• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Plumbers: Welcome to the multiverse

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Breadman

Big loaf supreme
Title drop.png
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rules:

1. Please, be nice. We're here to have fun.

2. No power or metagaming. You have a lot of freedom and slack, but ultimately rolls determine if things happen.

3. Out of Character (OOC) chat should be in double parentheses, ((so it will look like this when you post OOC)).

4. If you go inactive or drop, your character will be under my control (and may potentially die.) If you let me know you're going to be inactive for a while and can pick back up later, I'll look after your character till you return.

5. This is primarily a PvE game, but PvP can still potentially happen if its agreed upon by both parties and run by me.

6. As GM, I'm god and master of the multiverse, but a benevolent one. New rules can be implemented on the fly if needed.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Players:

Damian0358 Damian0358 -Ted Coach

PixelSymphony PixelSymphony -Val'sharra Nightshroud

Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian - Heilwyn Gale

joshuadim joshuadim -Slerk

K0mori K0mori -Sloan Idyllwild

Infab Infab - Noël Lockhart

archur archur - Kher'as Sha'kari

TheRealAngeloftheStorm TheRealAngeloftheStorm - Ying

FabulousTrash FabulousTrash - Kiriko Okuda

From the 'New Plumbers handbook'

"The multiverse is a complicated web that links to each other through various events, people or details. As such sometimes something will break. You are called in to fix it if the damage done not out of natural causes, but in event of tampering or outside incursion. You are essentially the first responders and the people who will have to get their hands dirty to ensure things are returned to normal."

John Oliver: You've stated that you believe there could be an infinite number of parallel universes. Does that mean that there is a universe out there where I am smarter than you?
Stephen Hawking: Yes. And also a universe where you're funny.

In one of the High Rise apartments overlooking the Northern parks.

The alarm buzzer made its droning noise to wake Checkers from her sleep. The woman raised her head from the pillow she was enjoying to look at the annoying little device and slammed her hand on top of it. With a yawn she rose up and sat on her bed, tired eyes looking at the widow as it began to open up to reveal the Citadel's skyline. A built in feature programmed to help her wake up quicker. 'Damn Authority thought of everything. Has it really been 8 hours already?' Outside she could see the skyscrapers gleam and shine from the sun shinning from above. A near perfect picture of a futuristic city, complete with its own speeding flying cars. She got up and headed to the bathroom to freshen up. As instructed, her apartment's personal assistant system booted up.

"3 new messages ready to be played. First one from- Moira."

"Hey Checkers, heard your last mission was a rough one, but Prax seemed happy with it. Betting you guys might be getting another favor from HQ again if he didn't looking so deadbeat tired. Speaking of, there's a new batch of recruits that have been coming in for the past few days and I've been seeing some of them marked as Delta. You guys already refilling your roster? Call me or drop by the Chop shop when you get a chance. Bye." Refilling the roster? What was she talking about?

"Second message from- Prax." She was bout to find out.

"Hey Anita! You're still asleep so I'll drop the good news on you while I'm out during some errands. Another batch from Delta had their worlds fixed and they're going home. Some already scattered, but a few are left to say their goodbyes. The insectoid even went to have a final goodbye with Santoro, can you believe that? The other good news is that HQ already has a line of recruits ready for us to meet. I'm on my way to the Helldiver to pick a couple of them up and Moira said she's been keeping an eye on a few of them and has been helping with mechanical adjustments. Meet us in HQ when you're ready." Checkers stepped out of the bathroom with a toothbrush still in her mouth, looking at the PA console in disbelief. Its been 3 days and he already has a team together? Goddamn workaholic.

"Third message from- Elaine" Oh no.

"Checkers, hi! You didn't check in for examination after your last mission. I know you wanted to rest, but you could still spare the few minutes to make sure you're didn't bring back anything or didn't suffer any serious injuries. Hey hey! Get down from there!- Sorry, that's one of your new recruits. He's a small slippery guy. Come by to pick him up and get yourself checked out before you make another jump, doctor's orders!" Checkers sighed. 'Great, now I have to make another stop.' After the last message played, the radio station continued to play rock music performed by an unknown artist from a distant timeline. She quickly put on her casual clothes-jeans, boots, a tube top and a black bomber jacket on top of it. Ready for another day as a Plumber.

---
The Helldiver, Little Dis

Lucifaria, or Lucy for short, has been a long time partner to the Plumbers, with a history going back a long time. The Helldiver being her main way of making business in the world of demon, multiverse police and the occasional oddball that wonders through. Unfotnately for her, when the Pulmbers called for big favors it was always at the wrong time.

"Are you serious?" The demon woman behind the bar looked with annoyance towards Prax. "Of all the times you could possibly do this, you pick now? During the kegger week? Do you have any idea how tough things get during that time?"

"I thought kegger week was last month." He responded while sipping from his glass.The drink she had served him was stronger than anticipated, but still tasted good.

"Its every month. You'd know that if you bothered to come by for any other reason than asking favors from me." The proprietor of the Helldiver glared at him with even more annoyance.

"Lucy, I wouldn't be asking to borrow Val if it wasn't important."

"You're not even telling me why!" She slammed a palm on the counter, shaking the glasses. "At least inform me instead of leaving me in the dark. I'm running a business here, not just a gossip farm for you to peruse when dealing with a devil's waistling that's looking for a new couch to crash on."

"There's an irony to what you said there."

"Ours was planned." She crossed her arms.

"Fair enough." He raised his metal hand to signal he's not going to push that point further. "I can't tell you because its classified for now and well..." He looked around the bar to see its patrons. Despite its reputation and location in the enclave of non-malicious demons, the bar had mostly non-infernal clientele. They were mostly people from different parts of the multiverse who stumble in on accident or because they know the way in. Even so, there were a few characters that the bouncers let through from time to time that raise a lot of red flags. "Izzy isn't the only one with his ears to the ground." When he looked back he noticed that her glare wasn't getting any less hostile "Its just for a few jumps, thats it. I'll bring her back in one piece and she can tell you what the whole thing is about after."

"If..." She raised a finger to his nose "...so much as a chip falls off her horns, I'll have Jazz slam your head against the wall so hard that it forms a new hole in reality for your co-workers to use, got it?"

"Plumbers honor." He held his hand up. If there was one thing she could count on, was that Prax will keep to his word to the best of his abilities.

"Fine." Lucy looked over to her bartender "Val, can you come over?" That was one down, now for the other. While they were talking, the bar was playing host to a local community celebrity. Noël Lockhart has been a longtime visitor and a friend of Lucy's and something of a known figure to the Plumbers for reasons that would remain between them. Even if they had a good relationship, Prax was hesitant to just pull them aside. In a way he was a cop and they rarely got along with punks. A theme that seemed like its own constant.

"Hate to ask for another favor, but..." Prax tilted his head towards the demon playing the guitar on the bar's stage. "Can you call them over?"

"Noël doesn't work for me, Prax." She placed a hand on her hip. "I can't order them around even for you guys. There's limits."

"I just want to talk with them. I'll actually owe you one for this." He looked at his drink again then back. "And I'll reimburse you for the lost business."

"Fine, I'll send you the bill for the money I'll lose for this." Lucifaria raised her hand for Noël to see that the show is getting cut short, much to her and probably their own annoyance. "I'll think about the favor." She finally looked at him differently. Satisfied that she had one up on him for once. Frankly he prefered when she was angry.

---
Moira's chop shop, near Plumber's HQ

In the building designated as Moira's chop shop, machines beeped and whirled to life as they were used by the occupants for their jobs. Besides Moira herself, there were at least twenty other souls each engaged with repairing, improving or inventing a new mechanical device that had come their way. The worker's pit, as it was called, was where the majority of the activity was done. Vehicles, robot chassis, contraptions of unknown origin all coming to life and laying dormant again as the work progressed.

Above them on a platform in her own 'office' Moira gathered and tinkered with those prioritized for Delta. A desk that only exists to keep parts, rolled up schematics and a pile od datapads. Machine parts either placed in specific spots so Moira could remember what was in that pile, sometimes also placed on the desk when it came their turn to be worked on. In her chaotic room, there were several others that would soon be joining the Plumbers as part of Delta.

