said sarcastically.

Runesage Runesage

"Well the captain just hasn't had as much time with us as Trill has." Lyle said. He thought for a second. "Do you think he's trying to get us to dig into his past? Wait, that's a dumb question." Lyle said. "I mean, he figured all of that stuff out about us so quickly. Do you think he's trying to teach us how to do that?" Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of an Alolan Geodude. "Huh. They don't normally have the best Special Defense. I'll Helping Hand you and you can use Dark Pulse, and that should work.

Riolux Riolux

"Alrighty. Let's do it, then," he said, entering a ready position as his partner's move went off. Easily enough, he felt the boost and fired a Dark Pulse towards the Alolan Geodude. Unlike the Bronzong, this Geodude didn't stand a chance and was knocked clean out. "Nice thinking, Lyle." he complimented his partner. "Anyways, teaching us into reading information by observation is pointless if he's having practice on him, since he probably can easily hide it from us," he stated, continuing their conversation as he resumed their path towards the hallway.

Runesage Runesage

As they moved through the hallways, Lyle thought about this dilemma. "Do you think that he wants us to figure out who he really is?" He wondered out loud. "He seems pretty bent on it. If that's the case, he might make it easier for us to find it out." As they entered the next room, a Rufflet was sleeping in the middle of the room next to a Max Elixer. "You want me to take this one, or do you want to avoid it?"

Riolux Riolux

"Well, that depends. Is the item worth it?" he asked his companion as he scanned the rest of the room. There were two other exits as far as he could tell, but they were too dark to see if someone was in there. "My only real concern is something jumping us cause we took the time to go to the middle of the room rather than off to the side," he told his partner.

Runesage Runesage

"Even if something does jump us, remember, we have the time to react." Lyle said. "I can get him real fast with a Spark, and the item will be nice." He thought for a minute. "Hey, what floor was the Outlaw on again? I completely forgot. It was a Sigilyph, right?"

Riolux Riolux

"I...honestly don't remember what floor they're on! I forgot!" he said, mentally berating himself for being so stupid. "We brought the paper with the Job details with, right?" he asked his partner, really hoping they had. If they hadn't they were gonna be here for a very long time.

Runesage Runesage

Lyle nodded. "I think I have it right... No, I had it." Lyle said, peering into the bag. The mission statement had disappeared on entering the dungeon. "That is really odd." A moment passed. "Wait, wait, wait, no. I HAD it. It was here." He searched frantically. As he searched, the gadget lit up. "Do you think it's on here?" Lyle pulled out the gadget without waiting for a response. He pushed buttons, swiped the screen a couple of times, and the mission statement appeared. "Got it. 9F. We're still on 1F, so let's get a move on."

Riolux Riolux

Luca let out a sigh of relief. "Right. Let's beat the Rufflet, grab the item, and get going." he said as they moved over to the Rufflet before stopping just before entering the range to where it would've woken up. "You ready, Lyle? If we move at a diagonal, we can get you right next to it early on." he explained.
Runesage Runesage

"I'm ready." They moved diagonally, with Luca picking up the item. Lyle felt energy in his hands building, sparking, bolts of electricity. "HAA!" Lyle shouted, ramming into the startled Rufflet with an electrically charged tackle. "Got him. Let's get a move on before we run into much more difficulty."

"You got it! Let's see...eeny...meeny...miney...left. We'll take the left path." he decided and started to walk that way. It was a complete guess, but it was a fifty-fifty chance. 'Please let me be right. Pretty freaking please.' he thought. As they reached the entrance to the tunnel, however, an Electrike emerged from the other one.

Runesage Runesage

Lyle turned to the Electrike. "Fight or run? I say fight. He's far enough away for me to hit him with two or three Signal Beams before he can get me." He said. He looked at the hallway. "It would definitely take less time to fight, though. What do you say Luca?"

Riolux Riolux

"He can't catch up if we just keep moving, right? He'll always be that far away. Let's keep going and if he becomes a problem, we can just beat him down before he gets close enough." he replied, not really wanting to waste any more time on battles, personally. "We don't want the Sigilyph getting away after all."

Runesage Runesage

"Yes, let's" Lyle replied as they made their ways through the hallways with the Electrike following them through the hallway. They made their way through the floor and came upon the stairs. "Look, there's our way to the next floor. Let's get going, and beat that Sigilyph!"

Riolux Riolux

"Hold your Ponytas. We still have 8 more floors of hard walking and fighting to do. The Sigilyph's the easy part, Lyle." he stated, noting that the Sigilyph had basically place a dungeon full of Type disadvantages between them and itself. "If we aren't careful, we're gonna get knocked out."
Runesage Runesage

"Right, right." Some of his previous energy from when he'd first met Luca had returned. "Anyway, its fine. We can take anything this dungeon tries to throw at us!" Lyle said confidently. He ran up the stairs, looking behind him at Luca. "Come on! Let's hurry, or he'll get away!"

Riolux Riolux

"Yeah, yeah don't get your tail in a knot," he said, dashing up behind him. As the floor opened before them, the stairs disappearing, Luca frowned. There were three Pokemon in the room with them. A Rufflet, an Alolan Geodude and...a Timburr. "Ah, crap. We're in for a fight here. Any ideas? Any items we can use?" he asked Lyle, entering a stance. He seemed pretty nervous about the Timburr and for obvious reasons.

Runesage Runesage

"Um..." Lyle said. "We've got two Blast Seeds. I think it might be wise to save at least one of them, so who gets the other one?" Lyle said. "I can take the Timburr if you want. I can hit him from here with a Signal Beam. Hmmm... We also have a Tiny Reviver Seed in case one of us gets knocked out."

Riolux Riolux

"Hmm...nah. I can take the Geodude. Try and take out the Timburr from a distance and if that Rufflet gets close, I doubt it could take a single Spark from you. We might need those Blast Seeds later. Just...hope they don't get any lucky shots in." he decided, not wanting to waste their items when one of them had a move that could compensate for the distance.

Runesage Runesage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back