Idea Plot Bunnies You Can Use

Wait, I have More!
  • These ones are actually fleshed out ideas with docs 0.0

The Dungeon
    Dungeons. Strange living structures born from the chaos of magic. No one quite knows how these entities come to be, but all know deep inside each dungeon is a powerful artifact. Many seek out the dungeons, either to claim the artifact or simply to adventure. As a result, towns have developed by each dungeon, with thriving economies thanks to the adventurers.

Mural is not one of these towns. In fact, it can only be called a camp, despite what the “mayor” claims. It’s dungeon is tiny and unimpressive. It has gone unnoticed for so long it’s overgrown with plants. However, it would be foolish to underestimate Mural Dungeon. It will do anything to protect it’s artifact.

The Mad Island
    okay, the introduction to this is too long to just copy-paste so I guess I'll sum it up as best I can
    Basically three mages decided they wanted to do magic without worrying about laws, so they moved an island into a pocket-dimension and began doing their thing. The only law on the island was no one could take someone else's freedom. Anything done to someone had to be done with consent. Fast forward 500-years and the island has become a wildly magical place inhabited by the many creations of the mages and their disciples. It's a freedom loving chaotic place where everyone helps each other out. Just be careful for the stray magic flying around.

Slumbering
    The village of Slumbering was once a sleepy mining village that no one had heard of. Located deep into the mountains, with only a single, treacherous road to reach it, there was very little that brought people visiting.

That was long ago. The village of Slumbering is now known for its many magical exports. Everything from advanced magic tools to raw chaotic energy to reality-warping creatures makes its way along Slumbering’s trade routes. All of this is due to the discovery made long ago in Slumbering’s mines.

Beneath the village sleeps an ancient god. From a wound in the Sleeping God’s head, living dreams pour out into our world. These dreams take many forms, but the most dangerous are the Nightmares. Living shadows that feed on fear and despair, Nightmares nearly destroyed the village when they breached the Sleeping god’s Cavern.

The people of Slumbering learned to fight these shadows, utilizing hope and love. In time, they founded the Knights of Slumbering, warriors who destroy the Nightmares before they can spread. The Minders, Sandmen, and Dreamcatchers followed, all serving the purpose of keeping the Sleeping God asleep, and stopping the spread of it’s dreams.

Despite all this, Slumbering is a peaceful, thriving town. It needs to be, after all.

It’s the only thing preventing the world from destruction.

I actually have a few more fleshed out settings / plots, but they're not as clean as these so I'll share them some other time.

Back