Ted Coach was her longest, but proudest achievement. When the Plumbers dropped him off, she thought it was some type of joke. She had almost refused to even work on his project, but as soon as she exchanged a few words with the AI, she decided to build him a body he could put to good use. Long hours went into just picking out the right skeleton for what she had in mind. Couldn't be too tough or it would slow him down. Couldn't be too sleek as he wasnt built for smooth moves. Not yet at least. She had no comment on his sense of style purely out of politeness.

Helwyg was a tough case to crack on account of his armor. She didn't know if taking it off would kill him or not and wasn't in the business of finding out. Help came in the form of a new arrival from another universe entirely. Kher'Sa was a bio engineered ant-person with a knack for the mechanical parts. Shocking to many who haven't had to work with a diverse crowd before, but the chop shop's mechanics were quick to recognize a black thumb when they saw one. Moira enlisted her help in devising a good way to repair and upgrade Helwyg's armor without the need to take it off him or to put him in any harm while doing so. New armor platings, better fire suppresion internal deployment and a fresh tank of nitro-napalm from her home. Just what the doctor ordered. The process was far more pleasant than initially though as they seemed to get along well enough for now. How their future with Delta would pan out was another thing entirely.

Now Sloan was more straightforward. Their body was all mechanical and as Moira understood it, housed their consciousness. She was hesitant at first to accept working on a body like that as it could easily spiral and cause some severe damage if she went poking and prodding. However Sloan was kind enough to give Moira the blueprint for the body they were using. A rare gesture, but as she would find out, this body would be very important. The blackthumb analyzed the schematics and not only saw how things worked, but where they could be improved. In the following 'operation' Moira installed a new neuroprocessor, intra and extra net signal boosters to fit the Plumber's needs and a custom order vibro sword from Santoro's armory. Further upgrades would take time to come together, but the important parts of the design were covered.

"I think its going to be a good bit until Prax or Checkers show up still." Moira spoke as she wiped her hands clean with a rag. "How are you feeling about it? Plumber duty I mean?" She asked those gathered in her makeshift office. She could guess the answers, she's heard them before, but it helps break the tension.

---
At Elaine's Medical Clinic, 34th Saint Hospital

"Elaine, I'm here!" Checkers knocked on the doctor's door.

"Come in." She hear from inside and the door slid open. Checkers walked inside the office and looked around. She noticed two other women inside helping her with...something. A quick look around revealed that something wasnt right. papers scattered everywhere, wet spots all over the floor, knocked over medical eqipment and the potted plant being on the floor with its pot shattered. Something had gotten loose in here.

"Did I come in at a bad time?"

"No no, we're just trying to corner him..." Elaine spoke as she walked calmly next to her desk. The woman with pink-ish hair was doing the same from the other side while the third one had her back turned to Checkers and waited in the middle. In just a few seconds a small creature darted from under the desk and ran under the doctor's legs while it made some bizarre gurgling sounds "GRAB HIM!" Checkers didn't question it, she slammed the door button behind her and the mechanized doors shut quickly. The plumber leaped from her spot and managed to get a hold on the thing as soon as she saw it. He was slippery, almost impossible to get a hold of, but she wouldn't let go. "In the tank, put him in the tank." Checkers looked around and noticed the open fish tank. While fighting to keep a hold of the small fish-man creature, she would put it inside its waters and close the lid.

"Is this our new recruit you mentioned?" Checkers asked while panting.

"Yes, he's a murglite!" Elaine answered with pride.

"A what?" She shook her head "Never mind, is he even of age?"

"Well no, but HQ wants him on your team."

"Why do they want a baby fish-man on our team?"

"Well...HQ thinks you and Prax are the most qualified for the job." The doctor rubbed the back of her neck as she gave the answer.

"What does that mean, most qua-" The realization quickly dawned on Checkers and she looked at the creature in the tank then back to Elaine "You want us to raise him? Are you insane?!"

"Given what we know about his biology and how he will grow, yes. You will effectively raise him into adulthood soon enough."

"You are insane..."

"I have my faculties in order thank you very much." Elaine adjusted her glasses "Lets change subjects, please. We've been very rude to the other two recruits." The doctor motioned to the other two women in the room with them. In all the commotion and shock, Checkers had nearly forgotten there were four people in the room. Well five if the baby in the tank counted. "These ladies are Ying and Kiriko. I'm happy to report that they're both in good health even after their ordeals. Ying comes from a reality that was ravaged, but before it could heal, the Outsiders took something key from it. Kiriko has a similar fate, but in reverse. The outsiders introduced advanced weapons too early into the timeline."

"I see." Checkers didn't usually let her emotions through visibly, but for those who's lives were destroyed by outsiders, she had nothing but sympathy. "I think I was reading the reports from both of your worlds, actually. No idea you were going to be assigned to us." The Plumber added "Ying, from what the team that discovered you said, you had a strong connection to a diety of some kind." She looked to the pink-haired woman, trying to recall the details correctly. She then looked to Kiriko "And as Elaine said, your timeline had gunpowder introduced earlier than it should have. They probably wanted something you were guarding." She was lost in thought for a few moments trying to figure out what they could be after as the report itself wasn't clear. "Sorry, me and Prax have an interest in the Outsiders." She reached out her hand to the both of them. "Welcome to Delta, ladies. You're Plumbers now. If you want to share anything, now's a good time."

Ted sat in one of the chairs in Moira's office, with hands clasped together, resting loosely atop his legs. He found himself just staring at them as he contemplated where life had taken him. He still remembered when he arrived and he protested the notion of being a potential candidate for the Plumbers - it wasn't in his design specs, after all, no matter the amount of work Moira had put into him. And he knew she knew that. But at the same time, he thought to himself how he had gotten accustomed to life at the Citadel so much that he had nearly forgotten that was where his future was going to take him, what with him spending most of his time rediscovering his own home universe and finding out such interest terms such as "sugar mama" (because who'd think that's what that word means??).

He just slowly shook his head as he looked up at Moira. "You already know how I feel."

A voice emanated from Sloan's mouthless face from some speaker hidden behind a vent. It was a soft, gentle, and feminine to match the form of the Steel Dancer - the body Sloan had resided within since the destruction of her Earth. "I don't feel any way about it, it just is," the voice said. The remark was given matter-of-fact, without a hint of negativity. Sloan was beyond that, by now; the task of jumping from timeline to timeline, experiencing life through others' eyes, seemed like a natural evolution of her prior life. She was perfectly accustomed to wearing bodies, names, and pronouns interchangeably, and while she would continue to be a "she" as long as she wore the Steel Dancer, on another day they could be a man, a formless machine, an intelligent animal, or something else entirely.

"As long as you can keep my mind alive, I'll do anything that's asked of me," she said, a hint of positivity creeping in.

Ever the distracted myrmidon, Kher'as had a small fleet of vid-screens hovering around her large compound eyes, fit for intaking the sheer amount of colors and movement, the raw data she was inundating herself with. She was simultaneously entertaining herself with 15-second nonsense, watching a tutorial on Helwyn's armor set for the 45th time, while simultaneously ingesting at least two separate readings of various reality's interpretations of Serketism (worship of insects) whilst listening to "goregrind" for the first time, a suggestion inadvertently made to her from another mechanic after seeing Kher'as do whatever this was. Even after the fact, she could barely remember half of what she was watching or listening to, since having a stable connection to the net was something strictly prohibited to her in her dimension.

Needless to say, over the tornado of media surrounding her head, she didn't really hear Moira's question, barely taking in the fact that she spoke at all.

Then she heard Ted speak up, just barely.

"You..." A video exploded into laughter directly into her ear. It was the mukbang. She turned the volume down ever so slightly. "...-ow I feel."

