• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Phoenix Academy: School for future heros! (IC closed)

Reign looked at the carbon on Raven's fingers, ordering it to come back before all of the carbon she had used returned to the duffel bag. "That was carbon. Sorry if it coming off your fingers was weird, but every bit counts since it's what I've slowly been building up. I freely control it, kind of like elemental bending from Avatar. Except, I don't move my body to control it or anything, I just issue commands and the commands are followed." When Raven showed her ability Reign watched the butterfly, amazed at what she just saw. "... Woah. Yeah, cool. Really cool. Compared to that, mine doesn't take any skill or have any elegance." Reign's ears turned red in embarrassment, feeling like she didn't exactly have the right to be proud of he ability. Even if she could achieve a similar thing as long as it was within two meters, she didn't have to work on herself to improve her skill, she just had to raise money to buy diamonds.

"So, is it possible to do a person, like me, or maybe you?" Reign asked, genuinely curious.
Duke of Doge Duke of Doge

"I'm not comfortable doing people. It creeps me out to have small people in my hands. But I do stick figures." She thought for a second. "Hey... graphite is carbon right. So does that mean you can like... control my drawings? Here" she flattened the butterfly, put it back in her book. And drew a inch tall stick figure, shading it in with pencil for extra measure before pulling it into three dimensions. The stick figure walked over to Reign and waved at her. "Don't get sentimental. He's totally fine with it."
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

"Howard." The guy said with a slow nod as he spared a glance at her, before his eyes darted back to the screen.

"Only talking to some friends." He said as he was reading somthing, messaging his wrist in the process. "Should be fine as long as you don't use it..."

Reign felt bad for asking for something that made Raven uncomfortable to do. "Yeah, graphite is carbon... Alright, I'll try." Reign put the stick figure under her domain, telling it to do a back flip. It did so, but went out of her range and fell apart into dust. "Apparently, I overwrote your skill when I took control..." Reign wasn't really good with talking observations, since it was really hard to make them conscious processes.

Reign felt uncomfortable with not being able to offer anything, so she changed the topic. "So, what room did you get? I got 109."

Raven watched as her drawing was turned to dust 'that's somthing to note...' it was weird watching someone else do what she did, almost like someone copied her ability... no matter the question she asked left Raven rather shocked. 'That means I have to room with her... hm. I guess it's better than a complete stranger' Raven took a deep breath, answering simply "guess we're room mates" she said with a slight smirk. "This'll be an interesting combination." She muttered to herself. So far, first impression of her room mate... loud. Talkative. Somewhat awkward, though ravens attitude didn't help. Raven had yet to see her in action, so she won't pass judgement on her just yet.
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

She smiled, looking around. "So what's your power, Howard? It's probably gotta be something epic, like Bomb magic or Finger lasers... Or something... Right?" She kept her joyful attitude and childish spirit, and was still jumpy in her seat.

Thompson Wright

After catching up with the receptionist, Thompson took his keys before finally reaching the inside of the school, which was a courtyard. After glancing discretly at the students around with some of them who were interesting, he walked in the direction of a girl. "You found a beautiful, peaceful place." He said before glancing at her with a smile as he sat on the bench. "Sorry for bothering you, but would you mind if i stay with you for a little while ? My name is Thompson." After scratching his back head, he talked again. "What do you think about this school so far ?"

Tag : merveille merveille

Saoirse Mac Eoghain

Saoirse was taking in the scene of the courtyard when a young man approached her. Damn it, human interaction. Hopefully, I won't have to talk too much, she thought while she took a moment to study his features. Pale skin, green eyes, and green hair. He looked interesting, but as a girl with white hair and dark red eyes, she had no right to say anything. She shook her head at him asking if he could stay. While she would rather be alone, it would be impolite to ask him to leave. "I'm Saoirse," she said, making eye contact with him for only a second before she went back to observing the environment. She shrugged at his second question. "I can't really say anything about it just yet, but it seems . . . nice, I guess," she shrugged with an indifferent tone in her voice.

