• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pitter-Patter | Private

"Oh?" Arlo raised an eyebrow at that, though the concept in of itself was still quite strange to him. Drawing blood at a wedding of all things, to the masses of Yore it probably would have perhaps be seen as barbaric. However, to Arlo the concept of remarrying or renewal of vows was unnecessary, after all what was the point of marrying twice to the boy? The smile upon Leana's face however had made the king frown in response. He didn't see how such a thing made much sense, it held too much sentimentality, too much emotion that he could not grasp.

The king's heart had been frozen solid in a state of grief and rage for too long, and even if these new emotions that had made him act on pleasure fueled impulses had briefly overtaken him, he did not truly understand the weight of her words, or the feelings that came with it. He doubted that he ever would.

Of course, this was minor in comparison to her voiced concern on whether he would lose interest in marrying her the longer it took for them to be wed. The king's expression fell into apathy then, the nervousness in her gaze causing him to release a slow sigh. Oh how she seemed to be worrying about something that very much wasn't important. The king would be badgered into being married to someone, this much was fact. He had already rejected a long line of eligible candidates who he perceived as extremely boring, especially once he conversed with them in person, and she was worried he would lose interest in this whole situation?

"Leana," He began, his voice firm, the boy shifting over so that he could look at her face, "Do you really think that I will just toss you aside now?" His hands reached up only to then harshly pinch her cheeks inbetween his fingers, "Somehow you saying that really pisses me off for some reason. Do you know how annoying it was for me to sit through hours of boring women who had no thoughts running through their heads?!" His fingers then released their harsh grip, falling back to the bed once more as he shook his head at her, annoyance in his gaze, "I chose you. And I don't plan on going back on that anytime soon."

Looking aside her suggestion was met with silence then, the king thinking it over only for a devilish grin to cross the boy's face,
"Well, there isn't anything stopping us from doing both. To hell with Markianos' opinion, he was always a thorn in my side anyways!" He rolled over on his side, the grin widening slightly as mischief was glinting in the rubies that gazed at his fiance, "It's not as if I was approved of much anyways."

Leana didn't say anything else after her admission of her worry, feeling too nervous to say anything in the moment. Her pleasant memories of her parents renewed weddings vows had made her feel homesick for them, something she had felt fiercely when she was sitting in the dungeon on her first night there. She looked at him as she waited his response, licking her lips as she settled her hands back in her lap.

When he turned to look at her and reached out only to pinch her cheek roughly, she frowned at him, though she felt blush creep in her cheeks at his words. I chose you. They echoed in her head as she listened to him, frowning ever so slightly until he released her cheek from his grip. She rubbed her cheek where he had pinched her, taking a slow deep breath, feeling relieved that he wasn't about to return her to her homeland and somewhat sad that he wasn't. She was a bit torn in wanting to marry him and wanting to return to her old life - though she knew now there'd be no returning to her old life. "I'm glad to hear you'll still have me." She muttered gently, having not thought of how many hours he must have spent dealing with the other prospects for marriage before he settled on her. At least he seemed to like her.

When he fell silent in response to her question, she merely watched him as she waited for his response. And when he did respond, she smiled lightly. "We could go to the temple first then do my ceremony when we get back." She hummed, thinking it would be best not to show up to the temple with cuts healing on their mouths and hands. It would only cause more questions, and though they could say they were a wedded couple and only wanted to preform a small ceremony in the temple to ensure their union to one another. She liked the sight of his grin, even with its wolfish nature, she thought he looked rather handsome when he was smiling. It certainly got rid of the annoyance she had brought upon him with her concern, though it was only natural for her to be worried. Now she didn't have to be. "We can go in a little over a week. You'll be healed enough by then that moving won't be as agonizing as it is now." She smiled again, nodding to herself. "The herbs needed to really dull your pain will be done growing by tomorrow, so we'll be able to make sure you get the proper help in recovery shortly." She hummed, quite happy with the turn of events.

"We could do our small ceremony at night in the garden, with candles setup around us and Victor could be our witness. I trust him more than I do any of your guards or maids. He'll be a fine witness to the ceremony. Not many have seen such a event take place, so I wasn't surprised you didn't know of it." She hummed, reaching out to touch his cheek softly with her fingers after she scooted a little closer to him. Her touch was soft as she brushed her fingers against his cheek, her hand cupping his chin much like he had done to her before she leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips, one that lasted only a few seconds before she pulled back and rested her forehead against his, eyes half lidded. "I can't wait to marry you." She whispered honestly.

Arlo tilted his head in confusion at her saying that she was glad that he'll still have her. Why would he change his mind otherwise? There wasn't much that would make him change his mind unless she would turn out to become a threat to him, in which case he would have tossed her immediately at the slightest inclination that she desired to take his life; puzzling for her to be already willing to remain at his side. Or perhaps was she worried that he would dispose of her, to toss her aside if he grew bored of her presence? To strand her in his lands with no return of home? Though, this would only be achieved if she crossed a line with him, betraying his trust or bringing shame to the role of Queen; and even then such atrocities would be met with death, painless if he were to feel merciful enough.

The boy was not one to be too kind after all.

Her proposal for what they could do in regards to the temple and the subsequent ceremony had made the boy nod his head, though a huff of breath was expelled from his lips in exasperation at the fact that she insisted on him waiting for a week, if only in regards to his injury. It wasn't as if he were fragile! "It's not as if I'm easy to break, Leana. I'll be fine." A cloud of annoyance had settled upon the boy as he seemed to be sulking a little at the insistence; but then again the king wasn't really feeling the bite of pain that he should have considering the vial he had drunk from hadn't worn off yet. Plus, it wasn't as if Arlo hadn't experienced worse injuries than a dagger wound to the gut before, even though the king would be reduced to shuffling movements and sounds of discomfort, it did little to deterr the king if there was something he truly wanted to do.

"...Very well, in one week's time then." He relented after a few seconds, finding that there was logic in her words. Though in regards to the ceremony and appointing Victor as their witness, a slight smile had crossed his face, "Victor? Well, I suppose he would say he'll be honored or something like..." His sentence trailed off as he felt her touch on his cheek, a gentle touch that made him flinch. It was reflex to almost defend himself against the unfamiliar gentleness that she seemed insistent on showing him, shivers running down his spine as her hand had come underneath his chin, though the subsequent kiss was also very gentle.

Why? The question repeated within his mind though no answers would come to him until the woman whispered absurd words to him that made his lips that were still tingling from the kiss turn down into a frown. The pressure of her forehead upon his own, a closeness that he would never permit. "...Why do I feel like I want to believe you?" The words were spoken cold, a contrast from the warmth of the moment as Arlo was attempting to retreat from the warmth she was displaying, eyes closing as his eyebrows were furrowed, forming an expression that he used far too much. In truth, Arlo thought she was lying to him. To perhaps attempt to save her own life, his suspicions surging in dark recesses to protect himself from her. Do not let his guard down. Do not allow her to trick him.