Words! In reply to more words! That meant there was a conversation! Kher'as learned quickly that not responding was considered rude, which wouldn’t be a problem normally, but she made sure to pay extra attention to words being said and not thought in this room. This was mostly brought on by the fact that at least a good half of the people in the room didn't quite have the same inner workings that she did, that is to say, weren't made of flesh and bone. She found it hard to read them, psychically that is. It was near impossible since the thing that she latched onto - their thoughts - wasn't there. She could sense them, to an extent, but it was like trying to climb a flat cliff face. Goats could do that. One day, she will be the best goat.

She wiped away the holographic distractions from her face, catching the tail end of Sloan's sentence more clearly.

"...I'll do anything that's asked of me."

Caught up in the moment, she hurriedly answered. "Yes! Kher'as will do anything too!" She replied excitedly, her "voice" more of an echo from within one's head rather than vibrations in the air. "What was the question?"

Last edited:

Noël was in their own little world while the conversation between Lucy and Prax occurred, fingers moving swiftly across the acoustic guitar's frets and strings as they played out one of their more favored songs to do finger-style. Nothing flashy, and it was a good song. It was popular with crowds, especially Millennials and older generations from their own universe. It seemed to be the same from several others. Guns N' Roses proved to be a bit eternal.

Noël often mixed in softer songs on smaller sets like this, since it was a bar and not some club or arena. Something to listen to and drink your cares away. Something Noël themself was doing, as there was a large rum bottle full of dark brown liquid next to them on a stool alongside an empty glass. They intended to do something more flashy later on, and also do a duet with Val once she worked up the nerve. Noël had been wanting to do sort of a lounge deal with Val, as she seemed to have the pipes for it. It'd be classy, that's for sure.

But the set was cut short, as Noël glanced up from under the brim of their utility cap to see Lucy holding her hand up. Universal signal to stop. What was up? Noël's eyes then traveled horizontally, and met the gaze of the man standing across the bar from her.

Noël could pick out a Plumber anywhere. They just had this sort of air about them. Noël frowned slightly. What was the problem? They were in the middle of a set, and enjoying themselves. Were the Plumbers there to take them back to their own universe? Did the bosses finally drop the hammer and say that they needed to go the fuck home and stay there?

Noël set their guitar aside, propping it up on its stand, before grabbing the rum bottle and walking off the small platform stage that Lucy had Jazz set up especially for them. Halfway across the bar, Noël was already chugging the remainder of the rum in the bottle. It was already paid for, so they could do what they wished with it.

"What? Did I fuck up or something?" they said, an irritated tone to their voice as they locked eyes with Prax.

Last edited:
Heilwyn toiled under the shadow of Moira's office quarters, the worker's pit depth resounding with the whirs and whine of machinery, the EOD specialist felt accustomed to the bustling noise of the workshop's inhabitants, it brought an ebb to the cruel edge of his thoughts and memories. A tranquility undisturbed as Heilwyn tightened a bolt on his battleplate. He leaned back from his work, forehead slick with black, inky oil and sweat alike. Chestnut eyes surveying his work, the light played off the metallic surface of the battleplate, the colour of molten rock, a red, deep and dark as the twin-sun dusk. The armour he wore was a Kero-CRS, mark IV pattern, heavily modified since his severance from the Solen Republic's armed forces. Dozens and dozens of silver-plated bondings studs gleamed atop slab-plates of black novosteel, layered over blocks of a foreign metal reinforced with rods of titanium alloy, shaping the large, rounded pauldrons down to the arms. The helm's glaring orange lenses were dim, deactivated, and over its forehead, a stylized symbol of a three-pronged flame stood defiant. The suit's right pauldron bore the sigil of a flame, spiraling and cleansing as it jumped up from the base to the middle, bright against a sea of darkness, a purifier. More horrible yet were the two great gauntlets he wore. Massive flamers with nozzles, charcoal black, linked to the back tanks of nitro-napalm. Loosing carnage almost unbelievable. Heilwyn smiled and shook his head, finding himself staring long into the masterpiece of his efforts.

He knocked on the shoulder, knuckles striking the solid mass. A karmic warding, leftover superstition from his brief exposure to subspace. Heilwyn stretched, sending a ripple across broad, musculature of his back. He slipped into the upper half of his gray coveralls, stepping away from his designated station. Clenching and unclenching his fists, rolling his wrists as he went, Heilwyn found a lone unoccupied table to sit, resting after hours of mechanical improvement. He drew a booklet from his pocket, turning one page after another, eyes scanning the Solenite-written sentences. Another memento from his home, though perhaps more important than the Kero suit a few feet behind him.

Then a digital chime rang out beside him. Heilwyn inclined his head, a holographic projection delivered a message. A broad smile split his features, slightly revealing his teeth — almost a razor grin. He spun back, pocketing his booklet in an internal pocket of his suit and removing the coveralls as he strode back to the suit. He began to undo the latches of the wargear and the preparations to enter. It took about a minute. He felt a surge of pride and self-satisfaction, still maintaining his record equipment speeds. The very air around the suit hummed as its reactor whirred to life, the thick servo bundles throbbed with power as the orange lenses lit up like burning braziers.

The heavy footfalls thumped against the metallic floor, almost echoes of Heilwyn making his way towards Moira's office. The armoured specialist leaned halfway across the open doorway. "Hey, chief. What's burning?" Heilwyn spoke. His voice was lent a mechanical crackle as it issued from the speaker unit. His voice radiated warmth like a campfire in the cold night — it was deep, smoky, passionate. His features were inscrutable behind his gleaming helm, but anyone could tell he was smiling. He gunned his flamers forward then back with a sway of his arms. "I'm ready to get back out on the field. It's been ages since I saw a battlefield or anything. It'll lit up my day."

“Deity?” she said, feeling that itch in her skull; an echo of the old buried in the dark. “No. The Heavenly Demon was no deity. Cultivators can reach heights far beyond mortal- normal people who do not embark on the path. And she was certainly not worthy of worship.”

A sigh. “She and I are different. Consider her a past incarnation. I do not have her memories, but the Heavenly Demon’s skills are mine to use. Muted, weakened, but they are still there, etched into this vessel. Ready to be wielded against the enemies of the Citadel.”

These Outsiders they claimed to combat had been responsible for the sundering of reality. Of her reality - one of many, as endless as the stars in the sky, each a distant light in the backdrop of the multiverse. She struggled to grasp it; the expansion of her world going from a ruined land to the vastness of infinity, threatened by all sorts of things that the Citadel was responsible for stabilizing. The concept was terrifying - invaders from another reality, plucking fruits from a tree before they had ripened. Poison spreading from their touch, withering the tree to its roots. And they’d inflicted it on her world.

Some deeper part of her mind was glad that the apocalyptic confrontation against the reigning Emperor and the final sect leaders wasn’t responsible for the end. Ying never dared venture beyond the island of her own memories, hanging a lantern beneath black waters to uncover what the Heavenly Demon hid away from her. So she pushed it down and away, sinking it back into the primordial depths with her.

She rubbed her wrists. The Citadel and its surroundings was far beyond anything she had ever seen. Gleaming spires of glass and steel, standing proudly and daring to reach for the heavens above. Floating ships, a hundred thousand different faces and races from other realities. Some part of her mind thought this was merely some fantastic and very long dying dream as she waited for the end to swallow her. But the weight of her clothes on her skin, the little pinpricks of awareness in her mind, the whispers in her ear, the breeze on her neck-

-no, this was no dying dream. A beginning, perhaps. Something new.

Ah, kegger week. The time of year when every vandal, miscreant, and ne'er-do-well stopped their endless backstabbing of one another and came together to bond over the one thing they could agree was best in life; ludicrous amounts of beer imbibed at disturbing rates. Val was far from a tea-totaller, and she'd been known to put away more than a few on particularly bad nights, but some of the folks in here looked like they lived, breathed, and slept beer. The viking-types, that made sense; they were big and burly and boisterous, but it was always the tiny little things that always gave her pause whenever she served them: the spider-spawn, the miniature oni, the occasional nature sprite who claimed to have invented the brew in the first place. Still, they rarely caused a fuss, and their money was as good as any, and honestly Val had a feeling that getting on their bad side would be far more fatal than ticking off Oleg the Stout no matter how many chairs he threatened to eat in protest.

