Idea Plot Bunnies You Can Use

bastion

just a little guy
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I felt like going through my old writing from when I was a teen, and figured maybe some of the ideas I had back then would inspire others. I'm definitely revising the concepts as I write up the summaries though, because I was a baby-writer when I came up with these and it shows. I'll include links to the original things I wrote in the titles if you're interested, but be warned, they are rough.

IF YOU DO USE ANY LET ME KNOW! I'm sorry curious if anyone will take inspiration from these.

Death and Me
A has lost everyone in their family, one by one. Their parents, their grandparents, their siblings... Until they were the only one left. In their grief they turn to magic, performing a ritual they believe will reunite them with their dead loves ones. Instead, they summon B, a reaper, who is now bound to A's service. The only way for B to be freed is to fulfill the contract, but neither A nor B actually know the details of the contract. Now they must try to find a way to set B free, while navigating life together.

Demon Princess
inspired by the Murder Princess manga
A is the heir to the demonic kingdom, while B is the princess of a peaceful human kingdom. Due to some magic fuckery, they swap bodies. All of A's powers are still in their body, meaning it's up to B in A's body to use that power to keep the demonic kingdom in line, while A must acts as an adviser, ever frustrated with B's gentle-nature and hesitance to use violence.

These Demons We Carry
A wakes up in the hospital with no memory of how they got there. Even worse, they're told they're pregnant, despite being a virgin. As time passes they realize there is something wrong with this hospital. They're not allowed contact with the outside world, there are no visitors, and all the patients are pregnant. What twisted things are happening in this hospital, and what is A carrying in their womb?

From here on are just plot ideas without anything actually written for them.

Desert World
In the distant future the Earth has fallen to ruin, nothing left but endless mountains of sand, deadly sandstorms, and the ruins of the cities that once were home to thousands. Now the remnants of humanity struggle in to survive in this harsh world, using the ruins and underground caverns to protect them from the harsh and unforgiving environment.

Fight to Rule
Every twenty years a battle rages across the land of Inferno as Daemon fight for the right to rule. The only thing stopping the Daemon from destroying everything and everyone in their paths are the Suppressors, humans with the gift to control a single Daemon.

Time-Walkers
There are those of us who can move through time. Born human just like any other, there comes a time when these individuals become something more, immortals unbound by the laws of time, Time-walkers. But every gift has a price. Time-walkers can never return home, unable to come closer than a century to their true time. The Time-walkers wander time in search of others of their kind, in search of someone to spend their eternal lives with.

Lost Children
Two alien families, survivors from enemy races, come to Earth to live after a war between their planets leaves their homes in ruins. The children of the families meet when they’re young, thinking the other is just a human. A friendship (or rivalry) develops between them and over the years their feelings for each other develop into something deeper, but when they find out what the other is, an inborn hatred creates a wedge between them.

Unnatural Forces
In the future, the supernatural world has come to light. A new division in law enforcement has been created to deal with crimes committed by Supernaturals or caused by unnatural forces, whether it’s tracking a rabid werewolf or just telling if someone has been possessed.

Last edited:
Wait, I have More!
These ones are actually fleshed out ideas with docs 0.0

The Dungeon
Dungeons. Strange living structures born from the chaos of magic. No one quite knows how these entities come to be, but all know deep inside each dungeon is a powerful artifact. Many seek out the dungeons, either to claim the artifact or simply to adventure. As a result, towns have developed by each dungeon, with thriving economies thanks to the adventurers.

Mural is not one of these towns. In fact, it can only be called a camp, despite what the “mayor” claims. It’s dungeon is tiny and unimpressive. It has gone unnoticed for so long it’s overgrown with plants. However, it would be foolish to underestimate Mural Dungeon. It will do anything to protect it’s artifact.

The Mad Island
okay, the introduction to this is too long to just copy-paste so I guess I'll sum it up as best I can
Basically three mages decided they wanted to do magic without worrying about laws, so they moved an island into a pocket-dimension and began doing their thing. The only law on the island was no one could take someone else's freedom. Anything done to someone had to be done with consent. Fast forward 500-years and the island has become a wildly magical place inhabited by the many creations of the mages and their disciples. It's a freedom loving chaotic place where everyone helps each other out. Just be careful for the stray magic flying around.

Slumbering
The village of Slumbering was once a sleepy mining village that no one had heard of. Located deep into the mountains, with only a single, treacherous road to reach it, there was very little that brought people visiting.

That was long ago. The village of Slumbering is now known for its many magical exports. Everything from advanced magic tools to raw chaotic energy to reality-warping creatures makes its way along Slumbering’s trade routes. All of this is due to the discovery made long ago in Slumbering’s mines.

Beneath the village sleeps an ancient god. From a wound in the Sleeping God’s head, living dreams pour out into our world. These dreams take many forms, but the most dangerous are the Nightmares. Living shadows that feed on fear and despair, Nightmares nearly destroyed the village when they breached the Sleeping god’s Cavern.

The people of Slumbering learned to fight these shadows, utilizing hope and love. In time, they founded the Knights of Slumbering, warriors who destroy the Nightmares before they can spread. The Minders, Sandmen, and Dreamcatchers followed, all serving the purpose of keeping the Sleeping God asleep, and stopping the spread of it’s dreams.

Despite all this, Slumbering is a peaceful, thriving town. It needs to be, after all.

It’s the only thing preventing the world from destruction.

I actually have a few more fleshed out settings / plots, but they're not as clean as these so I'll share them some other time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back