Leana had honestly thought that Arlo would tire of her and send her from his company once they were wed, seeing as she didn't think they'd be bedding one another just yet to conceive a child. She honestly feared deep down he would no longer find her interesting and want nothing to do with her. But she didn't voice this right now - he seemed to like her well enough as is and she didn't want to ruin it.

She sighed softly when he agreed to wait a week, knowing he wasn't feeling any pain because of the medicine she had given him. He would be very uncomfortable otherwise. "I don't doubt that, but I insist." She muttered back gently, leaning back from resting her forehead against his to kiss his forehead. A chuckle left her at his words regarding Victor, nodding her head as she leaned back from him, smiling softly. "I can imagine him saying such things." She agreed gently.

When he uttered his soft words, she smiled at him again, reaching to take his hand in hers and give it a gentle squeeze. "Perhaps it's because you know I speak the truth." She suggested gently, knowing to herself she was being honest. And knowing it was probably hard for him to think her being genuine, with how little of such a thing he's received before. She squeezed his hand softly, sighing to herself. "You still need to try and rest if you haven't already. Come, let's lay down together and get some sleep." She went to gently move him to lay down, but gave him enough time to resist if he wasn't up for sleeping. Or at the very least sharing the bed with her again.

A frown was his response in turn to Leana, the gentle kiss to his forehead making him nearly flinch away again at the gentleness she was displaying. However, her suggestion that he knew that she was speaking the truth had made him not bring himself to respond to her, instead turning his head away as it seemed that his mood had dipped slightly into one that was more somber. Did he truly believe her? No, he couldn't afford to do so. For now, it would be best for him to play along, see where this woman would lead, for the boy knew not of her reason for her gentleness. There was nothing that should have caused this change within her, nothing obvious to himself that he even shared.

The gentle squeeze of his hand had interrupted the swirl of thoughts that were beginning to delve into suspicion; was she doing this out of some misplaced pity if not out of fear for her life? The question nearly left him, but her words in regards to resting as well as beginning to try to guide him to lay down again had made the boy's eyes widen as a warm flush spread through his face, recalling alarmingly what he had done prior to Victor entering his room or even Leana. "W-Wait-" The sudden change the nervousness was a puzzling one as the king seemed to be all too flustered for seemingly no reason at all. It wasn't as if Leana had teased him to warrant the light pink dusting across his cheeks, but his mind seemed too eager to remind him in all too embarrassing hindsight of the impulse that had possessed him earlier.

Hasty, the king's hands had flashed out immediately to push back against her in resistance, having every intention of putting some much needed space between them, and yet his hands that had been by all intents had been trying to grip her shoulders had instead been misguided, only for his hands to press against soft flesh, his mind having not caught up to the unfortunate situation he had now fell in. Gears tried turning within his mind, slow to process the soft sensation underneath his fingers, and was that... a heartbeat? The thrum of a heartbeat was certainly there, pleasant softness being unnatural underneath his hands as he was processing where his hands had landed, the pressure of his hands having increased due to the haste in trying to push her away that now that he had paused, his face finally ignited a brilliant red, enough perhaps to rival the rubies burning within his skull.

He was... he had.... he... his shameful hands were pressed tightly against his fiance's breasts, the sound of his own heartbeat beginning to roar within his head and drown out the more reasonable thoughts that it was simply an accident, or the more impulsive ones that demanded less than stellar conduct from the boy. A small sound left the king's lips, strangled almost and then his hands ripped away a floundering in the small body as he immediately scooted to the edge of the bed and in flailing arms and legs had in a clumsy heap had found himself unceremoniously falling off said edge and landing on the floorboards with a solid thud.

A curse threatened to leave his lips as a hiss of pain was his first reaction, cradling the back of his head that had received the most of the embarrassing fall, granted he wasn't too hurt at the moment, his burning face being the only evidence of the harm that had been done to him being one of shock and embarrassment.

Leana had stopped at his words, eyeing him curiously when he went to push her back. She went to lean away from him, to give him his space, and ask why he didn't want her to lay him down, but the words had been caught in her throat and her body stopped all motion. She swallowed thickly as she looked down at his hands, ones she never expected to touch her in such a way. Her cheeks lit up with blush as she bit her bottom lip at the pressure on her breasts, unsure if she could move in that moment to push his hands away. It was like her body just froze when he touched her.

But it would come to pass that he would pull his hands away, and she watched as he scooted away, as his face lit up to match the rubies in his skull, as he suddenly fell off the bed. She couldn't stop her laughter, but it would quick as she moved to lean over, feeling her skin tingle still from his touch. "Are you okay?" She hummed as she smirked to herself, feeling amused and aroused that he had so boldly touched her. Judging by his reaction, it had certainly been a mistake, but she didn't care. She had thought a few times already of his hands on her, and when it happened had decided she actually liked it.

Her breasts weren't too small, but weren't huge either. They would fit nicely in his hands as he grew older, though it felt nice to have his hands on her now as is. "If you wanted to feel me up, my love, all you had to do was say something." She teased as she moved to help him up, still chuckling to herself, even though she was blushing as well from it. Though hers was more of a sexual reason and not one of embarrassment. "I'd let you touch me wherever you'd want." She continued in a husky tone, pink eyes dark with desire, but she would hold herself back from trying to touch him in any sort of way. She didn't want to push things too fast after all. She knew that Arlo couldn't have had relations with a woman before, but if he had she'd be surprised. Judging by his reactions, he hadn't to her knowledge, and with how he expressed no desire in bedding her she didn't think to try too hard just yet to see it happen. Especially not with a stomach wound, though there were ways she could get around such an issue.

The pain, as fresh and annoying as it was, was something that he could deal with. A grumbled, and slighy muffled, "I'm fine," would be the initial response Leana would receive as now the weight of his embarrassment and now being flustered was now dropping down upon the boy relentlessly as Leana laughed at him, rewarding her with the king's reddened face glaring up at her with unbound hostility. After all, he was supposed to be composed and sure of himself at all times! This... this wasn't one of those times, especially that dammable smirk that had crossed her face as she peered down at him from her spot on the bed - did she think that this situation was funny?!

He could still feel the soft weight in his hands, hands that now were at his sides and tingling with the sensation. A scowl quickly was painted upon his red face, glaring at her as she reached to help him back up, though now with his mind frazzled, he was unable to string together a coherent or good enough retort to her obviously laughing at him. The blush upon her face made him feel a tingle of shame down his back as he looked aside from her, but this escape of looking away would be thwarted as soon as she had began to tease him again, much to his dismay. "Huh?!" The exclamation was expelled at a higher pitch, his eyes wide as his face colored a deeper shade. The... the audacity of this woman! Did she know what she was saying?!