The demoness was half-way into filling up another set of frothy mugs when Lucy's voice, sweet and charming as ever flitted across the air. Her words broughta moment of temporary calm to an otherwise harrowing night of service, particularly as her nerves were betting to get the better of her agreeing to sing a duet with Noel. This wasn't being part of a choir in front of a congregation; if she beefed it up, there were going to be bottles coming for her head. "Coming boss!" she cried in response, and doubled down her efforts; the remaining mugs were rapidly filled and slid up and down the bar with precise throws, each mug landing in front of its awaiting patron. Grabbing a fresh towel, she began to wipe down the counter as she progressed towards Lucy, coming to a stop some steps away as she saw the patron that she had been speaking with. "Hey Lucy, I can't talk long, I'm supposed to go on stage in a few-"

"...oh." The word came out flatter than a pancake, her disdain at now recognizing the unmistakable form of a Plumber sitting across the bar. "I see we have one of Reality's Finest as a guest tonight." Noel came to the bar just then, and Val's eyes scanned to acknowledge her before returning to boring holes in the Plumber. "Can I get you something to drink, or are you just here for the usual coercion?"

Last edited:
1715726645434.png
Despite having been contained after having his fun, the creature locked within the fishtank remained particularly energetic as it swam around and darted between pointing towards Checkers and Elaine as they discussed his future. Ever since being plucked out of his home, the Murglite in question has had bursts of energy due to the natural curiosity that he held. Its large eyes leered like yellow orbs as Slerk, the name given to him by his parents, observed the mutterings between these two creatures that currently held him in place.

Re-croot...? It was a word unfamiliar to the likes of him as he rubbed his teeth along the edges of the tank, trying his best to make sense of this whole situation. He didn't know these creatures, and they didn't seem keen on allowing him to have fun. They had their leash on him for now, but soon he would break out again. He wanted to see many other things of this strange place...

His eyes glanced upwards to a vent above, its size beckoning him as a hole to explore. He decided that would be his next destination as soon as he found a way to get out of the tank he was placed in. Sure, he was comfortable in water; it was warm, and nice, though unbeknownst to the creature it was due to temperature regulators. Unlike back home, the waters were often shifting between warm and cold all the time. But this was too limiting for someone as free-spirited as him... on the beaches back home, there was plenty of room to run and swim with the other hatchlings.

His eyes then darted to the other two people nearby... Yeeng and Keereeku, as introduced by the one responsible for him in the first place. A primal though entered his mind, that of deceit, as he swam through the tank to look the two of them and gurgled to try to get their attention.

Cuteness could be a weapon, after all.

Breadman Breadman TheRealAngeloftheStorm TheRealAngeloftheStorm FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

The Helldiver, Little Dis
I see we have one of Reality's Finest as a guest tonight...Can I get you something to drink, or are you just here for the usual coercion?
What? Did I fuck up or something?
"I come in peace." Prax raised his hands slightly from the bar and got off his stool with them still in the air about shoulder height. "Sorry for cutting the show short. It was a good performance." He said as he noticed Noël staring daggers at him.

"Don't patronize them and get to the point." Lucy spoke up from behind the counter as she picked up the rag from Val in order to pick up her patrons. "Take the rest of the day off, Val. Maybe the week too." She tapped her bartender on the shoulder and turned her attention to the clientele.

"Good news is, neither of you is in trouble." He pointed to the bar's entrance with a metal thumb pointing behind him "We're going to need some privacy for what I have to tell both of you." Prax, led them both outside the bar. Jazz let out an irritated sigh once he noticed who was leading his friends outside, but the bouncer didn't have much of a choice but to comply. Even in those hollow eye sockets, Prax could feel the evil eye tracking him. "Nice seeing you too, big guy."

Once outside, they were in the Little Dis, the demonic enclave for all of those looking to escape their infernal masters though peaceful means. Given the infinite possibilities and chaotic nature of the Hells, Citadel Authority had deemed it appropriate to give them shelter in the city. The neighborhood now houses a varied mix of demons, devils and their kin, each adding to the microcosm of cultures inside. Eventually Prax wouldl lead them to where he had parked his own car. A non standard issue vehicle lacking any indicators that it belonged to a Plumber.

"Make yourselves comfortable." He told the two as he oppened the doors and got in shortly after. "Alright, you're probably wondering why I had to come in and ruin things for you." He first looked to Val "We've been doing a sweep on the city to make sure things are safe and we kept running into an anomaly. Last week we figured out the source of it and its you. I think you know what I'm talking about. HQ is being paranoid over it and wants us to do a few jumps and check with some of your constants. After they calm down, you should be free to go. "

"As for Noël." Prax looked at Noël "The Khan has been making more moves and what's worse is the rumor of an Outsider in his court. Not to put pressure on you, but HQ has a few objectives lined up for us that require someone of your talents" He raised a finger for one important detail "But good news is once you do this for us, we're even."

Infab Infab PixelSymphony PixelSymphony

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You already know how I feel.
"I do, that's why I made sure your body can run extra fast." Moira joked to Ted's response and winked. He was going to be an interesting addition to the team HQ was planning.
As long as you can keep my mind alive, I'll do anything that's asked of me
Sloan then gave her answer to the question, with Moira detecting the bit of optimisim breaking through. "Your mind is going to be safe in that body and I'm not saying that just because I helped make it better."She patted herself on the back verbally as she was satisfied with the changes she could make."Prax takes care of his own, mechanical teammates included."
Yes! Kher'as will do anything too!
Moira froze in place as Kher'as invaded her head for the brief moment to show her ethusiasm for the upcoming job. The mechanic stared off into the distance for half a second as she adjusted. Even while they worked together on Heilwyn, she couldn't get used to the telepathic thoughts invading her mind to ask for an instrument or two. She finally recovered from the surprise just in time for another sentence to come in.
What was the question?
"I was asking how you were feeling about joining the Plumbers, but I take you area already exited for it." Moira gave the bug mechanic a thumbs up, hoping that it registers among the sea of stimulants coming her way at every second. Maybe Ted wasn't the odd one out of this bunch.
I'm ready to get back out on the field. It's been ages since I saw a battlefield or anything. It'll lit up my day
"You wont be waiting long, big guy." Moira performed a finger gun salute to Heilwyn as he made his presence known. Armor ready and everything. "Chances are that HQ has something set up for you to set on fire. There's constantly something raising alarms." She was quiet for a few seconds after the assembled members of Delta shared their enthusiasm, or lack of one in Ted's case. "You know, I got some errands to run." Moira reached for a pair of keys on her desk. "I'm sure Prax and Checkers wont mind if I just drop you off at HQ, what do you say?" She dangled the keys from her finger.

Down bellow her truck was preped and ready to go. Although calling it a truck was underselling it as the thing was build to resemble the rig she used to drive in her home timeline, only made out of better materials.. A better description would be a an armored transport vehicle adorned with just enough extra armor and spikes to scare someone down the road and not break regulations set by Citadel authority. It took a while for her to get that part right.

"You guys want a ride?"

Damian0358 Damian0358 K0mori K0mori Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian archur archur

"I do, that's why I made sure your body can run extra fast." Moira joked to Ted's response and winked. He was going to be an interesting addition to the team HQ was planning.
Ted rolled his eyes with a silent groan, as he looked over towards his would-be colleagues in the Plumbers team he was joining. He hadn't really interacted with the others much, given his focus spent on finding out more about his home universe, but if nothing else, at least he could say that someone was excited about all this, since Sloan, Kher'as and Heilwyn were all at least interested.

He kept his mouth shut as the conversation moved on without him, just looking back down to his hands.

"You know, I got some errands to run." Moira reached for a pair of keys on her desk. "I'm sure Prax and Checkers wont mind if I just drop you off at HQ, what do you say?" She dangled the keys from her finger.

