• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pitter-Patter | Private

"There are other ways to work out your anger aside from just hurting yourself." She sighed softly, eyeing the wounded knuckles of his for a brief moment before letting her pink gaze meet his own. When she spoke of wanting to kill Markianos, she nodded her head, but knew it would be a hard endeavor to accomplish. "We must be patient. For now defying him would be the best option." She was pleased when he finally agreed, and her touch seemed warmer than before when he grabbed her hand in his own.

She smiled at him softly. "Come, let's get your hands washed and bandages and I'll send for Victor. The finest, sharpest dagger you own will be lovely to use for the ceremony. I'd suggest the one I brought, an obsidian one, but your guards took it when they went through my belongings." She sighed softly, reaching to help him stand as gently as she could. "Plus I can look over your stomach and change your bandages." She added, seeming to be thinking ahead in what they could do.

It would take a a while before nightfall, but she knew tonight to be a full moon and the garden would look lovely under it's glow - especially with the small circle of candles that they would stand in for the ceremony. "For the ceremony, before our kiss, we'll exchange a set of vows almost. Just the words 'My life is yours, from this moment on until the end of my days.' It will be a quick ceremony, nothing to lavish." She smiled as she explained the ceremony further, having forgotten that piece when she first brought it up. "Come, let's go to my old room so I can patch you up then we'll go to your study." She knew it was a risk taking him there because of the plant that had its own rain cloud above it - she knew he would ask about it and she wouldn't have any other way to explain it without telling him her secret. She had supposed she couldn't keep a secret too long - she knew the rumors of the Principality of Storm's magic. She would have to tell him eventually.

Crimson eyes turned away from her own as she had rightly stated that there were other ways to work out his anger. Like what? It wasn't as if there was anything breakable before him, anything that could be crushed within his grasp. Such a urge had not yet been satisfied, the only other alternative being the pain inflicted on himself even if it was through him merely striking a surface. It wasn't healthy, but the boy didn't very much cared what her opinion on the matter was, nor did he care about any pain inflicted upon his small body. It barely phased him anymore, exception being when regarding deep wounds, but of course even the most hardened man would show some signs of pain at deep injuries.

It's warm. Was his next thought as her hand remained upon his cheek, prompting the king's expression to tense ever so slightly as he could see from his peripherals that she was smiling again at him. Again, he wanted to ask why, but it was pointless to bother asking since she would claim something all too gentle and sappy only to expect him to believe her. How ridiculous it all was... but at least she was interesting, so he would permit her to continue in her odd behavior. Her words in regards to getting him tended to had made the boy scowl in slight annoyance, but he would not protest and instead had stood to his feet, grumbling, "I'm sure I'm still fine." It wasn't as if he was feeling any pain at the moment either from the wound, though that was a result of the painkillers rather than him actually improving in his condition.

"Of course they would take a dagger from you, did you actually think you could sneak it in?" The question wasn't very serious judging from his tone alone, though his expression had yet to truly improve from his previous anger, as he allowed a bit of silence to fall between them, considering what they could use in lew of her missing obsidian dagger, "I... do think I still have a ceremonial knife, it'll do." The knife had been passed down from King Aldrich and down the line of successors until Arlo had been crowned king, the knife had been lovingly taken care of and had been stored in the treasury due to Arlo having no need for the mere knife, considering he had more important things to worry about. The knife hadn't been used either, blade still as sharp as the day it had been crafted.

"Hah..?" An expression of exasperation had crossed his face for a moment, only to roll his eyes at the words spoken in regains to vows, "Too sappy for my tastes, but very well." He would play along to this ceremony as she preferred, it wasn't as if he truly knew anything about it. Royal ceremonies were far less intimate in regards to the couple, a chastity that was hung over the two in view of nations who would come to see the joining of the new couple to rule, as such the words spoken would be words repeated by the popes who should be in attendance, a strict oath to not only each other but the land they rule and the people.

Stepping past her, Arlo steps were heading in the direction of the now closed oak doors, glancing over his shoulder toward her, "Let's get this over with." The lack of enthusiasm being due to her having to check his stomach wound, as he remembered all too much that it had been very painful for her to touch it.

"You're not fine, though my love." The pink haired woman whispered as she eyed him carefully, worried for more than just his physical health. To her, from what she had seen and been subjected to, Arlo's mind suffered more than just his physical - and he was pushing himself far too hard. She feared his mental state after what he had suffered. She wanted to heal him, in whatever way she could.

"I do agree it might be a little sappy, but it's a beautifully simple arrangement." Leana chuckled, pulling her hand away from his face when he went to stand. She rose to her feet, dusting off her skirt as she did. The pink dress was soft against her skin and showed a more girlish side of the woman, the skirt itself was ruffled from being slept in and only added to the affect it held on her. Definitely not the strong sense of a Queen in outfit. She licked her lips at his question. "It was a ceremonial dagger passed to the eldest child of the Principality's ruling family. My father had hoped after I got to speak with you that I could have it returned. It's a family heirloom, and is meant to be at my side. But I understand why I can't have it." She huffed, looking back at him when she was done with her skirt.

She followed after him at his words, feeling pleased he was allowing her to continue to look after him. She only hoped in the back of her mind that she could be of a great relief in the boys king's life. That her attempts at kindness, softness and almost loving behavior were going to help the boy see that life isn't all horror and pain. That it could be so much more.

She followed at his side to enter the hall, eyeing him carefully as they walked. She didn't want to get his blood on her, but if he needed her help she would be there. She didn't say much else as they walked, eyeing the guards they passed carefully for a moment as they seemed to stiffen at the passing couple. It amused her, but she did secretly hope that they would one day not look at either of them in fear.

At the room, she opened the door and lead the way in, immediately crossing the room to the table where her little medical bag was sitting. Rummaging through the bag, she glanced away briefly to look at the plant with the little rain cloud above it. She could stop it before he saw, make it disappear and hide the rain that fell, but it was a beautiful thing. To bring life into where it shouldn't. She licked her lips as she pulled out the bandages she needed, motioning him to follow her into the bathroom so she could clean his hands with the water, allowing him to see the plant on the table as it flourished under the rain cloud. Maybe if he saw the good her powers did, it would open the idea of her being used gently - even though she could be dangerous. Certainly any children we have will inherit my gifts, Arlo would see it eventually. She reasoned to herself as she went to run the bath water to wet a rag.

Arlo chose to meet her whisper with silence, a lack of acknowledgement that his ways were not healthy. How else was he to live? How else was he to survive in this place, this hell? No, he had no other choice and he was far too content to continue on bad habits, to allow himself to continue to survive and release his pain on the only way he knew how. He could not be rescued from this, not now.

