• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pitter-Patter | Private

Arlo and nice simply didn't fit together in the tired advisor's mind. An inprobability more like, or something that was wishful thinking. Even so, for the woman before him to admit such kindness was true, and that she in turn was showing kindness toward Arlo; that was a relief... somewhat. He couldn't completely shake off his pessimism regarding the young king to remain civil enough to make it work, but considering there was indeed a wedding ceremony still on the horizon and not to mention this one as well, he could afford to put such apprehensive notions aside.

When the topic changed to regarding her getting yet more tattoos, the man was a bit taken aback once she asked for his opinion on the matter. It wasn't as if Victor was particularly the most knowledgeable in the arts, nor would he ever presume to know Arlo's preference on most things but... the art displayed before him was rather impressive. In the rare times that the current king did paint - only to unfortunately destroy such paintings in a fit of madness, it did rival the beauty in those, perhaps even slightly better. His eyebrows furrowed as he considered the drawings with care, only to bashfully shake his head, "It would be presumptuous of me to choose anything in Arlo's stead, I know not what he likes. He's never been... forthcoming in his interests." All he likes is destroying and killing. The embittered thought rang in his head as he forced himself back from saying that out loud. "Um, perhaps a more simple design would do best, Your Grace?"

In regards to Elyas, a faint smile managed to fight its way on Victor's face, amusement settling within him. Well, she certainly described him quite well. A weasel indeed, and he certainly knew how to slip out of just about anything that anyone could throw at him. Quite infuriating to be sure, but as long as her guard was up then that would have to suffice.

"Ah, I see." The man clasped his hands together before him, the kindness in his face never wavering as he warmly approved, "Well, even if it is a bit odd... The sentiment is certainly sweet. I can just hope that His Majesty will... well," He glanced aside, "..Be open to that notion. He can be very.. er, what is the word..." Victor's expression turned somewhat wrinkled as his hands clasped tighter together, "...Callous. I can only hope he continues to warm to you, Your Grace." That was the only hope he could have for the two, after all Arlo was as uncooperative and cold hearted as ever, not to mention extremely against doing things he would think were unnecessary. Perhaps there was some chance when children inevitably would come that Arlo would open his heart to his queen, otherwise.. he didn't even want to think of the alternative. Perhaps he was being a bit too pessimistic but Victor certainly didn't trust Arlo to remain civilized, the boy was insane and his moods were ever shifting constantly.

Leana didn't say much of anything else as she thumbed through the sketches she made for her new tattoo, listening as Victor spoke. "I suppose I could come up with some that is simple and show them all to Arlo, get his opinion personally." She hummed thoughtfully as she nodded gently. So lost in her thoughts, she barely paid attention as Victor kept speaking, this time about Arlo's mannerisms and his rash ways, describing it as callous in a single word. It made her smile a little, because it was right. Arlo wasn't the nicest man there was, she knew that firsthand. "I can only hope he remains this way towards me." She said in a soft voice, giving Victor a long silent look before she offered him a small smile.

"That will be all for now. Fetch Arlo come nightfall, I'll be waiting in the garden by then." She told Victor with a wave of her hand, wanting to draw some more in her downtime before the wedding to get another design down and to try and ignore her nerves on the matter. The pink haired woman watched the pencil glide across the paper as she drew up another pendant design, this time simpler than her other designs. When she was done, she nodded firmly, pleased with her work, and closed the book to rest it on the table as she turned to look out the window. She'd have lunch in her private room while Arlo was busy with his work, and then just as night began fall she'd make her way into the garden for the wedding. There wasn't much planning to do for it now, Arlo would repeat the words she spoke, there'd be a bloody kiss, and then it would be done.

She sighed as she munched on the fruit in her room, pouring herself a glass of tea as she turned the page of one of her books to try and give her mind something to do. It was long waiting for lunch and even longer waiting for it to be time for the wedding, she'd braided her hair nicely and decorated it with rubies, and she was wearing a cream and red dress she'd had prepared for her eventual wedding. She was more than excited, eager to wed the boy she'd only known a few days. She knew she'd be safe as his wife, that her powers wouldn't be used wrongly if she could help it.