Down bellow her truck was preped and ready to go. Although calling it a truck was underselling it as the thing was build to resemble the rig she used to drive in her home timeline, only made out of better materials.. A better description would be a an armored transport vehicle adorned with just enough extra armor and spikes to scare someone down the road and not break regulations set by Citadel authority. It took a while for her to get that part right.

"You guys want a ride?"
Ted just casually followed along, given that even if he were to say no, it's not like he had a choice in the matter. He just wordlessly nodded as he looked towards his colleagues. He just hoped he would be able to get along with them fine enough.

On the way out, Noël asked Jazz to keep their stuff safe. Didn't need some drunken patron just swinging by and snatching their guitar. That one was particularly expensive. A short walk through Little Dis followed. They had never really been out into Little Dis, only ever having heard about it from patrons that entered the bar from other places. It seemed like a quaint little thing, and helpful to demons displaced from their own Hells for whatever reason.

Once Noël spotted the vehicle, they smirked. "Nothing fancy, eh? Figured the Plumbers would go for at least something with a little more style to it. This screams undercover cop." they remarked, before climbing into the vehicle alongside Val. Val, of course, was also up first on Prax's docket.

Anomalies were a prickly thing, and could lead to a variety of other things. Sometimes minor, sometimes major. If something was up with Val or one of the multitude of other Val's, it needed to be sorted out before it affected the whole line. Seemed like a good idea to rope her in, in that regard. Could have done it in a better way, but eh. Lucy would be Lucy. She was protective of her staff.

Noël then listened as Prax turned his attention to them.

"As for Noël." Prax looked at Noël "The Khan has been making more moves and what's worse is the rumor of an Outsider in his court. Not to put pressure on you, but HQ has a few objectives lined up for us that require someone of your talents" He raised a finger for one important detail "But good news is once you do this for us, we're even."

Noël folded their arms. "An Outsider, helping the Khan... That's somethin' new." The Khan would be damn near unstoppable if things kept up, and would soon stretch their infernal empire across all the Hells in the Multiverse. Very, VERY bad. "...Alright. Hope your bosses are still intent on keeping their end of our deal during this."

They cut a quick glance to Val after the comment, their yellow eyes briefly looking to her own red ones, before shifting back around to look at Prax. There's probably gonna be questions later. Noël would just have to figure something out between now and then.

"You wont be waiting long, big guy. Chances are that HQ has something set up for you to set on fire. There's constantly something raising alarms."

Heilwyn clapped his gauntlets together gently, a metallic thump as metal met metal. His left nozzle went up to his faceplate and a brief hiss knifed out from Heilwyn's helmet as though he were blowing out a lit match. "Smokin', Chief. I'm stoked." Heilwyn spoke, his broad voice resounding in the office's confined spaces. With a deceptively soft whir of servos, Heilwyn moved aside. Leaving room for anyone to enter or exit at their leisure. His helm shifted, orange lenses falling on Moira as she continued. Heilwyn nodded twice. "Shotgun." He called, voice lilt with satisfaction, following his new colleagues after everyone left the office.

He noticed the cyborg, if he recalled correctly — Ted, appearing considerably gloomy. Heilwyn bent slightly, speaking softer. "Hey, buddy. You okay? Circuitry not burnt out about this or anything?"

Breadman Breadman Damian0358 Damian0358

Last edited:
He noticed the cyborg, if he recalled correctly — Ted, appearing considerably gloomy. Heilwyn bent slightly, speaking softer. "Hey, buddy. You okay? Circuitry not burnt out about this or anything?"
Ted looked over to his armored colleague, giving him a slightly defeated look. "I still think this has to be some sort of mistake, me being involved in this initiative. I even lodged a complaint notice ages ago, and they told me I was wrong!"

Indignant, he dropped his head down with a sigh. "My AI was not designed for this..."

"My AI was not designed for this..."

Heilwyn had to consider his answer. The AGIs of his universe were highly advanced, capable of complex computations that were simply unfeasible for his human mind, but rarely did they display such depth to their emotions as Ted here presented, save perhaps the Philo-Sofer class. "It'll be alright, buddy. If I know AI is that you guys are more capable than you, yourself, think." He knocked a fist against his battle plate. "You'll do fine, and if there's something in our way, you just get behind me and I'll handle the rest. Deal?" He extended a black, armoured fist out for Ted in solidarity and completion of their deal. He doubts the AI would know of their Solenite customs, especially ones between soldiers who served, but for Heilwyn, it helped adjusting himself.

"It'll be alright, buddy. If I know AI is that you guys are more capable than you, yourself, think." He knocked a fist against his battle plate. "You'll do fine, and if there's something in our way, you just get behind me and I'll handle the rest. Deal?" He extended a black, armoured fist out for Ted in solidarity and completion of their deal.
Ted looked briefly at the fist in confusion, before realizing that maybe he was offering something called a 'fist bump', a thing he had seen whilst rediscovering his home universe. Pensively, he bumped his fist into his, with Heilwyn noticing that Ted took a bit to figure out what to do.

"...deal," he said as fists collided. As he retracted his fist, he continued. "If nothing else, the last thing I'd want to be is a burden, and someone that doesn't get along, so I'll try what I can..."

"Take the rest of the day off, Val. Maybe the week too." She tapped her bartender on the shoulder and turned her attention to the clientele.
Lucy giving her the week off? Oh this was serious; Val responded quizzically with a nod, handing over the towel with nary a word. What in the world could this guy be offering to the literal heiress to hell to warrant capitulating like this? She made three quiet steps to the back wall to reach for her personal bottle of unmarked brown liquor, pouring a healthy dram into an awaiting glass as she listened to the Plumber plead his case. The instant he said they would need to step outside she rolled her eyes at the timing of it all, before quickly draining the glass with a stifled cough. "All right, all right, I'll come with. You're lucky Lucy's giving me the night off, you know. Wait here." She tossed the glass into a rapidly filling bin beneath the bar and disappeared into the back momentarily, reemerging fully dressed. "Lead on, Plumber boy," she mockingly commanded, adjusting the lapels of her suit jacket to lay flat and adjusting how the coat lay on her shoulders.

Little Dis was as active as ever with neon lights and loud music filing the streets, turning into the already active nightlife into something approaching a party atmosphere. The Helldiver's kegger was certainly no small portion of this, but the number of street carts and traveling performances going on independent of the bar's scheduling was certainly greater than normally expected. Alas, it seemed that fate would not allow for her to explore such, as the man from the bar directed the two demonesses to an awaiting car, a featureless sedan with rust creeping into one wheel well and a busted taillight. "Jeez man, if this is all you can afford on a Plumber paycheck, I'm starting to worry about your guys research funding..." Still, despite her misgivings about the car, Val climbed into the front passenger seat, already searching around the car and prodding at various surfaces. "Hey, where's the cigarette lighter on this thing? Figured a POS like this thing's old enough it should still have one and could use a smoke to calm my nerves..."

Unable to locate the lighter, she sighed and leaned back in the seat, only half listening to Prax rattle on about the security sweep and the anomaly it found.
We've been doing a sweep on the city to make sure things are safe and we kept running into an anomaly. Last week we figured out the source of it and its you. I think you know what I'm talking about.

Her eyes shot wide, before narrowing down, her hands making the slightest of motions towards the innards of her coat before deciding against it. When she spoke, it came out low and full of venom. "So you've gone muckraking and looked into my background... I'm not surprised, but I'm also not pleased. Better people than you have met a sudden and painful end for doing so; you are extremely lucky that Lucy tacitly pulls for you guys at the bar." She took a deep breath to calm her ire and then continued, some of the edge having dissipated. "Fine. If your HQ just wants to see what the deal with me is, I'll be... well I'm not going to say happy, but I'll consent to doing whatever bananas tests they want. But, BUT, in return, you guys better be willing to help me deal with the idiots who caused this whole mess in the first place. If you truly looked into my past, you know exactly who I'm talking about..."

She caught Noel's glance and her lips drooped. "Sounds like we're gonna have to put the duet on hold, girlie. If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure I'd much rather be doing that right now than this..."