The dismal thoughts that ran through his mind were quickly discarded as the topic of conversation had changed, her responses being mere chatter in his ears as he moved toward whence they came, a subdued, "I'll see what I can do to get your dagger back." At most, it probably had been stored away in the treasury, or perhaps somewhere in the dungeons and locked away out of caution. It wasn't as if the dungeons are frequently used, as Arlo was one that had been the one to use the dungeons for methods of cruelty, most prisoners of course would not survive. Though, the boy would have to track down the captain of his guard; however... did he send the woman to investigate another village of some sort a few days prior?

A frown crossed his face then as he turned his head, looking over his shoulder to see if Leana was following, though glancing over her form she seemed harmless... but again as much as he was entertained by her efforts so far; it didn't necessarily mean that he completely thought of her as such. Yes, she was strange and did equally strange things, but she was still a danger to him like everyone else. Though, this caution was a mere result of his mood taking a downward spiral, the frown upon his face evident enough of this fact as he turned his head, disinterest finally overtaking him as he stepped outside of the throne room and allowed her to take the lead in the direction of her room.

The familiar hallways passed in a seemless blur, the boy not taking notice of the guards that would stiffen and straighten their posture in fear as they passed, for it was not strange to him. This was merely normal. Fear was something that permeated these halls, and he would normally be the source of such terror. Instead, the king only took notice of his surroundings once they had finally reached their destination: her room.

Arlo hadn't bothered to look into the guest rooms, for when they did have guests in his early years as ruling as king, and even beforehand when his brothers and father had reigned, the royals never would visit their guests in their bedchambers due to the implications of how improper it would be. Not that Arlo very much cared at that moment, especially seeing as Leana seemed far too stubborn and fixated on fixing the new injuries that he had inflicted on his knuckles that he didn't bother to protest or fight against the odd concern on his behalf. Instead, the boy would step inside as she had opened the door, taking a look around as he did so.

The room had been decorated appropriately, he deemed after a few seconds of taking it in. Granted, he didn't oversee the matter as to him it didn't matter what it looked like as long as there was a bed available to sleep in. It was inevitable then for his gaze to land upon where there was the plant and the peculiar small rain cloud above the object.

Arlo knew what he was asking for when he had looked into the Principality of Storms, though rumors were just rumors in regards to the magic the people held, just because he demanded for their eldest daughter; he also knew that such rumors could be nonsense. However, this was proven not to be the case, as before his eyes, evidence of magic was all too real; but what else would his mind immediately leap to except for applications of war. The possibilities were endless indeed! To have such power, could she summon even greater storms than this? To wash away entire armies effortlessly? Wait. He was getting ahead of himself.

The king turned his gaze toward Leana then as she stepped toward the connecting bathroom, a tightening in his expression and a tension in his body. Judging alone from their first interaction, and even the subtle moments inbetween, she was stubborn. Far too stubborn to bend a knee to his will, and now that he was aware such rumors were in fact truth; this meant that she was indeed much more of a danger now than before, especially to himself. Paranoia raged inside of him then as his steps were far quieter now, approaching the plant with the rain cloud above it as the king's tense expression did not ease. How long was she intending to keep this from him to begin with? What was she hoping to gain from this? Or was she intending on forcing him to realize the difference in power between them that they truly had?

He had no magic. And she had all the power here.

His silence persisted, a horrid and heavier feeling settling upon the boy as paranoia was urging him then to protect himself. She was going to kill him, wasn't she? That this was all a ploy for him to lower his guard and assassinate him- ah, but that wouldn't make sense considering she had all too many opportunities before. Was it to build his trust and then betray him? What if-

The king sucked in a sharp breath and exhaled, his eyes closing tight as his fingers came up to rub his temples, the anxiety within his chest feeling as if it had swelled into a ball that was fit to burst. Think. Think... Slowly, the anxiety lessened as he lowered his hands to his sides as he tore himself away from the plant, and despite the paranoia; he chose to ignore it and step inside the bathroom with her. Another period of stuffy silence would follow as the boy's red eyes pierced into the woman as she set about preparing to tend to his wounded knuckles, eventually speaking up, "When did you intend on telling me?" The icy edge to his voice had returned, a hostility lurking underneath. Was he angry? Furious? Or was he trying to put her at a careful distance now? One could not be sure with the blank expression upon his face.

Leana smiled when he said he'll look into getting her her dagger back, feeling pleased that he would try. She wouldn't do anything with it but have it as decoration anyways - not that she didn't know how to use the dagger. She was better with knives and daggers than she was with swords after all. And with her elemental powers she definitely didn't need any blade for protection, but she would wear it proudly if he could get it back for her. And then it'd go to their eldest child when the time came. "Thank you." She muttered in response, feeling giddy at the idea of having her beloved dagger back.

She said nothing as she sat on the edge of the tub, soaking the rag before wringing it out as she looked up to see him joining her in the bathroom. She said nothing as she took his hands, gingerly cleaning away with blood before she moved to wrap them, listening quietly to his question. "So you saw?" She hummed as she carefully wrapped the white bandages around his hands. "I never thought any moment until now was a good time to bring it up." She continued, tying the wraps off when she was done.

"I can be a valuable asset if you use me properly." The pink haired woman continued, motioning him to move his arms before she began removing the bandages around his torso, setting them beside her feet as she crouched before him to look over his wound. She used the same rag to wipe away the herb that had been over top the wound, feeling pleased that it was no longer an angry red as it seemed she had been able to stop it from being infected. "My powers aren't just for combat purposes. They can grow whatever plant or herb needed and in some cases could even be used to close up wounds entirely. Though it'd leave a burn mark." She chuckled, glancing up at him as she worked to rebandage his torso gently. "I mean you no harm, I meant it when I first said it and I mean it now. I wanted you to see my gifts because whatever children we have will inherit them from me. It's better you learn from me than try and learn while a child is learning." She added gently, fingers working softly to ensure the wrap was tight enough it didn't fall off but not too tight as to cause him discomfort.

Arlo's expression remained steely as he gazed upon her, awaiting her words. When she finally spoke, the king had to suppress a sharp sigh from leaving him as the pressure upon his knuckles stung and burned, a pinching in his face as she spoke that she could be an asset if he used her properly. Properly... so for mere farm work then? A harbinger of the rain? Certainly that could help the rural lands underneath his control when the weather proved unpredictable and not within their favor. But, should he honestly waste her to curry favor from people that served as nothing more than barriers between himself and potential enemies?

But, then again the people would warm to him more if he did such acts of generosity... however, would that put his power at risk if he elevated Leana's position over his own? Common folk were simple, it wouldn't be unheard of if they decided Leana was some goddess that had descended from the heavens, they perhaps would try to worship her and then what? The church would come breathing down his neck and demanding compensation for the blasphemy of their twin gods being disgraced.

His gaze met her own as she had chuckled and she reassured him with mere empty words that she was not there to harm him; and there it was again the prospect of children. Arlo's eyes closed as he took in a deep breath, forcing the paranoia and colder thoughts to subside. She was still his ally, for now that was and he should make sure he did not turn her against him. If anything, she was now his strongest weapon, evident of her defending him twice prior. "I see... ugh," Arlo winced, the slightest pressure against the injury did serve to give him some discomfort, though the discomfort was quick to fade as the pain eased upon her adjusting it.