The soft kiss of moonlight was gentle, shedding a soft glow upon the palace's garden. It was silent, very much so but like Leana had requested, the gardens themselves were closed off to give the ceremony more privacy; Victor had already seen to it that he would await the two and thus was standing near the edge of the garden, however he was not the only one awaiting Leana's eventually arrival.

Arlo had managed to tear himself away from his work, though it was only through Victor abruptly coming into his study and remaining him in the ever irritating tone he used whenever the king fell too deep into his long stretches of working in silence. His eyes ached fiercely from staring at document after document, and there was no joy he was feeling in particular at the moment aside from the faintest emotion of irritation as the king tapped his foot against the grass, ruby eyes occasionally turning to look at the statue looming within the garden. Like it curse it was, especially more so in the gentle light of the moon, casting a shadow on his mood and making his expression pinch in displeasure, one that Victor seemed all too quick to pick up on.

"I'm sure she'll be here soon, Your Majesty."
"Is that so? I honestly don't really care if she shows up or not."
"Your Majesty-"

"After all, it's not as if this isn't already a waste of time, is it not?" His tongue clicked in irritation, an unsettling feeling beginning to rise within his chest. Oh, this feeling... it was trult unpleasant. A bitter sensation that tinged with something that made whatever heart left in the boy begin to drop into an icy pit in his stomach. Hah, she was making a fool of him wasn't she? His fingers flexed and clenched into fists as he crossed his arms, fingernails biting deep into his palms and snagging at the fine clothes he had changed into prior to the ceremony.

"Your Majesty, preparations always takes time! Besides, I'm sure she's not backing out of marrying you, Your Majesty-"
"As if I'm bothered by that!" Arlo's retort shot right back in a prickly response, the king's eyes blazing as he glared at Victor, causing the balding man to falter underneath the daggers being sent his way, "Why would I be bothered by something that foolish! I'm not a child!"

The king whipped his head around indignantly then, a defiance in the stubborn back that now faced Victor as Arlo's eyes shifted a few times toward the entrance to the gardens. There was still no sign of her... ah, that ugly feeling was choking him now. "...Was she with Elyas?" The question left his lips like a stone, a question he didn't want to speak out loud, but the irritating advisor sprung to his mind anyways as his teeth bit down hard upon his tongue, the feeling in his chest growing more so unpleasant as time ticked by. He hated this feeling... what wad it?

"What was that, Your Majesty?"
"Nothing. I didn't say anything." That was right. He wasnt making any sense to himself right now, and whatevet anxiety within him simply needed to be ignored. Was he perhaps being paranoid that Leana had suddenly changed her mind? Perhaps. Maybe she didn't wish to be wed, and if that was the case then he could always force her. After all, was he not the king of this world? He could do anything so-

The sound of approaching footsteps made his heart leap in a panic within his chest as the king went absolutely still, unable to look toward the approaching figure as the anger filled thoughts suddenly halted for just a mere second.

Leana carried the crafted box under her arm as she headed to the garden, aware Arlo was already there waiting for her. She'd dosed off waiting after lunch and overslept a little into the evening, if she hadn't woken when she did she would have missed their ceremony entirely. She blushed to herself as she hurried through the halls quickly, her heels tapping lightly on the ground. If she knew or Arlo's assumption that she'd been with Elyas, she would have scoffed right to his face. As if she'd ever share a bed with someone like that man. She had no intentions of stepping out on her marriage, despite what anyone else might believe.

Finding the garden was easy since she remembered the way, and she quickly made her way into it, spotting Arlo dressed in fine clothes and Victor waiting not too far away from him. "Sorry I'm a little late." Sleep was still evident in her voice, though she looked refreshed as she appeared in the moonlight. "I fell asleep after lunch." She explained with a hint of blush to her pale cheeks. She handed the box with the knife over to Victor for him to hold during the ceremony, she'd retrieve the knife once it was time to use it.