"That wasn't my-" Such an exclamation was cut off by the second part of her teasing words as the world was threatening to spin around him. She wasn't serious, she couldn't be! Even if it was certainly permitted, after all she was his fiance and despite what the church's objections were in regards to her as his wife; by all means it wasn't necessarily forbidden. Besides, he was king anyways! There would be no one to speak out against him engaging in anything so bold, and if there were he could silence them easily! Right... right! Besides, Leana had made her intentions painfully clear before, and from her tone-

What was he thinking?! The thought of logic had slammed into all of his excuses, banishing them from the forefront of his mind, his eyes had trailed down to the source of his mental anguish, only for him to immediately try to tear his eyes back to meet her own but faltering as soon as the journey was halted at her lips, memories of the sensation of her own upon his had come back to haunt him in full force, causing the sensation from before to begin to rise to the surface, a flare of heat in his body and an electric feeling to buzz upon his skin. This was bad. He knew this situation was bad, but... there was no way she was serious anyways!

This thought would be crushed as his eyes finally met her own, the pink gaze holding something that he'd not seen before, something that drove the breath from his lungs. She.. she was... serious. Arlo sucked in a sharp breath as he staggered to his feet and immediately dove to hide underneath the blankets of his bed, his body half curled in on itself in efforts to hide the effects of the sensation running through him, the king's face being the only thing visible from the spot he was now tightly curled up in, "That wasn't my intentions to begin with, idiot!" The insult was weak, of course, but considering now that this situation was creeping to far out of his comfort zone, the king was reduced to that of a cornered animal, attempting to hide itself, granted for less than innocent reasons. After all, Arlo had never found himself in such a compromising situation before, so of course he was trying his best to compose himself before the situation spiraled further out of his control.

Leana had quieted her laughter as she watched him, feeling relieved when he said he was fine. She watched him from where she sat on the bed, feeling a buzz of electricity run through her as his eyes looked her over from where he was. It sent a shiver down her spine to see him actually looking at her body, excited her in a way she hadn't thought it would. She didn't even try to hide the smirk or look in her eyes, especially when his gaze stopped on her breasts and then travelled to her lips before they met her own again.

"They'd feel much nicer without my dress in the way." She continued her teasing of him, watching as he jumped up and retreated under his blanket once more. She was amused by this, leaning back on her hands as she watched him. "Accident or not, I think you wanted to touch them." She hummed with a playful smirk on her lips, quite enjoying his flustered state. She hadn't noticed the rise in his pants begining to form, he had moved too quickly for her eyes to catch it. She would be flattered it was there because of herself though.

"You must be curious. Perhaps I'll give you a show?" She continued, raising an eyebrow as she thought it over. It wouldn't be too scandalous if she did - she was to be his wife even if the church didn't approve. He should get used to seeing her naked after all. The only man who'd get to see her in such a way. Who was she to deny him the pleasure? "If it would please you, I could show you them without my dress in the way." She smirked at the idea, quite liking it herself. When was the last time she had given someone a show instead of just acting sinful? She didn't remember, but knew she wouldn't hesitate to give him one for his viewing pleasure if he wanted it. Part of her didn't think he would with how he hid himself from her, from embarrassment she could only assume.

Arlo's face only proceeded to fall into dismay as her teasing words were only seeking to escalate his embarrassment, as well as provide more heed to the chaotic thoughts running through his head, a fault of boyish youth perhaps? After all, Arlo had not once been allowed to act like someone his age should, not once been allowed to lower his guard or make him feel anything else but the ice that had overtaken his heart... and now such a heart felt like it was fit to beat out of his chest, striking against his ribcage as blood roared in his ears.

I want to see. The thought urged, the prospect of her shedding the dress before him doing little for the poor king who was trying and struggling to regain his composure. "I-I... I did not-" He struggled to voice the words, to allow them to slip from his lips in some futile show of stubbornness, his breath quickening in his chest as his eyes couldn't tear itself from her. What was this heathen saying? Why was she so willing? Why was she looking at him like that?! She was making this situation far worse!

Discomfort soared within him then, the boy's body squirming underneath the blanket as he struggled against the irrational thoughts in his mind. No, he mustn't! If anything if she even so much as disrobed before him, especially now, it would not bode well for him! Not at all! Besides, didn't he have other things to attend to? Where was the him from before that didn't find her attractive at all? Wait... he found her attractive? Where was this thought coming from?! His hands came to his face, inhaling sharply as he sought to block out sight in attempts to calm himself, the heat blazing off from his face searing his palms. I want to see.. The thought repeated again, making the shameful swell of flesh try to drive his attention back to it; trying to cloud to judgement.

Arlo shifted over on his side then, hands immediately bringing the blanket higher about himself to half conceal his face, red eyes brimming with frustration as he grumbled, "I'd rather sleep." Yes, self-control! Hold onto it as much as he could, "...P-please, keep your clothes on.." He added in far less stable tone, breathing uneven as he was feeling indeed quite miserable. Why did he do that?! Why did he allow himself to be dragged at her pace? Wait... he couldn't sleep like this.

This now left him in a dilemma, now aware that he was facing away from the broken night stand which his sleep aid still rested upon. If he turned now, then she would... she would be able to see. Teeth bit down on his bottom lip, tearing through the skin as he wanted to scream. Why?! Curse this body of his! The frustration was building, the denial and the situation itself making the king wish that he could just disappear on the spot. "...Can you.. get the sleep aid for me?" The muffled words were tinged with obvious shame as his head seemed to be slipping further and further underneath the blankets, as if he couldn't even look at her. Such embarrassment was not usually characteristic of Arlo, unless he was obviously hiding something.

Leana smirked to herself at his stumbling over his words, feeling pride that she was able to fluster him so much. "I think you want to see me naked." She teased, her hand running over her breasts as he watched her, trying to egg the situation on further than he'd normally allow. She was rewarded by his shielding of his face, herself rolling her eyes as she chuckled.

There was a dull ache between her legs, something she would suffer through until she had a moment of privacy to pleasure herself again. She hummed as she watched him, pink eyes still dark with desire and need. She raised an eyebrow as he continued to shield himself further in the blanket, quite amused by it. "You'll see me naked one of these days. Why not make it today?" She hummed, reaching behind herself to undo the strings that held her dress together. It slacked as she undid the strings, herself breathing more freely now that she wasn't as confined in the fabric. It wasn't like she'd be fully naked just by taking the dress off - she did have her underclothes on as well.

When he asked for his sleep aid, Leana raised an eyebrow but leaned over to the nightstand to grab the proper vial, handing it to him without much thought. It would appear sleep won over the urge to see her naked, much to her dismay. She chuckled to herself, fastening her dress once again when she realized she wasn't going to have her way just yet. She hummed as she placed her hands in her lap, eyeing him lustfully still as she waited for him to take the vial from her. "A kiss then sleep?" She asked him gently, wanting to feel his lips on hers again.