Interacting with: Thompson ( Chachalotte Chachalotte )

Thompson Wright

After noticing her struggled with eyes contact, Thompson simply kept his smile while glancing at her and around. The girl with the Owl was also looking special, but Saoirse came in a nice and soft spot and he felt like he could get along her. His eyes widened at her answer, looking like he wasn't surprised. "You just find this school... Nice ?" He said with a joking tone. "To be honest, i can't contain my excitement right now. I have rarely seen powers from the others." He didn't speak about his father power, that would have just kill his mood. After saying that, his lips had twitch from thinking about the dorms. "The dorm is going to be scary..." He muttered, his tone being less confident then usually. It could be great only if his roomate wouldn't be too curious about him.

Tag : merveille merveille

Ah... So, roommates, that's a thing. Now, is it a bad thing or a good thing? Reign found herself looking Raven over again with her complexion a bit pale at the thought that she was working her way up to hitting on her room mate, and pink suddenly filled her mind returning color (perhaps in too much abundance) to her face. I think it falls under the second category... "Well, uh, what type of food do you like? Maybe I could cook something for us both, at least for tonight. I had brought some stuff so that I could cook my own meals. I don't like the rumors I've heard about american cafeteria food, I have standards for my meals. So, most of this duffel bag is filled with food, utensils, and a griddle."

He was late, of all the times to be late, he was late today! His feet carried him swiftly as he zipped by. At what speed you may ask? hell he's going about 5 miles per hour, Axis was cautious of ever using his power, it always ended up badly. Hell last time he ended up with a broken leg, he shivered at the thought. Rounding the corner he sighed in relief, the school was in sight! with this bought of excitement that ran through him Axis's Ability flared up, sending him forward at increased speeds as well as up into the air. The whoosh of wind and sound of bystanders below astonished him, looking back he saw how the sidewalk had cracked and gave way to the amount of pressure he had caused it. although this became difficult to see as he flew by, his ascent not yet stopping. He gulped heavily, his heart hammering heavily against the small of his breast, he didn't know how he would deal with landing, maybe he would break something again. He didn't have much time to think it over as his descent started....aimed right for the middle of the court yard "Oh shit oh shit ohshitshitshit" his words came out cracked and broken as they were lost in the winds, his descent increased his speeds and he was nearing the ground at such a fast rate, that he had no other choice. risk the courtyard, or break a bone.

Without a second thought, he lifted his hand, forcing all of his energy in the tip of his palm. and then slammed it forward, Causing a shock wave fifteen feet from the ground. It slowed him down, but the sound from the shock wave was so loud that he couldn't hear anything except from ringing in his ears. and this thought was whisked away as his body slammed down and made contact with the ground,the sound of a bone breaking echoed through out the court yard, as well as the scream of pain coming from Axis. "Ahgg Shit!" It was his arm that had cracked, it didn't look like much. but Axis couldn't move it to save his life. and on top ofthat, he sat there in the middle of the courtyard, realizing that he was now in front of hundreds of students. He gulped softly, laughing nervously. What a way to start ofthe first day of school

"I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you, don't think my powers are as fancy as everyone else's" Said Howard, this time looking up from his computer screen. "The basic version: I can turn my solid body into a gaseous state....not exactly the most destructive power out the-"

Then there was that massive explosive sound caused Howard to close his eyes in mild annoyance.

The guy sighed and got up, taking his laptop off of himself and muttering about somthing about not being surprised that a bomb just detonated in the middle of a court yard.

It turned out the bombing sound was human made, as in literally made by a human. Best put away his laptop before it gets damaged by any more explosions...seemed like the girl over there was not happy.

Last edited:
"I like pretty much anything that does not have mushroom in it. But my favorite food are spaghetti, hot dogs, and pizza." She answered monotone. 'I hope she can cook...' Raven then turned and stared at Reign... blinking as she studied the girl. "I-"
She was cut off by Axis's entrance. "HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY!?" She yelled, putting her hands to her ears as she fell backwards. Tipping over the bench she and Reign were sitting on. She stood up quickly. "Was that a goddamn bomb?!" The dust cleared, as did the ringing in her ears. "Nope. Its just an idiot..."
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There NyxDarling NyxDarling
(And whoever else)

She didn't react to the sound, being used to sudden loud noises. She lived with a twin sister obsessed with Pyrotechnics, and the street she grew up in was violent. "Whoa... You can turn into a gas? That's pretty neat... Just think of all the places you could sneak into! Nobody's secrets are safe from you!.. If you actually put the effort into sneaking around..." She took out a Kunai, beginning to play with it by spinning it.