"..Well, you've given me some things to consider." Arlo's expression slowly relaxed as he mumbled, "Things will be entertaining indeed going forward from here. As long as you don't turn against me, then I don't see us having any problems." The king hesitated then reached out his hand and lightly touched the top of his head, his grip light upon her pink locks, expression pensive as he spoke coldly, "..Do not turn on me, Leana." The warning was obvious, but it was coming from a source of fear, paranoia. After all, she was the newest person to enter his court, to serve as his wife no less. If she proved too much of a threat, he would have to take drastic measures to defend himself... perhaps he should take such measures now as a sort of assurance.

Leana hadn't said anything else as she busied herself with tending to his stomach wound, pleased by how it was healing. It would leave a scar no doubt, which would only add to the ones that already littered his small body. It made her sad to think such a young boy had been dealt such a horrid hand in life. She sighed to herself, raising her gaze to meet his when he spoke again. She offered a small smile.

"My powers don't need to be used for violence." She suggested gently, raising her eyebrows when he touched her head, feeling a little pleased at the soft touch he was giving her. At his words, she grinned at him. "I've no intention of betraying you, Arlo." She said gently from where she was crouched before him. If she wanted to, she would have done so already.

She finished wrapping his tossed, resting her hands in her lap when she was done. She licked her lips as she looked up at him, having a half thought of trying her hand to pleasure him, but deciding against it. He hadn't seemed to keen on it the night before after all. She reached for his wrist, taking it gently in her hand to remove his hand from her head, standing to her full height and sliding her fingers through his as she eyed him gently. "I want to bring some peace to your life, my love. In any way I can." She spoke in just above a whisper, pink eyes gentle as she looked at him almost fondly. Despite what happened when they first met, she meant what she said. She would do whatever she could at bringing him peace and when the time came pleasure. She wanted him to know that life wasn't always a heartache - that there could be good in it as well.

The king knew enough that she would state that her powers were not only for violence, for it seemed to fit her at least well enough in terms of how she seemed to be acting so far. To him, he was simply waiting for the slightest slip of her tongue that proved otherwise. Even if she was entertaining for him, it was rather from an observer's standpoint that he was looking at her with, a responsibility that had been thrust upon him due to circumstances outside of his control. If he had his choice, he would not have been put in this predicament of marriage to begin with.

It also wasn't as if Leana was unaware of what type of person he was by now either, so this kindness and interest she was displaying only served to both intrigue and make him desire to retreat. And her intentions, despite being laid bare before the crimson eyes of the boy would be met with an apathetic expression as her hand took his wrist to remove it from her head, rising to her full height before him and forcing the boy to look up at her.

The pressure of her fingers slowly beginning to thread with his own had made him desire to tear them away, as the holding of his hands was something that was unfamiliar still even if he had permitted her to do such a thing before. The warmth spread through his skin, invading what he was used to, hands that intended only gentleness and not cruelty. Then, she spoke a sentence so foolish, so outlandish that the king's expressionless face had broken ever so slightly, the gentleness in her gaze making his skin crawl.

This was terrifying again. It was scary. He didn't like this.

Arlo broke eye contact then, his eyebrows furrowing. Why did she keep saying the same nonsense? How much did she know? It made no sense. "..Why? Is it from some misguided sense of pity? That I needed to be saved?" The words were icy, the king's fingers loosening from her grasp, "That I need to be pieced back together? That there's something wrong with me?" The anger was flowing again, his eyes finally meeting her own as his hands pulled away, "Who told you?" It made no other sense that she would act this nice, this kind unless she was aware of his upbringing, someone had let unnecessary information slip. One thing he did not permit was allowing anyone to be privy to what had happened to him; the only ones that were supposed to be aware of his past were those who had survived him taking over as king.

And if someone's tongue had loosened... then it needed to be removed. "Who told you, Leana?" He repeated again. If she knew, then it all made so much sense now in his mind why she decided to be kind to him so suddenly. She saw him as nothing more than a broken child, someone that needed to be pitied, whatever concern she had was perhaps misguided and foolish. Not once did he need anyone's pity and he wasn't going to take it now.

Leana had been pleased he allowed her to thread their fingers together, her palm warming his own as she gazed down at him softly. She meant her words - she would do whatever she could to bring him peace to his horrid lifestyle. Even if it was in small ways.

His words took her aback and she frowned at them. "I see a strong young man." She said gently as she eyed him carefully, feeling the warmth of his hand leave hers when he pulled his hand from hers. "I see a man that needs softness in his life. A man that's known only hardship and pain. I want to bring light into your life, in whatever way I can." She continued, still frowning more as he continued to speak.

Victor and herself made a deal that she wouldn't say who told her of Arlo's past, as he risked a lot to tell her of it. She hadn't the intention of telling Arlo who told her what happened to him, even as he asked her. She licked her lips as she smoothed her dress, mulling over what to say. "I... Have seen the hardships that war can cause on a person." She said instead of answering his question. "I merely figured it plagued you as well. I did read up on some of your conquests before I came here." She continued softly, not wanting any harm to come to Victor because of her curiosity. And not wanting Arlo to think she thought of him as a broken child - she didn't truly just a young man needing softness in his life. She didn't want him thinking she was pitying him or anything of the sort. She wanted him to believe she wanted no harm to anyone if she could help it - that included his most trusted advisor in terms of telling her secrets.

Arlo's glare did not wane, at least not at first. The words she spoke seemed like mere flattery, to placate the king's wounded ego, to soften the bite of his rage. She claimed so far to attempt to bring some peace to his life; however he could not bring himself to put any faith in that, or at least any true faith in her words. Though he could not sense any deceit in her voice nor her body posture, it did not put him at ease. It made him more furious.

Her following claim had stunted the anger boiling within his chest, making it slow and begin to subside to a dull pain within his chest and a thrum of a headache within his skull. That... made sense, or at least enough sense as it could be considering his conquests had been taken in view of the world itself; and it wasn't as if Yore was a small kingdom now either. Rumors of his brutality would have spread, in hushed whispers far beyond his range of hearing, far beyond his kingdom's walls.

But, even if it explained just enough for her sympathy or whatever misguided emotion that guided her now, Arlo deemed already that he did not need it. If only for the fact that it was unnerving in the alien kindness that she insisted on displaying. "...I see you refuse to answer my question." He grumbled those words, his face dipping down in a scowl, only for him to shrug his shoulders in exasperation and let it go. There was no need for him to push more when she had given him a satisfactory enough response. "..I don't need your 'kindness', but if you want to continue making a fool of yourself, then go ahead."

A barbed comment from a boy who was still fuming, but it truly didn't matter now did it? No, it didn't. Whatever kindness she insisted on displaying, he would simply allow it to pass with little comment on his part.

