• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Pirate RP!

Archon

Friendly Neighborhood Gem-Collector
So, my ideas are simplistic, and uncomplicated! I'd be looking for no more than six players.

Two players would be pirates.

Two would be apart of the English Navy.

And two apart of the French Navy. (Still English language).

It would start off with nobody knowing anybody other than the English and French knowing each other.. And multiple merchant ships will have been targeted by the same pirates, plundering many French and English goods. Each country then sends out it's respective factions to deal with the pirate threat. That is, until. They stumble on rumors of the hidden city of Atlantis, being buried deep beneath the ocean... And a hidden pathway, said to lead straight to it from land...

Obviously, war breaks out when we so choose. The pirates are allowed to be lone wolves if they so wish, and the French and English can either form an alliance, are start battling each other. Each ship would have a strength and weakness. Such as: Crew(fighting ability), Cannons, Speed, Armor, Morale and Versatility (Fire barrels, chain guns etc)...

Thoughts and ideas?

Interesting. Pirates have always had a spot in my heart and I will probably always find the pirate's life an interesting and glorious one.

Awesome! I'll get started on the thread now! But please remember we can't all be pirates! If you won't play unless you absolutely get the faction you want you'll have to let me know, and reserve said faction. Or, drop out of there are no spots left!

[QUOTE="Archangel Galdrael]Awesome! I'll get started on the thread now! But please remember we can't all be pirates! If you won't play unless you absolutely get the faction you want you'll have to let me know, and reserve said faction. Or, drop out of there are no spots left!

[/QUOTE]
This is one of the of the few rp's where i don't care what side i'm on.

I request I play a pirate... Are we allowing some magical or supernatural things? Just small things?

[QUOTE="Wastes Storyteller]I request I play a pirate... Are we allowing some magical or supernatural things? Just small things?

[/QUOTE]
You can be a pirate. And there will be no magic. Although there will be supernatural. So something similar to Davy Jones. Maybe even a Kraken. as for your own ship and crew, you will have no magic ability, not unless you find it in an 'event'. Events will be where I set up some sort of adventure, where maybe a hidden artifact has been discovered on an island. The pirates may learn of it from captured merchants, the Navy would hear of it from their commanding officers. Everyone would travel there for it where conflict breaks out. Who would get it would depend.

[QUOTE="Archangel Galdrael]You can be a pirate. And there will be no magic. Although there will be supernatural. So something similar to Davy Jones. Maybe even a Kraken. as for your own ship and crew, you will have no magic ability, not unless you find it in an 'event'. Events will be where I set up some sort of adventure, where maybe a hidden artifact has been discovered on an island. The pirates may learn of it from captured merchants, the Navy would hear of it from their commanding officers. Everyone would travel there for it where conflict breaks out. Who would get it would depend.

[/QUOTE]
What I meant by magic or supernatural, I meant like vampire-eqsue or zombie crew mates or just something out-of-the-norm like that.

[QUOTE="Wastes Storyteller]What I meant by magic or supernatural, I meant like vampire-eqsue or zombie crew mates or just something out-of-the-norm like that.

[/QUOTE]
Well, zombie/skeleton crew is ok. But I will only allow one, plus they're EXACTLY the same as a human crew battle wise. They have no higher combat ability unless you state that as your ships strength.

In fact, I think it would be better to ask whoever your pirate partner will be. They'd be your ally... Or enemy, but you'd still be a faction, and they may not want a skeleton-esque crew...

Besides, that could be better as an event.

What if my pirate is just a solo captain with a quartermaster who helps him command and a few crews who are all NPCs?

[QUOTE="Wastes Storyteller]What if my pirate is just a solo captain with a quartermaster who helps him command and a few crews who are all NPCs?

[/QUOTE]
I meant whoever is the captain of the other pirate ship.

WEWT! It's up! I am comepletely flexible as to what faction I play. Should we figure who everyone is playing before we start making cs's? Sounds like a good place to start IMO.

Well, I know Wastes is a Pirate. I'm going to be English Navy... So the others have still got some options. But yes, we won't make any CS's until everyone has a faction.

[QUOTE="Wastes Storyteller]Since there are 6 characters, how about 2 per faction?

[/QUOTE]
That's what it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back