But she wouldn't press for anything more, nor did she want to upset him further by wanting such sinful things to come to pass between them. When he took the vial, she rested her hands in her lap after redoing her strings on her dress so that it was pressed against her body firmly again, not slacking like she had been teasing him in. She would have very much liked to sleep in her underclothes, but she would sacrifice her want to make sure he was comfortable. Especially considering how he reacted to her as of now. She didn't move to lay down though, a bit wary of why he had been adamant about wanting her to stop from laying him down. It made her wonder if he had pleasured himself and soiled his sheets because of it, judging by the way he acted it would make sense. Not that she would ask him, if he felt like she should know he'd tell her himself. Though the idea only excited her more.

"Shut up!" The muffled exclamation came from the boy as her teasing words only served to make him squirm more. "No! Absolutely not!" The hiss was out of desperation, the protection of the blanket now feeling as if it were some flimsy, failure of a defense against Leana, his eyes peeking over the edge of the blanket, only for alarm to overtake him and cause his head to duck down under again at the sight of her loosening the dress. She was driving him mad, she was doing this on purpose! And he... oh, he didn't know how much of this he could take.

His lips parted in a heavy sigh, legs shifting restlessly as he swallowed back a groan of frustration. This was getting more difficult, more frustrating as the seconds ticked by. Thankfully, it seemed as if Leana would fulfill his request, relief flooding through the boy as she had leaned closer to hand over the vial to him, prompting Arlo to carefully attempt to roll over, granted he stopped halfway as soon as he met her eyes which made him freeze. The lust in her gaze threatened to burn through his skin, pierce the faltering defense he was trying to hard to cling to, and her request had made the king's lips part as he sucked in a sharp breath.

"No." The refusal was immediate, red eyes turning away from her own, though for a brief moment there was desperation in his gaze, a frenzied expression that showed he was certainly near his breaking point, but logic was trying to clamp down upon him before he would do anything rash. The boy had shifted as he elaborated on his refusal, "Why should I reward you when you seem all too ready to tease me, heathen!" In this little moment of him moving however, the blankets had slackened as he reached over for the vial, and as result, much to Arlo's embarrassment once the situation caught up with him, had outlined what he had been desperately trying to hide.

His body was betraying him, contrasting his words. The all too obvious rise having reached fullness underneath the blanket itself, leaving little room for doubt that her words had indeed affected the king far more than he had let on. Granted, the boy had froze as soon as his hands came in contact with the vial, eyes darting down and immediately his face that had been cooling to normalcy had ignited all over again as his hands had immediately dove to conceal the source of shame, his lips utter incomprehensible sentences as an excuse was desperately attempting to be sought, "T-this- I-I... I-" What could he say to explain this away!? No, no explaining... it was quite obvious as the king now fell back, hiding underneath the blanket again completely. Truly, from the stillness that had overcome the boy, it didn't seem like he had any inclination of coming back out from underneath the blanket anytime soon.

"You have such cute reactions to my teasing, how can I deny myself the pleasure of it?" Leana hummed in response, all but purring at him. She was definitely enjoying herself greatly at his expense. His reactions only fueled her want of him, though she was now pouting since she wouldn't be rewarded with another kiss from him.

She watched as he turned to her and sat up a bit to take the vial from her, unable to stop her eyes from looking him over in that moment. And they widened at the tent formed in the blanket where his hips were, a smirk forming on her lips as she eyed it, fingers itching to reach out and touch him. But she restrained herself, instead clasping her hands in her lap as she brought her gaze to meet his, finding his face reddening all over again as he realized it himself. "You say you don't like it, but I do think the opposite. I think you quite enjoy this teasing." She cooed, licking her lips as she eyed him closely.

She bit her bottom lip as her gaze dropped again, as he tried covering himself and a weak attempt at an excuse left his lips. She chuckled as she raised hand to ruffle her hair, something she did unconsciously when she was far too aroused. "I can think of a way you could enjoy yourself, and keep me silent for a bit." She suggested, raising an eyebrow at him as she eyed him seductively under a half lidded gaze. Certainly he would allow her just this one thing - it would give her mouth something to do other than tease him endlessly it seemed. And it would give him greater pleasure than what his hand would. She smirked again at the thought, running her tongue along her bottom lip before she bit it softly as she pulled her gaze from the tent to look at his shape under the blankets, quite amused by the turn of events. She did have some affect on him it seemed, and she quite liked it.

Arlo's shape underneath the blankets did not move, Leana's voice echoing in his ears as he didn't desire to turn and look at her. Certainly not, if he dared to move from underneath the blanket to look, he knew any last shred of sanity would be lost, falling from his fingers and crushing his resolve. This was only proven right as her teasing words seemed to replay in his ears, making him desire to clasp his hands over his ears to block it out. But... what did she say? She would-

Self-control. Self-control... he needed to remain in control. Sucking in a sharp breath, the king's hands had gripped the blankets and removed them from his hiding form, the thought being too quick to falter and be crushed under the tidal wave of desire that defied him and spoke otherwise. This woman... I hate her. Though, it wasn't true hatred, instead it was a complete meltdown of whatever defense he had. After all, impulse would always overwhelm the boy, it was an inevitability, especially since his fiance seemed all too happy to tease him. Desire was far too strong, he was beginning to find that truth to be a bit... troublesome. It was strangling the better judgement out of him, rendering him incapable of fighting against it, and if anything the need that was eating at him couldn't simply be ignored, not when she was looking at him the way she was.

He certainly hated her. He really did hate her. This thought reigned supreme in his head as the king made the effort of now shifting out from his protection of blankets, fixing her with an all too frustrated glare and with the most spite that he possibly could muster, Arlo had grabbed the vial and tipped it to his lips, draining the clear liquid as fast as he could, much to his own secret dismay as he now placed the empty vial upon the night stand, not bothering to hide himself as the bitter taste flooded his mouth, "I'm not letting you win." The harsh sentence was bewildering, but at this point what else was Arlo to think?

Never had he experienced desire before, and now it was crashing down upon him far too much when this damnable woman was at his side! It made little sense in his mind for it to be so muddled, so chaotic when she was near, teasing him! Was she using a spell on him? She had to be! Besides, Arlo was still trying to rationalize why she seemed to be reacting so positively to him, it made no sense! None! And now she was offering to pleasure him?! Him?! The very same person who threw her into a dungeon? She made no sense, what did she want from him, truly? Was she trying to kill him?

Of course, this rush of paranoia was irrational and foolish, a result of his mind spinning and rushing through as much solutions as possible and finding none. His uneven breaths a fault of his own body struggling with the unfamiliarity of this situation as he stubbornly had forced himself to lay on his side, back facing away from her as he was muttering incomprehensible nonsense on how she was suspicious and made no logical sense. His mind clearly had won out against his body... this time at least.