Leana didn't say anything as she looked at him, feeling nervous at his scowl. Her words seemed to placate him for now, but she knew it wouldn't last. She'd have to tell him eventually how she found out about his past, but she would stall as long as she could. She licked her lips as she watched him, frowning still at his words. "Being kind isn't a weakness." She mumbled, crossing her arms over her chest. "You will life as more to offer than just horrid things." She said gently, eyeing him carefully. There wasn't much she could do to show him such things just yet, but it would happen. She would make sure he knew softness in life.

She hummed as she looked him over, feeling pleased that he was fully tended to now. "I'll walk you to the study and find Victor to discuss our ceremony for tonight. I'm sure you've plenty to handle." She said, motioning him to follow her out the bathroom, very much looking forward to having their ceremony to marry. She was glad he agreed to it, she knew their small wounds would help fairly nicely over the next week so they'd be able to go to the temple for their next ceremony. With the one they were doing that night, nobody could deny them to be married. She was already thinking of the dress she'd wear - she had a red floral dress she could wear or a white short skirt one. Either would work for the evening. She was leaning towards the white one, knowing it would show her figure and show off her legs more than her long skirt dresses had.

She watched him carefully as they walked out the room, wondering if they should try and get him into some clothes. "Would you like to get some clothes on?" She asked as they walked, wondering if he even wanted to get dressed. He would have to for the ceremony, she wouldn't want him in the garden where the wind could blow and give him chills. If he didn't, she wouldn't press getting him dressed, but he wanted to she wouldn't have any problem with helping him. She wanted to do whatever he wanted her to do, as long as it wasn't too violent. She licked her lips at the thought of helping him dress, knowing it would lead to a brief moment of nudity from him, feeling herself blush at the thought. She'd only seen him shirtless the last few days, never anything more. She was excited to see what he had to offer, though she knew he might deny her the pleasure of seeing him naked, but he couldn't deny her forever. She wanted the pleasure they'd feel, but she knew it would have to wait. He was still young and very much wary of her, that much she knew. So she would wait and not press it, even if she wanted to consummate their marriage after the ceremony.

Her claim had made Arlo raise an eyebrow, that kindness was not a weakness. How... misguided. There was no room for kindness in his kingdom, not unless he desired to reach a painful end. The doubt was obvious in his eyes, which intensified as he snorted and shook his head at her. "Right, right." There didn't seem to be seriousness in his tone, regarding her words as mere nonsensical optimism. Life not being all horrid things... well, he supposed that was true in a sense, at least in regards to war. Conquering nearby kingdoms and making the world bow to his whim was in some warped sense; quite fun. Though this was taken at the enjoyment of the downfall of both guilty and innocent people, it was still very much a brief period of time where he considered it a fun game for him to play, to at least bury life's trauma away so it would never bother him.

Regardless, the thought would pass and Arlo would follow as she had motioned for him to do so, though upon her pointing out to him that he indeed wasn't fully clothed, the king blinked a few times as he finally had taken notice of his lack of shirt. Ah. Even if the bandages upon his torso covered his abdomen, that didn't mean that it was enough, especially in the royal court. Perhaps he had been so wrapped up in anger earlier to truly care or take notice? Nonetheless, it was a moment of rashness indeed, but at the very least it would make servants keep more of a distance from him out of fear that he was in yet another one of his bouts of insanity... so, not entirely a bad thing.

Mulling it over for a few seconds, his gaze staring at nothing in particular as the familiar hallways passed by, considering it then saying, "Well-" It was then by chance that the boy's eyes flickered over to her face, seeing the creeping blush to cross her cheeks, causing him to huff as he shook his head, already having a inkling of what she was probably imagining or thinking of now considering her conduct, "...I'll do so myself. It's not as if the bandages will loosen, and I don't need your aid, pervert." He ended the sentence with a huff, a tinge of pink coloring the tips of his ears as he hurried his steps a little to move ahead of her.

"I will at least walk you to our chambers." She replied gently, feeling amused at his consistent use of the word "pervert" for her. She hummed as they walked, glancing his way again as they did. They were left alone for the most part, she had taken notice to how the servants shied away when they passed them by. She figured it was because Arlo looked uncomely in his lack of clothing, but also figured it would have to be out of fear for him and herself. She sighed as they walked, following after him as to make sure he was okay on his feet before she would leave his side for the time being.

She made sure he was settled in their bed chambers, touching his cheek gently before she smiled at him. "I'll go find Victor and get things started for the ceremony. Should you need me, just call." She told him gently, placing a kiss on his forehead before she headed back out the room, wandering the halls to find Victor to begin the preparations for their ceremony.

She found herself in front of his office door, knocking on the wood before she entered. "I've some things I wish to discuss." She said as she entered, humming as she looked around the study. "Arlo and I wish to participate in a small wedding ceremony here in the garden." She explained, eyeing him carefully. "I'd like you to be our witness for this evening. We'll be needing the ceremonial dagger in the Treasury, and some cloth to bind the wound on our hands." She continued, leaning back against the door as she watched him, curious as to what his opinion on the matter would be. "We'll go to the temple for another ceremony in a week's time. With this ceremony, nobody can deny us being wedded to one another, especially with you as our witness."

Victor, as was expected of him on the rare occasion that Arlo would be unable or unwilling to attend to the duties of requiring a king with paperwork, had been within the king's study, his own desk opposite the king's larger; one that was currently stacked high with paper on issues that had cropped up in the mere days following Arlo's assassination attempt. Letters from foreign kings, issues regarding trade or even lack there of in some regions, or proposals sent forward by nobles to improve their standing in society or to be elevated in status. All of these things, Victor was attempting to look over with care, the balding head of the man bowed over in deep focus and part strain as he was attempting to reign in his anger at the other male within the room; the younger advisor who Arlo had permitted to remain: Elyas.

The long-haired man was lounging nonchalantly in a plush cushioned couch, one that Arlo would frequently sleep on if by chance the young king pushed himself for an all-nighter. The long raven-black hair of the man and the clear blue eyes as well as handsome looks betraying his prior heritage of being a nobleman, belonging to the Aumberden nobles; and by extention a link to the holy church and his elder brother, Markianos. Of course, Victor was only going by orders to relay Arlos' threat to the pope, but he didn't consider that Elyas would have been returning soon either as the man was supposed to be out, having requested a vacation from the king when the boy wasn't in the best of moods, Arlo had been too quick to oblige and subsequently kicked Elyas out to do whatever he pleased, as the man was far too willful for an advisor and honestly Victor wasn't too confident in where Elyas' loyalties lay anyways.

