• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Pirate Hostage and "Tarzan" (MxF Pirate era 1500s - 1830s)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The era of piracy in the Caribbean began in the 1500s and phased out in the 1830s after the navies of the nations of Western Europe and North America with colonies in the Caribbean began combating pirates. The period during which pirates were most successful (Golden Age) was from the 1660s to 1730s. If we use this era, I’d prefer 1716-1726. This was when governments had grown tired of pirates and really started to hunt them down. However, there were still pirates that operated well after this, such as Jean Lafitte.

Pirates arrive in the bay of an uncharted tropical tropical island. They have with them a young woman whom they have kidnapped and hope to hold for ransom. She should be the daughter of an aristocrat or someone of importance, someone born to the higher tiers of society. The size of the pirate ship depends on the era. 1800’s era pirate ships were smaller, with a crew of perhaps 50 men. Golden Age pirate ships could easily be larger and need to be anchored offshore and dinghies used to get ashore. But those could have well over 100 men. The largest had 300-400.

Our uncharted island is not completely uninhabited. It is home to a giant of a wildman. He stands 6’7”, dark hair, blue eyes, muscled. Think of what Clark Kent as a young man might look like as a barbarian. The arrival of the pirates will draw his attention. But he won’t make his presence known right away - especially when he sees how they treat the woman.

Our story will begin in the wake of the rescue of the woman. How the rescue ends will depend on the era and size of the ship. But it will determine the initial plot of the story. The man could destroy the pirate ship, leaving the surviving pirates to struggle to survive while trying to recapture the woman and kill the wildman. There is a possibility of the pirate ship being captured by the wildman. Wouldn’t that be a twist.

So .. the story could be of survival on the island or sailing the stolen pirate ship to civilization and living there. It could be both - survival until pirate hunters arrive. It will also be a story about getting to know the wildman - who isn’t as wild as he will seem at first. He was marooned - born in a civilized society, though not of noble blood. (After 1776 you could also be American.) Remember, we do need to have a backstory for your character that fits the time. This is historical fiction. I like to do my research, but I am no expert. I do NOT expect you to be one either. Fiction. Fiction.

We COULD even introduce some Edgar Rice Burroughs, Jules Verne, and similar source elements to the story. We could even have some steampunk. I just thought of the possibility that the woman’s father is an inventor or explorer - like the man who funded the mission in Atlantis: The Lost Empire. I do love anachronisms.

Posting
3rd Person Past Tense
Decent literacy
PM Threads (One for OOC; one for IC)
I typically manage about a page per post.
I can generally manage at least 3-4 posts per week. I tend to get bored if the posting frequency drops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back