• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Please Stand By

Thorn Darkblade

I know lots of things. Lots of things...
The car's radio turned on, playing its soft doo-wops, relaxing. Calming. Outside the window, an idyllic scene of amber waves of grain in a farm field could be seen. A farm, cows grazing peacefully, a smiling farmer, his wife, and two kids waving cheerfully. The sky was blue, everything was perfect. Even the cows looked overjoyed, and the sun was always bright. If anything, it looked incredibly boring. Those farmers were too cheery, too excited to greet those driving by.

The warm wind blew, dusty, as always. The rear window was broken out, and the back passenger side was covered in a thick layer of dust. The music was filled with static as it played. All but one of the tires were flat. The Minnesota license plate was barely visible through the dirt caked on it. All the lights were broken out, and the windshield wipers were rusted on.

A man ducked behind the car, as gunshots whizzed by his head. He turned back around and returned fire. Two of his pursuers dropped dead, before the third scored a lucky shot on the car. It started on fire, and the man using it as cover turned to run. It blew up, but he had gotten away just in them. The blast knocked him forward, against the hard road barrier. He turned around, just in time to see the gun being brought up to his head. It was the last thing he ever saw. His blood splattered over the beautiful farm scene, over the words of the billboard that said "Welcome to Wisconsin, The Dairy State!" Off in the distance, the crumbling ruins of a city could be seen. The highway was backed up with long abandoned derelict cars. The killer simply turned away, leaving the dying corpse to bake in the sun overhead. For the nearly dead man, everything faded to black.

War.

War never changes.

Working on a homebrew Fallout RPG, using as close of a facsimile to the SPECIAL system as I can make for dice systems. It's nearly ready to go into the beta testing phase, and I'm seeing who's interested in playing and giving it a try, and some input. The setting will be the Great Midwest Commonwealth, particularly focusing on the ruins of my hometown, Milwaukee, so I can give the setting proper justice and local knowledge.

This is a beta test of my rules, so, please be willing to give input on stuff that you think needs to be added, changed or such. Also be aware that if particular builds are too cheesy or broken, the rules may in fact be modified at any time to adjust and even out the gameplay.

Any questions, comments, or interest is welcome!

It's going to be a percentile system, based almost completely off of the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system, primarily New Vegas, but adapting bits and pieces from all Fallout games, as workable as I can make it. I'll be posting up far more in depth stuff once I make a forum for it, but, it'll pretty much be very similar to the games.

Hey, I've never been in a true Dice roleplay before, but I've been in a bunch of roleplays on another site that were DM-based RPs. So, if my lack of experience is fine by you, I'm interested.

Uhm...I always wanted to Join a Dice RP, but I could never find one that interested me...is it cool if I join yours? I mean, dice and Fallout, what more could a guy ask for?!

Alrighty! Five sounds like a good number. @KStrausser, @SpicyWatterson-Kun,  @Venom Adhamm, @Raizel, and maybe @zanarkand!!!! As I said, these are playtesting rules, so they may be altered, changed, or you may outright be refunded perks and such if something turns out to be truly gamebreaking. Plus, a fair warning, it may take some time between posts as I figure things out.. It'll honestly probably be posted up in the Hosted Projects section, as that'll give me some space to post different sections of rules for everyone to peruse.

Sound good?

Sounds good to me. By the way, sorry if this is a stupid question, but are we all going to be in a party together or will we be spread out and on our own?

That is undecided. I might actually do small little preludes to test certain bits of rules on each of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back