His actions however put more doubt in his mind that the man even cared about the king's mental well being, as the fool should have known better than to allow Markianos in the throne room and demand an audience from the king like he had. What in the world was that idiot thinking? Creases formed upon the older man's forehead as he glowered over the paperwork he was reading over, staring daggers into Elyas as the young man yawned, his arms stretching over his head as he spoke up in a lax manner, "Old man, you still haven't finished that paperwork yet? You know how the king's temper is." Anger flared in his chest as he suppressed the urge to hurl the inkwell close to him, closing his eyes as he exhaled sharply through his nose, "The work would go by quicker if you'd assist, Elyas. The king did not appoint you to do nothing, nor did he appoint you to flare his temper."

Elyas' eyes crinkled in amusement as his arms folded behind his head, "Well, I would assist. But paperwork is beneath me. Besides, the king needs to improve his relationship with the church sooner rather than later, wouldn't you agree? It's in his best interest to, especially now with that little fright we had with that maid. Having the church's protection would be more so of a boon now than-"

The knock on the door had silenced Elyas' babbling, prompting both men to turn to look at the woman now striding in and addressing Victor who had hastily stood, trying to reign in his annoyed expression as he forced a smile upon his face, "O-oh, Your Grace-" He cast a warning glance in Elyas' direction as he had greeted Leana, the younger man straightening up upon the plush cushions, interest sparking in the young nobleman gaze as Leana had explained her reason for being there, her request making Victor's eyes widen ever so slightly, though he had bowed his head to her in response, "Of course, as you wish." It wasn't as if Victor wanted to stand in the way of Arlo and Leana, wishing neither of them any ill will, though more questions than answers had sparked in the older man's head as he heard footsteps resound upon the floorboards behind them, causing his expression to tense as he looked to Elyas whose blue gaze remained focused on Leana, curiosity in the depths of the young man's eyes as he spoke up, "A separate ceremony? How interesting... are you to be the kingdom's new queen?"

A polite smile had crossed his face as Victor had sidestepped, a silent warning flaring in his eyes as Elyas had met his gaze without flinching, his expression remaining at ease as he bowed his head to Leana, "I apologize for not making myself known to you prior to now, I was... away on personal business. I am one of King Arlo's advisors, Elyas Aumberden. It is a pleasure to greet you, Your Grace." The flowery words certainly fit a noble of his status, and there didn't seem to be any malicious intentions from the man despite hearing her intentions, yet from what the servants had uttered prior to Arlo's interaction with Markianos, Elyas was responsible.

Leana licked her lips as she looked away from Victor to the younger man in the room, eyeing him carefully as she crossed her arms over her chest. She stared at him quietly, nodding her head when Victor spoke, agreeing to what she said. She didn't say anything as the young man introduced himself, eyeing him over for a moment before her pink eyes looked into the blue ones of his own. "My name's Leana, from the Providence of Storms." She hummed in response, unsure as to if she were comfortable with the young man. He seemed too young to be one of Arlo's advisors, like he had a carefree attitude.

She stared at him a moment longer before pursing her lips together. "The ceremony will take place just after night fall." She told Victor, tearing her gaze away from the young man to look at the older one with gentle eyes. He seemed stressed, but there wasn't much she could do to rid him of it. It wasn't like Arlo would let her handle any of the paperwork she could see stacked on the desks. "Arlo should be here soon, he's gone to get ready for the day." She continued calmly, looking down at her nails for a brief moment.

She sighed to herself, glancing again at the younger man. If she had a thought of bedding anyone other than Arlo, the handsome man named Elyas would have fit that bill, but she had no intentions of sleeping with anyone that wasn't her husband to be. She'd not dare disgrace him with such a situation. She licked her lips as she looked at Victor again, nodding her head as she thought. "Do you have any questions about what I've said?" She asked him gently, figuring what she said had to have sparked questions in the older man's mind.

Elyas' eyes betrayed not an inkling of disgust or even shock, after all how could he? The man was all too aware of Arlo's decision long before he had taken a small break to deal with more personal matters away from the kingdom. Of course, he knew Arlo to be impulsive and rash, but then again he thought the boy would be dragging his heels on this issue and not relent for a single second until they would have to make a decision for him. Granted, Elyas had thought it more appropriate to throw some younger noblewoman at the young king, but Arlo had shown no interest, and certainly not even in the older women that had frequented the marriage talks that had plagued the castle for months on end. So, it made him wonder why this one in particular for a moment.

A curious look over from the blue eyes that scanned her form shown enough that she was certainly unconventional in regards to the women here. The signs of tattoos and the interesting suggestion she had put forth earlier in regards to his elder brother denying their marriage alone with some other ceremony had caught the young advisor's attention. It was intriguing, and perhaps a bit underhanded... but maybe that would serve the king well? How disappointing though. Such an interesting woman was being wasted on such a broken child, to what.. play house? It certainly would seem that way, but he would not give voice to the thoughts running through his mind. Regardless of what he felt, this woman would become queen. He would just have to keep an eye on things and make sure everything remains quite fun, wouldn't he?

Victor on the other hand still seemed a bit on edge as he shot a glare over to Elyas in warning, the younger man meeting his gaze and gave a relaxed shrug in response, turning on his heel to make some more space. After all, Elyas was known to be a womanizer within the court, and frequently goofed off on his duties to fool around with any women who would be charmed or fooled by the dashing looks of the young man. Regardless of this flaw, the younger man was kept for a reason and had been Arlo's primary advisor in warfare... even if the two certainly did not get along whatsoever. Hearing that Arlo would be entering the study soon was already enough to cause him to nearly get a headache, or at least an even worse one as Leana had spoken again, prompting the man's face to become a bit more serious as he mulled over the questions springing to life in his head.

"I-I fear I have many questions, but too little time to get answers to them all." He chuckled, casting a glance behind him at the paperwork still stacked high, "...But, I suspect I will understand soon enough if I'm patient." He would not speak of such matters here, at least not with Elyas still within the room. The young man still standing, granted a little bit further away from the two as to give them some space, with a pleasant enough smile upon his face remaining... there was no telling what he would do to perhaps make Arlo's temper flare. After all, the advisor and Arlo always had a rocky relationship that was only formed due to the child needing someone to encourage his violent behavior, and Elyas being too eager and certainly very clever to give him the wars he desired in a distraction from his grief.

Yet as that was spoken, the door had creaked open behind Leana with Arlo stepping into the room, the boy having taken to being cleaned and dressed appropriately, though his crimson eyes turned to Victor who had hastily bowed and then slowly turned to Elyas whose polite smile had grew into a somewhat mischievous grin, a grin that Arlo hated as he waved at the boy king, "Hello, Your Majesty."

The expression that Arlo's face had taken in the next second was nothing short of visible disgust, of an unspoken 'I thought I had gotten rid of you' or 'Why are you back' being the obvious silent messages that the king was conveying, especially considering the man had done something so foolish as allowing Markianos in the palace, well the boy was not fond of this idiot. Closing his eyes, he turned his head, ignoring Elyas' greeting to focus on Victor as he stepped past Leana, "Please see to it that you tend to what Lady Leana has requested. I do not need you in here." The boy stepped to his desk as he then settled upon the chair, seeming far too small before the stacks of paperwork and yet his expression did not change and instead had moved the nearest stack toward him and was already getting absorbed within his work, the frigidness of his attitude perhaps being a fault of Elyas being there or perhaps he was thinking ahead of other matters. Nonetheless, the boy didn't seem inclined to directly address Leana at the moment when there was so much work that had been piled up in his brief absence.

