• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Platinum Comics: a Superhero Mythos Building Hosted project

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Platinum comics is a project in which the purpose is to create an entire superhero mythos. We will be the writers who create unique and varied superheroes with different personalities and origin stories. In this roleplay you will be able to participate in large events that shake the boundaries of the universe or star in your own solo series. You can join a team of heroes or just sit on the sidelines and help to develop lore. In this world anything is possible. Magic and monsters and aliens and space travel. To quote Han Solo “it's true, all of it.” This is a world in which the only limits are your imagination and the rules of fair play.

GM commentary

Hello true believers. I am foreigner but you might already know me. Anyway, this roleplay is exactly what it says an attempt at making a superhero mythos with Roleplaying. I will be attempting to make it a hosted project. What I need is a co-gm who can help enforce the rules because I'm bad at that kind of stuff and also can help me brainstorm for events and stuff like that which I am good at but would like a second opinion on. Below in spoilers is my pitch to make this a hosted project and I would like some constructive criticism so that I can make it better so that this is more likely to get hosted project status.

Platinum comics is a superhero roleplay with the goal of creating a rich history and a fleshed out superhero mythos. In this rp players will be able to create their own heroes. They will also be able to team up with other players in massive events or star in their own solo series (or both). There will also be aspects of world building to this rp so as to flesh out the world of platinum comics.

In order to emulate comics quite a bit of sub-forums will be needed. Arguably the most important sub-forum would be the Character application forum because you can't have a roleplay without characters but this one kind of goes without saying so I should probably tell you about the more unique sub forums. First and foremost is the events sub-forum. This sub-forum is where large group roleplays contains several heroes and maybe even several hero teams are held in the style of comic book events like secret wars. Only they'll be held less frequently than marvel does them. Only GMs will be able to create events. Events will have to be signed up for to avoid character overflow.

Next is the ongoing series sub-forum. This forum would contain two different thread types. The first is something I'm calling solo series. Everyone will get a solo series once their characters are approved. Whether or not they do anything with it is up to them. These are essentially a place for people to build lore for and flesh out their characters by writing stories featuring just their characters. It's possible for characters to appear in another character's solo series as well but the players of those characters must ask the person whose character is the main character of the solo series first.

The second type of thread is team thread. You know, like the avengers. Or the Justice League for those DC fans out there. Team threads are small group roleplays of 4 to 6 people (maybe 7 if you want to push it) that are well organized. Once part of a team a hero can not join another team so as to avoid confusing times in which we might end up with two teams containing the same characters. Team threads require sign up first and it is up to the maker of the thread to decide how they choose people. The sign ups will be set up in the ooc sub-forum which I'm not going to go over because we all know what goes on in there. In order to set up a team thread in the first place the prospective thread maker first have to ask the GMs namely me and whoever I choose as a secondary GM.

Finally on the list of sub-forum is the lore and records thread where, you guessed it, lore is collected. This is where there will be a list of characters and their status as well as a list of locations and all that.

To summarize this: I need hosted project status for this roleplay because it requires multiple threads and is a complex mythos building project.

Interested people:

Shazam Shazam

Derpy Dev Derpy Dev (temporary co-gm only but he's welcome any time)

Nico Nico

Kaera Kaera

Loki777 Loki777

Doomyfish23 Doomyfish23

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman

Woke Woke

Shog Shog

Sitting and Dreaming Sitting and Dreaming

Spacing Out Spacing Out

@The Endergod

fin fin

You guys were in the original platinum comics would you be interested in the new one?

Fenrir Loki Fenrir Loki

You weren't in the original but I liked your character idea. Are you interested?

Last edited:
While this looks awesome, I unfortunately am not capable of joining any new RPs right now. But! I really, really like making up superpowers and characters, so if anyone wants help expanding upon a power set or creating a bunch of NPCs, hit me up in PM. Or heck, just throw out your ideas here.

While this looks awesome, I unfortunately am not capable of joining any new RPs right now. But! I really, really like making up superpowers and characters, so if anyone wants help expanding upon a power set or creating a bunch of NPCs, hit me up in PM. Or heck, just throw out your ideas here.
If you ever are able to join any new roleplays your always welcome.

Hmm... well, I can co-gm... but I must explain the reason why I can't join officially first. Basically in one or two months I've gotta go and I'll be without Internet for a month, so I can't make characters knowing that I'll just have to leave them pretty soon anyway. But what exactly do you need me to do as co-gm, if you're willing to let me take that job while knowing I can't do it for too long?

Hmm... well, I can co-gm... but I must explain the reason why I can't join officially first. Basically in one or two months I've gotta go and I'll be without Internet for a month, so I can't make characters knowing that I'll just have to leave them pretty soon anyway. But what exactly do you need me to do as co-gm, if you're willing to let me take that job while knowing I can't do it for too long?
Help me out with ideas for large events and help me enforce the rules. All stuff that I can manage on my own but would like some help with.

Help me out with ideas for large events and help me enforce the rules. All stuff that I can manage on my own but would like some help with.

All right then, I'm game. Just make sure to keep looking for a replacement because I can't be here forever. Hit me up in PM whenever you need anything, I'll be keeping an eye on this for now.

Alright. What do people think of my proposal to the mods? Any way I could make it better?

Grammar nazi's opinion: you keep confusing they're and their. Getting that straight would make it look more formal.

How I remember: They're is just a combination of the words "they" and "are." So read through your paper and in your head replace every "they're" with "they are." It will be painfully obvious if you used the wrong one if you do it this way.

I think I should also figure out a better ending than what I have. It looks like a fifth grader did it. My English teacher would kill me for using that ending. Any suggestions?

I think I should also figure out a better ending than what I have. It looks like a fifth grader did it. My English teacher would kill me for using that ending. Any suggestions?

Can't help there, writing in non-fiction papers and the like has never been my strong suit.

Hey! I fucking love this kind of rp, and I'm kind of studying to become a comic artist, so brainstorming this kind of thing is my jam, I'd be up to help u with plots and events!

Hey! I fucking love this kind of rp, and I'm kind of studying to become a comic artist, so brainstorming this kind of thing is my jam, I'd be up to help u with plots and events!
Cool. Interested in a role as co-gm? Also: language! I'm kidding. I'm nots so stuck up about that as I used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back