"Shall we begin?" She asked Arlo with a gentle smile, pink eyes twinkling with excitement in the moonlight. She was glad to see he actually showed up, and a little upset with herself that she'd fallen asleep so easily. If her maid coming into her room hadn't woke her... She didn't want to know how bad Arlo's anger could have been if she missed the wedding they both prepared for. She held her hand out to Arlo after her question, and waited with a soft smile for him to take her hand so they could begin the ceremony.

"Ah, Your Grace!" Victor's voice had echoed out above Arlo's head, though the boy stood stubbornly still as if to deny Leana any acknowledgement; but in truth he needed a moment to try and process the riptide of emotions going through him. One that stood above all was anger, although it wasn't as hot and blazing as it usually would be, it was still enough to make the king's fingers clench deep into his palms to provide an angry bite against his own flesh. The anger wasn't rational by far, and perhaps it was strictly for the fact that he was angry at her for even taking a bit too much time to arrive, and anger at himself for being actually anxious about her showing up at all.

The second confusing cluster of emotions came when Arlo had lifted his head, expression already set in a fierce glare in her direction, his lips parting in the beginnings of, "You're la-" But the angry accusation would die on his tongue at the woman approaching him. Confusion made the anger ebb, but it was replaced with something unknown... something strange. It was a coiling within his heart that seemed fit to make it stop, something that alarmed him as he took a step back as if she was some creature approaching him. The moonlight was a curse upon her figure - or a curse to make his eyes peer at her in a way that he'd never wanted.

She looked lovely. Was she some fairie of sort? A goddess of moon and spring that had come to drag him to some fool's demise? The blush that clung to her pale cheeks drew his eye, but perhaps what had captivated the king the most was the way the moonlight shone within her eyes.

It was perhaps one of the only times in Arlo's short life that he'd found something beautiful.

"I-" Arlo's tongue felt paralyzed and numb within his mouth, like that of a fool he could not bring together the words to form a proper sentence. Blinking rapidly, his eyes flashed down to her outstretched hand... a hand that felt like a trap. His expression turned tight and angry then, though once again such anger was not directed at her, but at himself. He refused to act like a bumbling fool! What sort of witchcraft was this woman pulling anyways?

"Your Majesty, are you alright?" Victor's voice made the king flinch, Arlo's expression struggling to settle back into passivity as the boy had grabbed hold of Leana's hand a bit too tightly, his fingers quivering in her grasp as he instead didn't seem all too eager to even meet her gaze, "Let's just get this over with already." Definitely not romantic of him to say at all, but if one would look closely, the tip of Arlo's ears were a bright red once more. Clearly the king hadn't completely mastered masking all of his emotions or reactions to Leana; not that he ever would but he certainly would try his damnest to.

Leana grinned at him when he finally took her hand, but she did not miss the anger he was feeling. She wasn't sure why he was angry, she figured maybe it could have been because she'd been a little late to the ceremony. She did arrive like a half hour later than she wanted to. She had wanted to be the first there, but falling asleep like she had had killed those plans. Either way, she was here to get married to the boy king, just as he was there to marry herself. She only hoped he wouldn't remain angry all night.

She squeezed his hand lightly and lead him towards the circle of candles, standing with him in the middle and letting Victor stand before them. She needed him close cause he was holding the wine and the knife they needed for the ceremony. "Repeat after me, my love." She said gently to Arlo, giving him a grin. "Victor, the dagger please." She looked over at the older man, holding out her hand to him for the dagger. When it was presented to her, she took it from the box, and let go of Arlo's hand. She cut the palm of her left hand, instructed him to cut his own right hand, and took the dagger back when he was done.

She breathed a soft sigh as she spoke. "With these cuts, I bind my blood to yours." She said gently. "With the wine, I mix our blood together." She gently pressed the knife to his bottom lip, and sliced it cleanly, letting him do the same to her when she passed the knife back to him. "With this kiss, I seal our souls together." She finished simply, sipping the offered wine before passing it to him, waiting until he drank a sip of it, ignoring the light burn on her bottom lip and the light trail of blood that ran down her lip and jaw. She hesitated for a moment before she leaned down a little bit, tilting his head backwards a little, and capturing his lips in a bloody first kiss as husband and wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back