• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Plot Idea: "The Lonely Knights"

ValentineIllusion

Whoa what's a custom title-
Yo, so I've had this idea for awhile, forgot about it for awhile, but remembered it again whilst browsing my pinterest boards. Now I'm super interested in it again, so here I am!

Few rules before I go on:
1. I'm not horribly picky about grammar - as long as it's readable, I'm happy.
2. My preferred post length would likely be 1-3 paragraphs, but that's not a hard rule at all. I'm not a novella writer by any means, but I can definitely write longer posts, and I don't mind even shorter posts at all. As long as it's well written, anything goes.
3. No mary-sues, no controlling my character, same old thing.
4. I do prefer playing females as my main character, but I can play all sorts of side characters, and this is a plot I'd be willing to double up on.
5. My plot introduces a whole new species, Lonely Knights. I'll add a bit for their specific species rules after I write out the plot c:

Plot:
I prefer Muse A in this one!
Being alone is one thing - something that many people even love. Being lonely, however, is a whole other demon.
Muse A is dealing with this demon after a particularly heartbreaking break-up. She lives in a crowded, urban city, almost always surrounded by people, whether she's wandering the streets or holed up in her college, and yet, she feels alone no matter where she goes. She has few friends, and lives far from home. It's a powerful, miserable feeling.
And then she meets Muse B, a Lonely Knight.
He calls himself somewhat of a genie, but instead of being summoned by rubbing a lamp, he's summoned by horrible loneliness. His job is to be her companion, help her out of her shell, and essentially, cure her loneliness. That may even include helping her find her true love - if that's the case, that's his job.
Muse B has only one rule: Do not fall in love. It's simple enough - at least, it should be. But the more time he spends with Muse A, the less simple that gets.

• They can't fall in love with humans. If they do, they lose their status as a lonely knight, and the human they're attached to is cursed to feel lonely forever.
  • They are shapeshifters. Most prefer a general human form, but can change it at will, or even into animals if they need to. If used too much, however, it exhausts them.
  • They have a hierarchy and rank system. The majority of them - including Muse B - are considered general Lonely Knights, who are sent to humans to cure their loneliness. Their leader is known as the Lonely King, in charge of overseeing them all, and punishing those who break the rules on love.
  • The amount of magic they possess is based on rank. General Lonely Knights have very limited magic aside from their shapeshifting, all the way up to the Lonely King, who has the power to curse people and revoke Lonely Knights' status.

Send me a note if you're interested~! :D

Sounds pretty interesting if you down a person I'd be glad to lend a hand don't got much experience but I'll give it all I've got

Users who are viewing this thread

Back