• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

minigunmax

Curious Conscious Creature
Quick note: Anyone of any skill level may join or request to rp! I myself am not a very skilled, gifted or experienced writer and simply enjoy telling stories for people. As long as you can write atleast one strong paragraph per response, you're welcome aboard! Romancing any of the characters is allowed but please avoid any nsfw/explicit actions between your characters and mine, this is a story rp not an erp. thank you!

okay so this is my first time making a post here on this site so please bear with me if i posted this in the wrong forum or if animal chars are banned/disliked on this site (the characters dont have to be animals i just originally wrote them as such, we can discuss character changes together if youre interested in the story).
with that being said, i hope you find interest in this rp ad, or at the very least, the intro i made for it, enjoy!

Description for lazy people like me (slight spoilers!): One of the last remaining pirate captains in the world begins a journey to plunder the treasure hoard of BlackBeard while searching for a murderer aboard his ship… With you enlisted as detective!

The Marauder had made port at Blackberry Cove, a small trading post and rest stop somewhere along the south western coast of the English isles. The midnight fog blanketed the sleepy township, its torches and lanterns dotting up and down the streets and corners of the small town, one of them leading to…

The Badgers Den!

A small inn and tavern situated not far from the port, its meager gathering of patrons quietly keeping to themselves and nursing their drinks of liquor and ale. Among them was a tall, unkempt timber wolf slumped down at the bar table sitting next to an owl. His once luxurious crimson red coat is indistinguishable from its original colors due to the dirt, mud and grime soaked into the cloth over an uncountable amount of time. Despite the disheveled state of the pirate, he was unmistakably recognized as the captain of The Marauder, a pirate ship bound for The Caribbean, in search for the greatest treasure horde known to man. His posters strewn about town garnered less than enough crewmates required for such a long journey… despite this, he insisted they set sail tomorrow morning. Any remaining pirates interested in joining his crew were to meet at the tavern and speak with him… or his first mate in case he was too drunk to communicate. The man in question being what appeared to be a british redcoat, a great horned owl specifically. His attire was in direct contrast to the man sitting next to him, it was perfectly tailored for his body, and not a stain or mark could be found anywhere on him. He looked around, his head rotating well over 180 degrees and back, scouring the room for anybody that may have an interest with him and his partner. He turned to face the wolf, sighing as he pushed away his empty glass.

Owl: “I suppose thats it then… Head back to the ship, captain?”

The wolf groaned, lifting his head from the table and lazily glaring towards the owl

Wolf: “hmm?”

The owl rolled his eyes paying for their drinks and preparing to take off, helping the captain off his feet and walking him towards the door

Owl: “shame that… we couldve used an extra hand aye?”

Wolf: “mmgh… ah think we can manage… ”

Owl: “still… one man can make a huge difference out at open sea… "

Wolf:"... Especially when they start dyin'… one, by, one."

With great effort the owl carried the wolf through the doors of the tavern, his head swiveling left and right still searching for any possible candidates for their journey. With a disappointed sigh he carried the lifeless captain down the empty streets and up to the port, where The Marauder lay still. The Marauder was a smaller than usual, square rigged galleon, with blood red sails tattered and torn by flame and naval damage. The burnt exterior of the ship suggested that it was no longer sea worthy, though rumors and tales said otherwise. It was believed the ship gained it recognizable form from the hellish rivers of asphodel, birthed in flame and blessed with the ability to repair itself, and survive even the most abhorrent conditions, both above, and under water.
The ship, adorned with extra sails and armed with 32 twelve pound cannons, was very similar to many of the famous ships that had treaded and dominated the caribbean. The state, and design of the hull similar to descriptions of The Flying Dutchman, its speed, colour, and condition of its sails nearly identical to that of the Black Pearl, and its presence just as frightening as the legendary Queen Annes Revenge. The ship groaned and creaked with each subtle movement, akin to the dying sounds of a massive sea creature, a monstrous sound that rang through the empty port of the dead end settlement.

With his gaze averted down, the owl stepped up the plank and approached the black vessel. praying he may see a group of men gathered aboard deck, in search of a job aboard the decaying ship. His beak raised, and his eyes lifted, greeted with the presence of absolutely no one. not even a drunken sailor who mistakenly boarded the wrong ship. The owls heart sank to his stomach, his captain not even bothering to look around and learn just how hopeless they were now.

owl: "...we're doomed..."

You can choose any point in the story to introduce your character, the intro is just to entice and setup the scenes following that! please let me know if you're interested in my rp! (again, the characters can be swapped out since they were originally written as animals, not a big deal to me.)
thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back