Leana knew her request was denied the moment he raised the vial to his lips, her own pursing together into a tight line. She would not be getting her way today. But that was okay - teasing him was just as fine as pleasuring him would be. She sighed gently, moving to fix his blanket properly before she moved to lay down, deciding not to get under the blanket with him to give him a sense of privacy.

She said nothing else, just rested her hands behind her head, using the blanket as a sheet underneath her. She sighed softly, feeling like she pushed him too hard for the time being. "I'm sorry." She said after a moment of silence. "I guess I don't know when enough is enough." She had liked his reactions to her teasing, it had only fueled her to tease him more. Maybe she pushed it to much and he was unhappy with her now?

She didn't know. What she did know, was she was wanton and there was nothing she could do about it. She didn't say anything else to him, allowing silence to fall between them as she laid there in her thoughts. If Arlo had been older, would he have been keen on letting her pleasure him? Would he have still hesitated? Would she even have to try so hard to show him she meant him no harm? Did he think her a witch, the way she teased and poked at him in ways he hadn't had done before? Affecting him in ways he never imagined? She didn't know. Sighing, she raised a hand, eyeing the light red flush to her skin, trying to will away her own lust that caused a fire to burn in her hands. How many times had she used her powers to add to her pleasure? A little pain made her mind go mush - she didn't think anything of it anymore. She didn't remember the last time she let someone else pleasure her, but alas she wouldn't be getting such a pleasure. Arlo had adamantly fought against her and she wasn't about to make things worse by pressing any harder.

Silence was blissful, truly even if his body was raging against him, the silence helped bring a sense of normalcy to the racing thoughts in his head. The silence was comforting in a situation that led it to being anything but. Slowly, but surely tendrils of what was drowsiness was beginning to sink into the raging heartbeats and slowing thoughts, a heaviness sinking into the limbs that were locked into place out of fear of the unknown and now were slowly unwinding. Drowsiness he found was good, slowing further and further down as a voice, her voice had echoed in the middle of sleep.

Her apology had echoed in his ears then, causing Arlo's lips to part as he took in a slow breath and exhaled slow, "...You're.. too.. strange." Too strange, far too strange for him to understand just what was going on in her head, his eyelids growing heavier as her presence near him no longer seemed to make the king be tense as the sleep aid was quickly overcoming him, dragging him down deep into the depths of his mind which now called for rest. But, rest and a dreamless sleep was not what he would receive. Instead, as the minutes slowly ebbed by and the recesses of whatever desire that had taken hold of him had slowly faded, his mind had decided to trudge upon old memories long since stored away.

"Arlo? Arlo! Oh, there you are!" The sweet voice called, a voice that he knew had not called his name in so very long as the the dream made of memories had made him feel the sensation of the spring sun on his skin, the sound of his mother's bare feet rustling the long grasses of what was the castle's garden as the woman had stepped into his view. A tall woman, her green eyes filled with relief, her heart-shaped face framed by long red hair that blazed a brighter ginger in the sun's gentle rays. Her hands came to gently encircle the smaller body of her son, feeling her hoist him up in her arms as she placed a soft kiss upon his forehead, "You should know better than to wander off by yourself. You had me worried sick!"

Mother. The thought rang with clarity in his mind as the him in the dream with all too small hands tried to reach out to touch the figment of his memory, to frame the warm smile in his hands, to devote every detail to his memory as the pain within his chest bled anew. Mother. His lips tried to open, but no sound would come out, the childish body of the boy nearly closing the gap between his fingers and the warmth radiating from her cheek, only for the lovely head of his mother to wrench in a twisted angle before his eyes, her lovely green eyes rolling about in desperation within her eyes as Arlo's body fell from her grasp, hitting an unyielding floor made of cobblestones, his eyes unable to tear itself away from the woman who was struggling to breathe.

Her breaths were grating against his own ears, as if every breath was now determined to ring with clarity in his own head. Every breath in was painful, and yet he could not tear his gaze away from the tightening noose, the saliva dripping down the side of his mother's lips as a sickly blue was beginning to overtake her. She was suffering, and he couldn't move.

Prickling of eyes settled upon him then, a darkness overcoming the pleasant surroundings as their eyes, what was his father and brother's eyes were gazing down at him. Contempt, hatred, pity. And yet they would not speak on the silent boy's behalf, nor attempt to allieviate what was once their mother, their wife from suffering further. They all watched, all gazed upon a soul that was doomed. And then as this nightmare seemed all too happy to thrust upon him: "Help... me.."

The eyes of his mother had now turned on the boy still sitting immobilized on the cobblestone patch in the midst of darkness. "Help.. me.." She repeated, the air being deprived from her pale lips and paler skin was haunting, those very same eyes that were lovely seeming fit to pop from her skull as her hands reached out to him from the unnatural dangling position she was in. This woman was false, he knew this and yet the boy's body moved, his breathing replacing the harsh breathing of his mother's in his ears as he rushed to her.

Mother. His feet pounded against the cobblestone as the dream wobbled to and fro underneath every step, the eyes piercing his skin as they watched him struggle. Mother. Arlo's feet met traction against the creaking wood that made up the gallows, his hands reaching out to the ones seeking his aid... and yet such hands instead twisted until it grasped something circular, firm, cold, flesh splintering and splitting apart underneath the blade that had pierced through the woman's middle, her breathing hitching as the sword that had taken its place in his hands had plunged deeper, slowly as he could not stop himself.

Her voice whispered: "..Arlo..." The cracks within the demented nightmare was beginning to rip, his eyes flickering up to a face that would be incapable of speech, the light having completely vanished from the blue face of the woman as she merely hung limp, his blade having produced nothing else but blood to seep down from the wound he'd implanted upon her stomach, her blood staining his own hands.. and it did not stop. The crimson tide rose higher and higher, seeping into the body he was familiar with, a warmth staining into his clothes, rising to his neck as his gaze could only stare in apathy at the body that was motionless before him.

He could not move if he wanted to, could not speak, could not blink. He could not turn his head to the eyes that stared and condemned him in their silence, Arlo couldn't do a single thing in this twisted nightmare except for violence. Even if he knew this was his brain making up nonsense, the sight of his mother being so motionless before him, so very cold.. the feeling of something cracking was beginning to make itself known within him again.

Ruby eyes snapped open, followed by a sharp sucking in of breath as if he had failed to bring oxygen into his lungs as each breath seemed more panicked and quickened than the last. The boy's skin was slick with sweat; surging to an upright position as he sat on the edge of the bed, attempting to slow his breathing as his hands cradled the side of his head, hunched over as the quickened breaths were doing little to help him to breathe. Short and rapid were his breathing, almost on the verge of being labored as he closed his eyes tight and struggled to regain his composure. Why was he reacting in this way? He knew that wasn't real, and yet...