Last edited:
"Sounds like we're gonna have to put the duet on hold, girlie. If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure I'd much rather be doing that right now than this..."

"Yeah. No worries, really." responded Noël. Good. Val is more worried about her own deal. It does make me a bit curious, though, with how she reacted. "Things happen, and this is pretty important. Besides, Plumbers do keep their word. Usually."

Noël was fairly sure that the Plumbers had to eventually go back on their word in some situations. Especially if it meant maintaining stability. This, however, didn't seem like that kind of thing. Besides, Prax was just the messenger. Didn't need to take it all out on him. "Sorry for being snappy. You're just doing your what they asked you to. I get it."

Last edited:
"Your mind is going to be safe in that body and I'm not saying that just because I helped make it better. "She patted herself on the back verbally as she was satisfied with the changes she could make." Prax takes care of his own, mechanical teammates included."

Sloan nodded. "Thank you," she said.

It would always be difficult to tell what she was thinking while in this body - the Steel Dancer had no eyes with which to communicate any body language, and no lips with which to smile. In fact, at that very moment, Sloan was investigating sensory data, monitoring the condition of her shell after the recent upgrades. It was true that she was capable of more, now, but the ghost inside was already envisioning future improvements to go beyond. At that moment, Kher'as "spoke," although Sloan sensed absolutely nothing. There was nothing biological within her body to interact with the creature's psychic energy, and it wasn't until Moira turned to her and repeated her question that Sloan actually understood what was communicated.

Perhaps, if those with flesh would repeat what she says, they could serve as an intermediary with the myrmidon. They would only need to communicate in one direction as well, as anything Sloan said which could be heard by a biological person would be registered in that person's brain where, of course, Kher'as would sense it. Strange.

Heilwyn then appeared and made his own enthusiasm known. Sloan had seen his armor and felt it was crude, but nonetheless extremely powerful. She already knew that he would be much more effective at crowd control than she could ever be in her current body, but that was just fine. The Steel Dancer was built to destroy single targets. They would compliment each other.

On the other hand, Ted Coach was an enigma. He didn't seem to be built for combat, or even strenuous exercise if Sloan was being honest. He wasn't even enthusiastic for the task at hand, which was a strange thing to say about an AI. If he wasn't coded for this, and wasn't built for this, then why is he here? Of course, Sloan's disapproval was impossible to read. The Steel Dancer appeared emotionless at all times, but nonetheless she refrained from saying anything as Heilwyn tried to coax a bit of positive energy out of the reluctant AI, even going as far as to offer a fist bump.

Inside, she rolled her nonexistent eyes at the display.

"If nothing else, the last thing I'd want to be is a burden, and someone that doesn't get along, so I'll try what I can..."

Sloan finally broke her silence. "If you ever did, I would destroy you," she flatly replied. "...Nothing personal."

"You guys want a ride?"

Although her body was well-equipped for covering long distances with speed, thanks to her built-in jet propulsion and flight surfaces, it was a pointless power drain while they were still in the Citadel. Moreover, she barely knew her way around. "That would be much appreciated," she answered.

Last edited:
"I was asking how you were feeling about joining the Plumbers, but I take you area already excited for it."
The thought didn't really register with her yet, joining the plumbers. It wasn't something she was supposed to be doing, something she was "programmed" for. Her creators were a big fan of ensuring their creations did exactly what they were designed for through a careful release of endorphins. Anything that wasn't rewarded behavior was just not the "right thing to do". Fixing was what Kher'as was good at. She felt right when she was replacing a regulator, draining old oil, or reattaching nerve endings, but joining the Plumbers wasn't quite the type of fixing she was used to, but she also understood it as so much more. She was a [worker] in this colony, that was what she was born to do, and she felt some assurance in being able to fulfill her appointed destiny.

She couldn't smile, myrmidons didn't have any facial muscle to convey any sort of emotion, but she emanated a psychic warmth that was soothing, pleasing, but not overwhelming. The height of emotion she gave to others was something she had to learn to control while working with others, since sharing everything -including emotion- was the norm where she came from.
"Kher'as is very excited." She bubbled to Moira, briefly pondering to herself what else she felt. "Kher'as is also hungry."

She patted her stomach. On second thought, Kher'as was always hungry.

"Very hungry."

Even though she had shut down her stimuli to focus on the matter at hand, after all, it is always important to pay attention to any [queen] that her colony worked with, she daydreamed about what exactly she would eat, somewhat deaf to the thoughts going on around her. Thought, singular, really, since she could only engage Moira and Wynnie psychically, the two robots didn't have any biological functions within them (yet) that she could latch onto.

Her favorite was typically something high in sugar, or oil. Donuts were a regular thing for her, usually by the dozen, and that would be her meal for the whole day. However, she's learned the concept of breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and after some initial stomach aches, was able to semi-regulate herself enough to share a meal or two with her new colonymates. Maybe she should think about lunch food? She wasn't too knowledgeable about lunch food aside from...

The perfectly melted cheese, the long and oily dough, crispy yet strangely moist, and the puffy crust, the triangular shape...

Clink.

A tap of hand on the knuckle and proximal phalanxes of Heilwyn's gauntlet woke her from her dreams of the perfect pizza, clueing herself into Heilwyn's immediate emotions. Pity? Resolve? Camaraderie? Maybe. She didn't understand why.

"If nothing else, the last thing I'd want to be is a burden, and someone that doesn't get along, so I'll try what I can..."

She didn't really understand Ted, or what his purpose to the colony was. Usually, she was used to fixing machinery. Spacecraft, sure. Weapons, fine. Exosuits, no big deal. People, while she had trouble with people from time to time, she could handle it. Machines that she was supposed to treat like people? She never understood. People have a purpose in a colony. She understood Sloan to this extent: she is a weapon. Different from a soldier, but similar in many ways. One wields, the other is wielded. Ted? She barely understood his role as a tool, and she didn't attempt to understand his role as a person. She did understand being upset. Perhaps that's why he displayed that in his body language since he had no role.

"If you ever did, I would destroy you," she flatly replied. "...Nothing personal."

"Me too." She thought to herself. To her, to be without a purpose was to be dead. There wasn't a point in eating the colony's food if you were nothing. She turned her head to the intricately designed metallic warrior, then made a purposeful step to stand close to her. She had learned long ago that machines that walked and talked couldn't hear her 'speak', but body language was a language most beings could understand.

"You guys want a ride?"

"Yes please! Kher'as is hungry for pizza!" She resisted the urge to dance as the thought of eating pizza came to mind, but she couldn't help but transmit the mental image of the perfect, pizza she had in her mind. Gooey, floppy, and begging to be eaten.

Sloan finally broke her silence. "If you ever did, I would destroy you," she flatly replied. "...Nothing personal."
"Me too." She thought to herself. To her, to be without a purpose was to be dead. There wasn't a point in eating the colony's food if you were nothing. She turned her head to the intricately designed metallic warrior, then made a purposeful step to stand close to her. She had learned long ago that machines that walked and talked couldn't hear her 'speak', but body language was a language most beings could understand.
Ted looked on wide-eyed as Sloan just plainly threatened his life, and Kher'as stepped closer towards Sloan, as if agreeing with her. Had he known there would be folks that were this serious about this job, he would've asked them for citation in his earlier complaint notices...

Then he watched as Kher'as couldn't keep her excitement down for whatever reason. He wondered what she was thinking.

1716270474863.png

The last thing she remembered was being shot by something loud, something powerful. There was still a numbing pain in her stomach area. Before she found herself where she is now, Kiriko was in the grassy plains of northeast Japan, bleeding out.

Now she was here... wherever here was. Kiriko paid more attention to her surroundings. rather than the others who were talking around her. They didn't look like her, yet spoke her language. Aside from some tonal differences, she could understand what they were saying.

Bright lights, words on glass, and metallic walls. All foreign concepts to someone who lived during more simple times.