Leana hummed when Victor spoke again, eyeing the young man in the room carefully as she listened. There wasn't much malicious intent she could sense from the man, but something about him intrigued her. She figured he would be a fun entertainment in the coming days. Her pink eyes looked back to Victor as she nodded her head in response to what he said. "You will see in time." She smiled at him, a little nervous about what Arlo would do to him if she told him Victor had told her of his past. It weighed on her heart that she was lying to him about how she knew his past, but she would deal with the guilt at a later date. She had a ceremony to begin preparing.

The door opening behind her made her look back, and she smiled at the sight of Arlo freshly washed and dressed. He did look handsome in his outfits. At least she thought he did. It was much different to her first thoughts she when first met him just days before. She stepped out of his way, watching as he stared at Elyas before he spoke. She didn't say anything at first, just watched him as he sat behind his desk, which he looked far too small for, and began working on the closest stack of papers. She bit her lip, blinking as she looked at him a little thoughtfully. He will be such a handsome man. Such a shame he's so damaged. I hope to bring him to some light. She thought to herself, thinking it awful how he suffered over the years. How he continued to suffer.

She didn't say anything at first as she looked between Victor and Elyas, watching them closely for a moment before she opened her mouth to speak. "I will get things ready for the ceremony, my love." She called to Arlo from where she stood, already thinking of a red and cream colored dress she had for special occasions. It would certainly fit for the ceremony. "Victor, please come to my chambers when you've gathered what I've requested and I'll answer a few of those questions then." She looked at the older man as she spoke to him, giving a nod to herself as she went to leave, not wanting to waste any time or bother Arlo while he worked.

There was a heavy silence that had settled as Leana's voice had cut through, granted it was more of a surprised stirring from both advisors within the room. Elyas' eyebrows had raised, the mischievous grin upon his face faltering as his blue eyes darted from Leana to Arlo and back again, a questioning expression crossing the nobleman's face at the term of endearment that had been directed without hesitation toward the king. Victor on the other hand seemed quite shocked himself, lips pressing into a tight line to prevent any sort of smile that might have crossed his face. Though, such a smile would be one of intense relief, relief that the two seemed to be getting along well enough for now.

The boy to which the term of endearment had been directed had stiffened in his seat, a tension to coil in the body whose head was still directed to the papers before him, his teeth nipping the inside of his mouth as a heated flush had rushed through his body. Though the boy's face was stubbornly set into a expression void of much reaction, one could not deny the flare of pink that had managed to touch his ears as the king refused to look directly at Leana, opting instead to continue to read over the paperwork in his grasp, a restlessness now settling in the way he felt Elyas' eyes burning holes into him. Not in front of other people, you idiot. The scathing thought was a result of his own discomfort of not being accustomed to being referred to so lovingly, especially in the company of other people. It was one thing to do so in private, a whole other to do so with watching eyes.

"E-er, yes of course." Victor would respond, though casting a brief glance over to Arlo who had seemingly frozen in place, the only movement being from his eyes which seemed to be stubbornly fixated on the paper in front of him, and yet something was quite different. A subdued embarrassment from the king, one which bespoke finally of some innocence that had remained untouched which in turn made Victor's expression gentle as he bowed in Arlo's direction, "I shall take my leave, Your Majesty." A dismissive wave from the king's hand was the only acknowledgement he would receive, as well as the show of pink that had stubbornly clung to the king's ears. The sight was one that warmed the man's heart as he turned on his heel to leave, thus leaving Arlo with Elyas.

"..My love? Did I hear that correctly, my king?" The voice had made Arlo's expression tighten as the paper within his hands was lowered to the desk, crimson eyes turning on the now smiling man who had reclined in the padded seat across from the king's desk, "Aren't you full of surprises? I never would have thought that a boy such as you would ever get a woman to refer to you with endearment. Tell me... did you threaten her?" Pearly white teeth bared at Arlo in a devilish grin, a coy narrowing of the blue eyes that prodded Arlo's face for any faltering, any weakness.

Arlo's expression hardened then as his eyes shifted back down to the desk, not wanting to look at Elyas, "That is none of your business, but if we must speak of personal matters; then what of you letting in Markianos into the throne room? Surely, you aren't giving preferential treatment to your family members are you? Or are you going to brush this off as a miscalculation again?" A chuckle met his words as Elyas leaned his head against the headrest of his now comfy spot, "..You have a lot to learn still, boy."

"How long do you think that you can get away with denying support to the holy churches and expect them to not retaliate? Not only that, but to openly show hostility to people who should be your allies... you are a mess, my king. You cannot expect to rule on your own, and a heavy handed approach isn't-"

"Shut it, Elyas." Anger coiled in the boy's gut,
"I refuse to kneel toward anyone who dares to undermine my position, nor do I take very kindly to your tone. I've already warned you once that doing these things on your own will result in punishment."

Leana had already been out the door and down the hall by the time Arlo and Elyas began their spat, humming to herself as she thought excitedly about the ceremony to come. She headed straight to the bathroom after having a guard go and fetch her a maid to do her hair, deciding to bathe before she would get dressed. She sang a soft song in an old language, her soft voice echoing throughout the rooms, the cloud of rain above the plant having disappeared since she arrived. She would make sure nobody else saw her magical abilities that wasn't her husband to be.

She dried and dressed in the long skirted cream and red dress, sitting at her vanity set when the maid finally knocked on the door. "Enter." She called, holding up a brush. Her normal straight pink locks were curly now that it was clean, and she sat patiently as the woman brushed out her hair. She explained the way she wanted it braided, a series of braids that met in the middle of her head, starting from the sides. Decorating her soft pinks locks with the braids, she had the maid add small red rubies to the braids. Next she worked on fixing the ruby pendant to her neck once more, looking at herself a little proudly when they were finished. "That will be all. You may leave." She told the woman, watching as she left before she crossed the room to sit at her table again.

She read another book, one of the early days of Arlo's reign as King while she sipped at a glass of sweet wine. She was a tad nervous with the hours ticking by and the ceremony approaching, she hadn't thought Arlo would have agreed to do it. She was glad he was though, it was a beautiful ceremony in her eyes. The shared words, the bloody kiss, the bloody hands. Mixing of blood in her home kingdom was a sign of unity, it meant the two souls and bodies became one. She only hoped he'd be open to renewing the vows when their future children were old enough, to give them the option of her home kingdom's ceremony and his own kingdom's ceremony. She sighed as she sipped her wine, waiting patiently for Victor to finally arrive, knowing she would send him to bring Arlo to the garden when the time was right.

