• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Player's Choice | open-ended fantasy

Ravenclaw

Character signup || OOC || thread [not open yet]​

I want to make a RP that incorporates multiple PCs. Their stories may or may not be interconnected, and they may or may not regularly interact. However, as the GM I will throw in plot events, which each player will then have to react to. If an evil witch arrives in the village, it will affect everyone—but differently. The fighter classes may need to man the boundaries; the magician classes may prepare for the duel of their lives; the rogue classes may team up or secretly be behind the villain's actions; villagers may be afflicted by the magic... and so on.

This is essentially an open-ended slightly sandbox-type fantasy RP (there is no real plot, and a lot of liberty for players to create the kingdom), and characters could definitely interact and develop relationships over time by running into one another and forming alliances. Non-humans are potentially an option as well, as long as they can reasonably react to what the other characters do.

Here are some examples of scenarios you may be confronted with:
  • A dragon descends upon the kingdom. It wants something from someone, but who and what?
  • Dark magic begins to seep into the kingdom.
  • An army from a faraway land is planning a raid.
  • The king has fallen from power.
  • The village clerics die, but a terrible sickness is proliferating over the land.
  • A serious warning is issued to someone. What does it say?
  • It's the yearly banquet, where the entire kingdom turns out to mingle and mix with one another.
And so on. If it's more fun, we could also vote on which event to play next.

Let me know if you would be interested!

Is self made species acceptable?
I think that would be fine!!
Would a lich be acceptable as a player species?
Yep, basically no holds barred. It's best if you can interact with other characters, human or mom human, but if you just want to chill and do your own thing that's acceptable too.

Note
It would probably be more fun for PCs to interact, so I would be making an OOC where players could talk about setting up some way for their characters to run into one another or something. And I might start with an event that would bring everyone together, and then start on the more quest-y, adventure-y ones.

This fantasy world would also be accepting of non-human species (as in, they could mingle with humans and have communities... think the way that some cities have different neighborhoods based on similar ethnicities), which may be "unrealistic," but it's fantasy so nothing is really realistic anyway ;) I guess it might be unorthodox, but if the players are happy the GM is happy.

Last edited:
*Cries*
I'm sorry, just... this...
this...

it's so beautiful... *Wipes tears off of face* The radiant light of this idea transfers shivers cascading down my spinal ossein.
I'm in!

I want to make a RP that incorporates multiple PCs. Their stories may or may not be interconnected, and they may or may not regularly interact. However, as the GM I will throw in plot events, which each player will then have to react to. If an evil witch arrives in the village, it will affect everyone—but differently. The fighter classes may need to man the boundaries; the magician classes may prepare for the duel of their lives; the rogue classes may team up or secretly be behind the villain's actions; villagers may be afflicted by the magic... and so on.

This is essentially an open-ended slightly sandbox-type fantasy RP (there is no real plot, and a lot of liberty for players to create the kingdom), and characters could definitely interact and develop relationships over time by running into one another and forming alliances. Non-humans are potentially an option as well, as long as they can reasonably react to what the other characters do.

Here are some examples of scenarios you may be confronted with:
  • A dragon descends upon the kingdom. It wants something from someone, but who and what?
  • Dark magic begins to seep into the kingdom.
  • An army from a faraway land is planning a raid.
  • The king has fallen from power.
  • The village clerics die, but a terrible sickness is proliferating over the land.
  • A serious warning is issued to someone. What does it say?
  • It's the yearly banquet, where the entire kingdom turns out to mingle and mix with one another.
And so on. If it's more fun, we could also vote on which event to play next.

Let me know if you would be interested!
Interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back