Her attention returned to the women in the white coat and glasses when she mentioned her name, explaining to the newest person to enter the room her situation. After a brief exchange, it was the short-haired woman's turn to address them. Kiriko looked over to Ying as she was the first to respond to them. Like the others before, she could hear her native language leave Ying's lips, but there was a tonal difference that told Kiriko they were not from the homeland.

Now it was Kiriko's turn to speak. Her eyes looked at Checker's hand first, then up to her face.

"私は死んだのか?"
("Am I dead?")

That was just one of many questions flooding her mind.

A new noise caught her attention. Her eyes shifted to the tank of water on the table where the... fish? Creature? Whatever it was, it floated around, staring in her general direction.

What the hell is his place?

joshuadim joshuadim TheRealAngeloftheStorm TheRealAngeloftheStorm Breadman Breadman

"Things happen, and this is pretty important. Besides, Plumbers do keep their word. Usually."

Val let off a "tch" and leaned back in the seat, her hands knitted behind her head. "Noel, just so you know, the Plumbers aren't the first all-powerful, all-seeing organization I've had the fortune of crossing paths with," she said with enough derision to kill an ox. "And they certainly wouldn't be the first to make promises they subsequently didn't keep. So with all respect... I'll believe it when I see it.

She lifted a hand out in a gesture for Prax to proceed. "Welp, onwards then, Jeeves. We dare not make our audience await." A confused look came over her and she turned to look at their driver. "Actually, now that I think about it... what IS your name?"

Last edited:
Elaine's Medical Clinic, 34th Saint Hospital

She and I are different. Consider her a past incarnation. I do not have her memories, but the Heavenly Demon’s skills are mine to use. Muted, weakened, but they are still there, etched into this vessel. Ready to be wielded against the enemies of the Citadel.
"Heavenly demon, huh?" Checker wondered if Ying meant the same demons that they encounter almost daily or if there is a different variety from where she is from. Either way, she could see why they send her to be part of Delta. Ying may not be a god, but if she is reincarnated from a powerful being learning to harness her powers, then that means she would grow to be a force to be reckoned with. If her reality is currently in stasis due to Outsider interference, then that would spell bad news for everyone. "According to HQ, a stalker unit is chasing after potential leads of the Outsiders and their henchmen. If we're lucky we may find a location of a vault containing whats missing from your world."

Am I dead?
"Oh no." Checkers hook her head, trying to keep a relaxed tone "You're very much alive, like us. You're just...stuck somewhere else." She looked at both of them while maintaining about as a reassuring smile as she can "Tell you what, come with me down to HQ and we'll get you sorted properly."

"Our friend wants your attention." Elaine pointed at Slerk as he was playing in his aquarium, performing what looked like some tricks and gurgling loudly. As loudly as he could underwater. Checkers tilted her head as he looked absolutely adorable. "I think he wants out."

"Yeah..." She smiled at the little guy and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Nice try mister. You're not getting out." the plumber turned her attention to Elaine "Call us some transport to HQ. Preferably something comfortable. I'm not putting his tank in a trunk of a car." Back to Slerk "We're gonna need a way to keep an eye on you."
---
"I'm not part of the Plumbers officially, but they don't like members threatening each other." Moira spoke up in Ted's defense. "If Ted's on your team, they see some potential in him to get the job done. Just give him a chance." She tossed her keys in the air and grabbed them "Anyway, lets..." Suddenly her mind was flooded with the images of pizza. The doughy disks being cut into slices, each with a menagerie of toppings. The gooey cheese melting off the triangle shapes, dragging the toppings along with it. Not long after she felt an intense hunger.
Yes please! Kher'as is hungry for pizza!
"I guess you are...and now I'm too." She didn't know how to feel about this turn of events. Having her hunger awaken so suddenly and so intensely. "We're crashing the cafeteria." Moira pointed to the exit door of her office. "Lets get you there!" The mechanic led them down to the ground floor of the chop shop where their chariot awaited. The monotonous truck was ready to be taken out for a spin. Once everyone was in and safely secured, the engine began to roar to life.
---
Little Dis
Sorry for being snappy. You're just doing your what they asked you to. I get it.
"It's fine. I wear a badge, I drag you out of a bar. You're not going to be nice about it." Prax gave Noël a look "I've heard worse." A smile crept up on his face. " Still, you're lucky. Better me than Jonsie or Ismil. Those two lunkheads would have tried to get physical." As sharp as her tongue was, Val was right to be angry. She was probably missing out on a good payday, good times and some big tips. Still, she agreed to cooperate and that's all that mattered. Her conditions for the work were expected and something well withing Prax's abilities. He could only nod as she spoke since it was still reasonable all things considered.

The Plumber started the car, letting the engine come to life. As he drove, he rummaged through one of his pockets until he fished out what he was looking for. He then reached behind him to hand over the small item to Val.

"You can keep it. Got at least sixteen of them." It was a metal lighter. The casing appeared to be made to resemble aluminum, but was from a different alloy altogether. On the side, there was a logo stamped on it. It didn't resemble any brand or organization that Val would know, not even the Plumbers. "Contrary to some of my co-workers, I don't want to get on Lucy's bad side. That means not getting on yours either." They stopped as a band of demons was rolling a barrel down the street and stood in their way. "That said as a recruit, you are given some privileges. One of them is using all those toys we have to chase a lead you're after. Just if anyone in the demonology department gives you any gruff, tell them to fuck off. Oh and just call me Prax."

---
Outside of Plumbers HQ

The Plumbers HQ was easy to spot. A tall building that glimmered just like any of the other spires at the Citadel. The main giveaway was the giant bronze statue in front of the building that was several mathematical shapes linked together. The original meaning behind the work of art has been lost to time as the architect had moved on an eternity ago. The building is a construct of what the denizens lovingly call super concrete, mega steel and glass. The upkeep of the building is maintained by hundreds of small drones that patrol the building scanning for spots that need attention. As one would climb the spire, they would pass though different divisions of the organization working to solve the problems that occur when handling the titanic class of keeping the multiverse healthy. Chronomancers, demonologists, scholars of infinite mythologies and practitioners of applied sciences each have their own dedicated floors with their own labs and chambers.

The lower floors are where the more practical part of the profession are carried out. Dojos, gyms and ranges for those who wish to hone their combat skills and simulator rooms for the Plumbers who have other talents they wish to exercise. The ground floor is where Plumbers may find time for recreation, be it browsing the multiverse archives, going to the cafeteria or simply seeking some alone time in the private rooms.

In the basement area is where the real work is done. Generators spin endlessly to power the jump portals that allow the Plumbers to hop between realities. But before Delta could make their first jumps, there remained they would have to meet together.

First to arrive at the HQ was Moira's beast. Finding the right spot to park was surprisingly easy for her since everyone seemed to give the tank/truck hybrid a wide berth. One of the drones flew down to register her spot, but she swated it away with a hand. A press of a button opened up the doors, allowing for Ted, Heilwin, Sloan and Kher'as to safely dismount and walk around. Second on the scene was Prax's car. Like Moira, a drone hurried to pester him to register, only for him to push it aside as he got out. Despite their sharp words, he still gladly held the door open for Val and Noël to get out. Last, but not least Checkers' group would arrive. Along with her, Ying and Kiriko and Elaine had joined the along for the ride specifically to carry the fish tank Slerk was swimming in.

"Hey, the gang's all here." Prax sounded exited when he saw the rest of Delta's recruits form around. "Thanks for bringing them over, Moira."

"Figured I'd save you a trip and them the downtime." Her attention was drawn to Elaine and the tank Slerk was in "Doc, what's with the fishbowl?"

"That, Moira..." Checkers began to speak as she walked over to Prax and leaned on his shoulder "Is our assigned son, by HQ." She smiled in a way that could only be described as sarcastic.

"...I thought they were fucking with me." Prax's smile suddenly vanished as he looked in disbelief "They actually want us to take care of him." He paced one hand on his hip and scratched the back of his head with the other. "We're going to have a serious talk with someone about this." he finally said something.