Elyas' eyes sparked with amusement at the threat passing from Arlo's lips, a smirk of his own twitching upon his face as his eyes closed in resignation, a shrug to his shoulders, "So you say, my king. But, everything I do is in your best interest," The nobleman's eyes opened as he leaned across the desk, hand settling upon the papers as Arlo's glare intensified. "...That being said, your wife-to-be is insultingly out of your league, boy."

"What?" The question left his lips before he could halt it, crimson eyes faltering under the blue that met his own as Elyas' smile grew. He didn't think this would elicit a sore spot for the boy, the rage brewing underneath the crimson eyes making amusement soar high in his chest, "Well, considering how unconventional this wife you chose is, she doesn't seem too innocent now does she? I wonder how many men she had taken to bed already with her here."

"That's enough, Elyas-"
"Who knows? Maybe should I test the waters for you to see if she's loyal?"

"Elyas-"
"It's not as if I wouldn't mind after all. And we wouldn't want another incident like Queen-"

"ELYAS!" Arlo's hand flashed out, grabbing the man by the collar of his fine tunic and tugging with all of his might to bring the sneering noble down to his level, rage making his fingers quake as his voice trembled with his anger, "That woman is to be my wife. If you so much as lay a single hand on her, forget going to the gallows or awaiting a trial; I'll gut you myself. Do I make myself clear?!" Red hot was his anger as his breathing was uneven, the boy's expression being so very twisted as he wanted nothing more than to drive the startled face of Elyas into the desk. How he hated this man, this disgusting waste of space.

The stunned expression of the man didn't change for a mere second, only for it to slowly thaw and a bemused smirk to cross his face. "..Hmm, so that's a new sore spot for you, isn't it my king?" The man's hands, dwarfing Arlo's own had grabbed the trembling fingers and forcibly pried them from their iron grip, a difference in strength that was a blow to the angry boy's pride as Elyas leaned closer, close enough to whisper in his ear, "..We both know you can't get rid of me. After all, I supply you your little wars, and I have more information too. Unless you want to be cut off, I suggest you learn where you stand here, brat." The friendliness that had coated Elyas' tone was gone, evident of the loathing that the Aumberden noble held for Arlo, and such was replicated in the ruby eyes that watched as he leaned away, face looking down upon him so similarly to Markianos that it made him sick.

"Now, let's see to getting this paperwork done before it's time for you to meet your little Queen later, yes?"
...​
Victor's steps had rounded the hallway, little huffs of breath leaving his lips as his hands gripped the box that the ceremonial knife had been concealed in. Plenty of questions were asked, as typical of the guards who did stand watch over the treasury and patrolled the area, however the eventual reluctant handing over of the knife had been at the very least without much more stress or chaos that Victor could handle. However, in the back of his mind, part of him was worried about Arlo and Elyas, considering the two always had an animosity between them, he hoped that Elyas wouldn't be pushing things too far. The last thing anyone needed was another servant dead at the king's hands.

Eventually, the man had finally arrived outside Leana's bedchambers, raising a hand and politely knocking upon the wooden door as he called out, "Your Grace, I have returned." The man waited a few more moments until he would eventually gain her permission to enter, and once he obtained it had the man stepped inside, closing the door securely behind him as he approached her, bowing his head in respect as he settled the box before the woman, "I hope this is what you were looking for..?"

Leana had lifted her head from the book when she heard the knock on the door, and after calling for him to enter, she smiled warmly at Victor as he made his way into the room. She watched as he set the box down, lifting it's lid as she listened to him quietly. She lifted the ceremonial dagger from the box, eyeing the craftsmanship carefully as she did. She ran her finger along the edge, testing it's sharpness, pleased it seemed to be kept in very good shape. "Yes, this will do nicely. I would have preferred the obsidian dagger I brought with me, but this will work mighty fine." She hummed in a pleased tone as she looked at him, rising to her feet to do a spin to show off her outfit. "Do you think Arlo will like this outfit and hairstyle? I do hope he does." She smiled a little as she sat back in her seat after letting him look at her properly, motioning him to sit across from her as she replaced the dagger in the box and shifted the growing plant out of the middle of the table.

"That Elyas fellow," She sighed as she started, shaking her head. "I sensed no malicious intent, but something about him rubs me the wrong way. I didn't like leaving him with Arlo." She shook her head, rubbing her temples as she turned her pink eyes on him again. "I got that same vibe from the pope when I saw him. Are they related?" She would make sure everyone who worked under Arlo and herself respected them, even if it meant being a little underhanded. She would figure out whatever skeletons the man hide in his own closet and use them against him if she had to. If it meant ensuring the loyalty of her soon to be advisors and subjects.

She licked her lips as she finished her glass of wine, setting the cup down again as she watched him with gentle eyes. "There is no secret I am experienced in the ways of a lady, in all that entails." She began softly, admitting to the older man she had slept with men before. "But I don't want it to taint Arlo's image or reputation. He already knows of such things, of course. I told him already. I've no intention of stepping outside my marriage, no matter what happens in the coming years." She hummed a little thoughtfully, nodding her head. "I digress. I can answer some of your questions before we have to head to the garden for the ceremony. There's to be a full moon tonight, it'll be perfect for the wedding." She smiled again at the thought, giddy at the fact she was to be wed in just a few hours. Even if she had been reserved in wanting such a match when she first arrived.

Victor's expression had relaxed ever so slightly as she had accepted the box with the dagger within, eyeing the dagger himself only for his eyes to be fixated upon Leana as she had spun before him to show off her dress and hairstyle, a chuckle leaving him as he inclined his head in response to her energetic movements, "I'm sure the king will be enraptured by your beauty, Your Grace." Polite flattery as usual from Victor's lips, but at the very least there was some sincerity there in the gentle twinkle of his eyes and his kind smile. Though, he had taken note that Arlo certainly seemed a bit more attached to Leana - a great relief in its own to the older advisor as he straightened out of his bow to gaze upon Leana as she had settled back in her seat.

The topic change wasn't what he expected however, his expression twisting to one of discomfort as it settled upon Elyas. That fool. "Haha... I fear you would've felt that way," A heavy sigh left his lips as he pinched the bridge of his nose, a familiar sign of stress in the man, "...But like you have guessed, Elyas is indeed related to Pope Markianos, they are brothers in fact. And Elyas, compared to Markianos' spotless reputation is a known womanizer in the royal court." The words were more and more difficult for Victor to admit outloud, for an advisor to show such conduct in the royal court was shameful, but due to Elyas' good breeding and influential family, there was naught to be done about his ways, especially since the only casualties were a few broken hearts here and there, but none of which affected the younger advisor's work: which he was certainly excellent at when he bothered to apply himself.