The sight of his mother's face had flashed before his eyes once more as the king's arms wrapped around his middle, teeth clattering together as the breaths were sucked in between clenched teeth in agonized breathing, the king being unaware to the early dawn light streaming within his room, and having forgotten at the moment of Leana's presence in his room.

Leana hadn't known when she fell asleep, but she had a dreamless sleep throughout the night. Sometime in the middle of the night, she had unconsciously snuggled underneath the blanket, facing where Arlo had been laying, her hands tucked under her chin. Long pink lashes kissed her cheeks, her body shifting so she was laying on her back.

The sudden shift in the bed made her eyes slowly open, looking around the room curiously before her sleepy gaze landed on Arlo. She sat up in the bed, leaning back against the headboard as she rubbed at her eyes. She noticed the dawn's light streaking into the room as she looked at Arlo, noticing how he hugged himself and seemed to be in some distress.

She frowned to herself. "Did you have a nightmare?" She asked as she scooted closer to wrap her arms around him in a warm hug, wishing she could take away whatever plagued him. She knew he had his demons, things he couldn't run from because of his past. Things she wished would have never happened to him. She couldn't do much to take them away, but she could be a comforting space to him when he needed one. A safe place to be able to let his walls down, even just a little. She pulled him into her chest, resting his head on her breasts for him to hear her calm heartbeat, stroking his arm with her hand as she placed a kiss to the top of his head. "It will be okay. It'll pass. Just focus on my heartbeat. How strong and steady it is. Focus on my breathing. Just take slow deep breaths." She muttered gently, this not being the first time she had to console someone after they had a nightmare. She did have two younger sisters after all, and before she had gotten her own room had shared one with them - often waking up in the middle of the night when one of them screamed from a nightmare. She was well versed in calming down such panics. She only hoped it would work on Arlo, she didn't like how distressed he had seemed. And she wasn't about to ask what the dream was as to not make it any worse.

Trapped in the midst of the aftermath of his nightmare, the boy did not hear the sound of the bed creaking underneath the weight of Leana, nor did his ears pick up on her question that she asked. His fingers dug in tight to the bandages, the pressure doing little to soothe as his mother's face seemed to hang before his own face, but what he didn't anticipate was a touch. Immediately the king's body had attempted to jerk away from the gentle arms wrapping around him in a embrace, his breathing labored as he pulled against the arms, not knowing who or what was grabbing onto him.

Was it that dreaded shade of his mother? The very same that beseech him for help, for aid? Or was he hallucinating? However, his brief struggling would come to a halt as his head hit a soft surface, his breaths heavy as they stuttered in his chest, the familiar scent of Leana beginning to fill his senses. Her hands gently holding, gently stroking along his arm as if she was attempting to piece together all the falling pieces that he could not smooth over himself. Jagged edges and oozing sludge, trying to be pushed back into a vessel that had long since been overburdened. Her heartbeat echoed in his ear, the pressure of her lips against the top of his head making his breathing on the verge of hyperventilating as his eyes stirred wildly within his head.

The panic, the waves of paranoia did not seem to ebb, at least not for some time. Arlo knew not how long he remained in Leana's grasp, absolutely still and tense as sweat dripped down his skin, persistent and uncomfortable as his eyelids lowered. Ah, his head was slowly beginning to clear... why did he already feel so drained? No, he knew why. This always happened, and just when he thought he would get a good night's sleep again. "...You can let go of me now." The muffled words lacked emotion, void of the panic that had taken over him moments ago as his breathing had slowed, an exhaustion in the small body that now was leaning away from her as he tried to stand.

"..Paperwork.. there has to be.." He mumbled, his tone distracted. However, this was what he did frequently to make the unpleasantness of nightmares subside, either that or leaped at any excuse to inflict harm on another to chase away the horrid feeling that caused the cold swear, the panic. In truth, Arlo's face didn't appear even remotely alright, instead he was pale and with the thin sheen of sweat upon him and the slower pace he was going at to even reach the oak door, it was obvious enough that the pain had returned of his wound, but he wasn't even taking heed to that anymore.

When he finally calmed down and said she could let him go, Leana hesitated before she relented and eyed him carefully as he moved away from her. As he tried to get up to make his way to the door, saying something about needing to do paperwork. "At least take another pain killer before you run off. Otherwise you're in for a world of pain." She suggested, scrambling free from the blanket to grab one of the vials with the green liquid inside. She crossed the room with it, coming to stand in front of him, smoothing her dress with her free hand.

She didn't like the way he looked. Paler than normal and covered in sweat. But she knew nothing she could say would stop him from going about what he wanted - she knew well enough he was stubborn. "Here. Take this before you go." She said gently, holding the vial up for him to see. She waited until he took it, looking around the room to see if there was anything she could use to towel off his sweat but to her dismay there was nothing there to be used. He truly lacked anything in the room. She would certainly see to change that the more she resided in there with him.

She sighed softly, touching her cheek gently before running her fingers through his hair to push it from his face. "Please do not overwork yourself, Arlo." She said softly, eyeing him gently. She needed another bath but would wait to see if she could help him to his study. "I can walk with you to your study, if you'd like. I wouldn't want you to struggle by yourself. That wound is terribly bothersome." She suggested softly, hopeful that he'd let her.

Arlo paused in mid-step, a brief moment of hesitation before he continued moving toward the door, his breathing echoing in his own ears as he barely took any acknowledgement in the sound of Leana scrambling behind him, only taking notice of her presence again when she had stepped in front of him, causing the boy to halt as his expression pinched in confusion at first as she had dangled the vial in front of his eyes. What was she doing?

Shaky hands had grabbed hold of the vial as he had tipped it to his lips, the taste burning bitter once more on his tongue, causing his expression to twist in disgust for a mere moment as some other emotion other than apathy had managed to flow to the surface of the boy's expression, only once he was done with the vial had he looked down upon the empty vial with distaste as Leana had reached toward him, causing him to yet again flinch at her gentle touch, her fingers locking around blonde tendrils as she pushed the some of his hair from his face, prompting the boy to fix her with a cold stare.

She never ceased this facade, did she? Continuing to act kind to him, and for what purpose? The concern in her tone made the boy's troubled heart blacken as his mood was quick to follow. For a moment he considered refusing her outright, tossing her out of hie bedchambers, but that would be ungrateful. Regardless of her intentions, she had tried to soothe him in the aftermath of his nightmare. The least he could do was show her some mercy and not act like a petulant child.

A sigh left him then as his eyelids drooped, though he felt rested enough, it wasn't to the extent of when he had no dreams at all. "..Do as you will. I don't care." The king then stepped away from her, striding past her in stiff steps as the painkiller had yet to take hold of him in full, the king not paying heed to the stares that were given in his direction. From guards to maids, his haggard appearance and lack of shirt had caused whispered to float under hushed breaths.