Last edited:
"I-" Here it comes, the lo-!

The courtyard got bombed, the bench got tipped over, and Reign's carbon kept her from falling. "Damn it...!" Reign whispered the slight show of irritation under her breath. I was about to hear the sweetest words known to man and woman! Scheisse! Wait... I'm jumping to conclusions. She might have been about to say something else. Oohps. Reign looked back, seeing Raven on her feet. And, hearing that Raven was a little less restrained than herself in the manner of language said in public. She decided to prioritize, and aim for the most important things first. She stood up from the hurriedly built (floating) carbon chair, looking Raven over closely with concern. "Are you alright? I'm sorry, I didn't have enough time to catch both of us..." Reign's voice was soft while she asked. The carbon returned to the duffel bag when she figured that the man moaning in pain wasn't an enemy.

"Christ.....that hurt" Axis shook gently, muscles weak and body aching as he pushed himself up. his one good arm bracing against the floor as he meekly stood. He caught the eyes of many gazing at him, and he knew already that this was not a good first impression, sighing heavily. he grabbed his back pack from the ground and headed off towards the main office, he would need to get his dorm key, and then hopefully stay out of everybody's hair, fade into the rest of the crowd like he was supposed to. Although he felt as if that was going to be almost impossible now. As he tried to walk forward, he fell. tripping over his own legs as his muscles gave way to the weight of his body against them. It seemed as if he couldn't move, and the pain that ran through his body sent shivers down his spine. he bit his lip hard, keeping the tears from his eyes as he lay there silently.

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Elekta Kount Elekta Kount Everyone Everyone else

Raven looked over to Reign "Yeah, I'm fine. It'll take more than that to keep me down..." then she saw the state this guy was in. She winced. "I'll go find the nurse..." she said sounding actually bored... she rubbed her ear and ran off off to find the nurse, not so much ran.. but a fast jog. She felt bad for that kid, he probably just wanted to make a cool entrance, but instead, he's making the nurse do some rather heavy work on day one. That's not exactly a good start to anyone's school year, super powered or not. Hey, at least now she gets to explore the school! Which she was going to do anyway before... boom.
NyxDarling NyxDarling That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Elekta Kount Elekta Kount (and everyone else)

"..." Does she even know the way to the nurse's office...? Probably not, but oh well. Reign thought about moving on and going to actually flirt instead of just making pleasant conversation. However, that didn't sit well with her. Besides, she's going to be sharing a room with a hot girl. There will be plenty of chances to engage in the greatest joy of life. Reign bit her lip, but she knew her heart's decision was final.

Reign walked towards the bomb-come-boy, kneeling beside him and slipping off the duffel bag as carbon unzipped it for her. "... Hey, is there anything I can do to help you? I have a first aid kit, although I don't really know how to use that type of stuff..." The first aid kit was brought to her hand by the carbon, and her eyebrows were furrowed as she tried and failed to figure out what she could do.

NyxDarling NyxDarling

Howard was rubbing his head as he now sat in a normal position, trying to make sense of the situation.

"Nothing really phases you, huh?" Howard said a sniper gen gave the girl another glance. "Yeah, my powers are really helpful when I need to be...unremarkable, to say the least."

The guy's focus then moved to the guy currently lying in the middle of the court yard.

"C'mon, we'd better go see if he's still alive." He said as he got up, pushing up his glasses and then pocketing his earbuds.

Keeping his hands in his pocket and a slight slouch to his posture, he could described as meandered over to where the floored guy was. Walking up, his expression was curious, before he squated down and looked at the guy.

"Is he alright?" Howard asked, still in a somewhat netrual tone to the girl now standing over him.

Last edited:
Saoirse Mac Eoghain

Saoirse looked at him, her face seeming expressionless as she shrugged a second time. "It's nice to know that you can at least use your powers more freely h-," she was interrupted with a thundering boom that resembled the sound of a bomb. Shutting her eyes and shielding her very sensitive ears, she groaned at the extremely loud boom. Was it a threat? A bomb? Her ears were ringing loudly and her head was buzzing with incomprehensible and random thoughts as she gasped heavily for air.