"And unfortunately, Elyas and the king were never too fond of each other. If there's a day that they're not at each other's throats, it'll only be because of war and nothing else... I fear that Elyas had encouraged Arlo's bad behavior for violence as well when he was grieving, though I know not why." The admission was followed by an exasperated shrug of Victor's shoulders, for as long as he had served the king, the estranged bond that Arlo had with Elyas was puzzling due to him knowing how short Arlo's temperament was, typically Elyas would be already dead by now, but Arlo allowed him to remain. Perplexing indeed, but he knew better than to ask questions when Arlo didn't explicitly give him details otherwise.

However, as the topic turned to Leana's status, this made Victor's expression turn somewhat flustered if only for a second, considering such topics typically wouldn't be discussed in Yore's nobility unless it was in truly private settings, to say the populous was more conservative in what they did behind closed doors was an understatement. Nonetheless, sympathy would be quick to follow as he released a sigh, "Unfortunately, I can give no council in regards to that. Considering matters with Arlo's mother, you'll certainly be under close scrutiny, especially with you being an outsider- ah! But, that's not to say that won't change in time!" He quickly added in hurried words, realizing his tone had taken a more negative tint.

In regards to the wedding, Victor's eyebrows furrowed as he spoke, "First, where do you intend for this ceremony to take place? I could gather guards to prevent anyone from intruding."

Leana grinned at his kind words, pleased by them. "I do hope you're right. He has given me permission to return to my homeland at some point for some more tattoos. It's customary for the wife to tattoo herself with some signifying her husband." She hummed happily, snacking on a few grapes between them. She liked Victor well enough, he was a kind man that tried his best with the circumstances presented to him. She knew he'd become a strong ally to have in terms of court life.

She listened quietly as he spoke about Elyas, frowning ever so slightly when her suspicions were confirmed about him being related to Markianos. A brother no less. She rolled her eyes at the admission of him being a womanizer, having gotten that feel when she met him. "I hope such things don't interfere with his duties." She replied with a sigh, shaking her head again. There wouldn't be much she could do to remove him if he proved valuable. Even if she wasn't too fond of him or his family, this situation wasn't like when she confronted the royal physician about his poor work ethnic.

She said nothing more as he continued, just listened quietly, mulling over her response when he was done. "I want to Arlo to see that life has more to offer than heartache and pain." She admitted softly, especially now more than ever since she learned of his horrible past. She figured with that in mind that her efforts would some day come to some sort of fruition. Why Elyas was allowed to remain was beyond her, not that she had a mind to question Arlo about such things. She sighed when he said he nothing to report about what she told him about her previous activities before coming to the Kingdom of Yore, just nodded her head as she stared at him. "I'm certain things will change with me as Queen."

When he asked about the wedding, she hummed before she answered. "I'd like it to take place by the pond, where we could really see the moon glistening down on us." She smiled a little at the idea. "Though, I'd like the guards to be at a distance. Only you will be beside Arlo and I during the ceremony. It shouldn't take too long from start to finish."

Victor was a bit intrigued by the admission that Arlo had given her permission to return to her homeland to allow another tattoo to adorn her skin. Interesting it certainly was to him to learn just little bits and pieces here and there of the illusive people of the small island nation. After all, it wasn't as if the island was well documented, and any previous writings about it were either lost now, or had been rendered to be outdated at this point; all that was left were rumors that may or may not have been twisted. "Is that so? I'm surprised that the king is being so uncharacteristically generous." It still was surprising him how civil Arlo was being... for once that was. There was no telling when the boy would lose his civility, or if he would happen to change his mind.

"Regardless, when you do go I hope you have a safe trip." Victor's face did pinch slightly at the further mention of Elyas, the advisor shrugging his shoulders, eventually hanging them in defeat, "He does get his work done after his fooling around is done... not that he does much of course, but he specializes in military tactics and espionage." The information at least would do no harm to Leana to be informed of such things, especially considering she was to step into the royal life, and as an extention Arlo's people would become her own. Knowing what servants excelled at specific things would certainly make things a lot easier, "Do take care not to get too relaxed around Elyas, he's very clever."

A kinder smile once more returned to Victor's face, easing away the unpleasantness of the previous topic and settling upon optimism. That's right, there was no telling what will happen when Leana would officially become Queen, and even then there would be plenty of time to make sure the general public as well as the more prominent and powerful noble families would warm up to her - especially the Aumberdens considering their more notable family members being Markianos and Elyas. Though, it seemed at the moment such a thing was better said than done.

"I understand, Your Grace." He nodded his head in acknowledgement of her explanation. After all, it certainly seemed like a private affair he would be privy to, he's only hoped that he would be able to do it justice. "..I must say, I am intrigued to see how it will go. It's not often that I witness foreign wedding ceremonies." He admitted in a somewhat excited tone.

"He's been a lot nicer than when we first met, but so have I." She hummed as she looked at him, knowing he had to be wondering how long such things would last. She felt she'd grown closer to the boy that she was marrying, though she had to remind herself he was an old soul trapped in a child's body from all he had endured. There were still moments of innocence she could see in him though, she liked those moments. She hoped to paint her homeland in a bright light to Arlo and the rest of the world, though there were things she couldn't tell them. She couldn't tell them the whole country could control the elements like she could, they would most likely attack and kill every last one of them if she did. She didn't want that.

She smiled at his kind words, pleased by them. "I plan on getting a pendant tattooed on my neck, I have some drawings if you'd like to see them. Maybe help me pick one that you think Arlo would like too?" She got up from her seat to retrieve the book she wanted from the stand beside the bed, returning as she flipped through the pages. There were simple designs for the tattoo and more intricate ones, she handed the book over to Victor for him to flip through. It was obvious she liked to draw and paint, the skill of the drawings was impressive if she had to say so herself. She listened quietly as he spoke of Elyas and his role, eyes narrowing at his expertise. He didn't seem much older than herself, yet he played a big part in the life of Arlo. She couldn't get rid of him without a good reason, and if he was doing his job well as of now Arlo had to trust him even the slightest bit. "I've no intention of letting my guard down around him. He is but a weasel to me." She hummed as she sat back to watch him look through the drawings, some of flowers she planned to get on her while in her homeland.

She smiled again when he did, liking the kindness in his face. She knew it wouldn't be much longer before she would officially be Queen, there were things she wanted to change in the kingdom where she saw fitting to do so. She traced the tattoo on her forearm as she watched him, glancing at the plant beside her that was obviously growing large by unnatural means. Victor hadn't said anything about it yet, so maybe he hadn't noticed. She hoped he wouldn't ask about it. "I will rule gently beside Arlo. He can be the firm hand the Kingdom needs, I will be the gentle one." She hummed thoughtfully.

"It's a little bloody for a wedding ceremony, but it has it's reason." She smiled gently. "I hope to redo it when our children are older in the coming years. I want to bring our worlds together - his and mine." She licked her lips, watching him gently, liking the excitement she could see coming from him. He was truly a pure soul in her eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back