"The king has gone mad."
"Mad? The king always was a madman. It seems like it got worse today."
"Do you think... do you think someone is going to.."
"Don't jinx us! I have a family I need to go back to!"
"Just... just stay out of his way."
"..B-but didn't the pope-"

The last whisper on the breeze had caused Arlo to come to a stop, red eyes slowly turning to the now trembling pair of maids that had been passing by who now were looking away from the boy as if they'd not spoken. "What was that? The pope?" The ice in his tone made the pair of women shiver as they exchanged a nervous glance, perspiration appearing as clear as day upon slick skin as eventually one had spoken, "Pope Markianos is.. is waiting for you in the throne room. He demanded an audience... Your Majesty."

"And why did no one tell me?" Another exchange of glances were given as the maids bowed their heads low to the king, "W-we thought, well... Elyas said for no servants to bother you since you were with.." The pair of women turned their gaze to Leana then, prompting Arlo to release a sharp exhale of irritation as he hissed a curse underneath his breath, turning on his heel and changing route to the throne room. Elyas always seemed to be doing things without consulting him, one of the other advisors that had kept to his position, the man as brilliant as he was had always thought it amusing to irritate Arlo in tiny ways such as this, treating the king like a child... even if that was indeed true.

Eventually, the boy slammed open the throne room doors, his expression twisted with anger as crimson eyes settled upon the finely dressed man standing in the throne room, the man's golden eyes turning to look upon Arlo at first in surprise and then distaste as he spoke, the pleasant voice dripping with venom, "..I.. see your barbaric ways has not changed, instead it's gotten worse. Did you not think to dress yourself this morning, my king?"

Leana had been pleased when he took the vial and drank the liquid, knowing it would help greatly in easing his pain throughout the coming hours. She pursed her lips in a thin line at his glare, seemingly unaffected by its iciness as she moved to follow him when he granted her the opportunity to help him. He seemed rather dishevelled and there wasn't much she could do to help it. She did, however, think to mention he should dress before going anywhere, but he was out the door before the words could form on her tongue.

She sighed as she followed after him, frowning at the whispers of the maids, even more so when he - or they - were told that there was a guest waiting for him in the Throne room. The very man that had denied them their wedding to begin with. Licking her lips, she followed after him mostly in hopes of making sure he stayed stable on his feet.

She eyed the older man in the fine clothes when she entered the Throne room after Arlo, frowning at his words. "I dare say that's not the way to speak to your King." She couldn't stop herself from defending Arlo's image, even if she weren't his wife yet. It rubbed her the wrong way how his subjects seemed to look down on him because of his age and parentage - by every right he had had a claim to the very Throne he sat on and earned it during his years of his reign. Nobody in their right mind should be looking down on him - even if she had briefly done it herself by accident. "Best to speak properly when in the presence of the King. It would be unwise to anger him any further than you already have." She continued, all but glaring at the man who denied them what they had come together for. Granted they were still going to wed even without his blessing - it just would have been easier to have it. "You should hold your tongue until the King has addressed you." She spit out, feeling a fire beginning to burn inside her. Who do these fools think they're talking to? A mere child? This "child" could have his head for acting as he has! She thought to herself as she crossed her arms firmly over her chest, not even bothering to introduce herself to the man. She figured he would realize she was the one Arlo intended to marry the moment she spoke out against him.

The golden eyes of the man had turned to Leana as she had spoken out, black eyebrows furrowing and forming deep creases upon his forehead as he slowly added, "..I see you also had brought the foreigner with you." His eyes scanned over the woman standing in defiance before him, eyeing the tattoos that were upon her form and his obvious displeasure was coming to light very quickly upon his features, "How.. quaint. And you are to be the one to play the role of his wife?" The displeasure oozed from his lips as he looked back to Arlo whose expression was becoming overcome by rage, "I suppose it would be unwise for me to upset the king so early in the day, but what other choice do I have when you send threats to my temple, Your Majesty?"

There was a heavy pause then inbetween the two, gold unyielding underneath the angry red eyes that glared back at him as Arlo's footsteps approached Markianos, his words remaining composed in the wake of the boy's anger, "Do you think it's wise to threaten the religious leader of the region? Especially considering how much your family owes the church, a church that you've continued to disrespect time and time again. Not only have you done that, you've refused noblewomen of proper breeding and now have chosen this..." His eyes turned back to Leana, "...This witch from some backwater country with no power in the world. And now you have the audacity when I've given you so many chances-"

The pope staggered as Arlo gripped the edge of the man's fancy robes, tugging with as much strength as he could muster in that moment as he seethed, "Kneel." The subsequent tug had made the man stagger, prompting the boy's leg to slam against his shins, making the pope hit the floor as a choked sound of pain had left his lips as golden eyes stared in unfiltered outrage at the boy that dared to strike him. "What are you-"

The boy's hand tightened around the collar of the man's clothes, fingers tightening as he spoke icily, "It is within my right as king to choose who I am to marry, and I shall do so with or without your damned permission. And as your king I demand you show respect as long as you take one step within these halls; this place isn't your precious temple. It is my home, because I earned the right to stay here. Do I make myself clear?" Silence met his words as the man lifted his chin in stubborn defiance, making Arlo's blood boil. It was clear this Markianos was not a coward, not like Giles.

"I will never allow myself to submit to a child. A murderous child at that. Because of your miserable existence, the throne is now saturated with blood." Arlo's teeth bared then, rage causing his head to pound as he spoke coldly, "..But this is inevitable, especially because of your whore of a mother. Whatever child she would birth underneath such sin would of course be demented by nature. I pity you, truly. For you're nothing more than a slave to your nature."

Arlo's fist slackened, his lips parting and closing as he struggled to speak, the expression of contempt upon Markianos' face being clear that he was successful in hitting a sore spot for the boy who could not find the words to speak. Such rage, such... pain. How dare he?! His mother, regardless of circumstance was a kind woman! And she.. and she... because he lived she... his hand fell away from the pope's collar, prompting Markianos to move away from the boy who had fallen utterly silent, still struggling for words as the pope uttered, "..At least it seems like you have some sense after all?"

Leana bristled when he called her a witch, growling at his golden gaze as it travelled over her in discontent. He was judging her solely because of where she had been born. Not that he wasn't the first one to do so. But it rubbed her the wrong way, even more so as he continued talking.

She watched as Arlo kicked at him and brought him to his knees, frowning still at the defiance the man was showing. She could practically feel his hatred for Arlo leaving him in waves, making her frown even more. She felt pride that Arlo defended her against him, that he was publicly saying he was still going to marry her and that it hadn't been something he said just to soothe her worries. What shocked her was his reaction to Markianos' words, herself moving to stand between them to shield Arlo from the man.