"Lets make introductions first before you storm someone's office." Checkers reminded him. She looked behind Prax and noticed that a few others were coming to greet them. "Looks like our support staff is here too."

"Prax, Checkers." Santoro, the machine man spoke first as he came closer. "These our new recruits?" He observed the those gathered, his metal features hiding his thoughts. They didn't need to worry about those just yet. Behind him a few drones hovered in place. They were slightly different than those who were pestering them a few moments ago.

"Yes, I was about to introduce everyone. Can you have your drones do their thing in the meantime?" Santoro nodded and took one step back to allow Prax to do his job. "As some of you probably know already, you have been recruited into into an inter-dimensional peace keeping force known as the Plumbers." The drones started floating and distributing bracelets to those gathered. Each custom made to fit its bearer. "The short version is that each one of you is special in a sense that you can easily link to other realities and help us fix what has gone wrong." He pointed to the bracelet on his wrist "These little devises are not just a replacement for a badge. They allow us to communicate, travel around the Citadel quicker, move across realities and to pull us out quick if a mission goes wrong." The drones assisted those who didn't have an exact way to place their devices on their wrist. Elanine opened the lid of the tank for the drone to place a miniature one on Slerk's arm. The small fish creature took the opportunity to run in some random direction, allowing Checkers to show off a functionality.

"Lets say you have a situation like this." She pressed a few holobuttons and while he was running, Slerk was transported back at his starting spot. "You can set an anchor point for instance."

"Enough of the boring technical stuff for now. Lets make some introductions. My name is Dirk Wolderink, but you may call me Prax. This is Anita Ange or better known as Checkers." Prax looked to each of the new Recruits in no particular order "Ted Coach, I hope that Moira has been treating you well. You're an unlikely recruit, sure, but as you can see we're not short on those. Val'sharra Nightshroud or Val, for short. A hellion and bartender extrodinaire. On loan from the Helldiver bar until we figure out an anomaly related to you. Like I said on the ride over, we're also going to look into your problem. Heilwyn Gale, a firestarted and from what I saw a man who enjoys his humor. You're going to see a lot of action with us." he knelled down to Slerk "Well, you're Slerk. I have no idea what to say about you other than there is some potential that's not apparent just yet." He stood upright. He hoped he was right.

"Sloan Idyllwild. Despite some being quick to call you a cyber-ghost, you have been very cooperative with us and I'm glad to see you on this team. You and Santoro have some things in common." He glanced back to the weapon smith for a moment "Noël Lockhart. To some a patron to the Helldiver, to others a musician extraordinaire. As per our agreement, I will not mention the third thing, but I will say that your help will be invaluable. Kher'as Sha'kari... I see. A telepath and a mechanic. A pretty hungry one too." He looked at Moira. Apparently she was suffering the same hunger pangs as him "We're almost done here, just hang on for a few more. "He fought back the growing hunger as he addressed the remaining recruits.."Ying, Kiriko Okuda from one Outsider invasion survivor to you both, I am so sorry for your worlds. I know words mean little so let me assure you of this. We have hunted down several of their number and have cracked open their vaults. Its only a matter of time until we find what they stole from us."

"I am Santoro. I've been assigned to help you with your weapons and gear for your missions. Feel free to come and go in the armory to pick out what you need." The robot spoke as he looked to the gathered recruits, stopping briefly at Sloan "If it has stopping power, I can supply it."

"Hi, my name is Jim." A meek looking scientist walked forward. The man had a well kept goatee, large round glasses and a set of pens in the breast pocket of his coat. The bow-tie and sweater under said coat only completed the look. "I'm going to be your assigned chronomancer. Meaning that I'm going to make sure you don't get stuck in a time loop, broken moment or some other chronomatic catastrophy."

"Good day to everyone." Finally a more esteemed gentleman stepped forward. "I am professor Lazarus Cadwell. Due to the presence of demons in your team, HQ has deemed it right to assign me for assistance. I have to say Prax. I am surprised that Noël is the demon you have recruited. I knew it was a powerful entity, but not that its them."

"I thought you knew. Didn't Laz'Ar tell you?"

"No he...Alright you bastard, come out." Lazarus looked frustrated for a moment before he was engulfed in flames. The smoke quickly cleared as someone else stood in his place. Same face, but adorned with horns, wings and a tail. "You rang? Khehehe. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist surprising him like that. Oh where are my manners? I am Laz'Ar. An exile lord from one of the many Hells that have been conquered by the Khan." The demon bowed as he introduced himself "I am the other side of this demonologist duo. And may I say" He looked towards Noël and Val "This is an incredible honor. Please pass along my greetings to lady Lucifaria when you meet with her again."

"I rather they speak with your other half, who's less dramatic." Prax's comment seemed to have offended the demon. Still he refused to return for now. "Don't be difficult." He said with a more stern tone which seemed to have worked. A puff of smoke engulfed Laz'Ar and moments later Professor Lazarus was there again as if he never left. He seemed as annoyed with his demon counterpart as Prax was.

"You can be at ease everyone." Checkers looked to the team. "If you have questions for me or Prax, go ahead. If you want to take a look around the place you can do that too. Otherwise feel free to get to know each other better. Trust me, its better to break the ice right away."

Damian0358 Damian0358 K0mori K0mori Infab Infab Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian PixelSymphony PixelSymphony FabulousTrash FabulousTrash archur archur joshuadim joshuadim TheRealAngeloftheStorm TheRealAngeloftheStorm

"I'm not part of the Plumbers officially, but they don't like members threatening each other." Moira spoke up in Ted's defense. "If Ted's on your team, they see some potential in him to get the job done. Just give him a chance." She tossed her keys in the air and grabbed them "Anyway, lets..." Suddenly her mind was flooded with the images of pizza. The doughy disks being cut into slices, each with a menagerie of toppings. The gooey cheese melting off the triangle shapes, dragging the toppings along with it. Not long after she felt an intense hunger.

"I guess you are...and now I'm too." She didn't know how to feel about this turn of events. Having her hunger awaken so suddenly and so intensely. "We're crashing the cafeteria." Moira pointed to the exit door of her office. "Lets get you there!" The mechanic led them down to the ground floor of the chop shop where their chariot awaited. The monotonous truck was ready to be taken out for a spin. Once everyone was in and safely secured, the engine began to roar to life.
Ted sighed as Moira defended his inclusion in the team, still disagreeing on principle to the 'potential' the higher-ups see in him. Soon after, everyone who was biological seemed to be distracted by something with the exception of Kher'as, to his confusion. He wasn't sure what the context was, but with Moira declaring they were headed for the cafeteria, hunger must've come - a feeling he can't relate with, but it meant that food was coming, and he wasn't about to say no to food.

"If we're headed to the cafeteria, I'll have to get myself a super-sized portion, the kind that I wouldn't be able to make with the food replicator you forced into me," Ted remarked, unaware of what his words might imply to a certain someone present. As Moira's ride roared to life and launched, Ted felt himself sink into his seat.

Soon, they arrived at the Plumbers HQ, a familiar sight to him in the time he had spent here, whether it be coming here to lodge complaints or being called in to look at stuff from his home universe. To think that today was finally the day this shit drags him in... The group made their way in, soon followed by others appearing too, with Ted ascertaining that these are his remaining colleagues... all looking far more suited for this job. At least, all but one. He just tilted his head in confusion at the presence of Slerk.

Ted received his Plumbers bracelet, and gave it a look over as Prax began the ad hoc Plumbers introduction, nodding to each of their new superiors. Suddenly, the individual introductions came and he was the first one up.
"Ted Coach, I hope that Moira has been treating you well. You're an unlikely recruit, sure, but as you can see we're not short on those."
"...well enough, I suppose," he said, as he once more looked at Slerk in confusion. Is this what children typically looked like? What he has seen in his home universe's records had not prepared him at all for this. He shook off the thought as he paid attention to the others in the team, wanting to make sure to have them properly memorized above all else, followed by the intros of those they'll be working with additionally.

With everyone at ease, Ted watched what the others would do before considering to do anything himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back