"What . . . the . . . FUCK? WHO THE FUCK-?" she cursed loudly with her eyes glowing bright red before looking in the direction of where it came from. The idiot who launched the powerful shockwave was limp on the ground, obviously in great pain. A girl with red hair and another guy had gone to try to aide him. Saoirse's eyebrows furrowed as she looked at him, though it was mainly her ears were still ringing and she was just very irritated. She sighed as her ears started to go back to normal and there was no more ringing. Her eyes didn't glow anymore and she looked at the limp guy on the ground again with a small groan.

Interacting with: Thompson ( Chachalotte Chachalotte )
Mentions: That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Elekta Kount Elekta Kount NyxDarling NyxDarling

Axis crumpled against the concrete, the sounds of groaning and some people yelling for help could be heard all around him. He himself began to grumble, he hated these types of situations, hated being the outcast on the first day. Bloody powers always acting up at the worst times, he tried clenching his fists, but shocks of pain ran through his entirety any time he tried to move a muscle. His lips parted as a chocked cry of pain rang out from them, blood spilling from his cracked and sliced up lips. His eyes hurt and head ached as well, must have been from exuding so much force and getting the blunt end of it.

Lifting his head he noticed a girl coming towards him, oh great he was going to be get lectured. But rather then a snarky attitude and rought voice, he got a gentle tone and general questioning.
"Uhm, well..i think ill be fine for now. maybe waiting for the nurse will be best. uh....hi, my names...axis" His tone was awkward, and his speech was choppy. As if he didn't really know how to talk to people. Beads of sweat began to dribble down along his forehead and cheek as he lay there in pain, his arm had started to bleed freely, the blood spilling against the white of the concrete, most likely staining it. He sighed as another two people came over to him and started questioning. "No....im not necessarily fine, but ive been through this before....it just happens. my powers flare up with out me trying to, and i lose control....thats what happened here" he winced as he tried to speak, the pain in his chest heavy and the world slowly becoming dizzy.

Raven found the nurses office with relative ease... well, after finding a map of the school first. "Hey! Nurse" she looked at her name-tag "uh, Bennett a student busted himself up pretty bad in the courtyard. He needs help. I think he broke something!"

'yeah, my eardrum...'
she mentally scolded the boy.

The nurse got up immediately and ran out into the courtyard, Ms Bennett had black hair and pink highlights. In her mid twenties, she moved fast. Getting into the courtyard. She dropped to the boys side.
"Alright! hold still. this is going to feel weird." she cautioned him before putting a hand on his forehead. Axel began to glow a slight pink, his injuries began to fix themselves almost automatically. For Axel, it felt like his damaged areas were covered in pins and needles.
Raven stood back and watched.
"Cool."
NyxDarling NyxDarling That Lass Over There That Lass Over There merveille merveille Chachalotte Chachalotte Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

Right when she was about to take out gauze and some tape, Reign heard footsteps and paused, looking for the source. As soon as she saw Raven returning with someone Reign took the duffel bag back onto her shoulder, having the carbon put the first aid kit back in and zip the bag back up. When she saw that the person did something, making the boy shine with a pink glow, Reign was able to look away assured that he was going to get better. "Well, you made it pretty fast, Raven. Did you find ask someone for help? Or maybe you've been here before?" Honestly, Reign was pretty shocked by Raven's speed. She had thought that it would have been a few more minutes at least. "Anyways, isn't it time to head to the auditorium by now? Maybe we should try and find our way there now."

Duke of Doge Duke of Doge NyxDarling NyxDarling merveille merveille Chachalotte Chachalotte Elekta Kount Elekta Kount

Ezra looked at the person that made the loud sound and disturbing Gerrant to make him hoot loudly. Placing a hand on one of his feet, one of her vectors slowly passed over his feathers to calm him down and it worked. The owl looked distrustful at the human who caused so much noise before looking ahead to the line before hooting at Ezra.
"This one understands, Gerrant."
Ezra said softly while moving up in the line and was closer to the desk to get her key and class schedule.
(Still open to interaction and will possibly butt into one conversation)

Howard slid his phone halfway out of his pocket to look at the time, it wasn't barly 8:15

"Still a bit early for that, but I suppose if you want to get good seats now may be the time." Howard said with slightly more energy, before sliding it back in his pocket.

He then folded his arms as he watched the guy on the floor slowly heal himself. "That's a pretty nifty power you have there." He mused, his comment directed at the nurse. "Especially for your line of work, when one of us inevitablely blows up..again."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back