"Such words are unacceptable!" She growled, wanting nothing more than to burn or shock the man before her with her powers but restraining herself to not cause more of the insults to be hurdled her way. She crossed her arms over her chest to hide her reddening palms. She didn't know much about Arlo's mother, but she figured from his reaction it had been a sore spot for the boy. And she would protect him in the moments he couldn't protect himself. "You will apologize for your words, and remember well where you are. Arlo has made his claim as King in the best ways he's been able to, you have no right to judge him. You're merely a pawn in the big picture of things - you have no sway in deciding what he does or doesn't do." She continued, frowning up at the older man, pink eyes burning with rage at his treatment of her fiance. It was worse than what Giles had done - and Giles had tried to let the boy die from infection. This man... This creature was blatantly defying his King. Such an act in her homeland would lead to immediate death. "You better get on your knees and apologize. Such an attack could lead to death. And not by his hand either." She warned him darkly, in that moment not caring if he defied her or not. If he did it would give her a good excuse to wrap her burning hands around his neck. Then they'd really cause an uproar with his following - the new Queen to be killing their figure head. It would be a glorious sight - one she was almost hoping to come to pass.

There was a flutter of activity before Arlo's eyes, a familiar back facing him as she shielded him from view. What are you doing? The question didn't leave his lips, rendered silent instead as Leana in rightful rage had lay into the man before them, a man whose contempt did not fade but instead had strengthened tenfold at her words coming to Arlo's defense. Her demand had made the pope tilt his head as he responded, "Interesting. But, you overstep your boundaries, witch. This is not your homeland, nor will Raha smile kindly upon you if you dare to raise your hand against his messenger. But, please by all means disgrace yourself. It gives me more proof of the unworthiness of your standing."

Arlo's lips pressed in a tight line, blood roaring within his ears as Markianos' voiced echoed within his head, "..But, I will admit that we have gotten far off track. For that, I apologize. I fear at times I may be a bit too... zealous in my duty." So, you're apologizing for nothing... bastard. The king watched as the man had done a half-bow, absolutely shameless in his defiance and confident in his faith. After all, Raha did bless his devout priests, for Yore had very little magic and the only magic that did exist to the people's minds were the priesthood devoted to the gods. Granted, such magic was nowhere like the magic of the Principality of course, but it was impressive enough in its own right to be seen as divine.

"I will not permit you to continue to disrespect me or my wife. Leave." He finally found his voice again, the low blow that Markianos had given to his spirit had at least ebbed enough as the boy's trembling hand had gripped the back of Leana's dress, a tether in a silent warning to not act. As much as Arlo wanted to leap at the man and smash his head into a bloodied pulp underneath his fingers, to cut him to pieces until he no longer was recognizable... he could not. The last thing they needed was the general public to be outraged at him slaughtering one of the popes. Arlo's words had made the man opposite of him frown, only to lightly brush his robes off, "Very well. Take care to be more careful with your threats, my king."

The fading steps of the man would then be heard as the man strode past the boy quivering with rage, the sound of the throne room doors creaking open and then slamming shut, leaving Leana and Arlo alone. The boy released his grip on Leana's dress, sliding down to his knees as his breathing was harsh with anger, fingers clenching into fists as those fists drove into the hard marbled floor. The pain that exploded upon his knuckles, over and over in pent up rage did the boy strike at the floor in the place of a man he could not touch. His uneven breaths veered on the realm of that of an angry beasts as the pain surged in his knuckles as bones reverberated in suffering pain. He did not stop, not even when his hands were shaking at the pain he was inflicting upon himself, not even when the skin was beginning to turn a fierce red at the constant collision of his skin against a hard, unyielding surface. The madness in his eyes was that of pure frustration as eventually the last strike was instead weak, his breaths pitiful puffs of air expelled from a reddened face as he struggled to bring breath into his lungs.

Leana's pink gaze didn't leave the man's golden gaze before her, frowning deeply at him as he spoke. His words were pretty and dressed with venom and as much as she wanted to take care him herself, she knew logically it was a bad idea. She huffed when he gave his half bow and rolled her eyes at him. "You speak pretty words. But your Raha can't protect you forever." She huffed, glaring as he made his leave, staying in front of Arlo still until the man left, not moving until he was gone from their sight and Arlo had released her dress from his grasp.

She sighed as she turned to face him, finding him on the ground punching at the marble floor. "Arlo stop." She tried, crouching before him, trying to stop him from hurting himself even more. But her words fell on deaf ears as he continued in abusing himself in place of the man that angered them both and he didn't stop until his skin was a bright red, she merely waited until he stopped to take his hands in hers to examine them. The skin was torn where he had connected with the floor and she frowned as she looked at his face, holding his hands gently in her own. "You mustn't hurt yourself again. It brings me pain to see you in such a way." She whispered the words, not having anything around her to clean or bandage his hands.

She sighed again, letting go of his hands gently to smooth her dress. "We could do my ceremony tonight, then go to the temple in a week's time. The cuts should mostly be healed by then." She suggested, wanting to bring some peace to him in that moment. If they could at least do one of the two ceremonies soon, nobody could deny her the position she was holding steadfast in. They couldn't say she wasn't the Queen - that her words had no sway in any matter. Not even that creature Markianos could deny she was his Queen if they did the ceremony - they would have a witness to their union and as far as anyone was concerned they already consummated their marriage the past few nights. Not that they actually had - but nobody had to know that. "Nobody can stop us from marrying. You said it yourself." She muttered softly as she cupped his cheek, wishing she could take away his anger, but maybe he would be satisfied by the prospect of marrying her sooner than planned.

Shaky, ragged breaths greeted the words of concern on his behalf, the boy's eyes stinging with his rage, eyes that barely registered what he was looking at as her hands had grabbed hold of his own, the damage done to his shaking fingers being all too painful to see, and yet the boy didn't care. His anger had not been fully spent, and yet she dared to tell him that he must not hurt himself? What other choice did he have! Despite wanting to dispatch that man, he could not if he desired to still hold onto this damnable crown. Slowly, Arlo struggled to get his ragged breathing back under his control as he tilted his head upward to finally look at Leana's face.

Her suggestion didn't seem to elicit a response from the boy at first, although eventually through the haze of anger, he had taken in a slow breath and exhaled, expression pinching for a mere moment as he spoke quietly, "..I want... to kill him." It was not a response in regards to their marriage, her gentle touch on his cheek feeling more alien than ever and doing so very little to truly drag his mind from the depths of his rage. Instead it took him more deep breaths in, eventually settling on an icy edge to the red gaze that stared back at her pink, a cracking in the rage for a smile to finally cross the boy's face.

"But, since I can't kill him, I'll have to settle for defying him instead. Let's do it." Arlo's hand moved to grab her own upon his cheek, "It's not as if he can say much more than nonsense anyways once we are wed... though I'd much prefer it if he would be silent forever, this will have to do." Besides, as soon as Leana was Queen, there would be little defiance indeed to her achieving the position.. or at least defiance out in the open as Markianos had done. Sure, there would perhaps be venomous whispers behind her back, but none would say such words to her face unless they desired a final trip to the gallows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back